名词性从句 之 主语从句 主语从句是在主句中做主语的句子。它由连接词引导，通常位于谓语动词前。 Your words make him angry. What you said makes him angry. （1）连词。 通常在从句中不做任何成分。有三个：that, whether 和 if。 ※t
hat 不做任何成分，没有实际意义。 ※whether 和 if 不做任何成分，但有”是否”的意思。 ※If 引导的主语从句一般不位于句首。 （2）连接代词。 常有：who, whom, whose, what, which, whoever, whomever, whatever, whichever. ※在从句中常做主语、宾语、表语或定语。 ※有具体含义，且不可省略。 （3）连接副词。 常有：when, where, why, how, whenever, wherever, however. ※常做从句的状语，表示时间，地点，原因，方式等。 （4）it 代替主语从句做形式主语。 句子结构有 ① It +系动词+形容词+that 从句 ② It+系动词+名词+that 从句 ③ It+系动词+动词过去分词+that 从句 一、翻译下列句子 1. Whether we will win depends on ourselves. 2. That he got the first prize excited us all. 3. What we should do with the problem is undecided. 4. I’m wondering whatever you said made him so angry. 5. What worries us most is who let out the secret. 6. How they will solve the serious problem has not been decided. 7. Why he did that wasn’t quite clear. 8. Where we can look up his address is still a question. 9. It is quite clear that the whole project is to be a failure. 10. It is likely that there will be a snowstorm tomorrow. 11. It’s no wonder that you have achieved so much success. 12. It is a pity that you didn’t attend their wedding. 13. It is said/reported/announced that the plan has been cancelled.
14. It is believed that there were 5 people were killed in that serious traffic accident. 二．单选 1. A. That makes the book so extraordinary is the creative imagination of the writer. B. What C. Who D. Which
2. Generally, students ’ inner motivation with high expectations fro m others essential to their development. A. is 3. A. When 4. A. That 5. A. That B. are C. was D. were
you said at the meeting describes a bright future for the company. B. How C. What D. That
I want to tell you is the deep love and respect I have f or my parents. B. Which C. Whether D. What
struck me most in the movie was the father’s deep love for his son. B. It C. What D. Which
6. Some people believe ______ ha s happened before or is happening now will repeat itself in the future. A. whatever 7. Exactly A. whether 8. All we need A. are B. whenever. C. wherever D. however
the potato was introduced into Europe is uncertain, but it was B. why C. when D. how
probably around 156 5.
a small piece of land where we can plant various kinds of B. was[来源:学,科, C. is D. were[来 x§ k.Com] [来源:
fruit trees throughout the growing seasons of the year.
9. _______ the delayed flight will take off depends much on the weather. A. Why 10. I think A. what B. When B. that C. That C. which D. What
impresses me about his painting is the colours he uses. D. who[来源:学科网]
11. It remains to be seen _____ the new policy can be put into practice. A. that B. which C. what D. whether
12. _____ one of you breaks the window will have to pay for it. A. Whoever B. Whatever C. Whichever D. Wherever
13. The villagers have already known _____ we’ll do is to rebuild the bridge. A. this B. that C. what D. which 14. It is still under discussion ______ the old bus station should be replaced with a modern hotel or not. A. whether B. when C. which D. where
名词性从句 之 表语从句 表语从句在复合句中作表语，位于系动词之后。 （1）表语从句的引导词 连词：that, whether, because, as if/though, as; 连 接 代 词 ： who, whom, whose, what, which, whoever, whomever, whatever, whichever; 连词副词:when, where, why, how, whenever, however, however. (2)表语从句要注意的问题 ① 主语为名词 reason 时，表语从句的引导词用 that，不用 why 或 because； ② 主句主语是 advice, suggestion, order, request, requirement 等名词时， 表语从句的谓语动词常用“(should)+动词原形” 。 一、翻译下列句子 1. The reason for your mistake is that you lack confidence. 2. that is what I am interested in. 3. That was where we camped last time. 4. The question is however we can do the work better. 5. He has a heart disease and that is because he has been smoking too much. 6. It sounds as if you are from south of China. 7. The reason for such a serious accident is that the driver was too careless and drunk. 8. My suggestion is that we (should) have a discussion about this matter instead of just waiting. 9. The captain’s order is that we (should) start out at once. 二、单选 1. The traditional view is ____ we sleep because our brain is “programmed” to make us do so. A. when C. whether B. why D. that
2. You are saying that everyone should be equal, and this is ____ I disagree. A. why C. what B. where D. how
— I drove to Zhuhai for the air show last week. — Is that ____ you had a few days off? B. When D. What
A. why C. Where
4. ____ she couldn’t understand was ____ fewer and fewer students showed interest in her lessons. A. What; why C. What; because B. That; what D. Why; that
5. ____ made the school proud was ____ more than 90% of the students had been admitted to key universities. A. What; because C. That; what B. What; that D. That; because
6. — Are you still thinking about yesterday’s game? — Oh, that ’ s ____. A. what makes me feel excited C. how I feel about it B. whatever I feel excited about D. when I feel excited
7. I’ d like to start my own business---that ’s ___ I’ d do if I had the money. A. why C. which B. when D. what
8. The only problem was ___ we kept getting lost! But Beijing people are very friendly and helpful. A. why C. whether B. that D. how
9. See the flags on top of the building? That ’s ___ we did this morning. A. when C. where B. which D. what
10. ----Are you sure that ’ s ____ you want me to take you?
----Sure enough! The red building over there. A. why C. where B. which D. there where