unit 2 Healthy eating
1. consult v. ______________ n. _________________ n. 2. limit n/v _____________
adj. _______________ adj. 3. curiosity n. ______________ adj. ________________ adv. 4. weakness n. ________________ adj. _________________v. 5. digest v. ______________ n. 6. strength n. _______________ v. 7. benefit n/v. ______________ v. 8. combine v. ________________ n.
1. 被放过； （做坏事）不受惩罚 ____________ 2. 应当；应该 ______________ 3. 体重减轻；减肥 __________ 4. 增加体重 _______________ 5.说谎 _______________ 6. 暗中监视 ______________ 7. 谋生 __________ 8. 削减；删节 ___________ 9. 欠债 _____________ 10. 不久以后 __________ 11. 赢回；重新获得 ___________
△He couldn’t ______________________________________________(让雍慧哄 骗人们后跑掉). (have) 仿写：这孩子应该受到惩罚。_____________________________________. 对他撒谎这事你不应该就这么算了。_______________________________. 我不允许你用那种粗鲁的方式跟你的妈妈说话。 __________________________________________________, you must apologize to her immediately. 考点： have sb do sth / doing sth have sth done have + 宾语 + to do ( have 有) 1. You’d better _____________________________. (把那颗坏牙拔了) （pull） 2. At that time, _____________________________. (他没有人可以说话) （talk） 3. The teacher __________________________(让他的学生每天早上读英语) every morning for half an hour. △ __________________________________ 再没有比这更好的了。 仿写：直到那时我才突然意识到没有人比我更幸福的了。 It was no until that _____________________________________________________. 句式：1. no/ not / never / hardly/ nothing/ nobody + 比较级 2. never … + so/ such + 原级 + 名词 3. no / none / nothing … + so + 原级 + as 4. 否定词+比较级+ than 5. can / could + never / not + enough / too 6. 比较级 + than + any other / anyone else / all other / any of the other / the rest of … 1. I have never heard ____________________.（从来没听过比这更有趣的故事） (such) 2. 李明是他班上最聪明的学生。 （than）_____________________________ 3. How beautiful she sings! I have never heard _______________ (更动听的嗓子). (voice) 4. I think nothing is __________________________ （比旅游更令人愉快） . (pleasant) 5. 在我的一生中给我震撼最大的是第一次来中国参观。 （shake） ______________________________________________________ 6. 他度过了最担心的一天。 (worrying) _______________________________________________________ 7. She is the cleverest student in my class. She is cleverer than _____ _____ _____ in my class. She is cleverer than _______ ______ in my class. She is cleverer than _______ ________ ________ _________ students in my class. 8. ——Are you pleased with his work? ——Not in the least. _________________ (糟糕透了).
△ I don’t want to upset you, but I found your menu so limited that I stopped worrying and starting _________________________________. （宣传我参观 的食物的好处） 仿写：为了自己国家的利益，他全力以赴。 1. I am sure that everyone _______________ (获益良多) from this activity. 2. Many people find that regular physical activity gave them ___________________ (使他们受益匪浅). 3. It’s said that Yoga ____________________ (有很大益处) human health. (of) 4. A large sum of money has been raised __________________ the poorly-educated children in the mountainous districts. 5. The article helps readers have a better understanding and appreciation of the work as well as his style and thought, ______________________ (读者们从中受益匪 浅). △ （P52）McDonald’s cares about healthy eating too and works with scientists to provide food ________________________ (高质量的，安全的，健康的) be of + (great / no / little) importance / significance / value / use / help / interest (抽象名词) be of + (the same / a / an) age/ size / height / weight / shape / kind / type / sort be of + wealth / education / courage / ability 1. Such changes are ________________ (并不重要). 2. The Americans are _______________________（各种种族和肤色）. 3. This medicine is ________________ (没用). 4. The book he gave me is ________________ (几乎没价值). △ （P9）What will happen to you __________________________（加入你的饮 食不均衡）
★ lie / lay 1. __________ my coat on the chair, I ______ down on the blackboard. 2. For better treatment, the doctor _________________________(撒了个善意的谎) saying his illness is nothing serious. 3. 谎言掩盖不了事实。_____________________________. 4. She told me that happiness _________________________ (在于帮助他人变得快 乐). 5. Bennie ________________________ (躺在那棵大树下) with is whole body feeling as if it were on fire. 6. The fresh air in the open air ____ our health and we will _____ it. 7. There was an oil painting ________ in the corner. It ______ there for several days. A. laying; had laid B. lain; had laid C. lying; had lain D. laid; had been lain 一言辨析 The man ______ there ______ that he ________ the money on the table. ★ get away with / get across / get along on/with / get round/around / get down to / get sb down 1. If you cheat in the exam, __________________________ (必予追究).
2. I’m afraid I can’t __________________________(从会议中抽身). 3. News soon _________________ (传开了) he had resigned. 4. The manager tried to explain the problem, but what he said __________________ (没对选手讲清楚). 5. If we can _____________________________, (目前的困难), then everything should be all right. 6. Isn’t it time you ____________________________ (开始批改试卷)? 7. It’s going to rain. Xiao Feng, will you please help me ________________ (收衣 服) on the line? “get”的其他短语及用法 1. (10 浙江) After that, he knew he could ______________ (应对一切紧急事件) any emergency by doing what he could to the best of his ability. 2. Once you have become addicted to cigarette smoking or alcohol, it’s hard to ____ _____ (戒掉它) it even though you try hard. 3. (11 红安高三联考) The child ought to be punished. You shouldn’t let him ______________ (说谎不受惩罚). 4. The thief got away with several thousand pounds worth of jewellery. 5. You should ____________________ (让孩子们跑起来). 6. He ____________________ (让他姐姐帮他洗衣服). 7. (10 广东) For example, if you were late because your car broke down, maybe you need to _____________________________ (把你的车更定地检查). 8. In some countries people can ______________ (让人送货) to their home. (deliver) ★ cut down / cut off / cut out / cut up / cut in / cut through / cut into 1. I’m afraid taking a part-time job might _________ (占用我的学习时间) my time for study. 2. Her little finger _____________ in an accident at the factory. 3. He _____________ the park and got there in time. 4. I haven’t given up drinking but I’m __________. 5. I’m sorry to _____________ on your conversation. 6. He has decided to ___________ smoking and drinking. 7. (06 湖北) Should you be friend, your health care and other benefits ____________ _______(不会马上中断). 8. Pictures form these magazines _____________ (可以删掉), and used as teaching aids. 9. One of the aircraft’s engines ____________(失灵了). 10. She __________________ (痛苦极了) when her husband left her. ★ combine combine … with / and be combined in a combination of in combination with 1. We should __________________________ (劳逸结合). 2. The two principal political parties _____________ (已经联合起来) to form a government. 3. Steel is produced by ____________________________ (把铁和碳结合起来).
4. This kind of car ___________________________(这种车既快又安全). 5. ——In this day and age, women can have children and jobs as well. ——I can’t agree more. It’s great to __________________(兼有这两者). 6. Profits have been going up since the two countries ________ last year. A. tricked B. doubted C. employed D. combined 7. Diets are most effective ______________________ (与锻炼相结合). ★ consult __________ n. _____________ n. consult sb about sth consult sb on sth consult one’s lawyer / a map / the dictionary 1. I wonder why _______ about this matter. A. I didn’t consult B. I wasn’t consulted C. wasn’t I consulted D. I shouldn’t consult 2. I suggest you ____________________ （向你的医生咨询）about your stomache as soon as possible. 3. I need ____________________________________ (和我的同事商讨这些建议). 4. In western countries, it is quite common for a person to _______ a psychologist when he has some psychological problems. A. consult B convey C. convince D. confirm
Grammar: Modal Verbs
1. (09 四川)——I don’t care what people think. ——Well, you __________. 2. (07 北京)In crowded places like airports and railway stations, you _______ take care of your luggage. 3. ——Could / Might I use your bike tomorrow morning? ——Yes, you can/ may. ——No, I’m afraid not. 4. (湖南)——Excuse me, but I want to use your computer to type a report. ——You _____ not have my computer if you don’t take care of. 5. (10 全国)Just be patient. You _______ not expect the world to change so soon. 6. The car ____ break down just when we were about to start off. 7. It’s a pity that he ______ be so careless. 8. Peter ______ come with us tonight, but he isn’t sure yet. 9. A left- luggage office is a place where bags ______ be leg for a railway. 完成句子 1. (09 上海)It ______________ (一定是 TOM)that parked the car here, as he is the only one with a car. (be) 2. (09 江 苏 )He did not regret saying what he did but felt that he ___________________ (本能够表达出来) it differently. (express) 3. （08 江苏）——I’m sorry. I _______________ (本来不该对你叫嚷) the other day. ——Forget it. I was a bit out of control myself. ( shout ) 4. (08 天津) She _______________ （不可能已离开学校） for her bike is still here. , 5. The weather turned out to be fine yesterday. I ____________________ (没必要麻 烦) to carry my umbrella with me. 6. We _____________________ (或许不能证明) great adventures, but we have
done the greatest march even made in the past ten years. 7. There _______________ (应该没有困难) about passing the road test since you have practiced a lot in the driving school. 8. (10 天津)Mark ________________(没有必要忙). After driving at top speed, he arrived half an hour early.