1. He said: “I’ve left my pen in
He told me that he had left his
book in his room.
2. She sa
id: “He will be busy.”→
She said that he would be busy.
3. She said to Tom, “Can you
She asked Tom if/whether he could help her.
Learning useful structure Look at these sentences:
S1: Open the window. S2: Pass on the book to your deskmate. S3: Will you please close the door? Then ask: What is the difference among the sentences ?
Make clear the difference between commands and requests and finish the following exercises:
1. Go and collect the wood right now. (C) 2. Could you go and get the shopping bags, please? (R) 3. Shut the door at once. (C) 4. Go and get my coat. (C) 5. Would you please get that book for me? (R)
祈使句的直接引语和间接引语 祈使句的间接引语——采用 “动词+宾语+不定式”结构。
told/asked/ordered sb. (not) to do sth.
引语的动词常用tell, order, command
祈使句 him, “Don’t
间接引语(变化后) 不定式 him not to leave his
The officer said to The officer ordered leave your post.” post.
直接引语 (变化前) 句 I said to him,
间接引语(变化后) I suggested him that we (should) start at once.
Let’s开头的祈使 that 引导的宾语从句
“Let’s start at
直接引语 (变化前) 感叹句 He said: “How happy I am!”
He said that he was very happy. He said how happy he was.
1.The teacher said to the students,
“Don’t waste your time.” → The teacher told the students not to waste their time.
2.The mother said, “Tom, get up
early, please.”→ The mother asked Tom to get up early.
直接引语如果是以“Let’s”开头的祈使 句，变为间接引语时，通常用 “suggest +动句词（或从句）。” 例如：
He said, "Let’s go to the film."
→He suggested going to the film.
或He suggested that they should go to
see the film.
练一练 1.“Please close the window,” he said to me. →He ______ me _____ the window.
A. said to; to close
B. told to; closing
C. asked ; to close
D. said to; please close
2. He said, “Don’t do that again.”
He _____ me _______ that again.
A. said to me; not to do
B. said to me; don’t do C. told me; don’t do D. told me; not to do
3.“Don’t put it on my hat.”his wife said to him. His wife told him ___put it on ___hat. A. don’t, his B. don’t, her
C. not to, his
D. not to, her
4. Rose asked Tom, “Did you see my purse?” Rose asked Tom ___. A. whether that he had seen her purse B. whether he had seen her purse C. that whether he had seen her purse
D. that if he has seen her purse
5.He asked me ________ with me.
A. what the matter is
B. what the mater was
C. what’s the matter
D. what was the matter
解析:如果直接引语是“What’s the matter?” “What’s wrong?” “What’s the trouble?”, 变间接引语时
6. He asked , “Are you a Party member or a League member?” →He asked me ______.
A. am I a Party member or a League member
B. was I a Party member or a League member C. Whether I was a Party member or a League member D. whether was I a Party member or a League member
7. “You’ve already got well, haven’t you?” she asked. →She asked ________. A. if I have already got well, hadn’t you B. whether I had already got well C. have I already got well D. had I already got well.
8. He asked ________ for the computer.
A. did I pay how much
B. I paid how much
C. how much did I pay
D. how much I paid
9.The boy said, “May I go along with
you?” The boy asked me ___. A. if I might go along with you B. if he might go along with you C. if he might go along with me D. if he might go along with the boy
10.He said, “Mother, the boy is very naughty.” →He ____ very naughty. A. said his mother that the boy was B. said to his mother that the boy is C. told his mother that the boy was D. spoke to his mother that the boy was
把下列句子变为直接引语或间接引语。 1. “Open the window, please.” Mother said to me. Mother asked / told me to open the window. 2. The teacher told the student not to speak to him / her like that. “Don’t speak to me like that,” the teacher said to the student.
3. “Would you please stop to have a rest?” she said. She asked me to stop to have a rest.
4. He asked me to lower my voice. “Could you please lower your voice?” he said.
单句改错。 1. Mr. Liu told us don’t be late again. don’t → not to
2. He says we were to meet him at the station. were → are 3. Mum said to me to make sure the light was turned off. said to → told
翻译下列句子。 1. 他建议我带上雨伞。
He advised me to take an umbrella with me.
2. 老师告诉我们上课时不要吃东西。 The teacher told us not to eat in class.
1.Finish Page 50 in Workbook. 2.Make up a dialogue with your partner. One use direct speech, the other use indirect speech. And act it out next class.