Part I 阅读理解 （共 10 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 20 分）
此部分共有 2 篇短文，在第一篇短文后有 5 个问题。请从每个问题后的 A、B、C、D 四个选 项中选出正确选项；在第二篇短文后有 5 个正误判断题，从每题后的两个选项中选出正确答 案。 Passage 1
The dark smoke t
hat comes out of stacks or from a burning dump contains tiny bits of solid or liquid matter. The smoke also contains many gases, most of which cannot be seen. Altogether, they make up the serious problems of air pollution. In so many places it keeps us from seeing the sun, irritates our eyes, causes us to cough and makes us ill. Air pollution can spread from city to city. It even spreads from one country to another. Some northern European countries have had “black snow” from pollutants that have traveled through the air from other countries and have fallen with the snow. So air pollution is a global problem. It can kill babies, older people and those who have respiratory disease. In 1952, four thousand people die in one week as a result of a serious air pollution breakout in London. In 1948 in a small town of Pennsylvania, 20 people died in a four-day period of air pollution. As often found in cities, air pollution increases the risk of lung disease, such as bronchitis and asthma. Of course, smoking and other factors help to cause these illnesses, too, but these causes have increased greatly during recent years as air pollution has become worse. 1. Which of the following is not true about the “black snow” incident? A. It happened in the northern European countries. B. It happened there because air pollution in these countries was most serious. C. Pollutants that fell with snow made it dirty. D. It is a global problem. 2. Who can be killed by air pollution? A. Earth and plants. B. Stones and birds C. Those who suffer from respiratory illnesses. D. Both A and C. 3. How many people died of air pollution in Pennsylvania in 1948? A. 4,000. B. 20. C. None D. 4020 4. What are bronchitis and asthma? A. Different types of headaches. B. Lung disease. C. Heart disease. D. Different types of stomach aches. 5. According to the passage, air pollution increases people’s chance of getting ______. A. headache B. a lung disease C. stomachache D. nervous breakdown
Agnes Miller was one of the earliest leaders of the women's liberation movement in the United States. She was born on a farm in Missouri in 1892. She had a very happy life as a child. She was the only daughter and the youngest child of five. Her parents and her brothers always treated her as their favorite. In 1896 the family moved to Chicago. Three years later they moved back to St. Louis where Agnes spent the rest of her childhood. She enjoyed her years in school and was a very good student of mathematics. She was also quite good as a painter. It was when Agnes went off to college that she first learned that women were not treated as equals. She didn't like being treated unequally but she tried not to notice it. After graduating from college she tried to get a job in her major field, physics. She soon found it was almost impossible for a woman. Agnes spent a full year looking for a job. Finally she gave up in anger. She began writing letters to various newspapers. An editor in New York liked her ideas very much. He especially liked her style. He asked her to do a series of stories on the difficulties that women had in finding a job. And there she began her great fight for equal rights for women. 6. Agnes parents treated her as their favorite. A：T B：F 7. The Millers moved back to Chicago in 1896. A：T B：F 8. Agnes studied mathematics when she was in college. A：T B：F 9. Agnes first came to realize that women were treated unequally when she started her college life. A：T B：F 10. An editor in New York liked both the ideas in her letters and her writing style. A：T B：F
英语知识运用（共 10 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 20 分）
此部分共有 10 个未完成的对话， 针对每个对话中未完成的部分有 4 个选项， 请你从 A、 B、 C、 D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并用铅笔将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。
11. ---Madam, do all the buses go downtown? ---__________ A. Wow, you got the idea. B. No, never mind. C. Pretty well, I g uses. D. Sorry, I’ m new here. 12. ---Could I borrow your car for a few days? ---________ .
A. Yes, you may borrow. B. Yes, go on. C. Sure, here you are. Enjoy your journey. D. It doesn’t matter. 13. ---Would you mind changing seats with me? --- ______________ A. Yes, you can. B. Of course, I like to. C. No, I don’t mind. D. Certainly, please do. 14. ---How was your trip to London, Jane? --- __________. A. Oh, wonderful indeed B. I went there alone. C. The guide showed me the way. D. By plane and by bus. 15. ---I was worried about my math, but Mr. Brown gave me an A. ---___________. A. Don’t worry about it. B. Congratulations! That’s a difficult course. C. Mr. Brown is very good. D. Good luck to you! 16. ---Oh, Betty, we will be having a buffet party next Saturday, and we’d like you to join us. ---_________, Susan. What’s the occasion? What time do you want me to come? A. I’d love to B. No way C. By no means D. I’m afraid not 17. ---I didn’t mean to do that. Please forgive me. --- ________ A. Not too bad. B. That’s all right. C. It’s a pleasure D. Thank you 18. ---Wow. That’s a marvelous room. I’ve never known you’re so artistic! --- _________ A. Great, I am very art-conscious B. Don’t mention it C. Thank you for your compliments D. It’s fine 19. ---May I see your tickets, please? --- ______ A. No, they’re mine. B. No you can’t C. Sure D. Yes, you can 20. ---Would you like another slice of Christmas cake? ---________. I’m full. A. Yes, please. B. No more, thanks. C. Why not?
D. Nothing more.
词汇和结构 （共 10 小题；每小 2 分，满分 20 分）
此部分共有 10 个未完成的句子， 针对每个句子中未完成的部分有 4 个选项， 请你从 A、 B、 C、 D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并用铅笔将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。
21. How can he _____________ if he is not _____________? A. listen; hearing B. hear; listening C. be listening; heard D. be hearing; listened to 22. In ______, the northerners have a particular liking for dumplings while the southerners are fond of rice. A. common B. total C. general D. particular 23. The old houses are being pulled down to ______________ a new office block. A. make room for B. make use of C. take the place of D. supply with 24. Would you like something ______________? A. drink B. to drink C. drinking D. for drinking
25. The young actor who had been thought highly of _______ to be a great disappointment. A. turned up B. turned out C. turned down D. turned in 26. He suddenly ______ that he had left his umbrella on the train. A. released B. realized C. refused D. repeated
27. The teacher came into the classroom, ______ a thick book in her hand. A. have B. to have C. having D. had 28. He didn’t pass the final examination. He _______it. A. must have prepared for B. ought to prepare for C. ought to have prepared for D. should prepare for 29. She has reached the key point ______ a change is needed. A. which B. that C. as 30. Don't ask other people's advice ______ you intend to act on it. A. therefore B. unless C. however D. where D. expect
完型填空（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分）
以下短文中共包含 5 个未完成的句子，针对每个句子中空缺部分，请从 A、B、C、D、E 五个 选项中选出正确选项。
Water is very important to living things. Without water there can be ___31___ life on earth. All animals and plants need water. Men need water, too. We need water to drink, to cook our food and to clean ___32___. Water ___33___ almost everywhere. Even in the driest part of the world there is some water in the air. You cannot see it or feel it when it is part of the air. The water ___34___ seas and rivers is a liquid. The water in the air is not a liquid but a gas. Clouds are made of water. They may ___35__ made of very small drops of water. Water, you have found, is very useful, so we must save water. 31. A. ourselves 32. A. ourselves 33. A. ourselves 34. A. ourselves B. is found B. is found B. is found B. is found C. be C. be C. be C. be D. in D. in D. in D. in E. no E. no E. no E. no
35. A. ourselves
B. is found
翻译 （3 小题，满分 15 分）
36. Wisdom is much more important than knowledge. 37. I've got accustomed to the weather in Shanghai. 38. We should adapt ourselves to the new surroundings.
写作（满分 15 分）
根据以下提纲写一篇不少于 80 字作文
请按下列要求写一个通知 1. 我们的英语老师将举行晚会，请全班同学参加。 2. 晚会时间：晚上六点；地点：在 102 教室。 3. 请每个同学准备唱一首英语歌曲或用英语讲一个笑话。