Unit 2 Task Report on body language
Aims in this section: 1. Learn how to anticipate a response 2. Learn hoe to formulate written questions 3. Learn how to conduct a survey and how to wr
ite a report Procedures:
Skills Building1: Anticipating a response
1. Have the Ss to guidelines on page32. Make sure that they understand how to predict the answers to the questions while listening. 2. Read the statements 1 to 9. Let the Ss decide if the statements are true or false. Listening. Finish the exercise on page 32. Ans. 1T 2F 3F 4F 5T 6F 7F 8T 9T Step 1: Filling in a chart 1. Ask Ss to say what these common gestures in the chart mean in China. And ask them to predict what they mean in America. 2. Have Ss listen to a recording and confirm their predicted answers. Finish the chart on page 33. 1.good 2.telling the true 3.Yes 4.No 5.Hello or goodbye 8. good job 9.Ok
6.crazy 7.where you are(you place)
Skills building 2:
Formulating written questions:
1. Read the guidelines on page 34 to make sure that they know what to.
2. Help the Ss to analyse why the questions should be asked like that. Finish the rest two. 2.Last night, we watched a television show on CCTV8. Did you see it ? If so, did you like it? 3.I finished a book last night. How about you? What happened in the last book you read?
Step2: Surveying your classmatesTake the first one as an example
and ask them to finish the rest in Sample answers: 1a 2b 3a 4a 5a 6b 7a pairs.
Skills building 3: Organizing a report
1. Read the four points at the top of page 36 check out the tips. Put emphasis on the four main sections. 2. Have the Ss go over the guidelines; work in groups to check their answers to find the appropriate sections for these sentences and number them in the logical order. Answer 8 4 2 6 3 5 1 9 7
Step 3: writing a report on body language
1. Now the Ss are going to write a report on body language in China with the information they gathered in Step1 and Step2. 2. When writing, they may refer to the structure ------ Get the Ss to go through the second part on page37 to get the general idea for each
section. Introduction Procedures/Method Results/Findings Conclusion Homework: 1. Read A on page 99
2. Finish B on Page 99