高一教案 unit 16
Unit 16 Scientists at work
1. Learn to express the student’s everyday life, especially their life on science study.
br />2. Train the student’s listening ability.
3. Improving the students speaking ability by debating with each other and describing.
4. Study the language points connected with the dialogue.
When you are talking about studying, almost all of you think that studying can only happen in the classroom, and it only means listening to the teachers’ explanation. But there can be many means to study. For example, studying in the lab, reading the books by yourself. Now turn to page 22. And try to describe the four pictures listed in your text book.
2. After describing the pictures, let the students answer the following question.
(1) What are the names of the school subjects in which you study sciences?
(2) Give an example of what you learn about for each field of science.
(3) What are the rules when you do the experiments in the lab?
Listen to the tape and try to answer the exercises.
Tell the differences between the rules they have talked about and the one listed in the tape. Then get to know the important to keep safe in the lab.
Talk about the effect of the science of technology. Let the students know the application of science and technology does good to our society , at the same time , it also harm to the human beings or the environment.
Practice in pairs to talk about some advantage and disadvantage of the scientific discoveries and applications listed in the book.
Ask some pairs of students to act their dialogue out before their classmates.
Deal with the language points.
Make a conclusion of their performance.
Do the exercise in the workbook.
1. _____ my opinion, we should do it at once.
2. _____ the future, there are fewer animals in the world.
3. It is a waste _____ time to talk to him.
4. We should make good use _____ every opportunity we have.
5. It is necessary ___ children to sleep 9 hours a day.
6. It is silly ____ you to ask such a question.
7. It wise ____ you to take his advice.
8. I’ll travel ____ Beijing ____ shanghai by air.
1. in 2. in 3. of 4. of 5. for 6. of 7. of 8. from ，to
1. Language knowledge: conduct change prove tear control doubt much too
2. Language ability: Improving the student’s reading ability, especially their skimming and scanning ability.
2. Enable the students to know the serious attitude to science.
Step 1 pre-reading
We all know that it is the scientists’ great effort that makes the great achievement on science. Could you name some scientists’names? And what are they famous for? Try to
fill in the blanks of the following form, if you。Can’t, ask your classmate to help you．
Form: in the 18th & 19th centuries scientists all over the world made many important discoveries．
Give some example．
As we all know ,Benjamin Franklin is a famous politician．But today, we will read a passage about him as a scientist. His serious attitude to science .Let’s see how Franklin made his famous electricity experiment by flying a kite．
Get the students read the test and then decide if the following statements are true (T) or false (F).
1．In 1752 scientists already knew what electricity is. (
2．Franklin was helped by a friend to do the experiment.
3．Franklin made the kite of silk because wet silk does not conduct electricity.
4．A condenser was used in the experiment to store electricity.
5．The key tied to the string was put into the door to stop he kite from flying away.
1．T 2．F 3．F 4．T
Read he passage and then find out the main idea．
Paragraph 1 Introduction of Franklin’s experiment．
Paragraph 2—3 The process Of the experiment．
Paragraph 4—6 The tip of doing the experiment．
Deal with the language points. Ask the students to pick out the useful expression from the text, give them more examples, and do some exercises to practice the language
Play he tape for the students to listen and follow．
Students make a conclusion of de process of Franklin’s experiment and retell the tips of doing the experiment．
Do the exercises in the post-reading.
1．A great number of milk is produced in that factory every day．
2．Paper is made of a certain in kind of grass．
3．This cloth is felt smooth．
4．Use an umbrella to prevent you from the rain．
5．It is important of us to learn English.
1． number 改为 deal 2． of 改为 from 3． Is felt 改为 feels 4． prevent 改为 protect 5． of 改为 for