形容词用来修饰、说明名词或不定代词，表示人或物的性质、特征和状态。而副词是用来修饰动词、形 容词、其他副词或整个句子，有时也能修饰名词，表示时间、地点、方式、程度等。何时用形容词何时用副 词是许多同学搞不清楚的地方。一些常见形容词、副词的区别也是高考的一个重点。
分选用形容词和副词 9. He was _____ ill and I was _____ sorry for that. (terrible) 10. It was _____ (extreme) cold that day and the meeting was _____ (especial) important. 11. He is an _____ singer and he sings _____ well. (incredible) Ⅱ. 选择括号内的形容词或副词填空。 The hikers were walking (1.slow/slowly) up the mountain path. Suddenly, they saw a large creature above them. It looked very (2. strange/strangely), with a large head and thick black hair. The creature screamed ( 尖 叫 ) （ 3. loud/loudly. ） It sounded (4.horrible /horribly), like the scream of a mad person. Then the creature ran (5.quick/quickly) behind a rock. When the hikers got there, they saw big footprints in the snow and some black hair on the rocks. The hair was dirty and smelled （6. terrible/terribly）. The hikers (7. careful /carefully) took photos. From that moment they started to feel (8.anxious/anxiously) and they slept (9.bad/badly) that night. When they got back home, they developed (冲洗) the photos. There was nothing there, only snow and rocks! Ⅲ. 单项选择。 1. 【1991 全国】These oranges taste _______. A. good B. well C. to be good D. to be well 2. 【2006 上海春】Some experts think that language learning is much _____ for children as their tongues are more flexible. A. easy B. easier C. easily D. more easily
修饰动词、形容词、副词或整个句子用副词， 这时，副词作状语；作定语、表语和补语时一般用 形容词。 可简单归结为：形作“定表补”；副修“副句形 动”(可谐音记为“付诸行动”)，常做状语。 常见的使用形容词的情况：作表语、定语、补语。 He is a careful boy.（作定语，用形容词） He is careful.（作表语，用形容词） You must keep your eyes closed. （作宾语补足语， 用形容词） 。 常见的使用副词的情况：修饰动词、形容词、副词 和整个句子。 He writes carefully. He walks slowly. (认真地写，慢慢地走，修饰动词用副词) This material is environmentally friendly. （修饰形容词用副词） He runs very slowly. （修饰副词 slowly, 因此 very 是副词） Unfortunately, he lost all of his money. （修饰整个句子用副词） Ⅰ. 用括号内词的形容词或副词形式的适当形式填空, 并说明为什么用这种形式。 1. This math problem is _____ and I can work it out _____.(easy) 2. There was a _____ wind last night, it blew _____.(strong) 3. The boys have a _____ time, they’re playing _____.(happy) 4. The_____ girl sings very _____. (beautiful) 5. “I’ve missed it,” Robert said _____. (angry) 6. _____ （surprising） he returned safe and sound (安 , 然无恙地) the next morning. 7. _____ (hope), he can get on well with all his classmates in the new school. 8. _____, he didn’t fail in the exam.(luck)
3. 【2009 福建】It seems that living green is _____ easy and affordable. A small step makes a big difference. A. exactly B. fortunately C. surprisingly D. hardly 4. —What do you think of the plan? —I feel _____ that we ought to give it up at once. A. strong B. stronger C. strongly D. it strong
5. 【1993 全国】She doesn’t speak _____ her friend, but her written work is excellent. A. as well as B. so often as C. so much as D. as good as 6. 【2004 上海】 speaks English well indeed, but of He course not _____ a native speaker. A. as fluent as B. more fluent than C. so fluently as D. much fluently than 7. 【2006 湖南】Although she did not know Boston well, she made her way _____ to the Home Circle Building. (答疑 qq 329950885) A. easy enough B. enough easy C. easily enough D. enough easily 8. 【2007 上海春】Nowadays the roles of husband and wife are not as _____ defined as before, especially when both partners work and earn money for the family. A. clear B. clearer C. clearly D. more clearly 9. 【2007 浙江】Work gets done _____ when people do it together, and the rewards are higher too. A. easily B. very easy C. more easily D. easier 10. 【2005 上海春】—What a nice fire you have in your fireplace! —During the winter I like my house _____. A. warmly and comfortably B. warm and comfortable C. warm and comfortably D. warmly and comfortable 11. 【2007 上海春】Although the country has had political independence for over a century, _____ it needs the support of its neighbors. A. naturally B. economically C. especially D. luckily 12. _____, the thief didn’t take anything valuable but my notebook. A. Strange it is B. To be strange C. Strangely enough D. It was strange 考点2. 形容词也作状语，但表示主语所处的状态
A. To be tried C. Tiring 考点3.
B. Tired D. Being tired
下列单词以-ly 结尾，但却是形容词而非副词： lively, lonely, lovely, deadly, friendly, ugly, silly, likely, brotherly, timely 等。 考点4. 下列几组词，词尾有无-ly 都可作副词
一些副词有副词原形和以-ly 结尾两种形式。 大多数 情况下，不以-ly 结尾表“具体” ，以-ly 结尾表“抽 象” 。 1. close 与 closely close 意思是“近”; closely 意思是“仔细地，密切 地”。如： He is sitting close to me. Watch him closely. 2. late 与 lately late 意思是“晚”；lately 意思是“最近”。如： What have you been doing lately? 3. deep 与 deeply deep 意思是“深”，表示空间深度；deeply 时常表示 感情上的深度，“深深地”。如： He pushed the stick deep into the mud. Even Father was deeply moved by the film. 4. high 与 highly high 表示空间高度； highly 表示程度， 相当于 much。 如： The plane was flying high. I think highly of your opinion. 5. wide 与 widely wide 表示空间宽度；widely 意思是“广泛地”,“在许 多地方”。如： He opened the door wide. English is widely used in the world. 6. free 与 freely free 的意思是“免费的”；freely 的意思是“无限制 地”。如： You can eat free in my restaurant whenever you like. You may speak freely; say what you like. 5. 【2002 北京】It was raining heavily. Little Mary felt cold, so she stood ______ to her mother. A. close B. closely C. closed D. closing 6. Hold the book ______ please, for I can’t see the words in it clearly. A. more closer B. more closely C. closely D. closer
1. 【2013 上海】 The judges gave no hint of what they thought, so I left the room really ________. A. to be worried B. to worry C. having worried D. worried 2. The old hostess stood _____ for a moment when she saw a beggar appear before her suddenly. A. surprising B. surprised C. surprisedly D. to surprise 3. 【2008 北京】 After the long journey, the three of them went back home, _____. A. hungry and tiredly B. hungry and tired C. hungrily and tiredly D. hungrily and tired 4. 【2009 浙江】_____ and short of breath, Andy and Ruby were the first to reach the top of Mount Tai.
7. Although he was disabled when he was only ten years of age, yet he aimed ______, for which his classmates spoke ______ of him. A. high; high C. highly; high B. highly; highly D. high; highly
第2讲 -ed 形容词与-ing 形容词
-ed 形容词，通常说明人，意为“（某人）感 到……”；-ing 形容词通常说明事物，意为“（某事 物）令人……”或“令人……的（事物）”。 He has a frightened look on his face. 他脸上带有惊 恐的神情。（他感到恐惧） He has a frightening look on his face. 他脸上带着令 人恐惧的神情。 excite 使人兴奋 surprise 使吃惊 amaze 使惊奇 embarrass 使窘迫 frustrate 使沮丧 interest 使感兴趣 thrill 使兴奋 terrify 使恐惧 please 使高兴 satisfy 使满意 frighten 使害怕 tire 使疲倦 bore 使厌烦 relax 使放松 excited 感到兴奋的 exciting 令人兴奋的 surprised 感到吃惊的 surprising 令人吃惊的 amazed 感到惊奇的 amazing 令人惊奇的 embarrassed 感到窘迫的 embarrassing 令人窘迫的 frustrated 感到沮丧的 frustrating 令人沮丧的 interested 感到有兴趣的 interesting 令人感兴趣的 thrilled 感到兴奋的 thrilling 令人兴奋的 terrified 感到恐惧的 terrifying 令人恐惧的 pleased 感到高兴的 pleasing 令人高兴的 satisfied 感到满意的 satisfying 令人满意的 frightened 感到害怕的 frightening 令人害怕的 tired 感到疲倦的 tiring 令人疲倦的 bored 感到厌烦的 boring 令人厌烦的 relaxed 感到放松的 relaxing 令人放松的 练 worry 使忧虑 confuse 使困惑 touch 使感动 disappoint 使失望 shock 使震惊 puzzle 使迷惑 worried 感到忧虑的 worrying 令人忧虑的 confused 感到困惑的 confusing 令人困惑的 touched 感到感动的 touching 令人感动的 disappointed 感到失望的 disappointing 令人失望的 shocked 感到震惊的 shocking 令人震惊的 puzzled 感到迷惑的 puzzling 令人迷惑的
Ⅰ. 用括号内所给动词的-ed 形式或-ing 形式填空。 1. The children were _____ after the trip. (tire) 2. The trip was _____. (tire) 3. The _____ children went to bed early after the trip. (tire) 4. The _____ trip lasted a whole day. (tire) 5. The trip made the children _____. (tire) 6. The bad weather made the trip _____. (tire) 7. Tom’s parents are _____ at his _____ results of the exams. (disappoint) 8. _____ and angry, he left the meeting-room. (disappoint) 9. It is _____ that he didn’t pass the examination. (disappoint) 10. When hearing the _____ news that Michael Jackson passed away, they were _____ to look at each other. (surprise) 11. He was _____ about his _____ son. (worry) 12. I’m not _____ with his interpretation of this sentence. (satisfy) 13. He was _____ with the _____ person. (annoy) 14. A police car appeared on the road, the thief had a _____ look on his face. (frighten) 15. The situation here is _____ and we are _____. (encourage) 16. I find the shopping very _____. I get very _____ in supermarkets. (bore) 17. I am _____ in science. I think it’s very _____.
fascinate 使神魂颠倒 fascinated 感到神魂颠倒的 fascinating 令人神魂颠倒的 annoy 使恼怒 move 使感动 annoyed 感到恼怒的 annoying 令人恼怒的 moved 感到感动的 moving 令人感动的
(interest) 18. I don’t find basketball _____. I only get _____ when I watch football. (excite) 19. He said he was _____ (please) with the progress of economy, but I found some of what he said was _____ (worry). Ⅱ. 单项选择。 1. From his _____ voice on the phone I know everything is going under way. A. satisfactory B. satisfying C. satisfied D. satisfaction 2. 【2002 春】 I’m very _____ with my own cooking. — It looks nice and smells delicious. —Mm, it does have a _____ smell. A. pleasant; pleased B. pleased; pleased C. pleasant; pleasant D. pleased; pleasant 3. 【2003 北京春】Mr. Smith, _____ of the _____ speech, started to read a novel. A. tired; boring B. tiring; bored C. tired; bored D. tiring; boring 4. 【2004 重庆】Laws that punish parents for their little children’s actions against the laws get parents _____.
A. worried C. worrying
B. to worried D. worry
5. He had never spent a ______ day. A. more worry B. most worrying C. more worrying D. more worried 6. 【2006 安徽】 Tom sounds very much ______ in the job, but I’m not sure whether he can manage it. A. interested B. interesting C. interestingly D. interestedly 7. How did you find your visit to the museum? I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was _____ than I expected. A. far more interesting B. even much interested C. so more interesting D. a lot much interested 8. Poor boy! His ______ looks and ______ hands suggested he was very afraid. A. frightful; trembling B. frightened; trembling C. frightening; trembled D. frightened; trembly 9. What seemed most ______ to me was that no one thought of his own safety. A. surprised B. surprise C. surprising D. to surprise
考点1. 副词按意义分类 的特征，如 tall, big, deep, ugly, beautiful 等。大多 数形容词都是静态的。 动态形容词： 描绘的是人或物通过行为活动才 能表现出来的特征。(答疑 qq 329950885)如： adorable, calm, cheerful, generous, gentle, loyal, nice, noisy, playful, reasonable, rude, shy, slow 等。 ① 动态形容词可用于进行时，而静态形容词不可 以。 She is being nice to me.她现在对我很好。 如： 但不可说：She is being tall. ② 动态形容词可用于以动 be 词开头的祈使句，而 静态形容词不可以。例如可以说：Be patient! Be careful! 不可以说：Be tall! ③ 动态形容词可用于使役结构,而静态形容词不可 以。 例如可以说： I persuaded her to be generous. 不可以说： I persuaded her to be pretty. 1. 【2011 全国 I】I wasn’t sure if he was really interested or if he ______ polite. A. was just being B. will just be C. had just been D. would just be 考点3. too, so, how, that, as ﹢形容词﹢a/an﹢名词
① 方式副词 suddenly 突然地 rapidly 迅速地 warmly 热烈地 successfully 成功地 quickly 很快地 ② 地点、方向副词 here 这里 there 那里 away 远离 straight 径直地 outside 在外边 upstairs 上楼
③ 时间副词 now 现在 then 当时 soon 不久 tomorrow 在明天 yesterday 在昨天 ④ 频度副词（又称：频率副词） always 总是 usually 通常 often 经常 sometimes 有时 frequently 频繁地 seldom 很少
⑤ 程度副词 very 非 常 quite 十 分 too 太 pretty 相 当 rather 稍微 extremely 极端地 almost 几乎
静态形容词和动态形容词 静态形容词： 描绘的是人或物在静态下表现出
看下列几个短语： a good boy a hot day a tall tree a beautiful flower a good gift so good a boy too hot a day that tall a tree how beautiful a flower as good a gift 考点4. 形容词顺序 几个并列的形容词作定语， 其语序通常为： 限 定语（the, a, this）+数量词（two）+ 描绘性形容 词(beautiful, good, strong) + size 大、 big） shape （ 小 + （形状 round） age 年龄、 + （ 时间 new, young） color + （颜色）+ origin（国籍、来源）+ material（材料） + purpose（用途目的）+ 名词。如： a heavy black Chinese steel umbrella; the man’s first two interesting little red French oil paintings。 可以按这种方法记忆： 限数描， （大小形状） 形 龄色，国材用。 可以谐音为: 献树苗，形龄色，我才用。（你 向我献树苗， 我要先看一下树苗的大小形状树龄和 颜色，然后再决定我用还是不用。“形”，先“大 小”后“形状”。） 也可以按下面的方法记： 限定 描述 大长高，形状 年龄与新老；
限数 色 描 国 （大小） 材 形 用 龄
可以看出：单个形容词修饰名词，冠词放在形容词 的前面； 如果形容词被 so, too, that, how, as 等词修饰 时，(答疑 qq 329950885)冠词则放在形容词后面。 要掌握下面的同义转换： The boy is so good.= He is so good a boy. What a good boy he is！=How good a boy he is! =I have never seen that good a boy. He is as good as his brother. =He is as good a boy as his brother. The boy is too short to be a basketball player. =He is too short a boy to be a basketball player. 2. Alice was ______ girl to express herself. A. a much too shy B. too much shy a C. so shy a D. much too shy a 3. I’m afraid I’ll turn to Prof. Timlingson. It is ______. A. too difficult a problem B. a too difficult problem C. so difficult problem D. a so difficult problem 4. 【1992 上海】 ______ box cannot be lifted by a boy of five. A. So a heavy B. So heavy a C. A such heavy D. Such heavy 5. 【2003 北京】Our neighbor has ______ ours. A. as a big house as B. as big a house as C. the same big house as D. a house the same big as 6. 【2012 四川】 I make $2,000 a week; 60 surely won’t make ______ difference to me. A. that a big B. a that big C. big a that D. that big a 7. It is generally believed that teaching is ______ it is a science. A. an art much as B. much an art as C. as an art much as D. as much an art as 8. 【1995 全国】Can you believe that in ______ a rich country there should be ______ many poor people? A. such; such B. such; so C. so; so D. so; such 9. 【1998 上海】It is ______ work of art that everyone wants to have a look at it. A. so unusual B. such unusual C. such an unusual D. so an unusual 10. 【2009 上海】The Great Wall is ______ tourist attraction that millions of people pour in every year. A. so a well-known B. a so well-known C. such well-known a D. such a well-known
颜色 国籍 出材料，用途 类别往后靠。 11. He likes going fishing. He usually uses a ______. A. bamboo long fishing pole B. long bamboo fishing pole C. pole long bamboo and fishing D. bamboo fishing long pole 12. 【 1995 全国】 —How was your recent visit to Qingdao? —It was great. We visited some friends, and spent the ______ days at the seaside. A. few last sunny B. last few sunny C. last sunny few D. few sunny last 13. 【2013 上海】It’s a ________ clock, made of brass and dating from the nineteenth century. A. charming French small B. French small charming C. small French charming D. charming small French 14. 【2004 浙江】______ students are required to take part in the boat race. A. Ten strong young Chinese B. Ten Chinese strong young C. Chinese ten young strong D. Young strong ten Chinese 15. 【2004 江苏】 ______ house smells as if it hasn’t The been lived in for years. A. little white wooden B. little wooden white C. white wooden little D. wooden white little 16. 【2005 北京】 This ______ girl is Lind’s cousin. A. pretty little Spanish B. Spanish little pretty C. Spanish pretty little D. little pretty Spanish 考点5. the 加形容词表示一类人
（参看冠词部分 P. 错误！ 未定义书签。 错误！ 未找到引用源。 ） 考点6. a three-year-old girl 有连字符,名词不用复数
He is more of a scholar than a teacher. III. be of+ adj. + 种类、颜色、年龄、形状、价格等
有连字符时，数词和形容词中间的名词用单数。 We’ll have a 30-day-long holiday.此时 day 不能用复 数。 17. 【2010 上海】 It took us quite a long time to get to the amusement park. It was ______ journey. A. three hour B. a three-hours C. a three-hour D. three hours 18. Now he is ______ artist. I have known him since he was ______ one-year-old boy. A. a; an B. a; a C. an; an D. an; a 19. Many students signed up for the ______ race in the sports meeting to be held next week. A. 800-metre-long B. 800 metres long C. 800 metre length D. 800 metres length 考点7. “be of＋名词”表特征
名词是 size, style, price, age, shape, length, depth, color, height, quality 等时，表示不同的人或物的共 同特征，这类名词可用 a, an, the same, different, good 等修饰。 We are both of an age. =We are both of the same age.我们俩同龄。 This one and that one are of a price. =This one and that one are of the same price. 这样东西和那样东西的价格相同。 Coins may be of different shapes. =Coins may be different in shape. 硬币有不同的形状。 Flowers are of many colors. 花的颜色很多。 20. Many people think that English soccer star David Beckham is ______ a pop star ______ a player. A. mainly; than B. more of; than C. either; or D. very much; not 21. You’ll find this map ______ great value in helping you to get around London. A. in B. of C. to D. is 22. 【2011 山东】 am afraid he’s more of a talker than a I doer, which is ______ he never finishes anything. A. that B. when C. where D. why 23. These two Christmas trees are of ___size, but the one they bought yesterday is maybe twice ___size of them. A. the; the B. a; the C. a; a D. the; a
I. be of＋importance/use 等抽象名词 of 后跟名词 value, use, importance, help, interest, benefit, honor, fame, ability, nature, beauty 等时，相 当于名词所对应的形容词，(答疑 qq 329950885)这 类名词可用 no, any, little, much, great 等修饰。如： The book is of great interest. ＝The book is very interesting. The book is of no value. ＝The book is valueless. I want to read something of interest. ＝I want to read something interesting. II. be of＋不定冠词＋可数名词 也相当于形容词，表示具有某方面的品质。 And if poverty is less of a problem and people are better educated, there is a good chance that we will see less violence and fewer wars.
写作专练1. 正确使用形容词和副词相关语法知识 （P. 错误！未定义书签。)
考点1. some 与 any 的特殊用法 You may take any of them.（宾语） ② some 用于单数可数名词前表示“某一”。 Smith went to some place in England.（定语） ③ 在表示请求、 邀请、 征求意见等问句中， some。 用 Would you like some bananas?（邀请） Mum, could you give me some money?(请求) ④ some 和 any 在句中还可作状语，作副词。some 意为“大约”, 相当于“about”; 而 any 则表示程 度，意为“稍，丝毫”, 可以修饰比较级。如：
一般用法： some, any 可与单、 复数可数名词及不可数名词连用。 some 一般用于肯定句，any 多用于疑问、否定或条 件句。 特殊用法： ① any 用于肯定句表示“任何”的意思。 Any child can do that.（定语）
There are some 300 workers on strike. Do you feel any better today? 1. —Would you lend me ______ paper to write on? —Sorry, I haven’t got ______ myself. A. some; any B. any; any C. any; some D. some; some 2. —When shall we meet again? —Make it ______ day you like; It’s all the same to me. A. one B. any C. another D. some 考点2. yes 和 no 要根据实际情况来选择 A. Yes B. No ②— I hear John doesn’t treat his wife well. —______.He thinks she is the loveliest wife in the world. A. Yes B. No 分析：在①中，句子可转换为“他对待妻子是好还是 不好？”。从后文可以看出“不好”。因此选 B。在 ②中，从后文可以看出“他对待妻子肯定很好”，因 此选 A。 3. —She wouldn’t drink her medicine last night, would she? —______. A. No, but I wish she wouldn’t B. No, but I wish she had C. Yes, I wish she drank D. Yes, I wish she could 4. —Don’t go there, it’s too dangerous！ — ______. A. Yes, I won’t B. No, I weren’t C. No, I can’t D. No, I won’t 5. 【2010 四川】 —I’m sorry. That wasn’t of much help. —Oh, ______. As a matter of fact，it was most helpful. A. sure it was B. it doesn’t matter C. of course not D. thanks anyway 6. 【1997 上海】— ______. —Thank you, I certainly will. A. Happy birthday to you B. Let me help you with your math C. Please remember me to your mum D. Don’t forget to post the letter 7. Hasn’t your son graduated from college？ ______ . To find a suitable job isn’t easy nowadays. A. No, get down to it B. No, you hit the point C. Yes, face up to it D. Yes, that’s the problem 8. 【2006 重庆】 —Mr. Gordon asked me to remind you of the meeting this afternoon. Don’t you forget it! —OK, I ______ . A. won’t B. don’t C. will D. do 考点3. no 的特殊用法
yes 和 no 容易用混的情况主要出现在：反义疑问 句中，否定的一般疑问句和对陈述句的评论上。 技巧： 把问题转化为含有(答疑 qq 329950885) “有 没有” “是不是”等的问题，再看是用 yes 还是用 no。 在英语中， 不管用肯定疑问句来问还是用否定疑问 句来问，回答是一样的。 回答时， 前后是一致的， 只能说： 即： Yes, it is. / No, it isn’t. 不会出现：Yes, it isn’t. / No, it is.这样的情 况。 在反义疑问句中: ① —He isn’t from England, is he? —______. He is from London. A. No, he is B. No, he isn’t C. Yes, he is D. Yes, he isn’t ② —He is from England, isn’t he? — ______. He is from London. A. No, he is B. No, he isn’t C. Yes, he is D. Yes, he isn’t 分析：两个句子都可转换为“他是不是英国人？” 。从 后文“来自伦敦”可以看出“是英国人” 。因此都选 择 C。 在否定的疑问句中： ①—Haven’t you been to Hong Kang? —______. I went there last year. A. Yes, I have B. No, I have C. Yes, I haven’t D. No, I haven’t ②—Have you been to Hong Kong? —______. I went there last year. A. Yes, I have B. No, I have C. Yes, I haven’t D. No, I haven’t 分析：首先排除矛盾选项 B 和 C。两句都可转换为 “你是不是去过香港？”。 从后文中可以看出是“去 过”。因此都要选肯定回答 A。 在对陈述句的评论中： ①— I hear John doesn’t treat his wife well. —______.He often beats her.
① no 修饰名词，相当于 not a 或 not any。 作形容词修饰名词单数时，等于 not… a; 修饰可 数名词复数或不可数名词时等于 not… any. I have no pen. = I don’t have a pen. I have no pens. = I don’t have any pens. I have no money. = I don’t have any money. 可以看出：名词前没有 a, any 时，用 no 构成否 定；名词前有 a, any 时，用 not 构成否定。 另外，no A or B = no A and no B。 I have no pen or paper.= I have no pen and no paper. 9. As I know, there is ______ car in this neighborhood. A. no such B. no a C. not such D. no such a
10. 【2010 重庆】 Everything comes with ______ price; there is no such ______ thing as free lunch in the world. A. a; a B. the; / C. /; the D. a; / ② no 修饰比较级，译为“……不到哪儿去”。（参 看 P. 错误！ 未定义书签。 错误！ 未找到引用源。 ） He is no taller than him.他比他高不到哪儿去。 （他和他一样矮） My English is no better than yours. 我的英语比你的好不到哪儿去。（一样差） ③ 用于表示惊奇、怀疑或不信。 He left yesterday. No. 他昨天走了，不会吧！ ④ no ＝not at all，意思是“完全不是，绝不是”。 His father is no teacher. 他的父亲绝不是教师。 It is no easy task. 这根本不是轻而易举的工作。 It is no joke. 这绝不是开玩笑的事。 ⑤ 在“no＋动名词”的省略句中，表示“禁止，不准” 的意思。 No smoking！禁止吸烟！ No spitting on the floor！不要随地吐痰！ ⑥ 用于 there is no+v-ing（动名词）的结构中。(参 看 P. 错误！ 未定义书签。 错误！ 未找到引用源。 )。 意为“丝毫不能；简直没有办法”。如： There is no denying his honesty. 他的诚实是丝毫不可否认的。 There is no saying what may happen. 简直不知道今后会发生什么事。 ⑦ 用作名词，有单、复数之分，意为“不；否定”。 Once he had made up his mind to do something, he would not take “no” for an answer. 一旦他决定做某事，别人就是再说也没有用。 考点4. enough, else, present 的位臵
A. a long enough holiday B. an enough long holiday C. a holiday enough long D. a long holiday enough 14. 【2011 浙江】 Since people are fond of humor, it is as welcome in conversation as ______ else. A. anything B. something C. anywhere D. somewhere 考点5. more than 的用法
I. “more than＋名词”表示“不仅仅是”。 Modern science is more than a large amount of information. Jason is more than a lecturer; he is a writer, too. We need more than material wealth to build our country.建设我们国家，不仅仅需要物质财富。 II. “more than＋形容词”等于“很”或“非常”的意思。 In doing scientific experiments, one must be more than careful with the instruments. We will be more than glad /happy /willing to help you in any way we can. She is more than pleased with her daughter’s performance.她对她女儿的表演很高兴。 She was more than satisfied with this result. 她对这个结果非常满意。 I am more than thankful to you. 我对你非常感激。 III. more than + (that)从 句， 其 基 本意 义是 “ 超 过 （over）”, 但可译成“简直不”,“远非”, “难以”， “完全不能” 其 （ 后通常连用情态动词 can）。 That is more than I can understand. 那非我所能懂的。 That is more than I can tell. 那事我实在不明白。 The heat there was more than he could stand. 那儿的炎热程度是他所不能忍受的。 15. 【2007 福建】—Do you need any help, Lucy? —Yes. The job is ______ I could do myself. A. less than B. more than C. no more than D. not more than 16. —Do you like cats? —Of course. They are ______ a kind of pet. They can do much good for their masters. A. better than B. more than C. no more than D. no better than 17. —Was he pleased to hear the news? —______ pleased, even excited. A. No more than B. More than C. More D. More or less
enough 修饰形容词和副词时放在所修饰词之 后, 修饰名词时有时放在所修饰词之前, 有时放在 所修饰词之后。 (答疑 qq 329950885)else 常放在不定 代词和疑问词之后。present 做“出席”讲是形容词, 要放在所修饰词之后。精品-高中英语语法通霸-3.形 容词和副词常考点区别用法分类专项总结归纳讲解 与高考真题练习题及答案.doc 11. 【2000 全国】______ to take this adventure course will certainly learn a lot of useful skills. A. Brave enough students B. Enough brave students C. Students brave enough D. Students enough brave 12. 【2002 北京】All the people ______ at the party were his supporters. A. present B. thankful C. interested D. important 13. 【1998 全国】If I had ______, I’d visit Europe, stopping at the small interesting places.
考点6. anyway，anyhow 不管怎样；尽管这样 Whatever else is happening( 不 管 怎 样 ); not considering other things (尽管这样)。 Of course I don’t mind taking you home—I’m going that way anyway. 当然我不介意带你回家， 不管怎样我都会那样做的。 Her parents were opposed to her giving up her course, but she did it anyway. 她的父母亲反对她放弃她的课程， 尽管这样， 她还 是放弃了。 18. 【 2006 湖 北 】 I’m certain David’s told you his business troubles. ______, it’s no secret that he owes a lot of money to the bank. A. However B. Anyway C. Therefore D. Though 19. I might fail, but ______ I insist on doing it. I don’t mind. A. however B. anyhow C. yet D. meanwhile 20. 【2013 江西】What a terrible experience ! ______, you’re safe now —that’s the main thing. A. Anyway B. Besides C. Otherwise D. Therefore 考点7. however 不过，但是 a disadvantage A. Besides C. Therefore B. However D. Instead
22. 【2012 安徽】Queen Elizabeth Ⅱis often thought to be the richest woman in the world. ______, her personal wealth seems rather small. A. Besides B. Otherwise C. However D. Altogether 考点8. therefore (参看 P. 错误！未定义书签。错误！ 未找到引用源。) besides, what’s more 而且
多用于列举时，是一种“加”的关系 23. 【2004 安徽】—Do you think I should get a good guidebook? —Yes, of course. ______, you also need a good camera and comfortable shoes. A. What’s more B. In other words C. By the way D. All in all 24. 【2005 浙江】 Maggie has been fortunate to find a job she loves and, ______, she gets well paid for it. A. sooner or later B. what’s more C. as a result D. more or less 25. 【2012 湖南】Bicycling is good exercise; ______, it does not pollute the air. A. nevertheless B. besides C. otherwise D. therefore
21. 【2012 天津】The dog may be a good companion for the old. ______, the need to take it for walks may be
这个女孩有一个快乐的童年。 To have a pleasant holiday is my favorite. 过一个愉快的假期是我最喜欢的。 考点3. living, alive 与 live
late 和 later
He is late. He is half an hour late. Three minutes later, he arrived. It will be rainy later on. 考点2. pleased, pleasing 与 pleasant
pleased 的含义是“感到满意，高兴”，后常跟介词 at, with。如： I’m pleased to see you here.在这儿见到你很高兴。 She’s pleased with our programme. 她对我们的节目很满意。 pleasing 表 示 “ 令 人 欣 喜 的 ” ， 相 当 于 “ giving pleasure”。如： My sister’s progress in dancing is pleasing. 我姐姐在舞蹈方面的进步令人高兴。 The baby has a pleasing voice. 这个婴儿的声音很悦耳。 pleasant 表示“快乐的，愉快的”。如： The girl has a pleasant childhood.
living 作定语时， 既可臵于所修饰的名词之前， 也可 臵于所修饰的名词之后，译为“活着的,当代的”。 在句中充当定语及表语。如： He is the greatest living writer in America. 他是当今美国最伟大的作家。 Not all living things live on sunlight. 并非所有的生物都依赖阳光生存。 My grandparents are still living. 我的祖父母仍然健在。 alive 译为“活着的”，可以在句中作表语及定语。 作定语时， (答疑 qq 329950885)位于它所修饰的名词 之后。如： He may be the busiest person alive. 他可能是世上最忙的人了。 Is that sheep dead or alive?
那头羊是死了还是活着？ alive 还有“活泼的，活动的，有生机的”之意。如： You seem very much alive today. 你今天看起来很活跃。 live 表示“活着的”，做“现场直播”讲时可以用 作形容词、副词，在句子中可以作定语、表语。 Have you seen a live whale? 你见过活的鲸鱼吗？ The programme is live. /The programme is broadcast live. 这个节目是现场直播的。 1. —What a pity! I’ve not got a ticket for the football match. —Don’t worry. It’ll be broadcast ______. A. live B. lively C. alive D. living 考点4. big 与 large
2. 【济南统考】 Oh, boy, why are you killing your time this way? Can’t you find something ______ doing at all? A. useful B. valuable C. worth D. good 考点6. ago 与 before
ago 表示以现在为起点的“以前”；before 指以 过去或将来的某时刻为起点的“以前”。 泛指“以前” 用 before 而不用 ago。 He came here three days ago. He said he had come three days before. 考点7. too, also 与 either
big 用得比较广泛，可以与 large 换用，另外还可以 表示“伟大”、“巨大”、“重要”之意。large 着 重指“体积，容积”之大。如： There is a large garden in our town. 我们镇上有一个大花园。 Is there a big tree in front of your house? 你的房子前有一棵大树吗？ It’s said that he is a big man.据说他是一个大人物。 考点5. worth, worthy 与 worthwhile
too 和 also 用于肯定句、 疑问句， 多用于口语， too also 多用于书面语；either 用于否定句。too 常用 在句末，also 常用在句中。 3. 【1983 全国】—I haven’t been to Guilin yet. —I haven’t been there, ______. A. too B. also C. either D. neither 4. 【2013 福建】A society cannot be successful if it throws tradition away, but it cannot be successful ______if we do something to stop progress. A. either B. neither C. too D. also 考点8. good 与 well
worth 意为“值得的”，后接 v-ing 形式，构成“be worth doing” 结构， 也可接表示价格的名词及钱数。 worthy 意为 “值得的” 后接 ， “of+名词 （或 being+ 过去分词）”，构成“be worthy of+名词（或 being done）”结构或“be worthy to be done”结构。如： The book is well worth reading. 这本书很值得一读。 This coat is worth one hundred yuan. 这件上衣价值一百元。 This problem is worthy of being discussed. 这个问题值得讨论。 The land is worthy to be used. 这块地值得开发。 worthwhile 意为“付出时间、金钱或努力是值得 的”。可以作表语、定语、补语；it 作形式主语时， 后面真正主语可以用不定式也以可用动名词。如： She considers teaching a worthwhile career. If you need him on this project, you’ve got to make it financially worthwhile for him It is worthwhile buying the dictionary. It is worthwhile to discuss the plan again. worthwhile (答疑 qq 329950885)也可分开写， 此时， 中间也可加上物主代词。如： I’d think it worth while to go. 我认为值得去。 Would you like to do some gardening for me? I’ll make it worth your while.
good 是形容词。 well 一般用作副词， 作形容词时， 只能在系动词后作表语，表示“身体状况好”。 5. 【1993 全国】—Mum, I think I’m ______ to get back to school. —Not really, my dear. You’d better stay at home for another day or two. A. so well B. so good C. well enough D. good enough 考点9. real 与 true
形容词表“真的”。real 强调真实存在的而不是幻想 的，在句中常作定语；true 指与事实标准和实际情 况相符合，在句中作表语或定语。 考点10. hard 与 difficult 均表“困难”，但 hard 通常指体力上困难，difficult 则指智力或技能上的困难，困难程度大于 hard。它 们都可作定语或表语。 The exam is difficult. It’s hard work. 考点11. likely 与 possible, probable likely 的主语可以是 it 也可以是名词或其他代词， 而 possible 和 probable 只能用 it 作主语。 6. This strange grass never seen before seems ______ to be a new plant. A. likely B. possibly C. probably D. particularly
7. The early train is ______ to leave at five in the morning. A. possible B. due C. probable D. sure 8. 【2010 陕西】Studies show that people are more ______ to suffer from back problems if they always sit before computer screens for long hours. A. likely B. possible C. probable D. sure 考点12. most 与 mostly most 作形容词或代词， most students, most 如： of us。mostly 为副词，表示大部分情况下，或成分 中的大部分。 9. He enjoys a cup of coffee sometimes, but ______ he drinks tea. A. most B. almost C. nearly D. mostly 10. Football fans are ______ young people between the ages of fifteen and twenty. A. most B. almost C. mostly D. at most 11. She smiled to the people around but ______ look straight ahead, getting hold of her husband’s hand. A. most B. almost C. mostly D. nearly 12. The winners are ______ children brought up in the country. A. almost B. mostly C. most D. nearly 考点13. little, a little, few, a few little, a little 修饰不可数名词， 和 a few 修饰 few 可数名词。要注意： ① little, few 表示否定，a little, a few 表示肯定；表 明的是说话者的态度。 如：你口袋里有 10 元钱，别人想问你借钱： Could you lend me some money? 愿意借时，你可以说： I have a little. I can lend you some. 不愿意借时，你可以说： I have little money with me. ② only 后只能跟 a little 和 a few; only a little＝little; only a few＝few。 ③ the first/last/next 后只能跟 few，不能跟 a few。 我们可以说 the next few days，但不能说 the next a few days。 ④ little 的比较级是 less，最高级是 least； few 的比较级是 fewer，最高级是 fewest。 13. 【1989 全国】 This year they have produced ______ grain ______ they did last year. A. as less; as B. as few; as C. less; than D. fewer; than 14. 【2006 全国 2】 used to earn ______ than a pound I a week when I first started work. A. a little B. a few C. fewer D. less 15. 【2006 辽宁】I hear ______ boys in your school like playing football in their spare time, though others prefer basketball. A. quite a lot B. quite a few C. quite a bit D. quite a little 16. 【2007 北京】He has made a lot of films, but ______ good ones. A. any B. some C. few D. many 17. 【2011 上海】 When Mom looked back on the early days of their marriage, she wondered how they had managed with ______ money. A. so few B. such few C. so little D. such little 18. 【2013 江西】There are a small number of people involved, possibly ______ twenty. A. as few as B. as little as C. as many as D. as much as
考点1. 修饰可数名词、不可数名词、既可修饰可数 又可修饰不可数名词的短语（参看 P. 错误！ 未定义书签。错误！未找到引用源。 ） many more + 名词，much more + 名词，与 another This book is more interesting than that one. 这本书比那本书有趣。 This book is much more interesting than that one. 这本书比那本有趣得多。 前五个句子中的 more 和后两个句子中的 more 有什 么不同？ （前五句中的 more 后面是名词， 不是构成形容词的 比较级。而后两句中的 more 后面是多音节形容词， 是构成比较级。 ） 如果把前五句中的 more 去掉后就构成了 many /three /a few chairs 和 some /much meat。
We need many more chairs. 我们还需要许多椅子。 We need three more chairs. 我们还需要三张椅子。 We need a few more chairs. 我们还需要几张椅子。 We need some more meat. 我们还需要一些肉。 We need much more meat. 我们还需要很多肉。
因此我们可以看出，more 在这里是形容词，用在名 词和它的数量修饰语中间，表示在原来基础上“还， 额外” 。因此，在这种情况下 more 前用 many, a few 还是用 much, a little 取决于后面的名词是可数还是 不可数。 此时可以与 another 互换用。如： We have forty chairs now, but we still need five more chairs. We have forty chairs now, but we still need another five chairs. 1. Some fish are dead in this lake and ______ more are sick. A. much B. many C. a little D. a bit 2. 【2006 全国 3】—Did you take enough money with you? —No, I needed _______ I thought I would. A. not so much as B. as much as C. much more than D. much less than 3. 【2007 安徽】The school’ s music group will be giving a big show tomorrow night and two ______ on the weekend. A. more B. other C. else D. another 4. 【2000 全国】If you want to change for a double room you’ll have to pay ______ $ 15. A. another B. other C. more D. each 5. 【2012 北京】Many people have donated that type of blood; however, the blood bank needs ______. A. some B. less C. much D. more 考点3. as many as, as much as; as far as, as long as
9. In the summer months the difference in temperature between London and the north can be ______ nine degrees. A. as much as B. as many as C. as long as D. as far as 10. I had invited 50 guests to the party, but actually twice ______ came. A. more than B. as many C. as much D. less than 11. 【2008 浙江】 I like this jacket better than that one, but it costs almost three times ______. A. as much B. as many C. so much D. so many 此类词组还有： as long as＋数字＋名词 (长达……)； as wide as＋数字＋名词 (宽达……)； as high as＋数字＋名词 (高达……)； as early as＋数字＋名词 (早在……)； as late as＋数字＋名词 (迟在……)等。 I have been learning English (for) as long as 15 years. He came home as late as two in the morning. I saw your brother as late as last week. The river is as wide as 100 meters. I mailed the letter as early as Friday. 12. 【 2010 上 海 】 In ancient times, people rarely travelled long distances and most farmers only travelled ______ the local market. A. longer than B. more than C. as much as D. as far as 13. 【2003 上海】After supper she would sit down by the fire, sometimes for ______ an hour, thinking of her young and happy days. A. as long as B. as soon as C. as much as D. as many as 14. 【 2003 上 海 】 —How far apart do they live? —______ I know, they live in the same neighborhood. A. As long as B. As far as C. As well as D. As often as 15. 【2004 安徽春】______ I can see, there is only one possible way to keep away from the danger. A. As long as B. As far as C. Just as D. Even if 16. 【2005 安徽】John is the tallest boy in the class, ______ according to himself. A. five foot eight as tall as B. as tall as five foot eight C. as five foot eight tall as D. as tall five foot eight as 17. 【2005 湖南】The more I think about him, the more reasons I find for loving him ______ I did. A. as much as B. as long as C. as soon as D. as far as
用 many 还是用 much 关键是看所描述名词本身 的性质而不是量词的单复数。 ① as much as + 不可数名词数量。 Each stone weighs as much as fifteen tons. She could earn as much as ten dollars a week. He weighs as much as 100kg. ② as many as + 可数名词数量,“多达”。 I have as many as sixteen reference books. As many as 100 people were killed in the air crash. （链接：so little /few / many/ much 参看 P. 错误！未定 义书签。错误！未找到引用源。） 6. Sorry I haven’t been able to do ______ I should. A. as many as B. as much as C. as far as D. more than 7. ______ 1, 000 people were killed in the battle. A. As much as B. As many as C. As long as D. As far as 8. We need ______ $10,000 now. A. as much as B. as many as C. as long as D. as far as
18. 【2006 上海】A typhoon swept across the area with heavy rains and winds ______ strong as 113 miles per hour. A. too B. very C. so D. as 考点4. no more than 与 no less than， not more than 21. I had been to Beijing long ______ you visited it. A. before B. till C. after D. when 22. He will pass two milestones ______, that is, he will receive his master’s degree and find a challenging job. A. long ago B. not long ago C. before long D. long before 考点6. too much 与 much too
① no more than =only“不超过，只有，仅仅，只不 过”, 暗含有“少”的意思，有主观意味。 There are no more than a hundred people in the hall. 大厅里只有 100 人。 ② not more than=at the most“不超过，至多”，只 是客观描述。如： There are not more than a hundred people in the hall. 大厅里不超过 100 人。 ③ no less than “多达， 不少于” 暗含有“多”的意思， , 有主观意味。 He made no less than￡500. 他赚了多达五百英镑的钱。 He walks no less than five miles to school. 他上学至少要走五英里。 19. I’m glad to say that he’s already finished _____ 50% of the book in these three days. A. no less than B. no more than C. not more than D. much less than 考点5. before long 与 long before
这两个词组重心都在第二个词上。much too 意为 “太” ，修饰形容词和副词，用法相当于“too”； 而 too much 在用法上相当于“much”，修饰不可 数名词。 23. 【1995 上海】 was ______ late to catch a bus after It the party, therefore we called a taxi. A. too very B. much too C. too much D. far 24. 【2003 全国】Allen had to call a taxi because the box was ______ to carry all the way home. A. much too heavy B. too much heavy C. heavy too much D. too heavy much 25. 【2009 全国 II】 high time you had your hair cut; It’s it’s getting ______. A. too much long B. much too long C. long too much D. too long much 考点7. not a little, not a bit
before long 是副词短语， 意为“不久”, 近义于 soon。 long before 用法有两种情况： ① before 引导时间状语从句， 表示 “在……之前” , 而 long 修饰(答疑 qq 329950885)这个时间状语从 句， 表示“在这之前很久就……” 。如： He had left here before I came. 在我来之前他就走了。 He had left here long before I came. 在我来之前很早他就走了。 ② long before 是一个副词短语， 意为 “很久以前” 。 She said she had seen the film long before. 她说她很久以前就看过这部电影。 20. I had worked here ______ you came here. But I shall leave for England ______. A. before long; before long B. before long; long before C. long before; before long D. long before; long before
not a little, 非常，相当于 much； not a bit, 一点也不。 26. His voice was quite ordinary, and not ______ angry. A. a little B. very much C. a bit D. plenty of 27. 【2011 江西】—The film is, I have to say, not a bit interesting. —Why? It’s ______ than the films I have ever seen. A. far more interesting B. much less interesting C. no more interesting D. any less interesting
写作专练2. 正确使用一些常用的形容词、副词或词组 （P. 错误！未定义书签。)
考点1. 2006 年以前 engineer. A. main B. major C. chief D. primary
1. The new research team was led by the ______
2. — Why did she spend so much time searching shop
after shop for a blouse? — Oh, she was very ______ about her clothes. A. special B. particular C. especial D. unusual 3. It’s very ______ to let the old have seats on the bus. A. thoughtful B. useful C. careful D. funny 4. She was robbed of her handbag with the ______ sum of $5,000 in it. A. extraordinary B. important C. considerable D. valuable 5. —Haven’t they apologized to you yet? —No explanation was offered, ______ an apology! A. still less B. neither C. not D. or rather 6. —Dr. White has got plenty of information about UFO. He’s promised to offer it to me. —I have as much. Would you like to have mine ______? A. as well B. as possible C. so far D. if so 7. Li Ping is the ______ man I want to see. A. last B. laster C. lastest D. latter 8. The patient is supposed to go to the hospital for ______ checks. A. common B. normal C. regular D. usual 9. Nuclear science should be developed to benefit the people ______ harm them. A. more than B. rather than C. other than D. better than 10. A ______ man came to see you this morning. But I don’t know him. A. sure B. surely C. certainly D. certain 11. The Chinese Educational Department suggests teachers should receive ______ education to catch up with the ______ development. A. farther; late B. farther; later C. further; lately D. further; latest 12. He was the ______ at that moment. A. only awake person B. only person awake C. awake only person D. person only awake 13. What he has done is far from ______. A. satisfactory B. satisfied C. satisfaction D. satisfy 14. 【2001 北京春】I am surprised that you should have been fooled by such a（an）______ trick. A. ordinary B. easy C. smart D. simple 15. 【2004 天津】Mr. Smith used to smoke ______ but he has given it up. A. seriously B. heavily C. badly D. hardly 16. 【2004 上海春】 The elderly need special care in winter, as they are ______ to the sudden change of weather A. sensitive B. sensible C. flexible D. positive 17. 【2004 广西】When we plan our vacation, mother often offers ______ suggestions. A. careful B. practical C. effective D. acceptable 18. 【2005 福建】 ―Why didn’t you buy the camera you had longed for? ―I had planned to, but I was ￡50 ______. A. fewer B. less C. cheap D. short 19. 【2005 上海】There was such long queue for coffee at the interval that we ______ gave up. A. eventually B. unfortunately C. generously D. purposefully 20. 【2005 浙江】 mother always gets a bit ______ if My we don’t arrive when we say we will. A. anxious B. ashamed C. weak D. patient 21. 【2006 上海春】Small cars are ______ of fuel, so they have more appeal for consumers. A. free B. short C. typical D. economical 22. 【2006 江苏】 —Are you going to have a holiday this year? —I’d love to. I can’t wait to leave this place ______. A. off B. out C. behind D. over 23. 【2006 浙江】Letterboxes are much more ______ in the UK than in the US, where most people have a mailbox instead. A. common B. normal C. ordinary D. usual 24. 【2006 江西】Attention, coffee lovers! We have for you, the best coffee machine ______ invented. A. ever B. already C. even D. now 考点2. 2007 至 2009
1. 【2007 上海】John was dismissed last week because of his ______ attitude towards his job. A. informal B. casual C. determined D. earnest 2. 【2007 湖北】He began to take political science ______ only when he left school. A. strictly B. truly C. carefully D. seriously 3. 【2007 湖北】This magazine is very ______ with young people, who like its content and style. A. familiar B. popular C. similar D. particular 4. 【2007 湖南】It’s hard for him playing against me. I’ve got nothing to play for, but for him, he needs to win so ______.
A. far B. well C. little D. badly 5. 【2007 天津】A new ______ bus service to Tianjin Airport started to operate two months ago. A. normal B. usual C. regular D. common 6. 【2007 天津】The final score of the basketball match was 93—94. We were only ______ beaten. A. nearly B. slightly C. narrowly D. lightly 7. 【2008 江西 】Jack is late again. It is ___ of him to keep others waiting. A. normal B. ordinary C. common D. typical 8. 【2008 山东 】Would it be ______ for you to pick me up at four o’clock and take me to the airport? A. free B. vacant C. handy D. convenient 9. 【2009 四川】Ladies and gentlemen, please remain ______ until the plane has come to a complete stop. A. seated B. seating C. to seat D. seat 10. 【2009 天津】The art show was ______ being a failure; it was a great success. A. far from B. along with C. next to D. regardless of 11. 【 2009 辽 宁 】 Usually John would be late for meetings. But this time, ______ to my surprise, he arrived on time. A. little B. much C. ever D. even 12. 【2009 浙江】The incomes of skilled workers went up. ______, unskilled workers saw their earnings fall. A. Moreover B. Therefore C. Meanwhile D. Otherwise 13. 【2009 浙江】John is very ______—if he promises to do something he’ll do it . A. independent B confident C. reliable D. flexible 14. 【2009 浙江】In the good care of the nurses, the boy is ______ recovering from his heart operation. A. quietly B. actually C. practically D. gradually 15. 【2009 湖北】As there is less and less coal and oil, scientists are exploring new ways of making use of ______ energy, such as sunlight, wind and water for power and fuel. A. primary B. alternative C. instant D. unique 16. 【2009 湖北】The questionnaire takes ______ ten to fifteen minutes to complete and can be used along with the assessment interview. A. mainly B. punctually C. approximately D. precisely 17. 【2009 全国 II】I’m sure that your letter will get ______ attention. They know you’re waiting for the reply. A. continued B. immediate C. careful D. general 18. 【2009 江苏】 This special school accepts all disabled students, ______ educational level and background. A. according to B. regardless of C. in addition to D. in terms of 19. 【2009 天津】It was a nice house, but ______ too small for a family of live. A. rarely B. fairly C. rather D. pretty 20. 【2009 天津】I’m not surprised that he became a writer. Even as a child he had a ______ imagination. A. clear B. cautious C. funny D. vivid 考点3. 2010 至 2013
1. 【2010 福建】Drunk driving, which was once a ______ occurrence, is now under control. A. general B. frequent C. normal D. particular 2. 【2010 福建】—Volunteering is becoming ______ popular in China. —Yeah, people are now aware that helping others is helping themselves. A. naturally B. successfully C. splendidly D. increasingly 3. 【2010 湖北】In this lecture, I can only give you a purely ______ view of how we can live life to the full and make some suggestions about the future. A. private B. personal C. unique D. different 4. 【2010 湖北】 Mistakes don’t just happen; they occur for a reason. Find out the reason, and then making the mistake become ______. A. favorable B. precious C. essential D. worthwhile 5. 【2010 湖北】If I find someone who looks like the suspect, my ______ reaction will be to tell the police. A. physical B. immediate C. sensitive D. sudden 6. 【2010 湖北】I wasn’t blaming anyone; I ______ said errors like this could be avoided. A. merely B. mostly C. rarely D. nearly 7. 【2010 山东】 Mothers holding jobs outside the home should have ______ schedules to make it easier to care for their children. A. heavy B. smooth C. flexible D. complex 8. 【2010 浙江】I have been convinced that the print media are usually more ______ and more reliable than television. A. accurate B. ridiculous C. urgent D. shallow
9. 【2011 湖北】 unhappy childhood may have some An negative effects on a person’s character; however, they are not always ______. A. practical B. avoidable C. permanent D. beneficial 10. 【2011 江苏】In that school, English is compulsory for all students, but French and Russian are ______. A. special B. regional C. optional D. original 11. 【2011 浙江】I’ve been writing this report ______ for the last two weeks, but it has to be handed in tomorrow. A. finally B. immediately C. occasionally D. certainly 12. 【2011 浙江】 schedule is very ______ right now, My but I’ll try to fit you in. A. tight B. short C. regular D. flexible 13. 【2011 浙江】 The professor could tell by the ______ look in Maria’s eyes that she didn’t understand a single word of his lecture. A. cold B. blank C. innocent D. fresh 14. 【2011 福建】Nowadays, there is a ______ increase in children’s creativity, for they are greatly encouraged to develop their talents. A. sharp B. slight C. natural D. modest 15. 【2012 辽宁】 used to see each other ______, but We I haven’t heard from him since last year. A. especially B. regularly C. particularly D. approximately 16. 【2012 福建】Anyone, whether he is an official or a bus driver, should be ______ respected. A. especially B. equally C. naturally D. normally 17. 【2012 福建】—Can you lend me the book Gone with the Wind? — Sorry. I returned it to the library just now. Maybe it is still ______. A. available B. affordable C. acceptable D. valuable 18. 【2012 山东】Be ______—you can’t expect me to finish all this work in so little time. A. reasonable B. confident C. creative D. grateful 19. 【2012 浙江】The research lacks ______ evidence , and therefore , its conclusions are doubtful. A. solid B. fierce C. severe D. potential 20. 【 2013 福 建 】 The Forbidden City attracts a ______stream of visitors every day, especially during national holidays. A. constant B. main C. powerful D. shallow 21. 【2013 福建】Those poor and needy teenagers were excited to find a shop at the corner where they could buy ______ priced bikes. A. competitively B. recently C. reasonably D. affordably 22. 【2013 辽宁】 Everything seemed to be going ______ for the first two days after I moved to New York. A. vividly B. generally C. frequently D. smoothly 23. 【 2013 浙 江 】 Mary worked here as a ______secretary and ended up getting a full-time job with the company. A. pessimistic B. temporary C. previous D. cautious 24. 【2013 浙江】 we leave right away, ______ we will If arrive on time. A. hopefully B. curiously C. occasionally D. gradually 25. 【2013 浙江】If what your friend comes up with surprises you, don’t reject it immediately. ______, imagine that it is true. A. Thus B. Besides C. Rather D. Otherwise
第1讲 形容词和副词的选用 Ⅰ.1. easy, easily。前面作表语用形容词，后面修饰动词 work out，用副词。 2. strong, strongly。前面作定语用形容词，后面修饰动词 blew，用副词。 3. happy, happily。(答疑 qq 329950885)前面作 time 的定语用形容词，后面修饰动词 play，用副词。 4. beautiful, beautifully。前面 girl 的定语用形容词，后面修饰动词 sings，用副词。 5. angrily。修饰动词 said 用副词。 6. Surprisingly。修饰整个句子，指他安然无恙地到家这个事令人吃惊。 7. Hopefully。修饰整个句子，指“但愿，希望，可能这样”。 8. Luckily。修饰整个句子，指他通过这次考试很幸运。 9. terribly, terribly。修饰形容词 ill 和 sorry 用副词。 10. extremely, especially。修饰形容词 cold 和 important 用副词。 11. incredible，incredibly。前面作定语用形容词，后面修饰副词 well 用副词。 Ⅱ. 1. slowly 2. strange 3. loudly 5. quickly 6. terrible 7. carefully 9. badly Ⅲ. 1. 6. A C 2. 7. B C 3. 8. C C 4. 9. C C 4.horrible 8.anxious 5. A
考点 2 和考点 3 1. 6. 第2讲 -ed 形容词与-ing 形容词 Ⅰ. 1. tired 2. tiring 3. tired 4.tiring 5. tired 6.tiring 7.disappointed; disappointing 8. disappointed 9. disappointing 10. surprising; surprised 11. worried; worrying 12.satisfied 13. annoyed; annoying 14. frightened 15. encouraging; encouraged 16.boring; bored 17. interested, interesting 18. exciting; excited 19. pleased; worrying Ⅱ. 1. C 2. 7. D A 3. 8. A B 4. 9. A C 5. C 6. A D D 2. 7. B D 3. B 4. B 5. A
第3讲 其他相关考点 1. 6. 11. 16. 21. A D B A B 2. 7. 12. 17. 22. D D B C D 3. 8. 13. 18. 23. A B D D B 4. 9. 14. 19. B C A A 5. 10. 15. 20. B D A B
第4讲 几个常用形容词、副词的用法 1. 6. 11. 16. 21. A C C B B 2. 7. 12. 17. 22. B D A B C 3. 8. 13. 18. 23. B A A B A 4. 9. 14. 19. 24. D A C B B 5. 10. 15. 20. 25. A D B A B
第5讲 几组常考形容词、副词的区别 1. 6. 11. 16. A A C C 2. 7. 12. 17. C B B C 3. 8. 13. 18. C A C A 4. 9. 14. A D D 5. 10. 15. C C B
第6讲 几组常考形容词、副词词组的区别 1. 6. 11. 16. 21. 26. 第7讲 近几年高考题选 2006 年以前 1. 6. 11. 16. 21. 2007 至 2009 1. 6. 11. 16. 2010 至 2013 1. 6. 11. 16. 21. B A C B D 2. 7. 12. 17. 22 D C A A D 3. 8. 13. 18. 23 B A B A B 4. 9. 14. 19. 24 D C A A A 5. 10. 15. 20. 25 B C B A C B C B C 2. 7. 12. 17. D D C B 3. 8. 13. 18. B D C B 4. 9. 14. 19. D A D C 5. 10. 15. 20. C A B D C A D A D 2. 7. 12. 17. 22. B A B B C 3. 8. 13. 18. 23. A C A D A 4. 9. 14. 19. 24. C B D A A 5. 10. 15. 20. A D B A B B A B A C 2. 7. 12. 17. 22. 27. C B D A C A 3. 8. 13. 18. 23. A A A D B 4. 9. 14. 19. 24. A A B A A 5. 10. 15. 20. 25. D B B C B