（一）倒装句的意义 1、适应一定的语法结构的需要，主要是指疑问句句型结构的需要。 e.g. May I come in? Was the People’s Liberation Army founded in 1927? 2、为了强调某一部分，而把这部分放到句首，构成倒装。 e.g. Never have I been late for school
this term. So early did he come to school that no other students came. （二）倒装的使用情况 1、在 “there be” 结构里，there 是引导词，主语在 be 后。 e.g. There is a box on the table. 2、在疑问句中。 e.g. Is she singing in the classroom? What does your mother do? 3、在 here, there 等副词开头的某些句子里（要用一般现在时态） 。如果主语是人称代词，主 语和主要动词的词序不变。 （完全倒装） e.g. There goes the bell. Here is an apple for you. There she comes. 4、重复倒装句型，用在以 so, nor, neither 开头，表示谓语所述的情况也适用于另一个人或一 事物的肯定或否定句中。so 用于肯定句，表示“也一样” 、 “也这样” ；nor, neither 用于否定 句，表示“同样也不，也不这样” 。 e.g. I am watching TV. So is she. My parents didn’t watch TV last night. Neither (Nor) did I.
5、直接引语的全部或一部分放在句首时，主句中的主谓也常直接倒装。 （完全倒装） e.g. “Very well,” said the French student. “Bring me two eggs and a cup of tea, please.” said he. 6、在以 never, little, hardly, not only, few, not, seldom 等否定副词开头的句子中，采用部分倒 装。如不放在句首就不要倒装。 e.g. Little did he say at the meeting. Never shall I forget the day when I joined the Army. 比较：I shall never forget the day when I joined the Army. 7、用于以 only 所修饰的副词、介词短语或状语从句的句子中。 e.g. Only when the war was over in 1918 was he able to get happily back to wrk. Only in this way can we learn English well. 注意：如果 only 后的词组不是状语，不需倒装。 e.g. Only Wang Lili knows this. 8、为了表达生动，有时把表地点、方位的副词，如 up, down, out, away, in 等放在句首，同 时把谓语动词放在主语之前。若主语为人称代词，主语和谓语动词的位置不变，只将副词放 在句首。 （完全倒装） e.g. Away hurried the boy. Out rushed the girl. 9、在虚拟结构中，条件从句的谓语含有 were, had 和 should 这三个词是，可省去 if，将这 些词移至主语之前。 e.g. Had I time (= If I had time), I would go and help you. Were I you (= If I were you), I would go abroad. Should he come (=If he should come), tell him to ring me up. 10、as 引导让步状语从句时要倒装（形容词/ 副词/ 名词/ 动词 + as + 主语 + 谓语） 。
e.g. Proud as they are, they are afraid to see me. Child as he is, he seems to know everything.（child 前不加冠词） Hard as he worded, he made little progress. 11、用于某些表示祝愿的句子里。 e.g. May you succeed! Long live the People’s Republic of China! 12、So + 形容词、副词及 such 置于句首时要倒装。 So happy did he feel. 练习：倒装句 1. Not until I began to work ____ how much time I had wasted. A. didn’t I realize C. I didn’t realize B. did I realize D. I realized Such was me.
2. Only by practising a few hours every day ____ be able to master the language. A. you can C. you will 3. If you don’t go, neither ____. A. shall I B. do I C. I do D. I shall B. can you D. will you
4. No sooner ____ to the station ____ the train left. A. had I got, when C. had I got, than B. I had got, than D. did I get, when
5. ---- Your father is very strict with you. ---- ____. He never lets off a single mistake of ours A. So he is B. So is he C. He is so D. So does he
6. ____ today, he would get there by Sunday.
A. Would he leave B. Was he leaving C. Were he to leave D. If he leave 7. Never in my life ____ such a thing. A. I have heard or have seen B. have I heard or seen C. I have heard or seen D. did I hear or see 8. ---- Here ____! Where is Xiao Liu? ---- There ____. A. comes the bus, is he C. the bus comes, is he 9. ____ , I will not buy it. A. Much as do I like it B. As much I like it C. Much as I like it D. As I like it much 10. ---- I like football. I don’t like volleyball. ---- ____. A. So do I C. So it is with me B. Neither do I D. So is it with me B. comes the bus, he is D. the bus comes, he is
11._____ the expense, I _____ to Italy. A. If it were not, go C. Weren't it for, will go B. Were it not for, would go D. If it hadn t been, would have gone
12. So _____ in the darkness that he didn' t dare to move an inch. A. he was frightened C. frightened he was B. was he frightened D. frightened was he
13.—In modem times, girls like beautiful clothes. —Yes, _____ and boys. After all, our life has greatly improved. A. so do they; so do you C. so do they; so you do B. so they do; so you do D. so they do; so do you --- _____.
14.—You have an English class every day except Sunday.
A. So we have
B. So we do
C. So have we
D. So do we
15.1 wonder if your wife will go to the ball. If your wife _____, so _____ mine. A. does; will B.will; does C.will; would D.does; do
16. Only after I read the text over again _____ its main idea. A. that I knew B.did I knew C. 1 could know D. I did know
17.— You seem to have learned all the English words by heart. ---- _________. A.Sol do B.Sodol C. So I have 18. —I seldom watch TV, but listen to the radio a lot. A. So do I B. Neither do I C. I m the same
D. So have 1
D. So it is with me
19. So excited _____ that he couldn't say a word. A. he seemed B. did he seem C. was he seeming D. he did look
20. Jimmy was so nervous not a single word _____ down in the dictation. A. he wrote B. he was written C. did he write D. was he written
21. Little ______ when 1 took the trip where it would lead me. A. have I known C. do 1 know B. had I known D. did I know
22. —Have you ever seen anything like that before? — ____. A. No, I never have seen anything like that before B. No, never I have seen anything like that before C. No, never have 1 seen anything like that before D. No, I have seen anything like that before never 23. _____ , 1 would accept the invitation and go to the party.
A. Were I you
B. Was I you
C. Had I been you
D. Would 1 be you
24. You should work less _____. A. and neither should I C. and nor should I 25. _____ and caught the mouse. A. Up the cat jumped B. The cat up jumped C. Up jumped the cat D. Jumped up the cat 26. Not only _____ a promise, but also he kept it. A. did he make B. he made C. does he make D. has he made B. and so should I D. and so I should
27. His uncle is a worker and has been working in the factory for more than ten years. _____. A. So is his aunt B. So has his aunt C. So his aunt does D. So it is with his aunt 28. Not once _____ their plan. A. did they change B. they changed C. changed they D. they did change
29.—Do you know Jim quarreled with his brother? —I don't know, and ______ . A. nor don't I care B. nor do I care C. I don't care neither D. I don't care also 30. Not until he arrived home _____ he find that this wallet had been stolen. A. did B. would C. when D. that
31. —This is one of the oldest trees in the world. — _____ such a big tree. A. Never I have seen C. Never have I seen B. I haven't never seen D. I have seen never
32. Nowhere else in the world _____ cheaper tailoring（裁缝业, 成衣业）than in Hong Kong.
A. a tourist can find B. can a tourist find C. a tourist will find D. a tourist has found 33. _____ succeed in doing anything. A. Only by working hard we can C. Only we can by working hard 34. _____ that we all went out, lying in the sun. A. So fine was the weather C. The weather was so fine was 35. ____ a nice man ____ that we all believe him. A. So; did he seem C. Such; he seemed B. So; he seemed D. Such; did he seem B. So was the fine weather D. So the weather was tine B. By only working hard we can D. Only by working hard can we
36. —You seem to be an actor. —_____. I have played many parts in a lot of films. A. So do I 37. Not only B. So am I C. So I do D. So I am
____ working hard, but also ____ very polite.
A. the boy is; he is B. is the boy; he is C. the boy is; is he D. is the boy; is he 38. _____ , he never seems able to do the work beautifully. A. Try as he does B. As he tries C. Try as does he D. As try he does
39.—I cannot see the picture well from here. — _____. A. Neither can t I B. Neither I can C. I can't neither D. Neither can I
40.— You ought to have given them some advice — _____, but who cared what I asked? A. So ought you B. So 1 ought C. So it was D. So I did
41. So carelessly _____ that he almost killed himself. A. he drives B. does he drive C. did he drive D. he drove
42. Little _____ about his own health though he was very ill. A. he cared B. did he care C. he cares D. does he care
43. Well ____ know him and well ____ know me. A. I did; he did C. did I; did he B. did I; he did D. I did; did he
44. No sooner ____ they rushed out into the street. A. did they hear the news than C. had they heard the news than 45. Little wonder _____ up their hands in dismay. A. have some thrown C. thrown some have B. some have thrown D. have thrown some B. did they hear the news when D. had they heard the news when
46. _____ , he would have passed the exam. A. If he were to study B. If he studied hard C. Had he studied hard D. Should he study hard 47. We were lucky enough, for no sooner _____ home _____ it rained. A. we returned; and C.did we return; when B. we had returned; when D. had we returned; than
48. So little _____ agree on the plan that they could not settle their difference. A. did they B. do they C. they did D. they did not
49. _____ he realized it was too late to return home. A. No sooner it grew dark than C. It was not until dark that B. Hardly did it grow dark when D. It was until dark that
参考答案 1~5 BDACA 6~10 CBBCC 11~15 BDDBA 16~20 BADBC 21~25 DCABC 26~30 ADABA 31~35 CBDAD 36~40 DBADD 41~45 CBCCB 46~49 CDAC