1 Review words and phrases 2 Using language: words & phrases 3 Understand the words or phrases with different meanings in the sentences. 4 Grammar: 课文填空＆v.-in
g 5 Topic Writing
落实基础，单词思忆 1. ________ represent vt.代表；象征 → ______________ representative n.& adj. 代表；代表的；典型的 2. ________ curious adj. 好奇的 →_________ curiously adv. 好奇地
→ _________ curiosity n. 好奇心
3. approach ________ v. & n. 接近;靠近；走近;方法；途径
4. ________ adult n.& adj. 成人;成年人;成人的；成熟的
5. ________ function n.& vi. 作用;功能；职能；起作用;运转
6．________ n. ＆vt. 安逸；舒适；减轻(痛苦、忧虑) ease
7．________ adj. 错误的；假的 false
8．________ n. 等级；军衔 rank
9．________ vi. & vt. 迎接；问候 greet
________ n. 迎接；问候；招呼 greeting
association n. 社团；联系；联想 10 .____________ associate ...with... __________ associate vt. 把……联系起来
11．________ defend vt. 保护；保卫
→ ________ defence n. 防御；保卫
12．________ adj. 主要的 major majority n. 大多数，大部分 → ________ misunderstand vt. 误解；误会 13．_____________ misunderstanding n. 误解；误会 → _________________ facial adj.面部的→________ 14．________ n. 脸；面部 face anger n. 怒气；怒火→________ angry adj.生气的 15. ________
16. ________ spoken adj. 口语的→(反义词) ___________ unspoken adj. 非口语的；未说出口的
17. ________ adj. 真实地；真诚地；真正地 truly true →_________ adj. 真实的；正确的 →_______ truth n. 事实；真相
subjective adj. 主观的→(反义词) 18. __________ objective adj. 客观的 _________
8. When you are playing, watch your tone of voice and _______ facial (face) expression. 9. What makes me _______ angry (anger) is not what
he said but the manner.
10. I'm sorry,but you must have _______________ misunderstood
(misunderstanding) what I said just now.
1. 很可能……；有希望……_____________ be likely to be unlikely to 2. 不可能_________________ step back 3. 后退；退后_____________ major in 4. 主修…_________________ as if 5. 似乎_____________ express one’s feelings 6. 表达情感____________________ on the contrary 7. 相反_______________
spoken language 8. 口头语言_________________ body language 9. 身体语言_________________ at ease 10. 舒适；安逸；悠闲_________ lose face 11. 丢脸___________ turn one’s back to 12. 背对；不理睬；背弃______________ defend against 13. 保卫……以免受_________________ facial expression 14. 面部表情_________________
be/get close to 15. 靠近；接近_______________
introduce…to… 16. 把……介绍给…… _______________ not…nor… 17. 既不……又不…… _______________ as well 18. 也；还_______________ dash into/dash out of 19. 冲进/冲出_______________________ in general 20. 总的来说；通常_______________
1.Yesterday，another student and I，representing our university's student association，went to the Capital International Airport to meet this year's international students. 昨天，我和另一个同学代表我们大学的学生会去首都国际机 场迎接今年的国际学生。 2. The first person to arrive was Tony Garcia from Colombia. 第一个到达的是从哥伦比亚来的托尼· 加西亚 3.Tony approaches Julia，touches her shoulder and kisses her on the cheek. 托尼走近朱莉娅，摸了摸她的肩，亲了亲她的脸。 4.Not all cultures greet each other the same way，nor are they comfortable in the same way with touching or distance between people. 各种文化背景下的人互致问候的方式不尽相同，身体接触 和相互间距的程度也并不一样。
5．People from places like Spain，Italy or South American countries approach others closely and are more likely to touch them. 从西班牙、意大利或南美国家来的人会站在离别人很 近的地方，而且很可能(用身体)接触对方。 6．The most universal facial expression is，of course， the smile－its function is to show happiness and put people at ease.
7．If you look away from a person or yawn，they may think you are not interested in them.(p.30) 如果你把眼光从某人身上移开，或者打了个哈欠，这 个人就可能会认为你对他不感兴趣。
1. represent v.代表，象征 representing 现在分词作伴随状语 2. the first …to do sth. 第一个…去做某事（后接不定式） 3. approach v. & n. 接近;靠近；走近;方法；途径 4.not…all 并不是所有的都…（表部分否定） nor/neither +助动词/情态动词/be +主语（表否定的与 前者一致） 5.be likely to do 很有可能做某事 6. put sb. at ease 使人感到舒服 7. look away from 从…中把目光移开 8. curious adj. 好奇的
1.curious adj. 好奇的
curiously out of curiosity
be approaching / coming be on the way be around the corner
接近 靠近 v. 2.approach n. 接近 方法 途径
It is probable that .... It is possible (for sb.) to do... It is possible that .... sb. / sth. is likely to do... 3.likely It is likely that
1.Yesterday，another student and I，representing our university's student association，went to the Capital International Airport to meet this year's international students. 1. 昨天，我和另一个同学代表我们大学的学生会去首都国际 机场迎接今年的国际学生。 2. The first person to arrive was Tony Garcia from Colombia. 2. 第一个到达的是从哥伦比亚来的托尼· 加西亚 3.Tony approaches Julia，touches her shoulder and kisses her on the cheek. 3.托尼走近朱莉娅，摸了摸她的肩，亲了亲她的脸。 4.Not all cultures greet each other the same way，nor are they comfortable in the same way with touching or distance between people. 4.各种文化背景下的人互致问候的方式不尽相同，身体接触 和相互间距的程度也并不一样。
5．People from places like Spain，Italy or South American countries approach others closely and are more likely to touch them. 5.从西班牙、意大利或南美国家来的人会站在离别人很 近的地方，而且很可能(用身体)接触对方。 6．The most universal facial expression is，of course， the smile－its function is to show happiness and put people at ease. 6.微笑当然是最通用的面部表情，它的作用是表示快乐和使人
7．If you look away from a person or yawn，they may think you are not interested in them.(p.30) 7. 如果你把眼光从某人身上移开，或者打了个哈欠，这 个人就可能会认为你对他不感兴趣。
1. 用curious 的相关词语完成下面语段 John was curious __________ (see) his uncle to see digging a hole under the bed and he asked him about
it. But the answer could not satisfy his __________ curiosity
out (curious). Then, ________ of curiosity, John walked
into his uncle’s room to find the answer when his
uncle was away. _____________, he found his uncle Curiously
buried a dead bird in the hole.
2. 根据语境翻译 approach
1. (2014四川高考 完形填空） In fact, they're hard to spot,because they usually fly off when they hear human approaching. 接近, 走近 __________________ 2. Snow announced the approach of winter. 接近，到来 __________________ 3. (2014广东高考 完形填空） However, some approaches are more successful than others. 方法，途径 ___________________
1.他总是第一个来最后一个离开。 He is always _______________ the first to arrive and ____________. the last to leave 2.(2015临沂期中）Tu Yoyo was the first Chinese citizen _____ to win a Nobel Prize in science. to arrive (arrive) 3.(07全国改编）—The last one __________ pays for the meal. —Agreed! 4.He is the best man __________ （do）the job. to do 他是做这项工作的最佳人选。
on the 5. I thought the movie would be terrible, but _______ contrary 相反), it was great. _________( likely to 6. Clouds are gathering and it is ____________ (很可能) rain tomorrow. at ease (放松)when he is at a 7. Nobody felt ________ completely strange place and has no friends. In general (总而言之), people don't like to be made 8. _________ fun of. majored in 主修) Political Science when he 9. He ___________( was at a university. 10. 如果你不想去，我也不想去。 neither/nor will I If you don’t want to go，________________. 11. 我不喜欢住在闹市区，她也不喜欢。 nor does she I do not like living downtown，________________.
Finish a short passage according to what we have reviewed (10个空） Yesterday，another student and I went to meet this year's 1.___________ international (nation) students. The first person 2.________(arrive) was Tony from to arrive Colombia, followed by Julia from Britain. After being introduced (introduce), Tony4.________ 3.________________ approached (approach) Julia and kissed her while Julia stepped
defence (defend). back and put up her hands in 5.________
When George from Canada shook hands 6.______ with Akira from Japan，he bowed and 7._______ his nose touched George's moving hand. These are not good
or bad，but are simply ways in which cultures have
Not all cultures greet each other 8._______ same the
way.9._____ In general, though, studying international
customs can certainly help avoid difficulties in
today's world of cultural 10.__________(crossroad)! crossroads
单 元 语 法:－ing形式作定语及状 语
enjoying 1.（2015北京)The park was full of people _________ (enjoy) themselves in the sunshine. 2.After we saw the comedy show, we left the theater laughing _________ (laugh). Having spent 3. (2014福建)_____________(spend) the past year as an exchange student in Hong Kong, Linda appears more mature than those of her age. 4.（2015重庆）Like ancient sailors, birds can find their way________ using (use) the sun and the stars.
1. I think I’m likely _____ to get the job. 2. ____ In general, the more expensive the car is, the the better it is. 3. It’s the glorious duty for every soldier to defend our countryagainst ________ enemies.
about 4. The facts proved that we were wrong_______ him, so we all apologized to him.
5. She was jumping ______ up and ________. down
6. I am a little nervous. Give me a cup of tea to put me ____ at ease. 7. Don’t look awayfrom ______ me when I’m speaking to you.
in English in Beijing University 8. He majored ______ at that time.
9. I am curious _____ to know what the children are doing. 10. It is rude to turn your back to ___ your teacher and refuse answer to his questions.
be likely to in general defend against be wrong about up and down at ease look away from major in be curious to turn one’s back to
很可能…， 有希望… 总的说来；通常 保卫…以免受 误解 上上下下 舒适，快活，自由自在 不看；不注视
1. It is said that the two sides haven’t reached agreement ( agree) an ______________. 2. To tell you the truth, I can’t understand her facial ____________ expression. (face) 3. The policeman can _________ defend himself against knife and attacks. ( defence)
Curiosity is part of a child’s nature. (curious) 4.___________
approaching 5. New Year’s Day is____________ . （approach)
6.He __________ stated his problem clearly. (statement)
representative to the meeting. 7. I sent my _________________ (represent)
8. To tell the ________, truth I don’t agree with you. (truly)
agreement statement representative approach truth curiosity
agree state represent approach
yawned 1. He ____________( 打着哈欠） and fell asleep.
2. Can’t you see our soldiers who are approaching ___________ (接近） the enemies’ position.
greeted (迎接）us at the gate. 3.The host ___________
4. The traffic policeman took his stand at the ______________. crossroads (十字路口）
false 5. I think his documents are__________. (伪造的）
6. The Foreign Minister _______________ (代表） false the country at the conference.
general （大体上的） 7. Why not tell me the ____________ idea of the text.
8. The professor sometimes dines at the student _____________.( 食堂） canteen 9. She gave her son a hug ___ (拥抱) and put him to bed.
10. I’ll book you on a directflight _____ (航班) to London.