The use of "it"
it 的 用 法
1. It rains heavily.
天气 2. It is 20 kilometers from Granddad's house to James’. 距离 3. It is November 1
1, 2005. 日期 4. It is 9 o’clock at night. 时间 5.It'll be lovely in the garden tonight． 环境 6. It is bad to smoke. 形式主语 7. It is likely that he will succeed. 形式主语
4. it作形式主语. 当动名词,不定式,从句作主语时,
常用it作形式主语. 5. it作形式宾语,常用在6123结构中. (think , find, make, believe, …) 6. It is … that/who….的强调句型.
1 . 用作人称代词 代替前文提到的事物，或指代性别不详的人
My pen is missing. I cannot find it anywhere.
Her new baby is tiny. It only weighs 2 kg.
相当于this 或 that，it有时不特指某件东 西，而代表前面已提到的或将会发生的某 件事情。 I had a talk with the students. It was very helpful to her
可用来指代时间、距离、自然现象（天 气、气候、气温）、环境等，通常不 翻译出来。
It is two o’clock now. It is Sunday today. It is summer. It is not far to the post office. It is getting hot. It will be a fine day tomorrow. It is quiet in the classroom.
It和one It 用以指特定的前面提到过的事物，即： it和它替 换的是同一个事物， it 前无修饰语；而 one 用于替 换与前提事物有共同之处但并不完全一样的事物 ，因此，one之前或之后一定有修饰语来加以区别 。 Eg: I bought a dictionary three years ago and I am it now. still using______ I bought a dictionary three years ago but I am going to buy a new _______soon. one
1. Tom's mother kept telling him that he D didn’t help . should work harder , but ___ A. he B. which C. she D. it 2. European football is played in 80 countries , D the most popular sport in the making ___ world . A.which B. this C. that D. it 3.---There is a copy of the book in the library. A Will you go and buy _______? ---No,I'd rather buy_____in the bookstore. A.it;one B.one;one C.one;it D.it;it
当主语由动词不定式短语，动名词短语和 主语从句充当时，为了避免头重脚轻，使整 个句子平衡，常把 这些主语放在句末，而 把it放在句首充当形式主语。如：
It is necessary for you to get up early. It is no use arguing with him. It is a fact that English is being accepted as an international language.
1) It be +adj.+of sb. to do It be +adj./ n.+for sb. to do .当形容词表示的是不定式逻辑主语sb.的性质 的时候，用of，可以改写为：sb. is kind to do sth. 其他的形容词用for。 It is important for us to learn English. It is a pity for you to miss the concert. It is kind of you to help me You are kind to help me.
2. 代替动名词 It be +adj./ n.+doing. 当形容词或名词为 useless, no use, no good 时,后面必须跟动名词. It is no use arguing with him. 3.代替从句 ? 主语从句通常不放在句首，一般把它移到 句子后面，前面用“it”作形式主语。 ? It is strange that he didn’t come yesterday. ? It is not known yet whether they will return today.
D 1.______worries me the way he keeps changing his mind. (2007..山东) A. This B.That C.What D. It C 2. _________excited us Chinese greatly that Liu Xiang broke the world record of the 110--meter hurdle race. A.What B.That C. It D. As
在它的补足语后面, 而用it 作形式宾
语, 放在宾语补足语之前。 e.g. I think it no use arguing with him. 我认为和他争吵没有用。
该句型中的it 作形式宾语。为了记忆方便我们可称该句 型为： 6123结构 6 指主句中常用的动词：think, believe, make, find, consider, feel ； 1 指的是形式宾语it ； 2 指的是宾补的两种形式：形容词或名词 ； 3 指的是真正宾语的三种形式：不定式短语，动名词短 语或that 引导的宾语从句。
We think it our duty to clean our classroom.
He felt it important learning English well.
They found it difficult that they would finish their work in two days.
C 1.He didn't make_____clear when and where the meeting would be held.(2007.天津)
A.this B.that C.it D.there
D 2.I don't think______possible to master a foreign language without much memory work.
A.this B.one C.its D.it
1. It is + 被强调部分 + that/who +句子剩余部分 该句型是强调句型。将被强调的部分 放在前面，其它部分置于that 之后。被强调 部分可以是主语，宾语，表语或状语。强调的 主语如果是人，that 可以由 who 换用。如果把 这种句型结构划掉后，应该是一个完整无缺 的句子。这也是判断强调句型与其它从句的方法。
I planted trees at the gate this morning. It was I that/who planted trees at the gate this morning. It was trees that I planted at the gate this morning. It was at the gate that I planted trees this morning. It was this morning that I planted trees at the gate.
2. It is not until + 被强调部分 + that ... 该句型也是强调句型。主要用于强凋时间状语， 译成汉语 “直到……才……”，可以说是 not ... until ... 的强调形式。 I did not realize she was a famous film star until she took off her glasses. = It was not until she took off her dark glasses that I realized she was a famous film star.
A 1.It was about 600 years ago ______ the first
clock was made． A．that B．until C．before D．when
A 2.Was __________ that I saw last night
at the concert? A. it you B. not you C. you D. that yourself
3. It was only when I read his poems again
B began to appreciate their beauty． ____I
A．until B．that C．then D．so
c regular broadcasts 4. It was not until 1920 __ began. A. while B. which C. that D. since
1.make it （1）在口语当中相当于succeed，表示： 成功、做到、说定、赶上、及时到达 例 It's hard to make it to the top in show business. （2）在口语中相当于fix the date for，表 示“约定好时间”例 —Shall we meet next week？ —OK. We just make it next Saturday.
2. take it/things easy 相当于Don‘t worry or don’t hurry. 用来劝告别 人，表示“不要慌，别担心，沉住气” Take it easy！ He will do it well. 3. It all depends/that all depends 在口语中，相当 于it hasn‘t been decided yet，表示“那得看情 况，还没有定下来” —Are you going to the countryside for holiday？ —It/That all depends. 4. It's up to sb. 在口语中，相当于it's decided by sb. 表示“由…… 决定，由……负责，取决于……” —Shall we go out for dinner？ — It's up to you. 9/9/2015
1. Tom‘s mother kept telling him that he should work harder , but ___ didn’t help . A. he B. which C. she D. D it 1. As ___ happens , I have brought my umbrella with me . A. B. this C. that D. such A it 3. ___has already been pointed out , grammar is not a set of dead rules . A As B. It C. That D. This A. 4. It was seven forty-five ___he finished the work . A. B. that C. when D. before A when
5. Was it because it snowed last night ___ he didn‘t come ? A. why B. D. which B that C. when 6. Does ___ matter if he can’t finish the job on time ? A. this B. that C. he D. D it 7. European football is played in 80 countries , making ___ the most popular sport in the world . A. which B. this C. that D. it D 8.___ is no doubt that he will succeed in his experiment . A. It B. This C. That D. D There
9. It worried a bit ___ her hair was turning gray . B that A. while B. C. if D. for 10. It was not ___ she took off her dark glasses I realized she was a famous film star . B until ; that A. when ; that B. C. until ; when D. when ; then