在复合句中起名词作用的从句叫做名词性从句。它包括主语从句、宾语从句、表语从句和同位语从句。名词性从 句是中学阶段的一个重要语法项目，在历年的高考中几乎都涉及到，并且每年的命题各有变化。分析历届高考试题名 词性从句考查的焦点主要有以下六个方面 1. 考查名词性从句的语序问题 2. 考查引导词 that 与 what 的区别 3. 考查 it 在名词性从句中
作形式主语或形式宾语的用法 4. 考查 whether 与 if 的区别 5. 考查名词性从句中的疑问词+ever 引导的名词性从句与 no matter+疑问词引导的状语从句的区别 6. 考查名词 性从句的虚拟语气问题 语法要点剖析 一、名词性从句 主语从句、表语从句、宾语从句、同位语从句，在整个句子中所起的作用，相当于一个名词。因此，这四种从句 通称为名词性从句。 引导名词性从句的连接词可分为三类： 连接词：that, whether, if （不充当从句的任何成分） 连接代词：what, whatever, who, whoever, whom, whose, which. 连接副词：when, where, how, why 1. 主语从句 作句子主语的从句叫主语从句。 主语从句通常由从属连词 that， whether， if 和连接代词 what， who， which， whatever， whoever 以及连接副词 how，when，where，why 等词引导。that 在句中无词义，只起连接作用；连接代词和连接副词 在句中既保留自己的疑问含义、又起连接作用，在从句中充当从句的成分。例如： What he wants to tell us is not clear. 他要跟我们说什么，还不清楚。 It is known to us how he became a writer. 我们都知道他是如何成为一名作家的。 Where the English evening will be held has not yet been announced. 英语晚会将在哪里举行，还没有宣布。 有时为避免句子头重脚轻，常用形式主语 it 代替主语从句作形式主语放于句首，而把主语从句置于句末。主语从 句后的谓语动词一般用单数形式。常用句型如下： （1）It + be + 名词 + that 从句 （2）It + be + 形容词 + that 从句 （3）It + be + 动词的过去分词 + that 从句 （4）It + 不及物动词 + that 从句 另注意在主语从句中用来表示惊奇、不相信、惋惜、理应如此等语气时，谓语动词要用虚拟语气“(should) +do” ， 常用的句型有： It is necessary (important, natural, strange, etc.) that ? It is a pity (a shame, no wonder, etc.) that? It is suggested (requested, proposed, desired, etc.) that? 2. 宾语从句 名词句用作宾语的从句叫宾语从句。引导宾语从句的关联词与引导主语从句表语从句的关联词大致一样，在句中 可以作谓语动词或介词及非谓语动词的宾语。 1. 由连接词 that 引导的宾语从句 由连接词 that 引导宾语从句时，that 在句中不担任任何成分，在口语或非正式的文体中常被省去，但如从句是并列 句时,第二个分句前的 that 不可省。例如： He has told me that he will go to Shanghai tomorrow. 他已经告诉我他明天要去上海。 We must never think (that) we are good in everything while others are good in nothing. 我们决不能认为自己什么都好，别人什么都不好。 注意：在 demand、order、suggest、decide、insist, desire, demand, request, command 等表示要求、命令、建议、决定等 意义的动词后，宾语从句常用“ （should）+ 动词原形” 。例如： I insist that she (should) do her work alone. 我坚持要她自己工作。 The commander ordered that troops (should) set off at once. 司令员命令部队马上出发。
2. 用 who， whom, which, whose, what, when, where, why, how, whoever, whatever, whichever 等关联词引导的宾语从句 相当于特殊疑问句，应注意句子语序要用陈述语序。 例如： I want to know what he has told you. 我想知道他告诉了你什么。 She always thinks of how she can work well. 她总是在想怎样能把工作做好。 She will give whoever needs help a warm support. 凡需要帮助的人，她都会给予热情的支持。 3. 用 whether 或 if 引导的宾语从句，其主语和谓语的顺序也不能颠倒，仍保持陈述句语序。此外，whether 与 if 在作 “是否”的意思讲时在下列情况下一般只能用 whether，不用 if： a. 引导主语从句并在句首时；b. 引导表语从句时；c . 引导从句作介词宾语时；d. 从句后有“or not”时；e. 后接动 词不定式时。 例如： Whether there is life on the moon is an interesting question. 月球上有没有生命是个有趣的问题。 Everything depends on whether we have enough money. 一切要看我们是否有足够的钱。 4. 注意宾语从句中的时态呼应，当主句动词是现在时，从句根据自身的句子情况，而使用 不同时态。 例如： he studies English every day. （从句用一般现在时） he studied English last term. （从句用一般过去时） I know (that) he will study English next year. （从句用一般将来时） he has studied English since 1998. （从句用现在完成时） 当主句动词是过去时态（could, would 除外） ，从句则要用相应的过去时态，如一般过去时，过去进行时，过去将 来时等；当从句表示的是客观真理，科学原理，自然现象，则从句仍用现在时态。 例如：The teacher told us that Tom had left us for America． 5. think, believe, imagine, suppose 等等动词引起的否定性宾语从句中，要把上述主句中的动词变为否定式。即将从句 中的否定形式移到主句中。 例如： We don’t think you are here. 我们认为你不在这。 I don’t believe he will do so. 我相信他不会这样做。 3. 表语从句 在句中作表语的从句叫表语从句。引导表语从句的关联词与引导主语从句的关联词大致一样，表语从句位于连系 动词后，有时用 as if 引导。其基本结构为：主语 + 系动词 + that 从句。例如： The fact is that we have lost the game. 事实是我们已经输了这场比赛。 That is why he didn’t come to the meeting. 那就是他为什么不到会的原因。 It looks as if it is going to rain. 看上去天要下雨了。 需要注意的，当主语是 reason 时，表语从句要用 that 引导而不是 because。例如： The reason why he was late was that he missed the train by one minute this morning 4. 同位语从句 同位语从句说明其前面的名词的具体内容。同位语从句通常由 that 引导，可用于同位语从句的名词有 advice、 demand、doubt、fact、hope、idea、information、message、news、order、problem、promise、question、request、suggestion、 truth、wish、word 等。例如： The news that we won the game is exciting. 我们赢得这场比赛的消息令人激动。 I have no idea when he will come back home. 我不知道他什么时候回来。 The thought came to him that Mary had probably fallen ill. 他想到可能玛丽生病了。 同位语从句和定语从句的区别： that 作为关系代词，可以引导定语从句，充当句子成分，在从句中作宾语时可以省略； that 引导同位语从句时， 起连词的作用，没有实际意义，不充当句子成分，一般不能省略。 试比较下面两个例句: I had no idea that you were here． （that 引导同位语从句，不能省略） Have you got the idea（that）this book gives you of life in ancient Greece？（that 引导定语从句，作宾语，可以省略）
名词性从句专项练习 100 题
1. His success was because of ________ he had been working hard. A. that B. the fact which C. the fact that D. the fact 2. “Is Mary from New York City” “I don't know _______.” A. from what city does she come from C. what city does she come from 3. ________ makes mistakes must correct them. A. What A. because I got A. while A. did he do that B. That B. because of getting B. that B. he did that C. Whoever C. I got C. if C. he did D. Whatever D. that I got D. for D. he has done so 4. The reason why I didn't go to Shanghai was ________ a new job. 5. It worried her a bit ____ her hair was turning grey. 6. Henry killed the dog. I'll ask him why ________. 7. Have you seen Henry lately My boss wants to know ________. A. how he is getting along C. what he is getting along A. however B. whatever B. how is he getting along D. what is he getting along C. whichever B. what wrong was D. what trouble it is C. of that C. has not known B. did the watch cost D. the watch costs B. afraid about C. afraid that D. afraid for D. that what D. have not bee D. whenever B. from what city she come D. what city she comes from
8. It is generally considered unwise to give a child ____ he or she wants. 9. He asked me ________ with me. A. what is the trouble C. what was the matter 10. I am sure ________ he said is true. A. that A. is not known B. about that B. are not known 11. When and why he came here ________ yet. 12. I wonder how much ________. A. does the watch cost C. the watch costed 13. Mary is ________ someone might recognize her. A. afraid of 14.________ is no reason for dismissing her. A. Because she was a few minutes late C. The fact that she was a few minutes late A. that not all things can be done C. being not all things can be done A. for A. that B. because B. if B. Owing to a few minutes late D. Being a few minutes late B. because of not all things be done D. because not all things can be done C. since C. what D. that D. whether
15. They came to the conclusion ________ by a computer.
16. Why the explosion occurred was ________ the laboratory attendant had been careless. 17. I don't doubt ________ he'll come. 18. —“Why did you go to the wrong class, Mr. Wang”
—“Well, I forget _______ I was supposed to go to.” A. which the room A. that B. which room B. which C. what was the room C. what D. what room was it D. of which 19. Output is now six times ________ it was before liberation. 20. Mary: Helen is a mere washer woman, yet she's now buying a big house. Carol: Yes. Because she's always saved ________. A. what little she earns C. for little she earns A. That…what A. which A. that B. What…that B. what B. which B. how little she earns D. with little she earns C. That…which C. that C. all what D. What…which D. this D. all that
21. ______ surprised me most was ______ such a little boy of seven could play the violin so well. 22. We gave him ________ help we could. 23. She is pleased with what you have given him and ________ you have told him. 24. Excuse me would you please tell me ________ A. when the sports meet is taken place C. when is the sports meet to begin 25. Do you happen to know ________ A. what size shoes he wears C. what is the size of his shoes A. how you have observed C. that you have observed 27. Where do you think ________ A. has he gone B. has he been C. he's gone D. was he 28. Do you know ________ A. how many populations there are in the world B. how much population there is in the world C. how many the population of the world is D. what the population of the world is 29. Would you go and see ________ outside A. what to take place C. what is happening A. what B. interesting B. what Tom has happened D. what the matter had been C. What is interesting D. I B. how big shoes he wears D. what number shoes are his B. how what you have observed D. how that you have observed B. when is the sports meet going to be held D. when the sports meet is to take place
26. This book will show you ________ can be used in other contexts.
30. The subject of "What is interesting is that I do not even know him." is_______. 31. ________ I think he is Charles. A. Who do you think he is C. Whom do you think he is 32. He didn't know which room ________. A. they lived A. that B. they lived in B. which C. did they live C. whatever D. did they live in D. no matter what 33. The little boy ate ________ his mother gave him. B. Do you think who he is D. Do you think who he is
34. The city is no longer ________. A. what it is A. which A. If…do A. What…that A. That…what A. what that A. if B. that it used to be B. that B. That…do B. That…what B. What…that B. that what B. that C. which it was C. what C. If…does C. How…why C. Where…which C. that which C. whether D. what it used to be D. all what D. That…does D. Why…how D. Which…where D. which that D. which 35. My parents used ________ they had to get a new car for me. 36. ________ we go swimming every day ________ us a lot of good. 37. ________ was the idea _______ the wife thought of 38. _______ did he tell his wife ________ he wished to do 39. One of the men held the view ________ the book said was right. 40. I have no idea ________ or not he has finished the work. 41. —“Do you know ________” —“His father is a doctor.” A. what is his father C. what his father is A. place A. thinks that A. where A. if B. place in which B. is thought what B. wherever B. that B. who is his father D. who his father is C. where C. thought that C. that C. what D. place which D. is thought that D. that wherever D. whether
42. Is this ________ we met each other two years ago 43. It ________ Bob drives badly. 44. We all know the truth ________ there are air, water and sunlight there are living things. 45. They discussed ________ they could settle the problem without others' help. 46. She asked ________. A. what I was doing when she rang me up C. when she rang me up what I was doing 47. —May I borrow the ring —You can take _______ you like. A. no matter what B. which 48. He said that he was fond of ________. A. what beautiful is C. beautiful is what A. was, be sent A. who A. if B. is, is sent B. whom B. that B. what is beautiful D. what it is beautiful C. be, was sent C. that C. whether D. be, send D. whose D. how C. whichever D. that B. what was I doing when she rang me up D. when did she ring me up what I was doing
49. He insisted that he ________ in good health and _______ to work there. 50. Do you know ________ he expects will give us a talk 51. It's uncertain ________ the experiment is worth doing. 52. They would have fixed the telephone yesterday _________ it was a holiday.
B. except for
C. except that
D. but for
53. ________ is to do good all one's life and never do anything bad. A. Whichever is hard C. What is hard A. That A. we go A. What, what A. What B. What B. we will go B. What, that B. Who B. No matter what is hard D. All what is hard C. How C. should we go C. That, that C. That D. Which D. that we go D. That, what D. Whether
54. ________ the boy didn't take medicine made his mother angry. 55. As the day was fine, I made the suggestion ________ for a walk in the park. 56. ____ we can't get seems better than ____ we have. 57. ____ you don't like him is none of my business. 58. You can't imagine ____ when they received these nice Christmas presents. A. how they were excited C. how excited were they A. If A. What … that A. That A. When A. If A. How A. What A. Who A. Which A. which A. why A. even if A. that B. Whether B. That … what B. Why B. Why B. Where B. What B. If B. Anyone B. That B. when B. when B. as if B. what B. how excited they were D. they were how excited C. That C. Why … that C. How C. What C. That C. Why C. Why C. Whoever C. If C. that C. what C. even though C. why D. Where D. If … what D. Who D. That D. What D. This D. Whether D. Anybody D. How D. where D. who D. like D. how
59. ____ we'll go camping tomorrow depends on the weather. 60. ________he really means is ________he disagrees with us. 61. _________is going to do the job will be decided by the Party committee. 62. _______ we'll finish translating the book depends on the time. 63. _______ the house will be built will be discussed at tomorrow's meeting. 64. _______ he won't go there is clear to all of us. 65. _______ you come or not is up to you. 66. _______ makes mistakes must correct them. 67. _______ team will win the match is a matter of public concern. 68.Three days later, word came ________our country had sent up another man-made satellite. 69.The problem is ________will go to the meeting. 70.It looks _______ it were going to rain. 71.That is _______ he likes the place so much. 72.That is ______ Lu Xun once lived.
A. what A. that A. which A. is
B. where B. it B. what B. are
C. that C. this C. that C. were B. that gentleman is who
D. why D. what D. how D. was
73. We thought _______ strange that Tom did not come yesterday. 74.The fact _______ she had not said anything surprised all of us. 75.What I'm considering now _________ the money we need. 76.Can you tell me __________ A. who is that gentleman C. who that gentleman is A. Anyone B. The person D. whom is that gentleman C. Whoever B. that D. how B. which B. that B. what B. what B. that of those B. Whether B. who…X B. whether B. that B. if B. how C. what C. how C. which C. that C. that all of C. What C. what…X C. if C. when C. X C. which B. that he will come D. whether he would come C. that if D. whether D. such D. why what D. X D. whether D. which of those D. When D. how…that D. when D. how D. that D. that how D. Who
77. ________leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights. 78. It is well known _________ a person eats causes changes in the body. A. that what, when, and how C. what A. that A. why A. that A. which A. what those A. If A. who…that A. that A. for A. whether A. if
79. The energy is ________ makes the cells able to do their work. 80. Jack was soon told ________ he did was not necessary. 81. We should think carefully about ________ Mr. Needham said at the meeting. 82. Can you point out ________ two radios are the best 83. You will easily know ________ video recorders (录相机) are the same. 84. ________ you have seen things like these before doesn't matter. 85. I asked her in English ________ she was, and she told me ________ she was an actress. 86. She took it for granted ________ I'd be back home an hour ago. 87. We think it possible ________ the local government will be able to solve the housing problem. 88. Now there is a danger ________ the ground may fall in (沉下) under the heavy traffic. 89. At that time I had no idea ________ I could hand it to him without being seen. 90. Last Sunday he promised ________ today, but he hasn't appeared yet. A. that he would come C. he will come to see me A. if B. that
91. Last Sunday he made a promise ________ he was free he would take me to Qingdao.
92. Do you have any idea ________ A. when Miss Smith will arrive C. how will Miss Smith arrive 93. I have almost forgotten ________. A. how Mr. Taylor's like C. what Mr. Taylor's face is A. how you get …that you give C. what you get …what you give 95. Do you know ________ A. what is this used for C. which this is used 96. ________ surprised me most was ________. A. That…that she spoke Japanese so well C. What…that she spoke Japanese so well 97. ________ is to dance. A. That interests Mary really C. What really interests Mary 98. We were greatly amused by ________. A. what you have told us C. what you told us A. that we expected C. which we have expected A. That…that you had expected C. That…what you had expected B. which you had told us D. that you told us B. what we expected D. what we expect B. What …that you had expected D. What…what you had expected B. Which really interests Mary. D. What really interest Mary B. What…how could she speak Japanese so well D. That…why she could speak Japanese so well B. what this is used for D. that this is used for B. what Mr. Taylor's face is like D. which Mr. Taylor's face is like B. which you got what you give D. what do you get…what do you give B. when will Miss Smith arrive D. why hasn't Miss Smith arrived
94. The true value of life is not in ________, but ________.
99. These computers are different from ________.
100. ________ Tom liked to eat was different from ________.
1-5.CDCDB 26-30.BCDCC 51-55.CCCAD 76-80 CCCCD
6-10.BABCD 31-35.ABCDC 56-60.ACBBA 81-85 BADBC
11-15.ADCCA 36-40.DABBC 61-65 DABCD 86-90 ABDBA
16-20.DABCA 41-45.CCDDD 66-70 CACDB 91-95 CABCB
21-25.BBDDA 46-50.ACBAA 71-75 CBBCA 96-100 CCCBD