类型：地点简介 典例：介绍英国 模板： [范围与面积] The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom, the UK, or Great Britain, consists of England, Wales, Scotland an
d Northern Ireland, with a total area of 244, 820 sq km.
[首都位置与人口] The United Kingdom,
whose capital is in London, lies in the
North Atlantic Ocean off the northwest of
mainland Europe, with a total population
of 61, 110, 000. [气候] Britain enjoys warm
winters and cool summers with a lot of
rainfall throughout the year.
[历史景点] The UK has a long history with many famous places of interest, such as the Big Ben, the Tower of London and Greenwich. Besides, Britain is among highly industrialized countries in the world and has made a great contribution to human industrialization.
1. __________ prep.横过；穿过 across
2. __________ vt.面向；面对 face 3. __________ adj.位于 located
4. __________ n.象征；符号 symbol
project n.计划；项目；工程 5. __________
6. _________ ancient adj.古代的
7. _________ vt.签署 sign 8. _________ n.领袖；领导人 head
9. boot n.
10. landmark n. _______ 标志性建筑
11. gallery n.
12. architect n. _______________ 建筑师
13. sculpture n. _______________ 雕刻；泥塑 14. parliament n. ______________ 国会；议会
15. region n.
16. feature n.
地区；区域 _______________ 特点 _______________
1. geography ______________ n.地理
______________ geographical adj.地理的
2. __________ vt.统治；治理 govern
__________ governor n.统治者 ______________ n.政府 government
3. ___________ vt.使文明；使开化 civilize
___________ civilized adj.文明的
____________ civilization n.文明
4. ___________ vi.同意；意见一致 agree
_____________ n.同意；协议 agreement
5. continent __________ n.陆地 __________ adj.大陆的; 大洲的 continental 6. represent __________ v.代表 _______________ n.代表(指人） representative
1. A big country usually has various geographical ___________(geography) environments. 形容词修饰名词。 2. To deal with the situation, the government ____________(govern) has taken some measures. 作主语用名词。
3.Then representatives _______________(represent) of both the teachers and students are to give talks in turn at the meeting. 3. 作主语用名词。
4.The Great Wall is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a symbol civilization of the ancient Chinese ____________ (civilize). 4. 形容词修饰名词。
1. ______________ 因为; 由于 because of
2. ______________ 作为?而出名/闻名 be known as 3. ______________ 属于 belong to 4. ______________ 就?而言 in terms of 5. _________________ on the other hand 另一方面; 反过来说
6. little _____________ 一点点地; 逐渐地 by little 7. be ______________________________ famous/well-known/known/noted for
8. _____________ work on sth. 从事某事 9. _____________ of all time 有史以来
10. ever ____________ 自从??一直 since
1.广州市执信中学是孙中山先生在1921 年为纪念朱执信而亲手创办的一所纪念 性学校。 Guangzhou Zhixin High School is a commemorative school established by Dr. Sun Yat-sen in 1921 in memory of Mr. Zhu Zhixin.
2. 此后执信中学就一直属于广东省有史 以来最有影响力的中学之一。 Ever since, Zhixin High School has been belonging to one of the most influential middle schools of all time in Guangdong province.
3. 执信中学以优美的校园环境和完 善的教学设施而出名。 Zhixin High School is famous for its beautiful campus environment and perfect teaching facilities.
4. 经过90年的发展, 一点点地, 该校现 有近50个班级以及200多名教学人员。 After 90 years of development, little by little, the school has nearly 50 classes and a teaching staff of more than two hundred at present.
5. 在培养人才方面, 执信中学已经培养 了一大批从事于社会的各个行业里的著 名学者与顶尖人才。
In terms of talent training, Zhixin High School has cultivated a large number of famous scholars and top graduates, who work on every line of work in the society.
6. 另一方面, 执信中学一直受到莘 莘学子的欢迎, 因为它有悠久的历 史和严谨的学风。 On the other hand, Zhixin High School is always popular with numerous students because of its long history and strict study style.
Guangzhou Zhixin High School is a commemorative school established by Dr. Sun Yat-sen in 1921 in memory of Mr. Zhu Zhixin. Ever since, Zhixin High School has been belonging to one of the most influential middle schools of all time in Guangdong province.
It is true that Zhixin High School is famous for its beautiful campus environment and perfect teaching facilities. After 90 years of development, little by little, the school has nearly 50 classes and a teaching staff of more than two hundred at present.
What’s more, in terms of talent training, Zhixin High School has cultivated a large number of famous scholars and top graduates, who work on every line of work in the society, and on the other hand, Zhixin High School is always popular with numerous students because of its long history and strict study style.
1. face vt. 面向；面对；面临 n. 脸；面子
原句: France is Europe’s third largest country and faces the United Kingdom across the English Channel.法国是欧洲 第三大国家，与英国隔英吉利海峡相望。 (B3 M1 P1)
派生: facial adj.面部的; 脸的n. 美容
搭配 be faced with/face with 面临；面对 face to face 面对面 lose face 丢脸 make a face 做鬼脸 facial expression 面部表情
⑴ 王老师经常鼓励我们用积极的心态面对 困难。 Mr.Wang often ___________________ encourages us to face difficulties a positive attitude. _____________with
⑵ 虽然朝南的房子贵, 但通常都很好卖。 Houses facing south ____________________ sell well though they are expensive.
2. (be) located in/on/at 位于?? (be) situated in/on/at 位于?? 原句: One of the world’s largest art galleries, the Louvre, is also located in Paris.世界上最大的艺术馆之一, 卢浮 宫也坐落在巴黎。(B3 M1 P2)
⑴ 坐落于市中心, 我学校因安静迷人 的校园环境而闻名。 Located in the center of the city ______________________________, my school is known for its quiet and attractive campus environment.
⑵ 位置: (深圳湾体育中心—春茧): 深圳市南山中心区东北角, 毗邻香港 Shenzhen Bay Sports Center, ___ is ____________nicknamed as the located at “Spring Cocoon”, the northeast corner of the center of Nanshan District, Shenzhen and next to Hong Kong.
3. opposite prep. 在??对面(=across) adj. 相反的; 对面的; 对立的 n. 对立面；反义词 adv. 在对面 拓展: opposition n.相反的人；对立物
搭配 on the opposite of 在??的对面 be opposite to 在??对面；反对 运用 根据中文完成英文句子。 ⑴ 杂货店在街对面。 The grocery store was ________ on the ____________________________. opposite side of the street
⑵ 站在我们对面的那人住在我们的 对面, 他总是持与我们相反的观点。 The person ___________________ standing opposite us lives opposite, who always holds ________________________ us. opposite ideas against
4. be known as 作为?而出名/闻名 原句: Athens, the capital of Greece, is known as the birthplace of western civilization.雅典, 希腊首都, 被称为西方文明的发源地。(B3 M1 P2)
Be (well) known/famous for 因?出名 As is known to all 众所周知
运用 用适当的介词填空。 ⑴ As is known to __ all, Taiwan is part of China.
for ⑵ He is better known ____his film and TV work.
⑶ Professor Smith is known _____ as the most popular teacher in that university.
5. little by little 一点点地; 逐渐地 (gradually) 原句: Little by little, the number increased during the second half of the twentieth century.在二十世纪后半期, 成员的数量渐渐增加了。(B3 M1 P9)
例句: His English is improving little by little.他的英语在渐渐提高。
side by side 并肩；一起；并排 one by one 一个接一个地 step by step 逐步地；一步一步地 sentence by sentence 一句一句地; 逐句地
⑴ 用这种方法, 你会逐步学好英语语法的。 In this way you will learn English by step grammar well step ____________.
⑵ 他们渐渐被说服了, 一个接一个地离开了。 They were persuaded ______________ little by little one by one and left ____________.
6. increase to 增加到 increase by 增加了
原句: In 2004, the European Union increased to 25 members.在2004年时, 欧盟成员国数量增加到25个。(B3 M1 P9) 联想 decrease to 减少到 decrease by 减少了
⑴ 到2006年, 它的市场份额提高到 了70％多。 By 2006 its share of the market __________________________ 70%. had increased to more than
⑵ 在过去的十年间, 这个国家的人口 减少了10%。 The population of this country has decreased by ______________10% in the past ten years.
1. Athens, the capital of Greece, is known as the birthplace of western civilization.雅典, 作为希腊的首都, 是因西方文明的发源地而出名。(B3 M1 P2) 句型: 名词+同位语
仿写 根据中文完成英文句子。 ⑴ 大约一个月以前, 我和父亲去了 Marineland旅行, Marineland是一个以 海洋动物为主题的游乐园。 About a month ago, my family and I went on a trip to Marineland, _______ an amusement park __________________with a sea animal theme.
⑵ 陈艳珠, 清华大学附中的一位英语老 师, 说她有一些学生对大学免费网络课 程表现出极大的兴趣。 an English teacher Chen Yanzhu, ___________________ from the High School attached to Tsinghua University, says that some of her students have shown great interest in the free online college courses.
2. The expanded European Union has a population of more than half a billion people, twice as big as the population of the United States.扩大后的欧盟有超过五 亿的人口, 是美国人口的两倍。(B3 M1 P9) 句型: ...has a population of... ??有多 少人口 倍数+as...as... 是……的多少倍
⑴ 北京是中国的首都, 有两千多万人口。 Beijing is the capital of china and has ____ a population of more than 20 million _________________________________.
⑵ 说到国土面积, 俄罗斯几乎是中国的两 倍大。 ____________the country size, Russia In terms of twice as large as China. is almost __________________
Florence is an Italian city which became famous because of the Renaissance, a great artistic movement which began in the 1300s and lasted for three hundred years.佛罗伦萨 是意大利所属的城市。它久负盛名, 是由于 14世纪开始并持续300年之久的文艺复兴。 (B3 M1 P2)
分析: 这是个主从复合句。句中which became 定语 从句, 修饰先行词 _____; city a famous是一个_____ great artistic movement是Renaissance的同位语 ______; 其中which引导一个 定语 _____从句, 修饰先行词 movement。
Taking a taxi in a certain Eastern European country can be a shocking experience. It is said 16 ____ that some taxi drivers have metal wires stuck into the passenger seats. And when a button is pushed, the seat will give you an 17electric ______ (electricity) shock.
16. 引导主语从句, “it is said that…”表示 “据说……”。 17. 形容词作定语。
These taxi drivers don’t do this 18 ____ for fun. They do it to tourists 19 _________ who/that argue about the ridiculous fares they charge. Some drivers charge as much as ten times the legal fare. They have a secret switch which 20 _______ makes (make) the meters much faster.
18. “for fun开玩笑”，固定搭配。 19. 因先行词是tourists旅游者，并在定语从句中作主 语,故用who/ that。 20. 由前后语境可知用一般现在时，which指先行词a secret switch。
If you refuse to pay, you are really in for a shock. In one case, a German woman had no 21 choice ______ but to pay US$ 120 for a US$ 20 ride from 22 _____ the airport. She said that she was “really taken for a ride,” but what could 23 _____ she do?
21. “have no choice but to do”表示“除了 做某事之外别无选择”, 是固定句型。 22. 指这位德国妇女所去的机场。 23. 指这位妇女。
Besides the electric shock, she was verbally 24 abused ______ (abuse) and threatened with physical violence. She has only one piece of advice for tourists, “Take the bus 25 ___ or stay at home.” 24. 与前面的was构成被动语态, 指她 被辱骂。 25. 前后是选择关系, 故填or。
Peter and Paul had a permission from their parents to camp in a field close to their farm. But, being adventurous boys, they know it would be more 1 to camp in the woods that lay beyond the river. So the boys went away with their tent and food.
1. A. surprising C. annoying B. exciting D. frightening
1. B 根据本句中的being adventurous boys可知。 exciting与adventurous是词语同现。
Carrying their heavy 2 , the two brothers walked along the riverbank, hardly noticing the distance or the 3 beating down.
2. A. load B. sandwiches C. food D. storage
2. A 由语境可知，这里是指他们带上的tent and food， load与tent and food是上下义复现。
3. A. moon
3. B 根据空后的beating down(强烈地照射下来)可知。
Peter and Paul had a permission from their parents to camp in a field close to their farm. They were eager to reach the 4 before lunchtime. As they entered the cool, shadowy woods, they began to search for a suitable 5 spot.
4. A. grassland B. destination 5. A. camping C. dining C. field D. river B. swimming D. fishing
B 根据语境, 他们要到达的当然是目的地(destination)。
A 由第一句的…from their parents to camp可知。 camping与camp是同根词复现。
As they entered the cool, shadowy woods,… Peter wanted to stay close to the river at the edge of the woods, but Paul, who was older, insisted that they camp further away. 6 , Peter followed his brother deeper into the 7 .
6. A. Unconsciously C. Unwillingly 7. A. woods B. Unfortunately D. Uninterestingly D. camp
6. C 上句中的Peter wanted to…, but Paul有暗示。故填 unwillingly(不情愿地)。
B. farm C. setting
A 由前面的As they entered the cool, shadowy woods可知。与 woods是原词复现。
“This really is a wonderful setting!” said Paul in excitement. They put up the tent, and settled down to eat the sandwiches they had made, then decided to find their way back to the 8 to catch some fish.
8. A. river B. hill C. sea D. pond
A 根据空后的to catch some fish可以推出。前面 的the two brothers walked along the riverbank 也有提示。river与riverbank是同根词复现。
… then decided to find their way back to the 8 to catch some fish. …“Are you sure that this is the right 9 ?” whispered Peter shakily. “I’m sure we passed that hollow tree just a while ago.” Paul walked on silently. “Look, there it is again. We’re 10 , aren’t we?” Paul had to 11 that he didn’t know where they were.
9. A. place
10. A. gone
C 由上句中的to find their way back…可知。与way是原词复现。
D 根据下面的he didn’t know where they were可推出他们迷路 (lost)了。
Paul had to 11 that he didn’t know where they were. They were not even 12 of where they had set up their camp.
11. A. consider B. insist C. deny D. admit
11. D 根据空后的从句内容可知。Paul不得不承认他自 己也不知道他们在往哪里走。
12. A. afraid B. sure C. Informed D. reminded
12. B 根据空前表递进的even可知他们甚至连他们的营 地在哪儿也没把握(sure)了。
They sat in 13 for a few minutes until Peter had a bright idea. “We weren’t 14 about how we walked, so I’m sure we would have left behind some broken tree branches and leaves.”
13. A. enjoyment C. disappointment 14. A. careless C. concerned B. satisfaction D. imagination B. worried D. careful
13. C 根据语境，他们此时的心情是很沮丧的。故填 disappointment。
14. D 根据本句的… left behind some broken tree branches and leaves可知他们不是很细心的。
Carefully, the boys 15 the marks that they had left, until finally they found their campsite.
15. A. fetched C. followed B. watched D. collected
【助读词汇】 had a permission from their parents 得到他们父母的允许 shadowy 有阴影的 riverbank河岸 in excitement激动地 hollow空心的 setting环境
要求考生对作者运用某一写作手法的目的。 常见的提问方式有： (1) The writer uses ...to (show that) ____. (2) By quoting ..., the author intends to___.
(3) By telling the story of ..., the author intends to___.
(4) The story of ... is used to___ . (5) With the example of ..., the author shows___.
作者运用某种写作手法的目的或 是要引出主题、突出主题, 或是要吸引 读者关注主题, 或是要把主题说明得更 清楚。常用的写作手法的目的有： (1) 开头提出问题——让读者关注主题。 (2) 简介相关事物——为了引出主题。
(3) 列举具体事例—说明文段的主题。 (4) 运用比拟或比喻—让读者易理解抽 象或陌生的事物。 (5) 引语—说明或论证某个观点，或使 自己的观点更有说服力。 无论哪种手法, 也不管出于何种目的, 都 必定与主题相关, 为主题服务。
即时练习 1. Where is the international airport of Fiji? A. In Suva. B. In Sydney. C. On the island of Vatoa. D. On the island of Viti Levu.
1. D 推理判断题。根据第二段的第一句话 可判断斐济国际机场坐落于Viti Levu。
2. What does the text tell us about Fijian people?
A. They invented “Fiji time” for visitors. B. They stick to a traditional way of life. C. They like to travel from place to place. D. They love taking adventures abroad.
B 推理判断题。最后一段的any one of us can enjoy Fiji’s spirit by being part of the traditional sharing of yaqona—a drink made from the root of a Fiji plant告诉我们斐济人坚守传统的生活 方式。
3. One of the things that make Fiji a tourist attraction is ___.
A. its comfortable hotels B. its good weather all year round C. its exciting football matches D. its religious beliefs
B 细节理解题。B项的陈述与第三段And with a climate that changes only for five degrees between seasons, there’s never a bad time to come一句意思一致。
4. Where can we most probably read this text? A. In a personal diary. B. In a science report. C. In a travel magazine. D. In a geography textbook.
C 推理判断题。本文主要介绍了斐济的一个旅 游景点, 目的是吸引更多的游客来斐济旅行, 因 此这样的文章应该出现在大众媒体上, 因此最佳 答案为C。
5. The author wrote the passage in order to ____.
A. attract tourists to Fiji B. explain why Fiji is so popular C. educate the young with geography knowledge D. publish it on the newspapers
A 推理判断题。作者在文中重点介绍斐济的旅游景点 Viti Levu的情况, 渲染了其宜人的气候、各种各样的活 动以及保留完整的土著传统, 这些都是为了吸引游客去 斐济旅游。
the experience of a lifetime终 身的体验
根据汉语提示完成英文句子, 或用所给 词的适合形式填空。 1. It’s possible that postal service may time passing eventually disappear with _______________ by (随着时间的推移). ____
2. _________________________ Upon arrival /On arriving (一到达), Li Yue and Zhang Hua were warmly welcomed.
3. ____________________________ (做完 After getting the work done 那些工作之后), we put up a board reminding people to protect the trees, and _______________ before leaving (在离开之前), we took some photos to record our green action.
4. As high school students, we run into one difficulty after another ________ in the process/course of learning ____________________________( 在学 习的过程中). 5. ____________________( 一听到铃声), On hearing the bell students ran into the classroom as quickly as they could.
With the improvement of people’s 6. __________________________ _________________ (随着人们生活 living standards 标准的提高), cars have become a popular means of transport, bringing great convenience to our life
7. __________________( 所有的事 Everything done 都做完之后), they sat in the yard chatting with the elderly people. [用独立主格结构]
8. ________________________ With the noise going on (由于那噪音的持续), I couldn’t go on studying. [with的复合结构].
With the society developing 9. ____________________________ ___________( 随着社会的快速发展), very fast it’s quite necessary that we (should) have a good knowledge of English and computer. [with的复合结构]
10. He is used to sleep ______________ with the windows open 开着窗). ______( 11. ____________________________ With a lot of homework to do (有 许多作业要做), I have no time to play football this afternoon.
With all the work done 12. _______________________( 由于所有 工作都做完了),he went home happily. With the development of science 13. ______________________________ (随着科学和进步),cancer can be cured.
14. ___________________________ With the development of economy _________( 随着经济的发展),great changes have taken place in both towns and countries.
地点简介是指对某一国家、地区、 城市、场所、景点等的简介。介绍的内 容包括其地理位置、首都或政府所在地、 人口、面积、气候、环境、物产与历史 等。常用的短语句式有： 位置: lie 位于 be located in /on... 位于
be situated in /on 位于 (be /lie) in the center of 在??的中心 (be /lie) in the east of 在??的东部(范 围之内) (be /lie) to the east of 在??的东边(范 围之外) (be /lie) on the east of ... 东面毗邻??
组成: be made up of由??组成 consist of由??组成
历史: has a history of 有??的历史
a country with a long history具有悠久 历史的国家 an ancient city with a history of more than 1300 years一座有1300多年历史的 古城
人口: have/with a population of nine million 有九百万人口 面积: with an area of 86 square kilometers面 积有86平方公里 The kitchen has an area of 12 square metres. (=The kitchen is 12 square metres in area) 厨 房的面积是12平方米。 The park covers an area of 30 square kilometer.这个公园占地30平方公里。
环境: with green hills and clear rivers 有青山绿水
气候: neither too cold nor too hot 不冷不热
物产: be rich in natural resources有丰富 的自然资源 be abundant in traveling resources 旅游资源丰富 a country rich in minerals一个矿藏 丰富的国家 mainly grow crops, keep sheep主要 种植作物、放羊
名胜: with many tourist attractions 有许多旅游影点
places of interest名胜古迹, 名 胜风景
即时练习 基础写作 有关广州的基本情况如下表: 概况 别称 面积 人口 历史 地理 旅游 中国第三大城市，广东省省会 五羊城、花城等 7,434平方公里 1,000多万 2,200多年的历史文化名城，历史上 丝绸之路(海路)的始发港 珠江从市中心穿过，温暖湿润 风光旖旎，旅游资源丰富
Let me tell you something about Guangzhou. Guangzhou, the third largest city in China, also known as Five-lamb City, Flower City and so on, serves as the capital city of Guangdong Province. This city, with a population of more than ten million, covers a total area of 7,434 square kilometers.
Guangzhou, a famous city with a history of more than 2,200 years, is a starting port of the Silk Road on the sea in history. With the Pearl River winding its way through the city, Guangzhou enjoys a warm and wet climate. The beautiful city, well-known for its beautiful scenery, is also abundant in traveling resources. I hope you will have a good time in Guangzhou. Thank you.