保密 ★ 启用前【考试时间：2014 年 11 月 1 日 15:00-17:00】
绵阳市高中 2012 级第一次诊断性考试
本试题卷分第 I 卷（选择题）和第 II 卷（非选择题） ，第 I 卷 1 至 8 页，第 II 卷 9 至 10 页。满分 150 分。考试时间 120 分
第Ⅰ卷（选择题，共 90 分）
注意事项： 1．必须使用 2B 铅笔在答题卡上将所选答案对应的标号涂黑。 2．第 I 卷共两部分，共计 90 分。 第一部分：英语知识运用 （共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 单项填空 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳答案，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 （共 10 小题； 每小题 1 分，共 10 分） 1. —Darling, make a careful budget for our son at university. —_______, he wasn’t born yesterday. A. Come on B. Look out C. That’s settled D. That’s great 2. The Great Wall leaves visitors a puzzle _______ early Chinese people managed to build it without modern tools. A. why B. when C. where D. how 3. I bought my wife the dress for a lot of money, but hardly _______ her wear it. A. I see B. do I see C. see I D. I do see 4. Lessons, when _______ in fun ways, will certainly inspire the students’ interest. A. organizing B. to be organized C. to organize D. organized 5. He is a typical couch potato _______ his wife likes to go outdoors. A. since B. while C. when D. as 6. Recently I met him for the project, but I don’t know if he _______ his mind. A. changed B. had changed C. has changed D.would change 7. —I don’t think the medicine has magic power for my trouble. —Anyhow, you’d better try — it _______ help some way. A. must B. should C. may D. shall 8. We expect you to become someone _______ we’ll feel very proud in the future. A. of whom B. for whom C. who D. that 9. Mr. Clark didn’t explain very clearly. In fact, _______ students really understood. A. quite a few B. quite a little C. just a few D. just a little 10. My teacher used to give me helpful advice. Now I do regret _______ it. A. not taking B. not to take C. not take D. not taken 第二节 完形填空 阅读下面短文, 从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C、D）中, 选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项， 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 （共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分） I was blind, but I was ashamed of it if it was known. I refused to use a white stick and 11 asking for help. After all, I was a teenage girl, and I couldn’t 12 people to look at me and think I was not like 13 . I must have been a terrible danger on the 14 . Coming across me 15 through the traffic, motorists probably would have to step rapidly on their 16 .
英语试题 第 1 页（共 10 页）
One evening, I 17 the bus about halfway home where I had to change buses, 18 as usual I ran into something, “I’m awfully sorry,” I said and stepped forward only to run into it again. When it happened a third time, I realized I had been 19 to a lamppost. This was just one of the 20 things that constantly happened to me. So I carried on and found the bus stop, which was a request stop, where the bus wouldn’t stop unless 21 wanted to get on or off. No one else was there and I had to try to 22 if the bus had arrived. Generally in this situation, because I hated 23 I was blind by asking for help, I tried to guess at the sound. Sometimes I would 24 a big lorry and stand there feeling stupid as it drew away. In the end, I usually managed to 25 my pride and ask someone at the stop for help. But on this particular evening no one 26 me at the stop; It seemed that everyone had 27 decided not to travel by bus. Of course I heard plenty of buses pass, or I 28 I did. But because I had given up stopping them for 29 of making a fool of myself, I let them all go by. I stood there 30 for half an hour without stopping one. Then I gave up. I decided to walk on to the next stop. 11. A. started 12. A. understand 13. A. it 14. A. campus 15. A. wandering 16. A. vehicles 17. A. got off 18. A. so 19. A. apologizing 20. A. cool 21. A. visitors 22. A. count 23. A. admitting 24. A. catch 25. A. swallow 26. A. invited 27. A. rapidly 28. A. thought 29. A. fun 30. A. again B. risked B. bear B. him B. ground B. running B. phones B. got on B. and B. explaining B. stupid B. guests B. discover B. showing B. move B. trade B. joined B. cautiously B. planned B. joy B. alone C. hated C. blame C. me C. roads C. rolling C. companions C. got through C. or C. complaining C. clever C. drivers C. guess C. hiding C. cheat C. express C. bothered C. directly C. prepared C. fear C. aloud D. liked D. forgive D. them D. floor D. cycling D. brakes D. got up D. but D. reporting D. unforgettable D. passengers D. calculate D. remembering D. stop D. recover D. reminded D. suddenly D. demanded D. hope D. around
第二部分：阅读理解（共两节，共 50 分） 第一节 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C、D ）中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上 将该项涂黑。 （共 20 小题，每小题 2 分，共 40 分） A It was such an extremely freezing day that I decided to get a cup of hot drinking first after work. As my colleague, Ricky, and I were making our way to a coffee shop, I noticed an old gentleman rather poorly dressed sitting on a bench nearby. Obviously he was frozen, seemingly one of the homeless or someone like that. We joined the line and waited to be served. Ricky handed the server a twenty-dollar bill, ordered three cups of hot coffee, and gestured the sever to give one to the old gentleman outside on the bench as a favour. The server looked at Ricky, a little perplexed, without full comprehension of the request. Afterwards, there was a wonderful exchange between the server and the old man in need of some attention. I only wish I had taken a photo of the smiles on the both faces. As I was thinking about this event later on, I wondered to myself why Ricky didn’t perform this act of kindness himself. I suspect that deep down in his heart he was hoping that this act of kindness might inspire others to do something for this older man as well. Absolutely beautiful!
英语试题 第 2 页（共 10 页）
There are many ways of thinking when we met someone as the old man in need of kindness and attention. Perhaps he needs a little helping hand and thank God for my colleague who inspired the others to goodness as well. Oh, by the way, the last words Ricky told the server was, “There go I, but for the Grace of God.” 31. What was the author’s impression of the old gentleman? A. He was a greedy man. C. He was in poor health. A. annoyed B. confused B. He took on a sign of poor manners. D. He needed some kind of human care. C. embarrassed D. determined
32. The underlined word “perplexed” in the 1st paragraph probably means “________”. 33. Why didn’t Ricky give the favour to the old gentleman himself? A. He didn’t know the old gentleman. B. He was too shy to speak to strangers. C. He tried to influence others to be kind. D. He feared the old man would refuse his help. 34. What the author really thinks absolutely beautiful is that ________. A. an act of kindness could go widespread B. a cup of coffee could warm the old man C. the server was very kind to customers D. Ricky had created good impressions B Dear Parent, I have experience with parents who are over protective, always wanting to know every step that their child makes no matter where they are. I know a parent who drove her kid almost mad with how protective she was. The parent would not let her child do anything without her. She would always want to be with her child no matter what he was doing. If the child wanted to stay the night at a friend’s house, she would say no. And now her child gets more annoyed with his parent than anything else. It is tough having an over-protective parent. But being a protective parent can be a good thing. Wanting to know where your kids are is just an instinct, something that comes by nature. But it becomes over protective when someone’s parent is calling him or her 20 times a day just to see what he or she is doing. Parents like this aren’t really like pa rents. They are more like prison guards with their child being the prisoner. Having a prison guard for a child is a torture. The only thing the child can do is sit at home. Parents like this won’t let their children do anything. They sometimes allow them to go out with friends. But they have to be with them on dates and will not even let them out of their sight. With parents like this, it makes the kids feel like they have to escape just to have their own life outside of their parents. Wanting to protect a child is just something that comes with the job of being a parent, but being so protective to the point that you would put a tracking chip(芯片) in your child is horrible. Sincerely, Over-protected child 35. In the first two paragraphs, the author tries to _______. A. tell parents to stop their practices of over control B. make parents see if it is good to over control kids C. tell his/her personal stories of being overprotected D. show parents what it is like to be overprotected 36. If a parent keeps track of the child by calling one or two times, it can be seen as _______. A. overprotective B. considerate C. unconcerned D. unreasonable
英语试题 第 3 页（共 10 页）
37. When a child has a torture from parental overprotection, he or she probably _______. A. mentally and physically suffers B. drops out of school C. academically and morally fails D. ends up in prison 38. What’s the main message for parents in this letter? A. Being overprotective is good for their children. B. Children should not be allowed to go out on their own. C. Children don’t want to be watched all the time. D. Parents should leave their children completely alone. C If you have a private car, there may be opportunities to do more than just drive around where you live. You need to work out the details for a long trip. Anywhere you go, your end goal is to arrive safely and in good time at your destination. You might be very annoyed if your car breaks down or you experience some emergency, particularly if it could have been prevented. So if you want to have a smooth trip, these tips can be helpful. Firstly, it is best to guarantee that your car is running properly and doesn’t require any general maintenance (维修). Be certain to set up any needed service in advance so it can be completed before your trip. It is additionally important to have what you may need if you meet car trouble along the way. For example, will you remember to check the air pressure in your spare tire when you check the four tires currently on your vehicle? It should be adequately inflated (鼓起的) so you could drive on it if something happens to one of the other tires. If you need to fix your car during the trip, you should have the right equipment with you and be able to use it. There are of course other mechanical problems that you simply don’t know how to deal with. It might be wise to have contact information for towing ( 拖车 ) services and roadside assistance readily available in case of emergency. For a family trip, be equipped for unexpected interruptions. When you have kids, it is essential to have things available for them to do as well as food and drink. Remember to have everything packed, also including a first aid bag in case of any minor injuries or sickness. In cold weather, you should have extras like blankets to keep you warm if you get stuck. 39. Why do you have to get adequately prepared for your long car trip? A. To avoid breaking traffic laws. C. To reduce the cost on the trip. A. your car is in perfect condition C. you have long trip driving experience A. borrow convenient equipment C. inform the insurance company B. To make the travel trouble-free. D. To behave normally as drivers. B. your car needs general maintenance D. your passengers listen to you B. review the service documents D. seek nearest roadside assistance
40. Before starting the trip, you must make sure _______.
41. When you can’t manage a self-service for your car, you’d best _______.
42. From the last two paragraphs we can infer that _______. A. you’ve got to learn how to fix a car before starting a long trip B. most long distance trips are dangerous in one way or another C. children need more than just food and drink for a long trip D. it is not a good idea to take kids with you on a long trip
英语试题 第 4 页（共 10 页）
D For some reason we are reminded that we primates (灵长目动物) need love. Kim Bard and her colleagues carried out a study on 46 chimpanzee (大猩猩) orphans, which had lost their mothers. The study showed that primate babies that had tight relationships with mother figures did much better on cognitive (认知) tests than babies who only grew up with fellows, but this is not breaking news. In fact, it’s old news. In the 1950s, Harry Harlow did a series of experiments with baby monkeys, which showed that lack of love and comfort would make for a crazy monkey. Harlow made a cage that included a wire monkey “mother” with a plastic face. Then he equipped the “mother” with a milk bottle. The cage also had another wire “mother” who was covered with soft cloth. The baby monkeys spent all their time with the cloth “mother” and only went to the wire “mother” to feed. Harlow’s monkey experiment was important because, at the time, childcare experts, and everybody’s grandmother had a “no touch, no comfort” policy toward children. They advised parents not to respond to crying babies. They thought that babies should sleep alone to become independent. But Harlow’s work changed that policy. Mothers were soon allowed to have their babies next to them in the hospital. The current chimpanzees research based on Harlow’s work shows that mother’s love doesn’t just make for a psychologically (心理) healthy child, it also makes for a smart child. The highly raised chimpanzees do better than those that are not loved, and the well-raised chimpanzees do even better than human kids on IQ tests. We are social animals which need love. We need to be held and talked to and made to feel that at least one person wants to be with us all the time. 43. Through the study, Kim Bard concluded that _______. A. lack of mother love affects a child’s mental growth B. mother love improves a child’s physical development C. chimpanzees do better than monkeys in IQ tests D. mother love helps raise a more independent child 44. In Harlow’s experiment, the baby monkeys _______. A. stay more often with the wire “mother” with milk B. are emotionally attached to the clothed wire “mother” C. refuse to take the two wire “mothers” as real mothers D. respond in the same way to both wire “mothers” 45. What shows Harlow’s experiment changed the childcare policy? A. Babies’ separation form mothers. B. A “no touch, no comfort” policy. C. Babies stayed with their mothers. D. Grandmothers replaced mothers. 46. The current research on chimpanzees further proved that mother love _______. A. is not needed by everybody B. contributes to overweight C. prevents independence D. helps babies in more than one way
E You have to read “between the lines” to get the most out of anything. I mean you need to “write between the lines.” Marking up a book is an act of love. You shouldn’t mark up a book which isn’t yours. Librarians or your friends who lend you books expect you to keep them clean, and you should. If you decide that I am right about the usefulness of marking books, you will have to buy them. Most of the world’s great books are available today, in reprint editions, at less than a dollar. There are two ways one can own a book. The first is the property right you establish by paying for it, just as you pay for clothes and furniture. But this act of purchase is only the first step to possession. Full ownership comes only when you have made it a part of yourself, and the best way to make yourself a part of it is by writing
英语试题 第 5 页（共 10 页）
in it. An example may make the point clear. You buy a beefsteak and get it from the butcher’s ice-box to your own. But you do not own the beefsteak in the most important sense until you eat it and get it into your blood. I am arguing that books, too, must be absorbed in your blood to do you any good. Confusion about what it means to own a book leads people to a false respect for paper, cover, and type — a respect for the physical thing — the art of the printer rather than the wisdom of the author. They forget that it is possible for a man to get the idea, to possess the beauty, which a great book contains, without signing his name on the cover. Having a fine library doesn’t prove that its owner has a mind enriched by books; it proves nothing more than that he, his father, or his wife, was rich enough to buy them. 47. In the beginning, the author advises readers to _______. A. borrow a book C. keep clean a book A. paid for it C. really learned from it 49. Marking up a book is a sign that _______. A. you understand it and have it do good to you B. you have its ownership and the right to mark it C. you don’t have the habit to keep it clean D. you aren’t aware of the writer’s wisdom 50. What does the author discuss in the last paragraph? A. The process of printing a book. B. The meaning of owning a book. C. The wisdom of writing a book. D. The value of buying a book. 第二节 根据对话内容，从对话后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。选 项中有两项多余选项。（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，共 10 分） M: Good evening, Lily. Welcome to our talk show. W: Good evening, Mr. Smith. Thank you. M: 51 W: Yes, of course. My hometown is London and I was born there. But due to my father’s job, I went to Paris with my family and I grew up there. 52 M: Well, I see. What is that city like? W: 53 It is equipped with good facilities, so you can find everything you need there. M: And what do you like best about it? W: 54 It has fresh air and the environment is wonderful. M: What do you usually do in your spare time? W: Sometimes I go hiking with my friends to enjoy the beautiful nature there. M: 55 Thank you. Now, let’s talk about your job. B. purchase a book D. write in a book B. signed your name on it D. borrowed it from a friend
48. According to the author, real ownership of a book comes to you when you have_______.
英语试题 第 6 页（共 10 页）
A. Sounds great. B. I really enjoy it. C. What’s it famous for? D. I like its beautiful scenery the most. E. Now, I have moved to a small city in Italy. F. It has a large population and the citizens are very friendly. G. First, could you tell me something about your hometown?
英语试题 第 7 页（共 10 页）
第 II 卷（非选择题，共 60 分）
注意事项： 1．必须使用 0.5 毫米黑色墨迹签字笔在答题卡上题目所示的答题区域内作答。答在试题卷上无效。 2．第 II 卷共三节，共计 60 分。
第三部分 写（共三节；满分 60 分） 第一节 阅读表达（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，共 10 分） 阅读下面短文并用英语回答问题，请注意问题后的词数要求。 It was a stormy night, but in the White’s small living room, the fire burned brightly. Sitting by the fire and telling stories of distant countries was Morris: It’s hard enough to win in an interview even in the best of circumstances. But when you can’t afford to buy proper clothing for the interview, it becomes next to impossible. That’s where Dress for Success comes in. The organization, which is not for profit, helps low-income women prepare for job interviews. A customer that is referred to Dress for Success is given two suits for free. After she finds a job, she can join a support group that will help her to network and get advice about the workplace. Viola, a customer, had this to say: “Volunteers helped me to pick out a suit that I loved and then I was coached for my interview. Later, the interviewer told me that I came across as very capable (能干的) and confident.” The founder of Dress for Success is Nancy Lublin. It all started with a $5,000 fortune that Nancy received from her great-grandfather. Nancy, who had a talent for business, hired three nuns (修女) that knew a lot about the organization as it is today. It is a program that customers can now find in more than seventy cities in four countries. The organization has been featured on many TV networks, including CNN. Because of her hard work with Dress for Success, Nancy is a woman whom many admire. 56. What is essential for a woman to win in a job interview according to this passage? (no more than 2 words) 57. Who started the program called Dress for Success? 59. How was the program financed at the beginning? 60. Why is Viola mentioned in this passage? (no more than 2 words) (no more than 6 words)
58. What can the program offer to its customers besides clothing? (no more than 6 words) (no more than 8 words)
第二节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 下面短文中有 10 处语言错误。请在有错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（﹨）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意： 1. 每句不超过两个错误；
英语试题 第 8 页（共 10 页）
2. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 3. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Last Monday, our English teacher told us put our writing books on the desks so that he could check them. Honest speaking, I didn’t obey. However, I put my Chinese writing book on my desk. I really wondered how would happen. As the teacher found it out my trick, I pretended to be very surprising. “Oh, I’m sorry I took a wrong book for mistake because it has a same cover as my English writing book. I left my English writing book at home.” On hear this, the teacher said, “OK!” I narrowly escaped his punishment. Now I know I am wrong. 第三节：书面表达（满分 35 分） 某英文网站发起了论家庭饲养宠物的论坛，请你根据以下要点并结合你的感知，用英文写一篇短文， 参与该论坛的讨论。 1. 饲养宠物的流行情况； 2. 饲养宠物的好处与坏处； 3. 你家饲养的宠物的情况； 4. 饲养宠物最值得注意的地方。 注意： 1. 词数：120 左右； 2. 开头语和结尾语已为你写好； 3. 可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； 4. 文中不能出现考生真实姓名和学校名称。 Keeping Pets
绵阳市高中 2012 级第一次诊断性考试 英语试题参考答案及评分标准
第Ⅰ卷(选择题，共 90 分)
第一部分：英语知识运用（共二节，满分 40 分） 第一节：语法和词汇知识（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 1-5 ADBDB 6-10 CCACA 第二节：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 11-15 CBDCA 16-20 DABAB 21-25 DCBDA 26-30 BDACB 第二部分：阅读理解（共二节，满分 50 分） 第一节：阅读（每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 31-35 DBCAD 36-40 BACBA 41-45 DCABC 46-50 DDCAB 第二节：补全对话（每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 51-55 GBFDA 第Ⅱ卷（非选择题，共 60 分）
英语试题 第 9 页（共 10 页）
第三部分 写(共三节, 满分 60 分) 第一节 阅读表达（共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 10 分）
56. Proper clothing. 57. Nancy Lublin. 58. Advice for interview and job. 59. By money from Nancy's great-grandfather. 60. To prove that this program really works.
第二节 短文改错（共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分）
Last Monday, our English teacher told us∧put our writing books on the desks so that he to could check them. Honest speaking, I didn’t obey. However, I put my Chinese writing book on Honestly Instead my desk. I really wondered how would happen. As the teacher found it out my trick, I what pretended to be very surprising. “Oh, I’m sorry I took a wrong book for mistake because it has surprised by a same cover as my English writing book. I left my English writing book at home.” On hear the hearing this, the teacher said, “OK!” I narrowly escaped his punishment. Now I know I am wrong.
第三节 书面表达（满分 35 分） Nowadays, more and more families choose to spend much money and energy raising pets. Some pets even enjoy the same status as a real family member. Some people find it fun to raise a pet. They think the animal is friendly and interesting. It can accompany them and make them happy. However, it takes much time and energy to keep a pet. Some animals carry unknown diseases. It can be a danger to the animal master. As for my family, we prefer a dog than any other animal. We think it is smarter, and it needs less food and space than others. To keep a pet, you must make sure you have much spare time. At the same time, make sure the animal is safe in health and it does not disturb the neighbours.
英语试题 第 10 页（共 10 页）