Let’s read some words and expressions mentioned in the text together
Rooler coaster 过山车
pirate ship 海盗船
a pirate ship
free-fall drops 自由落体设施
Snow White and seven Dwarfs
Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
Carpenters and craftsmen and their works
Try traditional candy
steam-engin train 蒸汽火车
bald eagle 秃鹰
fight with swords or on horseback 剑术或马上格斗
Merlin the Wizard
Camelot Park you can watch In ____________, magic shows with Merlin the Wizard.
Theme Parks – Fun and More Than Fun
1.What is the meaning of the title “Theme
Parks – Fun and more than fun”?
（2）: educational and can offer useful information.
2. Get the main idea of each paragraph:
Para. 1: various kinds of theme parks Para. 2: Disneyland Para. 3: Dollywood Para. 4: Camelot Park
Task 1.Details of each theme park (1)What is mentioned(提到) in Disneyland?
a pirate ship fairy tale Snow White Mickey Mouse Swinging ships free fall drops
(2)What do we know about Dollywood? in the USA to show and celebrate American southeastern culture
carpenters and other craftsmen make wood, glass and iron objects
country music, candy shop, steam-engine train, bald eagle preserve, wooden roller coaster
(3)What can we see and do in Camelot Park?
experience ancient England watch magic shows with Merlin the Wizard fight with swords or on horseback
visit farm area
1. According to the text, people
can find Snow White and B Mickey Mouse in ____. A. any theme park B. Disneyland C. Dollywood D. Camelot Park
2. From the text, we know C that Dollywood is in _____. A. several parts of the world B. Britain C. the USA D. Canada
3. What’s Dollywood’s main attraction? A A. Its culture. B. Its country music. C. Its candy shops. D. Its wooden roller coasters.
4. It can be inferred(推断) from the third paragraph that the main D purpose of Dollywood is to ____. A. entertain(娱乐)
B. make profits(赚钱)
C. show cartoons
D. educate people
5. If you want to see fighting with swords or on horseback, which park would you go? A. Dollywood. B. Disneyland. C
C. Camelot Park.
D. Central park.
true or false. (P35) If it is a false one, please correct it.
can be found
in several parts everywhere. of the world
2. You can meet any like at Disneyland.
fairy tale or Disney cartoon character cartoon characters
develops where a Disne
4. Dollywood is in the mountains in the southeastern USA.
music singers perform in Dollywood throughout the whole year. has the only still working in the USA
steam-engine electric traintrain
6. Dollywood 7. Visitors
Dollywood to Camelot Park can taste candy like the candy made in ancient England . years ago South America 150
Camelot Park coaster in the world.
doesn’t has the have
Park has an ancient English
Park has places for visitors to watch and maybe take part in sword fighting.
There are 1. various (variety)kinds of theme parks in the world. The theme park you are probably with Disneyland，which will most familiar 2.____is bring you into a magical world and make your true dreams come 3.___.You can not only meet your but also favourite Disney cartoon characters 4._______ enjoy exciting rides，from swinging ships to and freefall drops. Hollywood shows 5.____ celebrates America's traditional southeastern culture.
For example，people come from all over America 6.____ to see (see) carpenters and other craftsmen(craftsman) make wood，glass and 7.________ iron objects in the old-fashioned way. If you want to experience the ancient days and great of English knights and ladies， deeds 8.____ princes and queens，then England’s Camelot Park is the place for you. When you enter entering (enter) a Camelot Park，you feel like 9._______ fantasy world of 10.______(fantastic)about ancient England.
1. Recite the words & expressions in black
in the reading material.
2. Review the text and retell it in your own
3. Find out more information about theme