Unit4 Earthquake Grammar
Revision All the students are not here. Everything is not good. Both of them are not students.
None of t
he students is here. Nothing is good. Neither of them is a student.
The Attributive Clause
God helps those who help themselves.
自助者天助之。 2. He who laughs last laughs best. 谁笑到最后，谁笑的最好。 3. He who doesn’t reach the Great Wall is not a true man. 不到长城非好汉。
Some sentences with atrributive clause in the text
1.Then, later that afternoon, another big quake which was almost _________________ as strong as the first one __________shookTangshan. 2.The army organized teams to dig out who were trapped and to bury the dead
But the people in the city, ________________ who thought little _____________ of these events, went to sleep as usual that night.
It was heard in Beijing, which is more than 200 ______________________ kilometers away. _______________
A huge crack ____________ that was eight _________________________ kilometers long and thirty ____________ cut across meters wide houses, roads and canals.
The number of people ____ who were killed or injured __________________ reached more than 400,000.
1.定义： 在复合句中修饰名词或代词的从句 2.先行词： 被修饰的名词,代词或整句话 There was an earthquake which happened in Tangshan in 1976. 3.引导定语从句的词 关系代词、关系副词：
关系代词： who, whom, whose, which, that等 关系副词： when, where, why等
指人 指物 subject (主语) that which who whom
做宾语时可以省略 object attribute (宾语) （定语）
√ √ √
√ √ √ √
√ √ √ √
Let me try!
The man who ran fastest _________________ is Liuxiang. Liuxiang is the man ________________. who ran fastest
a boy， has a scar， forehead
Harry Porter is a boy ____________ who/that has _____________________. a scar on his forehead
Changzhou is a city ___________________ which /that develops _____. fast
Which house is mine?
The house _________________ is mine. whose roof is brown
The city host(举办) 2oo8 Olympic Games
which\that hosted the 2008 The city _________________________________ Olympic Games ___________________ is Beijing.
Beckham is a football player.
He is handsome.
Beckham is a football player, who is handsome _______________.
Beckham, who is handsome ___________________________, is a football player.
1.The man _________came to our school is Mr. Wang. who, that
2.The girl whom, that, who, / I met is Lucy. _________________
3.A child _______parents are dead is called Tom. whose
4.I like the book ____________ you bought yesterday. that, which, /
5. We shall never forget the days ____________we that, which, /
6.I like the person _________you just talked. to whom
7. I have a room ________window faces south. whose
(1) 先行词为all, everything, nothing, something,
anything, little, much 等不定代词时。
(that) I am sure she has something _____ you can borrow.
Do you have anything _____ you don’t understand? (that) (2)先行词被all, every, no, some, any, little, much等 修饰时。 I’ve read all the books _____ you lend me. that Please send us any information _____ you have that about the subject.
This is the first book _____ he has read. (that) that It is the most beautiful city _____ I’ve ever seen. (4)先行词被the only, the very, the same, the last修饰 时。 that This is the very book _____ belongs to him. that He is the only person _____ was present at the time.
(5)先行词既有人又有物时。 The famous writer and his works _____ the radio that broadcast are popular to the students. (6) 先行词是who或which引导的主句。 Who is the girl _____ drove the car? that (7) 主句以there be 引导时。 There are more than 400,000 people _____ died or that were injured in the earthquake.
(1) 关系代词在限制性定语从句中紧跟介词作宾语 （介词提前）。 under which There are many trees __________ they can have a rest.
This is the ring __________ she spent 1000 on which dollars.
(2) 在非限制性定语从句中。 which Football, ______ is a very popular game, is played all over the world.
who One ____ has nothing to fear dares to tell the truth. who The ones ____ laugh at the disabled are not good students. Anyone ____ fails to finish the task should who be punished. Those ____ want to go to The Great Wall who sigh up here.
先行词是one, ones, anyone, those时用who.
3. 表所有关系及整体中的一部分或全部时，用介 词of, 有时可用whose转换。 of which 1) I’m painting a house, the roof _________ is round. I’m painting a house __________ is whose roof round. 2) They live in a house, _______ windows face whose south. They live in a house, the windows of which _________ face south.
Let me try!
1. All ______ is useful to us is good. A.which B.what C.that D.whether 2. She will never forget the days ______ she spent in Beijing. A.when B.what C.which D.why 3. The man ______ you are talking about is in the next room. A. to whom B. whom C. who D. which
4. The text is one of the most interesting stories ______ learned in the past three years. A.that have B. that have been C.which has D. which has been 5. The college won’t take on anyone ______ eyesight is weak. A.who B.whose C.of whom D.which 26 2013年12月16日星期一
6. Here is the bicycle ______ in the shop. A.that you saw it B.that saw it C.you saw D.you saw it 7. Those ______ to take part in the game write down your names, please. A.who B.who want C.that wants D want 8. I, _____ your good friend, will try my best to help you out. A.who is B.what is C.what am D.who am
Make a report about the typhoon: (using attributive clauses)
on Oct. 7th
for a long time
strong wind and heavy rain
cause damage 5 million people
trapped or injured
flood and mud-rock flow
4.5 billion money
on one was killed
Make a report about the typhoon:
(using attributive clauses)
There was a typhoon ______ attacked Huzhou on Oct. that 7th this year. It was a strong typhoon ___________ stayed that / which in Zhejiang for a long time. It brought strong wind and heavy rain, ______ caused a lot of damage. More than 5 which million people went through the typhoon, among ______ whom many people were trapped or injured. Many buildings fell down. It caused flood and mud-rock flow in many places, which resulted in a loss of more than 4.5 billion money. _____ Teams were organized to rescue those ______ were trapped who and help was given to those ______ suffered from the who typhoon. Luckily, it was reported that no one was killed.
Homework: 1. Review the Attributive Clause
2. Exercise Book A, P33-35 （1、4）
3. Exercise Book B, P18-19 （1、2）