人教课标 高一 必修 3 Unit 3
Work in pairs. Take turns to ask each other the questions and answer them using noun clauses as the object. Think of more questions. 1) Can you tell me if yo
u like this play? → I must say that I really enjoy it. 2) What do you think of the bet the brothers have made? → I think it is funny to make a bet like that.
3) What does Henry tell the brothers about his job in America? → Henry tells the brothers that he worked for a mining company in America. 4) What else does Henry tell the brothers? → Henry tells them that he landed in Britain by accident.
5) What do the brothers want to know about Henry? → The brothers want to know whether Henry has any money on him. 6) What do you think will happen to Henry? → I think Henry will be happy with what is inside the envelope.
1. 引导宾语从句的连接代词主要有： who, whom, what, which, whatever, whoever等；连接副词主要有： where, when, how, why等; 连词主要 有that, if, whether。
2. that在引导宾语从句时无词义，也不 充当任何成分，且通常可以省略。但 如果含有两个或两个以上的并列宾语 从句时，通常只有第一个从句的that 可以省略，其余从句的that一般不能 省略。如： My uncle said (that) he would come and that he would also bring his son.
3. 有时可用it作形式宾语，而把真正的宾 语从句后置。如： We found it strange that no one would take the money. 4. whether和if都意为“是否”，通常情 况下，二者都可以引导宾语从句；但 在介词之后或与or not连用时，只能 用whether。
注意：当 whether与or not不连在一起时， 口语中可用if取代whether，当然也可以用 whether。如： They are worrying about whether they can get there in time. I don’t know whether or not I should take his advice.
I’m not sure if the train will arrive on time or not.
5. 在第一人称I, we与动词think, expect, believe, guess, suppose等连用，后接 宾语从句时，通常将从句的否定转移 到主句谓语动词，形成否定前移。 如： I don’t suppose you’re used to this diet.
6. 一些含有假设、猜想、建议等意思的 动词后面的宾语从句要用“should +动 词原形”结构, should可以省略。这类 动词有: advise, arrange, command, demand, desire, insist, order, propose, require, request, suggest等。如： I suggested that he (should) study harder.
Complete the following sentences using noun clauses as the predicative based on the information from the play. 1. Henry arrived in London by accident. that he was lost at sea The reason was _____________________ and brought to England by another ship ___________________________________.
2. Henry has a lot of problems. One of his problems is _________________________ that he doesn’t know anybody __________. in London that he has no money Another problem is __________________. 3. Henry realized he needed help. The embassy was where ________________________ he thought he would _____. get it
4. Henry tells the brothers about his job in America. His concern is ____________________ how he can find a job _________________________. so he can go home again 5. The brothers ask Henry some questions. whether Henry The brothers’ concern is _____________ knows London or has any money _______________________________.
6. Henry is invited to the brothers’ house. The envelope is what the brothers give to Henry _____________________________.
1. that引导表语从句，只起连接作 用，不作句子成分。引导表语从句 的连词有that, whether, as if。引导 表语从句的连接代词有what, who, which。引导表语从句的连接副词有 when, where, how, why。
2. 当主句的主语为reason或是由 why引导的主语从句时，与它相 关的表语从句的连词要用that而 不能用because。
从A、B、C、D四个选项中，选出可 以填入空白处的最佳选项。 1. It is not always easy for the public to see _____ use a new invention can be of to human life. (重庆2011) A. whose B. what C. which D. that
2. His writing is so confusing that it’s difficult to make out _____ it is he is trying to express. (安徽2011) A. that B. how C. who D. what 3. The shocking news made me realize _____ terrible problems we would face. (北京2011) A. what B. how C. that D. why
4. I’m afraid he’s more of a talker than a doer, which is _____ he never finishes anything. (山东2011) A. that B. when C. where D. why 5. We’ve offered her the job, but I don’t know _____ she’ll accept it. (山东2011) A. where B. what C. whether D. which
6. The message you intend to convey through words may be the exact opposite of _____ others actually understand. (上海2011) A. why B. that C. which D. what
7. We haven’t discussed yet ______ we are going to place our new furniture. (2010课标全国卷) A. that B. which C. what D. where
8. Before the sales start, I make a list of ______ my kids will need for the coming season. (山东2010) A. why B. what C. how D. which
9. Cindy shut the door heavily and burst into tears. No one in the office knew ______ she was so angry. (湖南2010) A. where B. whether C. that D. why
10. How much one enjoys himself travelling depends largely on ______ he goes with, whether his friends or relatives. (四川2010) A. what B. who C. how D. why
11. Part of the reason Charles Dickens loved his own novel, David Copperfield, was ______ it was rather closely modeled on his own life. (北京2010) A. what B. that C. why D. whether
12. — I prefer shutting myself in and listening to music all day on Sundays. — That’s ______ I don’t agree. You should have a more active life. (江苏2010) A. where B. how C. when D. what
Finish Using Structures on
Page 57 of the Workbook.