厦门六中 2013—2014 学年下学期高一期中考试 英 语 试 卷
（满分：150 分 考试时间：120 分钟 ） 第一卷(89 分) I. 听力理解（共二节，共 20 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 第一节（共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 5 分）请听下面 5 段对话，选出最佳选项。每段对 话仅读一遍。 1. What will Tony do afte
r school? A. Play basketball. B. Watch TV. C. See a film. 2. How much should the man pay for the jacket? A.60 dollars. B.100 dollars. C. 120 dollars. 3. Where is the man going? A. To the library. B. To the department store. C. To the computer store. 4. Why does the man want to go to America? A. He wants to visit some places of interest. B. He wants to visit his brother. C. He wants to improve his English. 5.How will they go there? A. By bus B. By subway C. By car 第二节（共 15 小题，每题 1.5 分） 请听下面 5 段对话或独白，选出最佳选项。 每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料,回答第 6、7 题。 6. How much does the dress cost? A. 20 dollars. B. 40 dollars. C. 50 dollars. 7. Where are the two speakers? A. At a restaurant. B. In a fashion store. C. At a hotel. 听第 7 段材料,回答第 8、9 题。 8. How does the train station look now? A. Empty. B. Dirty. C. Crowded. 9. Why is the man going to Manhattan? A. To work. B. To see his family. C. To visit a friend. 听第 8 段材料,回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. How many people are there in the woman’s family? A. 4. B. 5. C. 6. 11. What is the woman’s sister doing now? A. Going boating in the park. B. Traveling with her boyfriend. C. Touring around New Zealand alone. 12. What do we know about the man? A. He grew up with his elder brother. B. He felt lonely when he was young. C. He didn’t like playing with others.
Page 1 of 12
听第 9 段材料,回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What are the speakers talking about? A. The plan for their vacation. B. The plan for moving out of the city. C. The plan for visiting Aunt Mary. 14. Why won’t the woman go to Europe? A. Because she doesn’t feel like going there. B. Because she doesn’t like traveling far. C. Because she cannot afford the fees. 15. Where do the speakers decide to go in the end? A. Somewhere in Europe. B. The countryside. C. Somewhere in China. 16. What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers? A. Husband and wife. B. Colleagues. C. Aunt and nephew. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What is the speaker mainly talking about? A. How he learnt English. B. Why he learnt English. C. How he helped some poor kids. 18. How was the speaker’s spoken English at school? A. Very poor. B. Just so-so. C. Very good. 19. When did the speaker decide to learn English well? A. When he was thirteen years old. B. When he was in middle school. C. When he was looking for a job. 20. What did the speaker do in the end? A. He taught some poor kids English for free. B. He learnt English in his company with his boss. C. He learnt English in a class with some poor kids. II.单项选择（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 21. –Yesterday, I had ______ fun in the West Lake, which was compared to __________ beauty in an ancient poem. A. 不填；不填 B. the; a C. 不填;a D. the; 不填 22. All the people around the world need to live in peace ___________ in violence. A. more than B. less than C. rather than D. other than 23. Actually, __________ works hard can be _____________ they want to be, whether it is a pilot, an engineer or a manager. A. no matter who; anyone B. no matter who; whoever C. whoever; however D. whoever; whatever 24. When he entered the hall, he found the big desk ______with flowers and many people ______at him kindly. A. covering, staring B. covered, stared C. covered, staring D. covering, stared 25. If you want to educate your children well, you shouldn’t let them _________ telling lies. A. get away from B. get away with C. get along with D. get rid of
Page 2 of 12
26. After great efforts, they finally arrived in _________ they had long dreamed of. A. which B. where C. what D. that 27. The new school is _____________ our previous one. A. three times almost as big as B. almost three times as big as C. three times almost the size of D. almost three times bigger as 28. -- I was lucky to win a gold medal in the800-metre race. --- You __________________ through hard training. A. must go B. should go C. must have gone D. should have gone 29. The fact ________many college graduates get lower pay than some workers has ______ a heated discussion. A. that; set out B. what; set out C. that; set off D. what; set off 30. Students ______ remain in their seats until all the exam papers have been collected. A. must B. shall C. may D. can 31. Although the task was difficult __________, they ___________ complete it ahead of time. A. to carry out, succeeded to C. to carry out, managed to B. to be carried out, succeeded to D. to be carried out, managed to
32. Is it the country _____ you studied English _____ you are going to visit next week? A. in which; which B. where; that C. that; that D. which; that 33. It is usually warm in my hometown in March, but it _________ be rather cold sometimes. A. must A. starved B. can B. would starve C, should B. would D. had starved 34. The tramp sat down at the table and started to eat hungrily, as if he ___________for a month. C. have starved 35. It is generally ________________ that teaching is _____ it is a science. A. thinking, an art as much as B. believing, as much an art as C. thought, as an art much as D. believed, as much an art as III.完形填空（共 20 小题;每小题 1 分,满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从 36-- 55 题所给的四个选项中,选出最佳选项 I arrived in the classroom, ready to share my knowledge and experience with 75 students who would be my English Literature class. Having taught in the US for 17 years, I had no 36 about my ability to hold their attention and to 37 on them my admiration for the literature （文学）of my mother tongue. I was shocked when the monitor shouted, ― 38 !‖ and the entire class rose as I entered the room, and I was a little 39 about how to get them to sit down again, but once that awkwardness （尴尬） was over, I quickly regained my calmness and began 40 I thought was a fact–packed lecture, sure to gain their respect ---- perhaps 41 their admiration. I went back to my office with the rosy glow(喜形于色) which comes from a (n) 42 of achievements. My students kept diaries. However, as I read them, the rosy glow was gradually 43 by a strong sense of sadness. The first diary said, ―Our literature teacher didn’t teach us anything
Page 3 of 12
today. __44 her next lecture will be better.‖ 45 , I read diary after diary, each expressing a 46 subject. ―Didn’t I teach them anything? I described the entire philosophical framework （哲学体系） of Western thought and 47 the historical background for all the works we’ll study in class,‖ I complained. ―How 48 they say I didn’t teach them anything?‖ It was a long term, and it 49 became clear that my ideas about education were 50 those of my students. I thought a teacher’s job was to raise 51 questions and provide enough background so that students could 52 their own conclusions. My students thought a teacher’s job was to provide 53 information as directly and clearly as possible. What a difference! 54 , I also learned a lot, and my experience with my Chinese students has made me a 55 American teacher, knowing how to teach in a different culture. 36．A．wonder B．idea C．doubt D．experience 37．A．impress B．put C．leave D．fix 38．A．Attention B．Look out C．At ease D．Stand up 39．A．puzzled B．sure C．curious D．pleased 40．A．which B．that C．what D．whether 41．A．more B．even C．yet D．still 42．A．thought B．sense C．expression D．idea 43．A．replaced B．taken C．caught D．moved 44．A．Naturally B．Perhaps C．Fortunately D．Reasonably 45．A. Surprising B. Surprised C. To surprise D. To be surprised 46．A．different B．same C．similar D．usual 47．A．lied B．laid C．lain D．lay 48．A．may B．can C．will D．must 49．A．immediately B．certainly C．simply D．gradually 50．A．like B．dislike C．unlike D．unlikely 51．A．unbelievable B．interesting C．ordinary D．unusual 52．A．draw B．mix C．decide D．give 53．A．strange B．standard C．exact D．serious 54．A．Thus B．However C．Besides D．Though 55．A．normal B．happy C．good D．better IV. 阅读理解（共 17 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 34 分） 阅读下列短文，从 56—72 中每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项， 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑 A The most important holiday in spring, especially for Christians, is Easter. This Christian holiday is not on the same date every year，but it's always on a Sunday. It can be any Sunday
Page 4 of 12
between March 22 and April 25. Many people celebrate Easter by buying new clothes. Children celebrate by hunting for colored eggs that their parents have hidden around the house. People also give Easter baskets filled with candy and other goodies to one another to celebrate the day. But the holiday is more than new clothes and good things to eat. On Easter, many people go to church to celebrate Jesus' resurrection（复活）from the dead. Most people color Ester eggs. Some people hide them. Others just eat them. But no matter what one does with Easter eggs，they are an important Easter tradition throughout the Western world. People from many different cultures celebrate Easter. In both America and Belgium, children look for Easter eggs hidden on lawns and in bushes. In America, children believe the eggs are hidden by the Easter bunny (兔子).But in Belgium, the hidden eggs are supposed to have fallen from church bells. In Bulgaria (保加利亚), red Easter eggs are lucky in churches. Bulgarian families also crash these Easter eggs together to see whose is the strongest. The winner looks forward to good fortune that year. Still dozens of other Easter traditions exist. In parts of Austria，for example，children sing from door to door and are rewarded with colorful eggs. 56．To celebrate Easter, people ___________. A. go shopping, hide colored eggs and children hunt for them B. give Easter baskets filled candy and goodies to one another C. buy new clothes, hide colored eggs and children look for them around the house D. both B and C 57．For Christians the more important thing to do on Easter is________. A. going to church to celebrate Jesus' resurrection B. buying new clothes C. eating delicious food and paint color eggs D. exchange beautiful gifts each other 58．The underlined word ―crash‖(in Para4) could be replaced by _________ A. bring B. hit C. come D. go 59．People from different cultures have different ideas about Easter egg _________. A. In both American and Belgium, children hunt for Easter eggs hidden in rooms and in bushes B. In Belgium, the hidden eggs are thought to have fallen from doorbells C. In American, children believe the eggs are hidden by the Easter bunny D. In America, the hidden eggs are supposed to have fallen from doorbells
Page 5 of 12
B A new study of 8,000 young people in the Journal of Health and Social Behavior shows that although love can make adults live healthily and happily, it is a bad thing for young people. Puppy love(早恋) may bring stress for young people and can lead to depression(忧郁症). The study shows that girls become more depressed than boys, and younger girls are the worst of all. The possible reason for the connection between love and higher risk of depression for girls is ―loss of self‖. According to the study, even though boys would say ―lose themselves in a romantic relationship‖, this ―loss of self‖ is much more likely to lead to depression when it happens to girls. Young girls who have romantic relationships usually like hiding their feelings and opinions. They won’t tell that to their parents. Dr. Marianm Kaufman, an expert on young people problems, says 15% to 20% young people will have depression during their growing. Trying romance often causes the depression. She advises kids not to jump into romance too early. During growing up, it is important for young people to build strong friendships and a strong sense of self. She also suggests the parents should encourage their kids to keep close to their friends, attend more interesting school activities and spend enough time with family. Parents should watch for signs of depression---eating or mood changes---and if they see signs from their daughter or son, they need to give help. The good news is that the connection between romance and depression seems to become weak with age. Love will always make us feel young, but only maturity(成熟) gives us a chance to avoid its bad side effects. 60. What’s the main idea of the passage? A. Puppy love may bring young people depression. B .Parents should forbid their children’s love lives. C. Romance is a two-edged sword for adults. D. Romance is good for young people. 61. Which of the following is more likely to have depression? A . Young people who have a strong sense of self. B . Young boys whose parents watch for their behavior. C. Young girls who always hide their feelings and opinions. D. Careless parents whose children are deep in love. 62.What can be inferred from the passage? A .Lacking love can lead young people to grow up more quickly. B. Early love makes young people keep close to their friends and parents. C .Parents should help their children to be aware of the signs of depression. D .The older a woman is, the less likely she seems to lose herself in romance. 63. What’s the author’s attitude towards puppy love?
Page 6 of 12
A. Puzzled. C
D. Terrified .
Visit the skywalk at the Grand Canyon West Today! For Booking Call: Package Fee: 1-866-944-7263 $274 Per Child. All Fee’s Included. No Hidden Cost. $289 Per Adult;
Book Now !
Experience the newly opened Grand Canyon (大峡谷) West Skywalk in Colorado. Leaving from Grand Canyon’s South Rim by Airplane to Grand Canyon’s West Rim, you will land and take a ground tour to the Skywalk! Walk on air for 70 feet over the edge of Grand Canyon West. This Skywalk has been open since March 28, 2007. Daily visitorship to the Skywalk has been over 4,000 people. Please be patient to enjoy your moment on the Skywalk. After you have experienced the one and only Grand Canyon Skywalk Glass Bridge, you will return to the Grand Canyon West Airport and take your Airplane for a flight back to the South Rim of the Canyon. This is a tour never to be forgotten as you will have walked on air over the Grand Canyon. Tour Itinerary (行程) Tour Duration Flight from Grand Canyon South Rim to Grand Canyon West Light Lunch at Guano Point at Grand Canyon West 5.7 Hours 1 Hour The Grand Canyon Adventure Skywalk Experience a bird’s-eye view of the Grand Canyon as you make your way to Grand Canyon West. You’ll be taken by bus to Guano Point with breathtaking views of the western part of the Grand Canyon where the Colorado River makes its way into Lake Mood. Every table for lunch has a view. Finally you’ll board your bus to Eagle Point, home of the Grand Canyon Skywalk. Now it is time for you to walk on air for 70 feet over the Grand Canyon. After time on the Skywalk, you’ll return to the Grand Canyon West Airport and return to Grand Canyon South Rim in time for dinner and sunset.
Walk on the World Famous Skywalk
Flight Back to Grand Canyon South Rim
Page 7 of 12
64. This advertisement is for __________. A. Grand Canyon West C. Grand Canyon 65. Which of the following statements is true?
B. Grand Canyon South D. the Skywalk
A. Adults and children should pay for the same package fee for a visit to the skywalk B. Over 4000 people has paid a visit to the skywalk daily since it was opened in 2007. C. After time on the Skywalk, visitors will first go back to the hotel for a night. D. Visitors are not allowed to have lunch while visiting Guano Point. 66. The Grand Canyon Skywalk Bridge is made of glass because ______. A. it looks stranger B. it is cheaper to build C. it looks more beautiful D. it gives you a better view 67. According to the Tour Itinerary, the route is ______. A. South Rim→Guano Point→West Airport→Eagle Point→West Airport→South Rim B. South Rim→West Airport→Guano Point→Eagle Point→West Airport→South Rim C. South Rim→West Airport→Eagle Point→Guano Point→West Airport→South Rim D. South Rim→West Airport→Eagle Point→West Airport→Guano Point→South Rim 68. The package fee does NOT cover the cost of _______.
D With only about 1, 000 pandas left in the world, China is desperately trying to clone(克隆) the animal and save the endangered species(物种). That’s a move similar to what a Texas A&M University researchers have been undertaking for the past five years in a project called ―Noah’s Ark‖. Noah’s Ark is aimed at collecting eggs, embryos(胚胎), semen and DNA of endangered animals and storing them in liquid nitrogen. If certain species should become extinct, Dr. Duane Kraemer, a professor in Texas A&M’s College of Veterinary Medicine, says there would be enough of the basic building blocks to reintroduce the species in the future. It is estimated that as many as 2,000 species of mammals, birds, reptiles will become extinct in over 100 years. The panda, native only to China, is in danger of becoming extinct in the next 25 years. This week, Chinese scientists said they grew an embryo by introducing cells from a dead female panda into the egg cells of a Japanese white rabbit. They are now trying to implant the embryo into a host animal. The entire procedure could take from three to five years to complete. ―The nuclear transfer(核子移植) of one species to another is not easy, and the lack of
Page 8 of 12
available(capable of being used) panda eggs could be a major problem,‖ Kraemer believes. ―They will probably have to do several hundred transfers to result in one pregnancy (having a baby). It takes a long time and it’s difficult, but this could be groundbreaking science if it works. They are certainly not putting any live pandas at risk, so it is worth the effort,‖ adds Kraemer, who is one of the leaders of the Project at Texas A& M, the first-ever attempt at cloning a dog. ―They are trying to do something that’s never been done, and this is very similar to our work in Noah’s Ark. We’re both trying to save animals that face extinction. I certainly appreciate their effort and there’s a lot we can learn from what they are attempting to do. It’s a research that is very much needed.‖ 69. The aim of ―Noah’s Ark‖ project is to _______. A. make efforts to clone the endangered pandas B. save endangered animals from dying out C. collect DNA of endangered animals to study D. transfer the nuclear of one animal to another 70. According to Professor Kraemer, the major problem in cloning pandas would be the lack of _______. A. available panda eggs B. host animals C. qualified researchers D. enough money 71. The best title for the passage may be _______. A. China’s Success in Pandas Cloning B. The First Cloned Panda in the World C. Exploring the Possibility to Clone Pandas D. China —the Native Place of Pandas Forever 72. From the passage we know that _______. A. Kraemer and his team have succeeded in cloning a dog B. scientists try to implant a panda’s egg into a rabbit C. Kraemer will work with Chinese scientists in clone researches D. about two thousand of species will probably die out in a century
厦门六中 2013-2014 学年下学期高一期中考试英语试卷
答 题 卷
题号 题型 满分 得分 一 ~四 选择题 89 五 选词填空 10 六 完成句子 26 七 作文 25 总分 150
V. 选择适当的词组填空 (根据所提供的语境，从方框中选择正确的短语填空完成句子：有 两个选项是多余的 (共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） A. in memory of, B. in rags, C. turn up, D. in time , E. cut down, F. now that, G. cheered up, H. settle down, I. on the contrary J. has a gift for, K. as for L. account for
Page 9 of 12
73. I expect the missing watch will _______________ one day. 74. _______________ you’ve got a chance, you might as well make full use of it. 75. Don’t give up halfway, Andy. You’ll succeed ________ if you keep on working like this. 76. He wrote a long moving poem__________________ those who died in the war.. 77. As they don’t have enough gas, they have decided to ___________gas supplies to other cities. 78. The good news ___________________________ whoever heard it. 79. The service in this restaurant is satisfactory. ________dishes, they taste terrible 80. He ____________________ making everybody around him happy. 81. You are late again. How do you ___________ that this time? 82. ---I hear you like your new job. ---____________, it’s terribly uninteresting. ?答案写在此： 73. _____ 74.______ 75.______ 76.______ 77.______ 78.______ 79.______ 80.______ 81.______ 82.______ VI.完成句子 根据提供的意思，完成句子。 （共 26 分，每格 1 分） 83. Computer technology_________ ____ __________ ____ ________spelling mistakes. 5 格 电脑技术使识别拼写错误成为可能。 84. I _________ _________ _____ _______________to him _______ he called me. 5 格 我正要跟他道歉他就打电话来了。 85. _____ _____ _____________ that reading ____ ____ _________ __________ ____ writing. 8 格 显然阅读对写作大有益处。 86. He wandered on the street, ____________ __________ ____ __________ her again（期待再见到她）. 4 格 87. We should take steps to ____________ the river __________ __________ ____________ 4 格 我们应采取措施防止河流被污染。 VII. 书面表达（共 25 分） 请根据下列提示要点，以“The Ways to Keep Healthy” 为题，写一篇短文。 提示：1. 饮食方面：多吃蔬菜与水果，少吃肉。 2．情绪方面：保持积极的心情，良好的情绪。 3．有良好的生活习惯，定期锻炼，充足的睡眠等等。 要求： 1. 短文须包括上述所有要点，可以适当增加细节,使短文连贯。 2．词数约 120 左右。 The Ways to Keep Healthy ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________
Page 10 of 12 10
______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________________________________________________
厦门六中 2013—2014 学年下学期高一期中考试 英 语 试 卷 keys
一卷共 89 分 二卷共 61 分 I. 听力 每题 1 分，共 20 分 AABCB BBCCC BBACB AAACA II．单选 每题 1 分 共 15 分 CCDCB CBCCB CBBDD III.完形 每题 1 分 共 20 分 36—40 CADAC 41—45 BBABB 46—50 CBBDC 51—55 BACBD IV 阅读 每题 2 分 共 34 分 56—59 DABC 60--63 ACDB
V． 词组填空 每题 1 分，共 10 分 CFDAE GKJLI VI.完成句子每格 1 分，共 26 分 83. made it possible to spot 84. was about to apologize when
Page 11 of 12 11
85. It is obvious is of great benefit to 86. looking forward to seeing her again. 87. prevent/keep/stop from being polluted. VII.书面表达 共 25 分 Nowadays, more and more people are concerned about their health. So it is necessary for us to know how to keep healthy. First of all, it’s necessary for us to keep a balanced diet. We should eat more vegetables and fruits which contain lots of vitamin and less meat. Besides, some people, especially girls, choose to go on a diet to look good, which actually has a bad influence on their health. Moreover, keeping a good state of mind is also good for our health. We should always have an active attitude towards life. Last but not least, make sure we take proper exercise every day. Running or walking, simple as it is, has a positive effect on our health. In a word, there is a lot we can do to keep healthy. Let’s take actions to be healthier.
Page 12 of 12