1. Let students know the definition of fact and opinion. 2. Encourage students to search the useful information in Ipad.
3. Let students learn the usage of new words and phrases b
Facts or opinions?
1. I think Ray made great contribution to our class. 2. Jeremy hold the belief that he can succeed without hardworking. 3. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. 4. As far as I am concerned，the weather outside is very warm . 5. Xi Jinping is Chairman of the PRC. 6. Winter is better than Summer.
1. using search engine
2. selecting accurate key words 3. bookmarking some websites www.oup.com/elt/oald dictionary.cambridge.org/
Main idea of each paragraph:
I. Reading and listening
Para.1. What is a fact ? A fact is anything that can be proved. Para.2. What is an opinion ? An opinion is what someone believes is true but has not been proved.
Para.3. What is evidence? Evidence is true information which must be facts rather than opinions.
Some language clues to help identify facts and opinions.
Facts What I told you is true because … I know that you are wrong because … They did it last year/month/week. They didn’t do it if …
Some language clues to help identify facts and opinions.
I think that … It is my opinion that … My view is … I understand that … He was very unkind/nasty/cruel/mean.
She is very kind/thoughtful/considerate.
I don’t like … Some people say …
Some language clues to help identify facts and opinions. Fact What I told you is true because … I know that you are wrong because … Opinion I think that … It is my opinion that … My view is … I understand that … He was very unkind/nasty/cruel/mean. She is very kind/thoughtful/considerate. I don’t like … Some people say …
They did it last year/month/week. They didn’t do it if …
I think it is an opinion that what is in the boxes is gold or the Amber Room because Jan Hasek did not see what was in the boxes. He listened to other people’s ideas of what might have been inside. So his evidence is an opinion.
Czech Time Place April, 1945 Republic Something exploded at What he heard midnight. 1. Some German soldiers put wooden boxes in the mine. What he saw 2. The entrance to the mine was closed. What he The Amber Room and some believes gold were buried in the mine.
take a mouse apart
I can’t tell the twins apart.
The two cities are 800 miles apart.
1. He has proved his courage in the battle. 2. Can you prove your theory to us? 3. Can you prove where you were on May 10th?
1. The medicine proved satisfactory. 结果证明这药疗效令人满意。
2. She proved a very strict teacher. 结果证明她是一位非常 严格的老师。
3. Perhaps this book will prove of some use to you in your studies. 也许这本书会对你的研究有用处。
4. She may prove to be the most suitable person for the job. 结果她可能是最适合干这项工作的人。
(1). Perhaps this book will ____ of some use to you in your studies. A. prove B. be proved C. suggest D. be turned (2). It ___ to be much more difficult than she had supposed. A. proved B. considered C. pretended D. designed
I agree with all of what you said. 我同意你所说的一切。
The verb must _____ ____ the subject agree with in person and number. 动词必须与主语的人称和数保持一致。
The climate here does not _____ ____ me. agree with 这里的气候不适合我。
They ______ agreed ___ on the date for the meeting. 他们就开会日期达成一致。
sth. (one’s) doing plan suggestion proposal He has ______ agreed ___ to arrangement terms our suggestion (条件/条款)…
about the holiday.
He ______ agreed ___ to lend
his bike to me.
1. It is certain that Mr. Black will support your proposal, for he always _______ whatever you say. A. agrees with C. agrees for B. agrees on D. agrees to
2. Father didn’t ______ us to use his
A. agree me.
3. The climate here doesn’t agree___ B. on C. with D. for
4. I agree _________ with what he said. After a further discussion, both sides _________ agreed on the date for the wedding. 5. They didn’t ___________ agree with each other on that point. At last the teacher agreed to give him another chance. __________ 6. You and I _________ agreed on this point. agree with his opinions. 7. They might not __________ agreed to your demands. 8. She can’t _________
She rather than you is right. rather than 连接两个主语时, 根据 就远原则
1. Rather than ___ on a crowded bus, he
always prefers _______ a bike. A. ride, ride C. ride, to ride B. riding, ride D. to ride, riding
2. I would rather ___ at home than ___ out on such a day. A. stay, go C. going, to go B. to stay, to go D. to stay, to go
the entrance to …… 的入口 the answer to …… 的答案 the key to …… 的钥匙 / …… 的关键 / …… 的答案 the right to sth. 拥有某物的权利 the notes to the text 课文的注释 a reply to a letter 回信 a secretary to a president 总统的秘书
Now you are going to hear another two people talk about what happened to the Amber Room.
Listen to Part A and write down where the Amber Room was lost.
Listen to Part B and write down how the Amber Room was lost.
In a fire.
Listen to the tape again. Stop after each part and fill in the blanks. Part A
Hans Braun Job a sailor Place Konigsberg
One night during the war
He was told to ___________________ help German soldiers put some ________________ big wooden boxes onto the ship. _________________________________________ The soldiers said that the heavy boxes were full of treasure ___________________. The ship ______________. went out to sea On the voyage, the ship ____________ was attacked and sank. Almost _____________. everyone died He had to swim three kilometres before ___________________________. he was saved by a German ship
Part A: Hans Braun’s story
Hello, I’m Hans Braun, an old German sailor. During the war my ship was at Konigsberg. One night I was told to help our soldiers put some big wooden boxes onto my ship. They were very heavy and the soldiers said they were full of treasure. The ship went out to sea. On our voyage, our ship was attacked and sank. Almost everyone died. I had to swim three kilometers before I was saved by a German ship. Nobody had time to save the boxes. They must still be buried in the sand. Now a group of people who are searching for the Amber Room have asked me to help them find the ship.
NAME Anna Petrov Job a maid Place Konigsberg
One ___________ Many trucks came to the castle with __________. large boxes night in The __________________ German soldiers took the boxes into the 1941 castle. She heard that a special ___________in art treasure the castle was shown to________________. important visitors At the end of August, 1944 She heard _________________, something explode and she saw __________________. the castle was on fire She found some melted pieces of something that looked like _______ honey The soldiers told her that the melted pieces could have come from _______________. the Amber Room
Part B: Anna Petorv’s story
Hello, my name is Anna Petrov. I was a maid at the castle in Konigsberg between 1940 and 1945. One night in 1941 many trucks came to the castle with large boxes. The German soldiers took the boxes into the castle. Later we heard that a special art treasure in the castle was shown to important visitors. Perhaps it was the Amber Room but I never saw it. Then at the end of August. 1944. I heard something explode. When I looked outside I saw that the castle was on fire. The next morning I found some melted pieces of something that looked like honey. Russian soldiers later told me it was amber and it could have come from the Amber Room.