第一卷 （三部分，共100分） 第一部分：听力（共两节, 满分 30 分）
第一节（共 5 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应
位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅 读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1．Why does the man move to New York? A．To work there. B．To look after parents. C．To make a trip.
2．What are the two speakers talking about? A．Buying a TV. B．TV channel. C．Sports meet.
3．Why will the woman leave before eleven? A．To buy something. B．To make a work plan. C．To go home.
4．What was the man doing at the moment? A．He was listening to the radio. 5．What is the weather like today? A．It’s rainy. B．It’s sunny. C．It’s cloudy. B．He was writing something. C．He was reading a book.
第二节（共 15 个小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白，每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间来阅读各个 小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6．What is the woman most probably doing? A．Bargaining with the man. B．Telling the man her advice. C．Informing the man of an appointment. 7．When will Mr. Emory and the man meet? A．At 1:00 p.m. tomorrow. B．At 3:00 p.m. tomorrow.
C．At 3:00 p.m. the day after tomorrow. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 9 题。 8．Which city’s information does the woman hope to get? A．New York. B．Las Vegas. C．New Orleans.
9．Which festival is mentioned in the conversation? A．Easter Day. B．New Year’s Day. C．Valentine’s Day.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13．When did the two speakers meet last time? A．One and a half year ago. B．One year ago. C．Half a year ago.
14．What gift does the woman give the boy? A．A motor car. 15．How does the woman get here? A．By plane. B．By train. C．By bus. B．A racing car. C．A police car.
16．How long will it take to get home by car? A．About half an hour. B．An hour. C．One and a half hour. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17．Where did Nat King Cole play the piano at first? A．At a bar. B．In the cinema. C．At the concert.
18．Why did the lady ask the player to sing a song? A．She had paid him for this. B．She knew him very well. C．She wanted to have a change. 19．What was Nat King Cole best known as later? A．Piano player. 20．Why did Nat King Cole succeed? A．The lady helped him a lot. B．He caught the chance. C．He continued to play where he first played. B．Singer. C．Painter.
第二部分：词汇知识运用（共两节，满分 30 分）
第一节：多项选择（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 21. She drew back the _______at nine in the morning to let some sunlight in. A. curtains B. suitcases C. power D. force
22. The doctors are delighted to find that the patient is beginning to ______from heart trouble. A. uncover B. discover C. recover D. cover
23. She refused to offer any help, which quite _____all the people present. A. ignored B. settled C. upset D. suffered
24. When we are getting excited, angry or scared, our bodies also ______many physical change. A. go over B. go around C. go through D. go far
25. I used to quarrel a lot with my parents, but now we _______fine. A. look out B. stay up C. carry on D. get along
26. He is a _______visitor to that country. I mean, he often goes there. A. grateful B. loose C. frequent D. native
27. So fluently does he speak English that he is often considered as a (an) _____. A. official B. teenager C .native D .accent
28. Her father _______her staying away from home, for her safety of course . A. disagrees B. dislikes C. disappears D. dismisses
29. Barbara is easy to ______as she’s the only one of the women who wears an evening dress.
30. The open-air celebration has been put off ______the bad weather. A. in case of B. in spite of C. instead of D. because of
第二节：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后所给各题的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白 处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 It happened when I was a little girl. I can remember neither the beginning nor the end, but whenever I 31 it, tears flow down my face. 32 life in the country. As you can imagine, many 34 was
When I was young, my family led a(n)
country roads are difficult to walk on. One 33 we were visiting some relatives and the very bad. It began to 35 on our way back home. Dad carried me on his
36 . Mom gave her
overcoat to my 37 . We walked together through the rain for more than an hour. I was fat at that time and Dad must be down many times. In hope of 38 to hold me for such a long time. He almost 41 39 40 my father’s burden, I tried to carry myself,
nothing since I was just a little kid. When we arrived home, the inside of our house was 42 with rain water. The rain had come
43 our leaky（有裂缝的）roof and water was everywhere. Mom put bowls all around the house to try to 44 the rain. Then she put me and my elder brother to 45 , carefully placing us on the 47
place. I fell asleep soon. When I opened my eyes, I found Dad and Mom were
in chairs, both having caught bad colds. This is my very earliest 48 . Though the evening has long passed, and now we live a happy life, I won’t forget the rain we 49 together. The rain, that evening, and especially my parents’
50 , will stay in my mind forever. 31. A. deal with 32. A. hard 33. A. morning 34. A. food 35. A. blow 36. A. arm 37. A. brother 38. A. worried 39. A. fell 40. A. taking 41. A. so 42. A. buried 43. A. under 44. A. catch B. think of B. unhappy B. noon B. drink B. thunder B. back B. sister B. tired B. looked B. moving B. and B. covered B. over B. welcome C. lead to C. interesting C. afternoon C. traffic C. rain C. bike C. friend C. angry C. turned C. lifting C. but C. mixed C. in C. greet D. suffer from D. rich D. evening D. weather D. snow D. car D. relative D. lazy D. ran D. reducing D. instead D. crowded D. through D. expect
45. A. ground 46. A. dry 47. A. quarreling 48. A. visit 49. A. got stuck 50. A. wishes
B. floor B. clean B. sleeping B. excitement B. got away B. words
C. bed C. beautiful C. laughing C. opportunity C. went through C. love
D. ceiling D. warm D. eating D. memory D. went by D. education
第三部分：阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题分 2 分，满分 40 分）
阅读下列短文, 从各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡 上将该项涂黑。 A Xiang Xiaowen is a student who survived the earthquake in China’s Sichuan Province. Like thousands of others, she is now living in a tent in the hard-hitting city of Mianyang. We are now sleeping in a tent city. The earthquake happened last Monday and our rooms in school were destroyed. There are four tent cities. Everybody is sleeping under tents. The tents are so wet and we feel so cold. Many students feel uncomfortable but we must live in the tent. Although there are many difficulties after the earthquake, we will do our best to solve them. Yesterday it rained all day. Today the weather is better. There are no dining halls and supermarkets, so we must cook for ourselves. We have got some food and vegetables to eat. After the earthquake, many students and I together cleaned all the rubble（瓦砾）from our classroom and our dorms. Many of the rooms were destroyed and there was a lot of rubble which we had to clear. Some students are helping at hospital. Many people are homeless and many are dead. We carried the injured to hospital. There were no buses so we walked to hospital. Many people tried their best to make sure people could live. With the injured, we first let them calm down and then we took them to hospital. Today, I think people have enough food and drinking water. I think things will be better now. 51. From the passage, we know that the text is probably ______. A. Xiang’s talk with reporters C. Xiang’s composition B. a diary from Xiang D. Xiang’s lecture
52. The writer calls her city a tent one, because ______. A. the city needs tents badly C. tents are everywhere in the city 53. It can be inferred from the passage that ______. A. people feel wet and cold in the tents B. tents are from all over the world D. all people have to live in tents in the city
B. people are used to living in the tents C. some students are clearing the rubble D. people in the earthquake-hit areas are suffering a lot 54. From the passage, we can learn that Xiang ______. A. is sleeping under tents C. stays in a tent doing nothing B. has returned to school to study D. has joined in the rescue team
B Want to find a job? Now read the following advertisements. FAIRMONT HOTEL Five Waiters and Ten Waitresses — Aged under 22 — At least high school graduate — Good-looking; men at least 1.72 meters tall and women at least 1.65 — Those knowing foreign languages favoured — Paid 1,600—2,200 dollars per month One Secretary — Aged under 30 — Female favoured — Good at writing and skilled at computer If interested, call 465-4768 or write to: Mr. Jack Hundris Room 0825, Fairmont Hotel 567 Wood Street, San Markers, 78003 Fax: 6954828
WILSON BOOKSTORE Accountant (会计) — Aged between 25 and 40 — With an experience of at least two years — With a degree and an accountant certificate (证书) — Paid 3,000—4,000 dollars monthly — With a practical knowledge of computer Salesclerk — Basic education of 12 years or more — Good at computer — Paid 1,800—2,200 dollars monthly Tel: 447-4398
Fax: 3485269 55. If you don’t know how to use a computer, you can just get the position as _______. A. a secretary B. a waiter or waitress C. an accountant D. a salesclerk
56. If you want to get the position of accountant in Wilson Bookstore, you have to satisfy the following conditions EXCEPT _______. A. being a woman C. having been an accountant B. knowing well how to use a computer D. having an accountant certificate
57. If you want to try for a job in Fairmont Hotel, you _______. A. should be younger than 30 years old B. should be a university graduate C. have to be taller than 1.72 meters D. have to be a woman and know foreign languages 58. From the ads we can conclude that _______. A. you’ll be better paid in Wilson Bookstore than in Fairmont Hotel B. all the jobs offered require experience C. the better education you’ve received, the more money you’ll make D. if you want to be an accountant, you may call 465-4768
C Without proper planning, tourism can cause problems. For example, too many tourists can crowd public places that are also enjoyed by the inhabitants（居民）of a country. If tourists create too much traffic, the inhabitants become annoyed and unhappy. They begin to dislike tourists and to treat them impolitely. They forget how much tourism can help the country's economy. It is important to think about the people of a destination country and how tourism affects them. Tourism should help a country keep the customs and beauty that make tourists feel much interested. Tourism should also advance the well being (health and happiness) of local inhabitants. Too much tourism can be a problem. If tourism grows too quickly, people must leave other jobs to work in the tourism industry. This means that other parts of the country’s economy can suffer. On the other hand, if there is not enough tourism, people can lose jobs. Businesses can also lose money. It costs a great deal of money to build large hotels, airports, air terminals, first-class roads, and other support facilities needed by tourist attractions. For example, a major international-class tourism hotel can cost as much as 50 thousand dollars per room to build. If this room is not used most of the time, the owners of the hotel lose money. Building a hotel is just a beginning. There must be support facilities as well, including roads to get to the hotel, electricity, large underground pipes to handle waste and water. All of these support
facilities cost money. If they are not used because there are not enough tourists, jobs and money are lost. 59. Which of the following has most probably been discussed in the paragraph that goes before the passage? A. It is extremely important to develop tourism. B. Building roads and hotels is essential. C. Support facilities are highly necessary. D. Planning is of great importance to tourism. 60. It is good for local people to well realize that tourism will ________. A. use up a large amount of water B. weaken their economy C. help improve their life D. help build up their traditions 61. The word “handle” in the last paragraph most probably means ________. A. carry away B. pick up C. get in D. take down
62. What’s the main idea of the passage? _________. A. Advantages of tourism developing B. The bad effects of tourism without well planning C. The effects of tourism on the local industries D. Disadvantages of too much tourism
D Maggie was very glad that James did not often visit the house. In the children’s opinion, they had something that they couldn’t explain or understand about him and that excited their imagination. He caused Maggie’s anger, however, so that she often said to her husband, “It’s a pity that brother of yours doesn’t come oftener.” In fact James came once a year, unexpectedly, around eight o’clock in the evening, and he stayed for six hours of close discussion with his brother. His arrival was a signal to the children that their bedtime would be put off. Not that he ever spoke to them or played with them. He took no notice of them, as if he was unable to see children, at least until the time came for him to go. Indeed, after his first greeting and a careless kiss, James took no notice of Maggie either, except to add, “You’ll be getting on with the supper, Maggie.” Such was his regard for her. Maggie paid him back in her own way. She kept the children up, the four of them, to stay around her, she said, but of course they sang and made a noise and broke the endless sound of James’ voice. Very late, they fell asleep in their chairs. Then, when James was about to go, Maggie woke them up and so more or less forced him to say goodbye to them with four pence before he left. That gave her
some satisfaction, for James, though rich, was unwilling to give or share what he had. He always went home by the last train, just after two o’clock. Maggie’s children secretly looked at their uncle. They could not forget that he had, in their mother’s words,“lost two wives and taken a third.” They wondered about those two unlucky, lost ladies. They asked each other what their fate（命运）had been, and if neither could ever be found again. James never brought his third wife with him nor ever mentioned her. The children decided that he must be so frightened of losing her that he never allowed her outside the door. 63. Maggie never prepared anything special for James because ________. A. he was a man difficult to please B. she never knew when he was coming C. she was too busy looking after her children D. he never stayed long enough for a meal 64. About James’ behavior we can learn that ________. A. He was a kind man, with love for the family B. He was unselfish, especially towards his brother C. He hoped to please the family, especially the children D. He was rude to his sister-in-law 65. Maggie felt pleased when ________ . A. James thanked her for the nice supper B. James gave some money to the children C. she had to wake James up to catch his train D. she paid James the money that she should give him 66. The children did not realize that two of James’ wives ________. A. were dead C. had run away from him B. suffered from loss of memory D. might re-appear one day
E Most young people enjoy some form of physical activity. It may be walking, cycling or swimming, or in winter, skating or skiing. It may be a game of some kind of football, hockey, golf, or tennis. It may be mountaineering (mountain climbing). Those who have a passion for climbing high and difficult mountains are often looked upon with much surprise. Why are men and women willing to suffer cold and hardship, and to take risks on high mountains? This surprise is caused probably by the difference between mountaineering and other forms of activity in which men relax themselves. Mountaineering is a sport and not a game. There are no man-made rules, as for such games as golf and football. There are, of course, rules of a different kind which would be dangerous to ignore, but it is this freedom from man-made rules that makes mountaineering attractive to many people. Those who climb mountains are free to use their own methods. If we compare mountaineering with
other more familiar sports, we might think that one big difference is that mountaineering is not a “team game”. We should be mistaken in this. There are, it is true, no “matches” between “teams” of climbers, but when climbers are on a rock face joined by a rope on which their lives may depend, there is clearly teamwork. The mountain climber knows that he may have to fight forces that are stronger and more powerful than man. He has to fight the forces of nature. His sport requires high mental and physical qualities. A mountain climber continues to improve in skill year after year. A skier is probably past his best by the age of thirty, and most international tennis champions are in their early twenties. But it is no unusual for a man of fifty or sixty to climb the highest mountains in the Alps. They may take more time than younger men, but they probably climb with more skill and less waste of effort, and they certainly experience equal enjoyment. 67. The main difference between a sport and a game lies in _______. A. uniform B. rules C. activity D. skills
68. Mountaineering is also a team sport because ________. A. it connects to rules B. it is about matches between teams C. it needs mental and physical qualities D. mountaineers depend on each other while climbing 69. Which of the following statements is true? ________ A. Mountaineers fight against nature. B. Mountaineers fight against other teams. C. Mountaineers fight against each other. D. Mountaineers fight against international standard. 70. The best title for this passage will be _________. A. My favorite mountaineering B. The required skills of mountain climbing C. Dangerous but attractive mountaineering D. A sport proper for the old and the young
第二卷 （一部分，共50分） 第四部分：书面表达（共两节，满分 50 分）
第一节：完成句子（共 10 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下列各小题，根据括号内的汉语提示，用句末括号内的英语单词完成句子，并将答 案写在答题卡上的相应题号后。 71. She and her family hid away for nearly twenty-five months ___________________________. (discover) 她和她的家人躲藏了差不多 25 个月之后才被发现。
72. Although I try to talk to my classmates, I still ____________________________ make friends with them. (find) 虽然我的却尝试着去跟班上的同学交谈，但是我还是发现很难和他们成为朋友。 73. It was the second time ___________________________________ the meeting about how to deal with the difficulty in English study. (attend) 这是他第二次出席有关如何解决英语学习困难问题的会议。 74. Another time five months ago, I _______________________________ at the dusk when the window was open. (happen) 还有一次，就是在五个月以前的一个晚上，我碰巧在楼上，窗户是开着的。 75. It was when the war was over ________________________________ his hometown. (go) 他是在这场战争结束的时候回到家乡的。 76. The number of people learning English in China 现在在中国学习英语的人的数量在逐渐增加。 77. Mr. Zhang warned us _______________________ the bus before it stopped completely. (get) 张先生警告我们在汽车没有完全停稳之前不要下车。 78. The other day while _________________________ in the park, she noticed an advertisement for photography lessons. (walk) 前几天，她在公园遛狗时，她看到了一份学摄影的招生广告。 79. It is no use ___________________________ over the matter. She is quite stubborn and will never change her mind. (argue) 就这件事与她辩论毫无作用，她非常固执，绝不会改变主意的。 80. Because of that, English ____________________ in many other countries. (begin) 因为这个缘故，许多别的国家开始说英语。 第二节：短文写作 （共一题；满分 30 分） 请根据以下提示，并结合事例，用英语写一篇短文。 Never be afraid of making mistakes. In fact, making mistakes is making progress. ______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ . (increase)
听力理解：01--20 ABABB CBACC ABCBA AACBB 多项选择：21--30 ACCCD CCBBD 完型填空：31--35 BADDC 36-40 BABAD 41-45 CBDAC 46-50 ABDCC 阅读理解: 51--54 BCDD 55-58 BAAC 59-62 DCAB 63-66 BDBA 67-70 BDAC 完成句子：
71. before they were discovered 72. find it difficult/ hard to 73. that he had attended 74. happened to be upstairs 75. that he went back to 76. is increasing 77. not to get off 78. walking the dog 79. arguing with her 80. began to be spoken