练习一 1. The thief stood before the policeman，_______ admitting what he had done． A. with his dropping head C. raising his head 2. _______，he can't go out for a walk as usual． A
. With so much work to do C. With so much work done A. closed；open C. closing；open A. be considered C. considering A. As there was no time left C. There being no time left 6. _______ yesterday，we went out for a walk． A. As a fine day C. It being a fine day 7. The old man stood there, _______． A. with back against the wall C. and back against wall train． C. had been c 9. _______ no bus, we had to walk home. A. There was C. Because there being A. Time permits C. Time permitting 11. _______, we all went home happily. A. Goodbye was said C. Goodbye said A. It being fine weather C. It was fine weather 13. _______, the bus started at once. A. The signal was given C. The signal given 14. She stood there, _______ from her cheeks. B. The signal giving D. When the signal given B. Goodbye had been said D. When goodbye said B. It fine weather D. It being a fine weather B. There being D. There is B. If time permitting D. Time's permitting B. with his back against the wall D. his back was against the wall B. It was a fine day D. For it was a fine day B. With so much work doing D. Without so much work to do B. closed；opened D. closing；opening B. considered D. having considering B. There is no time left D. There to be no time left B. dropped his head D. with his head down
3. It's quite strange that the man sleeps with his mouth _______ and his eyes _______．
4. All things _______，the plan trip will have to be called off．
5. _______, we have to get down to business right away．
8. All flights _______ because of the snow-storm，many passengers could do nothing but take the
10. _______, I'll go there with you tomorrow afternoon.
12. _______, we all went swimming in high spirits.
A. tears' rolling down C. with tears rolled down 15. _______, the leaves are turning green. A. When spring coming on C. Spring came on 16. _______, I had to buy a new one. A. My dictionary losing C. My dictionary had been lost 17. I used to sleep with the window _______. A. opened B. open
B. tears rolled down D. tears rolling down B. Spring coming on D. Spring being come on B. My dictionary having been lost D. Because my dictionary lost C. opening D. to open
18. _______, the hunter went into the forest. A. A gun on shoulder C. Gun on shoulder 19. He stood there silently, his lips _______ . A. trembling B. trembled C. were trembling D. were trembled 20. _______, we will surely succeed. A. The teacher helping us C. The teacher will help us B. The teacher to help us D. With the teacher helping 练习二：高考试题精选 1. With a lot of difficult problems _______, the newly-elected president is having a hard time. A. settled A. As A. being tied A. is B. settling B. For B. having tied B. to be C. to settle C. With C. to be tied C. being B. Weather permitted D. Weather having permitted C. As for C. went on C. to follow D. Because of D. to go on D. being followed D. being settled D. Through D. tied D. would be 2. _______ the production up by 60 %, the company has had another excellent year. 3. The murderer was brought in, with his hands _______ behind his back. 4. The meeting _______ over, we all left the room and drove home. 5. _______, they will go and visit the zoo. A. Weather permitting C. Weather being permitted A. With A. going on A. follow B. Besides B. goes on B. followed。 B. A gun was on his shoulder D. A gun being on shoulder
6. _______ two exams to worry about, I have to work really hard this weekend. 7. I couldn’t do my homework with all that noise _______. 8. I send you 100 dollars, the rest _______ in a year. 9. _______ and no way to reduce her pain and suffering from the terrible disease, the patient sought her doctor's help to end her life. A. Having given up hope of cure C. There being hope for cure A. finishing B. finished B. With no hope for cure D. In the hope of cure C. had finished D. were finished
10. The children went home from the grammar school, their lessons _______ for the day.
11. The country has already sent up three unmanned spacecraft, the most recent _______ at the end of last March. A. has been launched C. being launched 1. _______, we went home in a hurry. A. The meeting was over C. Being over 2. The square looks far more beautiful _______ . A. with all the lights turning on C. turning on all the lights 3. _______,I had to do her work instead. A. Being ill A. After all done A. opened his mouth C. with his mouth open 6. _______, he would most probably be late. A. Without anybody to call him C. Nobody called him A. With only three minutes to go C. As only three minutes to go 8. _______, we are all sure of its success. A. With he taking charge of the work C. His taking charge of the work 9. A little boy, _______, ran into the room. A. with two of his front teeth missed C. with two of his front teeth missing A. He being known C. He was known 11. He walked _______. A. with his head held high C. his head holding high 12. She came here this morning, _______. A. her boy friend to join her next month B. her boy friend would join her next month C. and her boy friend joining her next month D. with her boy friend joined her next month 13. This book is well written, _______ . A. with special attention paid to written English B. with special attention paying to written English B. held his head high D. with his head to hold high B. two of his front teeth were missing D. missed two of his front teeth B. It was known D. It being known B. With he’s taking charge on the work D. With him taking charge of the work B. Anybody to call him D. With him to call B. There were only three minutes left D. Only three minutes were left B. Her being ill B. All done C. She being ill D. She was ill D. Doing all 4. _______, she went to bed with great satisfaction. C. All had been done B. and opening his mouth D. his mouth was opened 5. He sat listening to the teacher, _______. B. all the lights turning on D. with all the lights turned on B. As the meeting being over D. The meeting over B. having been launched D. to be launched 练习三：复习巩固
7. _______, they made for the classroom in a hurry.
10. _______ that he could speak English very well, they all came to practise English with him.
C. special attention is paid to written English D. paid special attention to written English 14. _______, she went out to get something to eat A. Being no food left C. There was no food left 15. _______,the trees turned green. A. As spring coming on C. Spring coming on 16. _______, the sun shone again. A. The dark clouds having disappeared C. The dark clouds to disappear 17. _______, he handed it to the teacher. A. The composition writing C. The composition written 18. _______, the meeting was over. A. Nobody had any more to say C. Because of nobody had any more to say A. As; correct C. With; correct A. leading B. led B. Nobody having any more to say D. Having no more to say B. With; corrected D. As; being correct C. having been led D. being led B. Having been written D. After the composition wrote B. Having disappeared the dark clouds D. With the dark clouds disappeared B. Spring came on D. With spring come on B. There being no food left D. No food was left
19. _______ time going on , Einstein’s theory proved _______ .
20. The boy_______ the way, we had no difficulty in finding the house. 21. The boy stood before the roasted duck, his eyes _______ on it and his mouth _______. A. were fixed, was watered C. fixed, watered A. to take contrast with the other. A. makes A. all of them A. Her wallet stolen C. Her wallet was stolen A. covered A. being A. on the east of which C. on the east of that A. Since B. With B. to cover B. are B. made B. all of whom C. is to make C. all of them were B. Her wallet stealing D. With her wallet stole C. cover C. were B. east of it D. east of which C. As D. While D. covering D. having been D. making D. whom all were 24. People attend the meeting, _______ women. 25. _______, she had no money to buy even a bus ticket. B. taken B. fixed, watering D. were fixing, was watering C. to be taken D. taking
22. Everything_______ into consideration, they ought to have another chance 23. The article opens and closes with descriptions of two news reports, each _______ one major point in
26. David is sleeping on the grass with his jacket _______ his stomach. 27. I saw a lot of children playing in the garden, most of them_______ boys. 28. The building over there is a library, _______ standing our lab.
29. _______ the days went on, the weather got worse.
30. The boy fell to the ground from the tree, his eyes _______ and his hands _______. A. closing; trembled C. closing; trembling 31. _______ Sunday, the library is closed. A. Being B. It being C. There being D. It is 32. ---- Why do you look so sad ? ---- With so many problems _______, I am in a difficult situation. A. settled C. settling 33. _______, they began their performances. A. After we took our seats C. Having taken our seats A. who B. whom B. Being taken our seats D. Taking our seats C. them D. three B. her long hair flow in the breeze D. her long hair flowed in the breeze B. remained to settle D. remaining to be settled B. closed; trembled D. closed; trembling
34. The old man has three sons, none of _______ living with him. 35. The girl in the snapshot was smiling sweetly, _______. A. her long hair was flowing in the breeze C. her long hair flowing in the breeze would happen. A. stood A. was buried B. standing B. being buried C. to stand C. burying D. were standing D. buried 37. Tom sat there, face _______ in his hands, and wept.
36. I carefully poured the liquid into the water, my classmates _______ anxiously beside me to see what
练习一 1-5 1-5 1-5 DABBC CCDCA DDCBC 6-10 C B B B C 6-10 A A C B B 6-10 A A D C D 26-30 D A B C B 11-15 C A C D B 11 B 11-15 A A A B C 31-35 B D A C C 16-20 A C B C A 36-37 B D 16-20 B B C A B 练习二 练习三 21-25 B B D A A