Module 6 Unit 1 Art
Section I. 课本扫描
词 汇 部 分
词 形 变 化
1. adopt vt . 采用；采纳；收养→adoption n.采用； 收养 2. possess v. 占有，拥有→ possession n. 拥
有，占 有→possessive adj.占有欲强的 3. faith n. 信任，信念→ faithful adj. 守信的, 忠实 的→faithfully adv. 忠诚地 4. technique n. 技术, 技巧→ technician n. 技术员 →technology n. 工艺, 科技 5. aggressive adj.侵略性的→aggress v. 攻击, 侵犯 →aggression n .进攻, 侵略
重 点 单 词
1. faith n . 信念；信任；信心 2. aim n . 目标；目的；瞄准 vi.& vt. 瞄准;（向某方向 ）努力 3. typical adj. 典型的；有代表性的 4. adopt vt. 采用；收养 5. possess vt. 拥有；具有；支配 6. attempt n. 努力；尝试vt .尝试；企图 7. predict vt. 预言；预测 8. appeal vi. 呼吁；求助 vi. 将……上诉 n. 呼吁；恳求 1.a great deal 大量 2.by coincidence巧合地 3.on the other hand另一方面 4.in the flesh 活着的；本人 5.in (the) possession of拥有（属于） 6.in consequence 因此；结果 7.appeal to（对某人）有吸引力；（使某人）感兴趣
重 点 词 组
1. But it was evident that ideas were changing in the 13th century when painters like Giotto di Bondone began to paint religious scenes in a more realistic way. 2. They tried to paint people and nature as they really were. 3. Among the painters who broke away from the traditional style of painting were the Impressionists.
一、核心单词 1. faith [feiθ] n. 信念；信任；信心 (1) Have you any faith in what he says?你相信他的话吗？。 (2) Under no circumstance shall we lose faith in the future. 在任何情况下，我们都不该对未来失去信心。 归纳：have faith in sb./sth.对某人/某事有信心 lose faith in 不再信任，对……失去信心 小练：中英互译 （1）他对我的能力很有信心。 He has faith in my ability. （2）Though it’s only a small frustration, it made Rose lose faith in success. 虽然只是一个小挫折，却让露丝对成功失去了信心.
2. aim [eim] n. 目标 vi.& vt. 瞄准；（向某方向）努力 (1) What is your aim in life? 你的人生目标是什么? (2) He aimed the gun at the enemy officer. 他用枪瞄准了敌方军官。 (3) Our factory must aim at developing new models of machines. 我们的工厂必须致力于研制新型机械。 归纳：take aim (at) 瞄准 aim at向……瞄准；针对 with the aim of doing sth.意在…… 小练：根据句子的意思在横线上填入适当的词或词组。 (1) The hunter____ （瞄准）the lion and fired. (2) She wen to china ______ finding a job. (3) He is leading a life without _____（目标，方向）. (1)aimed at (2) with the aim of (3) aims
3. typical ['tipik?l] adj. 典型的;有代表性的 (1) The train’s late again—typical! 火车又晚点了——贯如此！ 归纳：be typical of…是……的代表；象征 小练：汉译英 （1）抢挑重担是他的特点。 It is typical of him to take hard jobs. （2）温暖、潮湿的气候在南方很典型。 Warm and wet weather is very typical in south China.
4. adopt [?'d?pt] vt. 采用；收养 adoption n. 采用；收养 (1)He was glad to see his plan adopted. 他看到自己的计划被采纳，很高兴。 (2) Many new couple are eager to adopt the children losing their parents in the earthquake. 许多新婚夫妇都期望可以收养在地震中失去双亲的孩子。 归纳：adopt an approach/a policy 采用某方法/政策 形近词： adapt v. 使适应, 改编 小练：汉译英 （1）我提议我们采用这个政策。 I move that we adopt the policy. （2）这部影片是从一本很受孩子们欢迎的小说改编而来。 The film was adapted from a popular novel for children.
5. possess [p?'zes] vt. 拥有；具有；支配possessive adj.占有欲 强的 possession n. 拥有；占有 The country possesses rich mineral deposits. 这个国家拥有丰富矿藏 归纳：possess sth. ＝be in possession of sth. 拥有，占有某物 take /get possession of sth. 取得……的所有权 in one’s (sb.’s) possession (=in the possession of sb.) (某 物)为某人所占有(持有) be possessive of / about sb. /sth. 要求悉心关心的，不愿 分享的
小练：用以上短语填空。 (1) I the beautiful car. (2) We’ve already bought the house but we won’t ____________it until May. (3) A big farm is them. (1) am in possession of (2) take possession of (3) in the possession of
6. attempt [?'tempt] n. 努力；尝试vt. 尝试；企图 (1) The prisoners attempted an escape, but failed. 囚犯企图逃跑，但是失败了。 (2) An astronaut will attempt to leave the stationary spaceship and then return to it. 一名宇航员将试着离开宇宙飞船，然后再回到里面去。 归纳：attempt sth./to do sth=make an attempt to do sth. 试图做 某事 小练：中英互译 （1）我试图与她取得联系。 I attempted to get in touch with her. （2）Don’t attempt to do so much in such a short time. 时间这么短，别想干这么多的事。
7. predict [pri'dikt] vt. 预言；预测(侧重从已知的事实推断或 根据自然规律断定未来的事情； (1) It is impossible to predict the future accurately. 精确地预测未来是不可能的。 (2) His teacher predicted that he could be a CEO of a company because of his intelligence and diligence. 因为他的聪明和勤 奋，他的老师预测他以后有可能成为公司的总裁。 归纳：predict + n . 预言；预告 predict that/wh-clause 预言…… 小练：根据中文提示完成句子。 （1）_____________ (他们预言)there world be an earthquake. （2）It ______________ (预告明天有雨). (1)They predicted(that) (2) predicts rain for tomorrow
二、重点词组 1. a great deal大量 (1) Thanks a great deal for your help with our work. 非常感谢你给我们工作上的帮助。 (2) We learn a great deal from them . 我们从他们那里学到很多东西。 短语归纳：A great deal 可单独使用，也可以放在形容词或副 词的比较级前，表示“大量”；“许多”；而a great deal of 只能用在不可数名词前，表示“大量的”。 小练： 汉译英 （1）她跑得比我快多了。 She ran a great deal fast than I. （2）他给了我很多帮助。 He has given me a great deal of help.
2. by coincidence巧合地 (1) By coincidence, we will take the same bus back home. 真巧，我们要搭同一趟车回家。 (2) By coincidence, both are married to women from England. 巧合的是，两人都娶了英国的老婆。 短语归纳： by accident = by chance碰巧；偶然 on Purpose 故意 小练：中英互译 （1）When I attended a meeting in Beijing, I met my old classmate never seen for a long time by chance. 在北京参加会议时，我碰巧遇上多年未见的老同学。 （2）退休后，一个偶然的机会她喜欢上了慢跑。 She took up jogging by accident after her retire ment.
3. on the other hand 另一方面 On the one hand, this job doesn’t pay well, but on the other hand, I can’t get another one. 一方面这份工作报酬不高，可是另 一面我又找不到其他工作。 小练：中英互译 （1）She ded to quit. On the one hand, she was tired of the present job; on the other hand, she wanted to move to another place. 她决定辞职。一方面是因为她厌倦了目前的工作；另一方 面是她想换个地方。 （2）出于自尊，她拒绝了他的帮助，另一方面她不想欠别 人的人情。 She refused his help with dignity; on the other hand, she didn’t want to owe others.
4. in the flesh 活着的；本人 (1) In the performance, you can see your idols in the flesh. 表演中，你可以亲眼看到你的偶像。 (2)I’ve seen her on TV but not in the flesh. 我在电视上看过她，但没见过她本人。 小练：中英互译 （1）When using your credit card, you need to sign your name in the flesh. 当使用信用卡时，需要你本人签名。 （2）她在照片上显得比本人好看些。 She looks better on picture than in the flesh.
5. in (the) possession of 拥有（属于） (1) They are still in possession of the house, so we have to wait for another time. 他们依然拥有房子的产权，所以我们还得等一段时间。 (2) A big farm is in the possession of them . 这个农场他们所有。 短语归纳： in one’s possession由……掌握 in charge of负责；经管 in the charge of由……负责；经营 take possession of占有；拥有 take charge of 负责；看管
小练：根据中文意思完成句子。 （1）我管理这家公司，也就是这家公司由我管理。 I am in charge of the company ____________________________ . That is, the company is in the charge of me. （2）我所掌握的消息是严格保密的。 in my possession The information ________________________ is strictly confidential.
6. in consequence 因此；结果 She had to ask a doctor for help in consequence of her bad cough. 她咳得很厉害，因此，她不得不去看医生。 短语归纳： in consequence of... 因为……的缘故，由于 as a consequence因而， 结果 小练：根据中文意思完成句子。 （1）雨很大，结果街道变成一片汪洋。 As a consequence It rained heavily._________________ ,the streets were in flood. （2）因为他付出的努力，他取得了非凡的成就。 in consequence of He got a marvelous achievement __________________ his great effort.
7. appeal to（对某人）有吸引力；（使某人）感兴趣 (1) Bright colors appeal to small children. 小孩喜欢鲜艳的颜色。 (2) Do these paintings appeal to you? 你对这些画感兴趣？ 短语归纳： appeal to sb. for为……向某人呼吁请求 appeal for aid请求援助 appeal for mercy/sympathy 请求宽恕/同情 appeal to arms/force 诉诸武力 小练：汉译英 （1）政府呼吁市民节约用水。 The government appealed to citizens for saving water. （2）他决不会向他们乞求怜悯。 He will never appeal to them for mercy.
三、课文回顾 Art is influenced by the customs and faith of a people. 1_ __ time passing by, styles in Western art have changed many times. During the middle ages, a typical picture at this time was full of religious symbols, 2___ created a feeling of respect and love for God. 3____ it was evident that ideas were changing in the 13th century when painters began to paint religious scenes in a 4 ___(real) way. During the Renaissance, people began to concentrate 5 ____ on religious themes and adopt a more humanistic attitude to life.
The rich paid famous artists to paint pictures of 6__ __, their houses and possessions as well as their activities and achievements. 7__ ___ coincidence, oil paints and new techniques developed so fast at this time that we would be able to see many great masterpieces. In the late 19th to early 20th century, the 8____(impress) broke away from the traditional style of painting and they were eager to show 9____ shadow fell on objects at different times of day. 10___ there are scores of modern art styles. 1. With 2. which 3. But 4.realistic 5. less 6. themselves 7. By 8. impressionists 9. how 10. Now
四、句子精析与仿写 1. But it was evident that ideas were changing in the 13th century when painters like Giotto di Bondone began to paint religious scenes in a more realistic way. 但是，很显 然到了13世纪，观念发生变化，像乔托这样的画家开始以 一种比较现实的风格来画宗教场景。 句子分析：It+ be + adj.+ that从句，it是形式主语, that从句是 真正的主语;而when引导定语从句，修饰the 13th century。
仿写： （1）大家都知道，拯救病人是医生的责任。 It’s well-known that saving patients’ lives is doctors’ responsibility. （2）高三时，老师特别提醒我们，学习和锻炼保持平衡很 重要。 While in Senior Three, our teacher particularly reminded us that it’s important to keep a balance between study and exercise.
2. If the rules of perspective had not been discovered，no one would have been able to paint such realistic pictures. 如果 没有发现透视法，就没有人能画出如此逼真的画。 句子分析：if 引导的从句表示是与过去事实相反的，用虚拟 语气。 （1）与现在事实相反：从句的时态用过去式，主句用would do； （2）与过去事实相反：从句的时态使用过去完成时，主句 用would have done； （3）与将来事实相反：从句的时态可以有三种: ①过去时；②were to do；③should do(主句用would do)。
仿写： （1）如果杰克进了那个球的话，我们就会赢得那场足球赛 了。 If Jack had scored that goal，we would have won the football match. （2）假如昨天他对我说了这件事，现在我就知道该怎么办 了。 If he had told me about it yesterday，I should know what to do now．
3. Without the new paints and the new technique，we would not be able to see the many great masterpieces for which this period is famous. 没有新的颜料和新的(绘画)手法，我 们就不能看到很多这一时期著名的作品。 句子分析：without引导的介词短语是一个暗含的非真实条件， 所以主句用了虚拟语气。 如：Without water, there would be no life. 如果没有水，就不会有生命。 仿写： （1）没有你的帮助，我不会取得这么大的进步。 Without your help，I wouldn’t have made such rapid progress. （2）没有足够的雨水，我们不可能有这么好的收成。 Without plenty of rain，we couldn’t have so good a harvest.
4. Among the painters who broke away from the traditional style of painting were the impressionists, who lived and worked in Paris. 在那些从传统画中脱离出来的画家中， 有印象派，他们当中在巴黎工作和生活。 句子分析：此句是一个倒装句，正常语序应为The impressionists who lived and worked in Paris were among the painters who broke away from the traditional style of painting. 此句为表语部分提前而引起的倒装。who broke away from the traditional style of painting是一个定语从句，who指代先 行词 the painters，在从句中作主语。 who lived and worked in Paris也是一个非限制性定语从句， who指代前面的先行词impressionists。整个主句是The impressionists were among the painters.这个地方是介词短语 作表语，把介词短语提到句首，句子应该使用全部倒装。
仿写： （1）妇女受歧视的年代一去不复返了。 Gone are the days when women were looked down upon. （2）在长江和嘉陵江交汇处，重庆是中国十大城市之一。 At the meeting place of the Yangtze River and the Jialing River lies Chongqing, one of the ten largest cities in China.
5. Many art lovers would rather visit this small gallery than any other in New York. 在纽约，比起其他艺术馆，许多艺术爱好者都更乐意参观 这家小型艺术陈列馆。 句子分析：would rather…than… “宁愿中等也不愿” would rather 后还可以引导从句用虚拟语气，表示主语宁愿让某 人干某事。这时，即用一般过去时表示过去现在或将来要 做的事；用过去完成时表示过去要做的事。 如：(1) I’d rather she set out to do the work now. 我宁愿她现在 就着手做这项工作。 (2)I’d rather you met her at the airport tomorrow morning. 我但 愿你明天早上能去机场接她。
仿写： （1）我宁愿骑自行车上班也不愿乘公共汽车。 I would rather ride to work than take a bus. （2）他情愿要小的也不要大的。 He would rather have the small one than the big one.
SectionII. 单元配套 一、重点词词形变换 1. The man _____ his gun at the rabbit. (aim) 2. People ran away with their own _____ in the floods. (possess) 3. He _____ to get a high position in the company, but failed. (attempt) 4. When I was in college, a __ thought my future __ , telling me that I would be a teacher four years later and the __ was literally accomplished. (predict) 5. Now his _____ son is a famous singer. (adopt) 6. Your behavior is of no great __ . (consequent) 1. aimed 2. possessions 3. attempted 4. predictor;predictable;prediction 5. adopted 6. consequence
二、活用本单元的短语 1. The measures are _____ stopping the river from being further polluted. 2. __________ ___ , he is in poor health, but on the other hand, he seldom takes exercise. 3. The boys _________ leave for camping but were stopped by their parents. 4. This job rather ________ me. 5. Modern medicine has tended to developing highly complicated surgical techniques too much. 6. She_______________the idea that something bad would happen.
7. He___________to escape from the prison, but failed at last.? 8. She shopping doing homework last year. 9. ______________ , the bitterest race hatreds broke out in that country. 1. aimed at 2. On the one hand 3. attempted to 4. appeals to 5. focus on 6. was possessed with 7. made an attempt 8. preferred;to 9. As a consequence
词数： 276 建议用时： 20分钟 难度：★★★
秘诀 技巧 有时我们会对某个题目的正确选项的含义、用法不 探寻：点拨 甚明了，但发现其他选项有显而易见的谬误，这时 候我们可以试试排除法。 篇章 中的 真 1. Waiting above the crowded streets, on top of a building 上下 题 110 stories high, was Philippe Petit. This dating Frenchman 文 导 was about to___ a tightrope(绷索)between the two towers of （1） 悟 the World Trade Center. A. throw B. walk C. climb D. fix 1.B下文中提到Philippe Petit在绷索上走了七个来回 (Philippe Petit made seven trips, back and forth)。所以很明 显这个大胆的法国人不是在两楼之间扔(throw)绳子，也 不是顺着绳子朝上攀登(climb)，更不是在两座楼间固定 (fix)绳子。剩下的B(walk)当然是正确答案了。
真 题 导 悟
2. After what seemed to have been hours, only a few minutes in fact, she reached the front door. She felt for her keys, but was unable to____ them. A. search B. find C. see D. watch 2. B find是表示结果的动词，它的前提动作应该是 look for，此处指钥匙在她身上，用felt可以代替 look for,把see, watch分别试填空格，均不符合。
图穷匕现 本文中的第4 题就是通过排除法得出正确答案。
思 路 盘 剥
段落 Key words Para I was 1 busy all the time, join an oil painting class, over the phone, encourag ed me to
Topic sentences My friend encouraged me to join an oil painting class.
My Learning Painting Main idea
I once knew nothing about painting until my friend invited me to join an oil painting class. From then on ,I gradually felt my dried-out brain began receiving a new source of refreshing water.
Para 2 Para 3
express, draw or paint beautiful and ugly, forgot everything, enrich, borrow art books sense, refreshing water
The first day on my painting class. I started to learn painting and gradually enjoyed it.
New things began to pour into my mind and changes took place in my life.
I was a busy housewife eight years ago and I was busy all the time. My life always 1 around my husband and children, so my brain was nearly 2 with them. One day my friend Judy 3 ,telling me she would join an oil painting class on Friday night. I hesitated to 4 her immediately over the phone. I was 5 whether to join her or not because I had never 6 before. However, Judy encouraged me to join for 7. The first day in the class, we met our teacher, Mr Smith, who just came back from France. He showed us a lot of paintings and told us some stories about art history. He said, “Everyone is an artist who can draw or paint. Art is a 8 language which can express human 9 . ”
We started to paint different things, including those we hated. We painted the most beautiful and ugly things in our 10 . While painting, I forgot everything that worried me most, sometimes 11 the time. He not only opened the door of art for me but also 12 me a way to enrich my life. I started to borrow art books from the library and visit 13 in my free time. I’m not really good at painting, but I certainly enjoy it. Every painting represents the artist’s personality and expresses his feelings. For example, when I 14 Vincent Van Gogh’s paintings, I could sense the passion and the energy from his painting. I thought this was why, after I started to paint, I felt my dried-out brain began receiving a new 15 of refreshing water.
1. A. worked 2. A. fixed 3. A. called 4. A. help 5. A. relaxed 6. A. painted 7. A. suggestion 8. A. live 9. A. feelings 10. A. school 11. A. especially 12. A. left 13. A. museums
B. centred B. crowded B. returned B. promise B. sure B. sung B. bravery B. difficult B. ideas B. mind B. really B. sent B. hospitals
C. gathered C. stuck C. visited C. refuse C. regretful C. failed C. fun C. colorful C. sadness C. belief C. only C. gave C. parks
D. existed D. hurt D. appeared D. answer D. uncertain D. improved D. study D. silent D. pleasure D. home D. even D. took D. cinemas
14. A. appreciated B. sought C. observed D. chose 15. A. cause B. source C. course D. material 作者一直以来忙于家务，生活节奏比较紧张，在朋友 的介绍下参加了油画班。通过学绘画以及与老师的接触.。 作者体会到了绘画令其生活发生的变化。 1. B 根据上文的I was busy all the time可推知，作者的生活总 是围绕着丈夫和孩子。center “以……为中心”。 2. C 根据连词so前的分句尤其是nearly可以确定选stuck。be stuck with意为“摆脱不了，受困于”。“我”的精力受困 于此，即把主要精力都花费在丈夫和孩子身上。 3. A 由下句中的over the phone可推知，Judy是打电话过来的。 4. D 此处四个词均与可后面的名词搭配，但代入动词后， 再联系下文，就会发现只有D正确。
5. D 作者并不确定是否和Judy一起参加油画班。uncertain “不确定的”。 6. A 由上文的join an oil painting class可以确定，此处是指作 者以前从未画过画。 7. C 根据上文的Judy encouraged me并结合下文作者从中受益 匪浅可以确定，Judy鼓励“我”参加说只是为了好玩。for fun “当作娱乐”。 8. D 分析文意并结合常识可知，绘画艺术是以“无 声”(silent)方式来表达人类的情感。 9. A feeling(情感，感情)包含的意义最为全面，且符合文章 中心思想。 10. B 根据上文的the most beautiful and ugly things可知，作者 可以把其“思维”(mind)中的一切事物画出来。
11. D 根据句中的I forgot everything that worried me most可以 确定，此处应表达作者有些时候“甚至”(even)忘记了时 间。 12. C 根据上文的opened the door of art for me可以确定，此处 应表达老师为作者“提供”(give)了令其生活丰富多彩的 方法。 13. A 根据上文中的library可以确定，作者闲暇时也去“博物 馆”(museum)。 14. A 根据下文可以确定，此处表达作者在“欣 赏”(appreciate)凡· 高作品时的收获。 15. B 此处a new source of refreshing water喻指“使人振作的 新源泉”，这使作者的大脑不再干涸。
四、语法填空 字数：254 完成时间：10分钟 难度：★★★ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the seventh and last book in the series, is being divided into two movies. The first __1__(schedule) to be released in November 2010, and the second part in May 2011. Film-making officials said this schedule __2__ (not affect) by the delay of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. The book Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince， __3__ is almost done, has an important battle __4__(involve) Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy, Severus Snape and Albus Dumbledore, but it won’t be in the movie, the producer has said. Will J. K. Rowling write more about the world of Harry Potter? She already __5__.
Early this year, she wrote __6__ 800-word work of events that happened before another story. The prequel was sold __7__ charity. The story was set three years before Harry’ s birth. In the tale, friends Sirius Black and James Potter’ s father, got into trouble __8__ managed to escape. As for the __9__(eight) Potter book, nobody knows __10__ Rowling will write it. For years she insisted that she would write only seven. Then, late last year, she said that she might write another one — but not for 10 years! 1. is scheduled 由语境可知，这里应该用一般现在时，主语 The first和schedule之间是动宾关系，所以要用被动形式。 2. would not be affected 根据语境和主句谓语动词said的时态 可以看出，这里应该用过去将来时的被动语态。 3. which 这里是一个非限制性定语从句，先行词是物，所 以用which来引导。
4. involving 由语境可知此处应用现在分词形式作后置定语。 5. has 上文问J.K. Rowling会写更多关于Harry Potter的世界 的书吗？”此处是对它的回答，由下文可知应填has。 6. an 考查不定冠词的用法。work在这里表示“著作”，空 格后的800—word第一个音素是元音，所以应该填an。 7. for for在这里表目的。 8. but 前部分说遇到了困难，后来他们成功地摆脱了(困难)， 所以用but表转折。 9. eighth 前面有定冠词the，后面的名词book是单数形式， 所以这里要用序数词。 10. when 引导一个宾语从句，并在从句中作时间状语，所 以要用when。
词数：347 解 第3题 题 推断题 技 巧 点 拨 建议用时： 8分钟 难度：★★★ If you are the host of a party, you should_________. 在掌握全文意思的前提下把握全篇文脉,理清文章结 构,弄清事物发展变化的逻辑关系,根据文中已叙述的事 实信息,推断出未知的事实、结论以及作者的观点和态 度。常见的提问方式有：全考网 1. Which of the following statements is implied but NOT stated? 2. It can be inferred from the passage that_____. 3. The author implies that_____. 4. The passage suggests that_____. 5. What can we learn from the passage? 6. It can be concluded from paragraph 3 that_____. 7. What is the author’s attitude towards…? 8. Which of the following best describes the author’s tone in this passage?
方 法 对 策
真 题 回 放
推断要符合常理，预测要合乎逻辑。找出的原因应是造 成某一结果的根本的、主要的原因，切不可以偏概全，断 章取义。有时候，文章似乎看懂了，但却答错了试题，关 键原因在于没有真正把握作者的写作意图与写作态度。较 高层次的理解题往往会把某些事情的发展留给读者去进行 合理的推断。本题中，根据第四段Telling someone to “have another (or a second or third) helping” can be seen as an unpleasant suggestion that the guest has eaten too much. 可知 答案。 “I have great confidence that by the end of the decade we’ll know in vast detail how cancer cells arise,” says microbiologist Robert Weinberg, an expert on cancer. “But,” he cautions, “some people have the idea that once one understands the causes, the cure will rapidly follow.
真 题 回 放
Consider Pasteur. He discovered the causes of many kinds of infections, but it was fifty or sixty years before cures were available.” The example of Pasteur in the passage is used to___. A. predict that the secret of cancer will be disclosed in a decade B. indicate that the prospects for curing cancer are bright C. prove that cancer will be cured in fifty to sixty years D. warn that there is still a long way to go before cancer can be conquered D Pasteur 是关键词，在文章中先找到Pasteur很容易，这 样就确定了所考的段落。正确理解文中例证的主角 Pasteur，看看前面就知道了有信心弄清楚癌细胞是怎么 出现的，后面再举例是为了说明：治愈癌症还要等很多 年。所以答案是D。
知 识 积 累
impression (印象)， elbow (肘)，slurp (咂咂地吃)， swallow (吞下，咽下)，napkin (纸巾)
Useful play an important part in (扮演重要角色)，be aware phrases of(意识到)，lean on(靠在上面)， move away from(远离)，pick up (捡起来) Useful 1. You should neither lean on the back of the chair nor sentenc bend forward to place the elbows on the table. es 2. When you offer more food to your guests, you need to choose your words carefully, if you are the host of a party. 3. Be careful when you remove inedible items from the mouth. My My favorite artist is __________. The reason why I love favorite him is that__________________________________. artist My favorite artist is Su Dongpo. The reason why I love him is that both his drawing and his handwriting are excellent.
Key words 篇 段落 章 结 Para. 1 table 构 manners, part, impression, dinner table
Good table manners play an important part in making a favorable impression at the dinner table. Para. 2 first thing, be The first thing you aware of, should be aware of proper is that you need to posture have proper posture at the table.
The passage tells us some table manners especially do’s and don’ts when dining out.
spoon, into, soup
Put the spoon into the soup when eating soup, moving it away from the body. your guests, choose When you offer more food to your words, carefully your guests, you need to choose your words carefully. proper response, pick The proper response to “Please up, the person ,beside pass the salt ”, is to pick up you both the salt and the pepper and to place them on the table next to the person beside you. careful, inedible items Be careful when you remove inedible items from the mouth.
Good table manners play an important part in making a favorable impression at the dinner table. The first thing you should be aware of is that you need to have proper posture at the table. Sit up straight, with your arms held near your body. You should neither lean on the back of the chair nor bend forward to place the elbows on the table. Put the spoon into the soup when eating soup, moving it away from the body, until it is nearly full, then suck the liquid without slurping (咂咂地吃) from the side of the spoon and putting the whole spoon into the mouth. When you offer more food to your guests, you need to choose your words carefully, if you are the host of a party. Telling someone to “have another (or a second or third) helping” can be seen as an unpleasant suggestion that the guest has eaten too much.
The proper response to “Please pass the salt”, a very simple sounding request, is to pick up both the salt and the pepper and to place them on the table next to the person beside you, who will do the same, and so on, until they reach the person who asked for them. Be careful when you remove inedible items from the mouth. The general rule for removing food from your mouth is that it should go out the same way it went in. A piece of bone discovered in a piece of chicken should be returned to the plate by the fork. Only fish is different. It is fine to remove the tiny bones with your fingers, since they would be difficult to drop from your mouth onto the fork. And, of course, if what you have to spit out will be very ugly—an extremely fatty piece of meat that you simply can’t swallow, for example—you should quietly spit it into your napkin, so that you can keep it out of sight.
1. Which of the following statement is TRVE? A. The passage gives us general advice on how to make friends B. The passage gives us direction on how to host a dinner party C. The passage tells us some do’s and don’ts when dining out D. The passage tells us how to be guests with good manners C 主旨大意题。短文告诉我们一些餐桌礼仪。 2. According to the passage, you should ______ when eating soup. A. put the whole spoon into your mouth B. slurp it from the side of the spoon C. put the whole spoon into the mouth D. suck it without making noise D 细节理解题。根据第三段可知答案。
3. If you are the host of a party, you should_____. A. avoid telling your guests to have another helping. B. be careful of your manner C. advise someone not to eat too much D. constantly offer more food to your guests A 推断题。见上表。 4. What does the underlined word “inedible” mean in the last paragraph? A. not nutritious B. not delicious C. not suitable to be eaten D. not fit to drink C 词义猜测题。根据第四段“removing food from your mouth ”可知答案。
5. If you can’t swallow an extremely fatty piece of meat at a party, what should you do with it? A. Spit it directly onto the floor. B. Try very hard to swallow it. C. Remove it from your mouth with your fingers. D. Spit it into your napkin quietly and hide it. D 细节理解题。根据最后一段可知。
六、基础写作 假设你是你校京剧爱好者协会的成员，在一次同英国 中学生代表团的联欢活动中，你的协会将策划一个京剧节 目。演出前，由你向外国朋友介绍京剧的由来，按以下提 示介绍： 1. 京剧在中国很受欢迎，历史悠久，有200多年的历史。 2. 在清朝，当时的皇帝对地方剧有兴趣。18世纪末，为庆祝 皇帝80岁生日，各地方剧团来京演出，4个来自安徽的剧 团在庆典后留在北京。慢慢形成了一种新剧种，被称为京 剧。 3. 宣布演出开始。 参考词汇： 地方剧local opera； 清朝Qing Dynasty； 剧团：troupe
【写作要求】只能使用5个句子表达全部内容； 【评分标准】句子结构准确，信息内容完整，篇章结构连贯。 Beijing Opera, with a history of more than 200 years, is very popular in China. During the Qing Dynasty, the emperor had a strong interest in local operas. In the late 18th century, to celebrate the emperor’s 80th birthday, local opera troupes from different parts of China came to Beijing to perform for him. Four famous troupes from Anhui province remained in Beijing after the celebration and gradually a new type came into being known as Beijing Opera. Now is the performance.
Section Ⅲ. 词汇拓展 artistic photography 艺术摄影 art layout 艺术设计 artistic form 艺术形式 artistic value 艺术价值 greasepaint 油彩 artifact 伪迹，假象 art corridor 艺术长廊 cultural artifact 文化产品 ancient artifacts 古代艺术品 classicism古典主义 counterfeit 仿造，伪造 grandmaster 大师
cultural renaissance 文化复兴 reserve value 收藏价值 appreciation of collection 收藏鉴赏 collecting craze 收藏热 works appreciation作品欣赏 classical literature古典文学 abstract art 抽象主义 geometric abstraction 几何抽象主义 post-modernist 后现代主义 republic of letters 文学界 cultivation of Ethic Thought 思想道德修养 pencil sketch 素描