高中英语语法练习 一：句子成分；简单句、并列句和复合句 练习一 一、指出下列句子划线部分是什么句子成分： 1. The students got on the school bus. 2. He handed me the newspaper. 3. I shall answer your question after class. 4. What a beautiful Chi
nese painting! 5. They went hunting together early in the morning. 6. His job is to train swimmers. 7. He took many photos of the palaces in Beijing. 8. There is going to be an American film tonight. 9. He is to leave for Shanghai tomorrow. 10. His wish is to become a scientist. 11. He managed to finish the work in time. 12. Tom came to ask me for advice. 13. He found it important to master English. 14. Do you have anything else to say? 15. To be honest; your pronunciation is not so good. 16. Would you please tell me your address? 17. He sat there, reading a newspaper. 18. It is our duty to keep our classroom clean and tidy. 19. He noticed a man enter the room.
20. The apples tasted sweet.
二、 用符号划出下列短文各句中的主语 （—） 谓语 、 （＝） 宾语 、 （～） ： I hope you are very well. I'm fine, but tired. Right now it is the summer vacation and I'm helping my Dad on the farm. August is the hottest month here. It is the time of year for the rice harvest, so every day I work from dawn until dark. Sometimes we go on working after dark by the lights of our tractors. We grow rice in the south of the States, but in the north where it is colder they grow wheat. We have a lot of machines on the farm. Although the farm is large, my Dad has only two men working for him. But he employs more men for the harvest. My brother takes care of the vegetable garden. It doesn't often rain in the summer here. As a result, we have to water the vegetable garden. Every evening we pump water from a well. It then runs along channels to different parts of the garden.
三、 用符号划出下列短文各句中的定语 （—） 状语 、 （＝） 补语 、 （～） ： Most Saturday evenings there is a party, even at harvest time. These parties often make us very happy. We cook meat on an open fire outside. It's great! Americans eat a lot of meat — too much in my opinion. Some of my friends drink beer. I don't, because I have to drive home after the party. In your letter you asked about the time in different areas of the
States. There are five different time areas in the States. In my state we are fourteen hours behind Beijing time. How many different time areas do you have in China? Well, I must stop and get some sleep. Please give my best regards to your parents.
四、选择填空： ( )1. ____ will leave for Beijing. A. Now there the man C. The man who is here now ( ) 2. The weather ____. A. wet and cold B. is wet and cold C. not wet and cold B. The man here now D. The man is here now
D. were wet and cold ( ) 3. The apple tasted ____. A. sweets ( B. sweetly C. nicely D. sweet
) 4. He got up ____ yesterday morning. A. lately D. latter B. late C. latest
)5. The actor ______at the age of 70. A. dead B. died C. dyed D. deaded
)6. ____ were all very tired, but none of ____ would stop to take a
A. We, us
B. Us, we
C. We, our
we ( )7. He found the street much ______. A. crowd crowdedly ( ) 8.I think _____necessary to learn English well. A. its is ( ) 9. The dog ____ mad. A. looks was looked ( )10.I will never forget the day ______ I joined the army. A. that where B. when C. in which D. B. is looked C. is being looked D. B. it C. that D. that B. crowding C. crowded D.
练习二 一、判断下列句子是简单句、并列句还是复合句： 1. We often study Chinese history on Friday afternoon. 2. The boy who offered me his seat is called Tom. 3. There is a chair in this room, isn’t there? 4. My brother and I go to school at half past seven in the morning and come back home at seven in the evening. 5. He is in Class One and I am in Class Two. 6. He was fond of drawing when he was yet a child. 7. Neither has he changed his mind, nor will he do so. 8. What he said at the meeting is very important, isn’t it? 9. The farmer is showing the boy how to plant a tree. 10. Both Tom and Jack enjoy country music. 二、判断下列短文中各句是简单句、并列句还是复合句： I hope you are very well（ ）. I'm fine, but tired（ ） . Right now it is the summer vacation and I'm helping my Dad on the farm （ ）. August is the hottest month here（ ）. It is the time of
year for the rice harvest, so every day I work from dawn until dark.（ ）Sometimes we go on working after dark by the lights of our tractors （ ）We grow rice in the south of the States, but in the north where it . is colder they grow wheat（ ）. We have a lot of machines on the farm（ ）. Although the farm is large, my Dad has only two men working for him（ ）. But he employs more men for the harvest（ ）. My brother takes care of the vegetable garden（ ）. It doesn't often rain in the summer here（ ）. As a result, we have to water the vegetable garden（ ）. Every evening we pump water from a well （ ）. It then runs along channels to different parts of the garden（ ）. Most Saturday evenings there is a party, even at harvest time（ ）. These parties often make us very happy（ ）. We cook meat on an open fire outside（ ）. It's great（ ） Americans eat a lot of ! meat — too much in my opinion（ ）. Some of my friends drink beer（ ）. I don't, because I have to drive home after the party（ ）. In your letter you asked about the time in different areas of the States（ ）. There are five different time areas in the States（ ）. In my state we are fourteen hours behind Beijing time（ ）. How many different time areas do you have in China（ ） ? Well, I must stop and get some sleep（ ）. Please give my best regards to your parents（ ）. 三、选择填空： 1. Give me one more minute ____ I’ll be able to finish it. A. and B. or C. if D. so 2. It’s the third time that John has been late, ____? A. hasn’t he B. isn’t he C. isn’t it D. hasn’t it 3. ____ joyful he was to meet his brother again! A. How B. What C. What a D. What an 4. Let us pass, ____? A. shan’t we B. shall we C. won’t we D. will you 5. I suppose he’s serious, ____ ? A. do I B. don’t I C. is he D. isn’t he 6. You had better not smoke here, ____? A. will you B. had you C. shall you D. have you 7. Train as hard as you can ____ you’ll win the swimming competition. A. then B. but C. and D. or 8. I’m sorry to have to say this, ____ you forgot to turn off the lights when you left the room last night. A. and B. but C. so D. because 9. John has not yet passed the driving test, and ____. A. Henry hasn’t too B. Henry also has not either C. neither Henry has D. neither has Henry
10. There are many sports lovers in his office. Some love climbing, ____ others enjoy swimming. A. or B. for C. while D. so 11. ---- Do you feel like going out ____ would you rather have dinner at home? ---- I’d like to go out. A. or B. and C. but D. so 12. ---- “____ is the temperature today?” ----“It’s 38 degrees.” A. Which B. How C. How hot D. How high 13. ---- Your uncle isn’t an engineer, is he? ---- ____. A. Yes, he isn’t B. No, he isn’t C. No, he is D. He is 14. ____ friendly ____ to everyone! A. How, is she B. What, is she C. How, she is D. What, she is 15. Mary went to bed early, ____ she felt very tired. A. or B. so C. for D. yet 16. Mother ____ a dress when she cut her finger. A. was making B. makes C. is making D. made 17. He lay in bed ____ read something borrowed from library. A. but B. and C. or D. yet 18. ---- I’d really like some lunch but I have so much work to do. ---- ____ what you want and I can get it for you. A. Tell me B. If you would say to me C. You will tell me D. If you tell me 19. As he is strong, ____ can lift one hundred pounds. A. yet he B. but he C. and D. he 20. ---- I thought you had an umbrella. ---- I had, ____ I’ve lost it. A. since B. but C. because D. so 21. ____ down the radio ---- the baby’s asleep in the next room. A. Turning B. To turn C. Turned D. Turn 22. ---- I don’t like chicken ____ fish. ---- I don’t like chicken ____ I like fish very much. A. and, and B. and, but C. or, and D. or, but 23. ---- Would you like to come to dinner tonight? ---- I’d like to, ____ I’m too busy. A. and B. so C. as D. but 24. Would you like a cup of coffee ____ shall we get down to business right away? A. and B. then C. or D. otherwise 25. She set out soon after dark ____ home an hour later. A. arriving B. to arrive C. having arrived D. and arrived 26. “Can’t you read?” Mary said ____ to the notice.
A. angrily pointing B. and point angrily C. angrily pointed D. and angrily pointed 27. She thought I was talking about her daughter, ____, in fact, I was talking about my daughter. A. whom B. where C. which D. while 28. ____ it with me and I’ll see what I can do. A. When left B. Leaving C. If you leave D. Leave 29. ---- Alice, you feed the bird today, ____? ---- But I fed it yesterday. A. do you B. will you C. didn’t you D. don’t you 30. ____ him and then try to copy what he does. A. Mind B. Glance at C. Stare at D. Watch 四、按要求完成下列句子： 1. He dares to tell the truth.（改为否定句） 2. They have lived here for more than ten years.（对画线部分提问） 3. There will be a sports meet at the end of this month, ____________? （完成反意疑问） 4. You must be careful with your pronunciation.（改为祈使句） 5. They went for a walk after supper yesterday evening.(改为一般疑问 句) 6. It is an interesting story.（改为感叹句） 7. This magazine comes out（出版）every other week.（对画线部分提 问） 8. They could hardly believe his words, ____________? （完成反意疑问） 9. The moon is shining brightly.（改为感叹句） 10.Our English teacher is always encouraging us to speak English in class. （对画线部分提问）
二：主谓一致 1.I, who____ your friend, will try my best to help you
with your English. A.am B.is C.are D.be 2. The rich ____ not always happy. A.are B.is C.has D.have 3. Neither Tom nor Jack and I ____ his students. A.are B.am C.is D.was 4. Mary as well as her sisters ____ Chinese in China. A. are studying B. have studied C. studies D. study 5. Neither my father nor I ____ at home. A.am B.is C.are D.be 6. Not only my brother but also I ____ good at painting. Both of us ____ good painters., A.are;are B.am;am C.ani;are D.is;is 7. Every' boy and every girl ____ to attend the evening party. A.wish B.wishes C.is like D.like 8. Over 80 percent of the population of China ____ peasants. A.was B.is C. would be D.are 9. The population of China ____ larger than that of .any other country in the world. A.is B.are C.has D.have 10. Every means ____ tried but without any result. A. have been B.is to be C.are to be D. has been 11. Alice, together with two boys,____ for having broken the rule. A. was punished B. punished C. were punished D. being punished 12. The League secretary and the monitor____ asked to attend the .meeting this afternoon. A.is B.was C.are D.is being
13. The great writer and professor____. A. is an old man B. are both old men C. is an old man and a young man D. were two Chinese 14. There ____ a pen, two pencils and three books on the desk. A.are B.is C.has D.have 15. A large number of students in our class____ girls. A. are B. was C. is D. be 16. The number of deer, mountain lions and wild roses ____ much if people leave things as they are. A. doesn' t change B.don't change C.change D.changed 17. The Arabian Nights ____ well known to the English. A. is B. are C. was D. were 18. Chairman Mao' s works ____ published. A. has been B.have been C.was D.is 19. A chemical works____ built there. A. is to being B.have been C. were to D.has been 20. The Olympic Games ____ held every ____ years. A.is;four B.are;four C.is;five D.are;five 21 .The United States of America one of the most developed countries in the world. A.is B.are C.was D.were 22.He is the only one of die students who ____ elected. A. are B.have C.has D.is 23.Theis is one of the most interesting questions that ____ asked. A.have B.has C. have been D.has been 24.Many a man ____ come to help us. A.have B.has C.is D.are 25."All____ present and all____ going on well," our monitor said.
A.is;is B.are;are C.are;is D.is;are 26. The police ____ the murderer everywhere when he suddenly appeared in a theatre. A. is searching for B. were searching for C. are searching for D. were searching 27.Your trousers____ dirty.You must have____ washed. A.is;il B.are;it C.are;them D.is;them 28.This pair of trouseis ____ too long for him. A.is B.be C.are D.were 29. One and a half bananas ____ left on the table. A.is B.are C.has D.have 30. Eight times eight ____ sixty - four. A.is B.are C.get D.equal 31 .Ten minutes____ an hour when one is waiting for a phone call. A.seems B.seem C.seemed D.seemes 32.____of the money____ nm out. A. Three-fifth; has B. Three-fifth; has been C. Three-fifths; has D. Three-fifths; have 33. The whole class ____ the teacher attentively. A. are listening to B. is listening to C.are listening D. is listening 34.1 have finished a large part of the book, the rest of which___ more difficult. A.is B.are C.was D.were 35. Between the two rows of trees ____ the teaching building. A.stand B.stands C. standing D.are 36. Large quantities of water ____ for irrigation. A. is needed B. has -needed C. are needed D. need 37. That they were wrong in these matters ____ now clear to us all. A. is B.was C.are
- 10 -
D.all 38.What we need____ good textbooks. A.is B.are C.have D.has 39. What you said just now____ the matter we are discussing. A.have something to at B. has something to do with C.had something to do with D.has been something to do with 40. More than one member ____ against the plan. A. is B.are C.has D.have 41. When and where to build the new factory ____ yet. A. has not decided B. is not decided C. are not decided D. have not decided 42. Half of the fruit ____ bad. A. are B. has C. is D. have 43. ____ either of your parents come to see you recently? A. Have B. Had C. Has D. Is 44. Mathematics ____ the language of science. A. are B. are going to be C. is D. is to be 45. My family ____ small. A. is B. were C. are D. makes 46. The following ____ some other examples. A. are B. is C. was D. were 47. They both have some friends; but his ____ more active. A. is B. will be C. was D. are 48. Both rice and wheat ____ grown in that country. A. is B. are C. was D. has 49. Early to bed and early to rise ____ a good habit. A. are B. is C. were D. was 50. To play basketball and to go swimming ____ useful for character-training. A. was B. is C. are D. were 51. Either he or I ____ to attend the mass meeting this evening. A. is B. am C. are D. be
- 11 -
52. ____ either he or I to attend the mass meeting this evening. A. is B. am C. are D. be 53. An iron and steel works, with some satellite factories, ____ to be built here. A. are B. were C. is D. will 54. She as well as her brother ____ a League member. A. are B. were C. will D. is 55. His family ____ a big one. Now the family ____ watching TV. A. is, are B. are, is C. is, is D. are, are 56. It is I who ____ going to attend the meeting tomorrow. A. is B. am C. are D. be 57. More than 60% of the students ____ the countryside. A. is B. are C. is from D. are from 58. Many a man ____ the novel. A. has read B. have read C. is read D. are read 59. Tom is the only one of the students who ____ going to swim this afternoon. A. is B. was C. are D. were 60. Here ____ a pen, a few pencils and some paper for you. A. are B. is C. was D. were
三：名词性从句 一、判断下列各句哪句含有名词性从句，并指出是什么从句： 1. China is no longer what it used to be. 2. The truth that the earth turn around the sun is known to all. 3. It was snowing when he arrived at the station. 4. How he persuaded the manager to change the plan is interesting to us all. 5. The news that they had won the game soon spread over the whole school. 6. The news that you told me yesterday was really disappointing. 7. That is where Lu Xun used to live. 8. He spoke as if he understood what he was talking about. 9. Do you remember the teacher who taught us English at middle school? 10. I wonder why she refused my invitation. 二、用适当的连词填空： 1. I can’t decide ____________ dictionary I should buy.
- 12 -
2. That’s ____________ he refused my invitation. 3. I am very interested in ____________ he has improved his pronunciation in such a short time. 4. ____________ we need is more time. 5. The fact ____________ she had not said anything at the meeting surprised everybody. 6. ____________ and ____________ they will meet has not been decided yet. 7. Please tell me ____________ you are waiting for. 8. Is that ____________ you are looking for? 9. Would you please tell me ____________ the nearest post office is? 10. I don’t know ____________ he will agree to the plan or not. 三、选择填空： 1. Do you see _____ I mean? A. that B./ C. how D. what 2. Tell me_____ is on your mind. A. that B. what C. which D. why 3. We must stick to _____ we have agreed on. A. what B. that C. / D. how 4. Let me see _____. A. that can I repair the radio B. whether -I can repair the radio C. I can repair the radio D. whether can I repair the radio 5. Keep in mind _____. A. that the teacher said B. what did the teacher say C. that did the teacher say D. what the teacher said 6. Could you advise me _____? A. which book should I read first B. what book should I read first C. that book 1 should read first D. which book I should read first 7. He was criticized for _____. A. he had done it B. what he had done C. what had he done D. that he had done it 8. Would you kindly tell me _____? A. how can I get to the Beijing Railway Station B. how I can get to the Beijing Railway Station C. where can I get to the Beijing Railway Station D. whether can I get to the Beijing Railway Station 9. Mrs. Smith was very much impressed by _____. A. what had she seen in China B. that she had seen in China C. what she had seen in China D. which had she seen in China 10. We took it for granted ___ A. that they were not coming B. that were they not coming C. they were coming not D. were they not coining 11. I really don't know _____ A. I should do next B. what should I do next
- 13 -
C. what I should do next D. how I should do next 12. I'm afraid _____. A. the little girl will have to be operated on B. that will the little girl have to operate on C. the little girl will have to operate on D. that will the little girl have to be operated on 13. She walked up to _____ . A. where did I stand B. where I stood C. I stood there D. where I stood there 14. Can you tell me _____? A. who is that gentleman B. that gentleman is who C. who that gentleman is D. whom .is that gentleman 15. We'll give you _____. A. that do you need B. what do you need C. whatever you need D. whether do you need 16. They want us to know _____ to help us. A. what can they B. what they can C. how they can D. how can they 17. We must put _____ into practice. A. what we have learned B. that we have learned C. that have we learned D. what have we learned 18. Did she say anything about _____? A. that the work was to be done B. how was the work to be done C. that was the work to be done D. how the work was to be done 19. He was never satisfied with _____. A. what she had achieved B. had what she achieved C. she had achieved D. that she achieved 20. These photographs will show you _____. A. what does our village look like B. what our village looks like C. how does our village look like D. how our village looks like 21. Peter insisted _____ he pay the bill. A. on that B. what C. that D. on which 22. They urged _____ the library open during the vacation. A. when B. where C. why D. that 23. We wish we could have learned _____ when we were at high school. A. what you did B. that you had done C. that what you did D. what did you do 24.1 will describe to you _____ I saw when there. A. what B. that C. which D./ 25. From _____ I should say he is a good worker. A. what 1 know of him B. that I do know of him C. what do I know of him D. that do I know of him 26. I will give this dictionary to __ wants to have it.
- 14 -
A. whomever B. anyone C. whoever D. someone 27._____ they will come here hasn' t been decided yet. A. What B. That C. When D. Where 28. _____ was said here must be kept secret. A. Who B. The thing C. Whatever D. Where 29. It is still a question _____ we shall have our sports meet. A. if B. that C. what D. when 30. I'm going anyway. _____ she will go is up to her to decide. A. If or not B. Whether or not C. If D. That 31. It is strange _____ she have left without saying a word. A. that B. what C. why D. how 32. It is very clear _____ our policy is a correct one. A. what B. that C. why D. where 33. _____ Mr Zhang said is quite right. A. That B. When C. What D. Whether 34. It has been decided _____ he will be sent there. A. if B. whether C. why D. that 35. It doesn' t matter _____he' s come back or not. A. if B. whether C. that D. when 36. It's a great pity _____ we won’t be able to finish the task on time. A. when B. that C. why D. where 37. It happened _____ I wasn't there that day. A. when B. why C. where D. that 38._____ you have done might do harm to other people. A. What B. That C. Which D. The things 39. _____ leaves the room last ought to turn oft the lights. A. Anyone B. The person C. Whoever D.Who 40._____ the 2000 Olympic Games won't be held in Beijing is known to all. A. Whether B. If C. Whenever D. That 41. _____ fails to see this will make a big mistake. A. That B. Whoever C. Whether D. Whether or not 42. __ we need more equipment is quite obvious. A. What B. Whether C. That D. Whatever 43. Has it been announced _____? A. when are the planes to take off B. that are the planes to take off C. where are the planes to take off D. when the planes are to take off 44. That is _____ we all support his idea. A. what B. why C. where D. when
- 15 -
45. That’s _____ we should do. A. that B. what C. how D. why 46. _____ is troubling me is _____ I don’t understand _____ he said A. What; that; what B. What; what; what C. That; that; what D. Why; that; which 47. Things were not _____ they seemed to be. A. when B. why C. that D. what 48. That’s _____ I want to say. A. all what B. what C. all which D. what that 49. That’s _____ . A. where our differences lie B. our differences lie there C. where do our differences lie D. that where our differences lie 50. That is _____ . A. where lived he there B. where did he live C. where he lived D. that where he lived 51. The questions is _____. A. whether is it worth doing B. that if it is worth doing C. whether it is worth doing D. if it is worth doing 52. Water will continue to be _____ it is today next in importance to oxygen. A. how B. which C. what D. as 53. That's_____. A. how did I become a teacher B. how I became a teacher C. how a teacher I became D. that I became a teacher 54. They are just _____. A. that what shall I have B. what shall I have C. that I shall have what D. what I shall have 55. It looked ____. A. as if it was going to rain B. that as if it was going to rain C. as if was it going to rain D. as if that it was going to rain 56. That's_____. A. how she did it B. that how did she do it. C. how did she do it D. what she did it 57. That is _____ we decided to put the discussion off. A. where B. which C. that D. why 58. That’s _____ I lived when I was ten years old. A. where B. at which C. there where D. when 59. My suggestion is _____ we should send a few comrades to help them. A. if B. that C. when that D. that where 60. The idea _____ all people are selfish is wrong. A. what B. that C. why D. if 61. We heard the news _____ our team had won. A. that B. what C. whether D. why 62. The fact _____ he hadn’t said anything surprised us all.
- 16 -
A. why B. if C. that D. whether 63.I have no idea _____ she will be back. A. that B. where C. that when D. when 64. We must keep in mind the fact _____ China is still a developing country. A. whether B. that C. why D. when 65. They have no idea at all _____. A. where he has gone B. where did he go C. where has he gone D. which place he has gone
四 ：定 语 从 句 一、把下列每对句子合并成含有定语从句的主从复合句： 1. The fan is on the desk. You want it. 2. The man is in the next room. He brought our textbooks here yesterday. 3. The magazine is mine. He has taken it away. 4. The students will not pass the exam . They don’t study hard. 5. The woman is our geography teacher. You saw her in the park. 6. The letter is from my sister. I received it yesterday. 7. The play was wonderful. We saw it last night. 8. The train was late. It was going to Nanning. 9. The boy is my brother. He was here a minute ago. 10. The tree is quite tall. He is climbing it. 11. Here is the girl. Her brother works in this shop. 12. That’s the child. We were looking at his drawing just now. 13. This is the boy. His sister is a famous singer. 14. I want to talk to the boys. Their homework haven’t been handed in. 15. Is that the woman? Her daughter is in my class.
- 17 -
16. He used to live in a big house. In front of it grew many banana trees. 17. They passed a factory. At the back of the factory there were rice fields. 18. The soldier ran to the building. On the top of it flew a flag. 19. In the evening they arrived at a hill. At the foot of the hill there was a temple. 20. She came into a big room. In the middle of it stood a large table.
二、根据句子意思，在第一个空白处填入介词，在第二个填入关系代 词 whom 或 which: 1. The person ________ ________ I spoke just now is the manager that I told you about. 2. The pencil ________ ________ he was writing broke. 3. Wu Dong, ________ ________ I went to the concert, enjoyed it very much. 4. The two things ________ ________ Marx was not sure were the grammar and some of the idioms of English. 5. Her bag, ________ ________ she put all her books, has not been found. 6. The stories about the Long March, ________ ________ this is one example, are well written. 三、选择填空： 1. The man ____ visited our school yesterday is from London. A. who B. which C. whom D. when 2. The woman ____ is talking to my mother is a friend of hers. A. whose B. who C. whom D. which 3. Because of my poor memory, all ____ you told me has been forgotten. A. that B. which C. what D. as 4. Do you remember those days ____ we spent along the seashore very happily? A. when B. where C. which D. who 5. Tom did not take away the camera because it was just the same camera ____ he lost last week. A. which B. that C. whom D. as 6. Those ____ want to go please sign their names here. A. whom B. which C. who D. when 7. Where is the man ____ I met this morning?
- 18 -
A. when B. where C. which D. who 8. Who is the woman ____ is sweeping the floor over there? A. who B. / C. that D. when 9. The man ____ you talked just now is a worker. A. who B. whom C. to whom D. to who 10. The man ____ you are going to make friends is my father’s neighbour. A. with whom B. when C. to whom D. which 11. The doctor ____ is leaving for Africa next month. A. the nurse is talking to him B. whom the nurse is talking C. the nurse is talking to D. who the nurse is talking 12. The man ____ around our school is from America. A. which you showed B. you showed him C. you showed D. where you showed 13. He talked about a hero ____ no one had ever heard. A. of whom B. from whom C. about that D. who 14. In fact the Swede did not understand the three questions ____ were asked in French. A. where B. who C. in which D. which 15. Have you read the book ____ I lent to you? A. that B. whom C. when D. whose 16. Finally, the thief handed over everything ____ he had stolen to the police. A. that B. which C. whatever D. all 17. The foreign guests, ____ were government officials, were warmly welcomed at the airport. A. most of them B. most of that C. most of whom D. most of those 18. This is the very letter ____came last night. A. who B. which C. that D. as 19. I know only a little about this matter; you may ask ____ knows better than I. A. whoever B. whomever C. anyone D. the one 20. This is the school ____ we visited three days ago. A. where B. / C. when D. what 21. This is the factory ____ we worked a year ago. A. where B. that C. which D. on which 22. Nearby were two canoes ____ they had come to the island. A. which B. in which C. that D. / 23. Jack is pleased with ____ you have given him and all ____ you have told him. A. that, what B. what, that C. which, what D. that, which 24. Do you work near the building ____ colour is yellow? A. that B. which C. its D. whose
- 19 -
25. In the dark street, there wasn’t a single person ____ she could turn for help. A. whom B. who C. to whom D. form whom 26. Is this school ____ we visited three years ago? A. the one B. which C. that D. where 27. Is this the school ____ we visited three years ago? A. the one B. where C. in which D. / 28, How many students are there in your class ____ homes are in the country? A. whose B. who C. whom D. which 29. Alice received an invitation from her boss, ____ came as a surprise. A. it B. which C. that D. he 30. The train was crowded and I had to get into a carriage ____ already seven other people. A. when there were B. which there were C. that there were D. where there were 31. I live in the house ____ windows face south. A. which B. whose C. where D. in that 32. ---- What game is popular with them? ---- The ____ most is tennis. A. game they like it B. game they like C. best game they like D. best game they like it 33. They stayed with me three weeks, ____ they drank all the wine I had. A. which B. which time C. during which time D. during which 34. The room ____ Mr White lives is not very large. A. that B. which C. where D. when 35. Don’t forget the day ____ you were received into the Youth League. A. when B. that C. at which D. where 36. I’ve finished writing the novel, ____ is to be published next month. A. that B. what C. which D. when 37. He returned home safe and sound after a fierce battle, ____ was unexpected. A. which B. as C. that D. it 38. ____ we is known to all, English is not very difficult to learn. A. What B. As C. That D. Which 39. The old man had three sons, all of ____ died during World War Ⅱ. A. whose B. that C. whom D. who 40. I have bought two pens, ____ write well. A. none of which B. neither of which C. both of which D. all of which 41. Do you know the reason ____ she has changed her mind? A. why B. which C. for that D. of which 42. He failed in the exam, ____ proves that he wasn’t working hard
- 20 -
enough. A. which B. what C. it D. that 43. During the week ____ he tried to collect materials for his article. A. following B. followed C. to follow D. that followed 44. ____ was expected, he succeeded in the exam. A. It B. Which C. As D. That 45. He studied hard and later became a well-known writer, ____ his father expected. A. that was what B. what was that C. and which was D. which was what 46. We should read such books ____ will make us better and wiser. A. when B. as C. whose D. what 47. You must show my wife the same respect ____ you show me. A. when B. as C. whose D. what 48. He is absent ____ is often the case. A. what B. which C. who D. as 49. It is the first time ____ I have come to your city. A. that B. which C. what D. when 50. Who ____ has the same idea as it will do it in this way. A. who B. that C. whom D. which 51. I shall never forget those years ____ I lived in the country with the farmers, ____ has a great effect on my life. A. that, which B. when, which C. which, that D. when, who 52. This is the only book ____ I can find. A. that B. which C. it D. with which 53. I don’t like ____ you speak to her. A. the way B. the way in that C. the way which D. the way of which 54. That is one of those books that ____ worth reading. A. is B. are C. has D. have 55. This is the only one of the students whose handwriting ____ the best. A. is B. are C. has D. have 56. There was ____ to prevent the accident. A. something could do B. anything we could do C. nothing we couldn’t do D. nothing we could do
五：强调句、It 的用法、省略和插入语 练习一
- 21 -
1. My bike is missing. I can’t find ____ anywhere. A. one B. ones C. it D. that 2. ---- Who’s that? ---- ____ Professor Li. A. That’s B. It’s C. He’s D. This’s 3. ____ was Jane that I saw in the library this morning. A. It B. He C. She D. That 4. ---- Have you ever seen a whale alive? ---- Yes, I’ve seen ____. A. that B. it C. such D. one 5. The color of my coat is different from ____ of yours. A. this B. that C. it D. one 6. ____ will do you good to do some exercise every morning. A. It B. There C. Those D. You 7. We think ____ our duty to pay taxes to our government. A. that B. this C. its D. it 8. The climate of Shanghai is better than ____ of Nanjing. A. that B. it C. which D. what 9. ____ four years since I joined the Army. A. There was B. There is C. It was D. It is 10. How long ____ to finish the work? A. you’ll take B. you’ll take it C. will it take you D. will take you 11. It was through Xiao Li ____ I got to know Xiao Wang. A. who B. whom C. how D. that 12. It was in the rice fields ____ we had our league meeting. A. where B. that C. in which D. on which 13. It was on October 1st ____ new China was founded. A. which B. when C. as D. that 14. Was it because he was ill ____ he asked for leave? A. and B. that C. that’s D. so 15. Mary speaks in a low voice; ____ is difficult to know what she is saying. A. it B. that C. so D. she 16. It was ____ I met Mr Green in Shanghai. A. many years that B. many years before C. many years ago thatD. many years when 17. ____ is not everybody ____ can draw so well. A. It, all B. It, that C. There, who D. There, that 18. So ____ that no fish can live in it. A. shallow is the lake B. the lake is shallow C. shallow the lake is D. is the lake shallow
- 22 -
练习二 1. ---- Won’t you have another try? ---- ____. A. Yes, I will B. Yes, I won’t C. Yes, I will have D. Yes, I won’t have 2. ---- I won’t do it any more. ---- ____? A. Why don’t B. Why don’t do it any more C. Why not D. Why not do 3. ---- Do you think it will snow tomorrow? ---- ____. A. No, I don’t think B. I don’t think C. No, I don’t so D. I don’t think so 4. ---- Will he fail in the exam? ---- ____. A. Don’t hope to B. Let’s hope not C. Not hope so D. Let’s hope not to 5. ____ usual, I have forgotten something. A. As B. As it is C. It’s D. That is 6. ____ she a man, she might be elected president. A. If B. Unless C. Was D. Were 7. ____ I had time, I would have played it again. A. If B. Unless C. Had D. When 8. ____ it rain tomorrow, I’d stay at home. A. Should B. Would C. When D. If 9. I like sports and ____ my brother. A. so B. so does C. so is D. so likes 10. Francis, ____ born in Kentucky, lived and practised law in Missouri. A. was B. He was C. who is D. although 11. ---- Aren’t you the manager? ---- No, and I ____. A. don’t want B. don’t want to C. don’t want to be D. don’t 12. ---- Have you fed the dog? ---- No, but ____. A. I am B. I’m just going to C. I’m D. I’m just going 13. Your performance in the driving test didn’t reach the required standard（标准） — ____, you failed. A. in the end B. after all C. in other words D. at the same time 14. How long ____ she would stay here? A. did she say B. she said C. did D. / 15. ____ could do such thing? A. Whom do you think B. Who do you think C. Do you think whom D. Did you think who
- 23 -
练习三 1. John was ill. Have you heard about ____? A. this B. he C. it D. the one 2. Hurry up! ____ getting darker and darker. A. The sky is B. It’s C. Weather is D. Time is 3. It’s the third time ____ I have been here. A. that B. when C. after D. who 4. It was simply for that reason ____ I wouldn’t tell him the truth. A. why B. which C. so D. that 5. Was it in the place ____ the last emperor died? A. where B. that C. which D. in which 6. ____ is no difference between A and B. A. It B. Where C. There D. What 7. It ____ Mike and Mary who helped the old man several days ago. A. was B. were C. are D. had been 8. He said, “ ____ a long way to school. ____ a long way to go yet before we arrive.” A. It is, It is B. There is, There is C. There is, It is D. It is, There is 9. I don’t like ____ you speak to her. A. the way B. the way in that C. the way which D. the way of which 10. If you go to Xi’an, you’ll find the palaces there more magnificent than commonly ____. A. supposing B. suppose C. to suppose D. supposed 11. ____ is a fact that English is being accepted as an international language. A. There B. This C. That D. It 12. It was about 600 years ago ____ the first clock with a face and an hour hand was made. A. that B. until C. before D. when 13. It was not until 1920 ____ regular radio broadcast began. A. while B. which C. that D. since 14. ---- Do you mind my taking this seat? ---- ____. A. Yes, sit down please B. No, of course not C. Yes, take it please D. No, you can’t take it 15. ---- I’ll be away on a business trip. Would you mind looking after my cat? --- Not at all. ____. A. I’ve no time B. I’d rather not C. I’d like it D. I’d be happy to 16. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his mother told
- 24 -
him _____. A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to 17. It was not until she came to see us ____ her mother was ill in bed. A. when we knew B. that did we knew C. that we knew D. that did we know 18. ---- This store has such high prices. ---- I agree. Never again ____ here. A. I will shop B. will I shop C. I do shop D. shop I 19. ____ was his kindness that everyone praised him. A. It B. What C. So D. Such 20. ____, he would have passed the exam. A. If he were to study B. If he studied hard C. Had he studied hard D. Should he study hard 21. ---- David has made great progress recently. ---- ____, and ____. A. So he has, so have you B. So he has, so you have C. So has he, so have you D. So has he, so you have 22. No sooner ____ they rushed out into the street. A. did they hear the news than B. did they hear the news when C. had they heard the news than D. had they heard the news when 23. He was unable to make such progress, ____. A. hard as he tried B. as hard he tried C. hard he has tried D. tried hard as he
六：状语从句 一、用横线划出下列句子中的状语从句，并指出是哪种状语从句： 1. Child as she is, she knows a lot of things. 2. The more I can do for the class, the happier I’ll be. 3. He talks as if (as though) he knew all about it. 4. He is such a good teacher that the students love and respect him. 5.I shall go to the park unless it rains. 6. No sooner had I got home than it began to rain. 7. Where there is water, there is life. 8. He studied hard so that he could catch up with his classmates. 9. Since you are very busy, I won't trouble you.
- 25 -
10. Even if (though) I fail. I’ll never lose heart. 11. Once you begin the work, you must continue. 12. I will find her wherever she may be. 13. Now that you've come, you'd better have dinner with us. 14. He was so excited that he couldn't fall asleep. 15. We must do everything as he tells us. 16. India is much bigger than Japan. 17. No matter when you come, you are warmly welcome. 18. As (So) long as you work hard, you can catch up with the other classmates. 二、用适当的连词填空： 1. Dr. Bethune (白求恩) came to China __________ he was fifty. 2. He began to work __________ he got there. 3. Let's begin our meeting __________everyone is here. 4. I like the English people, __________ I don't like their food. 5. __________ you go in China, you can see smiling faces. 6. He didn't come to the lecture, __________ he was very busy. 7. __________we had enough time, we walked to the cinema. 8. They will help you __________ you meet with difficulty. 9. _________ we came to the university, we have learnt quite a lot. 10.I didn't join them yesterday evening __________ I had to go to an important meeting. 11. We would try to get a car __________we could all travel together more easily. 12. She wouldn't forget her mother's birthday __________ she seldom wrote to her family. 13. We're doing everything we can to make things as easy for you ___________we can. 14. The meeting became so disorderly __________ the speaker had to shout the audience down. 15. He was angrier __________ ever before. 16. __________ you lock all the doors, he can still manage to get in. 17. The boy was so tired __________ he fell asleep on the bus.
- 26 -
18. Hard _________ he tried, he couldn’t force the door open. 三、选择填空： 1. I’ll let you know ____ he comes back. A. before B. because C. as soon as D. although 2. She will sing a song ____ she is asked. A. if B. unless C. for D. since 3. We will work ____ we are needed. A. whenever B. because C. since D. wherever 4. Read it aloud _____ the class can hear you. A. so that B. if C. when D. although 5._____ you go, don't forget your people. A. Whenever B. However C. Wherever D. Whichever 6. It is about ten years _____ I met you last. A. since B. for C. when D. as 7. They will never succeed, _____ hard they try. A. because B. however C. when D. since 8. _____ still half drunk, he made his way home. A. When B. Because C. Though D. As 9. _____ she was very tired, she went on working. A. As B. Although C. Even D. In spite of 10. Busy _____ he was, he tried his best to help you. A. as B. when C. since D. for 11. I learned a little Russian _____ I was at middle school. A. though B. although C. as if D. when 12. _____ we got to the station, the train had left already. A. If B. Unless C. Since D. When 13. _____ the rain stops, we' 11 set off for the station. A. Before B. Unless C. As soon as D. Though 14. She was _____ tired _____ she could not move an inch. A. so, that B. such, that C. very, that D. so, as 15. We didn’t go home _____ we finished the work.
- 27 -
A. since B. until C. because D. though 16. I'll stay here _____ everyone else comes back. A. even if B. as though C. because D. until 17. Although it's raining, _____ are still working in the field. A. they B. but they C. and they D. so they 18. Speak to him slowly _____ he may understand you better. A. since B. so that C. for D. because 19. You'll miss the train ______ you hurry up. A. unless B. as C. if D. until 20. When you read the book, you' d better make a mark _____ you have any questions. A. at which B. at where C. the place D. where 21. We'd better hurry ______ it is getting dark. A. and B. but C. as D. unless 22. I didn' t manage to do it _____ you had explained how. A. until B. unless C. when D. before 23._____ he comes, we won't be able to go. A. Without B. Unless C. Except D. Even 24. I hurried _____ I wouldn't be late for class. A. since B. so that C. as if D. unless 25. _____ I catch a cold, I have pain in my back. A. Every time B. Though C. Even D. Where 26. What's the matter _____ they still haven't answered the telegram? A. when B. that C. though D. however 27. Bring it nearer _____ I may see it better. A. although B. even though C. so that D. since 28. You may arrive in Beijing early _____ you mind taking the night train. A. that B. though C. unless D. if 29. Helen listened carefully _____ she might discover exactly what she needed. A. in that B. in order that C. in case D. even though
- 28 -
30. More people will eat out in restaurants _____ they do today. A. than B. when C. while D. as 31._____ hard she tries, she can hardly avoid making mistakes in her homework. A. Much B. However C. As D. Although 32. Poor _____ it may be, there is no place like home, _____ you may go. A. as; wherever B. though; whenever C. in spite of; when D. that; wherever 33. The child was __ immediately after supper. A. enough tired to go to bed B. too tired to go to bed C. so tired that he went to bed D. very tired, he went to bed 34. The history of nursing __ the history of man. A. as old as B. is old than C. that is as old as D. is as old as 35. _____ born in Chicago, the author was famous for his stories about New York. A. Since B. Once C. When D. Although 36._____ we stood at the top of the building, the people below were hardly visible. A. As B. Although C. Unless D. In spite of 37. Scarcely was George Washington in his teens _____ his father died. A. than B. as C. while D. when 38. _____ David goes, he is welcome. A. Whichever B. However C. Wherever D. Whatever 39. The house stood _____ there had been a rock. A. which B. at which C. when D. where 40. Small _____ it is, the pen is a most useful tool. A. because B. so C. if D. as 41. After the new technique was introduced, the factory produced _____ tractors in 1988 as the year before. A. as twice many B. as many twice C. twice as many D. twice many as
- 29 -
42. The piano in the other shop will be _____, but _____. A. cheaper; not as better B. more cheap; not as better C. cheaper; not as good D. more cheap; not as good 43. John plays football _____, if not better than, David. A. as well B. as well as C. so well D. so well as 44. Although he is considered a great writer, A. his works are not widely read B. but his works are not widely read C. however his works are not widely read D. still his works are not widely read 45. ___ the day went on, the weather got worse. A. With B. Since C. While D. As 46.—What was the party like? —Wonderful. It' s years _____ I enjoyed myself so much. A. after B. when C. before D. since 47. It was not _____ she took off her dark glasses _____ I realized she was a famous film star. A. when; that B. until; that C. until; when D. when; then 48. If we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty, _____ great it is. A. what B. how C. however D. whatever 49. After the war, a new school building was put up _____ there had once been a theatre. A. that B. where C. which D. when 50._____, Mother will wait for him to have dinner together. A. However late is he B. However he is late C. However is he late D. However late he is 51. He will come to call on you the moment he ____ his painting. A. will finish B. finished C. has finished D. had finished 52. ____ difficult the task may be, we will try our best to complete it in time. A. No matter B. No wonder C. Though D. However
- 30 -
53. It was ____ that she couldn’t finish it by herself. A. so difficult a work B. such a difficult work C. so difficult work D. such difficult work
七：倒装句 1. Not until I began to work ____ how much time I had wasted. A. didn’t I realize B. did I realize C. I didn’t realize D. I realized 2. Only by practising a few hours every day ____ be able to master the language. A. you can B. can you C. you will D. will you 3. If you don’t go, neither ____. A. shall I B. do I C. I do D. I shall 4. No sooner ____ to the station ____ the train left. A. had I got, when B. I had got, than C. had I got, than D. did I get, when 5. ---- Your father is very strict with you. ---- ____. He never lets off a single mistake of ours A. So he is B. So is he C. He is so D. So does he 6. ____ today, he would get there by Sunday. A. Would he leave B. Was he leaving C. Were he to leave D. If he leave 7. Never in my life ____ such a thing. A. I have heard or have seen B. have I heard or seen C. I have heard or seen D. did I hear or see 8. ---- Here ____! Where is Xiao Liu? ---- There ____. A. comes the bus, is he B. comes the bus, he is C. the bus comes, is he D. the bus comes, he is 9. ____ , I will not buy it. A. Much as do I like it B. As much I like it C. Much as I like it D. As I like it much 10. ---- I like football. I don’t like volleyball. ---- ____. A. So do I B. Neither do I C. So it is with me D. So is it with me 11._____ the expense, I _____ to Italy. A. If it were not, go B. Were it not for, would go C. Weren't it for, will go D. If it hadn t been, would have gone 12. So _____ in the darkness that he didn' t dare to move an inch. A. he was frightened B. was he frightened C. frightened he was D. frightened was he 13.—In modem times, girls like beautiful clothes.
- 31 -
—Yes, _____ and boys. After all, our life has greatly improved. A. so do they; so do you B. so they do; so you do C. so do they; so you do D. so they do; so do you 14.—You have an English class every day except Sunday. --- _____. A. So we have B. So we do C. So have we D. So do we 15.1 wonder if your wife will go to the ball. If your wife _____, so _____ mine. A. does; will B.will; does C.will; would D.does; do 16. Only after I read the text over again _____ its main idea. A. that I knew B.did I knew C. 1 could know D. I did know 17.—You seem to have learned all the English words by heart. A.Sol do B.Sodol C. So I have D. So have 1 18. —I seldom watch TV, but listen to the radio a lot. A. So do I B. Neither do I C. I m the same D. So it is with me 19. So excited _____ that he couldn't say a word. A. he seemed B. did he seem C. was he seeming D. he did look 20. Jimmy was so nervous not a single word _____ down in the dictation. A. he wrote B. he was written C. did he write D. was he written 21. Little ______ when 1 took the trip where it would lead me. A. have I known B. had I known C. do 1 know D. did I know 22. —Have you ever seen anything like that before? — ____. A. No, I never have seen anything like that before B. No, never I have seen anything like that before C. No, never have 1 seen anything like that before D. No, I have seen anything like that before never 23. _____ , 1 would accept the invitation and go to the party. A. Were I you B. Was I you C. Had I been you D. Would 1 be you 24. You should work less _____. A. and neither should I B. and so should I C. and nor should I D. and so I should 25. _____ and caught the mouse. A. Up the cat jumped B. The cat up jumped C. Up jumped the cat D. Jumped up the cat 26. Not only _____ a promise, but also he kept it. A. did he make B. he made C. does he make D. has he made 27. His uncle is a worker and has been working in the factory for more than ten years. _____. A. So is his aunt B. So has his aunt C. So his aunt does D.
- 32 -
So it is with his aunt 28. Not once _____ their plan. A. did they change B. they changed C. changed they D. they did change 29.—Do you know Jim quarreled with his brother? —I don't know, and ______ . A. nor don't I care B. nor do I care C. I don't care neither D. I don't care also 30. Not until he arrived home _____ he find that this wallet had been stolen. A. did B. would C. when D. that 31. —This is one of the oldest trees in the world. — _____ such a big tree. A. Never I have seen B. I haven't never seen C. Never have I seen D. I have seen never 32. Nowhere else in the world _____ cheaper tailoring （裁缝业, 成衣业） than in Hong Kong. A. a tourist can find B. can a tourist find C. a tourist will find D. a tourist has found 33. _____ succeed in doing anything. A. Only by working hard we can B. By only working hard we can C. Only we can by working hard D. Only by working hard can we 34. _____ that we all went out, lying in the sun. A. So fine was the weather B. So was the fine weather C. The weather was so fine was D. So the weather was tine 35. ____ a nice man ____ that we all believe him. A. So; did he seem B. So; he seemed C. Such; he seemed D. Such; did he seem 36. —You seem to be an actor. —_____. I have played many parts in a lot of films. A. So do I B. So am I C. So I do D. So I am 37. Not only ____ working hard, but also ____ very polite. A. the boy is; he is B. is the boy; he is C. the boy is; is he D. is the boy; is he 38. _____ , he never seems able to do the work beautifully. A. Try as he does B. As he tries C. Try as does he D. As try he does 39.—I cannot see the picture well from here. — _____. A. Neither can t I B. Neither I can C. I can't neither D. Neither can I 40.— You ought to have given them some advice — _____, but who cared what I asked? A. So ought you B. So 1 ought C. So it was D. So I did 41. So carelessly _____ that he almost killed himself. A. he drives B. does he drive C. did he drive D. he drove 42. Little _____ about his own health though he was very ill. A. he cared B. did he care C. he cares D. does he care
- 33 -
43. Well ____ know him and well ____ know me. A. I did; he did B. did I; he did C. did I; did he D. I did; did he 44. No sooner ____ they rushed out into the street. A. did they hear the news than B. did they hear the news when C. had they heard the news than D. had they heard the news when 45. Little wonder _____ up their hands in dismay. A. have some thrown B. some have thrown C. thrown some have D. have thrown some 46. _____ , he would have passed the exam. A. If he were to study B. If he studied hard C. Had he studied hard D. Should he study hard 47. We were lucky enough, for no sooner _____ home _____ it rained. A. we returned; and B. we had returned; when C.did we return; when D. had we returned; than 48. So little _____ agree on the plan that they could not settle their difference. A. did they B. do they C. they did D. they did not 49. _____ he realized it was too late to return home. A. No sooner it grew dark than B. Hardly did it grow dark when C. It was not until dark that D. It was until dark that
八：动词时态和语态 1. When I saw Mary, she ______ on the piano. A. is playing B. plays C. was playing D. played
2. She ______ the door before she goes away. A. had locked locking. 3. A hunter is a man who ______ animals. A. catch B. catches
- 34 -
B. is locking
C. has locked.
C. will catch
catching 4. What _____ if I drink this? A. happens happened 5. I will visit you if Father ______ me. A. let B. lets C. is letting D. will let B. is happening C. will happen D. is
6. Look out! That tree _____ fall down. A. is going to B. will be C. shall D. would
7. My uncle _____ to see me. He'll be here soon. A. comes B. is coming C. had come D. came
8. They can't leave until they _____ their work. A. did B. are doing C. have done D. has done
9. "Has he seen this film?" A. saw
" Yes. He ______ it several days ago. " C. had seen D. was seeing
B. has seen
10. Now Mike isn't here. He ______ Mr Green's. Perhaps he ______ back in a few minutes. A. went to; is coming C. has been to; will be B. has gone to; will come D. is going to; has come
11. That day he ._______ his clothes before he came to see me. A. has washed washed 12. I haven't finished my composition.
- 35 -
C. had been washing
I ______ for two hours
and a half. A. have written it C. wrote it B. have been writing it D. am writting it
13. I will take my daughter with me when I _____ ShangHai, A. go to gone to 14. This bright girl ______ the truth in front of the enemy. A. didn't say didn't tell 15. The bridge which ______ last year looks really beautiful. A. was built built 16. " When ______ school begin?" A. has B. does " Next Monday. " C. did D. is going to B. built C. was set up D. had been B. couldn't speak to C. said D. B. will go to C. have been to D. have
17. I will ______ here till you give me some money. A. leave B. not leave C. come D. return
18. I _____ here since I moved here. A. will work working 19. Every time I _____ there, I will buy him something nice. A. went B. will go C. go D. have gone B. worked C. work D. have been
20. It was said that his father ______.
- 36 -
A. has died
C. has been dead D. had died
21. We won't go unless you ______ soon. A. had come B. came C. will come D. come
22._____six years since I began studying English. A. They have been B. it is C. It was D. There are
23. They ______ the Summer Palace three times. A. have gone to into 24. "How long haven't we seen each other? ""Well, it _____ nearly two years since we ______ last. " A. is/have met met 25. "Have you seen the art exhibition?" "No, _____ there. " A. it was not being held C. it had not held 26. Don't get off the bus until it ______. A. stop stopped 27. "Where ______ the recorder? I can't see it anywhere." "I _____ it right here. But now it's gone. " A. did you put/have put C. had you put/was putting
- 37 -
B. have been to
C. have been in
D. have gone
B. was/had met
D. has been/had
B. they didn't hold D. they were holding it
B. will stop
B. have you put/put D. were you putting/have put
28. They asked me to have a drink with them. I said that it was 10 years since I ______ a good drink. A. had enjoyed had been enjoying 29. Don't come tonight. I would rather you _____ tomorrow. A. come B. came C. will come D. coming B. was enjoying C. enjoyed D.
30. ______ you ______? A. Do/marry D. Are/married 31. When he ______ all the newspapers, he'll go home. A. sells sold 32. "This cloth _____well and _____ long. ""Ok. I'll take it. " A. washes/lasts D. is washing/lasting 33. "Hurry up, you ______ on the phone. " "Oh, I'm coming. Thank you. " A. are wanted wanting 34. I ______ see you, but I didn't, for I had no time. A. had wanted to B. has wanted to C. wanted D. was wanted B. are being wanted C. want D. are B. is washed/lasted C. washes/is lasted B. has sold C. will have sold D. will be B. Have/married C. Have/been married
35. I ______ in Guang Zhou for six years by this October.
- 38 -
A. have lived lived
B. was living
C. will be living
D. shall have
36. By this time next year he ______ from the college. A. will be graduating C. will have graduated B. should be graduating D. is graduating
37. Our teacher told us that the earth _____ from west to east. A. turns B. turn C. has turned D. had turned
38. My brother _____ while he _____ his bicycle and hurt himself. A. fell/was riding C. had fallen/rode B. fell/were riding D. had fallen/was riding
39. Bill said he ____ twenty-one the next year. A. was going to be was to be 40. It is high time you _____ in bed now. A. are B. were C. will be D. would be B. was about to be C. could be D.
41. After a while an agreement _____. A. was arrived at B. was arrived in C. was arrived arrived 42. The air liner from Beijing _____ at 3:00 p.m. A. is about to arrive arrive 43.______,that step is not safe!
- 39 -
D. has been
B. has arrived
C. arrives D. is going to
A. Look around down
B. Look up
C. Look out
44. "Have you _____ him to give up smoking?" he wouldn't listen." A. persuaded/tried persuaded/persuaded B. tried/persuaded
"No. I _____, but
45. The research laboratory is going to ______ the new type of computer to use. A. take B. make C. put D. send
46. I don't know when he ______, but when he ______, I'll let you know. A. will come/comes B. comes/will come D. will come/will come 47. How much do you think that vase _____? A. is cost B. used C. was paid for D. cost C. comes/comes
48. I _____ that he would be able to leave tomorrow, but it's beginning to look diffcult. A. hope B. had hoped C. hoped D. am hoping
49. “Come on, Peter, I want to show you something.” “Oh, how nice of you, I _____ you _____ to bring me a gift.” A. never think/are going C. didn’t think/ are going B. never thought/ were going D. hadn’t thought/ were going
50. It’s a nice flat, but it _____ a proper bathroom.
- 40 -
A. haven’t got have got
B. hasn’t got
C. wouldn’t get
51. She had a shock when she heard the news, _____? A. hadn’t she B. didn’t she C. wouldn’t she D. won’t she
52. This liquid _____ the salt at room temperature. A. became mixed with C. mixes with B. was mixed by D. has been mixing by
53. An exhibition of paintings ____ at the museum next week. A. are to be held B. is to be held C. are holding D. will hold 54. I'm sorry, sir. Your recorder isn't ready yet. It _____ in the factory. A. is being repaired B. is repaired C. has been repaired D. hasn't repaired 55. Every possible means , but none prove successful. A. has tried B. has been tried C. is being tried D. tried 56. _______ that they can pass the written exam this time. A. That is hoped B. It is hoped C. That hopes D. It hopes 57. My little sister has broken my watch. ---- My watch _____ by my little sister. A. is broken B. has broken C. have been broken D. has been broken 58. He was cleaning his room when I entered the house. ---- His room _____ by him when I entered the room. A. was being cleaned B. was cleaned C. was being cleaning D. has been cleaned 59. I shall have Finished reading the novel by dinner time. ---- This novel _____ reading (by me) by dinner time. A. will have finished . B. will has been finished C. will have being finished D. will have been finished 60. You ought to keep these three rooms clean. ----These three rooms ______ (by you). A. are oughted to keep clean B. ought to kept clean C. ought to be kept clean D. ought to have
- 41 -
been kept clean 61. You are about to write a poem, aren't you? ---- A poem _____ (by you), _____ ? A. is about to be written, aren't you B. is about to be writing, isn’t it C. is about to be writing, aren't you D. is about to be written, isn’t it 62. She had better leave a note to him. ---- A note _____ to him (by her). A. had better left B. had be better left C. had better be left D. had better been left 63. He doesn't do his homework every day. ---- His homework ______ by him every day. A. doesn't be done B. aren't done C. don't be done D. isn’t done 64. We must take care of our parents when they are old. ---- Our parents ______ when they are old. A. must be taken care B. must be took cars C. must take care of D. must be taken care of 65. People look down upon him because he is a liar. ---- He _____ because he is a liar. A. is looked down B. is looked down upon C. looks down upon D. looks down 66. Father will give me a dictionary on my birthday. ---- A dictionary ______ me by Father on my birthday. A. shall be given to B. will give C. shall give to D. will be giving to 67. We elected her leader. ---- She by us. A. is elected leader B. was leader elected C. was elected leader D. leader was elected 68. ---- People who live along this road receive their mail in these boxes. ---- Why are all of the______? A. grey painted mailboxes B. mailboxes grey painted C. mailboxes painted grey D. painted grey mailboxes 69. I saw him enter the room. ---- He ______ the room. A. is seen enter B. is seen to enter C. was seen to enter D. was seen enter 70. The question asked by him is hard _____ . A. to answer B. to be answered C. to be answering D. for answer 71. How sweet the music ______! A. sounds to be B. is sounded C. is sounded to be D. sounds 72. In warm weather fruit and meat ______ long. A. don't keep B. cannot be kept C. are not kept D. are not keeping
- 42 -
73. He received a telegram ___ "Mother Sick." A. written B. said C. reading D. writing 74. The classroom ______ 30 feet long. A. measures B. is measured C. has D. has length 75. Do you remember ______ ? A. how it is done B. it how to be done C. How is it done by D. how to do 76. to have been rich. A. They say B. It is said C. He is said D. That was said 77. Mathematics is difficult ______. A. to learn B. for learning C. to be learned D. of learning 78. My hair is so long that I must go to a barber's shop and______. A. have to cut it B. have it cut C. get it to be cut D. to cut it 79. The pencil ______ well. A. writes B. is written C. was written D. writing 80. ---- I can't see the blackboard very well. ---- Perhaps you need ______. A. to examine your eyes B. to have your eyes examined C. to have examined your eyes D. to be examined your eyes 81. ---- Where is the coffee table? ---- Tom just had it ____ away. A. move B. moving C. moved D. moves 82. Good medicine ______ to the mouth. A. tastes bitter B. tastes bitterly C. is tasted bitter D. is tasted bitterly 83. Which girl won the prize? _____ A. By which girl is the prize won? B. Which girl was the prize won? C. By which girl did she win the prize? D. By which girl was the prize won? 84. --- Where did you get that handsome picture? ---- It was _____ by my father. A. given for us B. a gift to us C. given to us D. a gift for us 85. A young hen is ______ a chicken. A. named B. known C. spelled D. called 86. ---- How does Alma like her new work? ---- She ______ with the hour. A. can't satisfy B. isn't satisfied C. doesn't satisfy
- 43 -
D. hasn't satisfied 87. ---- Why do you call your son Mouse? ---- He wants ______ by the name. A. to call B. to be called C. to be calling D. being called 88. His idea, though good, needs ______ out. A. being tried B. to try C. tried D. to be tried 89. The man living in the next door is known _____the police. A. with B. to C. by D. of 90. Cotton is first made ______ thread and then it was woven ______ cloth. A. up of, up of B. into, into C. of, of D. from, from 91. ______ here last night. A. Something strange was happened B. Strange something was happened C. Something strange happened D. Strange something happened 92. ---- I'd like to buy that coat. ---- I'm sorry, _____. A. it was sold B. it's selling C. it's been sold D. it had been sold 93. Gunpowder was discovered in the twelfth century, but_____. A. man did not put it to use in war two hundred years liter B. until two centuries more it was used in war C. not used in war until two hundred years later D. in war did not use it two hundred years afterwards 94. The five-year-old girl by her parents. A. is looked B. has looked for C. is being looked for D. has been looked
九：动词词义辨析 1.I can hardly ____ the difference between the two words. A. point B.speak C.say D.tell 2.I ____ you will write me back soon. A. wish B.hope C.want D.need 3.I asked him to ____ me a few minutes so that I could have a word with him. A. spend B. spare C.save
- 44 -
D. share 4. Father will not ____ us to touch anything in his room when he is away. A. have B.let C. agree D. allow 5.I learned to ____ a bicycle as a small boy. A. ride B. drive C. operate D.run 6.I can ____ you to the railway station in my car. A. send B.pick C.ride D.take 7.If no one ____ the phone at home, ring me at work. A. answers B. returns C. replies D. receives 8.1 don't know the restaurant, but it's____ to be quite a good one. A.said B.told C.spoken D.talked 9. These boxes are too heavy for your mother, you'd better____ them for her. A. bring B. carry C.take D. fetch 10. There was a fight in the street yesterday. Three people were seriously ____. A. hurt B. killed C. broken D.cut 11. Careless driving ____ a lot of highway accidents. A. affects B. gives C. causes D. results 12. I've____my umbrella in the office and I'll have to fetch it. A. forgot B.left C. remained D.lost 13 .The doctor says a few days' rest in a quiet place will ____ you a lot of good. A. make B.do C.give D.get 14. His heart ____ fast when the teacher asked him a difficult question. A. beat B.hit C. jumped D.ran 15. The cooking chicken ____ very good. A. smells B. feels C. sounds D. tastes 16. Most children stay at home until they ____ school age. A. get B.come C. reach D. arrive 17. A single mistake here could ____ you your life. A. pay B.take C. spend
- 45 -
D.cost 18. The boy works hard. I____ him to succeed in the exam. A. like B. expect C. think D.need 19. We ____ each other the best of luck in the examination. A. hoped B. wanted C. expected D. wished 20. I'm afraid Mr Brown isn't in. Would you like to____a message? A.give B.leave C.carry D.take 21. Do you know the girl ____ a red coat? A. dressed in B. had on C. wore D. put on 22. The assistant suggested Mary ____ the blue skirt. A. buying B. bought C. to buy D. could buy 23. Our teacher suggested Wang Lin ____ to America for further study. A. should send B. would be sent C. sending D.be sent 24. Old Mr Jackson insisted ____ to the Friendship Hospital. A. on being sent B. to send C. on sending D. being sent 25. The father insisted that their son Tom ____ clever enough to study music. A. be B. should be C.was D. would be 26.I ____ the television set for 1,500 yuan. A. bought B.paid C.cost D. spent 27.I ____ play football than basketball. A. would rather B. had better C. like better D. prefer 28. - What are you doing? - I'm looking____ the children. They should be back for lunch now. A.after B.at C.for D.up 29. The sports meet will be ____ till next week because of the bad weather. A. put off B. put away C. put up D. put down 30.I really don't want to go to the party, but I don't see how I can ____ it. A. get back from B. get out of C. get away D. get off 31. Readers can ____ quite well without knowing the exact meaning of
- 46 -
each word. A. get over B. get in C; get along D. get through 32. Many foreigners ____ the Great Wall as the World's Seventh Wonder. A. look at B. look for C. look around D. look on 33.1 can' t hear clearly. Please ____ the radio ____ a little. A.tum;on B.tum;off C.tum;down D.tum;up 34. Thirty people were expected, but only twenty - four ____. A. turned in B. turned up C. turned to D. turn up 35. The child is running a high fever. We must____ a doctor at once. A. send in B. send out C. send for D. send up 36. I'm going to a pop concert with Tom. He'll ____ me at eight and we'll go there togethe; A. call for B. call in C. call on D. call up 37. It is often easier to make plans than it is to ____. A. carry on them B. carry out them C. carry them on D. carry them out 38. Your composition must be ____ after class. A. handed to B. handed out C. handed in D. handed over 39. A new school was ____ in the village last year. A. held up B. set up C. sent up D. brought up 40. - When did the plane ____? -At 2 o'clock. A. take off' B. take up C. take away D. take place 41. ____! There's danger ahead. A. Look at B.Look up C.Look on D.Look out 42.Let's____ to clean the house. It's too dirty. A.set about B.set out C.set off D.set down 43.I used to ____ my teacher when I was in Beijing. A. call in . B. call at C. call for D. call on 44. He ____ from his family and settled down in America. A. broke away B. broke out C. broke up D. broke in 45. He had to ____ his father's business after his death, though he didn't really want to continue it.
- 47 -
A. carry out B. pick up C. set up D. carry on 46. The robbers had no trouble in ____ the bank, but when they came out ,the police were waiting for them. A. breaking out B. breaking into C. breaking up D. breaking away from 47. Autumn is coming. The farmers are busy____ the crops in the fields. A. moving in B. sharing in C. handing in D. getting in 48. All the students ____ their holidays to take part in planting trees. A. gave out B. gave in C. gave up D. gave away 49. He was always the last to leave in order to clean up the workroom and ____ the tools. A. put away B. take away C. push aside D. look after 50.____ this article and tell me what you think of it. A. Look up B. Look on C. Look into D. Look through
十：动词的语气——虚拟语气 1. If I ____ where he lived, I ____ a note to him. A. knew, would B. had known, would have sent C. know, would send D. knew, would have sent 2. If they ____ earlier than expected, they ____ here now. A. had started, would be B. started, might be C. had started, would have been D. will start, might have been 3. I didn’t know his telephone number. ____ it, I ____ then. A. Had I known, would ring him up B. Should I know, would have rung him up C. If I knew; would ring him up D. Had I known; would have rung him up 4. Mary is ill today. If she _____ , she ____ absent from school. A. were not ill; wouldn' t be B. had been ill; wouldn't have been
- 48 -
C. had been ill; should have been D. hadn't been ill; could be 5. Were I to do it, I ________ it some other way. A. will do B. would do C. would have done D. were to do 6. I ________ him the answer ________ possible, but I was so busy then. A. could tell; if it had been B. must have told; were it C. should have told; had it been D. should have told; should it be 7. Without your help, we________ so much. A. won ' t achieve B. didn ' t achieve C. don't achieve D. wouldn't have achieved 8. You didn't take his advice. ________ his advice, you ________ such a mistake. A. Had you taken; wouldn't have made B. If you had taken; would make C. Were you lo take; shouldn t have made D. Have you taken; won t have made 9. We wish we ____ what you did when we were at high school. A. did B. could have done C. have done D. should do 10. She wishes she ____ to the theatre last night. A. went B. would go C. had gone D. were going 11. Tom is very short now. His mother wishes that he ________ be tall when he grows up. A. could B. should C. would D. were able to 12. My sister advised me that I ________ accept the invitation. A. could B. must C. should D. might 13. He asks that he ________ an opportunity to explain why he’s refused to go there. A. is given B. must give C. should give D. be given 14. Do you think of Wang Fang's suggestion that he ________ Mr. Li to the party? A. will invite B. have invited C. is invited D. invite 15. I insisted that he ________ at once.
- 49 -
A. be gone B. go C. would go D. might go 16. Li Ming insisted that he ________ anything at all. A. hadn ' t stolen B. shouldn ' t steal C. doesn ' t steal D. steal 17. It is quite natural that my coming late again ________ them very angry. A. had made B. would make C. makes D. make 18. He acted as if he ________ everything in the world. A. knew B. knows C. has known D. won't know 19. Read it aloud so that I ________ you clearly. A. may hear B. will hear C. hear D. have heard 20. They got up early in order that they ________ they first train. A. caught B. will catch C. might catch D. shall catch 21. I am sorry that he ________ in such poor health. A. are B. shall be C. were D. should be 22. That is a good book. You ________ it yesterday. A. could buy B. should buy C. should have bought D. bought 23. It is high time we ________ home. A. will go B. would go C. have gone D. went 24. I ' d rather that you ________ home. A. went B. have gone C. will go D. had gone 25. If only I _________ to the lecture! A. listen B. will listen C. am listening D. had listened 26. ---- If he_____ , he ______ that food. ---- Luckily he was sent to the hospital immediately. A. was warned; would not take B. had been warned; would not have taken C. would be warned; had not taken D. would have been
- 50 -
warned; had not taken 27.I didn' t see your sister at the meeting. If she _________, she would have met my brother. A. has come B. did come C. came D. had come 28. Without electricity, human life ________ quite different today. A. is B. will be C. would have been D. would be 29. He ________ you more help, even though he was very busy. A. might have given B. might give C. may have given D. may give 30. If city noises _______ from increasing, people _______ shout to be heard even at the dinner table 20 years from now. A. are not kept; will have to B. are not kept; have to C. do not keep; will have to D. do not keep; have to 31. Mike's father, as well as his mother, insisted that he ________ home. A. stayed B. could stay C. has stayed D. stay 32. Mr. Smith insisted that he ________ the work all. A. had done B. have done C. did D. so 33. Jane would never have gone to the party ________ that Mary would come to see her. A. has she known B. had she known C'. if she know D. if she has known 34. If you had enough money, what ________ ? A. will you buy B. would you buy C. would you have bought D. will you have bought 35. If you ________ that film late last night, you wouldn't be so sleepy. A. didn't see B. haven't seen C. wouldn’t have seen D. hadn’t seen 36. Our monitor requested that ________. A. all the class studied more carefully the problem B. the problem was more carefully studied C. with great care the problem could be studied D. all the class study the problem more carefully 37. ---- Would you have called her up had it been possible?
- 51 -
---- Yes, but I ________. busy doing my homework.. A. was B. were C. had been D. would be 38. His tired face suggested that he ________ really tired after the long walk. A. had been B. was C. be D. should be 39. It is important that we ________. A. shall close the window before we leave B. will close the window before we leave C. must close the window before we leave D. close the window before we leave 40. I didn't know his telephone number, otherwise I ______ him. A. had telephoned B. would telephone C. would have telephoned D. telephone
十一：助动词与情态动词 1. If they _________ to do this work, he might do it some other way. A. were B. should C. will D. can 2. I was told yesterday that the company _________ me to Rome next week for a business conference. A. should have sent B. were going to send C. should be sending D. should send 3. Let's take a walk, ________? A. will we B. don't we C. do we D. shall we 4. He was a good swimmer so he _________ swim to the river bank when the boat sank. A. could B. might C. should D. was able to 5. I went to the doctor's yesterday, I had to wait for half an hour before he ________ see me. A. can B. may C. might D. could 6. ---- _________ this book be yours? ---- No, it ________ not be mine. It ________ be his. A. Can, must, may B. May, might, must C. Can, may, must D. Must, can, may 7. "We didn't see him at the lecture yesterday. " "He _________ it. "
- 52 -
A. mustn't attend B. can't have attended C. would have not attended D. needed have attended 8. They _________ the plane, or perhaps they have been prevented from coming for some reason. A. can have missed B. may have missed C. can have lost D. may have lost 9. Since the ground is white, it _________ last night. A. had snowed B. must have snowed C. must be snowing D. must have been snowing 10. You must be fifty, ________? A. mustn't you B. needn't you C. aren't you D. mnyn't you 11. You must have seen him off yesterday, _________? A. haven't you B. didn't you C. mustn't you D. needn't you 12. ---- That must be a mistake. ---- No .it _________ be. A. can't B. isn't able to C. can D. was able to 13. He had known the matter before you told him, so you _________ have told it to him. A. mustn't B. can't C. needn't D. shouldn't 14. How ________ so? A. dare you to say B. dare you say C. do you dare say D. dare to say 15. You are their teacher. You _________ care of them. A. should to take B. might to take C. ought to take D. need to take 16. She is studying medical science now but she _________ a lawyer. A. used to be B. would be C. were D. had been 17. If you were in an English-speaking country, you, too, _________ English every day. A. will be used to speak B. will be used to speaking C. must be used to speak D. would be used to speaking 18. I did not call to make my airline reservation (预订) but I _________. A. should have B, may have C. must have D. shall have 19. As a girl, she _________ get up at six every day. A. would B. will C. might D. should 20. Don't you remember that we _________ to the cinema tonight?
- 53 -
A. would go B. go C. are going D. will be gone 21. ---- Shall I tell John about it? ---- No, you _________. I've told him already. A. needn't B. wouldn't C. mustn't D. shouldn't 22. "Would you mind if I open the window?" “__________”. A. I don't like it B. Yes .please C. No, please D. No. I'm sorry 23. "Would you tell me something about the affair?" “__________”. A. Yes .please B. All right C. Not at all D. I do 24. M:________? T:I'd love to, but I'm afraid I have no time." M:0h, no. You'll surely come over. T: It's very nice of you. But I'm sorry I have to go to a meeting. A. Do you have lunch out in a restaurant B. Shall I have you with me at my birthday C. Did you go to see the film D. Have you enjoyed yourself at the party 25. "You ought to have come here ten minutes ago?" "Yes, I _________. " A. ought to B. ought to have C. ought D. have ought to 26. "Would you like to go out for a walk?" "Yes, ___________. " A. I'd like to B. I'd like C. I'll like to D. I would 27. ________ you succeed ! A. Can B. May C. Must D. Will 28. Did he need ________ then? A. leave B. to leave C. leaving D. left 29. Do you think if he dares _________ in public. A. speak B. speaking C. to speak D. spoken 30. He ________ eating American food since he came here. A. used to B. has been used C. has been used to D. was used to 31. A computer ________ think for itself; it ________ be told what to do. A. may not, must B. mustn't, might C. shouldn't,
- 54 -
could D. can't, must 32. "________ you mind my opening the window?" "Not at all. " A. Shall B. Should C. Will D. Would 33.1 didn't hear the phone. I _________ asleep. A. must be B. must have been C. should have been D. could have been 34. You _________ me about it earlier, but you didn't. A. should have told B. would have told C. must have told D. should tell 35. The teacher told the students that they ________ keep silent in class all the time. A. ought to not B. ought not to C. ought not to have D. can't 36. "May I go now?" "No, you ________. " A. mustn't B. needn't C. mightn't D. won't 37. You _________ do the exercise if you don't want to. A. may not B. can't C. mustn't D. needn't 38. You _________ pay more attention to your spelling next time. A. would B. should C. will D. shall 39. The girl _________ out alone at night. A. dare not go B. dare not to go C. dares not go D. does not dare go 40. There ________ be a lot of small houses on both sides of the street. A. used to B. get used to C. would D. did use to
十二：非谓语动词（一）——动词不定式 1. ---- Can you ride a horse? ---- No, I never had the chance ____. A. for learning it B. for learning how C. how to learn it D. to learn how 2. Paul said, "Give me a chair _____." A. to sit B. sit C. sit on D. to sit on 3. I ran too fast ______ where I was going. A. to notice B. for me to notice C. to notice for me
- 55 -
D. and notice 4. ---- Have you enjoyed your visit here? ---- Yes, I'll be very sorry______ . A. for leaving B.of leaving C. to leave D. with leaving 5. ---- I'll help you whenever you need me. ---- Good. I'd like _____me tomorrow. A. you helping B. that you will help C. you to help D. that you help 6. ---- I didn't hear you come in last night. ---- That's good. We tried_____ noisy. A. not be B. not to be C. to be not D. to not be 7. Because of air pollution being greatly reduced, this city is still ______. A. a good place which to be lived in B. lived as a good place C. a good place to live in D. living in as a good place 8. ---- Why was the official meeting called? ---- ______ new officers. A. Select B. Selecting C. To select D. For selecting 9. ---- Where did he go? ---- He went to another store ______. A. to buy pencils B. for buying pencils C. buy pencils D. buying pencils 10. ---- My baby has a heart trouble. ---- Did the doctor find it difficult ______ ? A. in treating B. treating C. for treating D. to treat 11. ---- Did the judge ask you many questions? ---- Yes, and ______. A. they were difficult to be answered B. to answer them was to be difficult C. they were difficult to answer D. they had difficulty in answering 12. That beggar seems _____ anything yesterday. A. not to have eaten B. not to eat C. didn't eat D. to not have eaten 13. The lost child desired nothing but _____ home. A. go B. to go C. going . D. went 14.That box is____. A. too heavy for me to carry B. too heavy for me to carry it C. so heavy for me to carry D. very heavy for me to carry
- 56 -
15. Would you be ______ to do me a favour, please? A. so kind as . B. too kind C. as kind as D. enough kind 16. To learn to speak English well,_____. A. much practice is needed B. one needs much practice C. much practice is needed by one D. one is needed much practice 17. Tom kept quiet about the accident ______ lose his job. A. so not as to B. so as not to C. so as to not D. not so as to 18. Last summer I took a course on ______ . A. how to make dresses B. how dresses be made C. how to be made dresses D. how dresses to be made 19. The house is not large enough ____ . A. to live in B. to be lived in C. to live D. for living 20. Nobody likes ______. A. to speak ill of B. to be spoken ill of C. speaking ill of D. spoken ill of 21. I know him ______ a good football player while in college. A. to have been B. to be C. was D. had been 22. I was surprised______. A. watching him to eat so quickly B. watch him eat so quickly C. watching him eat so quickly D. to watch him eat so quickly 23. Mr. White was seen ______ the Palace Museum. A. enter B. to enter C. entered D. to entering 24. I saw Mary ____ the house. A. open the door and go into B. to open the door and to go into C. open the door and to go into D. open the door and went into 25. Paul does nothing but _____ all day long. A. play B. to play C. playing D. played 26. Now we could not do anything but ______ for him here. A. waited B. waiting C. to wait D. wait
- 57 -
27. I don't know her and I don't ______ . A. want B. want to C. want it D. to want 28. ---- Go to the theatre with me, will you? ---- I should like ______, but I don't have time. A. to B. too C. to do D. to go to 29. To play fair is as important as ______. A. to play well B. play well C. we play well D. playing well 30. It is the greatest happiness on earth ______. A. loving and to be loved B. to love and being loved C. to love and to be loved D. love and be loved 31. _____ is better to love than _____ . A. That, to be loved B. That, be loved C. It, be loved D. It, to be loved 32. It's very foolish _____ it? A. for you to say B. of you to say C. with you saying D. in your saying 33. It ______ me two hours to find your new house. A. cost B. took C. spent D. used 34. We did not expect our offer _____ so quickly. A. rejected B. to reject . C. to be rejected D. rejecting 35. He told her ______ there at once. A. get B. gets C. should get D. to get 36. We all think it most foolish ______ this mistake. A. for you making B. of you to make C. you to make D. for you to make 37. I really don't know ____ . A. to swim B. how to swim C. to swim how D. how swim 38. ---- What do you think about English? ---- It's a difficult language _____. A. speaking B. to be spoken C. to speak D. spoken
- 58 -
十三：非谓语动词（二）——动词-ing 形式 1. Alien said that his trip was _______. A. interested B. interest C. interesting D. of interest 2. We can't understand ______ a decision until it is too late. A. him to postpone to make B. his postponing to make C. him to postpone making D. his postponing making 3. I couldn't understand ______ at the poor child. A. you to laugh B. you laugh C. why laugh D. you laughing 4. It's no use______ with him. You might as well ______ with a stone wall. A. arguing, argue B. to argue, arguing C. arguing, arguing D. to argue, argue 5. It is no good ______ today's work for tomorrow. A. to leave B. leaving C. that you leave D. leave 6. The old man's ______ pity on the snake led to his own death. A. take B. taking C. being taken D. have 7. It's very kind ______ you ______ say so. A. of, to B. for, to C. to, to D. of, / 8. Some people's greatest pleasure is ______ . A. fishing B. to fish C. to be fish D. being fishing 9. Remember ______ the book, when you have finished it. A. putting back B. having put back C. to put back D. will put back 10. You didn't hear us come back last night. That's good. We tried ______ noisy. A. to not be B. not to be C. being not D. not being 11. Though he failed, he tried _______ it again and again. A. to do B. doing C. do D. done. 12. You'll regret ______ those words. You may hurt her feelings. A. say B. to say C. having said D. to have said 13. You can keep the book until you ______ . A. have finished reading B. finish to
- 59 -
read C. will finish reading D. have finished to read 14. We are looking forward to ______ another chance ______ it again. A. be given, to try B. give, to try .C. giving, trying D. having, to try 15. Most of the students enjoy_____ stamps. A. collect B. to collect C. collecting D. collected 16. Excuse me for _____ in without ______. A. coming, asking B. coming, being asked C. to come, asking D. to come, being asked 17. People couldn't help ______ the foolish girl. A. laugh at B. to laugh at C. laughing at D. laughing : 18. "What do you think of the book?" "Oh. excellent, it's worth _______ a second time." A. to read B. to be read C. reading D. being read 19. "I usually go there by train." "Why not ______ by boat for a change?" A. to try going B. trying to go C. to try and go D. try going 20. I was too excited ______ . A. speak B. to speak C. not to speak D. speaking 21. Charles Babbage is generally considered ______ the first computer. A. to invent B. inventing C. to have invented D. having invented 22. It is no use _____to come now. He is busy. A. ask him B. to ask him C. that you ask him D. asking him 23. The murder was brought in, with his hands _______ behind his back. A. being tied B. having tied C. to be tied D. tied 24. Mrs Smith warned her daughter ____ after drinking. A. never to drive B. to never drive C. never driving D. never drive. 25. The computer centre, ______ last year is very popular among the students in this school. A. open B. opening C. having opened D. opened. 26. Do you know the boy _______ under the big tree?
- 60 -
A. lay B. lain C. laying D. lying 27. Most of the artists ______ to the party 'were from South Africa. A. invited B. to invite C. being invited D. had been invited 28. English is a language ______ in many countries. A. spoken B. speaking C. be spoken D. to speak 29. "Can you read?" Mary said to the notice. A. angrily, pointing B. and point angrily C. angrily, pointed D. and angrily pointing 30. There was a terrible noise _______ the sudden burst of Tight. A. followed B. following C. to be followed D. being followed 31. ____ more attention, the trees could have grown better. A. Given B. To give C. Giving D. Having given 32. _____their students, the famous teacher came into the hall. A. Followed B. Followed by C. Being followed D. Having been followed 33. Your flat needs _____ . Would you like me it for you? A. to clean, to do B. cleaning, doing C. cleaning, to do D. to be cleaned, doing 34. Does your new secretary ____ short hand? A. know to take B. know how to take C. know how take D. know how taking 35. Tommy had his big brother _____ his shoes for him. A. to tie B. tie C. tied D. tying 36. Would you please ______ write on the textbooks? A. don't B. not to C. not D. to not 37. I'd ______ the operation unless it is absolutely necessary. A. rather not have B. rather not to have C. not rather had D. rather not having 38. Your mother and I are looking forward________ you. A. of seeing B. for seeing C. to see D. to seeing 39. The girl couldn't_____ how red his face was. A. help to notice B. be helping to notice C. be helping noticing D. help noticing 40. Excuse me, but it is time to have your temperature ______.
- 61 -
A. taking D. taken
B. to take
十四：非谓语动词（三）——过去分词 1. There is no question of _____ able to finish it himself. A. Tom was D. Tom is 2. The new shopping center _____ now will be put into use by the end of this year. A. built built D. to be built "Not yet. The meal_____." B. is being cooked C. is cooked B. be built C. being B. Tom's being C. Tom's be
3. "Have you had supper?" A. are being cooked D. are cooked
4. "I'm glad ______ you here in the hotel." pleasure to have you ______ us." A. meeting, to among D. to meet, of
B. to have met, with
C. having met,
5. I'm afraid I can't make myself _____ in English. A. understanding understood D. understood B. understand C. to be
6. Although in a hurry, Wilson ______.
- 62 -
A. couldn't stop walking the stranger C. stopped to help the stranger answer the stranger 7. Janet is easy _____. A. for getting along with along with C. to get along with with 8. Don't forget ______ the light when you leave. A. turn off D. turned off 9. The mother is very glad; her baby is beginning ______. A. understanding what she means that she meant C. to understand what she means she means , 10. I think this story is _____ . A. worth being read B. worth reading D. worth of reading 11. This scientist is a man ______ praise. A. worth to B. worthy to be
- 63 -
B. couldn't help
B. by getting
D. got along
B. to turn off
C. turning off
B. to understand
D. noticing what
C. worth to read
C. worthy of
D. worth 12. I don't want ______ any more trouble, you see? A. there being D. there to be 13. When she returned home, she found the window open and something ______. A. stealing D. to steal 14. Strictly _____, it isn't worth the price you are asking. A. to speak D. spoken 15. Time ______, they'll come here to watch us ______ football. A. permitted, playing B. permitted, to play D. permitting, to play 16. The man was seen _____ into the courtyard. A, stealing D. had stolen 17. Bob should love _____ to the party tomorrow evening. A. taking D. being taken 18. Tom had no choice but _____ the classroom with his classmates. A. to clean B. clean
- 64 -
B. it to be
C. it being
C. permitting, play
C. be stealing
B. to be taken
C. to take
D. cleans 19. Mr. Brown said that his car needed A. to be repaired D. to repair 20. The old man didn't know whether to sell the car or____ . A. being kept for later use later use C. to keep it for later use for later use 21. The noise of the desks _____ could be heard in the next classroom. A. being opened and closed C. having been opened and closed and closed 22. I remember _____ someone ____ the umbrella away. A. to see, take B. having seen, to take B. opened and closed D. to be opened D. to be kept it B. kept for B. being repaired C. be repairing
C. to see, to take 23. She was noticed ______ the shop. A. to enter entered D. entered B. enter
D. having seen, take
24. I couldn't help _____ when I heard the joke. A. being laughed B. laughing
- 65 -
C. to be laughing
D. to laugh 25._____, she burst into tears. A. Deeply moved C. As she deeply moved deeply moving 26. The problem requires ______. A. studying with great care carefully C. to be studied without carelessness care of studying it 27. there. A. being written D. Writing 28. He would rather ______ his parents with their housework than _____ out to play games. A. to help, to go D. to help, go 29. The boy had his leg _____ while ____ football. A. broken, playing B. break, play D. broke, was playing 30. Having finished the work,_____.
- 66 -
B. Deeply moving D. As she was
B. to study
D. taking great
B. help, go
C. help, to go
C. broken, played
A. it was almost six
o'clock B. a postman came and delivered the evening paper and some letters C. supper had been already prepared and then had supper 31. He is ill. He has kept_____. A. coughing all along night C. cough since yesterday coughed day and night 32. It is no use ____ without _____. A. to talk, doing being done C. talking, doing talked, being to do 33. "I usually go there by boat." change?" A. try going D. to try and go 34._____, she felt quite shy at the party. A. As she a stranger stranger
- 67 -
D. we had a rest
B. to cough at
"Why not _____ by train for a
B. to try going
C. trying to go
B. Being a
C. According to a stranger stranger
D. She like a
35. Every morning he gets up early and practises ______ and then _____ to school. A. to read English, go English, going C. reading English, goes English, goes 36. While _____ football on tin playground, I found 'my keys ______. A. playing, lost lost , B. play, losing C. played, being D. of reading B. reading
D. having played, lost
37. ____ the same mistakes again made his parents very angry. A. His having made D. Him making 38. Dick made it ______ to all his friends. A. to know D. knowing 39. Anna spends one hour a day _____ spoken English. A. practise D. in practising 40. No one was surprised at _____ the examination. A. he passing B. his pass
- 68 -
B. He has made
C. He had making
B. to practise
C. on practising
C. him pass
D. his passing 41. Although swimming is his favourite sport, yet he doesn't like _____ today. A. to swim D. to have swim 42. She sat at the desk and set about _____ a letter to her friend. A. to write D. written 43. This soup is cold; it needs _____. A. to heat D. heated 44. I went ______a balloon but I didn't see anyone _____ balloons. A. to buy, to sell selling D. buying, to sell B. to buy, selling C. buying, B. to be heated C. being hot B. writing C. write B. swimming C. swim
45. Anna is often heard ______songs in her room. A. sung D. to sing 46. The more you practise ______ English, the better your _____ English will be. A. to speak, speaking spoken D. spoken, speaking B. speaking, spoken C. spoken, B. singing C. sing
- 69 -
十五：形容词和副词 1. John has three sisters. Mary is the ___ of the three. (MET88) A. most cleverest B. more clever C. cleverest D. cleverer 2. The students are___ young people between the age of sixteen and twenty. (MET88) A. most B. almost C. mostly D. at most 3. She told us ___story that we all forgot about the time. (MET88) A. such an interesting B. such interesting a C. so an interesting D. a so interesting 4. It is impossible for so___ workers to do so work in a single day. (MET88) A. few, much B. few, many C. little, much D. little, many 5. The horse is getting old and can't run ___ it did. (MET88) A. as faster as B. so fast than C. so fast as D. as fast as 6. The story sounds___ . (MET89) A. to be true B. as true C. being true D. true 7. I'd been expecting ___ letters the whole morning, but there weren't ___ for me. (MET89) A. some; any B. many; a few C. some; one D. a few; none 8. This year they have produced ___ grain ___ they did last year. (MET89) A. as less; as B. as few; as C. less; than D. fewer; than 9. After the new technique was introduced, the factory produced ___ tractors in 1988 as the year before. (MET90) A. as twice many B. as many twice C. twice as many D. twice many as 10. The pianos in the other shop will be , but______ . (MET90) A. cheaper; not as better B. more cheaper; not as better C. cheaper; not as good D. more cheap; not as good 11. ---Can I help you? ---Well, I'm afraid the box is___ heavy for you, but thank you all the same. (MET90) A. so B. much C. very D. too 12.---Excuse me, is this Mr. Brown's office? ---I'm sorry, but Mr. Brown ___ works here. He left about three weeks ago. (MET90) A. not now B. no more C. not still D. no longer 13. If we had followed his plan, we could have done the job better with ___ money and ___ people. (MET90) A. less; less B. fewer; fewer C. less; fewer D. fewer; less 14. Oh, John. ___ you gave me! (MET90)
- 70 -
A. How a pleasant surprise B. How pleasant surprise C. What a pleasant surprise D. What pleasant surprise 15. ---How did you find your visit to museum? ---I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was ___ than I expected. (MET91) A. far more interesting B. even much interesting C. so more interesting D. a lot much interesting 16. Canada is larger than ___ country in Asia. (NMET91) A. any B. any other C. other D. another 17. Those oranges taste___ . (MET91) A. good B. well C. to be good D. to be well 18. The experiment was ___ easier than we had expected. (NMET91) A. more B. much more C. much D. more much 19. ___ food you've cooked! (NMET91 ) A. How a nice B. What a nice C. How nice D. What nice 20. Go and get your coat. It's ___ you left it. (MET92) A. there B. where C. there where D. where there 21. John was so sleepy that he could hardly keep his eyes___ . (MET92) A. open B. to be opened C. to open D. opening 22. ---Are you feeling ___? ---Yes, I' m fine now. (NMET92) A. any well B. any better C. quite good D. quite better 23. Which is___ country, Canada or Australia? (MET92) A. a large B. larger C. a larger D. the larger 24. ---Will you give this message to Mr. White, please? ---Sorry, I can't. He ___. (MET92) A. doesn't any more work here B. doesn't any longer here work C. doesn't work any more here D. doesn't work here any longer 25. How can you finish the drawing? (MET92) A. often B. soon C. long D. rapid 26. ___ terrible weather we've been having these days! (MET92) A. How a B. What a C. How D. What 27. It takes a long time to go there by train. It's___ by road. (MET93) A. quick B. the quickest C. much quick D. quicker 28. ___ from Beijing to London! (MET93) A. How long way it is B. What a long way is it C. How long way is it D. What a long way it is 29. She doesn't speak___ her friends, but her written work is excellent. (MET93) A. as well as B. as often as C. so much as D. as good as 30. ---Mum, I think I'm___ to get back to school. ---Not really, My dear. You'd better stay at home for another day or two. (NMET93) A. so well B. so good C. well enough D. good enough 31. ---If you don't like the red coat, take the blue one.
- 71 -
---OK, but do you have size___ in blue? This one's a bit tight for me. (NMET93) A. a big B. a bigger C. the big D. the bigger 32. John plays footbal___ , if not better than, Davi. (NMET94) A. as well B. as well as C. so well D. so well as 33. We all write___ ,even when there's net much to say. (NMET94) A. now and then B. by and by C. step by step D. more or less 34. ---Do you remember ___ he came? ---Yes I do, he came by car. (NMET94) A. how B. when C. that D. if 35. If there were no examinations, we should have ___at school. (NMET94) A. the happiest time B. a more happier time C. much happiest time D. a much happier time 36. ---Have you finished your report yet? ---No, I'll finish in___ ten minutes. (NMET95) A. another B. other C. more D. less 37. ---I'd like ___ information about the management of your hotel, please. ---Well, you could have ___ word with the manager. He might be helpful. (NMET95) A. some; a B. an; some C. some; some D. an; a 38. If we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty,___ great it is. (NMET95) A. what B. how C. however D. whatever 39. We decided not to climb the mountains because it was raining ____. (NMET96) A. badly B. hardly C. strongly D. heavily 40. How beautifully she sings! I have never heard ___. (NMET96) A. the better voice B. a good voice C. the best voice D. a better voice 41. Tony is going camping with ___ boys. (NMET93) A. little two other B. two little other C. two other little D. little other two 42. ---How was your recent visit to Qingdao? (NMET95) ---It was great. We visited some friends, and spent ___the days at the seaside. A. few last sunny B. last few sunny C. last sunny few D. few sunny last 43. Can you believe that in ___ a rich country there should be _ many poor people? (MET95) A. such; such B. such; so C. so; so D. so; such 44. Wait till you are more___ .It's better to be sure than sorry. (NMET97) A. inspired B. satisfied C. calm D. certain 45. Professor White has written some short stories, but he is ___ known for his plays. (NMET98) A. the best B. more C. better D. the most 46.___ to take this adventure course will certainly learn a lot of useful skills. (NMET2000 )
- 72 -
A. Brave enough students B. Enough brave students C. Students brave enough D. Students enough brave 47. It's always difficult being in a foreign country, ___ if you don't speak the language. (NMET2000 ) A. extremely B. naturally C. basically D. especially 48. I am surprised that you should have been fooled by such a (an) ___ trick. (2001 春招) A. ordinary B. easy C. smart D. simple 49. It is generally believed that teaching is___ it is a science. (NMET2001) A. an art much as B. much an art as C. as an art much as D. as much an art as 50.---I'm very ___with my own cooking. It looks nice and smells delicious. ---Mm, it does have a ___smell. (2002 春招) A. pleasant; pleased B. pleased; pleased C. pleasant; pleasant D. pleased; pleasant 51.Boris has brains. In fact ,I doubt whether anyone in the class has ___IQ. A. a high B. a higher C. the higher D. the highest
十六：代 词 一、强化训练： 1. New English-Chinese Dictionary has been republished several times,_____ more up to date than the last edition. A. any B. everyone C. either D. each 2. After paying 1,000 dollars_____ ,you'll all become full members of our club. A. each B. all C. every D. both 3._____ was her cruelty that we all hated her. A. It B. What C. That D. Such 4. Mary has been ill in bed for a week. I wonder if she is _____ better now. A. much B. some C. any D. very 5. -Which of these two ties will you take? -I don't like these. Do you have any_____ ? A. one B. other C. ones D. others 6. I' d rather ride a bike as bike riding has _____ of the trouble of taking buses. A. much B. all C. neither D. none 7. I need some blue ink today but there is _____ at hand. A. not B. nothing C. a little D. none
- 73 -
8. I found the very watch of mine _____ I had left _____ . A. where, it B. that, it C. which, one D. where, one 9. I haven't got time to get the tickets. Who's going to ____? A. do so B. do it C. buy it D. do them 10. -Jack certainly has a high opinion of Susan. It can't be better than _____of him. A. hers B. she C. that D. her 11. -Shall we introduce ____ fire-fighting equipment from abroad? -Go ahead, if necessary. A. other B. a few more C. another D. some other 12. -How about the price of these refrigerators? -They are equal in price to, if not cheaper than,_____ at the other stores. A. others B. it C. that D. the ones 13. -I dislike _____ when others laugh at me in public or speak ill of me behind. -So do I. A. them B. those C. it D. that 14. -Which do you prefer, classical music or pop music? -_____. I prefer folk music. A. Either B. Both C. None D. Neither 15. Why don' t you trust and use old Tom? He is still as strong as _____ in the team. A. nobody B. anybody else C. everybody D. somebody else 16. -Are the new methods taking any effect? -Yes,_____ articles are stolen from our supermarket. A. few B. more C. some D. none 17. During the meeting a young man cried out suddenly and threw his notebook at the chairman,_____ brought the room to disorder. A. it B. and which C. and that D. this 18. I've just seen no more than one copy of Gone with the Wind in the bookshop opposite. Tom, go and buy_____ back. A. one B. any C. it D. some 19. -Do you have _____ at home now? -No, we still have to get scores of eggs and some vegetables. A. nothing B. everything C. anything D. something 20. Nancy is expecting another baby and hopes _____ will be a boy. A. he B. that C. it D. there 21. Surely it's _____ with the big nose you mean, not ____! A. he, I B. him, me C. him, I D. he, me 22. The temperature can fall to –30℃. _____ is,30°C below freezing point. A. Which B. It C. That D. This 23. -The exam was easy, wasn't it? -Yes, but I don' t think _____ could pass it. A. somebody B. everybody C. anybody D. nobody 24. Cut the apple into halves so that the twins may each get _____ half.
- 74 -
A. every B. each C. another D. either 25. _____ of us can do everything, but all of us can do _____ . A. None, something B. Some, everything C. Few, something D. Few, nothing 26. -May I help you with some gloves, sir? -Yes, I'd like to try those blue ____. A. one B. ones C. pair D. two 27. Of all my friends _____ will be able to persuade Tom to change his mind. He is so firm upon it. A. none B. nobody C. neither D. no one 28. -Is he content to accept our offered price? -Yes. He cares more about the quality. Money is _____ to him. A. everything B. anything C. nothing D. something 29. I have no idea which was better, so I took ____ of them. A. both B. none C. all D. any 30. You mustn't always do _____ as he asks you to do. He may be wrong sometimes. A. anything B. something C. nothing D. everything 31. I'm no painter, and to me, one painting is much like . A. another B. the other C. others D. one 32. I didn't want either of ____ hats and asked the salesman to show me_____. A. those, another B. two, the other C. all, the others D. both, others 33. The children were catching butterflies in the garden. Some caught a lot, and others caught _ at all. A. nothing B. none C. no one D. neither 34. Thank you very much indeed. That' s _____ of you. A. kindest B. most kind C. the kinder D. the most kind 35. Jack is a very likable fellow, but I've learned to take _____ he says with a grain of salt. A. something B. anything C. nothing D. everything 36. -I love you more than her, child. -You mean more than ____ love her or more than she loves ____? A. you, me B. I, you C. you, you D. I, me
二、高考题选： 1. Was it during the Second World War _____he died? (MET88) A．that B. while C. in which D. then 2. Is _____necessary to take off our shoes when we enter the lab? (MET88H) A．everyone B. this C. her D. it 3．Is _____possible to fly to the moon in a spaceship? (MET88) A．now B. that C. it D. man 4 ． His Parents wouldn't let him marry anyone _____family was poor．(MET88) A．of whom B. whom C. of whose D. whose
- 75 -
5．_____leaves the room last ought to turn off the light． (MET88) A．Anyone B. The person C. Whoever D. Who 6．_____writer is better known in China，Charcles Dickens or Mark Twain? (MET88) A．Which B. What C. Either D. Whether 7．---Have you seen Tom and Mary? ---I haven' t seen _____of them．(MET88) A．neither B. any C. either D. all 8．Is _____necessary to complete the design before National Day? (MET89) A．this B. that C. it D. he 9．All _____is needed is a supply of oil．(MET89) A．the thing B. that C. what D. which 10．His camera is more expensive than ______．(MET89) A．hers B. her C. it D. its 11．I don't think _____possible to master a foreign language without much memory work．(MET90) A．this B. that C. its D. it 12．______of them knew about the plan because it was kept in a secret．(MET90) A．Each B. Any C. No one D. None 13． paid the boy ￥10 for washing ten windows， He most of _____hadn't been cleaned for at least a year．(MET90) A．these B. those C. that D. which 14． Kate and her sister went to holiday with a cousin of _____． (MET90) A．their B. theirs C. her D. hers 15． invited Tom and Ann to dinner， _____of them came． I but (NMET91) A．neither B. both C. either D. none 16 ． She heard a terrible noise ， _____brought her heart into her mouth．(MET91) A．it B. which C. this D. that 17．We couldn't eat in a restaurant because _____of us had _____money on us．(MET91) A．all; no B. any; no C. none; any D. no one; any 18．These plants are watered _____．(NMET91) A．each other day B. every other day C. each of two days D. every of two days 19 ． Alice received an invitation from her boss ， _____came as a surprise．(NMET91) A．it B. that C. which D. he 20．Does _____matter if he can't finish the job on time? A．this B. that C. he D. it 21．Mr．Zhang gave the textbooks to all the pupils except _____who had already taken them．(MET92) A．the ones B. ones C. some D. the others 22．There're so many kinds of tape-recorders on sale that I can't make up my mind _____to buy． (MET92) A．what B. which C. how D. where 23．Although he's wealthy，he spends _____ on clothes．(NME792) A．little B. few C. a little D. a few 24．In the dark street，there wasn't a single person _____ she could turn for help．(MET92) A．that B. who C. from whom D. to whom 25． _____he said at the meeting astonished everybody present．(MET93) A．What B. That C. The fact D. The matter 26．---Would you like some wine? ---Yes，just _____．(MET93) A．little B．very little C．a little D．little bit 27．Tom's mother kept telling him that he should work harder，but _____didn't help．(MET93) A．he B．which C．she D．it
- 76 -
28．---Is _____here? ---No，Bob and Tim have asked for leave．(MET93) A．anybody B．somebody C ． everybody D．nobody 29．---Is your camera like Bill's and Ann's? ---No，but it's almost the same as _____．(NMET94) A．her B．yours C．them D．their 30．The weather turned out to be very good， _____was more than we could expect．(NMET94) A．what B．which C．that D．it 31．_____is a fact that English is being accepted as an international language．(NMET95) A．There B．This C．That D．It 32．They were very tired，but _____of them would stop to take a rest．(NMET95) A．any B．some C．none D．neither 33 ． I hope there are enough glasses for each guest to have _____．(NMET95) A．it B．those C．them D．one 34．---When shall we meet again? --Make it _____day you like; it's all the same to me．(NMET96) A．one B．any C．another D．some 35．Tom felt that he knew everybody's business better than they knew it _____．(NMET96 ) A．themselves B．oneself C ． itself D．himself 36 ． I agree with most of what you said ，but I don't agree with _____．(NMET97) A．everything B．anything C．something D．nothing 37．Sarah has read lots of stories by American writers，Now she would like to read_____stories by writers from _____ countries．(NMET97) A．some; any B．other; some C．some; other D．other; other 38．It was about 600 years ago _____ the first clock with a face and an hour hand was made．(NMET97) A．that B．until C．before D．when 39．I hate _____when people talk with their mouths full．(NMET98) A．it B．that C．these D．them 40． Black comes from either Oxford or Cambridge． can't remember Dr． I _____．(NMET98) A．where B．there C．which D．hat 41． Why do you want a new job _____you've got such a good one already? (NMET98) A．that B．where C．which D．when 42．It was only when I reread his poems recently _____I began to appreciate their beauty．(NMET98) A．until B．that C．then D．so 43． pleasures can equal _____of a cool drink on a hot day． Few (NMET99) A．some B．any C．that D．those 44． If you want to change for a double--room you'll have to pay _____$15．(NMET2000 ) A．another B．other C．more D．each 45．---Why don't we take a little break? ---Didn't we just have _____? (NMET2000) A．it B．that C．one D．this 46．It is the ability to do the job _____matters not where you come from or what you are．(NMET2000 ) A．one B．that C．what D．it 47．If this dictionary is not yours，_____can it be? (NMET2001) A．what else B．who else C．which else's D ． who else's 48． Many people have helped with canned food， however， food bank the needs _____for the poor．(2001 春招)
- 77 -
A．more B．much C．many D．most 49．The Parkers bought a new house but _____will need a lot of work before they can move in．(NMET2001) A．they B．it C．one D． which 50．---He was nearly drowned once.（2002 春招） ---When was _____? ---_____was in 1998 when he was in middle school. A. that; it B. this; this C. this; it D. that; this
十七：名 词 1. The ____ of the room were covered with ____. A. roofs, leafs B. roofs, leaves C. rooves, leafs D. rooves, leaves 2. There are three ____ in our factory. A. woman doctors B. women doctors C. woman doctor D. women doctor 3. Which do you prefer ____ or ____? A. potatos, tomatos B. potatos, tomatoes C. potatoes, tomatos D. potatoes, tomatoes 4. They are ____ of different presses(出版社). Now they are having a meeting in one of the ____ office. A. editor-in-chiefs, editors-in-chief’s B. editors-in-chief, editor-in-chief’s C. editors-in-chiefs, editor’s-in-chief’s D. editors-in-chief, editors-in-chief’s 5. The ant has two ____. A. stomaches B. stomacks C. stomach D. stomachs 6. He doesn’t like ____ for supper. A. chick B. chicken C. chickens D. chicks 7. It was ____ hot weather that many of us went swimming. A. so B. such C. so as D. such a 8. ____ wonderful space they saw on the room! A. How B. How a C. What D. What a 9. We know ____ travels not so fast as light. A. sound B. sounds C. the sounds D. a sound 10. My family raise a lot of ____, including two ____. A. cattle, cows B. cows, cattle C. cattles, cows D. cow, cattles 11. A number of soldiers ____ at he camp gate（军营门口）. A. have gathered B. has gathered C. is D. was 12. The Browns have spent a large ____ of money on their new car.
- 78 -
A. deal B. amount C. number D. size 13. ____ work has been done to improve the people’s living standard. A. Many B. A great many C. A great deal of D. A number of 14. Mr Li shook ____ warmly with a friend. A. hand B. a hand C. hands D. the hands 15. Two ____, please. A. coffee B. coffees C. cup of coffee D. cups coffee 16. I can’t pay as ____ as he asked for. A. high price a B. high price C. a high price D. high a price 17. ____ knowledge of space develops rapidly. A. Man’s B. Men’s C. Mens’ D. Person’s 18.I stayed at ____. A. Xiao Wang’s B. Wang’s home C. the Wangs D. home of Wang 19. Sister Carrie works in a ____ factory. A. shoes B. shoses C. shoe D. shoe’s 20. Have you ever read ____? A. today newspaper B. newspaper today C. newspaper of today D. today’s newspaper 21. Two ____ walk didn’t made me tired. A. hour B. hours C. hour’s D. hours’ 22. The mother over there is ____ mother. A. Julia and Mary B. Julia and Mary’s C. Julia’s and Mary’s D. Julia’s and Mary 23. Li Ming’s handwriting is better than ____ in the class. A. anyone’s B. anyone else C. anyone’s else’s D. anyone else’s 24. The children are playing ____ on the ____. A. sand, sand B. sands, sands C. sand, sands D. sands, sand 25. If these trousers are too big, buy a smaller ____. A. set B. one C. copy D. pair 26. Tom usually takes a ____ in bus on rainy days. A. walk B. ride C. trip D. travel 27. We have no ____ about where she has gone. A. information B. news C. message D. flash 28. Food and ____ are daily necessities（需要）for the people. A. cloth B. clothe C. clothes D. clothing 29. My ____ of hearing is not so good as it used to be. A. strength B. sense C. power D. skill 30. The ____ caused by carelessness ____ yesterday. Many workers were killed. A. incident, was happened B. matter, happened
- 79 -
C. event, was taken place D. accident, took place 31. The room was so quiet that she could hear the ____ of her heart. A. beating B. ways C. knocking D. striking 32. ____ has been told not to throw waste things anywhere. A. The public B. People C. Women D. Man 33. He was an ____ in the government ____. A. office, official B. official, office C. officer, office D. official, officer 34. There are several ____ in this novel who are different in ____. A. character, character B. characters, characters C. character, characters D. characters, character 35. We visited him ____ when he was in hospital. A. every other days B. each other day C. every other day D. every two day 36. My friend will return in ____. A. one day or two B. a day or two C. one day or two D. a or two days 37. ____ is always difficult for me. A. Translation B. Translate C. The translation D. A translation 38. ____ of this novel is excellent, quite to my surprise. A. Translation B. Translate C. The translation D. A translation 39. The police ____ looking into the matter now. A. be B. is C. are D. are going to 40. The Chinese are ____ brave and hard working people. A. the B. a C. / D. one 41. No news ____ good news. A. is B. are C. have D. has 42. Maths still ____ very difficult for me, though I have done my best. A. looks B. seems C. is D. are 43. “Where ____ my trousers?” the boy asked. A. is B. was C. were D. are 44. How happy they are! Obviously, they are ____. A. in nice spirits B. in nice spirit C. in high spirits D. in high spirit 45. I saw many ____ seated in the corner reading something. A. Japanese B. Japaneses C. of Japanese D. of Japaneses 46. Father went to his doctor for ____ about his heart trouble. A. an advice B. advice C. advices D. the advices 47. We are ____ and they are ____. A. Englishmen,
- 80 -
Germans B. Englishmen, German C. Englishmans, Germans D. Englishmen, Germen 48. ____ are made of ____. A. A glass, a glass B. Glasses, glass C. The glass, the glass D. Glasses, glasses 49. I’ll have to buy ____ trousers. A. a B. two C. a pair of D. a couple of 50. There are two ____ in our class. A. Liu B. Lius C. Liu’s D. Lius’ 51. ____ is needed in cold countries. A. A lot of clothes B. Much clothing C. Many a cloth D. Lots of clothes 52. They are ____. A. mathematics student B. mathematic students C. students in mathematics D. mathematics students 53. The laboratory assistant recorded the ____ reactions（反应）. A. mouses’ B. mice C. mices’ D. mice’s 54. This letter was sent by ____. A. my father friend B. my father friend’s C. a friend of my father’s D. a friend of my father 55. Ten years had passed. I found she had ____. A. a little white hair B. some white hair C. a few white hair D. a few white hairs 56. I have made ____ with Billy. A. friends B. friend C. a friend D. the friend 57. The population of Beijing is ____ than that of Xi’an. A. more B. larger C. fewer D. small 58. There are thirty-two ____ in our school. A. woman teacher B. women teacher C. women teachers D. woman teachers 59. He had tried everything but it made little______ . A. use B. good C. difference D. result 60. You must get there within half an hour. There should be no______ in sending the blood to the dying man. A. wait B. delay C. time D. hurry 61. Enough of it! Nobody here thinks what you are saying should make any______ . A. excuse B. sense C. use D. value 62. -How dare you play on such thin ice? -Playing on ice is not my ______of spare time. A. idea B. thought C. mind D. intention
- 81 -
63. Helen said she would like to go to Atlanta by air, but I wonder if she has enough money to pay for the______ . A. travel B. tourism C. journey D. course 64. One splendid mountain______ followed another during our journey from Mieheel more to Rurunz. A. view B. glance C. screen D. scene 65.The new law will come into ___on the day it is passed. (1999 上海) A. effect B. use C. service D. existence 66. When you play' football, what ______do you play? A. situation B. place C. part D. position 67. It's important for us to employ a word or a phrase according to the______in language studies. A. situation B. expression C. condition D. translation 68. I wrote him a letter to show my ______of his thoughtfulness. A. achievement B. agreement C. view D. appreciation 69. One of the advantages of living on the top floor of a high-rise is that you can get a good______ . A. sight B. scene C. view D. look 70. Nowadays natural gas, wind and other forms of ______are widely used in the country. A. energy B. force C. power D. materials 71. ______with foreign countries can bring us much information about the world. A. Contrast B. Competition C. Contact D. Combination 72. We all know that______speak louder than words. A. movements B. performances C. operations D. actions 73.We have worked out the plan and now we must put it into ___.(NMET1997 38) A. fact B. reality C. practice D. deed 74.We've missed the last bus. I'm afraid we have no ____but to take a taxi.(Met 1993 ,33) A. way B. choice C. possibility D. selection 75.He dropped the ___and broke it . (Met 1993, 38) A. cup of coffee B. coffee's cup C. cup for coffee D. coffee cup
- 82 -
76.Here's my card. Let's keep in ____. (NMET1994 ,33) A. touch B. relation C. connection D. friendship 77.He gained his ___by printing ___of famous writers.(NMET1995,40) A. wealth; work B. wealths ; works C. wealths; work D. wealth; works 78.I'll look into the matter as soon as possible , just have a little ___.(MET 1996 ,10) A. wait B. time C. patience D. rest 79.If by any chance someone comes to see me, ask them to leave a ____.(NMET1997,18) A. message B. letter C. sentence D. notice 80.These football players had no strict ___until they joined our club. (1997.上海 20) A. practice B. education C. exercise D. training 81.Many countries are increasing their use of natural gas, wind and other forms of ___.(1996.上海.15) A. energy B. source C. power D. material 82.You'll find this map of great __in helping you to get round London.(NMET 1998 21) A. price B. cost C. value D. usefulness 83.We all know that ___speak louder than words.(1999.上海 24) A. movements B. performances C. operations D. actions 84.My parents always let me have my own ____of living. (1999.上海 25) A. way B. method C. manner D. fashion
十八：数 1. Two __died of cold last winter. A. hundreds old people C. hundreds old peoples 2. He was only in__ at the time. A. his 20's B. the 20's
B. hundred old people D. hundred old peoples
C. his twenties
D. the twenties
- 83 -
3. The two great men wrote those letters in__ . A. 1870's B. 1879s C. the 1870's D. the 1870
4. I wonder if I can ask him__ time. A. four B. fourth C. the fourth D. a fourth
5. He came out__ in the track events. A. first B. one C. the first D. the one
6. It was in 1939 that __broke out. A. World War Second World War B. the World War Second C. Second
D. World War II
7. You'll have to spend __writing your report here. A. one day or two days D. two days or one 8. He cut the cake__ . A. in halves B. in half C. into halves D. into half B. one day or two C. a day or two
9. The earth is nearly__ the moon. A. 50 time the size of as D. 50 times as that of 10. Either you or the headmaster __the prizes for these gifted students at the meeting. A. is handing in to hand out 11. __of the population here are peasants.
- 84 -
B. 50 times the size of C. 50 times as size
B. are to hand out
C. are handing in
A. 20 percents percents
B. 20 percent
C. the 20 percent D. the 20
12. It's about__ , the thickness of a human hair. A. two-fifteenth fifteens 13. The price of such material was reduced__ . A. by 18 percent B. to 18 percent percent 14. South of the equator, 81 percent of the surface of the earth__ water. A. is B. are C. was D. were C. at 18 percent D. for 18 B. two-fifteenths C. two fifteen D. two
15. They sold __boxes of such sweets last week. A. four dozen dozen of 16. It took me __ days to finish drawing a beautiful horse. A. a half dozen B. half a dozen C. haft dozens D. half dozen B. four dozens C. four dozens of D. four
17.__people were sent there to help fight against the flood. A. Three scores of scores 18. Don't leave you work,__ . A. done half B. half done C. a half done D. done a half B. Three score of C. Three score D. Three
19. Nobody can do two things well __ . A. at one time B. at once
- 85 -
C. one time
20. He has__ books in his study. A. several thousands B. some thousands of C. some thousands D. some thousand of 21. On National day__ people take part in all kinds of celebration. A. hundreds of millions of C. hundreds millions of 22. He has lived at__ for 30 years. A. No. 101 Heping Street 101 D. Heping street No. 101 23. You can find him in__ . A. Room 201 Room 24. It's__ walk from here to my school. A. two - hours hour 25. It was in__ when he was already in ___ that he went to Yan'an. A. the 1940s, the 40s D. the 1940's, his 40s 26. He went to the market and bought __eggs and some meat. A. three dozen of B. three dozen dozens of 27.Shortly after the accident two ___police were sent to the spot to keep
- 86 -
B. millions of hundred of D. millions hundreds of
B. 101 Heping Street
C. Heping Street
C. the Room 20
D. the 201
B. two hours
C. two - hour
D. a two -
B. the 1940s, his forties C. 1940's, his forties
C. three dozens
order. A. dozen of (MET92 29) 28.Mr Smith ___me to buy several __eggs for the dinner. A. asked, dozen B. suggested, dozens of C. had, dozen D. B. dozens C. dozen D. dozens of
persuaded, dozens of ('94 上海) 29.____of the land in that district ___covered with trees and grass. A. Two fifth, is fifths, are (2000 上海) 30.Two ___died of cold last winter. A. hundreds old people C. hundred old peoples B. hundred old people D. hundred old peoples ('88MET.15) B. Two fifth, are C. Two fifths , is D. Two
31.It is not rare in ___that people in ____fifties are going to university for further education. A.90s,the their ('99 上海 6) 32.-Have you seen many sheep in the distance ? A. thousand of them C. two thousand of them -Yes, ___. B. the 90s, / C.90s, their D. the 90s,
B. two thousands of them D. two thousand them
- 87 -
练习（一） 1. In America, ____ car is ____ popular means of transportation（交通设 施）. A. the, the B. a, the C. the, / D. the, a 2. ---- What happened? ---- They left in such ____ hurry that they forgot to lock ____ door. A. a, a B. a, the C. /, the D. /, a 3. There were two small rooms in the house, ____ smaller of which served as ____ kitchen. A. a, the B. the, a C. the, the D. a, a 4. I ordered ____ book some time ago. ____ book has arrived. A. a, The B. the, A C. a, A D. /, The 5. Mr Smith is ____ European and his wife is ____ American. A. an, an B. a, a C. a, an D. an, a 6. Lesson 10 is ____ most difficult lesson, but it isn’t ____ most difficult lesson in Book One. A. a, a B. a, the C. the, the D. the, a 7. My sister works in a factory. She goes home once ____ month. A. a B. an C. the D. every 8. He was absent because he had caught ____. A. heavy a cold B. the heavy cold C. a heavy cold D. heavy cold 9. ____ water is ____ liquid. A. The, a B. A, a C. /, / D. /, a 10. In winter ____ people often hang up wet clothes near ____ fire. A. /, / B. a, a C. /, a D. the, a 11. He has tried twice, and the captain asks him to have ____ third try. A. a B. the C. another D. other 12. He was a top student in the class, he often got ____ in English. A. first B. a first C. second D. the second 13. ____ horse is ____ useful animal. A. The, theB. The, a C. The, anD. /, a 14. Tom left Shanghai in ____. A. the summer 1995 B. summer 1995 C. 1995 the summer D. the summer of 1995 15. ____ children here live ____ most happy life. A. The, theB. The, a C. The, / D. /, the 16. The soldier died during ____ World War I. A. the B. the first C. / D. a 17. In ____ Marx began to learn Russian. A. a 1870 B. 1870s C. the year of 1870 D. the 1870s 18. Alice is ____ of the two girls. A. taller B. the tall C. more tall D. the taller 19. ---- Can your sister play ____? ---- No, but she can play ____. A. the tennis, the piano B. tennis, piano C. the tennis, piano D. tennis, the piano 20. The introduction is always in ____ of a book. A. front B. the front C. a front D. instead 21. She touched her daughter gently ____ shoulder. A. in her B. on her C. in the D. on the 22. Both ____ wounded and ____ sick were sent to safety. A. /, / B. the, the C. /, the D. the, / 23. ____ doctors and ____ nurses should care for their patients. A. The, the B. /, / C. The, / D. /, the 24. Tell us the story as ____ Mother told you. A. a B. the C. an D. / 25. Do you know how long ____ has lived on the earth? A. man B. the man C. a man D. men
- 88 -
26. The man was once thrown into ____ prison for robbing the bank. A. a B. an C. the D./ 27. ____ Mount Tai is in the east of China. A. A B. The C. / D. That 28. I like ____ history. I am studying ____ history of China. A. the, / B. /, the C. a, / D. /, a 29. He wrote a letter ____ pencil. A. with B. in C. in a D. use a 30. On October 1, the Chinese people celebrated ____ with new achievements and victories. A. National Day B. the National Day C. our National Day D. a National Day 练习（二） 1. ---You mean you know the man? ---I know________ man exactly like him. A. other B. the C. / D. a 2. Wouldn't it be_________ wonderful world if all nations live in ________peace with one another? A. a, / B. the, / C. a, the D. the, the 3. ---I hear that as many as 1,500 people were killed in the earthquake. ---Yes, ________ news came as ________ shock to us. A. a, a B. the, a C. /, / D. /, a 4. At midnight they reached ________ small village ________ east of ______ Everwhite Mountain. A. a,/, the B. a,/, / C. the, the, the D. the, an, an 5. Nanjing lies on ________ Changjiang River and has ________ population of more than four million. A. the, the B. the, / C. the, a D. /, a 6. Bill Clinton took ________ office on January 20th, 1993 and left ________ office on January 20th, 2001. A. /, / B. his, his C. the, the D. an, his 7. We learn to go all out to work for ____ good of ____ society. A. the, / B. /, / C. /, a D. the, the 8. Paris is ____ most beautiful city, where you can see ____ famous Eiffel Tower. A. a, the B. a, / C. the, a D. the, the 9. ---What about ____ bike? ---Do you think it all right to buy him ____ bike as ____ birthday present? A. the, the, the B. a, the, a C. the, a, the D. the, the, a 10. He had decided to give it up, but on ____ second thoughts he decided to try ____ third time. A. the, a B. /, / C. a, a D. /, a 11. Towards ____ morning, ____ heavy rain began to fall. A. the, a B. a, a C. the, / D. the, / 12. ---Excuse me, where are ____ books for biology? ---Follow me. They' re on this shelf. Do you want ____ new or used book? A. a, a B. a, the C. the, a D. the, the 13. Young as he is, David has gained ____ rich experience in ____ society. A. /, / B. the, the C. a, / D./, the 14. ---My son is lost. Did you see a boy passing by? ---I saw ____ boy hidden behind ____ tree over there. You may go and have a look. A. a, a B. the, the C. a, the D. the, a 15. Mary climbed to the top of the mountain in ____ hurry, looked down and found in ____ surprise that ____ whole town took on a new look.
- 89 -
A. a, the, the B. a,/,the C. /,/,the D. /,/,a 16. In ____ old society many young women died by so curious and cruel ____ custom. A. an, a B. /, the C. the, a D. the, / 17. ---You' re sure to help me find ____ bed for my new house? ---Sure, but not now. I'm heading for ____ bed and a good sleep. A. a, a B. the, a C. a, / D. the, / 18. The wheel is thought to be _____ first invention of _____ transportation. A. the, the B. a, a C. a, / D. the, / 19. Some people say that ____ British are _____ funny people. A. the, a B. /, the C. /, / D. the, / 20. Don' t worry about _____ mistakes. They' re _____ natural part of learning. A. /, a B. the, / C. /, the D. the, the 21. ---Selma looks especially pretty tonight. ---Yes, she always looks her best in _____ of that kind. A. the dress B. a dress C. dress D. the dresses 22. --- _____did you think of the exhibition? ---Oh, it was ____ success. A. How, really a B. What, great C. How, / D. What, quite a 23. The child had only _____ slight temperature, but the doctor regarded _____ illness as serious enough for ____ hospital treatment. A. /,/,the B. a,/,/ C. a, the,/ D. /,the, the 24. ---Did you have ____ wonderful time yesterday? ---Yes. I was on _____ top of _____ world. A. /, the, a B. a, /, the C. a, a, the D. a, the, the 25. I don' t usually have _____ breakfast, but I always eat _____ good lunch. A. /, / B. /, a C. the, / D. /, the 26. ---I hear there'll be ____ talk on English study tomorrow morning. ---Do you mean ____ speech our teacher asked us to listen to? A. a, the B. the, a C. the, the D. a, a 27. Mr. Stock runs _____ small business, who is in ____ Mexico on business. A. a, a B. /, / C. a, the D. a, / 28. Although _____ motor car has been with us for almost a century, I have never been able to drive_____ American one. A. a, the B. a, / C. the, an D. the, the 29. Xi'an was _____ starting point of _____ world-famous Silk Road. A. /, / B. a, a C. the, / D. the, the 30. ---What does "on _____one hand…on _____other" means? ---What_____great fun! You're asking me such a simple question. A. the, the, / B. the, the, a C. /, the, a D. /, the, / 31. Alexander Gramha Bell invented ____telephone in 1876. (MET1991) A./; B. a C. the D. one 32.After watching ____TV, she played ____violin for an hour. A./;/ B. the ; the C. the; / D./;the （ MET1991 11） 33. ---Where's jack ? ---I think he's still _____in bed, but he might just be in ____bathroom. A./; / B. the; the C. the; / D./; the （ MET1992 36） 34.Many people are still in ___habit of writing silly things in ___public places. A. the ; the B./; / C. the; / D./; the （MET 1993 19） 35.She is ___newcomer to ___chemistry but she has already made some important discoveries.
- 90 -
A. the; the B. the ; / C. a; / D. a ; the （NMET1994 20） 36.Wouldn't it be ___wonderful world if all nations lived in ___peace with one another? A. a; / B. the; / C. a; the D. the; the （NMET1994 23） 37.Many people agree that ___knowledge of English is a must in __international trade today. A. a; / B. the; an C. the; the D./;the （NMET 1996 13） 38. Paper money was in ___use in China when Marco Polo visited the country in ___thirteenth century. A. the ; / B. the; the C./; the D./; /（NMET 1999 8） 39.It is not true in ___that people in ___fifties are going to university for further education . A.90s; their B. the 90s; / C.90s; / D. the 90s; their（1999.上海 6） 40.Most animals have little connection with ____animals of ___different kind unless they kill them for food. A. the; a B./; a C. the ; the D./; the (NMET2000 10) 41.---Have you seen ___pen ? I left it here this morning. ---Is it ___black one ?I think I saw it somewhere.(NMET1997 7) A. a; the B. the; the C. the ; a D. a; a 42.Summers in ___ south of France are for ___most part dry and sunny. A./; a B. the; / C./; / D. the ; the (2000. 春招 8) 43.I don't like talking on ____ telephone; I prefer writing _____letters.(2002 春招 26) A. a; the B. the ;不填 C. the; the D. was killing 44.Jumping out of ___airplane at ten thousand feet is quite ____exciting experience.(NMET 2002,26) A./;the B./;an C. an; an D. the; the 45. ---I don't like_____New York at all. ---But this isn't_____ New York you remember. A. the, the B. /, the C. the, / D. /, a
二十：介 词 1. The teacher is writing ____ a piece of chalk on the blackboard while the students are writing ____ink in exercise books. A. with, in B. in, with C. in, in D. with, with 2. The worker can make chairs ____ wood, and also can make paper ____ wood. A. from, of B. of, from C. of. of D. from, from 3. Mary dropped in ____ Mr Smith, but he wasn' t at home, so she went to drop in ____ Mr Smith's office. A. on, on B. at, at C. on. at D. at. on 4. The teacher is not only strict ____ his pupils but also strict ____ his own work.
- 91 -
A. with, with B.in,in C. in, with D. with, in 5. His grandfather died ____ the wound that the enemy soldier had given him .and then his grandmother died ____ hungry and cold. A.from,of B.of,from C.from,from D.of.of 6. If you run ____ two hares you will catch neither. A.into B.after C.off D. out of 7. This is a common mistake ____ students. A. between B.over C. among D. about 8. My father began to work ____ a bus driver when he was twenty years old. A.for B.to C.at D.as 9. _____ hearing the news, I was wild ____ joy. A. At, in B. On, with C. After, by D. /, over 10.I don' t think Xiao Li is ____ the other students ____ mathematics. A. after, on B. after, with C. behind, in D. behind, at 11. Nobody knows it ____ me. A. except for B. except that C. besides D. but 12. The window is never opened ____ in summer. A. but B. except C. except for D. but for 13. It happened ____ the Long March. A. during B.in C.at D.for 14. We go to school ____ a bike. A.in B.on C.by D.ove 15. It's very kind____ you to repair the bike ____ me. A.for.for B.of,of C.of,for D.for,of 16. Fresh air is good ____ your health. A.at B.for C.of D.to 17.The boy is waiting ____ his sister and they will go to the hospital to wait ____ their sick mother. A.for,on B.on,for C.for,for D.on.on 18.The group is made up____five students. And they are studying hard to make up____ the lost time. A.of,of B.for,for C.of,for D.for,of 19.The PLA man saved the boy ____ death. A. of B.from C.to D.on 20. He will come ____ three days. A.before B.after C. in D. later 21. He went to Beijing and returned ____ three days. A. in B. before C. later D. after
- 92 -
22. He will return____ three o'clock. A.after B.in C.on D.at 23. He wrote the article ____ three days. A.at B.in C.on D.by 24.I agree ____ what you said. A.to B.on C.with D.at 25. Do you agree____ this plan (arrangement)? A.at B.with C.on D.to 26. Finally they agreed ____ the terms of the contract. A.on C.with D.at 27. Do you often hear____ your brother? A. of B. from out of D. about 28.1 heard ____ the book long ago, but I have never read it.
A. out B.from C.of D.with 29. The plane flew ____ the city. A. across B.past C. through D.over 30. We walked ____ the Tian An Men Square to the Museum of Chinese History. A. across B. through C.by D.past 31.I was wandering ____ the streets when I caught sight of a tailor's shop. A. across B. through C.by D.past 32. Our bus drove ____ the Great Hall of the People. A. across B. through C. past D.over 33. ____ the sun, nothing would grow. A. For B.With C. Under D. Without 34. The teacher is busy ____ teaching. A.with B.for C.on D.of 35. The teacher is busy ____ correcting papers. A. for B.in C.on D.of 36. We left Xi' an _.___ a very hot summer afternoon. A. on B.in C. during D.by 37. She felt disappointed when she found out they had gone swimming____ her. A. but B. except C. except for D. without 38. His teacher was angry ____ him ____ his being late. A.at,with B.at,for C.with,for
- 93 -
D.with,about 39. My father was disappointed ____ the news. A. by B. about C. at D. on 40. Mr Wang went to Nanjing ____ October,1998 and came back home ____ the morning of Nov. 5. A.at;in B.on;at C.in;on D.by;from 41 .My uncle lives ____ 105 Huanghe Street. His room is ____ the fifth floor. A.at;on B.td;at C.on;in D.of;to 42. I don't think you can work out the maths problem ____ the teacher's help. A. since B. unless C. because D. without 43. He is running ____ the wind towards the east of the station ____ Tom is running ____ the right. A. down; and; on B. against; while; on C.for;with;in D. with; while; to 44. In Hangzhou Mr Green was so struck ____ the beauty of nature that he stayed ____ another night. A.at;on B.with;at C.for;in D.by;for 45. Many people are still ____ the habit of writing silly things ____ public places. A.at;at B.in;in C.into;of D.during;at 46. - Do you go there ____ bus? - No, we go there ____ a train. A. in; on B.on;on C.by;in D.by; with 47. I made the coat ____ my own hands. It was made ____ hand, not with a machine. A. in; in B.in; with C. with; by D. with; with 48. The trees ____ front of the house are ____ the charge of Old Li. A. in; in B. at; in C. in; by D. from; in 49. The old man died ____ cold ____ a cold night. A. from; at B.of;in C.of;on D. for; during 50. Does John know any other foreign languages ____ French? A. except B. but C. besides D. beside 51. He looked quite healthy ____ he was ____ the age of seventy. A. when; at B. because; in C. if; for D. though; at 52. - How long has the bookshop been in business? -____1982. A. After B.In C.From D.Since 53. Did you have any trouble ____ the post office? A. to have found B. with finding C. to find D. in finding 54.To tell you the truth, I have nothing to do ____ it. A.about B.with C.for D.of 55. Something must be done to prevent our city ____ by thick smoke.
- 94 -
A. to be polluted B. from polluting C. from being polluted D. polluting 56.____ the students likes the paintings. Which is wrong? A. The teacher as well as B. Nobody but C. The teacher besides D. All except 57. Henry,____ Mary and Tom, is coming to China for a visit. Which is wrong? A. together with B. like C. and not D. but in addition to 58. Taiwan is ____ the east of Fujian. A. in B.at C.to D.on 59. His father will be back from London ____ a few days. A.since B.in C.on D.after 60. We offered him our congratulations ____ his passing the college entrance exams. A.at B.on C.for D.of 61 .The word "write" has the same pronunciation ____ the word "right". A. of B.as C.to D.from 62. The train leaves ____ 6: 00 p. m. So I have to be at the station ____ 5:40 p. m. at the latest. A. at; until B. for; after C.at;by D. before; around 63. Go ____ the gate and you' 11 find the entrance ____ the park ____ the other side. A. through; to; on B. along ;of; on C. down; to; at D. up; of; by 64. One ____ five will have the chance to join in the game. A. within B. among C. in D. from 65. Because of her devotion _____ music, she has become friendly with Mr. Zhang. A. in B. to C. with D. on 66. What idea can a man who is blind from birth have_____ color? A. in B. / C. with D. of 67. Some people say that we live _____ the age of computers. A. in B. at C. with D. for 68. ---May I attend your lecture, Mr. Green? ---Welcome _____ open arms. A. with B. by C. in D. for 69. _____ defeated, they didn't lose heart. A. In spite of B. Except for C. Though D. Until
- 95 -
70. I saw Jack yesterday. He told me that he would stay here _____ the end of this year. A. at B. by C. for D. till 71.The train leaves at 6:00 p.m. So I have to be at the station ____5:40p.m.at the latest. A. until B. after C. by D. around ('97NMET 11) 72. The boy ought to have gone to school ___, but he slept ___noon. A. in the morning, at B. that morning, at C. in that morning, until D. that morning, until ('93 上海) 73. The doctor will be free ____. A. 10 minutes later B. after ten minutes C. in ten minutes D. 10 minutes after('92MET. 20) 74. _____most students, she was always well prepared and never came to class late. A. Like B. As C. For D. To ('98上海高考题 2) 75. Let's walk over ___the shop on the other side of the street. A. in B. to C. under D. by ('93上 海) 76. The number of the employees has grown from 1,000 to 1,200. This means it has risen ____20 percent. A . by B. at C. to D. with ('99 上海高考) 77. ____production up by 60%, the company has had another excellent year. A. . As B. For C. With D. Through (2000NMET. 18) 78. Does John know any other foreign language ___French? A. except B. but C. besides D. beside ('89MET. 13) 79. I know nothing about the young lady ___she is from Beijing. A. except B. except for C. except that D. besides (2000 上海高考13) 80. ---You are so lucky. ---What do you mean ____that? (2002年 春招) A. for B. in C. of D. by
二十一：连 词 1 .He is very old,____ he still works very hard.
- 96 -
C.when D.as 2. ____ you are dismissed. A. Neither you go nor B. Either you go or C. Whether you go or D. Both you go and 3. They had camped once before, ____ they knew what to take. A. because B. now C. so D. since 4. Why these things happened was ____ the driver had been careless. A. because of B. owing to C. due to D. that 5. Although, it's raining, ____are still working in the fields. A. they B. but they C. and they D. so they 6.___we have satisfied you, you have no grounds of complaint. A. So B. Since that C. Now that D. By now. 7. Write clearly ____ your teacher can understand .you correctly. A. since B. for C. because D. so that 8.You'll miss the train ____ you hurry up. A. unless B. as C. if D. until 9. Francis did the task____ his brother. A. as good as B. as better as C. as well as D. as best as 10.The size of the audience,____ we had expected, was well over twenty thousand. A. as B. what C. that D. whom 11.I thought he hated the TV .You are right,____ he still watches the program. A. yet B. besides C. also D. then 12. It looks ____ it's going to rain. A. that B. as C. as if D. like that 13.____ to New York, her father has not heard from her. A. Because she went B. After she went C. When she went D. Since she went 14.___he daydreamed, Peter saw figures in the sky. A. Until B. Since C. While D. During 15. We arrived at the station ____ the train had left. A. after B. before C. since D. when 16.____ he was in poor health, he worked just as hard as everyone else. A. But B. Although C. Even if D. If
- 97 -
17. Give me one more minute ____ I'll have finished. A. so B. until C. and D. when 18. The worker hunted for jobs in New York for months,____ he could not find any work. A. and B. yet C. or D. and but 19. Hurry up, ____ you'll be late. A. or B. and C. so D. yet 20. Do not make the same mistake ____ I did. A. so B. as C. like D. that 21. My sister is expecting me,____ I must be off now. A. however B. or C. so D. otherwise 22. We should pay attention ____ to industry ____ to agriculture. A. either, or B. neither, nor C. not, but D. both, and 23. He ran off____ I could stop him. A. before B. after C. since D. when 24.____ you told me, I had heard nothing of what happened. A. Till B. Until C. After D. Since 25. Where have you been ____ you left home? A. before B. as C. since D. when 26.____ the problem of method is solved, talking about the task is useless. A. Until B. Since C. After D. Unless 27. We have produced 15% more cotton this year____ we did last year. A. as B. than C. like D. white 28.It is late; ____, I'm too tired to go out. A. besides B. except C. except for D. except that 29. Everything around us is ____ solid ..liquid ____ gas. A. not .. .but... B. either.. .or... C. neither.. .nor... D. whether.. .or... 30. He will come ____ you ask him. A. whether B. unless C. if D. while 31.____ he will come or not is still unknown. A. If B. Where C. That D. Whether 32.I don' t know ____ to stay at home or go out. A. whether B. if
- 98 -
C. how D. where 33. He spoke loudly ____ the audience could hear him clearly. A. so B. that C. so that D. in order to 34. The book is not easy.____ it's rather difficult. A. On the one hand B. On the contrary C. On the other hand D. On the other contrary 35. You must work hard,____ you will not learn English well. A. if B. whether C. otherwise D. unless 36. It rained heavily,____ the basketball match had to be put off. A. so that B. when C. otherwise D. therefore 37. We must do ____ the people want us to do.. A. whatever B. however C. wherever D. whenever 38. You are certainly right,____ others may say. A. what B. whatever C. that D. as 39.____ makes mistakes must correct them. A. Who B. What C. Whoever D. Whatever 40.I’ll discuss it with you ____ you like to come. A. when B. where C. whoever D. whenever 41.____ you work, you must always serve the people heart and soul. A. Wherever B. Whenever C. Where D. When 42.___you understand this rule, you will have no further difficulty. A. Once B. At once C. Only D. Only then 43.___ difficult the task may be, we must fulfil it this month. A. No matter how B. No matter what C. No matter when D. No matter where 44. We can surely overcome these difficulties _,___ we are closely united. A. so far as B. so long as C. as soon as D. as well as 45.___ I know he will stay here for half a year.
- 99 -
A. as soon as B. as long as C. so far as D. as well as 46. Please write me ____ you arrive in New York. A. as well as B. so long as C. as far as D. as soon as 47. That is not ____ I want. A. that B. why C. what D. whose 48. ___ he did it remains a secret. A. What B. Whom C. Which D. How 49. It is quite clear ____ he won't see us. A. what B. that C. why D. how 50. Would you tell me ____ way I should take? A. what B. that C. which D. whose 51. I am sure ____ you said is true. A. what B. that C. which D. who 52. The trouble is ____ we can not find such an expert. A. why B. that C. where D. / 53. It has not been decided ____ they will leave. A. why B. when C. which D. what 54. We shall go ____ you are ready. A. while B. as soon as C. as D. since 55. He will tell you about it ____ you get there. A. while B. as C. when D. / 56. Don't try to get off the bus ____ it has stopped. A. while B. as C. since D. before 57. I'll come and see you _____ I go to the countryside. A. while B. when . C. as soon as D. before 58. ___ he came to study in the university, he has made much progress in the study of English. A. While B. When C. Since D. After 59. Things have changed a lot ____ I wrote to you last time. A. when B. since C. as D. before
- 100 -
60. I can't use your pen, ___ there is no ink in it. A. for B. when C. if D. whether 61. I'd like to go swimming ____ the water is not too cold. A. for B. unless C. if D. whether 62. Difficulties are nothing ___ we are not afraid of them. A. for B. as C. if D. whether 63. The doctor will not perform the operation ___ it is absolutely necessary. A. when B. if C. for D. unless 64. Go back ___ you came from. A. until B. where C. which D. when 65. He lay ___ the grass was the thickest. A. where B. when C. that D. after 66. You will find friendly people ___ you go in China. A. where B. and C. wherever D. so 67. ___ it was already dark, they went on working in the fields. A. If B. Whether C. But D. Though 68. ___ he has finished writing the novel is unknown. A. If B. Whether C. When D. While 69. We'll go and see the patient ___we are busy. A. even if B. for C. if D. while 70. The museum is ___ far ____ it will take us half an hour to get there by bus. A. such... that B. as...as C. so...that D. so … as
- 101 -