Module 2 Introduction & Reading
Ⅰ. Discussion :
What kind of teacher do you like best?
C. doesn?t ne
ed to have discipline D. doesn?t want the students to like his or her teaching
③The main purpose of the passage “My New Teachers ” is A. to describe the new teachers and their teaching styles B. first impressions of somebody is very important
C. the writer will make progress in chemistry with Mrs Chen helping him (Try to use as many adjectives as possible) D. the new teachers will get on well with the students ④The Chinese teacher, Mr Wu A. isn?t good at showing his feelings . B. is very energetic
Ⅱ. The understanding of the text:
1. Fast –reading: Read the text quickly and find the main idea of the text. 1) How many teachers are mentioned (提到)in the passage? Who are they?
C. often makes the students feel bored at class D. likes very much compositions that have a lot of fun ⑤According to the text, which teacher?s classroom rules are followed best by the students? A. Mrs Li?s B. Mrs Chen?s C. Mr. Wu?s D. Any one of theirs
Thinking: When we introduce a person, what will we say about him / her?
2. Translate the following sentences: 1) I think perhaps she was, as it was her first lesson with us.
2) Do Activity 4 on P13 2. Careful reading: Fill in the form. name Mrs. Li Mrs. Chen Mr. Wu 3. Fill in the blanks: My English teacher is Mrs Li. At first she was likes . B. be patient D. All of the above . Chen her. She is and and . But now the class really job age looks/appearance my impression 3) Physics will never be my favourite lesson, but I think that I?ll do well in the exam with Mrs. Chen teaching me. 2) We don?t dare to say a word unless she asks us to.
Ⅲ. Exercises about the text.
1. Choose the best answers. ①Generally speaking, good teachers should A. be lively and energetic C. be well organized ②In the author?s opinion, a good teachers A. should prepare his or her lessons well B. will have to know everything of the subjects
and she explains English grammar her. and . Her
Even I can under stand it. I feel I?m going to Mrs. Chen, our physics teacher, is almost sixty. She is very teaching is
she explains exactly what is happening and the exam Mrs
my work is improving. I think I will me.
Ⅳ、反思与总结：When we describe a person, what should we say?
b. ②We got up so early that we caught the first train.
Module 2 My new teachers
=We got up early =We got up so early
we caught the first train. catch the first train.
③他犯了如此多的错误以致于老师非常生气。X k b 1 . c o m
1. Good teachers make sure that everyone in the class understands. of sth. ▲make sure that… ①你最好把时间和地点弄清楚。 ②他早起以确保能及时赶上火车。 ④(2005 北京)I?d like to arrive 20 minutes early A. as soon as B. as a result C. in case I can have time for a cup of tea. D. so that
4. She?s very strict —we don?t dare to say a word unless she asks us to.
be strict with sb. be strict in sth. ①王老师对她的工作要求很严格。 ②The teacher is very strict A. with; to B. to; with us in class but she is kind C. to; to us after class. D. with; with
2. It doesn?t matter if a teacher is not organized.
▲matter 用作动词，表示“关系重大，要紧” ，句中含有 if, what, who, where 等，常用于否定句 和疑问句，通常用 it 作形式主语。 ①He said it didn?t matter if we made mistakes. ②你今天这是怎么了？ ③这台旧电视有什么毛病？ ④The thing that A. matters is not whether you fail or not, but whether you try or not. B. cares C. considers D. minds
▲dare 在句中为实义动词，后接不定式，另外也可作情态动词，用于否定或疑问句中，后接动 词原形。 ①她不敢一个人出去。a. b. ②The boy is very brave. I A. dare say; dares to climb C. dare say; dares climb he the tall tree. B. dare to say; dare climb D. dare to say; dares climb
3. and she explains English grammar so clearly that ever I can understand it! so …that… 如此?以至于，引导结果状语从句。
so +adj. +a(an)+n.+that…=such +a(an)+adj. +n+ that… so +adj. /adv +that…. such +n. +that… so many /much / few / little +n. +that… 【联想扩展】so that 还可以引导目的状语从句，从句谓语动词常含有一个情态动词(can, could 等) eg. Speak clearly so that they can understand you. ①他是一个如此聪明的孩子，以致于我们都喜欢他。 a.
▲unless 除非，如果不（=if…not） ，引导一个条件状语从句。 ①除非生病，他是不会迟到的。
②It is known to all that A. unless
you exercise regularly, you won?t keep good health. (05. 重庆) C. although D. if
5. I?ll do well in the exam with Mrs Chen teaching me. 此处为 with 的复合结构作状语。
with 复合结构：with +宾语+宾语补足语 ▲可以作宾语补足语的形式有：形容词/副词/现在分词/过去分词/不定式/介词短语 ①He left hurriedly with the door open.
②The teacher came in with a book under his arm. ③With all the work finished, she went home happily. ④We went through the forest without any difficulty with the guide A. led B. leading C. to lead , I can?t go on holiday with you. C. dealing with D. deal with us. D. was leading
3、犯错，出错 5、按时，准时 7、在?方面做得好 9、入睡，睡着 11、变得高兴 Ⅱ、单项填空 1. It was a pity that the great writer died A. for B. with
4、取得进步 6、结果 8、实际上 10、挥舞双手 12、讲笑话
⑤With so many things A. dealt with
B. to deal with
6. Mr Wu?s only been teaching us for two weeks and …
该句使用了现在完成进行时，其形式为： I have taught this class. I have been teaching this class. Now that she is out of job, Lucy A. has consided C. considered going back to school, but she hasn?t decided yet. B. has been considering D. is going to consider
his works unfinished. D. of . D. to go on
2. I couldn?t do my homework with all that noise A. going on B. goes on C. went on
3. John shut everybody out of the kitchen A. which 4. It was B. when
he could prepare his grand surprise for the party. C. so that D. as if
7. …and waves his hands about a lot when he gets excited.
▲get 可用作系动词代替 be 用于“get +过去分词或形容词”中，表动作 get hurt, get bored, get dressed, get paid, get married, get drunk Sarah, hurry up. I?m afraid you won?t have time to A. get changed B. get change before the party. D. get to change
that thousands and thousands of people watched it. B. a very exciting game D. so an excited game the doctor works faster. C. whether D. that
A. such an exciting game C. too excited a game 5. The men will have to wait all day A. if B. unless
C. get changing
8. avoid / appreciate /admit +doing sth.
①You?d better avoid driving in the center of town. ②I would appreciate A. you to call ③She admitted A. steal back this afternoon. B. you call C. your calling D. you?re calling
6. He is unable to go to work A. as a result of C. as the result 7. She admitted D. to wave stolen A. to have made up C. to have told 8. —Hi, Tracy, you look tired. —I?m tired. I A. painted
the fall from his bike. B. as a result D. as result of
some bicycles from her neighborhood. B. to steal C. having stolen
a story to explain the reason why she was late. B. having told D. having made up
▲I appreciate it if …是常用句式，表示“如果?，我将不胜感谢” （2006·山东）I?d appreciate A. that B. it if you would like to teach me how to use the computer. C. this D. you
the living room all day. B. had painted C. have been painting D. have painted
9. With the key to the door A. lost 2、确定，查明，弄清楚
, he couldn?t get into the house. Which answer is not suitable? C. gone D. disappeared
10. As a student, he should show respect A. to B. for
his teachers. C. on D. at
Module 2 my new teacher. Grammar
一、1. ①You?d better make sure of the time and place. ②He got up early to make sure that he could catch the train in time. 2. ①他说我们犯错不要紧。 ②What?s the matter with you? 1. 英语中有许多动词不跟不定式但可以跟动名词作宾语。 Enjoy, finish, avoid, admit, practise, consider, imagine, keep, advise, suggest, escape, appreciate, understand, allow, permit, forbid, mind, miss, can?t help, pardon, excuse, allow, permit, forbid, mind, miss, can?t help, pardon, excuse 等。 2、有些动词短语跟-ing 但不跟不定式作宾语。 insist on, be good at, be fond of object to, lead to, put off, give up, look forward to, feel like, get used to, be worth 等。 3、有些动词既可以跟不定式又可以跟动词-ing。 continue, begin, start, stop, like, love, hate, prefer, remember, forget, regret, mean, require, want, need, try 等。 (1)continue to do =continue doing (2)begin /start 后跟不定式和动名词，通常无差别。但在下列三种情况下，其后需用不定式； 1）当 begin /start 用于进行时时； 2）当 begin / start 的主语是物时； 3）当其后的动词为不可以用于进行时的表示心理活动或精神状态的动词时。 （3）like / love/ hate/ dislike /prefer 后跟两种形式时意思差别不大，但当表示通常的一种倾向或 正在发生的事情时其后多跟-ing 形式。 当表示某一特定行为或还未发生的行为时， 其后多接 to do 形式。 （4）stop/ remember / forget / regret /try/ mean 后跟两种形式时意思有很大差别，具体如下： b. She doesn?t dare to go out alone stop to do sth. 停下来以做另一件事 w w w .x k b 1.c o m stop doing sth. 停止做某事 remember to do sth. 记住要做某事 remember doing sth. 记住已做过某事 forget to do sth. 忘记要做某事 forget doing sth. 忘记已做过某事 regret to do sth. 对将要做或正在说的事感到遗憾 regret doing sth. 后悔已做过某事 try to do sth. 设法去做某事 try doing sth. 尝试做某事 mean to do sth. 意欲/打算做某事 mean doing sth. 意味着做某事 （5）need /require /want 表示“需要”之意时，后跟动名词的主动形式，等于其后跟不定式的 被动形式。 ▲注：①动词必须转换成动名词（-ing）方可作介词的宾语。 ②动名词有时可有自己的逻辑主语， 构成动名词的复合结构 one(?s)doing sth. 其中其逻辑主语不
③What?s the matter with the old TV set? ④A 3. eg. 说清楚些以便他们能听懂你。 ①a. He is so smart a boy that we all like him b. He is such a smart boy that we all like him. ②so that as to
③He made so many mistakes that the teacher got very angry ④D 新 课 标 第 一 网 4. ①Mrs Wang is strict in her work ②A ①a. She daren?t go out alone ②A ①He won?t be late unless he is ill. 5. ①门敞着他就急急匆匆地离开了。 ②老师胳膊下夹着一本书走了进来。 ③一切工作完成后，她高高兴兴回家了。 ④B ⑤B B ②C ③C B ②A
6. have /has been doing 7. A
15. I?m afraid I can?t help A. clean for another hour. C. wait . B. catch the thief D. the thief to be caught them. C. corrects D. to correct B. correcting that. X k b 1 . c o m B. to be doing it. B. to locking at the back door? B. try to knock B. repairing B. him to refuse B. to have seen B. to read and a rest. C. to work; to have D. working; to have B. working; having to visit my aunt. B. going B. doing the tap off. B. turning C. to have turned D. having turned
the house because I have a meeting to attend right now. B. cleaning C. cleaned D. to be cleaning ABACA DBAAA
1. In some parts of Londo-n, missing a bus means A. waiting B. to wait 2. The discovery of new evidence (证据)led to A. the thief having caught C. the thief being caught A. correct —Well, now I regret A. to do 5. —Did you lock the door? —Yes, I remember A. to lock —Why not A. try knocking A. to repair A. his refusing 9. I remember A. to see 10. Have you finished A. reading 11. Let?s stop A. to work; have —I?m thinking of A. go 13. Go on A. to do —Oh, I forgot A. to turn
D. to be waiting
Module 2 my teacher
3. One learns a language by making mistakes and 4. —You are brave enough to speak against him. C. done
Function and speaking. Everyday English. Step 1. Translate the following phrases:
(1) 在某方面做得好 (3)宁愿做?而不 D. having done (5)几个 (2)比起?更喜欢 (4)就这么定了 (6)由某人决定
Step 2: 学习下列词组和句型
C. locking D. have locked (1)do well in … 在??做得好 be good at 擅长 (2)prefer 更喜爱，钟爱 C. to try knocking . D. being repaired D. him to have refused D. seen D. to have read C. be repaired C. why should he refuse C. having seen C. having read D. to try to knock ①prefer to do 喜欢做某事 I?d prefer to stay at home.
6. —I have been knocking the door, but no one answers.
7. There is something wrong with this bicycle. It really needs 8. He was in trouble then. I couldn?t understand
(3)prefer 后接名词或动名词。xkb1.com ①She prefers on Sundays.
the offer of help from his friends.
him before , but I?ve forgotten where it was. the books you bought in Beijing?
②Which do you prefer, the red or the blue one? ③prefer doing to doing. 比起某某??更喜欢?? <1>Even today. Most Americans prefer coffee. <2>I?d prefer staying at home to going shopping. ④prefer sb. to do 让某人做某事。 I?d prefer you to drive, if you don?t mind.
12. —What are you going to do this weekend? C. having gone C. to be doing D. my going D. with doing
3. would rather do sth. 宁愿做某事。 would rather not do sth. 不愿做某事。 would rather do sth than do sth. 宁愿做某事而不愿做某事 ①我宁可待在家里，也不想独自外出。I would rather ②我今晚不想外出。 than .
the next exercise after you finish this one.
14. —Listen! The water is still running.
4. That?s settled 就这么定了。
▲settle ①解决，处理；②安居；安家落户 ①You should settle your affairs before you leave. ②After years of travel, we decided to settle here.
8. The boy refused A. to pay
for climbing the tall tree. B. to be paid C. being paid D. paying
5. a couple of people /things.
(1)两人，两件事情; (2)几个人，几件事件 ①I saw a couple of men go out. ②She jogs a couple of miles every morning. ③Several couples were on the dance floor.
Keys for step 1. 1. do well in 2. prefer….to.. 3. would rather….than 4. That’s settled 5. a couple of 6. It’s up to sb Keys. for step 3. BCDDD CBB II. 完成句子。 1 is true of the service 2. It’s up yo us 3.nothing is settled 4. be up to sb 5. a couple of
6. be up to sb.
1、由某人决定 ①coffee or tea? It?s up to you. ②It?s not up to you to tell me how to do my job. 2、是某人的职责
Step 3 实践练习
1. I prefer A. stay 2. Rather than A. ride, ride A. help at home to going out. B. staying B. riding ride B. to help C. to stay a bicycle. D. to ride, riding D. helping C. ride, to ride me with my grammar. C. helped on a crowded bus, he always prefers
3. The teacher spent a lot of time 4. —Shall we finish the work in a week? —A week is too long. How about A. a dozen 5. Does A. this 6. I found a A. pair; couple A. does he
days! C. a lot of C. he C. couple; pair ? C. do I D. have I
B. a number of B. that B. pair; double B. has he
D. a couple of D. it . D. pair; pair
matter if he can?t get there on time? of socks in the bedroom, but they didn?t make a
7. I don?t believe he has finished,