HM-2080: Modifying Models using solidThinking
In this tutorial, you will: ? ? ? ? Open geometry in solidThinking Inspired Modify geometry inside solidThinking Inspired Export modified ge
ometry Import geometry inside HyperWorks Desktop
The benefit of using solidThinking is that you can apply quick geometry fixes without going back to the CAD software.
Exercise: Modify model using solidThinking
This exercise uses the model file, rail_extrusion.stp.
Step 1: Open and view the model file, rail_extrusion.stp.
1. Launch solidThinking Inspired. 2. Go to File > Open 3. In the file dialog switch, set the drop-down to Inspired All Types. 4. Browse to the tutorial files and select rail_extrusion.stp.
Step 2: Edit geometry
1. Select the Push/Pull faces tool.
2. Click on one end of the rail and push to reduce its length. 3. Click on the bottom of the rail and pull to increase its height. Your modified geometry might look something like the example below. It is now ready to be transferred into HyperWorks Desktop.
Step 3: Export geometry from solidThinking Inspired.
1. Go to File > Save as… 2. From the drop-down menu select STEP (*.stp). 3. Choose a name and click Save. 4. Exit solidThinking Inspired.
Step 4: Import geometry in HyperWorks Desktop.
1. Open HyperMesh Desktop. 2. Go to File > Import > Geometry. 3. In the Import tab, browse to the STEP file you previously saved. 4. Click Import. You can now see your modified geometry in HyperMesh.
Step 5 (Optional): Save your work.
Save the model as a HyperMesh database.