定语从句（The Attributive Clause）或称为 ____________。定语从句在句子中作定语， 用来修饰一个名词、名词词组或者代词。被修饰的名词、名词词组或代词叫做 __________； 在先行词和定语从句之间起连接作用的词叫做 ___________。引导词可分为― __
（1）限制性定语从句是先行词不可缺少的部分，去掉它主句意思往往不明确；非限制性定 语从句是先行词的附加说明， 去掉了也不会影响主句的意思， 它与主句之间通常用逗号分开。 He has two sons, who work in the same company. (He has only two sons) 他有两个儿子， 他 们在同一家公司工作。（_____________） He has two sons who work in the same company.（Perhaps he has more than two sons.）他 有两个在同一家公司里工作的儿子。（_______________） （2） 非限定性定语从句还能将整个主句作为先行词, 对其进行修饰, 这时从句谓语动词要用 第三人称单数；例如： He seems not to have caught what I meant, which greatly upsets me.他似乎没理解我的意 思，这使我心烦。 ★★ 说明：在非限定性定语从句中：①关系代词 that 和关系副词 why 不能引导非限定性 定语从句。②关系代词和关系副词在任何情况下都不省略。
关 系 代 词 That 在从句中做主 语或宾语 Which 在从句中做主 语或宾语 Who, whom 例 句
指物 It‘s a question that needs careful consideration. The house (that) they built in 1990 stayed up in the earthquake. 指人 The girl (that) we saw yesterday is Tom‘s sister 指物 They needed a plant which didn't need as much water as rice. The farm (which) we visited yesterday is located in the suburb of Beijing. 指人 He is the man who wants to see you. 作主语
在从句中分别 作主语或宾语 Whose 在从句中作定 语
The man to whom you spoke was a scientist. 作宾语
指人或 Edison is a great inventor whose fame is world-wide. 物 Please pass me the book whose cover（=of which the cover/the cover of which）is green.
关 系 副 词
When 指时间 The day came at last when I went to college. Where 指地点 I visited the school where I studied when I was a child. Why 指原因 The reason why he failed in the race is that he fell on to the ground. ★ 注意：关系副词里面没有 how。
四、定语从句考点： 考点一：that 和 which 的选择
(1) that 指物时一般可以与 which 互换，但在下列情况引导词只用 that，不用 which。 ①当先行词为 all, much, little, few, none, something, anything, everything, nothing 等不定代词 时，如：a. All ______ can be done has been done.
b. I am sure she has something (______) you can borrow. ② 先行词被 all, every, no, some, any, little, few, much, the only, the very, the last, 修饰时： I’ve read all the books (______) you gave me. ③先行词是序数词、形容词最高级或被它们修饰时。 This is the best ______ has been used against pollution. This is the first composition (______) he has written in English. ④当有两个或两个以上分别表示人和物的先行词时，这个定语从句要用 that 而不用 who (whom)和 which 引导。如： He talked about the teachers and schools （______） he had visited. ⑤先行词是疑问词 who, which, what 时，定语从句用 that 而不用 who, (whom)和 which 引导
a. Who is the person______ is standing at the gate? b. Which of us that knows something about physics does not know this? c. What that is on the table belongs to me? ⑥当先行词在主句中作表语，而关系代词在从句中也作表语时, China is no longer the country ______ it used to be. (2) 只用 which 的情况 ①在非限制性定语从句中，只用 which, 不用 that. The weather turned out to be good, ______ was more than we could expect. ②当动词短语中的介词提前时，只用 which，不用 that. This is the house in______ Lu Xun once lived.
考点二：as 与 which 引导的定语从句
1. 在句型 the same…as…,such…as…，as…as…, so…as…中，定语从句引导词一般用 as。 (1) Such books ______ you tell me are interesting.
(2).This is the same book______ I lent you yesterday. (3)Here is so big a stone ______ no man can lift. 2. 先行词是主句的整个内容，如果定语放主句后，即可用 as 也可用 which 引导. (1)He failed in the exam, ______ (=which) is natural. (2)She seems a scientist, ______ (=which) in fact she is. (3)Grammar is not a dead rule, which (=as) I have said before. 3. 如果从句在主句前，这时要用 as 而不用 which 引导 。如： ______ is known to everybody, the moon travels round the earth once every month. =The moon travels round the earth once every month, as is known to everybody. =It is known to everybody that the moon travels round the earth once every month.(主语从句) =What is known to everybody is that the moon travels round the earth once every month.（表语
4.as 代表前面主句意思时， 有―正如…‖之意， which 没有此意思， 而 从句中的动词常是 expect, know, see, think, want, suppose 等。
（1）He won the match, ______ we had expected. （2） He agreed to the plan, ______ was to be expected.
（3）The police were looking for him, ______ he thought.
5. as 在从句中作主语时，后面常接行为动词的被动语态，如 be known，be said，be reported 等，如从句中行为动词是主动语态，一般要用 which 作主语。 (1)She has been late again, ______ was expected. (2)Tom has made great progress, ______ made us happy. 6. 当非限制性定语从句的谓语是一个复合结构时， 只能用 which 引导。 Betty always tells a lie, ______ her parents find strange. 7. 当非限制性定语从句为否定句时，常用 which 引导。 Mr. Smith usually praises his student Rose in public, ______ she doesn’t like at all.
关系代词与关系副词的选用，应看引导词在定语从句中充当什么成分； 1）若作状语, 就用 where, when, why 等关系副词 2）若作主语、宾语或定语，则用关系代词 who/that/which、 whom/which、 whose 等。 3）当定语从句中缺少先行词时，应加补先行词 the one;
（1）a. The reason______ he missed the speech is that he forgot the time.
b. The reason (____________) he gave us sounded reasonable.
（2）a. I’ll never forget the days (____________) we spent together in Paris.
b. I’ll remember the day ______ we stayed together.
（3）a. Is this the factory (______) we visited last year?
b. Is this the house ______ Lincoln once lived? c. Is this house the one (______) we visited last year?
1.根据从句中动词与先行词的逻辑关系。 e.g. Is that the newspaper____________ you often write articles? 2. 根据从句中动词或形容词的习惯搭配，如： e.g. Can you explain to me how to use these idioms ____________ I’m not sure. 3. 根据先行词与介词的搭配习惯，请体会： e.g. 1949 was the year ____________the P.R.C. was founded. 4.非限制性定与从句中，要表示先行词的一部分时，可用―数词/代词 + of + 关系代词‖的结
构，如： e.g. There are 50 students in our class, two- thirds ____________ have been to Beijing. 5. Whose 从句可转换为― of +关系代词‖型，如： e.g. They live in a house, whose door opens to the south. =They lived in a house, ____________ the door opens to the south. =They lived in a house, the door____________ opens to the south. 6.关系副词 when, where, why 可以用适当的介词+which 来替代。如：when=in/on/at…+which, where=in/on/at…+which, why=for + which 介词的位置非常灵活，有时放在关系代词之前，有 时放在动词之后。 1). I won’t forget the date when(____________) I was born. 2). This is the room where (____________ I lived. = This is the room which I lived in. 3). I don’t know the reason why (____________) he haven’t come today. 4). Tom still remembers the days when (____________) they lived in Tianjin.
当定语从句中的关系代词在从句中作主语时， 定语从句中的谓语动词在人称、 数的方面应该 与先行词保持一致. 1.The Great Wall is one of the world-famous buildings that attract lots of visitors. 2. The Great Wall is the only one of the buildings on the earth that is seen from the moon. 3. I, who am your teacher, will try my best to help you.
考点六：way 和 time 后接定语从句的情况：
1. 当先行词是 way，且意为―方式、方法‖时且关系词在从句中作状语时，引导定语从句的 关系词有下列三种形式。如：
（04 湖北） What surprised me was not what he said but the way (in which/that/不填) he said it.
注意：下面两个句子中的关系词的不同，试比较： The way (that/ which/不填) he explained to us was quite simple.他向我们解析的那种方法很 简单。 The way (that/in which/不填) he explained the sentence to us was difficult to learn.他向我们 解析句子的那种方法很难学到。
2. 当先行词是 time 时，若 time 做―次数‖讲，关系词应用 that，且可以省略。如 time 做―一 段时间‖讲，应用关系副词 when 或介词 at/during + which 引导定语从句。 I couldn’t hardly remember how many times (that) I have failed. This was at a time when/during which there were no radios, no telephones or no TV sets.
1. 当先行词是 case、point 、situation 、condition 、position 、stage 、activity、job、sport、 career 等表示抽象地点、地步、环境、形势等含义的名词时，我们常使用关系副词 where 。 (1)We are just trying to reach a point______both sides will sit down together and talk. (2) Footy, which is short for Australian rules football, is a mix of soccer and rugby, a sport ______ players hold the ball and run with it. 2. 当先行词为 occasion 时，我们通常使用关系副词 when Occasions are quite rare when I have the time to spend a day with my kids.
1. 定语从句与并列句的区别 定语从句与并列句的主要区别为：定语从句一般都是用关系代词或关系副词引起，而并 列句用 but，so，and 等表示转折、因果、并列关系的连词或分号连接。例如：
①They put forward a lot of plans at the meeting, none of______ were carried out in their work. ②They put forward a lot of plans at the meeting, but none of______ were carried out in their
work. 2. 定语从句与状语从句的区别 (1) where 引导定语从句时, 前面一定要有表示地点的先行词, where 是关系副词, 在从 句中作地点状语。where 引导状语从句时, where 是从属连词, where 引导的从句修饰主句 的谓语动词, where 前面没有表示地点的先行词。例如: a. After living in Paris for fifty years, he returned to the small town where he grew up as a child. b. You should make it a rule to leave things where you can find them again. (2). when 引导定语从句时, 前面一定要有表示时间的先行词, when 是关系副词, 在从句 中作时间状语 a. We are living in an age when many things are done on computer. b. The students all stopped talking, when they heard the teacher’s footsteps ,
3. 定语从句与同位语从句的区别 1）从句所修饰词的不同。同位语从句所修饰词通常是少数一些表示抽象意义的名词， 如 belief , doubt , fact , hope , idea , news , possibility , thought , order , suggestion , wish , answer , information , conclusion , decision , discovery , knowledge , law , opinion , problem , promise , proof , question , report , truth , risk 等。定语从句的先行词可以指人、物等。例如： (1) He has told us a fact that drinking too much does harm to our health. (____________) (2) We have no idea that her mother was a professor ten years ago. (____________) (3) This is the book that I bought yesterday.（____________） 2）连接词的作用不同。连接同位语从句的 that 只起连接作用，不在从句中担任任何句子 成分。whether 和 how 可以引导同位语从句，但不能引导定语从句。关系代词和关系副词 除了连接从句的作用外， 还在定语从句中充当一定的句子成分， 常见的关系代词和关系副词 有 that , which , who , whose , whom , when , where , why , as 等。 3) 从句作用的不同。定语从句具有形容词或副词的特点，对先行词起修饰、限定作用， 描述先行词的性质或特征，与先行词之间是所属关系。同位语从句具有名词的特点，对中心 词作进一步补充解释，是中心词的具体内容。例如： (1) The man that you saw just now is my bother. (____________ )
（2）The suggestion that the meeting be put off proved right.（____________ ）
(3) The suggestion that he had made is that the meeting be put off.（____________）
4. 定语从句与强调句型的区别 1). 强调句型― It be +被强调部分+that /who…‖是对某部分加强语气， 强调语气的连接词只 能是 that、 who，而定语从句中的引导词可以是 who、 that 、whom 、when 、where 等；强调句型如果去掉强调结构 It was/is...that，原句不缺少任何成分。强调句中的 that 是个虚词，没有实在意义，只是起着标志性的结构作用，一般不能省略。 (1) It was in the library that I saw her yesterday. (____________ ) (2) It is the shop where my sister was robbed by a man with a mask covering his face. (____________) (3) It was not until 1920 that regular radio broadcast began. (____________) (4) It was 1920 when regular radio broadcast began. (____________) 2) 有些强调句型中含有一个定语从句，这往往给理解带来一定的难度。
(1) It was in the lab that was set up last year that they finished the experiment.
（that was set up last year 是定语从句，that 在从句中作主语，并可被 which 替换）
(2) It was the students who came from our school that won the first prize in the contest.
（who came from our school 是定语从句，who 在从句中作主语）
一、which / that ; who/that/whose 1. There is little in his speech _____ is interesting. A. which B. that C. as D. what 2. 1) He said nothing _____ made me angry. 2) He said nothing, _____ made me angry. A. that, that B. this, this C. that, which D. which, that 3. The weather turned out to be very good, _____ was more than we could expect. A. what B. which C. that D. if 4. The house _____ we live is not big. A. in that B. which C. in which D. that
5. Finally, the thief handed to the police everything ____ he had stolen. A. which B. what C. whatever D. that 6. He is not the man _____ he was before. A. who B. whom C. that D. as 7. He often talked about the artists and paintings ______ impressed him greatly. A. which B. who C. that D./ 8. The last place _____ we visited was the Great Wall. A. which B. that C. where D. it 9. Is oxygen the only gas _____ helps fire burn? A. that B. / C. which D. it 10. ①The woman _____ husband was wounded in the war was crying. ②The woman _____ was wounded in the war was crying. A. who, whose B. whose, whom C. whose , who D. which, that 11.Who _____ has common sense will do such a thing? A. whom B. that C. which D. as 12. I'd like a car _____ front lights are big and round. A. which B. who C. whose D. of which 二、which/as； the same…as/that, such…as/that, so…that/as 13. _____, the Heng Shan Mountain is famous for its beauty. A. It is known to us all that B. It is known to all C. As is known to all D. As we all know that 14. _____ the Heng Shan Mountain is famous for its beauty. A. It is known to us all that B. It is known to all C. As is known to all D. As we all know that 15. – Did you pass the final examination? -- No, I‘m afraid I had a hard time, _____ is often the case. A. it B. as C. that D. what 16. He must be from Africa, _____ can be seen from his skin. A. that B. as C. who D. what 17. That passenger was very impolite to the conductor, _____, of course, made things even worse. A. who B. whom C. what D. which 18. He is not the same man _____ he used to be. A. what B. which C. whom D. as 19. ①I want to buy the same watch as the one _____ you are wearing. ②This watch is the same watch _____ I lost in the hotel. A. as, as B. that, as C. as, which D. as, that 20. You made the same mistake _____ you had made last time. A. that B. which C. as D. whose 21. Such film _____ was shown yesterday is not suitable for children. A. as B. that C. which D. what 22. He is such an honest man ______ we respect him. He is such an honest man _____ we respect.
A. that, who B. that, as C. as, that D. that, whom 23. He bought so lovely a toy bear ______ his son liked very much. He bought so lovely a toy bear _______ his son liked it very much. A. that, that B. as, that C. which, that D. which, as 三、that/which; when; where; why; prep + which 24. I ?ll never forget the days _____ we spent together. I‘ll never forget the days_____ we worked together. A. when, when B. that, that C. when, that D. that, when 25. ①I'll spend my holiday in Shanghai, _____ my uncle lives. ②I'll spend my holiday in Shanghai, _____ lies on the coast. A. who, which B. which, where C. where, which D. that, where 26. ①This is the very room _____ I slept in that evening. ②This is the very room _____ I sleep in the evening. A. which, where B. that , in which C. /, which D. where, that 27. ①Beijing, _____ has a population of over 10,000,000, is a very beautiful city. ②Beijing is the most beautiful city _____I have ever visited. ③Beijing, _____I spent my last summer holiday, is a very beautiful city. A. which, that, where B. where, that , which C. that, where , where D. as, which, which 28. The days are gone _____ we Chinese were weak. A. that B. which C. on which D. when 29.There is no dictionary _____ you can find everything. A. that B. which C. where D. there 30. Is there a cinema nearby _____ I can see a film? A. that B. where C. which D. it 31. You can come on Sunday, _____ the manager will be back. A. which B. when C. that D. and when 32. Can you think of a situation _____ this idiom can be used? A. where B. when C. with which D. which 33. Many people who had seen the film were afraid to go to the forest when they remembered the scenes ______ people were eaten by the tiger. (?05 广东卷-35) A. in which B. by which C. which D. that 四、prep+ which / whom; whose; the + n. + of which/whom; 表部分的词+ of which; prep + which 34. ①The only spade with _____ we planted trees is missing. ②The only spade _____ we planted trees with is missing. A. that, which B. which, that C. whose, of which D. whom, whose 35. This is the shop _____ I often speak to you. A. where B. which C. of which D. in which
36. 1) I don‘t like the way _____ you listen with your mouth half open. 2) This is not the way _____ we came last time. A. that, that B. in which, in which C. in which, by which D. that, which 37. Nearby were several boats _____ they had come. A. in which B. by which C. with which D. for which 38. He is a man of great experience, _____ much can be learned. A. who B. that C. from whom D. from which 39. In the dark street, there wasn‘t a single person _____ she could turn for help. A. that B. who C. from whom D. to whom 40. The schools themselves admit that not all children will be successful in the jobs _____ they are being trained. (?05 江西卷-25) A．in that B．for that C．in which D．for which 41. The man _____ she had been married for 30 years deserted her. A. to whom B. whom C. with whom D. to who 42. He has many books, most of _____ are in English. He has many books, and most of _____ are in English. A. which, them B. which, which C. them, which D. which, that 43. She decided to sell the house _____ windows were almost broken. A. whose B. which C. that D. of which 44. She decided to sell the house _____ the windows were almost broken. A. whose B. which C. that D. of which 45. We visited a few factories, _____ had a good market at home and abroad. A. their products B. these products C. those products D. the products of which 46. I have many friends, some are businessmen . (?05 全国卷 I-24) A. of them B. from which C. who of D. of whom 47. Nathan Hale, ______ the British guard had found the maps of the British army‘s defence works, faced his enemy bravely. A. in whose boot B. in which boot C. whose boot D. which boot 五、定语从句谓语动词的单复数 48. She is one of the few girls who _____ well paid in the kindergarten. A. is B. are C. were D. have 49. Mary is the only one of Mr. Brown‘s four daughters who ____ higher education. A. has received B. have received C. is received D. are received 六、way、time 后的定语从句 50. This is the last time _____ I shall give you a lesson. A. When B. that C. which D. in which 51. I would hardly remember how many times ____ I have failed. A. that B. which C. in which D. when
52. I don‘t like the way _____ you laugh at her. A. that B. on which C. which 53. The way _____ he explained to us is quite simple. A. how B. which C. in which
D. as D. what
七、先行词是抽象地点 54. After graduation she reached a point in her career_ ___she needed to decide what to do.(2007 年江西卷) A. that B. what C. which D. where 55.Today, we‘ll discuss a number of cases _____beginners of English fail to use the language properly.(2007 年陕西卷) A. which B. as C. why D. where 56. It's helpful to put children in a situation___ they can see themselves differently. A. that B. when C. which D. where 八．定语从句与其他句型的区别 57. It was at the school ___ was named after a hero ____ he spent his childhood. A. which, that B. where, where C. that, where D. which, where 58. 1) Peter is one of the boys who _____ always late. 2) Peter is the only one of the boys who _____ late. A. is, is B. are, are C. is, are D. are, is 59. Was it in the village _____ we used to live in _____ the accident happened? A. where; that B. which; that C. that; where D. where; which 60. Is this zoo ____ you visited last year? A. that B. where C. the one D. of which 61. Is this the zoo _____ you visited last year? A. that B. where C. the one D. of which 62. Is this the zoo _____ you worked last year? A. that B. where C. the one D. of which 63. This is the best reason _____ he could give at the meeting. A. why B. that C. which D. because 64. This is the reason _____ he didn‘t go to school this morning. A. why B. that C. which D. because 65.①Was it in the hospital _____ I met her? ②Was it the hospital _____ I met her? A. when, that B. where, where C. that, where D. which, that 66. That‘s the very reason _____ I failed. A. that B. of that C. which D. for which 67. The little girl hurried back to the classroom_____ her textbook was left there. A. where B. because C. that D. which 68. The little girl hurried back to the classroom _____ her textbook was left. A. where B. because C. that D. which
Ⅳ 高考链接 1. Stephen Hawking believes that earth is unlikely to be the only planet______ life has developed gradually. (10 福建卷) A. that B. where C. which D. whose 2. I've become good friends with several of the students in my school______ I met in the English speech contest last year. (10 湖南卷) A. who B. where C. when D. which 3. The girl arranged to have piano lessons at the training centre with her sister ______ she would stay for an hour. (10 江西卷) A. where B. who C. which D. what 4. That‘s the new machine ______ parts are too small to be seen. (10 山东卷) A. that B. which C. whose D. What 5. Wind power is an ancient source of energy_____ we may return in the near future. (10 上海卷) A. on which B. by which C. to which D. from which 6. —Can you believe I had to pay 30 dollars for a haircut ? —You should try the barber‘s _______ I go. It‘s only 15. (10 天津卷) A. as B. which C. where D. that 7. After graduating from college，I took some time off to go traveling，______ turned out to be a wise decision．(10 四川卷) A. that B. which C. when D. where 8. As a child , Jack studied in a village school ,____ is named after his grandfather. (10 全国卷Ⅰ) A. which B. where C. what D. that 9. The newly built café the walls of_______ are painted light green, is really a peaceful place , for us, specially after hard work. (10 江苏卷) A. that B. it C. what D. which 10. The old temple _______ roof was damaged in storm is now under repair. (10 陕西卷) A. where B. which C. its D. Whose 11. I refuse to accept the blame for something _____was someone else‘s fault. (10 全国卷Ⅱ) A. who B. that C. as D. what 12. Children who are not active or______ diet is high in fat will gain weight quickly. (10 北京卷) A. what B. whose C. which D. that 13. In china, the number of cities is increasing _____development is recognized across the world. (10 重庆卷) A. where B. which C. whose D. that 14. The settlement is home to nearly 1,000 people, many of _____ left their village homes for a better life in the city. (10 浙江卷) A. whom B. which C. them D. those 15. Ellen was a painter of birds and of nature, _____, for some reason, had withdrawn from all human society. (2012 浙江卷) A. which B. who C. where D. whom 16. We live in an age _____ more information is available with greater ease than ever before. 【2012 浙江卷】 A. why B. when C. to whom D. on which 17. After the flooding, people _____ were suffering in that area, urgently needed clean water,
medicine and shelter to survive. (2012 江苏卷) A. which B. who C. where D. what 18. Maria has written two novels, both of ____ have been made into television series. (2012 山东 卷) A. them B. that C. which D. what 19. The air quality in the city, _____ is shown in the report, has improved over the past two months.( 2012 福建) A. that B. it C. as D. what 20. A lot of language learning, _____ has been discovered, is happening in the first year of life, so parents should talk much to their children during that period. (2012 安徽卷) A. as B. it C. which D. that 21. Sales director is a position ______ communication ability is just as important as sales. (2012 重庆卷) A. which B. that C. when D. where 22. In our class there are 46 students, _____ half wear glasses. (2012 四川卷) A. in whom B. in them C. of whom D. of them 23. It is the third time that she has won the race, ______ has surprised us all. (2012 陕西卷) A. that B. where C. which D. what 24. When deeply absorbed in work, ______ he often was，he would forget all about eating or sleeping. (2012 北京卷) A. that B. which C. where D. when 25. That evening, _____ I will tell you more about later, I ended up working very late. (2012 全国 II) A. that B. which C. what D. when 26. I wish to thank Professor Smith, without _______ help I would never have got this far. (2012 天津卷) A. who B. whose C. whom D. which 27. The house I grew up ________ has been taken down and replaced by an office building. (09 江西卷) A. in it B. in C. in that D. in which 28. She brought with her three friends, none of _____ I had ever met before. (09 海南卷) A. them B. who C. whom D. these 29. Whenever I met her, ______ was fairly often, she greeted me with a sweet smile. (09 山东卷) A. who B. which C. when D. that 30. (2011全国卷I) The prize will go to the writer ________ story shows the most imagination. A. that B. which C. whose D. what 31.（2011全国卷II）Ted came for the weekend wearing only some shorts and a T-shirt, ____ is a stupid thing to do in such weather. A. this B. that C. what D. which 32. （2011北京卷） Mary was much kinder to Jack than she was to the others, _________, of course, make all the others upset. A. who B. which C. what D. that 33. (2011上海卷) You‘ll find taxis waiting at the bus station ____ you can hire to reach your host family. A. which B. where C. when D. as
34.（2011山东卷）The old town has narrow streets and small houses _____are built close to each other. A. they B. where C. what D. that 35.（2011江西卷）She showed the visitors around the museum, the construction _____had taken more than three years. A. for which B. with which C. of which D. to which 36.（2011江苏卷）Between the two parts of the concert is an interval, _______ the audience can buy ice-cream. A. when B. where C. that D. which 37. （2011安徽卷） Whatever is left over may be put into the refrigerator, _____ it will keep for two or three weeks. A. when B. which C. where D. while 38.（2011浙江卷）English is a language shared by several diverse cultures, each of ____ uses it somewhat differently. A. which B. what C. them D. those 39.（2011浙江卷）A bank is the place ______ they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. A. when B. that C. where D. there 40.（2011福建卷）She has a gift for creating an atmosphere for her students ____ allows them to communicate freely with each other. A. which B. where C. what D. who 41.（2011四川卷）The school shop, ________ customers are mainly students, is closed for the holidays. A. which B. whose C. when D. where 42. 2011天津卷） days are gone _____ physical strength was all you needed to make a living. （ The A. when B. that C. where D. which 43.（2011陕西卷）I walked up to the top of the hill with my friend, _______ we enjoyed a splendid view of the lake. A. which B. where C. who D. that 44.(2011湖南卷) Julie was good at German, French and Russian , all of _____ she spoke fluently. A. who B. whom C. which D. that 45. (2013 北京). Many countries are now setting up national parks ______ animals and plants can be protected. A. when B. which C. whose D. where 46.(2013 福建) . The book tells stories of the earthquake through the eyes of those ____ lives were affected. A. whose B. that C. who D. which 47,(2013 安徽) . Mo Yan was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2012, _______ made one of the Chinese people‘s long-held dreams come true. A. it B. that C. what D. which 48. (2013 湖南) . Happiness and success often come to those ________ are good at recognizing their own strengths. A. whom B. who C. what D. which 49.(2013 江苏) . The president of the World Bank says he has a passion for China, he remembers starting as early as his childhood. A. where B. which C. what D. when
50.(2013 江西) . He wrote a letter ______ he explains what had happened in the accident. A. what B. which C. where D. how 51. (2013 辽宁) . He may win the competition, _______he is likely to get into the national team. A. in which case B. in that case C. in what case D. in whose case 52.(2013 山东) . There is no simple answer, _____ is often the case in science. A. as B. that C. when D. where 53. (2013 山东) . Finally he reached a lonely island _______ was completely cut off from the outside world. A. when B. where C. which D. whom 54. (2013 陕西) . _______ is often the case with children, Amy was better by the time the doctor arrived. A. It B. That C. What D. As 55. (2013 四川) . Nowadays people are more concerned about the environment _______ they live. A. what B. which C. when D. where 56. (2013 天津) . We have launched another man-made satellite, ________ is announced in today‘s newspaper. A. that B. which C. who D. what 57. (2013 新课标Ⅰ) . You can‘t judge a book by its cover, ________ . A. as the saying goes old B. goes as the old saying C. as the old saying goes D. goes as old the saying 58. (2013 重庆) . John incited about 40 people to his wedding, most of ______ are family members. A them B. that C. which D. whom 59.(2013 浙江) .The children, ______ had played the whole day long, were worn out. A all of what B all of which C all of them D all of whom 60.(2013 浙江).The museum will open in the spring with an exhibition and a viewing platform ______ visitors can watch the bid glasshouses being built. A what B where C when D why 定语从句答案 1-10. BCBCD CCBAC 11-20 BCCAB BDDBC 21-30 ABBDC BADCB 31-40 BAABC CACDD 41-50 AAADD DABAB 51-60 AABDD DADBC 61-68 ABBAC DBA 高考链接 1-10 BAACC CBADD 11-20 BBCAB BBBCA 21-30 DCCBB BBCBC 31-40 DBADC ACACA 41-45 BABCD 46-50 ADBBC 51-55AACDD 56070 BCDDB