牛津英语上海版高一下期第一课课文分析 A Trip to the Theatre 部分 小 节 A. 重点 单词： conductor orchestra audience 短语： an opera house, label …with… 单词： title probably phantom 短语： on the next page, in the end 句型： what ha
ppened to ……？ 短语： the Paris Opera House, Be born be cruel to sb, at first, save …from… stage singer (关于戏院的单词)
C. Reading D.
单词： horrible 短语： fall in love with, be shocked at, cry with joy, opera house, pull off At the end, take …to safety, burst in, can’t wait to do, 句型： The audience seemed to really enjoy that museum. Our holiday has been cancelled because of the bad weather. 单词： kidnap 短语： fell sorry for, one’s mind, release let sb do, wander moved talk about, force sb to do sth. Change
A. Grammar B. A. 单词： brief 短语： take notes,
动名词做主语 动名词做宾语 figure abbreviation under the direction of symbol pianist Central Music Conservatory
单词: summarize promote 短语： encourage sb to do sth at the start make sure stop …from… Sum up come up with present sth to student choirs
C. A. More Reading B. 单词: originally cellist unique 短语： lift into the air be used for doing sth Bring back to life preserve an elevated road drown out
句型： 1. Moving old buildings like the Shanghai Concert Hall can be very expensive. 2. He couldn’t hear his mother calling because the music was so loud that it was impossible to hear her voice.
课文分析： The Phantom of the Opera 【歌剧魅影】 成就： The Phantom of the Opera is a Broadway music drama compo sited by Andrew Lloyd Webber(安德鲁· 洛伊· 韦伯). Its original form was written by Gaston Leroux(加斯通· 勒鲁). It was first performed in 1986, and then in 1988 it was awarded seven Tony Awards(托尼奖), one of the greatest musicals in history. Now there have been 16 different versions around the globe. could be seen as a work that reflects the charm of postmodernism. First of all, it successfully adapted the original novel: it not only kept the original style but also made it more suitable for stage performance so that promoted the watching enjoying. Secondly, the crafty “drama in the drama” set the audience wander between the reality and the transience(顷刻;稍纵即逝), especially the scene in which the actors ran after the phantom was absolutely fantastic. All through the opera echoed the voice of the phantom, on and down the stage, and from all directions, which made audience feel being there. It’s really a great design! 【故事情节】 In a theatre lives a mysterious person, who is called the phantom. He is a musical genius and can control the operation of the theatre. There is a dancing girl named Christine that he has loved for a long time. However, nobody has seen the phantom, even Christine. With the help of the angel of music in Christine’s mind, she can sing well since she was a little girl. One day, there comes a new investor and a new owner of the theatre. Surprisingly, Christine finds that the new investor was her childhood-sweetheart, Raoul. And the phantom catches the chance to replace the original soprano（女高音） by Christine. Then, the story begins. 【language points】: 1. Read this short story adapted from the novel. == which is adapted from… Adapt: ? 1. 改编 Vt. ? This novel has been adapted for radio from the Russian original. ? 他们把哈利波特系列书改编成电影并且取得了巨大成功。 ? They adapted the Harry Potter series of books for the big screen and made a great success. ? 2. 使适应（新的环境、情况等）Vi. / Vt. ? adapt oneself/sth. to sth. / adapt to sth. ? When we moved to France, the children adapted (themselves) very well to the change. be adapted to… (be used to… ) ? 不知道新同学适应这里的氛围了吗？ ? I wonder whether the new student has adapted (himself/herself) to the atmosphere here.
? I wonder whether the new student is adapted to the atmosphere here. 2. On this lake was an island. =An island was on this lake. = On this lake there was an island 介词短语+(there) be/live/sit/stand +名词 树下站着一个中年人。 Under the tree (there) stands a middle-aged man 3. At birth he was so ugly He was born ugly. He was born an ugly man. be born + adj./n. 参加特奥会的运动员都是天生残障。 Those/The athletes who participated in the Special Olympics were born handicapped. 4. wear a mask Wear a mask Wear a beard Wear long hair Wear a ring/a necklace/a watch/ Wear make-up Wear a puzzled look Wear sb. out = tire sb. out = exhaust sb. (sb. be worn out / be tired out /be exhausted) All the soldiers were worn out after a whole day’s march. 5. force sb. to do sth. 幽灵有没有逼着 Chirstine 吻他? force Did the phantom force Christine to kiss him? make Did the phantom make Christine kiss him? the force of gravity 地心引力 2）武力（=violence） The phantom took Christine away by force. The police used force to solve the problem. 3)军队 air force 空军 the police force 警力 peace-keeping force 维和部队 armed forces? 4)效用 come into force / effect 生效 5) 比较 strength / power/ force/ energy n. 1)力；力量 （f） 6. role 1. 角色 _____played the role of Harry Potter in the movie series.
the leading / lead / main role 主角 supporting role 配角 2. 职能，作用，重要性 What is the role of a modern school? The role of the railway is less and less important, because we have many other ways of transportation. 3. play a … role / part in sth/doing Reading aloud plays an important role / part in learning English. The monitor plays an active part/role in a class 7. capture 1. catch The phantom captured Raoul and kept him in the prison. It is said that the people who caused the 911 terrorist attack have been captured and sent to the USA. 2. fascinate 吸引 Do you know what aspect of Lady Gaga captured all the Grammy judges? 3. 用照片留存，抓拍 This picture was captured by the press at the Grammy awards. 8. She was shocked at his… be shocked at… be shocked to see/hear/learn… Lillian 第一次听《忐忑》 ，就震惊于其奇异的风格。 The first time Lillian listened to Tante, she was shocked at its strange style. I was shocked to hear the song Tante, and I was also shocked to see the singer’s dressing style. 9. touch 1. v. 碰触 他碰碰我的肩。 He touched me on the shoulder. 2. v. move 感动 touched & touching adj. 3. n. 联系 get in touch with 与…. 取得联系 keep in touch with 与…保持联系 be in touch with 与…有联系 lose touch with 和…失去联系 be out of touch with 与…没有联系 10. cry with joy be wild with joy (欣喜若狂,乐坏了！ ） burst with joy (心花怒放) jump with joy, dance with joy… 11. release
1. set free, free The released prisoner walked out of the prison, looking up into the sky The prisoner who had been released walked out of the prison, looking up into the sky. 2. 发行 (音像制品等) Avril is going to release another album this year. I think her newly-released album will be another success. 12. They burst in, ready to kill him. They burst into the phantom’s home, ready to kill him. burst in, burst into +n. break in, break into + n. [各段落短语总结]： ? be adapted from 由…改编 ? adapt to/ adapt oneself to 使适应… ? beneath the building 在这栋楼下 ? make him wear a mask 让他戴上面具 ? force sb to do sth 强迫某人做某事 ? spend years wandering the earth 花了多年游荡在尘世间 ? a wonderful voice 美妙的声音 ? fall in love with sb 爱上某人 ? play an important role in sth 在某事物上扮演重要角色 ? wear a smile 面带笑容 ? wear jewellery/diamond 戴上首饰/珠宝 ? hide behind 藏在…之后 ? be afraid of doing sth 害怕，担心 ? help sb do sth 帮助某人做 ? kidnap sb from some place 把某人从某地绑架走 ? in front of the whole audience 在所有的观众面前 ? take sb down to some place 把某人带到某地 ? take sb to safety 把…带到安全处 ? take sth down 记下；取下来 ? keep sth secret from sb 向某人隐瞒某事 ? keep a secret 隐瞒一个秘密 ? brave enough to do sth 足够勇敢去做某事 ? try to do 试图作某事/ manage to do 试着做成某事 ? rescue sb from some place 从某地营救某人 ? capture an animal 抓住一个动物 ? capture one’s attention/ imagination 吸引某人注意力 ? pull off 脱下，扯下，撕下/ （指汽车，轮船等）开走/ 努力实现, 赢得 ? pull on 穿, 戴, 继续拉 ? pull out 拔出, 离开, 度过难关, 恢复健康 ? be shocked at 对…感到震惊 ? cry with joy 高兴得哭了/ jump with joy 高兴得跳起来
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
feel sorry for 怜悯，同情 suffer from 受…之苦，患… uffer heavy losses 蒙受巨大损失 talk of his suffering 讲述他的苦难 release a prisoner 释放犯人 release a debut 发行专辑 burst in 闯入 burst into song/ tears/ laughter 突然闲唱歌/流泪/笑 burst out laughing/ crying 突然笑/哭 by now 到如今（文中指那时） ready to do sth 准备好做某事 at that moment 在那時 teach sb how to do sth 教某人如何做某事
[More reading] : The concert hall which moved ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 上海音乐厅 2. 被举到空中 3. 防止遭到毁坏 4. 被用来放映电影 5. 世界顶级音乐家 6. 面临困难 7. 需要修缮 8. 远离高架路的新址 9. 压过，盖过 10. 得到彻底复原 11. 城市指南 12. 重新焕发魅力 13. 在八天的时间里 14. 最初的（地） 15.过去常常 16.习惯于 17. 钢琴师/ 大/小提琴家/建筑设计师 18.很多机械 19. 溺水的人 20. 淹死的人 21.可坐，容纳 1000 名观众 the Shanghai Concert Hall 2. be lifted into the air 3. be kept from destruction/ being destroyed 4. be used for showing films/ to show 5. world’s top musicians 6. face difficulties/ be faced with 7. need repair/ repairing /to be repaired
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
8. a new location away from the elevated road 9. drown out 10. be completely restored 11. a city guide 12. the charm is brought back to life 13. over an eight- day period 14. original(ly) 15.used to do 16. be/ get used to doing 17. pianist/cellist/ violinist/architect 18. much machinery/ many machines 19.a drowning man 20. a drowned man 21. can seat an audience of 1000
【课后针对性练习】: 一． ____ ____ (出生时), the Phantom was so ugly that his mother made him _____ ____ _____ (带面具). He ____ ____ _____ (对…一见钟情) with Christine, a beautiful young singer at the Opera, but he ____ ____ ____ (害怕) letting her see his face. However, the Phantom wanted Christine _____ ______ (为他自己所有). 二． 1. We looked down from the plane at the fields spread out b_______. 2. Her absence c________ my attention. 3. The film will be r________ to all the theatres next week. 4. A group of people b_____ into the Phantom’s house, ready to kill him. 5. The Shanghai Concert Hall was completely r________ after its being moved 三． 1. The beggar has no place to go and spends all days __________ in the street. (wander) 2. Our printing workshop was _________ very small. (original) 3. The firefighters took the residents to ______ , the moment they arrived on Yo-Yo Ma, one of the world’s top ________, played there. ( music) 4. 5. On hearing the cry for help from the river, he jumped into the river and saved the ________ man. (drown) 5. 6. Our business has ________ from lack of investment. (suffering) 6. the scene. (safe) 4. Yo-Yo Ma, one of the world’s top ________, played there. ( music) 5. On hearing the cry for help from the river, he jumped into the river and saved the ________ man. (drown) 6. Our business has ________ from lack of investment. (suffering)
分词 A: 现在分词 现在分词既具有动词的一些特征，又具有形容词和副词的句法功能。 1 、现在分词的形式： 否定式： not + 现在分词 （ 1 ）现在分词的主动语态：现在分词主动语态的一般式表示与谓语动 词所表示的动作同时发生，完成 式表示的动作在谓语动词所表示的动作之前发生，常作状语。例如： They went to the park, singing and talking. 他们边唱边说向公园走去。 Having done his homework, he played basket-ball. 做完作业，他开始打 篮球。 （ 2 ）现在分词的被动语态：一般式表示与谓语动词同时发生的被动的 动作，完成式表示发生在谓语动 词之前的被动的动作。 The problem being discussed is very important. 正在被讨论的问题很重 要。 Having been told many times, the naughty boy made the same mistake. 被告诉了好几遍，这个淘气的孩子又犯了同一个错误。 2 ．现在分词的句法功能： （ 1 ）作定语：现在分词作定语，当分词单独做定语时，放在所修饰的 名词前；如果是分词短语做定语 放在名词后。 In the following years he worked even harder. 在后来的几年中，他学习更努力了。 The man speaking to the teacher is our monitor's father. 正与老师谈话的那个人是我们班长的父亲。 现在分词作定语相当于一个定语从句的句法功能，如： in the following years 也可用 in the years that followed; the man speaking to the teacher 可改为 the man who is speaking to the teacher. （ 2 ）现在分词作表语： The film being shown in the cinema is exciting. 正在这家上演的电影很 棒。 The present situation is inspiring. 当前的形势鼓舞人心。 be + doing 既可能表示现在进行时，也可能是现在分词做表语，它们的 区别在于 be + doing 表示进行的动作是进行时，而表示特征时是系动词 be 与现在分词构成系表结构。 （ 3 ）作宾语补足语： 如下动词后可跟现在分词作宾语补足语：
see, watch, hear, feel, find, get, keep, notice, observe, listen to, look at, leave, catch 等。例如： Can you hear her singing the song in the next room? 你能听见她在隔壁 唱歌吗？ He kept the car waiting at the gate. 他让小汽车在门口等着。 （ 4 ）现在分词作状语： ①作时间状语： (While) Working in the factory, he was an advanced worker. 在工厂工作时，他是一名先进工人。 ②作原因状语： Being a League member, he is always helping others. 由于是共青团员， 他经常帮助他人。 ③作方式状语，表示伴随： He stayed at home, cleaning and washing. 他呆在家里，又擦又洗。 ④作条件状语： (If) Playing all day, you will waste your valuable time. 要是整天玩，你就会浪费宝贵的时间。 ⑤作结果状语： He dropped the glass, breaking it into pieces. 他把杯子掉了， 结果摔得粉 碎。 ⑥作目的状语： He went swimming the other day. 几天前他去游泳了。 ⑦作让步状语： Though raining heavily, it cleared up very soon. 虽然雨下得很大，但不久天就晴了。 ⑧与逻辑主语构成独立主格： I waiting for the bus, a bird fell on my head ． 我等汽车时，一只鸟落到我头上。 All the tickets having been sold out, they went away disappointedly. 所有的票已经卖光了，他们失望地离开了。 Time permitting, we'll do another two exercises. 如果时间允许，我们将做另两个练习。 有时也可用 with (without) + 名词（代词宾格） + 分词形式 With the lights burning, he fell asleep. 他点着灯睡着了。 ⑨作独立成分： udging from(by) his appearance, he must be an actor. 从外表看，他一定是个演员。 Generally speaking, girls are more careful. 一般说来，女孩子更细心。
B: 过去分词： 过去分词只有一种形式：规则动词由动词原形加词尾 -ed 构成。不规则 动词的过去分词没有统一的规则要求，要一一记住。 过去分词的句法功能： 1 ．过去分词作定语： Our class went on an organized trip last Monday. 上周一我们班开展了一 次有组织的旅行。 Those elected as committee members will attend the meeting. 当选为委员 的人将出席这次会。 注意当过去分词是单词时，一般用于名词前，如果是过去分词短语， 就放在名词的后面。过去分词做定语相当于一个被动语态的定语从句。 2 ．过去分词作表语： The window is broken. 窗户破了。 They were frightened at the sad sight. 他们对眼前悲惨的景象感到很害 怕。 注意： be + 过去分词，如果表示状态是系表结构，如果表示被动的动 作是被动语态。区别： The window is broken. （系表） The window was broken by the boy. （被动） 有些过去分词是不及物动词构成的，不表示被动，只表示完成。如： boiled water （开水） fallen leaves （落叶） newly arrived goods （新到的货） the risen sun （升起的太阳） the changed world （变了的世界） 这类过去分词有： gone, come, fallen, risen, changed, arrived, returned, passed 等。 3 ．过去分词作宾语补足语： I heard the song sung several times last week. 上周我听见这首歌被唱了好几次。 有时过去分词做 with 短语中的宾语补足语： With the work done, they went out to play. 工作做完了，他们出去玩去 了。 4 ．过去分词作状语： Praised by the neighbours, he became the pride of his parents. 受到邻居们的表扬，他成为父母的骄傲。（表示原因） Once seen, it can never be forgotten. 一旦它被看见，人们就忘不了。（表示时间） Given more time, I'll be able to do it better.
如果给予更多的时间，我能做得更好。（表示条件） Though told of the danger, he still risked his life to save the boy. 虽然被告之有危险，他仍然冒生命危险去救那个孩子。（表示让步） Filled with hopes and fears, he entered the cave. 心中充满了希望与恐 惧，他走进山洞。 非谓语动词考点分析 1 ． The Olympic Games, ______ in 776 B.C,did’t include women players until 1919. A.first playing B.to be first played C.first played D.to be first playing 析：根据题干，必须选表示被动的选项，故排除 A 、D ；因 B 选项表 “ 将 要被举行 ” 意， 不合题干之用， 只有 C 选项 （相当于 which was first played ） 才合用。 2 ． European football is played in 80 countries, ______ it the most popular sport in the world. A.making B.makes C.made D.to make 析：B 、C 是谓语动词，在此不可用。 D 项 to make 或表目的，或表 “将 要使得 ”，这都不合题干情景。只有 A.making, 可作状语，表结果。再举 一现在分词作结果状语例： The bus was held up by the snowstorm,causing the delay. 公共汽车被大风 雪所阻，因而耽误了。 3 ． Little Jim should love ______ to the theatre this evening. A.to be taken B.to take C.being taken D.taking 析：根据 this evening, 应选表示将来义的选项， C 、 D 应排除。 Take 后 无宾语，必然要用被动式，故答案为 A 。 4 ． John was made ______ the truck for a week as a punishment. A.to wash B.washing C.wash D.to be washing 析：根据 be made to do sth. 句式，可定答案为 A 。 5 ． The patient was warned ______ oily food after the operation. A.to eat not B.eating not C.not to eat D.not eating 析：根据 warn sb.(not)to do sth. 句式，可排除 B、 D 两项；又根据非谓 语动词的否定式 not 总是在首位的规律，又可排除 A ，而定 C 。 6 ． —— I usually go there by train. —— Why not ______ by boat for a change? A.to try going B.trying to go C.to try and go D.try going 析： 此题可根据 why not 后直接跟原形动词规律而一举确定正确答案为 D。 若将 B 项改为 try to go ， 则要根据其与 try going 意义之别来确定答案。 依据题干对话内容， 乙方是建议甲方尝试乘船变变花样， 所以答案仍为 D 。 7 ． ______ a reply,he decided to write again.
A.Not receiving B.Receiving not C.Not having received D.Having not received 析：非谓语动词的否定式 not 应置于首位， B 、 D 皆为错误形式。 A 项 不能表达先于 decided 的动作，只有选 C 项才表没收到信在先，决定再写 信在后，所以 C 为正确答案。 8 ． Charles Babbage is generally considered ______ the first computer. A.to invent B.inventing C.to have invented D.having mvented 析：consider 表 “ 考虑 ” 意时，其后动词用 doing 形式，此处不表 “ 考虑 ”， 而表 “ 认为 ” ，这时 consider 后作宾语补足语或主语补足语多为 to do,to have done,to be 等形式。据此可排除 B 、D 两个选项。又因 A 表 “ 要发明 ” 意，不合题用，只有 C 表 “ 发明了 ” 意，才合题用，故选 C 。 9 ． Most of the artists ______ to the party were from South Africa. A.invited B.to invite C.being invited D.had been invited 析：“ 被邀请参加晚会 ”，应选表被动意的选项，B 不可用。D 项少引导 词 who ，也应排除。又因短暂动词的现在分词被动式不可作定语， C 也 应排除，只有 A.invited( ＝ who were invited) 才是正确答案。 10 ． The murderer was brought in,with his hands ______ behind his back. A.being tied B.having tied C.to be tired D.tied 析： B 表主动意，应排除。 C 表 “ 将要被捆绑 ” ， A 表 “正在被捆绑 ” 都不 合题意，只有 D 项填入空白才能表达 “ 双手被反绑着 ” 这一意思，符合题 干情景。再看一类似例句： He came in,(with)his head held high. 他昂首 走了进来。 语法知识练习： 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 1. Linda worked for the Minnesota Manufacturing and Mining Company, ______ as 3M. A. knowing B. known C. being known D. to be known 2. The disc, digitally _____ in the studio, sounded fantastic at the party that night. A. recorded B. recording C. to be recorded D. having recorded 3. — How do you deal with the disagreement between the company and the customers? — The key ______ the problem is to meet the demand ______ by the customers. A. to solving; making B. to solving; made C. to solve; making D. to solve; made 4. When first ______ to the market, these products enjoyed great success. A. introducing B. introduced C. introduce D. being introduced
5. It shames me to say it, but I told a lie when ______ at the meeting by my boss. A. questioning B. having questioned C. questioned D. to be questioned 6. ______ with the size of the whole earth , the biggest ocean does not seem big at all. A. Compare B. When comparing C. Comparing D. When compared 7. The pilot asked all the passengers on board to remain ______ as the plane was making a landing. A. seat B. seating C. seated D. to be seating 8. Friendship is like money: easier made than ______. A. kept B. to be kept C. keeping D. being kept 9. Laws that punish parents for their little children’s actions against the laws get parents ______. A. worried B. to worry C. worrying D. worry 10. — What’s happening in the street? — A group ______ Green Peace are protesting against the summit. A. calls B. called C. calling D. to be called 11. He had his leg ______ when playing football. A. break B. to break C. breaking D. broken 12. Your letter ______ Nov. 25 has reached me. A. dated B. dating C. was dated D. which dated 13. ______ with excitement, the children couldn’t fall asleep. A. To fill B. To be filled C. Filling D. Filled 14. Even if ______, I won’t go. A. invited B. inviting C. I invited D. he invites 15. With the homework ______, he was allowed to watch the football match. A. finished B. finishing C. to finish D. to be finished 16. With his finger ______ to the ______ window, the teacher asked: “Who did that?” A. pointing; broken B. pointed; broken C. pointing; breaking D. pointed; breaking
17. Your umbrella wants ______. Do you want it ______? A. repairing; repairing B. repairing; repaired C. to repaired; to be repaired D. to be repaired; repairing 18. ______ to train his son in English, he put an ad like this in the paper ,“______, an English teacher for a ten-year-old boy.” A. Determined;Wanted B. Determined;Wanting C. Determines;Wanted D. Determining;Wanting 19. The shy girl never speaks unless ______. A. speaking B. spoken C. speaking to D. spoken to 20. Many young teachers， Ms Zhou ______， were chosen as model workers in this city. A. to include B. including C. included D. being included 21. ______ by Yang Liwei’s speech，the students are determined to study even harder. A. Deeply moved B. Having deeply moved C. To be deeply moved D. Moving deeply 22. Though ______ badly，the fighter continued to fire at the enemy. A. he wounded B. was wounding C. wounding D. wounded 23. If ______ green, the door might look more beautiful. A. paint B. painted C. painting D. to paint 24. Though ______ of the danger, he still went skating on the thin ice. A. warning B. to warn C. warn D. warned 25. The girl is still fast asleep, with her head ______ deep in arms. A. bury B. to bury C. buried D. burying 参考答案： 1-5 BABBC 6-10 DCAAB 11-15 DADAA 16-20 ABADC 21-25 ADBDC 家庭作业： 1. Fill in the blanks with the words or phrases from the box below. Change the form where necessary. rescue award release reputation drown out lead to litter capture in the air kidnap curious let…down ignore
1. They were arguing bitterly when the engine of the passing-by aeroplane
____________ their voice. 2. The policeman was surprised to find that one of the children who _____________ as hostage was his own son. 3. The horrible event that happened in that remote area ______________ the attention of the people all over the country. 4. The climbers were finally ____________ by helicopter. 5. His new album, which we are looking forward to, __________ at the end of this month. 6. Believe me, I won’t __________ you ___________. 7. The best-selling write won the literary (文学的) ___________ as a Booksellers Association ceremony. 8. I am ________________ about the new invention. 9. Eating too much sugar can _____________ health problems. 10. The hotel has a good __________ for its high-standard service. 11. The stepmother asked her to ___________ the green beans from the red ones. 12. Human bodies cannot _____________ such large amount of radiation (辐射)。 13. A sense of nervousness _______________ with the spread of the deadly disease. 14. The children always _____________ their rooms with piles of toys and books. 15. He ________________ the speed limit and drove very fast. II. Translate the following sentences into English, using the words or phrases given in the brackets. 1. 在战士们的帮助下，遭遇地震的地区又重新恢复了生机。 （bring back to life）
2. 老师把这种行为视为上课不专心的表现。 （regard…as）
3. 当看见别人有麻烦时，他总是主动提供帮助。 （offer）
4. 敌人想要占领这座城市的企图失败了。 （attempt）
5. 这只箱子可以当作椅子用。 （serve）
6. 说到 Tom, 没有人愿意和他合作。 （speak of）
Inversion / Adj. Clause / Infinitive
1. Not until I began to work ____ how much time I had wasted. A. didn’t I realize B. did I realize C. I didn’t realize D. I realized
2. Only by practising a few hours every day ____ be able to master the language. A. you can B. can you C. you will D. will you
3. If you don’t go, neither ____. A. shall I B. do I C. I do D. I shall
4. No sooner ____ to the station ____ the train left. A. had I got, when B. I had got, than C. had I got, than D. did I get, when
5. ---- Your father is very strict with you. ---- ____. He never lets off a single mistake of ours A. So he is B. So is he C. He is so D. So does he
6. ____ today, he would get there by Sunday. A. Would he leave B. Was he leaving C. Were he to leave D. If he leave
7. Never in my life ____ such a thing. A. I have heard or have seen C. I have heard or seen B. have I heard or seen D. did I hear or see
8. ---- Here ____! Where is Xiao Liu? ---- There ____. A. comes the bus, is he C. the bus comes, is he 9. ____ , I will not buy it. A. Much as do I like it B. As much I like it C. Much as I like it D. As I like it much ---- ____________. B. comes the bus, he is D. the bus comes, he is
10. ---- I like football. I don’t like volleyball.
A. So do I B. Neither do I C. So it is with me D. So is it with me 11. Oh the wall hung a picture, _____ color is blue. A. whose B. of which C. which D. its 12.Whenever I met him , ____ was fairly often, I like his sweet and hopeful smile.
A. what B. which C. that D. when 13. The visitor asked the guide to take his picture _____ stands the famous tower. A. that B. where C. which D. there 14.The boss ____ department Ms King worked ten years ago look down upon women. A. in which B. in that C. in whose D. whose 15. I don’t like _____ you speak to her. A. the way B. the way in that C. the way which D. the way of which 16.I had neither a raincoat nor an umbrella ._______ I got wet through . A. It’s the reason B. That’s why C. There’s why D. It’s how 17. He made another wonderful discovery , ____ of great importance to science. A. which I think is B. which I think it is C. which I think it D.I think which is 18.He was very rude to the customs officer, ____ of course made things even worse. A. who B. whom C. what D. which 19. a) He is an interesting speaker, and, _______ is more important, he knows his subject thoroughly. b) He went to the meeting, and, _______ was worse, insisted on speaking. A. what B. which C. that D. when 20. The farmer uses wood to build a house ________ to store grain. A. in which B. where C. which D. with which 21. Charles Babbage is generally considered ______ the first computer. A. to invent B. inventing C. to have invented D. having invented 22. It is no use _____to come now. He is busy. A. ask him B. to ask him C. that you ask him D. asking him 23. The murder was brought in, with his hands _______ behind his back. A. being tied B. having tied C. to be tied D. tied 24. Mrs Smith warned her daughter ____ after drinking. A. never to drive B. to never drive C. never driving D. never drive. 25. The computer centre, ______ last year is very popular among the students in this school. A. open B. opening C. having opened D. opened. 26. Do you know the boy _______ under the big tree? A. lay B. lain C. laying D. lying 27. Most of the artists ______ to the party 'were from South Africa. A. invited B. to invite C. being invited D. had been invited 28. English is a language ______ in many countries. A. spoken B. speaking C. be spoken D. to speak 29. "Can you read?" Mary said to the notice. A. angrily, pointing B. and point angrily C. angrily, pointed D. and angrily pointing 30. There was a terrible noise _______ the sudden burst of Tight. A. followed B. following C. to be followed D. being followed