2013 届（2012 学年）上海市高三英语一模——语法
II. Grammar and vocabulary Section A Directions: Beneath each of the following sentences there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. ch
oose the one answer that best completes the sentence. 25. The start of a new year brings hope — hope _____ better health, more happiness and greater success. A. among B. for C. over D. on 26. –What is the man, actually? – I don’t know for sure. But I think he can be _____ but a policeman. A. nothing B. something C. everything D. anything 27. –Do you know where David is? I couldn’t find him anywhere. – Well. He _____ have gone far — his glasses are still here. A. shouldn’t B. mustn’t C. can’t D. wouldn’t 28. I suppose you are unwilling to change your idea, _____? A. aren’t you B. do I C. don’t I D. are you 29. At the moment of the car accident, Jason’s life _____ in the blink of an eye. A. changes B. had changed C. was changing D. changed 30. The law says that all public buildings must be accessible to people who have trouble _____. A. walking B. walk C. to walk D. walked 31. Many students apply for a position at that company, but only a few _____. A. are being accepted B. are accepted C. have accepted D. accept 32. Desserts made from apples, such as pies, apple pancakes and apples _____ in sugar are available for sampling. A. dipping B. dip C. dipped D. to dip 33. Tom’s resolution _____ up drinking alcohol lasted only two days. A. given B. giving C. give D. to give 34. The boy, one of the so-called rich second generation, forced his parents to buy a new car _____ it might cost. A. no matter how B. however high C. no matter how much D. how much 35. A business plan should be a strategic outline of _____ you are going to do, why and how you are going to do it. A. what B. which C. how D. that 36. The teacher left word with our monitor _____ she would explain the problem again next time. A. who B. which C. as D. that 37. They will pay a visit to Europe in a couple of years _____ they have enough money. A. for fear that B. on condition that C. even though D. as well as 38. Every time Gina catches her employees _____ time, she reminds them that time is money. A. to waste B. wasting C. wasted D. waste
39. Not until 2012 _____ to a Chinese writer for the first time. A. the Nobel Prize in literature was awarded B. was awarded the Nobel Prize in literature C. was the Nobel Prize in literature awarded D. the Nobel Prize was awarded in literature 40. BrainPOP is an educational program consisting of brief animated videos _____ a man named Tim and his robot friend Moby discuss various subjects. A. in which B. which C. as D. in that 25—29 BDCAD 30—34 ABCDC 35—40 ADBBC A 崇明县
II. Grammar and Vocabulary
Section A Directions: Beneath each of the following sentences there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence. 25. In the summer vacation I often go swimming to find some relief _____ the summer heat. A. on B. for C. from D. off 26. Be sure to check whether the station wants to use your voice or _____ of another reporter. A. that B. this C. it D. one 27. I don’t have enough money on me now, so I’ll take _____ one of the two. A. cheaper B. the cheaper C. cheapest D. the cheapest 28. He _____ the composition yesterday because I asked him to do it only this morning. A. mustn’t have finished B. can’t have finished C. shouldn’t have finished D. needn’t have finished 29. This species _____ on the Earth for over 160 million years. Then 65 million years ago it suddenly disappeared. A. were B. was C. have been D. has been 30. If _____ to such severe weather for more than an hour, you will most certainly die. A. exposing B. to expose C. being exposed D. exposed 31. In that culture blue stands for love, which is _____ a bride carries or wears something blue on her wedding day. A. what B. that C. why D. how 32. We object to _____ for something that we haven’t done. A. be blamed B. being blamed C. blaming D. blame 33. But the fact is that _____ you are fat or thin, young or old, the best hope you have of guarding your brain is to eat well and exercise. A. since B. why C. whether D. although 34. She plays the piano really well and she can play _____ music anyone puts in front of her. A. whatever B. whenever C. whomever D. however 35. – He has been crazy about computer games since he graduated from junior high school. – Is it for this reason _____ he does badly in study in senior high school? A. what B. which C. that D. why 36. The last of four unmanned experimental US military aircraft designed to fly at six times the speed of sound _____ to be tested next year. A. expects B. is expecting C, will be expected D. is expected
37. A jail usually contains fields or factories _____ the prisoners can work to provide services to the larger community. A. so that B. as if C. in case D. even if 38. I wish to go to the concert with you tomorrow evening, _____? A. do I and the exact roads. A. to choose B. chosen C. choosing D. choose 40. Battlefield software and radiation-therapy systems are just two examples _____ designing for beauty may not be the proper focus. A. that B. when C. what D. where B. don’t I C. must I D. may I 39. I’ve roughed out the direction that we should take, but I’ll leave it to you _____ the details
II. Grammar and Vocabulary Section A Directions: Beneath each of the following sentences there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence. 25. In 2012, Mo Yan was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature, ______ the delight of the Chinese people. A. with B. for C. at D. to 26. -- It is said that another high-speed railway ______. -- Yes. It has been being built for about two years already. A. has been built B. is built C. will be built D. is being built 27. A new tax law, ______ the use of electric cars to reduce pollution and oil dependence, is under consideration. A. having encouraged B. to encourage C. encouraged D. encouraging 28. No situations are more annoying and frightening than being trapped in a car that ______ start. A. won’t B. can’t C. mustn’t D. shan’t 29. The girl as well as her classmates dislikes that horrible and bleeding story, ______? A. does she B. doesn’t she C. do they D. don’t they 30. -- Excuse me. I wonder where I can get help. I ______ my passport. -- But where did you lose it? A. have lost B. lost C. had lost D. was losing 31. Generally, we never enjoy visiting cities because we know one city is much like ______. A. the other B. another C. the others D. others
32. -- How long do you think it is ______ she became a student teacher? -- Half a year at least. A. when B. before C. that D. since 33. Although a young kid, Johnson could resist ______ what to do and what not to do. A. to be told B. having been told C. being told D. to have been told 34. Word makes people heart-broken ______ a baby in a stolen car was cruelly killed by a bad guy. A. where B. which C. when D. that 35. The time is not far away ______ fair national health service will be available to all Chinese people. A. when B. as C. until D. before 36. The newly - married young couple have bought an apartment in a downtown street ______. A. the same size with yours B. the same size of you C. as large as yours D. as large as your size 37. Animals of the cat family are very fierce, and they can’t be easily tamed unless ______ young. A. catching B. having caught C. caught D. to be caught 38. At the scene of the accident, people should leave things ______ they are until the police arrive. A. as B. which C. when D. what 39. The two old sisters, so long, held each other and burst into tears. A. being separated B. having been separated C. having separated D. separating 40. With his design completed in advance, Harper took his seat heavily, feeling pleased ______ he was a man of action. A. which B. what C. that D. Whether 25 - 40: DDBAB ABDCD ACCAB C
25.The capital will further limit the number of rush-hour subway passengers to cope with the growing pressure _______ the network. A. to B. at C. on D. with
26. Three foreign films will be on this month. One is made in Korea, _______ two are made in England. A. rest B. another C. other D. the other
27. Teachers _______ be sensitive to the development level of each student so as to help them better. A. need to B. may C. are able to D. can
28. Most students think they should have _______ at school if there were no examinations. A. the happiest time C. much happiest time B. a more happier time D. a much happier time
29. The manager listened to the customers’ complaints attentively with great patience, _______ to miss any point. A. not trying B. trying not C. to try not D. not to try
30. Rain and high winds today _______ to take the place of yesterday’s mild conditions. A. expect B. are expected C. are expecting D. has expected
31. _______ parents say and do usually has a life-long effect on their children.
A. That B. Which C. What D. As
32. The adoption of orphans and physically challenged children has been a subject of public debate _______ a fire in an unregistered orphanage last month. A. according to B. in case of C. ever since D. such as
33. President Barack Obama told ABC news _______ he was aware of the development of the recent investigation. A. that B. what C. which D. whether
34. A latest report by Taobao said that visitors through wireless devices _______ from 10 million in 2010 to 300 million by the end of last year. A. would grow C. has been growing B. has grown D. had grown
35. Reform is taking place in the country’s vast countryside, _______ tens of millions of farmers have moved to cities for work. A. when B. which C. where D. that 36. In fact, I think it’s very much nicer without the naughty boy, if you don’t mind me _______ so. A. say B. to say C. saying D. to saying
37. The number of the dead pigs _______ out of the Huangpu River in Shanghai’s Songjiang District had risen to 5,916 by March 12. A. fished B. to fish C. to be fished D. fishing
38. A 7-year-old boy received an operation on Tuesday successfully _______ he has many other health problems. A. since B. however C. though D. therefore
39. China’s plan _______ its installed nuclear power capacity by 20 percent this year shows that the country is developing new energy in an efficient way. A. raised B. to raise C. raising D. has raised
40. It was announced that only when the terrible disease was under control _______ to return to their homes. A. the residents would decide C. would the residents be decided 25—29 CDADB B. would the residents decide D. the residents would be decided 35—40 CCACBB
Ⅱ. Grammar and Vocabulary Section A Direction: Beneath each of the following sentences there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence. 25. Lending him money would be equivalent, in my opinion, A. by B. from C. on D. to _______ throwing it away.
26. Many of the pianos made by Steinway & Sons Company in Germany, especially ______ made during its ―golden period‖, are valued at several at million dollars. A. that B. those C. one D. One
27. Now that they both had their cut, the twins looked ______ alike than usual. A. much B. rather C. even more D. quite more
28. Mr. Wang’s phone hasn’t stopped ringing since he won the lottery (彩票).People _______ to ask how he is going to spend the money. A. phone B. phoned C. will phone D. are phoning
29. ---Excuse me, sir. Where is Room 316? --- Just a minute. I will geta receptionist _______ you to your room. A. show B. shown C. showing D. to show
30. The company is facing a potential serious crisis though its profits ______ increase this year. A. may B.shall C. should D. need
31. Born in a wealthy family, the boy took everything in his life for granted ______ for the first time he saw how poor farmers struggled to survive the hard life. A. until B. that C. when D. while
32. In the old days, students were expected to memorize information and then feed back what ______ to them. A. provided B. was being provided C. was to provide D. had been provided
33. A hot air balloon caught fire in Egypt early this year, ______ 18 tourists on board. A. kills B. killed C. killing D. to kill
34. Whether ______ or not, major depressive disorder is often associated with changes in brain
structures or brain functions. A. to inherit B. inherited C. inheriting D. being inherited
35. The boy hopes to become friend of ______ shares his interests and happiness. A. who B. whomever C. whoever D. anyone
36. Tames is hardly willing to change any of his decisions, so it is no use ______ with him. A. arguing B. argued C. to argue D. having argued
37. ______ the speaker referred to in his speech yesterday was unfamiliar to the general audience. A. That B. What C. Whether D. Where
38. Error correction in a language class should never be carried to the point ______ it discourages students from getting involved. A. where B. which C. how D. when
39. --- How was the television debate last night? --- Super! Barely ______ so much media attention. A. a debate attracted B. a debate did attract C. did a debate attract D. Attracted a debate
40. Top students are not merely those who sit up late to study. It is their concentration and efficiency ______ really matter. A. what B. that C. whether D. which
25-30 DBCDDA 31-35 ADCBC 36-40 ABACB
II. Grammar and Vocabulary Section A 25. Your generous donation can make a huge difference ______ the life of those living below the poverty line. A. 26. from B. on C. to D. of
I thought the journey would be simple, but ______ could be further from the truth. A. anything B. something C. nothing D. any thing
Well known for their amazing strength, ants can lift ______.
A. heavier than 50 times their own weight B. 50 times heavy as their own weight C. 50 times heavy than their own weight D. 50 times their own weight 28. Though he ______ many times, he still had no idea of this complicated concept. A. had told C. had been told 29. B. have been told D. has told
The Guinness World Records recognized 30-year-old Jessica Cox the first person without arms ______ an airplane. A. flying B. flew C. having flown D. to fly
During my journey, I started thinking about how difficult it ______ to travel before cars, trains and planes made our lives so much easier. A. needn’t have been C. must have been B. shouldn’t have been D. should have been
Such great progress ______ in English so far that his friends can hardly believe that. A. has Jack made C. does Jack make B. Jack has made D. Jack makes
Lost in Thailand made people laugh and ______ them without big, expensive effects. A. entertains entertained B. entertained C. was entertaining D. had
______ there is nothing wrong with fast food, our health is more important than our desire to finish eating as quickly as possible. A. Once Since B. While C. As D.
______ of the current news, whether it is domestic or overseas, is his daily routine. A. Being informed B. Informed D. Having been informed
The sight or even thought of snakes may give you a horrible feeling, but there are a few exceptions ______ prove snakes are not always associated with horror. A. which what B. where C. to which D.
Quantities of precious jewelry, ______ buried deep in the earth, amazed all the people present. A. was found found B. were found C. to be found D.
Around 2000 years ago, many merchants travelled along ______ became known as the Silk Road. A. where B. what C. that D. which
It was while Chaplin was travelling with a group of other performers in the USA ______ he was given a chance to be in a film. A. where B. when C. that D. which
There were only ten minutes ______ when they hurried to the departure gate at the airport. A. remained remained B. remaining C. to remain D. being
Beijing and Shanghai have released their plans to gradually allow students to take college entrance exams ______ their parents work as migrant workers. A. where B. when C. in which 30-34 CABBA D. that 40.
Section A A
25. Some abstract modern paintings were ______ my understanding; I simply couldn’t figure out what the painters really wanted to tell us. A. within B. behind C. around D. beyond 26. — What did you have for breakfast during your visit to Britain? — ______ but bread and butter. That was the only food they served day in and day out. A. Nothing B. Everything C. Anything D. Something 27. — ______ I take the magazines out? — I’m afraid not. They are supposed to be read here in the study room. A. Will B. Must C. May D. Need 28. Experiments on animals ______ long before the medicine was applied to patients.
A. have conducted B. have been conducted C. had conducted D. had been conducted The document film ______ next week aims at introducing local cultures to the world. A. released B. being released C. to be released D. having been released The school authority had a discussion regarding ______ they should set up more scholarships to meet the increasing demands. A. whether B. what C. that D. whom Something has to be done to stop the rivers from being further polluted, ? A. doesn’t it B. hasn’t it C. does it D. has it A warning signal suddenly appeared on the screen of my computer, ______ the computer was being attacked by a certain virus. A. indicated B. indicating C. to indicate D. having indicated — Do you think the weather is good enough for a picnic? — Definitely. You couldn’t hope for ______ at this time of the month. A. the nicer day B. a nicer day C. the nicest day D. nice a day
34. On top of the hill ______, whose style can be traced to the ages of the Roman Empire. A. there standing a church B. does a church stand C. a church stands D. stands a church 35. As he didn’t feel like ______, he powered off his mobile phone and kept the computer disconnected to the internet. A. being disturbed B. disturbing C. to disturb D. to be disturbed 36 — Do you have the time? I’ve got something to tell you. — Ok, ______ you make your story short. A. now that B. even if C. so long as D. in case 37. There is strong evidence ______ the absence of regulations increases the probability that some websites steal and sell their users’ personal information. A. where B. that C. how D. because 38. Shortly after the earthquake occurred a mobile hospital was set up, ______ the victims received immediate treatment. A. when B. which C. there D. where 39. The polo bear will face the fate of extinction ______ the ice keeps melting at an alarming speed. A. if B. until C. unless D. before 40. IP addresses are the unique sequence of numbers ______ to each computer, websites or other Internet-connected devices. A. to assign B. assigning C. assigned D. being assigned 25. D 26. A 27 . C 28 . D 29 . C 30 . A 31 . A 32. B 33 . B 34 . D 35. A 36. C 37. B 38 . D 39 . A 40 . C
II. Section A
DBADBD DCCDB 普陀区
25. The lift in that tall building went wrong and got trapped _____ floors. People in it had no way to get out. A. in B. between C. among D. on 26. – Have you finished reading Jane Eyre? – No, I _____ my homework all day yesterday. A. was doing A. Completing A. Would B. would do B. Complete B. Will C. has done C. Completed C. May D. do D. To complete D. Should 27. _____ the project as planned, we’ll have to work two more hours a day. 28. _____ you continue in your efforts and achieve new and greater successes. 29. The president lost himself in his work, and not a sound _____. A. did the secretary dare to make C. the secretary dared make near future. A. cut A. one other fifty dollars C. more fifty dollars A. when A. not take A. that B. until B. not to take B. why
B. dared the secretary to make D. the secretary did dare to make
30. Rainforests _____ and burned at such a speed that they will disappear from the earth in the B. are cut C. are being cut B. the same amount also D. another fifty C. after C. not to taking C. what D. before D. not taking D. which D. had been cut
31. Miss Green contributed fifty dollars, but she wished she could contribute _____.
32. She was so absorbed in the book that she had read it for three hours _____ she realized it. 33. Many children have formed the habit of reading but _____ efficient notes meanwhile. 34. The nurses are trying their best to reduce the patient’s fear _____ he would die of the disease.
35. The hours _____ the children spend in their one-way relationship with television people undoubtedly affect their relationships with real-life people. A. on which dreams. A. reminding A. which A. that B. to remind B. when B. which C. reminded C. how C. what D. remind D. that D. whether 37. It’s not what we do once in a while _____ shapes our lives but what we do consistently. 38. Kids in the new century no longer take _____ their parents impose on him for granted. 39. The reason why we set up ―a green responsibility card‖ is to give a feeling of accomplishment to people _____. A. involves involved 40. You are saying that everyone should take equal responsibility, and that is _____ I disagree. A. why B. where C. what D. how B. involving C. involved D. having B. when C. in which D. that 36. Michael put up a picture of Jeremy Lin beside the bed to keep himself _____ of his own
闸北区 25.The CEOs of many famed international companies are participating_____ special observers in this year’s Mayor’s Forum(论坛） A. as B. in C. at D. for 26. Thanks to modern technology,today contacting a friend thousands of miles away seems to be _____ saying hello to a next door neighbour. A. as easy as B. as easily as C. so easy that D. so easily as 27. At least 20 people lost their lives in the air crash and,according to the hospital,____ was the polit,who died soon after he was sent to the hospital. A. among which B. among whom C. among them D. among what 28. Grass skiing is a rising form of entertainment, popular with young people,___ sliding on the grass could be adventurous and enjoyable. A. who B. when C. where D. whose 29. To a teacher and parent, it’s one thing to educate students but it is quite ____ to teach one’s own kid. A. other B. another C. the other D. some other 30. A ticket agent _____ at all necessary for passengers could have bought the air tickets on line last week. A. hadn’t been B. isn’t C. wasn’t D. won’t be 31. Many ''successful Americans'' try hard to be different from others____ the myth of success implies comparison between people. A. unless B. because C. although D. however 32. The income gap in Switzerland is much smaller than in many other European countries ____ the country’s social stability and harmony.
A. ensuring B. ensured C. ensures D. to have ensured 33. Apart from police guns, there are only 49 legal handguns in Japan , _____ in the hands of highly skilled expert civilian shooters. A. hold B. to hold C. held D. holding 34.The basketball player is not good with words and he _____ a ghostwriter for his newly-published autobiography(自传). A. should have called in B. must have called in C. must call in D. would call in 35.Brazil is a nation with a successful investment in energy that comes from grains and _____ ten percent of its oil supply with grain energy is its current goal. A. replaces B. has replaced C. replacing D. to be replaced 36. Becoming successful is achieved through focus on what one is doing ,without being tempted by factors like money or title, _____ ? A. doesn’t it B. won’t one C.is it D. isn’t it 37. The Chinese first lady’s dressing during her state visit to Russia _____ much in newspapers and on TV ,which sparked heated discussion at home and abroad. . A. reported B. has reported C.was reported D. was reporting 38.Many teachers maintain that preschooling is the best way to prepare children for study ,but there is no real agreement ,however, about ____ this preparation can be achieved. A. what B. which C. who D. how 39.Never_____ his beard（胡子） if his school team fails to achieve a 50%+ win rate. A. John shaves B. will John shave C. is John shaved D. was John shaved 40. The former Hollywood superstar Greta Garbo announced to retire as she was tired of being made by the press and fans _____ as if living in a golden tank. A. feeling B. to feel C. to be feeling D. felt Section A25~29 AACCB 30~34 CBACB 35~40 CDCDBB