Transportation revolution Urbanization Globalization
1) There is generally less space available for family life than in rural
areas. 2) More time is spent in daily travel from home to work, to school,
and to other places.
Changes in the Labor Force: 1)Industrialization has resulted in a demand for specialization and the development of technological skills and attitudes. 2)The resulting re-organization of society includes changes in people’s attitudes, values, ideologies with the old overlapping the new. 3)The growing participation of women in the labor force makes the female share of the labor force close to that of the male
The proportion of older people is increasing: Silver tsunami 银发危机/Aging population 老龄人口/Greying people老年人
1)Job vacancy 劳动力匮乏
2)Heavy burden on health care system 医疗负担
工作 衣 娱乐 行 住
Some people believe that in order to give opportunities to new generation, companies should encourage high level employees who are older than 55 to retire. Do you agree or disagree? Give your reasons and personal experience.
体力： 教育程度： 创新：
The point on the top of my list for my propensity is that young
people, physically, are more vigorous and energetic than elder ones. That is to say, young employees are more reliable when
saddled with heavy burdens, which the elder cannot withstand
due to their physical condition. Confronted with the work of high density, the elderly are inclined not to catch up with the
steps of the young who may accomplish their mission swiftly and
Another factor we cannot neglect is that young people are more prone to achieve outstanding academic performance with formal education. In case of the youth, they live in a world with the burgeoning of computer science and highadvanced technology, so it is easier for them to access the advent-courier and to accept it. On the contrary, in case of the people in their later middle age, they are more apt to be conservative and what they have learned are most probably to be behind the time. All of these make it rational for them to be taken the place of.
Also, it is sagacious to keep an eye on the crucial cause that young employees, mentally speaking, are rich in
creativity, flexibility, and self-motivation. Owing to the
strength in body, they are always ready to find new ways to solve the problem they meet, which will contribute a
lot to the company not only to survive in the fierce
competition but also to maintain sustainable development.
As for elderly, living in caring house is better than living at home with young children. Do you agree or disagree?（社会观念）
老人 年轻人 养老院
交流沟通 工作压力 家庭压力 专业医护人员 护理设备等
情感需求 义务：赡养老人 压力：老人可以帮忙照顾孩子等 设施：机制不健全-设施不完善 服务：无法面面俱到
1. Adaptability适应性 2. Flow of personnel/talent 人才流动 3. The brain drain/the outflow of talent 人才流失 4. Survival of the fittest 适者生存 5. A sense of accomplishment 成就感 6. Corporate culture 企业文化 7. Material gains 物质待遇 8. Promising future/bright prospect 美好的前程
9. Keep skills and knowledge fresh and up-to-date知识技能不断更新 10. Realize the value of life 实现人生价值 11. Seek for personal development 寻求个人的发展 12. Social recognition 社会认可 13. Accumulate experience 积累经验 14. Assume/shoulder responsibility 履行责任
15. Rear抚养 16. Nursing home 养老院 17. Caring home 养老院 18. Survive under the fierce competition 在激烈的竞争下生存 19. Household chores 家务
20. A multitude of professional nurses 许多的医护人员 21. Specialist doctors 专业医生 22. Health checkup 医疗检测 23. Monotonous 无聊 24. Take care of 照顾
25. Creativity 创造力 26. Flexibility灵活性 27. Self-motivation自我激励 28. Conservative保守的,含蓄的,矜持的 29. Rational理性的 30. Emotional感性的=sensible