高中英语人教课标版必修 1－5 册教材知识点大全
第一节 不及物动词 一）不及物动词 1. As the rocket rose slowly into the air we began to feel the pull of the earth (B3U4 天文) In the distance, they could see the mist
y cloud that rose from the great Niagara Falls （ B3U5 加拿大）The chair began to rise . (B2U4 生物) We hope the number of panda will soon rise. (B2U4 生物) The sun is just rising over Gombe National Park in East Africa. （B4U1 妇女）Rise to any challenge（ B5U3 未来）The water in the wells rose and fell(B1U4 地震) 2. A new situation arises . (2-3 电脑) The problem arose. （U1B5 科学家）He is supposed to clarify any problems that may arise over the Internet. （B5U2-英国） 3. In the country some of the oldest and most beautiful forests in the world still remain. （B3U5 加拿大）It remained when the rest has been destroyed. (B2U1 古迹) The part of ancient walls remain as good as before. (B2U1 古迹) What happened to the city remained a mystery. (B2U1 古迹) /The building remained part of a royal palace and prison combined. （B5U2-英国）Huge questions remain to be answered (B3U4 天文) The tower had remained standing for one thousand years. 4. She has argued for them to be left in the wild and not used for entertainment or advertisements. （B4U1 妇女） Putting natural waste from animals in their fields, they argue, makes the soil richer in minerals and so more fertile. (B4U2 农业) 5. I wonder why the universe exists. (B3U4 天文) 6. Sherlock Holmes looked up at the stars and whispered, ―What do you think of?‖ (B4U3 幽默) 7. My mind wanders . (2-3 电脑) 8. I‘m hoping to find work. As a matter of fact, I landed in Britain by accident. （B3U3 百万英镑） 9. Dr Y uan awoke from his dream with the hope of producing a kind of rice that could feed more people. (B4U2 农业) 10. I wonder how long the universe has lasted and how vast the sky is. (B4U3 幽默) 11. This is how the story goes. （B5U4 新闻） 12. He realized that the men had been lying. （B5U4 新闻）The cellar lay under the church. （B5U2-英国） 13. ―You write good front page stories, ‖ she noted. （B5U4 新闻）He sighed. ―yes, ‖ he added（接着说）, ―and I would miss my dumplings and fatty pork. （B3U2 饮食） 14. He has struggled for the past five decades to help farmers. (B4U2 农业) 15. Write a short reply to the letter. (B2U1 古迹) 16. Chaplin produced, directed, and wrote the movies he starred in. (B4U3 幽默) 17. Jane helped people understand how much they behave like humans. The prisoners behaved badly because they were being treated like animals. （B4U1 妇女） 18. He took the friendly bank-note to the bank and cashed. （B3U3 百万英镑） 19. It seemed as if the dust would multiply and become a new planet. (B3U4 天文) 20. They would starve if food was difficult to find. （B3U1 节庆） 21. talk too much （B5U4 新闻） 22. That night as the train was speeding along the St Lawrence River （B3U5 加拿大） 二）不及物动词短语＋名词 1. Put forward a suggestion（U1B5 科学家） 2. John Snow looked into the source of the water for these two streets. （U1B5 科学家） 3. He believed in the second theory（U1B5 科学家）He believed in three principles. (1-5 英雄) 4. take up a new career（U1B5 科学家） take up the prize （ B5U3 未来） take up your place at university（B5U3
未来）take up a new job（B5U3 未来） 5. She died of cholera after drinking the water. （U1B5 科学家）He died for his ideas. (1-5 英雄) He died from a piece of falling furniture. (B1U4 地震) 6. The UK consists of 4 countries. （B5U2-英国） 7. All the calculations led to the same conclusion. （U1B5 科学家） 8. The equipment will add to the quality of life. （B5U3 未来） 9. His career came to an end when he became ill. （U1B5 科学家）The past can come to life （U5B4 乐园） The government came very close to a disaster. （B5U2-英国） 10. Contribute to the community（U1B5 科学家） 11. Now when people refer to England you find Wales included as well. （B5U2-英国） 12. He belongs to a trade union. (B2U1 古迹) The earth belongs to the living. (B2U1 古迹) I found the person to whom it belonged. (B2U1 古迹) The computer company belonged to Wang An. (1-5 英雄) 13. Clean bandage will not stick to the skin./ The clothes are stuck to the burn. --Could you stick to the point, please?—stick to your promise（B5U5 急救）They can be tied to the tables or stuck to them so they won‘t easily move around. (B1U4 地震) Make a special time for practicing and stick to it. (B2U5 音乐) You will be fine as long as you stick to the rules ．(B2U5 音乐) 14. At last he came to himself. (2-3 电脑) Come to power(1-5 英雄) Look up to the sky(B2U1 古迹) What she
said doesn‘t relate to the facts. (B2U2 奥运)The words are related to each other in meaning. (B2U2 奥运) 15. dance outside to the music of a band （B3U1 节庆） He explained to me that the force of gravity would change three times on our journey (B3U4 天文) Organic farming also refers to crops growing with natural rather than chemical fertilizers. (B4U2 农业) 16. The most energetic and important festivals are the ones that look forward to the end of winter and to the coming of spring. He had looked forward to meeting her all day. We think that long ago people looked forward to the celebrations. （B3U1 节庆）He did not look forward to being in debt because his restaurant was no longer popular. （B3U2 饮食）I‘m looking forward to my first assignment as a reporter. （B5U4 新闻） 17. If you look around the British countryside, you will find evidence of all these invaders. （B5U2-英国） 18. What does the robot look like ? (2-3 电脑) look on the waiter ‘s face （B3U3 百万英镑） He is looking at them over his left shoulder. （B3U3 百万英镑）They looked out of the windows at the wild scenery. （B3U5 加 拿大）They went up the tall CN Tower, and looked across the lake. （B3U5 加拿大）They sat in a café looking over the broad St Lawrence River. （B3U5 加拿大） 19. The cultural relics are well looked after. (B2U1 古迹) Animals have to look after themselves. (B2U4 生物) Looking after the forest helps with wildlife protection. (B2U4 生物) 20. suffered from ―time lag‖ （B5U3 未来） 21. The next day Pingyu was leaving London for Windsor Castle. （B5U2-英国） They were not leaving for Montreal until later, so they went on a tour of the city. （B3U5 加拿大）the waiter leaves for the kitchen. （B3U3 百万英镑） 22. He heard about the plan. （B5U2-英国） 23. prepare for a flight into space （U5B4 乐园） An outline will prepare you to write a better story. (B1U4 地震) 24. Fall in love(B1U1 朋友) They fell in love. （B3U1 节庆） Live in peace(B1U1 朋友) The large city lay in ruins. (B1U4 地震) The building had fallen in ruins(B1U4 地震) Fill in the form(2-3 电脑) fill in the forms （B4U1 妇女） 25. We had to change from our trousers into shorts. (B1U3 游记) Look into the report. (B2U1 古迹) Look into the sky at night and try to find out the names of some of the stars. （B3U5 加拿大） 26. It happened long before humans came into being. (B2U4 生物) bump into someone else (B4U3 幽默) knock into someone (B4U3 幽默)
27. Deal with information(2-3 电脑) Deal with polluted water（U1B5 科学家）They came up with a name for their band. (B2U5 音乐) Stay with what is true in your heart(B2U5 音乐) Communicate with each other(2-3 电脑) (B1U1 朋友) (B1U2 英语) People found it hard to do with the ruins . (B1U4 地震) I am getting along well with a boy in my class. (B1U1 朋友) Do you get on well with your classmates(1-5 英雄) I wanted my shoes to go with this dress. （B3U1 节庆）Get together with your friends. （B3U5 加拿大）All the houses shone with bright lights. （B3U5 加拿大） 28. Ask for help from sb(B2U2 奥运) ask for a good salary for the job（B3U3 百万英镑） He asked for the way to the theatre. (B2U5 音乐) People can find hope for a brighter future even after a bad earthquake. (B1U4 地 震) Let‘s hope for greater success(2-3 电脑) Search for a new world（B5U3 未来） 29. Feel sorry for(B1U1 朋友) The Milu deer is being well cared for in the center. (B2U4 生物) It was a small book explaining how to cut the death rate from having and caring for babies by following some simple rules for keeping babies clean and healthy. （B4U1 妇女）Dr Y uan searched for a way to increase rice harvests without expanding the area of fields. (B4U2 农业) hope for the best (B4U3 幽默) I earned my passage by working as an unpaid hand, which accounts for my appearance. （B3U3 百万英镑） 30. He closed his restaurant and set out for the library. （B3U2 饮食） Li Fang set off for home. （B3U1 节庆） 31. In American, McDonald’s does not allow Unions to operate in its restaurants and these are people who speak up for the workers. （B3U2 饮食） 32. She decided to apply for some money. (B2U4 生物) She decided to apply for some money. As a result, a special butterfly became protected. (B2U4 生物) The companies applied to be allowed to hunt some of the elephants for a fee. (B2U4 生物) 33. Put up our tents. (B1U3 游记) Put up shelters for the homeless(B1U4 地震) Pick up the apple (B2U2 奥运) pick up gold (B4U3 幽默) Set up a company (1-5 英雄) Blow up buildings(1-5 英雄) Make up a story(B1U4 地震) Make up new moves(2-3 电脑) Clean it up(B2U4 生物) I had to pack up my things very quickly. (B1U1 朋友) Hang up the phone(B2U5 音乐) 34. Have you ever dreamed of being in front of thousands of people, with everyone clapping? (B2U5 音乐)I used to dream of being famous. (B2U5 音乐) dream about(B1U3 游记) Realize our dream of making all races equal(1-5 英雄) The cousins dreamed of French restaurants and red maple leaves. （B3U5 加拿大） 35. They thought little of the events. (B1U4 地震) Think highly of(B2U1 古迹) They thought very highly of our design. (B2U5 音乐) 36. This made me feel good about myself. (1-5 英雄) If you are careful, you don‘t need to worry about losing them. (B2U1 古迹) 37. The Russian didn‘t care about the Amber room. (B2U1 古迹) She doesn‘t care about details. (B1U3 游 记)He cares less about himself. (B2U1 古迹) He cares little about spending the money on himself or leading a comfortable life. (B4U2 农业) He also doesn‘t care about being famous. (B4U2 农业) 38. Go on a picnic(B1U1 朋友) Instead, organic farmers insist on changing crops every two or three years. (B4U2 农业) Work on the dictionary(B1U2 英语) He began to work on an engine in 1918. (1-5 英雄) Whether life will continue on the earth for millions of years to come will depend on whether this problem can be solved. (B3U4 天文) 39. You can concentrate on photography later on. （B5U4 新闻）stay concentrated 40. They compete against each other for the honor of winning. (B2U2 奥运) He will compete with other athletes from foreign countries. (B2U2 奥运) No one can compete with his software. (1-5 英雄) Do you compete for money too? (B2U2 奥运) 41. The Chinese fought against Japanese invaders during World War II. (1-5 英雄) He fought for his countries to be free from the UK in a peaceful way. (1-5 英雄) 42. No one could escape from the prison. (1-5 英雄) Escape from technology(2-3 电脑) 43. I began as a simple machine. (2-3 电脑) The band began as a TV show. (B2U5 音乐)
44. The room served as a small reception hall. (B2U1 古迹) She dressed as a man and went to fight for the French. （B4U1 妇女）She went to the stadium dressed as a man reporter. (B2U2 奥运) 45. Their friendship has gone through tests of life and death. (B1U1 朋友) 46. Stay overnight(B2U1 古迹) Watch over the child(2-3 电脑) over coffee 47. She did not look happy but glared at him as she moved round the customers. （B3U2 饮食） 48. There was frost on the ground----fall had arrived in Canada. （B3U5 加拿大） The story of how we arrive at this picture is the story of learning to understand what we see. (B3U4 天文) 49. In this way they cut down the fat and increased the fibre in the meal. （B3U2 饮食） 50. I do not agree with your opinion. (B2U1 古迹) I don‘t agree with the writer. (B2U1 古迹) All members have to agree with what music to play. (B2U5 音乐)I don‘t agree that it should be returned. (B2U1 古迹) 51. He has given up many things in his life to help others. (1-5 英雄)He gave up a rich life for his ideas. (1-5 英 雄)I have to give up a lot of things to win gold medals. (B2U2 奥运)I had to give in. (B1U3 游记) 52. A special village to live in(B2U2 奥运) 53. leave out the word（B5U2-英国）Figure out an idea（ B3U5 加拿大） 54. 三）不及物动词短语 1. Soon the disease began to slow down. （U1B5 科学家） 2. Our car broke down and we had to push it off the road./Peace talk breaks down./ When we gave her the bad news, she broke down and cried. （B5U2-英国） 3. The southern part broke away to form its own government. （B5U2-英国） 4. 5. 6. 7. If burns are on the face, the victim should sit up. （B5U5 急救） We have a clear idea of what is going on there. （B5U4 新闻） A competition is coming on(2-3 电脑) Wave about（ B5U3 未来） go soft（B5U3 未来）
8. fall ill suddenly--fall in love with（ B5U5 急救）―Perhaps I will see the Queen?‖ she wondered as she fell asleep. （B5U2-英国）He tripped and fell over. （B5U4 新闻）I rushed across the garden to save it but suddenly fell over and hurt the skin on my arm. (B4U3 幽默) 9. They rang the BBC to find out how to grow their own noodle tree. (B4U3 幽默) Just then the lights on our spaceship went out (B3U4 天文) 10. She didn‘t turn up. She could be with her friends right now laughing at him （ B3U1 节庆）turn up for the examination（ B5U3 未来） 11. The band broke up in about 1970. (B2U5 音乐) I cheered up immediately (B3U4 天文) 12. That afternoon in the train the cousins settled down in their seats. （B3U5 加拿大） As the earth cooled down, water began to appear on its surface. (B3U4 天文) 13. Die out(B2U4 生物) Take apart(B2U1 古迹)
1. Some festivals are held to honour the dead, or satisfy and please the ancestors. Festivals can be held as an honour to famous people or to the gods. One of these is the Dragon Boat Festival in China, which honours the famous ancient poet, Qu Y uan. （B3U1 节庆） Yale and Oxford Universities honoured him for his writing. （B3U3 百万英镑） In India there is a national festival to honour Gandhi, the leader who helped gain India‘s independence from Britain. （B3U1 节庆）The park was built to honor those who helped the survivors. (B1U4 地震)He was honoured for carrying out lifesaving first aid on his neighbour （ B5U5 急救）I am honored that you would ask me for advice. (B2U5 音乐) It‘s a great honor. (B2U2 奥运) Just having you sit here is a great honour! （B3U3 百万英镑）I had the honor to be chosen again. (2-3 电脑) They compete
against each other for the honor of winning. (B2U2 奥运) The meal cost more than a good meal in his own restaurant. （B3U2 饮食）It‘ll cost a tiny bit. （B3U3 百 万英镑）The search has cost a lot of time. (B2U4 生物) Wishing for things costs nothing. (B4U2 农业) It‘ll cost a tiny bit. （B3U3 百万英镑）It costs little or no money to go to them. （U5B4 乐园）
The drug affects mosquitoes. (B2U4 生物) What he did affects the wildlife in his area. (B2U4 生物) It affects me when I watch the wild chimps. （B4U1 妇女） She has gained a doctor's degree for her studies. Later she taught the women to sew, knit and make a little money for themselves and gain some self-respect. Her kindness helped her gain the friendship of the prisoners. （B4U1 妇女） Recently the term “organic farming” has gained another meaning. (B4U2 农业) He helped gain India‘s independence from Britain. （B3U1 节庆）
The most ancient festivals would celebrate the end of the cold weather. （B3U1 节庆） Easter celebrates the death and return of Jesus. （B3U1 节庆）Families celebrate the lunar New Year together. （B3U1 节庆） Celebrate their time as a real band(B2U5 音乐) admire the ice sculptures everywhere in the city （B3U1 节庆）In China and Japan there are mid-autumn festivals, when people admire the moon. （B3U1 节庆）Admire the beautifully decorated rooms （B5U2英国） We‘d like to advertise the city as a holiday place （ B3U5 加拿大） Make a poster to advertise a sporting event. (B2U2 奥运) Nunavut was created in 1999 as a special area for Inuit people. （B3U5 加拿大）We can work together to create an even better system. (2-3 电脑)
9. She would never forgive him. （B3U1 节庆） 10. Slimming foods are served in the restaurant. （B3U2 饮食）They are served the ice ream. （B3U2 饮食） 11. We value you. （B3U2 饮食） 12. The next morning I‘d just about given myself up for lost when I was spotted by a ship. （B3U3 百万英镑） 13. 14. 15. 16. 18. 19. 20. 21. Permit me to lead the way, sir. （B3U3 百万英镑） That table‘s reserved（B3U3 百万英镑） Two notes in this amount have been issued by the Bank of England this year. （B3U3 百万英镑） The discoveries have revolutionized the way we think. (B3U4 天文) They like ice fishing and photographing polar bears. （B3U5 加拿大） The candles lit the room. (B2U1 古迹) Don‘t endanger wild animals any more. (B2U4 生物) The insect contains a powerful drug. (B2U4 生物)
17. It is surrounded by mountains on the north and east （B3U5 加拿大）
22. No one will be pardoned. (B2U2 奥运) 23. The olive wreath has been replaced. (B2U2 奥运) 24. The last thirty years have seen the greatest number of laws stopping our rights. (1-5 英雄) 25. She has achieved everything she wanted to do. （B4U1 妇女） 26. It was a small book explaining how to cut the death rate from having and caring for babies. （B4U1 妇女） 27. Women who lived in the countryside could not reach a doctor. （B4U1 妇女） 28. deliver a baby for a poor family who could not pay her. （B4U1 妇女） Instead, she made sure that about 50， 000 babies were safely delivered to their mothers. （B4U1 妇女） 29. Her husband supported and encouraged her, so she continued working to help improve the lives of poor prisoners till she died. （B4U1 妇女） 30. He wants everyone to call him a farmer, for that‘s how he regards himself. (B4U2 农业) 31. He gives millions of yuan to equip others for their research in agriculture. (B4U2 农业) be equipped with （B5U3 未来）
32. Developing a healthy soil reduces diseases in crops. (B4U2 农业) 33. The insect attacked the crop every year. (B4U3 幽默) 34. provide up-to-date information, Parks provide people with a place to amuse themselves. Theme parks have been designed to provide entertainment. （U5B4 乐园） 35. take a journey deep into space，The bus can take us for a ride all around the park. take the PCC in Hawaii for example （U5B4 乐园）take the place of （B5U2-英国） 36. The earthquake hit Alaska. (B1U4 地震) a big hit(B2U5 音乐) 37. They will be given time to tour Beijing. (B2U2 奥运) 38. They find various ways to meet this need（U5B4 乐园）It will answer your family‘s commands（B5U3 未 来） 39. experience life in the future （U5B4 乐园） 40. draw a conclusion （U1B5 科学家）, gather the information（U1B5 科学家）, defeat the disease（U1B5 科学家） ，handle the problem（ U1B5 科学家） 41. This theory doesn‘t seem to make sense . （U1B5 科学家）A simple knowledge of first aid can make a real difference. （B5U5 急救） solved the problem（ B5U3 未来） give first aid, provide first aid, perform first aid （B5U5 急救）Make 的短语(P4) （U1B5 科学家） 42. He requires the same atmosphere but do not live on the earth. （B5U3 未来） 43. bend the rules （通融规则） （B5U3 未来） 44. Follow instructions for all electrical appliances. （B5U5 急救）Sorry, I can‘t follow you. (B1U2 英语) 45. His sleeves caught fire. （B5U5 急救） 46. The ceremony recognised their bravery/ I recognized her immediately.-- You must recognize the seriousness of the problems（B5U5 急救）No one could recognize me. (2-3 电脑)Even when he wore sunglasses people recognize him. (B2U5 音乐) 47. John used the bandage to dress the most severe injuries/Clean and dress the wound immediately. （B5U5 急 救） 48. damage the nerves -- The doctors were worried that he might have suffered brain damage（不可数） . （B5U5 急救） 49. She presents the late-night news. （B5U5 急救） The person presenting the programme （B5U4 新闻） John was presented with his award at a ceremony--- The winners were presented with medals. 50. The reception is hosted by the Prime Minister.-- to host a show/programme (introduce guest)-- We thanked our hosts for the lovely evening.- （B5U5 急救） 51. He was employed to polish the style of articles. （B5U4 新闻） 52. cover a story/We covered 400 miles a day/The books covers many subjects on mystery. （B5U4 新闻） 53. It is useful if a person wants to challenge the newspaper. （B5U4 新闻） 54. acquire all the information （B5U4 新闻）// avoid mistakes （B5U4 新闻） （ B5U4 新闻）/ tell the truth （B5U4 新闻）/ Score a goal （B5U4 新闻） 55. clarify the problem, clarify the point（B5U2-英国） 56. These countries have developed different educational and legal systems as well as different football teams. （B5U2-英国） 57. They can practice Christianity in their own ways. （B5U2-英国） 58. Westminster Abbey contained statues in memory of dead people. （B5U2-英国） 59. Many treasures are displayed in the museum. （B5U2-英国） 60. London has been influenced only by some invaders of England. /The third invaders influenced the vocabulary of the North, Helen's a bad/good influence on him. （B5U2-英国） 61. A bear is about to approach a boy. (B1U2 英语) 62. Dr Y uan is now circulating his knowledge in some less developed countries to increase their rice harvests.
(B4U2 农业) 63. His research helps end hunger in the world. (B4U2 农业) 64. Walk the dog(B1U1 朋友) Avoid his company(B1U1 朋友) Tell the difference(B2U1 古迹) Sign the book(B2U1 古迹) Spoil the chances. (B2U1 古迹) Host the Olympic Games(B2U2 奥运) Reach the standard(B2U2 奥运) Do the dishes(2-3 电脑) Mop the floors(2-3 电脑) Raise money. (B1U4 地震) Solve a math problem(2-3 电脑) Build a good relationship(B2U4 生物) Lay eggs(B2U4 生物) Leave a note(B2U5 音 乐) Pay bills(B2U5 音乐) Form a band(B2U5 音乐) Copy others‘ performance(B2U5 音乐) Earn some extra money(B2U5 音乐) The computer can operate the bike(2-3 电脑) 65. They hope to collect 1 million yuan to help the blind in Tibet. (B1U4 地震) Ask directions(B1U2 英语) Push your way to the door(B1U2 英语) He doesn‘t easily lose heart when he is in trouble. (1-5 英雄) They thought the ancestors could return either to help or to do harm. （B3U1 节庆） He would drown his sadness in coffee. （B3U1 节庆） He wiped the tables. （B31U 节庆）She would keep her word. （B3U1 节庆） If they are not given anything, the children might play a trick. （B3U1 节庆）Festivals are a time to enjoy each other’s company and have fun with our friends. （B3U1 节庆） pay the bill （ B3U3 百万英镑） change this bank-note. （B3U3 百万英镑） entered our little eating place（ B3U3 百万英镑）Reptiles produced young generally by laying eggs. (B3U4 天文) Some huge animals developed. They laid eggs too. (B3U4 天 文) He collected information from good farmers, studied it, and did experiments to find the best way. (B4U2 农业) Collect information（B3U5 加拿大）Scientist spends two years training to mend the space telescope (B3U4 天文) So he was trained to do repairs on spaceships and telescopes. (B3U4 天文) He was going to take them to the train station to catch ―The True North‖ the cross-Canada train（ B3U5 加拿大）. 66. We hope to have a complete picture of the universe we live in. (B3U4 天文) 67. At that time women’s education was always placed second to men‘s. （B4U1 妇女） 68. He was loved by all who watched the films for his determination in overcoming difficulties (B4U3 幽默). 69. He lived the last years of his life in Switzerland. (B4U3 幽默) 70. take a bicycle trip(B1U3 游记) Take some measures(B2U1 古迹) Take photos(B2U1 古迹) Take my picture(B2U4 生物) take this gentleman‘s order, Horace. （B3U3 百万英镑）Well, we have to take a chance . （B3U3 百万英镑）They decided to take the train from west to east across Canada in September （B3U5 加拿大） He took the bet because they thought it was unbelievable that anybody could walk so far in one day. （B3U3 百万英镑） Change his mind(B1U3 游记) (B2U2 奥运) take a course in photography at university （B5U4 新闻）These burns are serious and take a few weeks to heal. （B5U5 急救） 71. Make progress(B2U4 生物) Make your choice(2-3 电脑) Make a better environment(B2U4 生物) Make an effort to change the situation. (B1U1 朋友) Make a decision(2-3 电脑) make a promise （B3U2 饮食） In this way the man made his appearance at the foot of the mountain before nightfall. （B3U3 百万英镑） 72. I follow instructions with cards with holes. (2-3 电脑) More people follow what he does. (B2U1 古迹) If others follow him, so much the better. (B2U1 古迹) 73. Give commands(B1U2 英语) Give some performances(B1U3 游记) Give a performance to a camera. (B2U5 音乐) The truck gave the man a ride. （B3U3 百万英镑）Give us directions(B1U3 游记) Give sb. the directions(B2U5 音乐) Portia walks over to Roderick and gives him a hug. （B3U3 百万英镑） 74. Support the star fiercely(B2U5 音乐) Support the project(B2U4 生物) 75. English plays a very important role. (B1U2 英语) Geography plays a part in making dialects. (B1U2 英语) Women play a very important role . (B2U2 奥运) He played a poor and homeless person, who wore worn-out shoes and a small round black hat. (B4U3 幽默) 76. Try to have fun with English. (B1U2 英语) Have fun(B2U5 音乐) 77. His friends offer him help when he needed it most. (B2U1 古迹) Offer the children free education(2-3 电脑) Offer help(B2U4 生物) Be offered a ticket to the concert(B1U1 朋友) 78. He was not going to hold his breath for her to apologise. （B3U1 节庆）
79. They lit fires and made music because they thought these festivals would bring a year of plenty. （B3U1 节 庆） light incense（ B3U1 节庆） light lamps （ B3U1 节庆） 80. join the snowmobile races join the crowd join us for dinner （B3U1 节庆） Maybe they could join together to make a better menu. （B3U2 饮食） 81. The surface of the moon produced a lot of dust . (B3U4 天文) Produce a record(B2U5 音乐) Reptiles produced young generally by laying eggs. 82. The spaceship began to increase its speed (B3U4 天文) In this way you can increase your vocabulary and knowledge. （B3U5 加拿大） 83. Horse riding is not included in the winter games. (B2U2 奥运) All these men and young boys came from different parts of Greece, including Athens. (B2U2 奥运) Others went to work with Murray, including his two daughters. (B1U2 英语)His other hobbies include playing mah-jong, swimming and reading. (B4U2 农 业) 84. She insisted that we find the source of the river. (B1U3 游记) He insists that it belongs to his family. (B2U1 古迹) 85. We advised the parents that the child should not be taught too much. (1-5 英雄)He advised poor people on their problems. (1-5 英雄) 86. I‘d like to help as the WWF suggests . (B2U4 生物) He would be punished for even suggesting such an idea. （U1B5 科学家）Read the plan and suggest ways to make it better. (B2U1 古迹) 87. An article was written which suggested he was guilty. （B5U4 新闻） He suggested that the source of all water supplies be examined. （U1B5 科学家）Some people even suggest we should do more. (B2U4 生物) He suggested that the earth was spinning as it went round the sun. （U1B5 科学家）He suggested changing crop in the field every year. (B4U2 农业) 88. I tried to make sense of what I see. (B3U4 天文) develop your sense of rhythm, feel a sense of success 89. He received a place to study mathematics in the university. (1-5 英雄) 90. If you‘ll excuse me , I think I‘ll be on my way. （B3U3 百万英镑） 二）及物动词＋名词＋介词＋名词 1. The map gave a valuable clue about the cause of the disease. （U1B5 科学家） 2. lose sight of（B5U3 未来）, catch sight of （B5U3 未来） 3. Their leaves provided the house with much-needed oxygen. （B5U3 未来） 4. 5. 6. 7. Fire can cause terrible damage to your home. （B5U5 急救） Nobody could put their hands on any bandage. （B5U5 急救） Remind sb. of sth（B5U3 未来）I remind myself that …（B5U3 未来） Accused the reporters of getting the wrong end of the stick （B5U4 新闻）/accuse sb of a crime （B5U4 新 闻）A footballer was accused of taking money
8. He was very angry and tried to stop us (from) publishing it. （B5U4 新闻） 9. The skin protects you against diseases/Your skin prevents your body from losing water. （B5U5 急救） 10. Leave an impression on sb（B5U3 未来） 11. Your skin also keeps you warm ./ Keep cloths cool by putting them back in the cold water over and over again./He kept placing cool cloths on it. （B5U5 急救） keep getting flashbacks（B5U3 未来） keep the skills of the island people alive （U5B4 乐园） Keep your eyes open if you are going to make the trip worthwhile. （B5U2-英国） 12. What should you do if you are kept waiting. (B2U4 生物) It can keep your bicycles from running into other bikes. (2-3 电脑) How can we keep buildings from falling down? (B1U4 地震) I kept asking her. (B1U3 游 记) 13. Make a list of(B1U2 英语) Take the place of(B2U2 奥运) 14. After a while I got the hang of it and we began to enjoy ourselves. (B3U4 天文)
15. Shakespeare made use of a wider vocabulary. (B1U2 英语) To be a good learner, you must make full use of the library books. (2-3 电脑) 16. Someone will take care of you on the river. (B1U3 游记) We need to take care of things properly before the earthquake comes. (B1U4 地震) I‘ll take care of this. （B3U3 百万英镑） Human beings are not taking care of the earth very well. (B3U4 天文) 17. I tried to make sense of what I see. (B3U4 天文) 18. I don‘t want the flowers to remind me of her. （B3U1 节庆） 19. She, herself, was more concerned to rid China of poorly grown vegetables. (B4U2 农业) 20. To get rid of hunger is very important in some African countries. (B4U2 农业) 21. The band was formed of these musicians. (B2U5 音乐) 22. Add more details to the design(B2U1 古迹) 23. People didn‘t pay attention to cultural relics in the old days. (B2U1 古迹) He told all the people present to pay more attention to education. (B2U5 音乐) You should pay closer attention to the rain forest. (B2U4 生 物) She paid attention to all the information she can collect. (B2U4 生物) The good news is that great attention is being paid to wildlife protection. (B2U4 生物) 24. Offer presents to the God(B2U1 古迹) They offer food, flowers and gifts to the dead. （B3U1 节庆） 25. Join the computer to the Internet(2-3 电脑) 26. Be sentenced to prison for life. (1-5 英雄) 27. She devoted all her life to medical work for Chinese women and children. She had devoted her whole life to her patients and had chosen not to have a family of her own. （B4U1 妇女） He has devoted his life to finding ways to grow more and more rice. (B4U2 农业) 28. lead the ancestors back to earth（B3U1 节庆）The printer has been connected to the computer. (2-3 电脑) 29. she showed kindness and consideration to all her patients. （B4U1 妇女） 30. People will give too much attention to a bank-note of this amount. （B3U3 百万英镑） 31. Rubbing protects me from mosquitoes. (B2U4 生物) Those cars try to park and prevent other cars from moving quickly through our town. （B3U2 饮食） Carbon dioxide prevents heat from escaping from the earth into space. (B3U4 天文) When farmers use this kind of natural fertilizer they keep the air, soil and water as well as the food supply free from chemicals. (B4U2 农业) 32. All of us get equal turns in talking to the class. (B2U2 奥运) 33. 34. 35. 36. Mark Twain spent his boyhood in Hannibal（ B3U3 百万英镑） Have a lot in common(2-3 电脑) The Village will be turned into a residential area. (B2U2 奥运) She decided to do some research into what foods should be eaten（ B3U2 饮食）I am treated like a real person. (2-3 电脑) 文) The last years of his life were filled with sad events, loneliness and the loss of much money. （B3U3 百 万英镑） Share information with others(2-3 电脑) She concerned herself with( 关心) welfare projects. （B4U1 妇女） 38. She kisses him on the cheek. （B3U3 百万英镑）I sat down at the computer to do some research on Lin Qiao zhi（ B4U1 妇女）Then he gave advice on turning over the soil. (B4U2 农业) Pop music has the same effect on your life. (B2U5 音乐) 39. Play jokes on sb. (B2U5 音乐) 40. Some animals are killed for food. (B2U4 生物) Some people might win awards for their animals. （B3U1 节庆） 41. Many of them have a gift for working with animals （B3U5 加拿大） 42. People trusted the Panorama programme for its careful research and serious information. (B4U3 幽默)
37. Taking carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and filling the air with oxygen helped life to develop. (B3U4 天
43. She has a strong love for cultural relics(B2U1 古迹) 44. Take tourists around the place(1-5 英雄) 45. We learned a lot about being a band. (B2U5 音乐) 46. The athletes will be provided with apartments in the Olympic village. (B2U2 奥运) The information has been provided for visitors. (B2U1 古迹) 三）常用作被动的及物动词 1. He became inspired when he thought about helping ordinary people exposed to cholera. （U1B5 科学家） The water companies were also instructed not to expose people to polluted water anymore. （U1B5 科学家） 2. This door is supposed to be locked（B5U3 未来） He knew the man who was supposed to have bribed him （B5U4 新闻） 3. The deaths were linked to the Broad Street outbreak. （U1B5 科学家）Wales was linked to England in the 13th century AD/ Later England and Wales were joined to Scotland/ They were going to get Ireland connected to form the United Kingdom （B5U2-英国） 4. For convenience England is divided roughly into three zones. （B5U2-英国）be divided into（ B5U3 未来） 5. Be blamed for something（ U1B5 科学家）It seemed the water was to blame（不用被动）/. （U1B5 科学 家） 6. be described as a round plate（ B5U3 未来）be described as a ―Great adventure‖（B5U3 未来） 7. Be wrapped in gold paper（B5U3 未来） 8. Opinions and facts are often mixed in any report. （B5U4 新闻） 9. Be absorbed into （U1B5 科学家） Be absorbed in her studies （B5U4 新闻） The second theory suggested that people absorbed this disease into their bodies with their meals. （U1B5 科学家） 10. get injured/If your skin gets burned, it can be very serious./ You can get burned by hot liquids./ Don‘t break any blisters or the wound may get infected./the food got caught in your throat. （B5U5 急救）If the injuries are third degree burns, get the victim to the hospital at once. （B5U5 急救）Wang Ping‘s reward was to get sunburnt from the many hours she had spent in the sun! (B4U2 农业) Farmers often grow the same crop year after year. As a result, the soil gets exhausted. (B4U2 农业) It is important to explain this again or we will get confused. (B4U2 农业 ) Wang Wei got them interested in cycling. (B1U3 游记 ) He hurried to get dressed.(B2U4 生物) They got married secretly, and they were very happy. Her daughter was married to a human, （B3U1 节庆） If we get lost in the crowd, we should meet at the parking lot by eight o‘clock. I need to get changed（B5U5 急救） 11. The city is known as the ―Brave City of China‖ (B1U4 地震) They are known as Bikers for the Blind. (B1U4 地震) April Fool‘s Day, or April 1st, is known in many countries as a day for playing jokes on others. (B4U3 幽默) be unknown to sb/ be known for his books （B5U3 未来）This part is known as the North. （B5U2-英国） 12. We were caught by the gravity of a ―black hole‖. (B3U4 天文) They are caught on the edge of a mountain in a snowstorm. (B4U3 幽默) One of the books caught my eye. （B4U1 妇女） It is usually a time when children make fun of each other but sometimes other people can get caught in the fun too. (B4U3 幽默) 13. As he rode through countryside on his journeys for his work he looked out at the fields and was lost in thought. (B4U2 农业) His writing lost most of its humour. （B3U3 百万英镑） He is lost in London. （B3U3 百万英镑）As he rode through countryside on his journeys for his work he looked out at the fields and was lost in thought . (B4U2 农业) 14. English was based on German(B1U2 英语) Their music is based loosely on their school life. (B2U5 音乐) Theme parks have a certain idea that the whole parks are based on. （U5B4 乐园） 15. Some rivers are considered to be wonders of the world. (B2U1 古迹) The book was considered to be an important summary of the knowledge of farming. (B4U2 农业)
16. The building was designed to look like both a traditional and western hotel. (B2U1 古迹) Festivals are meant to celebrate important events. （B3U1 节庆） 17. Be admitted to the Games(B2U2 奥运) He was admitted into the skating club in 2003. (B2U2 奥运)Athletes from all over the world are admitted as competitors. (B2U2 奥运) 四） 情感动词 (典型及物动词 )和情感形容词 1. Write a letter to encourage others to help save the cultural relics. (B2U1 古迹) Athletes are encouraged to do their best. (B2U2 奥运) He encouraged me to have music lessons(B2U5 音乐) They do not encourage violence.(1-5 英雄) He encouraged his children with good stories. (1-5 英雄) The hanging boxes will encourage birds to visit the area. (B2U4 生物) These plants multiplied and filled the first oceans and seas with oxygen. This encouraged the development of early shellfish. (B3U4 天文) Her work encouraged many other women to become doctors. （B4U1 妇女） 2. 3. We were tired but also very excited. We were tired from the long bike trip. (B1U3 游记) Be tired of fat （B3U2 饮食） But don‘t you get tired quickly? （B3U2 饮食） (B1U3 游记) An excited elephant(B2U4 生物) He was an excited supporter of Coco Li(B2U5 音乐) The waterfall is even more exciting to see. (B1U3 游记) She was able to replace her usual afternoon ‘s work by watching some exciting sports. (B2U2 奥运)It was so exciting when my letter became neat and tidy. (2-3 电脑) A most exciting experience(B2U5 音乐) ―That was very exhausting but very exciting too," I exclaimed. (B3U4 天文) 4. She was amazed when they heard of the rules. (B2U2 奥运) Daisy was amazed. (B2U4 生物) We watched, amazed as fire broke out. (B3U4 天文) It is amazing how warm these ice houses can be! （B3U1 节庆） It‘s amazing how much pleasure you get out of the simple things in life. （ B3U3 百万英镑） I never would have believed it. Why, that is amazing, man! （B3U3 百万英镑）What amazes you most about the modern Olympics? (B2U2 奥运) 5. It was painful for me and I felt frightened. (2-3 电脑) I saw many frightened cows rush up Market Street. (B1U4 地震) It was a frightening night. (B1U4 地震) But returning to the earth was very frightening. (B3U4 天文) Anne was very upset that her family had to move. (B1U1 朋友) Everyone was very upset. (B2U2 奥运) What upsets you most about the project? (B2U2 奥运) Children will not be allowed to make a noise and 7. 8. 9. upset the competitors. (B2U2 奥运) I do not want to upset my friends. (B2U4 生物) The word is confusing t o me.(B1U2 英语) It is important to explain this again or we will get confused. All his music was written for God and some of it is very moving．(B2U5 音乐) When scientists look at it carefully they find high levels of fat. This is very worrying. （B3U2 饮食） His
mother was worried about his health. (1-5 英雄) 10. His entertaining silent movies are still popular today. (B4U3 幽默) So how did he make a sad situation entertaining? (B4U3 幽默) 11. Your tour sounds interesting. (B1U3 游记) 12. His charming character The Little Tramp is well known throughout the world. (B4U3 幽默) 13. He was very disappointed. (B3U4 天文) Henry, I‘m disappointed in you. （B3U3 百万英镑） 14. He sat in his empty restaurant feeling very frustrated. （B3U2 饮食） 15. Roderick seems very surprised to see Portia. （B3U3 百万英镑） 16. The waiter is shocked. （B3U3 百万英镑）So they were shocked to find the next day that they had all believed an April Fool‘s joke. (B4U3 幽默)a shocking knife attack（B5U5 急救） 17. She was determined to work with animals in their own environment. （B4U1 妇女）She gave me a determined look. (B1U3 游记) 18. Farmers often grow the same crop year after year. As a result, the soil gets exhausted. (B4U2 农业)
19. She inspires those who want to cheer the achievements of women. （B4U1 妇女）Some actors can astonish us with the deep feelings they can inspire in us for a character they are playing. (B4U3 幽默) 20. Tell him that you are concerned about him. (B1U1 朋友) I believe you are concerned about animals disappearing. (B2U4 生物) I am really concerned about the wildlife in the rain forest. (B2U4 生物) They will be concerned about providing parking for the cars in our main street. （B3U2 饮食） 21. They would be satisfied with their festival. （B3U1 节庆） He is satisfied with his life. (B4U2 农业) He is not satisfied with his life. (B4U2 农业) 22. He is puzzled why I am in a puzzle about the puzzling cross-word puzzle. （B5U2-英国） 23. But she was thrilled by so many wonderful treasures （B5U2-英国） 第三节 一）及物又是不及物动词 1. survive an airplane crash, （U5B4 乐园） survive the experience, （U5B4 乐园）They managed to survive in the jungle. （U5B4 乐园） A cultural relic is something that survived for a long time. (B2U1 古迹) The buildings survived the earthquake. (B1U4 地震) I did not know whether I could survive until morning. （B3U3 百万英镑） Developing a healthy soil reduces diseases in crops. (B4U2 农业) Develop a program(2-3 电脑) Music lessons will let you develop your sense of rhythm .(B2U5 音乐) Man developed new methods of growing food, hunting and moving around. (B3U4 天文) That made it possible for life to begin to develop. (B3U4 天 文) 3. When we got there, I wanted to explore immediately. (B3U4 天文) I‘d like to explore ideas about this sport. (2-3 电脑) Now Dr Y uan has another dream: to export his rice so that it can be grown all over the world. (B4U2 农业) The programmes explored problems and progress all over world. (B4U3 幽默) explore all the islands （ U5B4 乐园） 4. They dress up and try to frighten people. （B3U1 节庆）You can dance outside to the music of a band, who are all dressed in heavy clothes – even some of their instruments are dressed up for winter. （B3U1 节庆） some of their instruments are dressed up for winter. （B3U1 节庆） Dressed in the finest clothes, he drove by the brothers‘ house. （B3U3 百万英镑） Dr Y uan searched for a way to increase rice harvests without expanding the area of fields. (B4U2 农业) And our galaxy in a universe is infinite and expanding (B3U4 天文) attend a special reception （ B5U5 急救） The doctor attended Queen Victoria to ease the birth of her babies. （U1B5 科学家） Last of all, the chief editor approved it. （B5U4 新闻）approve of（同意）one‘s suggestion（B5U4 新闻） Use the heaters carefully as they can set objects on fire. （B5U5 急救）This clock sets the world time. （B5U2-英国）Work on the stories and photos until all was set. （B5U4 新闻）set hard（B5U3 未来） He set to work. （B5U4 新闻）They set the number of animals to be hunted. (B2U4 生物) The film is set in California Chaplin in the middle of the nineteenth century. (B4U3 幽默) 9. You can‘t tell which is which（B5U3 未来）A good reporter can tell whether people are not telling the truth. （B5U4 新闻） He loved food very much and you can tell that by visiting his kitchen. （B5U2-英国）Only time will tell. (B1U2 英语) 10. Search for the room(B2U1 古迹) search the Internet for more information. （B3U5 加拿大） He searched the city for all of his friends. (B2U1 古迹) The search for the relic continued. (B2U1 古迹) The search has cost a lot of time. (B2U1 古迹) The Dutch went to the island in search of supplies. 11. I intend to hide it in the cave. (B2U4 生物) He intended to do something to make Chinese farming even better. (B4U2 农业)The book was intended for women who lived in the countryside. （B4U1 妇女） 12. He determined to find out why（U1B5 科学家）
5. 6. 7. 8.
13. It hurt a lot. （B5U5 急救） 14. He announced with certainty that polluted water carried the disease. （U1B5 科学家） He announced that he would take up a new career. （U1B5 科学家） 15. Buy clothes that do not burn easily. （B5U5 急救） 16. 17. 18. 19. The dust began to slowly combine into a ball moving around the sun. (B3U4 天文) The village can’t afford to build a school. (B1U3 游记) You can‘t afford to miss it. （B5U2-英国） Their number has grown rapidly. (B2U4 生物) These small is lands are spread about the Pacific Ocean. （U5B4 乐园）Spread the secrets far and
wide(B1U1 朋友) Small clever animals appeared and spread all over the earth. (B3U4 天文) 20. I joined the ANC Youth League as soon as I could. (1-5 英雄)The prison guards also joined us . (1-5 英 雄)Dao Wei will join us there. (B1U3 游记)Join in the discussion(B1U1 朋友)Women were not allowed to join in. (B2U2 奥运)He sang his latest hit and I joined in. (B2U5 音乐) take part in the Olympics (B2U2 奥 运) take part in a week of activities. （B3U1 节庆）John had taken part in the Scheme at his high school. （B5U5 急救）/take part in car racing, take part in battles, take an active part in experiments. All countries can take part. (B2U2 奥运) 21. It‘s about four hundred kilometres northeast of Toronto, so it would take too long. ‖ （B3U5 加拿大） 22. Serve the human race(2-3 电脑) Food is served between 12:00 and 14:00 every day. (B2U2 奥运) 23. She wants to marry a king or a princess. (B2U2 奥运)I will be married to a man who can run faster than me. (B2U2 奥运) 24. He can‘t prove that he is right. (B2U1 古迹) It can be proved that China has more people than any other country. (B2U1 古迹) A fact is anything that can be proved. (B2U1 古迹) This mother proved that women trainers can be better than men trainers. (B2U2 奥运) He wanted to prove that organic farming methods were better for the soil than using chemical fertilizers. (B4U2 农业) 25. My son turned ten the other day. (B2U5 音乐) 26. The dog got loose . (B1U1 朋友) People love to get together to eat, drink and have fun w ith each other. （B3U1 节庆） We get together to play a football game. (2-3 电脑) Get together(B1U3 游记) You‘ll have to go slowly for a while, until you get used to the music and the heat. get the fact straight Have you got everything ready? (B1U3 游记) They are such huge places that visitors often use shuttles to get around. （U5B4 乐园） 27. He did a good job and the telescope works fine. (B3U4 天文) This puzzle doesn‘t work . （U1B5 科学家） Yuan Longping works the land to do his research. (B4U2 农业) 二）不定式或 ing 动词短语 1. If you happen to have some cultural relics, will you give them to the government? (B2U1 古迹) They promise to play fairly(B2U2 奥运) 2. If I lost something, I wouldn‘t expect to get it back(B2U1 古迹) He expects his son to get high scores for his college entrance exams. (B1U2 英语) Those who report the news were expected to speak excellent English. (B1U2 英语) 3. He had worked for the emperor and when he got old, he was able to go to his hometown to relax. (B4U2 农 业) 4. Decide not to do(B2U1 古迹) tell sb not to do(B2U1 古迹) I don‘t know which to believe and which not to believe(B2U1 古迹) Many countries agree not to use landmines. （B4U1 妇女） But he seemed not to hear. （B3U2 饮食） 5. He advised farmers to choose seed-heads which had the best colour. (B4U2 农业) He advised farmers to clear weeds from the ground before planting crops. (B4U2 农业) 6. The spaceship warned me to be ready as we were approaching the ―black hole‖. (B3U4 天文) 7. She made as many men as she should share her pain. (B2U2 奥运) I would rather not tell you. (B2U4 生物)
He had better do some research! （B3U2 饮食）You had better play in a band. (B2U5 音乐) And he would rathe r keep time for his hobbies. (B4U2 农业) Chinese farmers would rather use methods they understood and live a comfortable life. (B4U2 农业) 8. Elizabeth helped improve prison conditions. Her work helped the Quakers get the Nobel Peace Prize in1947. Jody Williams helped found an international campaign to stop the use of landmines. Jane helped people understand how much they behave like humans. Her study of their body language helped her work out their social system. For forty years Jane Goodall has been helping the rest of the world understand and respect the life of these animals. （B4U1 妇女） 9. He used to walk to his rice fields twice a day, but now he prefers to ride his motorcycle. (B4U2 农业) Some organic farmers prefer planting grass between crops to prevent wind or water from carrying away the soil. (B4U2 农业) 10. He spent all of their lives trying to collect words for the dictionary. (B1U2 英语) 11. Finally he tries cutting and eating the bottom of the shoe. (B4U3 幽默) 12. Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson went camping in a mountainous area. (B4U3 幽默) 13. The athletes enjoy competing in winter. (B2U2 奥运) Enjoy being famous(B2U5 音乐) 14. You must stop your parents from eating more whale meat. (B2U4 生物) My heart stopped beating. (2-3 电脑) We should not be stopped from studying. (1-5 英雄) 15. He made speeches to get others to help him. (B2U1 古迹) He got his servant to drive a large truck （B3U3 百 万英镑）How do people get to form a band? (B2U5 音乐) 16. I used to write about the Games 2000 years ago. (B2U2 奥运) Farmers used to hunt the elephants. (B2U4 生 物) Money used to go to big companies. (B2U4 生物) The old men used to make one in a few hours. They used to live in skin tents in summer（B3U5 加拿大）He used to walk to his rice fields twice a day, but now he prefers to ride his motorcycle. (B4U2 农业)I love being used to connect people(2-3 电脑) A keyboard is used to keep data into a computer. (2-3 电脑) The antelope fur is being used to make sweaters. (B2U4 生物) Seven thousand tons of amber were used to make the room. (B2U1 古迹) 17. I feel like attacking the animal. (B2U4 生物) I know what it feels like to be an android. (2-3 电脑) 18. can’t have sb. doing 不能听任/容忍某人做某事 He couldn‘t have the man getting away with telling people lies! （B3U2 饮食） 19. I didn’t dare open the window. (B1U1 朋友) I know I didn’t need to encourage her. (B1U3 游记) 20. She tried to persuade him not to fight the government. (1-5 英雄) She persuaded me to buy one(B1U3 游 记). He persuaded the government to buy some land in the center of the city. (B2U1 古迹) 21. Pretend that you are a judge. (B2U1 古迹) Close your eyes and pretend you are Coco Li. (B2U5 音乐) They pretended to sing the song. (B2U5 音乐) 22. Those cars try to park and prevent other cars from moving quickly through our town. （B3U2 饮食） 23. Try writing a play so you can practise your oral English. （B3U5 加拿大） 24. Other people said she enjoyed being famous too much. （B4U1 妇女） 25. I stay awake in order to have a good look at the moon. (B1U1 朋友) We have a heart-to-heart talk in order to solve our problems. (B1U1 朋友) What do you think the Chinese team will do in order to win more medals? (B2U2 奥运) 26. Why not sit down and rest? （B5U3 未来） Why not study at medical college like Lin Qiao zhi and carry on her good work? （B4U1 妇女） 27. They do what they can to make their company bigger. (1-5 英雄) He did what he can to stop other competitors(1-5 英雄) 28. A footballer was accused of taking money for deliberately not scoring goals so as to let the other team win. I left home at 5:00 in the morning so as to be there on time. （B5U4 新闻）
一、重要时态数 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Why are you so late? I ‘ve been waiting for you for a long time! And I have a gift for you! ‖ （B3U1 节庆） The music and lights of the carnival continue, but we have been watching the parades and riding in horse carriages listening to the music all day. （B3U1 节庆） I had been growing the flower throughout the summer. (B4U3 幽默) If you were to fall in, you would freeze in less than two minutes. （B3U1 节庆） She could be thinner as well as healthy if she ate more vegetables like beans. 虚拟语气（B3U2 饮食） Up till now, the organization has collected millions of dollars. (B2U4 生物) We have written a lot of e-mails on the computer in the past year. (2-3 电脑) Our group are all going to visit the chimps in the forest. （B4U1 妇女） The family begins to wander off into the forest. （B4U1 妇女）Now more than 60% of the rice produced in China each year is from this hybrid strain. (B4U2 农业) Two hundred million tons of rice was produced last year. (B4U2 农业) Its population is increasing very rapidly（ B3U5 加拿大） 7. 8. 9. I did not realize that my homework was to change my life. （B4U1 妇女）I thought you lived in ice houses. （B3U5 加拿大） We felt very happy to have studied in college. (B1U3 游记) I didn‘t know that. (B2U4 生物) It was very nice of you but I can‘t accept it. (B2U4 生物)
10. I was wondering where you are from. （B3U5 加拿大） 11. 二、情态动词表猜测/过去习惯、其他 1. Harvest and Thanksgiving festivals can be very happy events. （B3U1 节庆） 2. 3. 4. 5. They thought the ancestors could return either to help or to do harm. （B3U1 节庆） She didn‘t turn up. She could be with her friends right now laughing at him. （B3U1 节庆） What could have happened? （B3U2 饮食）Nothing could have been better. （B3U2 饮食） That can‘t be true. (B2U1 古迹) On this important feast day, people might eat food in shape of skulls, and cakes with ―bones ‖ on them. （B3U1 节庆）Some people might win awards for their animals. （B3U1 节庆）Carnivals might include parades, dancing in the streets day and night, loud music and colourful clothing of all kinds. （B3U1 节庆） Our ancestors would sit round a fire and cook plenty of meat to eat. （B3U1 节庆）Often he would dress up like a rich man. （B3U1 节庆） If you‘ve won the bet for me, you shall have any job as my gift （B3U3 百万英镑）. His restaurant ought to be full of people. （B3U2 饮食） If the workers are happy with them why should they fear some workers joining a Union? （B3U2 饮食） Something terrible must have happened. （B3U2 饮食） It must be expensive. (B2U2 奥运) You must be very proud. (B2U2 奥运)
6. 7. 8. 9.
10. People may not have heard of noodles from this part of world because noodles were grown as part of small family businesses. (B4U3 幽默) 三、过去分词结构 1. The company named Future Tours （B5U3 未来） /a hovering carriage driven by computer （B5U3 未来） /some visits organized by the company. （B5U3 未来） He drinks lemonade mixed with herbs. （B5U3 未 来） 2. Worried about the journey, I was unsettled for the first few days. （B5U3 未来）get caught up in the crowd （B5U3 未来）
3. The capsule shook as we lay relaxed by our dreams （B5U3 未来） 4. Worried about the journey, I was unsettled for the first few days. （B5U3 未来）Worried about the time available , Zhang Pingyu had made a list of the sites she wanted to see in London. 5. Well-known for their expertise , his parents‘ company transported me safely into the future in a time capsule. （B5U3 未来） 6. Confused by the new surroundings , I was hit by the lack of fresh air. （B5U3 未来） 7. Exhausted, I slid into bed and fell fast asleep. （B5U3 未来） 8. Described as an enormous round plate, it spins slowly in space. （B5U3 未来） 9. Disappointed at the government ’s behaviour, he agreed to help replace the government. （B5U2-英国） 四、 ing 分词句型 1) ing 短语作定语 1. He got interested in two theories explaining how cholera killed people. （U1B5 科学家） 2. You can watch the snowboarding competitions on the hill overlooking the river. （B3U1 节庆） 3. The earth was different because of the arrival of small plants growing in the water on its surface. (B3U4 天文) /The earth is different from other planets going round the sun. (B3U4 天文) 4. There seemed to be a large circle of lights going round an empty space. (B3U4 天文) 5. That empty hole is like a mouth always needing to be fed. (B3U4 天文) 6. The lights are large stars being slowly sucked into it. (B3U4 天文) 7. It was a small book explaining how to cut the death rate from having and caring for babies by following some simple rules for keeping babies clean and healthy. （B4U1 妇女） 2） ing 短语作状语 8. Arriving home, he showed me in to a large, bright and clean room. （B5U3 未来） 9. Spreading some food on the table, she produced a bed from the floor. Exhausted, I slid into bed and fell fast asleep. （B5U3 未来） 10. When congratulating John, the director shared the audience with his heroic story. （B5U5 急救） 11. Later he worked on the theory for 10 years, gradually improving it until he felt it was complete. （U1B5 科 学家） 12. Finding that Zhinu was heart-broken, her mother finally decided to let the couple cross the Milky Way to meet once a year. （B3U1 节庆） 13. 14. 15. 16. Walking down the street, he hears someone calling him. （B3U3 百万英镑） Following old photos, the room has been made to look much like the old one. (B2U1 古迹) Living in peace, Hawaiians have developed a close relationship with nature. (B1U1 朋友) Wang Peiwei sat in his empty restaurant feeling very frustrated. （B3U2 饮食）
17. I floated weightlessly around in our spaceship cabin watching the earth become smaller and the moon larger. (B3U4 天文) 18. We are sitting in a caféin old Quebec, drinking hot coffee to try to warm up. （B3U1 节庆） 19. One person runs behind the sled, shouting to the dogs to encourage them. （B3U1 节庆） 20. The Christian rejected the theory, saying it was against God‘s idea（U1B5 科学家） 21. She was lying in her front garden bleeding very heavily. （B5U5 急救） 22. He changes colors depending on his mood （B5U3 未来）Burns are called first degree, second degree or third degree burns, depending on which layers of the skin are burned. （B5U5 急救）Meanwhile you have to prepare the next question depending on what the person says. （B5U4 新闻） 23. Sounds came from below our feet as we rose slowly from the ground, swinging gently. （B5U3 未来） 24. He wrote a new dictionary, giving American English its own identity. (B1U2 英语) 25. Make a list of what you see, only keeping those details (B1U3 游记) 26. The other side doesn‘t agree, saying, ―No, we should not save cultural relics. ‖ (B2U1 古迹)
27. Birds sing cheerfully in the forest, calling out the names from long ago. (B1U3 游记) 28. These put the minerals back into the soil, making it rich and healthy and ready to grow crops that need rich and fertile soil like corn or wheat. (B4U2 农业) 29. He was standing waiting. (B2U2 奥运) 30. 31. 32. 33. I was so lonely standing there alone(2-3 电脑) He fell turning over and over(2-3 电脑) Mice ran out of the fields looking for places to hide. (B1U4 地震) Once I stop, it all comes crowding in and I remember the chimps in laboratories. （B4U1 妇女）
34. She was very busy in her chosen career traveling abroad to study and writing books and articles. （B4U1 妇 女） 35. We learn to talk to humans using basic. (2-3 电脑) 36. Some Quaker women went around the country raising money for her work. （B4U1 妇女） 37. He lay there dying. （U1B5 科学家） 3）动名词复合结构 38. There is always a chance of very cold weather spoiling their crop. (B4U3 幽默) 39. I hate others gossiping. (B1U1 朋友) 40. I also worry about all those cars bringing people to buy food in McDonald‘s. （B3U2 饮食）/I am very worried about McDonald‘s building a restaurant in our hometown. （B3U2 饮食） 41. Why should they fear some workers joining a Union? （B3U2 饮食） 42. Would you mind waiting just a few minutes? （B3U3 百万英镑）I wonder if you‘d mind us asking a few questions. （B3U3 百万英镑） 43. I got lost when we reached what looked like a large market because of the people flying by in all directions. （B5U3 未来） 4）介词＋动名词 1. He slowed the bleeding by applying pressure to the wounds until the ambulance arrived./You can get burned by being close to high heat./First degree burns are caused by touching a hot pan./ Keep cloths cool by putting them back in the cold water （B5U5 急救）These hovering carriages float above the ground and by bending and pressing down on the driving stick one can move swiftly. （B5U3 未来） They move forward by shaking （B5U3 未来） （by doing 结构） She finished the day by looking at the outside of Buckingham Palace. （B5U2-英国） You can end your travels by meeting face to face with a dinosaur and survive the experience. The big companies expect to make a profit by charging money for the rides and shows in the park. （U5B4 乐园）I ask for help by writing a letter. (B2U4 生物) She was able to replace her usual afternoon ‘s work by watching some exciting sports. (B2U2 奥运) He became rich by being a computer bully. (1-5 英雄) 2. These theme parks let you have all these experiences without leaving the earth and the present time. These are lots of future theme parks in many countries, so you could probably visit one without learning French. （U5B4 乐园）Dr Y uan searched for a way to increase rice harvests without expanding the area of fields. (B4U2 农业) 3. The Games are about being able to run faster, jump higher and throw further. (B2U2 奥运) 五、助动词强调 We did sleep in clean beds that night. (B1U1 朋友) I do want to change the situation. (B1U1 朋友) They were not clever but they did pass the exams. (1-5 英雄) Although they rebuilt the street, they did save the old buildings. (B2U1 古迹) It would be wrong of me not trust a gentleman such as yourself, even if you do dress in a rather unusual way. （B3U3 百万英镑）Walking does need a bit of practice now that gravity has changed. (B3U4 天 文) The four countries do work together in some areas （助动词强调） （B5U2-英国）
第一节 单个名词 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. He was swept up into the center of them and my link with him was broken There is a direct link between his theory and the work of Newton. （U1B5 科学家） The security is the concern of the organization（ B5U3 未来）The number was small before concern. (B2U4 生物) I earned my passage by working as an unpaid hand, which accounts for my appearance. （B3U3 百万英镑） In 1974, he became the first agricultural pioneer in the world to grow rice that has a high output . (B4U2 农 业) They plant some crops that use the surface of the soil and others that need a deeper level of soil. (B4U2 农业) Can you match the joke with the explanation? (B4U3 幽默) I have a good shot for a goal. (2-3 电脑) Do this several times until everyone has had a go. (1-5 英雄) Go straight for two blocks. (B1U2 英语)
10. She soon looked like a model! （B3U2 饮食） 11. We‘ll go and see the winners of this year‘s awards for best band and best costumes. （B3U1 节庆） 12. The job was a reward for what I had done for the boss.(1-5 英雄) 13. Over the next two decades he was a printer, a riverboat pilot and a newspaper reporter. （B3U3 百万英镑） He has struggled for the five past decades to help farmers. (B4U2 农业) 14. You mustn‘t worry about that. It‘s an advantage . （B3U3 百万英镑） 15. They can ski in the Rocky Mountains and sail in the harbour. （B3U5 加拿大） 16. The reporter arrived in a northern community called Iqaluit. （B3U5 加拿大） 17. When you buy items in packets, you need to look at the side of the packet. （B3U5 加拿大） 18. At last we slowed almost to a stop and we were able to look around us. (B3U4 天文) Their next stop would be Calgary. （B3U5 加拿大） 19. Her research showed the connections between chimps and human beings. （B4U1 妇女） 20. Read some of these customer and waiter jokes. (B4U3 幽默) 21. A passbook is a book that shows your identity. (1-5 英雄) He wrote a new dictionary, giving American English its own identity. (B1U2 英语) 22. They left home for safety. (B1U4 地震) 23. There will be easy access to the sea-floor. （B5U3 未来） 24. Curiosity drove him inside. （B3U2 饮食） 25. You‘re going to see great scenery on your trip. （B3U5 加拿大） 26. He feels it gives him less f reedom to do his research. (B4U2 农业) 27. Carbon dioxide, oxygen, nitrogen and other gases were to make the earth‘s atmosphere . (B3U4 天文) 28. Nobody before has fully understood chimp behaviour. （B4U1 妇女）
29. Nature reserve(B2U4 生物)Natural Protection Zone(B2U4 生物) The best quality wool sweater(B2U4 生物) Wildlife protection(B2U4 生物) Friendship and understanding. (B2U4 生物) Easter a time of hope and promise. （B3U1 节庆）Study tour(B2U5 音乐) Solo piano concert(B2U5 音乐) Terror and fear(1-5 英雄) Field trip(B1U3 游记) The school speaking competition(B1U4 地震) Shuttle bus(B2U1 古迹) Rights and progress(1-5 英雄) School fees and bus fare(1-5 英雄) Train fare(B1U3 游记) The present day English(B1U2 英语) The present day Olympics(B2U2 奥运) Information technology(2-3 电脑) V alentine‘s Day（ B3U1 节
庆）the front window （B3U3 百万英镑）I wanted to put it into the next flower show. (B4U3 幽默) roast pork （B3U2 饮食） The printing process/ be processed into （B5U4 新闻） Space agency, travel agency, news agency（B5U3 未来）culture shock（B5U5 急救）Firework party（B5U2-英国）art collections （ B5U2英国）I should phone her from a telephone booth . （B3U5 加拿大）minority people（ U5B4 乐园） folk music(B2U5 音乐) country music(B2U5 音乐) A rock band(B2U5 音乐) 30. In this way they can keep the food supply free from chemicals. (B4U2 农业) Leaving chemicals in the ground for a long time is not good for the water supply. (B4U2 农业) Green food is grown away from dirty water supplies . (B4U2 农业) 31. styles of dress（U5B4 乐园）This is a trick of the trade （B5U4 新闻）For this length of time（B5U3 未 来）the length of stay on a space station（B5U3 未来）I was hit by the lack of fresh air. （B5U3 未来） 32. the sense of touch/feeling/smell/sight/taste/hearing/humor/duty （ B5U5 急救）The opening of the meeting （B5U2-英国） plenty of oxygen/（B5U3 未来） two orders of ham and eggs（B3U3 百万英镑）He has just finished every bit of food. （B3U3 百万英镑）Did the people of London have a good time with this bit of news ? （B3U3 百万英镑） Loss of bamboo growing areas(B2U4 生物) A piece of music(B2U5 音乐) A sign of friendship(B1U1 朋友) A waste of time(B2U5 音乐) Try many different styles of music(B2U5 音乐) A difficult period of life(1-5 英雄) A set of sentences(1-5 英雄) The rest of his life(1-5 英雄) the spirit of the Olympics(B2U2 奥运) A sport of your choice(B2U1 古迹) Two sets of Games(B2U2 奥运) This special strain of rice (B4U2 农业) An ear of rice (B4U2 农业) a week of activities （ B3U1 节庆） students of agriculture (B4U2 农业) When scientists look at it carefully they find high levels of fat . This is very worrying. （B3U2 饮食） a second plate of dumplings These new parks have a variety of things to see and do. （U5B4 乐园）The park is a combination of f un and learning. （U5B4 乐园）The challenge for the park is to encourage its visitors to buy a particular brand of sports equipment （U5B4 乐园） Another festival is Columbus Day in the USA, in memory of the arrival of Christopher Columbus in America. （B3U1 节庆） The earth was different because of the arrival of small plants growing in the water on its surface (B3U4 天 文) lots of fun and excitement（ U5B4 乐园）a place of fantasy（U5B4 乐园） 33. Just the thought of food made him feel sick. (B1U1 朋友) The sound of the name of Robben Island made us afraid. (1-5 英雄) I was excited at the thought of meeting Yang Liwei. (2-3 电脑) 34. After some time the found that their business cooperation had turned into a personal one （ B3U2 饮食） I may not return for some time . （B3U3 百万英镑） 35. Many millions of years later the first green plants began to appear on land. They became the most important animals on the earth for millions of years. (B3U4 天文) Whether life will continue on the earth for millions of years to come will depend on whether this problem can be solved. (B3U4 天文) They can win thousands of dollars in prizes. （B3U5 加拿大）China has tens of thousands of cultural relics. (B2U1 古迹) Tens of millions of years ago. (B2U4 生物)Billions of people(2-3 电脑) Tens of thousands of, hundreds of thousands of (B1U4 地震) There are thousands of jokes in English, which use a "play on words" to be funny. (B4U3 幽默) 36. Exercise to the music(B2U2 奥运) The threats to the environment(B2U4 生物) 37. gold medal for the event(B2U2 奥运) I won a silver medal for my performance. (2-3 电脑) The ticket for the concert(B2U5 音乐) 38. The big companies that own theme parks expect to make a profit by the charges for admission (charging admission) （U5B4 乐园） 39. English has a large number of speakers(B1U2 英语) uch a great number of people died. (B1U4 地震) Inside the earth there are a number of plates. (B1U4 地震)A number of people think God moved the statues. (B2U1 古迹) China has the fastest growing number of English speakers. (B1U2 英语) a number of nearby people （ B5U5 急救） The number of English speakers is increasing rapidly. (B1U2 英语) The large number of English speakers(B1U2 英语)The number of people who were killed reached more than 400. (B1U4 地震)
40. I am part of a football team. (2-3 电脑) On this island, friendship is part of the aloha spirit. (B1U1 朋友) The amber room was part of the winter palace. (B2U1 古迹) 41. Show me some place where there is some wildlife protection. (B2U4 生物) 42. There is no such thing as standard English. (B1U2 英语)
43. Give some advice . (B1U1 朋友) Give us some advice (B2U5 音乐) 44. Their balanced menus became such a success that before long Wang Pengwei became slimmer and Yong Hui heavier. （B3U2 饮食） 45. What an experience ! (B2U4 生物) an exciting Northern experience（ B3U1 节庆） 46. This character was a social failure (B4U3 幽默) Without it my work will end in failure. (B4U3 幽默) 47. A simple knowledge of first aid can make a real difference. （B5U5 急救） Living in England will be a great attraction. （B5U2-英国） Her first delight was going to the Tower. （B5U2-英国） 48. I do a lot of exercise . (B2U1 古迹) 49. We ate an early supper. (B1U3 游记) another beer （B3U3 百万英镑） 50. What luck! （B3U3 百万英镑） Good luck. （B3U3 百万英镑） Good luck on your journey. (B1U3 游记)It was great fun. (B1U3 游记) Thank you and good luck. (B2U2 奥运) 51.
1. In a short period of time(1-5 英雄) In your free time(B2U5 音乐) in less than two minutes （B3U1 节庆） In less than a hundred years, we have found a new way to think of ourselves. (B3U4 天文)In a light rain(B1U3 游记) In the 1600s(B1U2 英语) In the mid-1980s(B2U5 音乐) In the early 1960s(2-3 电脑) In the 1950s very few British people traveled abroad for their holidays and even fewer of them ate noodles. (B4U3 幽默) In the open air(B1U4 地震) They were lying in the open air under the stars. (B4U3 幽默) In the wild(B2U4 生物) In peace(B2U4 生物) In my opinion(1-5 英雄) (2-3 电脑) In the thick rain forest(B2U4 生物) I shout in computer language. (2-3 电脑) Write down your ideas in any order. (1-5 英雄) He was not in good health(1-5 英雄) We ran in that direction. (B1U4 地震) The winds blew upon the city from every direction. (B1U4 地震) Go away in different directions(B2U5 音乐) They are in danger of disappearing. (B2U4 生物) In return, the Czar gave the king a gift of friendship. (B2U1 古迹) He‘s in rags. （B3U3 百万英镑）They tried to break the law in a peaceful way(1-5 英雄) Our band was formed in an unusual way. (B2U5 音乐) There was one band that started in a different way. (B2U5 音乐)In a way, my programmer is like my coach. (2-3 电脑) In some ways they are different from one another. (B1U2 英语) This will help the wildlife in one way or another. (B2U4 生物) Ask for advice from your teacher. In this way you will become more confident. (B2U2 奥运) That way he got a large part of the software market. (1-5 英雄) in a rude manner（B3U3 百万英镑） On this important feast day, people might eat food in shape of skulls （B3U1 节庆）Charlie Chaplin was born in poverty in 1889 . (B4U3 幽 默)When gold was discovered and thousands of people rushed there in search of it. (B4U3 幽默) n Japan the festival is called Obon, when people should go to clean the graves and light incense in memory of their ancestors. The festival of Halloween had its origin as an event in memory of the dead. Another is Columbus Day in the USA, in memory of the arrival of Christopher Columbus in America. （B3U1 节庆） These farms are thousands of square kilometres in size. （B3U5 加拿大）We watched in shock and amazement as a large sun suddenly disappeared into the hole. (B3U4 天文) There were signs and ads in French （B3U5 加拿大） The earth exploded loudly with fire and rock, which in time to produce the water vapour. (B3U4 天文) talk in whispers （B5U3 未来） In all directions （B5U3 未来） in every way （B5U3 未来） I felt better in no time （立刻） . （B5U3 未来）Hold the bandage in place with tape. -- Your proposal is quite in place-- The chairs are all in place.
（B5U5 急救） In a day or two （B5U5 急救） Be interested in photography （B5U4 新闻） Unplug electric blankets when not in use. /Unplug the electrical appliances after use（B5U5 急救）Make sure all electrical wires are in good condition. –The second-hand car was in good condition (in good repairs)--- The hospital say her condition is improving slowly./ Under what conditions do plants grow best?/They left the flat in a terrible condition there was mess everywhere./The mobile phone can be used in terrible weather conditions /I'll come to the party on the condition that you don't wear those ridiculous trousers! （B5U5 急救）He was in prison for thirty years. (1-5 英雄)
words for food（B5U2-英国）for health reasons （B5U3 未来） Have a nose for a story. （B5U4 新闻） He traveled to Europe to see the great buildings for himself . (B2U1 古迹) We have to speak for ourselves . (B2U4 生物) For a short while(B1U2 英语) Most people only use the dogs for competitions. （B3U5 加拿 大） For health reasons(B1U4 地震) ―Twain‖ is an old word for ―two.‖ （B3U3 百万英镑） When the plants grew into forests, reptiles appeared for the first time. (B3U4 天文) His writing became famous for its description of common people and the way they talked. （B3U3 百万英镑）A good example for me （B4U1 妇女） As a young man, he saw the great need for increasing the rice output. (B4U2 农业) at 7 Cambridge Street（U1B5 科学家）He fed 600 people at one time . （B5U2-英国）The two countries were often at war with each other. （B5U2-英国）Your first job at China Daily will be as a reporter. /He has been offered a job at China Daily. （B5U4 新闻）At about the same time(2-3 电脑) At an altitude of(B1U3 游记) Be at meal, be at work, be at war, be at play, be at dinner(B2U1 古迹)At the edge of the area(B2U4 生物) It seemed that the world was at an end. (B1U4 地震) Twain left school at school at the age of twelve to look for work. （B3U3 百万英镑）At the Spring Festival（ B3U1 节庆）The train arrived
in Montreal at dawn the next morning. （B3U5 加拿大） from my point of view（U1B5 科学家） We often see things from different points of view. （B5U2-英国） from side to side （B5U3 未来） From his point of view(1-5 英雄) He became rich from the many novels and travel journals he wrote. （B3U3 百万英镑）Athletes from all over the world(B2U2 奥运) Fans from all over China(2-3 电脑) Help is given to the pandas from all over the world. (B2U4 生物) From under their stomachs. (B2U4 生物)
A problem with contacting the surface of water （B5U3 未来） He did it with great care . （B5U2-英国） Enter the room without permission . （B5U2-英国）With the aid of a neighbour, she managed to put out the fire. （B5U5 急救） His discussion with his new boss was to strongly influence his life as a reporter. （B5U4 新闻）An interview with an important person （B5U4 新闻） Dr Y uan awoke from his dream with the hope of producing a kind of rice that could feed more people. (B4U2 农业) With the help of(2-3 电 脑)He seems to eat every mouthful with great enjoyment. (B4U3 幽默)
You can‘t go out on your own!（B5U4 新闻） A man ran from the scene ./ I phoned the police and they were on the scene within minutes. （B5U5 急救） Can I go out on a story immediately? （B5U4 新闻） on special occasions （B5U2-英国）It‘s all I have on me. （B3U3 百万英镑）They were on a trip to Canada to visit their cousins （B3U5 加拿大）They visited Britain on a tour. (B2U5 音乐)On purpose(B1U1 朋友) On a magical journey( B2U2 奥运) Doctors will be on call 24 hours a day. (B2U2 奥运) On the football team(2-3 电脑) There are many books on the Internet. (2-3 电脑) Find the song on the Internet (B2U5 音乐) The information on the Internet may not be correct so always check it（B3U5 加拿大）Go round the corner on your left-hand side. (B1U2 英语) Think about the problem on your own. (B2U4 生物) Of course she did not all the work on her own. （B4U1 妇女）The books describe people on the Mississippi. （B3U3 百万 英镑）The water flows into the Niagara River and over the falls on its way to t he sea. （B3U5 加拿大） On this important feast day , people might eat food in shape of skulls, and cakes with ―bones ‖ on them. （B3U1 节庆）There he started reading books on healthy eating. （B3U2 饮食）On the way to the station （B3U5 加拿大） Local Chinese food , on the other hand, is full of fresh vegetables and fresh meat and fish. （B3U2 饮食）
8. 9. 10.
To their great surprise , Zhang Pingyu found the Queen‘s jewels guarded by special royal soldiers to one‘s surprise （U1B5 科学家） To the north of the city(B1U4 地震) I have tired to find scientific answers to them. (B3U4 天文) A visit to the moon (B3U4 天文) the zone nearest France/ the zone nearest to Scotland （ B5U2-英国） under construction（U1B5 科学家） Under repair, under discussion, under research, under consideration, under development(B2U4 生物) Cut the mountains into two halves(B1U3 游记) The amber can be made into any shape . (B2U1 古迹) A trip into the countryside(B1U2 英语) (B1U3 游记) (B1U4 地震) Often he would work by candlelight into the evening. (B1U2 英语) Go past by chance(B2U5 音乐) I have to admit that we won first place by chance．(B2U5 音乐) By the Internet(2-3 电脑) By her bed(B2U4 生物) I‘m hoping to find work. As a matter of fact, I landed in Britain by accident . （B3U3 百万英镑）by lunchtime（ B3U2 饮食） By accident （B5U4 新闻）
12. 13. 14.
English changed over time. (B1U2 英语) The water went all over the floor. (B1U4 地震) Below freezing（ B3U1 节庆） That night, they slept as the train rushed through the night across the top of Lake Superior, through t he great forests and southward towards Toronto. （B3U5 加拿大）Too many young people are getting fat through eating too much fatty food. （B3U2 饮食） During lunch breaks(1-5 英雄) The answers have always seemed well beyond our reach until now. (B3U4 天文) Keep matches out of reach of children. （B5U5 急救）within the reach of the children（ B5U5 急救） Around noon they arrived in Toronto, the most wealthy and biggest city in Canada. （B3U5 加拿大） I was worried about whether I would be out of work . (1-5 英雄) Read page after page of a book(B2U1 古迹) There was story after story of how Lin Qiao zhi, tired after a day‘s work, went late at night to…（B4U1 妇女）She threw the apples one after another. (B2U2 奥运)
15. 16. 17. 18. 19.
20. They are more than amusement parks with rides. （U5B4 乐园） He wanted to be famous more than anything else. (B2U5 音乐) Music is more than just sound. It is a way of thinking. (B2U5 音乐) 21. So basketballs and footballs may be sold along with sneakers and special sports clothing. （U5B4 乐园） 22. We need to be ahead of others. （B5U4 新闻） 23. Say flat instead of apartment in Britain. (B1U2 英语) Sand now filled the wells instead of water. (B1U4 地震) She persuaded us to cycle to work instead of taking the bus. (B1U3 游记) Instead of flying softly to earth I began to fall faster. (2-3 电脑) 24. The information must be facts rather than opinions(B2U1 古迹) She even began to enjoy eating all the vegetables raw rather than cooked. （B3U2 饮食）They served raw vegetables with the hamburgers and boiled the potatoes rather than fried them（B3U2 饮食）Rather than take the aeroplane all the way, they decided to fly from China to V ancouver, and …（ B3U5 加拿大）Indeed, he believes that a person with too much money has more, rather than fewer troubles. (B4U2 农业) Organic farming also refers to crops growing with natural rather than chemical fertilizers. (B4U2 农业) 25. They played jokes on each other as well as played music. (B2U5 音乐) A gym as well as seats(B2U2 奥运) A huge park will be planned as well. (B2U2 奥运) He told her she could be thinner as well as healthy. （B3U2 饮食） He told her she could be thinner as well as healthy if she ate more vegetables like beans. （B3U2 饮食） They often provide salads as well as burgers and chips. （B3U2 饮食） She felt very fit when she started eating more body-building foods as well as her usual energy–giving foods. （B3U2 饮食）Amphibians were able to live on and as well as in the sea. (B3U4 天文) As you go eastward, you will pass thousands of lakes, forests and wide rivers as well as cities. （B3U5 加拿大） 26. Mammals produced their young from within their bodies. (B3U4 天文) Cowboys come from all over North America to compete in riding wild horses. （B3U5 加拿大） It is 5500 kilometres from coast to coast. （B3U5
加拿大）They moved from one place to another. (B1U2 英语) 27. Thanks to his research, the UN is trying to rid the world of hunger. (B4U2 农业) 28. Because of her hard work the grain output was greatly increased. (B4U2 农业) She was able to travel far because of the flying chair. (B2U4 生物) They speak English because of foreign rule. (B1U2 英语) 29. Next to(B2U1 古迹) They should also grow different plants next to each other in the field. (B4U2 农业) 30. It‘s too bad you can‘t go as far as Ottawa, Canada‘s capital. （B3U5 加拿大）
1. a quiet man（B3U5 加拿大）Further reading（ B4U1 妇女）the latest, cool clothes （B3U2 饮食）feel fit （B3U2 饮食） A fragile head(2-3 电脑) A good environment(B2U4 生物) A powerless drug(B2U4 生物) Wooden boxes(B2U1 古迹) wooden houses (B4U3 幽默) Sweetest memories(B2U1 古迹) A Chinese saying(B2U2 奥运) Everyday English conversation(B2U5 音乐) lucky money in the red paper（B3U1 节庆） the round opening（ B5U3 未来） A thorough cleaning （B5U4 新闻）severe injuries/ Seventeen-year-old teenager （B5U5 急救） And our galaxy in a universe that is infinite and expanding (B3U4 天文)Do you think the bank–note is genuine ? （B3U3 百万英镑）You have got a job open that I want. （B3U3 百万英 镑） The average winter temperature in Nunavut is –35 degrees. （B3U5 加拿大） The man had a plan ready. （B3U3 百万英镑）It is a rare Ming Dynasty vase. (B2U1 古迹) A rare new species of dinosaur (B2U4 生 物) You are not alone . (B4U3 幽默) He became famous for using a particular form of acting. (B4U3 幽默) In recent decades （U5B4 乐园）up-to-date information（ U5B4 乐园）, hands-on learning（ U5B4 乐园） your first trip（B5U3 未来）For the first few days（B5U3 未来）He had to be accurate . （B5U4 新闻）It looked splendid when first built! （B5U2-英国）The celebration is particular. （B5U2-英国） 2. Perhaps it makes us feel more content with our life because we feel there is someone else worse off than ourselves. (B4U3 幽默) Not content with such a strange dinner, he went into the garden and started to eat a particular flower of mine. (B4U3 幽默) Elizabeth was not content with her easy life and her growing family. （B4U1 妇女） Some festivals are held to honour the dead, or satisfy and please the ancestors （B3U1 节庆） But the evening makes it all worthwhile . （B4U1 妇女）Make your trip to United Kingdom worthwhile ! （B5U2-英国） Soong Chingling was one of the top leaders in modern Chinese history. （B4U1 妇女） Then it is difficult for them to get top prices on the world markets.‖ (B4U3 幽默) Free computer training(2-3 电脑) free education(2-3 电脑) The equipment comes free with every house. （B5U3 未来）free beer （U1B5 科学家）Green food is free of chemical fertilizers. (B4U2 农业) The moon gave far too much light. (B1U1 朋友) Too much hunting(B2U4 生物) The cousins were invited to have dinner in downtown Chinatown . （B3U5 加拿大） mild sunburn—He‘s a mildest man．I smoke only mild cigars ．a mild medicine /mild punishments （B5U5 急救） 10. I was carried up to the top of a high building nearby. （B5U3 未来）/a small room nearby（B5U3 未来） 11. fast asleep（B5U3 未来） 12. I wish you well on your journey. (B1U3 游记) 13. It is better to be safe than sorry. (B1U4 地震) 14. He is her dearest one that ever was. （B3U3 百万英镑）It was the biggest work of amber art ever made . (B2U1 古迹) 15.
3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. the time available （B5U3 未来）the available land（ B5U3 未来） People are grateful because their food is gathered for the winter （B3U1 节庆） It allowed the earth to dissolve harmful gases into oceans and seas. (B3U4 天文) the sun's harmful rays （B5U5 急救） The most energetic and important festivals （ B2U1 节庆）a cloud of energetic dust (B3U4 天文) electric shock--electrical engineer, electrical equipment/goods/devices/wires/Unplug the electrical appliances after use --an electric kettle-electric light, electric stove/（B5U5 急救） Easter is an important religious and social festival in Christian countries. （B3U1 节庆） poisonous materials （B5U5 急救） Previous experience（B5U3 未来） Artificial intelligence(2-3 电脑) Electronic brain(2-3 电脑) Scientific research（U1B5 科学家）The dead (B1U4 地震) agricultural college (B4U2 农业) /a professional photographer （B5U4 新闻）International relations （ B5U2- 英国） industrial cities （ B5U2- 英国） A technological revolution(2-3 电脑 ) Physical exercise(B2U2 奥运) The park‘s purpose is to involve visitors in physical exercise and athletic competition . （U5B4 乐园） Mus ical ability(B2U5 音乐) Classical music (B2U5 音乐) historical attractions （B5U2-英国） historical treasure（ B5U2-英国）/ It was unusual for a woman to live in the forest. （B4U1 妇女）The skin 7. is an essential part of your body. （B5U5 急救） have a healthier diet （ B3U5 加拿大） Healthy food(B2U1 古迹) He was amazed to find one needed three main kinds of foods to stay healthy. （B3U2 饮食）Make sure it is not slippery/ slippery soap. （B5U5 急救） Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. (B2U2 奥运) Last month I was lucky enough to have a chance to make a trip into space (B3U4 天文) There are not enough words in the biggest dictionary to describe it. （B3U3 百万英镑） early settlers （U5B4 乐园）a deadly disease（ U1B5 科学家） A yearly celebration（ B5U3 未来）Lively musicians(B2U5 音乐) Jane spent many years observing and recording chimps ‘ daily activities. （B4U1 妇 女）She was the most lovely of the daughters. （B3U1 节庆）They spent the afternoon in the lovely s hops （B3U5 加拿大）What a lovely autumn day！ (B1U2 英语) He felt very lonely. (B2U5 音乐)
1. 2. A sporting robot(2-3 电脑) parking lots （B3U1 节庆） The starting place(2-3 电脑) neighboring town(B1U2 英语) an experienced reporter （B5U4 新闻） A colored page/ Write with no wasted words （B5U4 新闻）, a well-known doctor（U1B5 科学家） , an unknown flower（U1B5 科学家） the detailed facts/ A witness gave a detailed description of the man. （B5U4 新闻 A well-provided kitchen（B5U2-英国）A well-furnished house, well-known, well organized（ B5U3 未来） A well-paid job (B4U3 幽默) His charming character The Little Tramp is well known throughout the world. (B4U3 幽默) Well designed buildings(B2U1 古迹) The house is well repaired. (B1U4 地震) I was better educated. (1-5 英雄) Applied physics(1-5 英雄)A spoilt child(2-3 电脑) Endangered wildlife(B2U4 生物) an unexpected disaster. (B1U4 地震) advanced computer 3. 4. 5. techniques （U5B4 乐园）technology-based theme parks （U5B4 乐园） the missing part of the story（B5U4 新闻）It is now missing. (B2U1 古迹) 地震) A sad Chinese story about lost love. （B3U1 节庆） room was gone . （B5U2-英国） Than expected（B5U5 急救）
All hope was not lost. (B1U4
San Francisco was gone. (B1U4 地震) Two minutes later, everything was gone . (B2U4 生物) The old reading
Whatever the farmers grow they make sure that what is left in the ground after harvesting becomes a natural fertilizer for the next year ‘s crops. (B4U2 农业)/His eyes stare at what is left of the brother ‘s dinner on the table （ B3U3 百万英镑） /Nothing is left of the city. (B1U4 地震) /There are only 70000 antelopes left. (B2U4 生物) a balanced diet（B3U2 饮食）
7. 8. 9.
Indeed, his sunburnt face and arms and his slim, strong body are jut like those of millions of other Chinese farmers. (B4U2 农业) He was given a special Oscar for his lifetime outstanding work. (B4U3 幽默) Be hidden(B2U1 古迹) Li Fang was heart-broken. （B3U1 节庆）
10. Our image of the universe today is full of strange sounding ideas, and remarkable truths. (B3U4 天文) They went through a wheat-growing province （B3U5 加拿大）It is time-consuming. (B2U1 古迹) 11. English speaking world(B1U2 英语) 12. Well done! (B2U4 生物)
第三节 与 be 动词连用的形容词
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Cambodia is in many ways similar to Laos. (B1U3 游记) be ready for some visits（B5U3 未来） It was ready for the people to celebrate the 300th birthday of the city. (B2U1 古迹) Be ready to(B1U1 朋友) They are is very familiar with our galaxy / be familiar to sb. （B5U3 未来） Be familiar to me(B1U3 游记) a kettle full of water（B5U5 急救） She felt very proud of her country. （B5U2-英国）I‘m proud of what I did. （B5U5 急救） Be proud of(B1U4 地震) Festivals let us be proud of our customs and forget our daily life for a little while. （B3U1 节庆） Be strict with sb/ be strict in the work （U1B5 科学家） Be enthusiastic about something（U1B5 科学家） He is very eager to assist you. （B5U4 新闻） When do you think is convenient for you? （B5U4 新闻）
6. 7. 8. 9.
10. Earthquakes are very difficult to predict . (B1U4 地震) Water and food was hard to get. (B1U4 地震)The air is hard to breathe (B1U3 游记)It is difficult to prove. (B2U1 古迹)The amber room was not easy to make. (B2U1 古迹) 11. The tents were easy to move so the people could follow the animals. （B3U5 加拿大） 12. I am crazy about everything to do with nature. (B1U1 朋友) They were very serious about their work. (B2U5 音乐) He was very confident about his singing. (B2U5 音乐) 13. After reading, he realised what was wrong with her restaurant. （B3U2 饮食） 14. He was very popular at public readings. （B3U3 百万英镑） I am expert at high flying exercises. (2-3 电脑) 15. He is active in school activities. (1-5 英雄) 16. They were all thankful for the delicious food, and that spring was coming soon. （B3U1 节庆） 17. Be honest with yourself. (B2U5 音乐) Be careful with your money. (B2U1 古迹) 18. His friends are dear to him. (B2U1 古迹) A fathom is equal to six feet. （B3U3 百万英镑） Be grateful to (B1U1 朋友) He is very grateful to you for the help(B2U5 音乐) People were unkind to him. (B4U3 幽默) Some objects in the home are the most likely to hurt us. (B1U4 地震) Are you willing to do public services without pay? (1-5 英雄)He was willing to continue to fight. (1-5 英雄) He was lucky enough to be chosen to repair the Hubble space telescope. (B3U4 天文) When the parachute was about to open there was a shout from the people. (2-3 电脑) You‘re about to hear the most incredible tale （ B3U3 百万英镑） Be sure to give
an example(B2U1 古迹) If you come, you must be prepared to keep moving, as it is too cold to stand and watch for long. （B3U1 节庆）You are a producer of green food---that is to say your food is certain to be healthy. (B4U2 农业) 19. It is worth spending the money. (B2U1 古迹) All the exercise and training was worth it . (B2U2 奥运) A tour of the place is well worth your time .(B1U3 游记)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. He came to school very upset. (B1U1 朋友)
Your dream will come true. (B2U5 音乐) Something would come true. (B2U5 音乐) The dream had finally come true. (B1U3 游记) He fits his new software free in every computer. (1-5 英雄) Let your imagination run wild(2-3 电脑) Then things went wrong. (B2U5 音乐) My mouth went dry and I closed my eyes. (B3U4 天文) The fruit goes bad easily. (B1U4 地震) I grew crazy. (B1U1 朋友) Stay awake(B1U1 朋友) (B1U3 游记) Languages do not always stay the same. (B1U2 英语) Our legs felt heavy. (B1U3 游记) It feels as hard as a stone. (B2U1 古迹)It felt strange. (B2U5 音乐) It sounds very simple. (2-3 电脑)Fall ill(2-3 电脑) Many more things(2-3 电脑) even more popular(B2U5 音乐) You can’t meet a better man than Bill Gates. (1-5 英雄)
一、单个副词 1. 2. Our area needs jobs badly. （B3U2 饮食） It is so wet there that the trees are extremely tall. （ B3U5 加拿大）extraordinarily different（B5U3 未来） thoroughly exhausted （B5U3 未来） Mildly painful/ Extremely painful （ B5U5 急救） Technically good （B5U4 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 新闻）Nobody before has fully understood chimp behaviour. （B4U1 妇女） The population of Canada is only slightly over thirty million. （B3U5 加拿大） In exactly an hour and a half. （B3U3 百万英镑） From the dictionary you will know how to use the word properly. (B2U4 生物) It died out more recently.(B2U4 生物) Gradually the weight lessened and I was able to talk to him. (B3U4 天文) They had truly become stars. (B2U5 音乐) I have truly been built to serve people. (2-3 电脑) chances to get close to life-size cartoon figures. （U5B4 乐园）The competition centres will be placed close to each other. (B2U2 奥运)When the bike gets too close to something it rings the bell. (2-3 电脑)I landed close to the finishing line. (2-3 电脑) People who are not close enough to each other(2-3 电脑) Then English became closer to the language you are learning now. (B1U2 英语) This city is close to the centre of the country. （B3U5 加拿大） Old Montreal is close to the water. （B3U5 加拿大） Go right ahead. （B3U3 百 万英镑）And make the steak it extra thick. （B3U3 百万英镑） 10. The spaceship moved sideways from the ―black hole. (B3U4 天文) The competition was on! （B3U2 饮食） If you don‘t catch the ball, you are out.(B2U2 奥运) The programme was over. (B2U5 音乐) Then we were off. (B3U4 天文) The pictures above (2-3 电脑) 11. It is one of the best April Fool‘s jokes ever! (B4U3 幽默)This was the best meals he had ever had. (B4U3 幽
默) 12. They looked at you a little strangely. (B1U2 英语) 二、副词词组 1. On the coast north of Vancouver （B3U5 加拿大） It is in the farthest northeastern area of Canada, north of the Arctic Circle（ B3U5 加拿大）The celebration happens in Britain and nowhere else. （B5U2-英国）It‘s dark in the day because we are so far north. （B3U5 加拿大） Some humour can be cruel but some people seem to enjoy seeing other people‘s bad luck at times . (B4U3 幽 默) He used to walk to his rice fields twice a day. (B4U2 农业) The other day(B2U5 音乐) Until then everyone had thought chimps ate only fruit and nuts. （B4U1 妇女） The first time each year farmers should dig deeply, but the second time it should be less deep. (B4U2 农业) Instead, organic farmers insist on changing crops every three years . (B4U2 农业) Every four years(B2U2 奥运) Less than two hours(B2U1 古 迹) right away(B1U4 地震) Right away he showed an interest in mathematics. (1-5 英雄) Not long ago(B2U1 古迹) Not long ago a new species was discovered. (B2U4 生物) Not long ago there was a girl called Daisy. (B2U4 生物) Birds sing cheerfully in the forest, calling out the names from long ago. (B1U3 游 记) In three years they may all be gone. (B2U4 生物) Use the computer every day. (2-3 电脑) Watson tried a third time . (B4U3 幽默) 3. 4. 5. 6. Our team got second place. (2-3 电脑) The largest English dictionary is Oxford English Dictionary, or OED for short. (B1U2 英语) No one knows for certain how the islanders transported the statue. (B2U1 古迹) Nobody knows for sure . (B2U4 生物) A year or so(B2U5 音乐) Sooner or later(B2U5 音乐) The next morning I‘d just about given myself up for lost when I was spotted by a ship. （B3U3 百万英镑）
1. meet face to face with a dinosaur （U5B4 乐园） 7. In many ways, he is one of the farmers. (B4U2 农业) 8. 9. He had walked all the way! （B3U3 百万英镑） However, using chemical fertilizers is a big problem. Firstly, leaving chemicals in the ground for a long time is not good for the soil or the water supply. Secondly, farmers often grow the same crop year after year. (B4U2 农业)
10. Above all(B2U5 音乐) 11. over and over again（B5U5 急救） 12. They went to bed as usual that night. (B1U4 地震) Everything was going as usual. (B1U4 地震) 13. If others follow him, so much the better. (B2U1 古迹) 三、逗号副词 14. John Snow had shown that cholera was spread by germs and not in a cloud of gas. In addition, he found two other deaths in another part of London （U1B5 科学家） 15. As a result, I suffered from ―time lag‖ （B5U3 未来） /The animals have enemies that kill and eat them. As a result, many of them have died out. (B2U4 生物)/The number of the deer in Britain increased year by year. As a result , Britain was able to help China. (B2U4 生物)/As a result of the terrorists ‘ attack, tourism has been greatly affected．(B2U5 音乐) Farmers often grow the same crop year after year. As a result, the soil gets exhausted. (B4U2 农业) 16. Meanwhile you have to prepare the next question depending on what the person says./Carl's starting college in September. Meanwhile , he's traveling around Europe. （B5U4 新闻） 17. We can keep it because the search costs us a lot of money. Besides, any person who finds something can keep it. (B2U1 古迹) 18. He has a big heart. In other words, he is very kind. (B2U1 古迹)
19. I can make up new moves. After all, intelligence is what I am all about. (2-3 电脑) 20. I didn‘t know they were talking about. Anyway, let‘s go back to my history. (2-3 电脑) Two notes in this amount have been issued by the Bank of England this year. Any way, it can‘t be fake. （B3U3 百万英镑） 21. I am as big as a human. In fact, I look like one, too. (2-3 电脑) As a matter of fact(1-5 英雄) As a matter of fact, every country wants to host the Games. (B2U2 奥运) 22. According to me, it is necessary. (B1U1 朋友) 23. Personally, I think the other team cheated. (2-3 电脑) 24. As for the bill, sir, please forget it. （B3U3 百万英镑） 25. Well, to be honest, I have none. （B3U3 百万英镑） 26. For one thing, a journal isn‘t as personal as a diary. For another, it has a different purpose. (B1U3 游记)
一、 With+宾语 +宾补 1. 2. 3. The city has wide streets with trees in rows . (B1U3 游记) On this important feast day, people might eat cakes with “bones ” on them. （B3U1 节庆） We went to see the temple with floors made of silver. (B1U3 游记) Have you ever dreamed of being in front of thousands of people, with everyone clapping? (B2U5 音乐) She turned round and there was an antelope with a sad face looking at her. (B2U4 生物) The reporter showed many noodle trees with the farmers pulling noodles off them and putting them into baskets. (B4U3 幽默) 二、 Leave＋宾语＋宾语补足语句式 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. They are left in peace with no hunting(B2U4 生物) Animals should be left in gardens. (B2U2 奥运) Many children were left without parents. (B1U4 地震) This means going back to a place where we left the chimp family sleeping in a tree the night before. （B4U1 妇女） She has argued for them to be left in the wild and not used for entertainment or advertisements. （B4U1 妇 女） I left plenty of water boiling on the fire so you can make a cup of tea. (B4U3 幽默) Leaving chemicals in the ground for a long time is not good for the water supply. (B4U2 农业) He placed a fixed sun at the centre of the solar system with all the planets going round it. （U1B5 科学家） Never leave a child alone in the bathroom.-- His sharp words left me feeling bad./ I left my book in your
home. Leave the door open when you go out. His illness left him very weak. （B5U5 急救） 10. She had had the water delivered from the pump to her house every day. （U1B5 科学家） 三、动词＋宾语＋过去分词补足语 1. Now when people refer to England you find Wales included as well. /To their surprise, the three countries found themselves united peacefully instead of by war. /You find most of the population settled in the South Towards nightfall I found myself carried out to sea by a strong wind. （B3U3 百万英镑）I don‘t want to upset you but I found your menu so limited that I stopped worrying and started advertising the benefits of my food. （B3U2 饮食） We now find ourselves moving around an average-sized sun (B3U4 天文) If you find someone smuggling cultural relics, what can you do ？ (B2U1 古迹 ) He found Alice sitting in the corner(B2U5 音乐) 2. Do you find it funny to see someone sliding on a banana skin? (B4U3 幽默) The man saw some Germans taking apart the room. (B2U1 古迹) Suddenly he saw his friend Li Maochang hurrying by. （B3U2 饮食） One evening he saw a huge comet explode as it hit the moon. (B3U4 天文) She saw many poor people living
near and she wanted to help then. （B4U1 妇女） 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. She actually observed chimps as a group hunting a monkey and then eating it. （B4U1 妇女） Watching a family of chimps wake up is our first activity of the day. （B4U1 妇女） When we get closer to the moon, we shall feel its gravity pulling us. (B3U4 天文) He heard Big Ben ringing out the hour. （B5U2-英国）On his way home, he heard a voice calling him. （B3U1 节庆）I often hear my grandfather talk about cultural relics. (B2U1 古迹) They were going to get Ireland connected/find the shop closed/have the films developed/ He had a photo taken standing on either side of the line. The Queen had the room moved outside the city. (B2U1 古迹)
1. The fish is about the size of a house. (B1U2 英语) Then I was the size of a large room. (2-3 电脑) The did patient research with the trees to produce noodles of exactly the same length.‖ (B4U3 幽默) The noodles were always the same size (B4U3 幽默) It is the size of a little cat. Vietnam has almost seven times the population of Cambodia. (B1U3 游记) Canada has one-third of the world ’s fresh water, and much of it is in the five Great Lakes. （B3U5 加拿大） 2. The gravity of the moon is not as strong a pull as the earth's. (B3U4 天文) I t is just as much a competition to host the Games as to win an Olympic medal. (B2 U2 奥运) The bank-note was worth millions of dollars, but not worth one-tenth as much as how Henry felt about Portia . （B3U3 百万英镑）When I tried to step forward I found I was carried twice as far as on the earth and fell over. (B3U4 天文) Everyone will get twice as much space as in flats on land（ B5U3 未来） Leaving the moon's gravity was not as painful as leaving the earth's. (B3U4 天文) Clearly it was as bad to be thin as to be fat. （B3U2 饮食）I stay as far away from polar bears as possible. （B3U5 加拿大） 3. 4. 5. There is more fresh water in Canada than in any other country in the world. （B3U5 加拿大） This special strain of rice makes it possible to produce one-third more of the crop in the same fields. (B4U2 农业) It has twice the population. (B1U3 游记) Us ing his hybrid rice farmers are producing harvests twice as large as before. (B4U2 农业) The population grew too large for the available land （ B5U3 未来） Many of the cities 6. in Britain are not as large as those in China（比较对象） （ B5U2-英国） I think it‘s too far north here for holiday（ B3U5 加拿大）The earth may become too hot for the lives on it. (B3U4 天文) We are too far from the earth now to feel its pull, so we feel as if there is no gravity at all. (B3U4 天文) Many of our young people will be only too happy to work for it. （B3U2 饮食）It is too high a price to pay. (B2U4 生物) The earth got too hot to live on(B2U4 生物) The pigs were too nervous to eat. (B1U4 地震) 7.
第三节 it/there 结构
一、 强调结构 1. It was my sister who had the idea to cycle along the river. (B1U3 游记) It was John‘s quick action and knowledge of first aid that saved Ms Slade‘s life. （B5U5 急救）It was the ship that bought you to England. （B3U3 百万英镑）It was hard work and determination as well as her good nature that had got her into medical school. It was not her success at university that has made her famous. （B4U1 妇女） 2. 3. It is because I haven‘t been outdoors for so long that I‘ve grown so crazy. (B1U1 朋友) It was only when everyone began to attack the dirty conditions that the disease was defeated. （U1B5 科学
家）It is only when we understand English that we can have a conversation with Americans. (B1U4 地震) 二、 it 的用法 1. It is said that this university is a center of culture in this town. (B1U2 英语) It has been decided that those who do not do their homework will have to return to school on Saturday. (2-3 电脑) It is hoped that one day it will be returned to nature. (B2U4 生物) It occurred to me that he has grown up. (B2U5 音乐) It struck me how difficult it must have been for a woman to get a medical training so long ago （B4U1 妇女）It seemed that Lin Qiao zhi had been very busy in her chosen career. （B4U1 妇女） It seemed strange that the man who had developed communism should have lived in London. （It 主语从句） （B5U2-英国）It astonished me that he was able to separate the bottom of the shoe from the upper part. (B4U3 幽默) It happened that this flower was a new species (B4U3 幽默) It goes without saying that failure is the mother of success. (B4U3 幽默) 2. It is not surprising that native speakers don‘t know grammar very well. (B1U2 英语) It is not surprising that the panda sign of the WWF has been world famous. (B2U4 生物) It was obvious that the manager of the coffee shop was waiting for Li Fang to leave（B3U1 节庆）It is well-known that many Americans like to eat a lot. （B3U3 百万英镑） 3. 4. It was not clear whether the solid shape was to last or not. (B3U4 天文) It doesn‘t matter what English you learn. (B1U2 英语) In European countries it is the custom to decorate churches and town halls with flowers and fruit. It has always been the custom for people to have festivals. （B3U1 节庆） It was still not too late to fill in the forms for the university entrance exam…（B4U1 妇女） It would be wrong of me not trust a gentleman such as yourself. （B3U3 百万英镑） Well, that‘s very kind of you. （B3U3 百万英镑）It‘s for us to thank you. （B3U3 百万英镑） There is no doubt that it was moved to Germany. (B2U1 古迹) There is no need for a camera! （B5U4 新 闻）There is no need to debate （B5U2-英国） There is no doubt that John‘s quick thinking saved Ms Slade‘s life. （B5U5 急救） What‘s there to wait for? （B3U3 百万英镑）
一 . The way 句式 1. You will hear the difference in the way people speak. (B1U2 英语) 2. Listen carefully to the way the boy is talking. (B1U2 英语) 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. I don‘t understand the way that the word is used. (B1U2 英语) The room was completed the way she wanted it. (B2U1 古迹) The computer will change the way we do things(2-3 电脑) I decide to change the way I work. (2-3 电脑) They have built a PC the way we wanted. (2-3 电脑) They could tell this from the way the bones were joined together. (B2U4 生物) Her work changed the way people think about chimps. （B4U1 妇女）
10. Why is the universe the way it is? (B3U4 天文) 二 . Time 句型 1. 2. 3. 4. There was a time when a deep sky couldn‘t keep me spellbound. (B1U1 朋友) There were times when my size was totally changed. (2-3 电脑) This was a time when one had got to have a passbook. (1-5 英雄) This was the time when drought hit the area. (1-5 英雄)
5. 6. 7. 8. 9.
This was a time when two countries were at war. (B2U1 古迹) It is usually a time when children make fun of each other but sometimes other people can get caught in the fun too. (B4U3 幽默) I felt bad the first time I talked to him(1-5 英雄) It was the first time that I had seen the night face to face. (B1U1 朋友) There are other times when giving first aid will save one‘s life. They held parties to remember a time when people were not tolerant of each other ‘s ideas as now. （B5U2-英国） He liked the Milu deer so much that he took it to Britain. (B2U4 生物) There are so many of the Milu deer that a new park has been opened for them. (B2U4 生物) She was so angry that she decided not to get married. (B2U2 奥运)My memory became so large that I couldn‘t believe it. (2-3 电脑)The chair flew away so fast that he couldn‘t see it. (B2U4 生物)I was so excited that could hardly speak to him(B2U5 音乐)It was so quiet in the mountains that there was almost no wind. (B1U3 游记)
三． So…that… 1. 2.
Their balanced menus became such a success that before long Wang Pengwei became slimmer and Yong Hui heavier. （B3U2 饮食） 四．What/ that 句式 1. What interested her most was the longitude line. （ what 主语从句） （B5U2-英国）I got lost when we reached what looked like a large market because of the people flying by in all directions. / After what seemed a long time, he turned up again. （B5U3 未来）They told us what it was like to live there. （B5U4 新闻） They write about their travels in what is called a travel journal. (B1U3 游记)I live in what you call Ancient Greece. (B2U2 奥运) 2. Always keep a first aid kit home just in case there is an accident.-- I don't think I'll need any money but I'll bring some just in case./Bring a map in case you get lost./ In case.of.Emergency（B5U5 急救） 3. He made a bet that he would be able to walk to the foot of a mountain by nightfall. （B3U3 百万英镑）The idea that they would cross the whole continent was exciting. （B3U5 加拿大）The idea that you can cross Canada in less than five days is just wrong. （B3U5 加拿大） The fact that ocean ships can go there surprises many people. （B3U5 加拿大） 4. The problem was that the earth became violent. (B3U4 天文) 5. The good news is that great attention is being paid to wildlife protection. (B2U4 生物) 6. What scientists think is that the earth was different because of the arrival of small plants growing in the water on its surface. (B3U4 天文) What it was to become was a mystery (B3U4 天文) The pull of the earth is what we call gravity. (B3U4 天文) 7. Well, why don‘t you explain what this is all about ? （B3U3 百万英镑）Intelligence is what I am all about. (2-3 电脑) This is what wildlife protection is about. (B2U4 生物) 8. 五．As if 句式 1. The competitors speed down the track and through the air as though they could fly. （B3U1 节庆）The country is covered with cherry tree flowers so that it looks as though it might be covered with pink snow. （B3U1 节庆）When Elizabeth, married Josep, it seemed as if her life would be comfortable and peaceful. （B4U1 妇女）He picks out the laces and eats them as if they were spaghetti. (B4U3 幽默) He makes it seem as if it were one of the best meals he was ever had! (B4U3 幽默)People didn‘t know him but talked as if they were friends. (B2U5 音乐) 2. We feel as if there is no gravity at all. (B3U4 天文) He shouts as if he has discovered something for the first time（ B3U3 百万英镑） He cuts off the leather top of the shoe, treating it as if they were the finest meat. (B4U3 幽默) All this time the dog sat and ate my flower looking as if he was enjoying it very much. (B4U3 幽
默) My head ached. The air seemed thin as though its combination of gases had little oxygen left. 3. The chairs rose from under the floor as if by magic. （B5U3 未来）He would meet him on the road as if by accident. （B3U3 百万英镑） 六、定语从句 1. In Japan the festival is called Obon, when people should go to clean the graves and light incense in memory of their ancestors. （B3U1 节庆） It is now a children‘s festival, when they can go to their neighbours ‘ homes and ask for sweets. （B3U1 节庆）In China and Japan there are mid-autumn festivals, when people admire the moon and give gift of mooncakes. （B3U1 节庆） One of the favourite events is the dog-sled race, in which teams of about 6 Husky dogs pull long sleds at great speeds along a snowy track. （B3U1 节庆） Late in the evening, you can go to the snow palace, where Bonhomme the snowman is king, （B3U1 节庆） Have you ever had a case where somebody accused your reporters of getting the wrong end of the stick? /case, stage, point, occasion, situation where/The prices reached a point where they didn't make sense. （B5U4 新闻） He marked on a map where all the dead people had lived. （U1B5 科学家）/ The skin is where you feel cold, heat or pain. （B5U5 急救） 4. One of these is the Dragon Boat Festival in China, which honours the famous ancient poet, Qu Y uan. （B3U1 节庆） There are very exciting carnivals, which take place forty days before Easter, （B3U1 节庆） Five or six men paddle in each canoe across the great St Lawrence River, which is partly frozen. （B3U1 节庆） Those who report the news were expected to speak excellent English. (B1U2 英语)Those who ruled England at that time spoke French. (B1U2 英语) The park was built to honor those who helped the survivors. (B1U4 地震) Those who do well in the Olympics can win medals. (B2U2 奥运) There are seats for those who watch the games(B2U2 奥运) You can dance outside to the music of a band, who are all dressed in heavy clothes （B3U1 节庆）
1. This is how the earth began to show its special qualities (B3U4 天文). The sun shines all night in the north then. That’s why it‘s called ?The Land Of the Midnight Sun‘. （B3U5 加拿大）There are events like ice skating. That is why they are called the Winter Olympics(B2U2 奥运) This is why I am writing to you. (2-3 电脑) I don‘t wish to share my secret thoughts with others. That’s why I thought my diary a good friend of mine. (B1U1 朋友) I trust that you‘ll come here whenever you like. （B3U3 百万英镑） You must come whenever you want and have whatever you like. （B3U3 百万英镑） All crops are organic no matter how they are produced. (B4U2 农业) Whatever they grow they make sure that what is left in the ground after harvesting becomes a natural fertilizer for the next year ‘s crop. (B4U2 农业) No matter what happens, we will pay more attention to wildlife protection from now on. (B2U4 生物) While a diary writer tries to record how he feels, a journal writer record what he sees on a journey. (B1U3 游 记)Other musicians sing the songs for the programme while the band pretend to sing them.(B2U5 音乐) Walking does need a bit of practice now that gravity has changed. (B3U4 天文) He knew it would never be controlled until its cause was found. （U1B5 科学家） Immediately 作连词（U1B5 科学家） They don‘t believe it even though they are given a lot of evidence(B2U1 古迹) They understand each other even if they don‘t speak the same kind of English. (B1U2 英语) They didn‘t want to protect us even though tourists love to see us. (B2U4 生物) 8. 9. As time went by, I realize my idea was totally wrong(2-3 电脑) As the years have gone by, I was made smaller and smaller. (2-3 电脑) As time went by they covered the earth. (B3U4 天文) They must leave Britain before it was too painful for them. (B2U5 音乐) Before the Nazis could get to the Palace, the Russians were only able to remove the furniture. (B2U1 古迹)
3. 4. 5. 6. 7.
10. As Dr Yuan proves, one dream is not always enough. (B4U2 农业) 11. He wants everyone to call him a farmer, for that‘s how he regards himself. (B4U2 农业) 八、并列连词结构 The past is not only for us to enjoy but also for the children of the future. (B2U1 古迹) Some theme parks are not only amusing but also educational. The Polynesian Cultural Centre not only shows visitors the Polynesian way of life but also protects their skills and culture for future. The big companies expect to make a profit not just by charging admission, but also by charging money for the rides and shows in the park. （U5B4 乐园） Those countries speak English either because of foreign rule or because of its special role as an international language.(B1U2 英语) We were put in a position in which we had either to accept the fact or fight the government. (1-5 英雄) Most of the time, chimps either feed or clean each other as a way of showing love in their family. （B4U1 妇女） They could either let the animals eat the weeds or turn the soil over so that the weeds were covered and would rot. (B4U2 农业) They thought the ancestors could return either to help or to do harm. （B3U1 节庆） Neither of them was providing a balanced diet. （B3U2 饮食） Neither your restaurant nor mine offers a balanced diet. （B3U2 饮食） 九、从句省略 It easily melts when heated. (B2U1 古迹) The word, when spoken, can have two meanings. (B4U3 幽默) The skin turns white when pressed /While ironing the clothes, he accidentally touched the iron. （B5U5 急救）
6. 7. 8. 9. Jiuquxi, a river in the shape of a snake, is green and clear. (B1U3 游记) He won first prize, a gold medal for the long jump. (B2U2 奥运) Here is the story about the dodo, an animal that has disappeared from the earth. (B2U4 生物) Milu deer, a species with large horns, used to be common in China. (B2U4 生物)
10. In India there is a national festival on October 2 to honour Mahatma Gandhi, the leader who helped gain India‘s independence from Britain. （B3U1 节庆） 11. Her name was Zhinu, the weaving girl（ B3U1 节庆） 12. Niulang tried to follow her, but the river of stars, the Milky Way, stopped him. （B3U1 节庆） 13. They saw the covered stadium, home of several famous basketball teams. （B3U5 加拿大） 14. A few minutes later they arrived in Iqaluid, a town with a population of 6000（B3U5 加拿大） 15. The friendliest creatures are the mu-mu, a family from s special group of stars. 16. You can do all this in one day at Futuroscope, a theme park in France that uses the most advanced technology （U5B4 乐园）
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Never before in history has a city been so completely destroyed. (B1U4 地震) Never in the city‘s history were people so kind. (B1U4 地震) Only then did we decide to answer violence with violence(1-5 英雄) I think it should not be returned. Nor do I think it should be given to the government(B2U1 古迹) No other country could join in, nor could slaves . (B2U2 奥运) Only after her mother came to help her for the first few months was she allowed to begin her project. （B4U1 妇女）
1. Never will Zhou Yang forget his first assignment at the office of the China Daily. （B5U4 新闻）
2. Only when you have seen what he or she does, can you cover a story by yourself. （B5U4 新闻） 3. Not only am I interested in photography, but I took a course at university, （B5U4 新闻） 4. Only if you ask many different questions, will you acquire all the information you need to know. （B5U4 新 闻） 7. Here comes my list of ―dos‖ and ―don‘ts‖. （B5U4 新闻）
8. McDonald‘s provides food that is of high quality, safe and healthy. （B3U2 饮食） The fried rice tastes of fat. （B3U2 饮食）The design was of the fancy style. (B2U1 古迹) Mu-mu is of a larger size yet he talks in whispers. （B5U3 未来）It is actually of special interest to me. （B5U4 新闻） 9. The spelling of English is more of a problem in the days before a dictionary. (B1U2 英语) 10. The more you speak English, the better your English will become. (B2U2 奥运) 11. We can hardly wait to see them. (B1U3 游记) I could not wait to find out more about her. （B4U1 妇女） 12. He couldn’t go out without being followed everywhere. (B2U5 音乐) 13. Thank you for your time. (B1U3 游记)That‘s good news. Thank you for your time. (B2U2 奥运) 14. They can’t understand everything(B1U2 英语) She didn’t like everything about the relic. (B2U1 古迹) 15. We had discovered something new about ―black holes‖. (B3U4 天文) 1.