高二英语 11 月教学质量检测 （考试时间 120 分钟，总分 150 分）
一、单项填空（20 小题，每小题 1 分，共 20 分） 1. Jane looked at ________ damaged rainforest with ___________ disappointment. A. /；a B. the；/ C. /；/ D. the； a 2. Com
e and see me whenever _______. A. you are convenient B. you will be convenient C. it is convenient to you D. it will be convenient to you 3. Since everything develops, we have to make adjustments _____ the changing situation. A. in B. on C. to D. through 4. — The light was on all night long. —Yes. It seemed that Mike ________.He was the last one to leave the office. A．was to be blamed B．was to blame C．had been blamed D．should blame 5. The suit fitted him well ________ the color was a little brighter. A．except for B．in addition to C．apart from D．except that 6. I forgot all about Jenny because my wife hurried towards me________I went outside. A．at the moment B．for the moment C．the moment D．the instantly 7. At the sight of the policeman，________from behind the door. A．did the thief rush out B．out did the thief rush C．out rushed the thief D．rushed out the thief 8. Only _____ as an interpreter _____ how important it was to practise speaking English. A. when did I work…I realized B. when did I work…did I realize C. when I work…did I realize D. when I worked…did I realize 9．Miss Gao _______ in the library for three years. But now she is a teacher. A. has worked B. worked C. had worked D. has been working 10. On the bank of the river, we found him ______ on a beach, with his eyes ______ on a kite in the sky. A. seated; fixing B. sitting; fixing C. seated; fixed D. sitting; being fixed 11. ____ the danger of drunk driving, many drivers promised never to drive after drinking. A. Realizing B. To have realized C. Realized D. Having realized 12. They are against the proposal, for it ________too much farmland. A．puts up B．takes up C．gives up D．makes up 13. The purse found on the playground matches the ________by Mary, so it must be hers. A．direction B．expression C．description D．instruction 14. Do you think _____ true that _______is hard work that leads to success? A it; it B it ;what C that; it D what; which 15._________ in the mountains for a week, the two students were finally saved by the local police. A. Having lost B. Lost C. Being lost D. Losing 16. He was born in ______, and now he is in ________ A his 1950s; his fifties B the 1950?s; his fifties C the 1950s; the fifties D his 1950s; the fifties 17. Take care during the holidays！Drinking too much can ________ heart disease and cause high blood pressure. A．attend to B．relate to C．contribute to D．devote to 18. We managed to ________ two dogs that were fighting. A．split B．divide C．tear D．separate
19. Unless ___ to speak，you should remain silent at the conference． A．being invited B．inviting C．invited D．having invited 20.—What made Alice so upset? —________. A. Peter?s leaving without saying goodbye B. Peter left without saying goodbye C. Peter was leaving without saying goodbye D. Peter had left without saying goodbye 二、完型填空（20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 21—40 题所给的四个选项（A、B、C、D）中， 选出最佳选项，并在答题纸上将该选项标号涂黑。 This is the story of two lovers, who finally got married. Both of them were romantic at first, 21 on the walk of life, problems, quarrels, profession came into their life. One day, she finally decided “I want to break up”. “Why?” he asked. “I am 22 .” she answered. He kept silent the whole night, seemingly in deep 23 . Finally he asked, “What can I do to 24 your mind?” Looking into his eyes she said, “Answer my question. If you can 25 my heart, I will change my mind. Let?s say, I want a flower 26 on the face of a mountain cliff (悬崖), we both are sure that picking the flower will cause your 27 . Will you do it for me?” He said, “I will give you my 28 tomorrow.” She woke up the next morning, found him gone, and saw a piece of paper on her bed, which 29 , “My dear, I would not pick that flower for you, the 30 are …” “When you use the computer you always 31 the software, and you cry in front of the screen. I have to save my fingers so that I can help to restore the 32 . You always leave the house keys behind, thus I have to save my 33 to rush home to open the door for you. You love traveling but always lose your way in a (n) 34 city. I have to save my eyes to show you the way. You always 35 at the computer, and that will do nothing good for your eyes. I have to save my eyes 36 when we grow old, I can help to clip(剪) your nails and help to remove those 37 white hairs.” “Thus, my dear, unless I am sure that there is someone who loves you 38 I do … I could not pick that flower yet, and die …” That?s life, and 39 . Flowers, and romantic moments are only used and appear on the 40 of the relationship. Under all this, the pillar of true love stands. 21．A．but B．and C．or D．so 22．A．lonely B．shamed C．tired D．worried 23．A．space B．thought C．shade D．impression 24．A．speak B．change C．blow D．keep 25．A．represent B．expand C．admit D．convince 26．A．growing B．falling C．living D．waiting 27．A．attention B．satisfaction C．interest D．death 28．A．agreement B．answer C．announcement D．judgment 29．A．wrote B．informed C．printed D．went 30．A．meanings B．messages C．reasons D．purposes 31．A．turn up B．put up C．use up D．mess up 32．A．structures B．programs C．balance D．position
33．A．legs B．patience C．energy D．dollars 34．A．ancient B．new C．modern D．underground 35．A．shout B．jump C．knock D．stare 36．A．as if B．now that C．so that D．in case 37．A．annoying B．enjoyable C．dusty D．amusing 38．A．less than B．rather than C．more than D．other than 39．A．determination B．love C．progress D．power 40．A．way B．surface C．principle D．nature 三、阅读理解（共 25 小题，每题 2 分，满分 50 分） 第一节 （共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答 题卷上将该项涂黑。
Recently I overheard a father and daughter in their last moments together at the airport. The airline had announced her departure and standing near the security gate, they hugged and he said, “I love you. I wish you enough.” She in turn said, “Dad, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Dad.” They kissed and she left. He walked over toward the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy, but he welcomed me in by asking, “Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?” “Yes, I have,” I replied. “Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?” “I am old and she lives much too far away. I have challenges ahead, and the reality is, the next trip back will be for my funeral,” he said. 2 “When you were saying good-bye I heard you say, ?I wish you enough?. May I ask what that , means?” 4 He began to smile. “That?s a wish that has been handed down for many generations within , my family. My parents used to say it to everyone.” 6 He paused for a moment, looking up as if trying to remember it in detail, and then he smiled even more. “When we said ?I wish you enough?, we wanted the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them,” he continued and then turning toward me he shared the following: “I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive. I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger. I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting. I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess. I wish you enough ?Hellos? to get you enough the final ?Good-byes?.” Then he walked away. I WISH YOU ENOUGH!
41．The father was at the airport to ________. A．welcome his daughter home C．meet his daughter and the author
B．see his daughter off D．share the touching poem with the author C. interact D. prevent
42. What does the word “intrude” in the 3 paragraph mean? A. interfere B. interrupt 43．It can be inferred that ________. A．the daughter was eager to leave her father. B．It was not convenient for the father and daughter to see each other face to face. C．The daughter is looking forward to her father?s funeral. D．The daughter did not want her father to live together with her. 44．What is probably the author?s feeling after hearing the father?s words explaining the meaning “I wish you enough”? A．moved B．satisfied C．interested D．sorrowful 45．Which is probably the best title of this story? A．Enough is Enough C．Father and Daughter B．You Can Never be Happy Enough D．I Wish You Enough
My name is Katie Mackenbrock, and I am from Chicago, Illinois. I am 18 and a freshman at the University of Arizona. I chose to attend a school so far from home because my dad went here when he was my age, and my older sister is presently a senior here. The weather is so different here from that in Chicago. If I were in Chicago right now, I would be freezing cold. Here in Tucson, the weather is so nice. It is always sunny with blue skies and the scenery is beautiful. From campus, you can look anywhere and see the beautiful mountains in the skyline. I live in the only dorm here that has three students in a room. The rooms are a lot bigger than I thought they would be. One of my roommates is from New Jersey and the other one is all the way from South Korea. My roommate from New Jersey and I have become really good friends. Our other roommate is kind of mean(卑鄙的) to us, so there is always awkward （尴尬的） tension in our room, which isn?t too fun, but I am always so busy with my study that it doesn?t matter too much. I am taking 5 classes here--- English, Spanish, and three general education classes. The general education classes are the big lecture classes. I am not too fond of them, because I come from a very small high school. For the most part, though, I love my classes. I am a political science major. I want to attend law school after I graduate and eventually work for the CIA. As much as I miss my parents being this far from home, I love living here. It helps that I get to see my sister almost every day. I couldn?t have chosen a better college for myself. 46. The writer chose to attend the University of Arizona because ____________. A. it is one of the best colleges in America B. it lies in the city near her home C. she had been refused by other colleges D. her family was associated with the college 47. How is the weather in Tucson different from that in Chicago? A. It is warmer. B. It rains more. C. It is more changeable. D. It is less friendly.
48. The writer?s roommate from South Korea ____________. A. has become the writer?s best friend B. tries hard to be fun and friendly C. doesn?t get along well with the writer D. is busy with her study all the time. 49. The writer majors in ________________. A. English B. Spanish C. General Education D. Political Science 50. The passage is written mainly to ________________. A. show the writer?s independence B. introduce the writer?s college C. show how to apply for the school D. persuade people to study abroad
An idea that started in Seattle's public library has spread throughout America and beyond. The concept is simple: help to build a sense of community in a city by getting everyone to read the same book at the same time. In addition to encouraging reading as a pursuit (追求) to be enjoyed by all, the program allows strangers to communicate by discussing the book on the bus, as well as promoting reading as an experience to be shared in families and schools. The idea came from Seattle librarian Nancy Pearl who launched (发起）the "If All of Seattle Read the Same Book " project in 1998. Her original program used author visits, study guides and book discussion groups to bring people together with a book, but the idea has since expanded to many other American cities, and even to Hong Kong. In Chicago, the mayor appeared on television to announce the choice of To Kill a Mockingbird as the first book in the "One Book, One Chicago" program. As a result, reading clubs and neighborhood groups sprang up around the city. Across the US, stories emerged of parents and children reading to each other at night and strangers chatting away on the bus about plot and character. The only problem arose in New York, where local readers could not decide on one book to represent the huge and diverse population. This may show that the idea works best in medium-sized cities or large towns, where a greater sense of unity(一致）can be achieved .Or it may show that New Yorkers rather missed the point, putting all their energy and passion into the choice of the book rather than discussion about a book itself. As Nancy points out, the level of success is not measured by how many people read a book, but by how many people are enriched by the process or have enjoyed speaking to someone with whom they would not otherwise have shared a word. 51. What is the purpose of the project launched by Nancy? A. To invite authors to guide readers. B. To encourage people to read and share. C. To involve people in community service. D. To promote the friendship between cities. 52. Why was it difficult for New Yorkers to carry out the project? A. They had little interest in reading. B. They were too busy to read a book. C. They came from many different backgrounds. D. They lacked support from the local government.
53. According to the passage, where would the project be more easily carried out? A. In large communities with little sense of unity B. In large cities where libraries are far from home C. In medium-sized cities with a large population D. In large towns where agreement can be quickly reached 54. The underlined words “shared a word” in Paragraph 5 probably mean . A. exchanged ideas with each other B. discussed the meaning of a word C. gained life experience D. used the same language 55. According to Nancy, the degree of success of the project is judged by . A. the careful selection of a proper book B. the growing popularity of the writers C. the number of people who benefit from reading D. the number of books that each person reads
The evidence for harmony may not be obvious in some families. But it seems that four out of five young people now get on with their parents, which is the opposite of the popularly-held image of unhappy teenagers locked in their room after endless family quarrels. An important new study into teenage attitudes surprisingly shows that their family life is more harmonious than it has ever been in the past. “We were surprised by just how positive today?s young people seem to be about their families,” said one member of the research team. “They?re expected to be rebellious （叛逆的） and selfish but actually they have other things on their minds; they want a car and material goods, and they worry about whether school is serving them well. There?s more negotiation and discussion between parents and children, and children expect to take part in the family decision-making process. They don?t want to rock the boat.” So it seems that this generation of parents is much more likely than parents of 30 years ago to treat their children as friends. “My parents are happy to discuss things with me and willing to listen to me,” says 17-year-old Daniel Lazall, “I always tell them when I?m going out clubbing. As long as they know what I?m doing, they?re fine with it.” Susan Crome, who is now 21, agrees. “Looking back on the last 10 years, there was a lot of what you could call negotiation. For example, as long as I?d done all my homework, I could go out on a Saturday night. But I think my grandparents were a lot stricter with my parents than that.” Maybe this positive view of family life should not be unexpected. It is possible that the idea of teenage rebellion is not rooted in real facts. A researcher comments, “Our surprise that teenagers say they get along well with their parents comes because of a brief period in our social history when teenagers were regarded as different beings. But that idea of rebelling and breaking away from their parents really only happened during that one time in the 1960s when everyone rebelled. The normal situation throughout history has been a smooth change from helping out with the family business to taking it over.” 56. What is the popularly- held image of teenagers? A. They worry about their school life. B. They live in harmony with their parents. C. They have to be locked in to avoid making troubles. D. They quarrel a lot with their parents.
57. The study shows that teenagers don?t want to ______. A. share family responsibility C. go boating with their family A. go to clubs more often with their children B. are much stricter with their children C. care less about their children?s life D. give their children more freedom 59. According to the author, teenage rebellion _______． A. may be a false belief C. is based on real facts 60. What is the passage mainly about? A. Negotiation in family. B. Education in family. C. Harmony in family. D. Teenage trouble in family. 第二节：任务型阅读 （共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下列材料，从所给的六个选项(A、B、C、D、E 和 F)中，选出符合各小题要求的最佳 选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。选项中有一项是多余选项。 A. A sense of humor is not an inborn ability. B. A sense of humor can be developed in our life. C. A sense of humor helps us from several aspects. D. A sense of humor means more than telling jokes. E. A sense of humor can be expressed in many ways. F. A sense of humor helps people to better enjoy life. 61. _____ As awareness of the benefits of humor increases, most of us want to get all the laughs we can. It seems that almost every day there is another new discovery about the power of humor to help us physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Every system of the body responds to laughter in some important or positive way. 62. _____ Many people mistakenly believe that we are born with a sense of humor. They think that when it comes to a sense of humor, “either you?ve got it or you don?t.” This is false. What is true, however, is that the ability to laugh and smile is actually something we are born with. For example, we laugh when we are tickled under the arm, even without thinking about how to react. 63. _____ The parts of the brain and central nervous system that control laughing and smiling are mature at birth in human infants, but that is not the same thing as having a sense of humor. (After all, when a baby laughs in his small bed we don?t rush over and say, “That kid has a great sense of humor.”) Your sense of humor is something you can develop over a lifetime. Don?t be nervous before others and try to laugh at yourself—then you will make them laugh too. 64. _____ Humor includes a lot more than laughing and joke telling. Many people worry needlessly that they do not have a good sense of humor because they are not good joke tellers. More than jokes, a sense of humor requires being willing and able to see the funny side of life?s situations as they happen. In fact, one of the best definition of a sense of humor is “the ability to see the nonserious element in a situation”. B. is common nowadays D. resulted from changes in families B. cause trouble in their families D. make family decisions
58. Compared with parents of 30 years ago, today?s parents______．
65. _____ There may be a thousand different ways to express your sense of humor, but joke telling is only one of those ways. As more is discovered about how humor benefits our life, more people will be able to see and enjoy the humor when they are in a difficult situation. Life depends on air, food and water, but it is made easier to live with a good sense of humor. 四、根据课文内容填空(10 小题，共 10 分) （注意：根据所给出单词的首字母，在答题卷上写出单词的完整形式，每空限填一词） 1. But he became inspired when he thought about helping ordinary people e________ to cholera. 2. His friends were enthusiastic and encouraged him to p_______ his ideas, but Copernicus was cautious. 3. Now when people refer to England you find Wales i________ as well. 4. However, the southern part of Ireland was u________ and broke away to form its own government. 5. It contained statues in m________ of dead poets and writers, such as Shakespeare. 6. I have to remind myself c________ that I am really in AD 3008. 7. I lost s________ of Wang Ping when we reached what looked like a large market because of too many carriages flying by in all directions. 8. The capsule began swinging gently sideways as we lay r________ and dreaming. 9. In another part of London, he found supporting evidence from two other deaths that were l_______ to the Broad Street outbreak. 10. So between 1510 and 1514 he worked on it, gradually improving his theory until he felt it was c________. 五、单词拼写(10 小题，共 10 分) （注意：根据所给出单词的首字母，在答题卷上写出单词的完整形式，每空限填一词） 1. The soup c________ of tomatoes, meat and peas, doesn?t it? 2. She was a________ by the beautiful scenery. 3. His first speech as president made a deep i_________ on his audiences. 4. I don?t make s_______ of what you said just now. Could you explain it to me now? 5. To the d_______ of the children, they found many toys at the party. 6. R______ speaking, I?d say we need about ﹩500. 7. The girl turned the h_______ and opened the door. 8. He looked at the gold with g_______ eyes. 9. The twins, Jack and John, are very much a_________. 10. No one can t_________ his bad temper. 六、短文改错（10 分） 文中共有 10 处语言错误。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加上一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意： 1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词。 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不记分。 One snowy day, I fell over because carelessness on my way to school. My feet were serious hurt. The doctor told me to lay in bed for a month or so, which was deeply disappointed me. Still worse, my classmates and I have planned a trip to Beihai Park to
celebrate my birthday on Sunday. It was no doubt that I would have a lonely and bored birthday. To my surprise, on the afternoon of my birthday, several classmate turned up in my home with some gifts. We had a happy chat, sang karaoke and played cards. Both of us had a good time. Their thoughtfulness or kindness really touched me. How moving and unforgettable! 七、书面表达（20 分） 假如你是张华，近日写信给某英文报的编辑（100-120 词左右） ，反映目前人们滥养宠物 的问题，希望得到媒体的关注和支持。信的内容应包括以下要求： 1、宠物过多，噪音扰民； 2、污染环境； 3、不少人尤其孩子曾被惊吓或咬伤； 4、传播疾病。 注意：1.信的开头和署名已为你写好，不计入总词数。 2.可适当增加细节以使行文连贯。 Dear Editor, Nowadays, some people in our city are keeping too many pets, but they don?t care about it enough. So I want to tell you something about the problems caused by it.
Yours faithfully, Zhang Hua
高二英语 11 月教学质量检测（答案）
一、 单项填空（20 小题，每小题 1 分，共 20 分）
1-5 BCCBD 11-15 DBCAB 21-25 ACBBD 31-35 DBABD 41-45 BABAD 51-55 BCDAC 61-65 CABDF
6-10 CCDBC 16-20 BCDCA 26-30 ADBDC 36-40 CACBB 46-50 DACDB 56-60 DBDAC
二、完型填空（20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分）
三、阅读理解（共 25 小题，每题 2 分，满分 50 分）
四、根据课文内容填空(10 小题，共 10 分) 1.exposed 4. unwilling 7. sight 2.publish 5. memory 8. relaxed 9. linked 3. included 6. constantly 10. complete
五、单词拼写(10 小题，共 10 分) 1. consists 4. 7. sense handle 2.attracted 5.delight 8. greedy 9. alike 3. impression 6. Roughly 10. tolerate
六、短文改错（10 分） 1. because 后加 of 4. which was---was 去掉 7. bored---boring 9. Both---All 2. serious----seriously 5. have---had 8. classmate---classmates 10. or---and 3.lay---lie 6. It----There
七、书面表达（20 分） Dear Editor, Nowadays, some people in our city are keeping too many pets, but they don?t care about it enough. So I want to tell you something about the problems caused by it. I consider the problems more and more serious for the following reasons. First of all, as is
known to us, pets make too much noise that trouble residents a lot. What?s more, it?s widely accepted that animal wastes pollute the environment, which makes people quite uncomfortable. Many owners like taking their pets to public places where they may frighten children or even sometimes bite people. The most important is that pets can spread some disease and this has attracted much attention. Taking all these factors into consideration, I sincerely hope that I can get help from you and expect the media to do something for it.