台州中学 2012 学年第一学期期中试题 高一 英语 卷 I （选择题 满分 70 分） 一、听力（共两节，满分 17 分） 第一节 （共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话，每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读
一遍。 1. What does the woman think of the coffee? A. It’s cheap. B. It’s delicious. C. It’s pretty bad for local business. B. Her wallet was stolen. 2. What happened to the woman? A. Someone knocked her down. 3. What are the speakers doing? A. Having a dinner. B. Buying some fruit. C. Enjoying a holiday. C. Give Mr. Peterson a message. C. In a car. 4. What will the woman probably do next? A. Write something down. B. Call her sister. 5. Where does the conversation probably take place? A. Next to a gas station. B. On the side of the road. 第二节 （共 12 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 12 分） 听下面对话或独白，每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项 中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小 题, 每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6－7 题。 6. What matters most to the woman about teaching? A. Working with many different people. B. Having long vacations. 7. How does the woman feel about teaching? A. It’s boring. B. It’s rewarding. C. It’s always tiring. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8－9 题。 8. What is wrong with the girl? A. She has a headache and a sore throat. B. She has a cough and a fever. 9. What will the man do next? A. Take her to see the doctor. C. Bring her something to drink. 听第 8 段材料， ，回答第 10－13 题。 10. Why does the man go to that particular store? A. He heard they had a discount for jewelry. B. His wife likes that store a lot. C. He always buys his wife presents from that store. 11. Why does the man want to buy his wife a present? B. Give her some medicine. C. Her stomach hurts. C. Staying with young people. C. Her friend went to the hospital for an operation.
A. For Valentine’s Day.
B. For their anniversary. C. For her birthday. B. His wife already has something like it.
12. What does the man think of the first necklace? A. It is beautiful but expensive. C. The diamond was too large. 13. How much does the man pay in the end? A. $2000. B. $800. C. $720. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 14－17 题。 14. According to the talk, what makes a language easy to learn? A. It is spoken by a lot of people. B. It is similar in grammar and structure to your native language. C. It doesn’t contain too much vocabulary. 15. Why is Chinese considered one of the most difficult languages to learn? A. There are many characters with changeable meaning. B. There are many different writing systems. C. Its sentence structure is completely different from English. 16. Which languages’ writing systems are partly based on Chinese characters? A. Japanese and Arabic. A. It is written left to right. C. Many words come from English. 二、单项填空（共 16 小题；每小题 0.5 分，满分 8 分） 18.—We are going to have a picnic this weekend. — Oh, really? ______ A. Congratulations! B. Have fun! good solutions. A. still B. quiet C. calm D. silent 20. Barack Obama, _______ President of the United States, was given a Nobel Peace Prize in _______ year 2009. A. 不填; the much time. A. added up B. hidden away C. set down D. packed up 22.—Have you finished your experiment report, Jane? —Oh, my God. I’ve _____ forgotten all about that. A. exactly B. finally C. entirely D. freely 23. All the doctors in the hospital insisted that he _____ badly wounded and that he _____ at once. A. should be; be operated on C. be; was operated on Sunday？ A. leaves; takes off C. is leaving; is taking off B. is leaving; takes off D. leaves; is taking off B. were; must be operated on D. was; be operated on B. a; the C. the; the D. the; 不填 21. Have you _____ your things, Bob? We have to catch the 2:30pm train and we don’t have too C. Cheer up! D. Good luck! 19. In the face of danger, we need to stay ________. Only in this way can we come up with B. Korean and Arabic. C. Japanese and Korean. B. It uses few vowels. 17. What can we learn about Arabic?
24. Mr. Black ______ Shanghai in a few days. Do you know when the earliest plane _______ on
25. Unless you change your _____ towards your studies, you won’t make any progress, I believe. A. point A. enjoys B. idea B. has enjoyed C. attitude C. enjoyed D. sight D. had enjoyed 26. Is this the first time that Jack ________ this kind of food? 27. —Who called just now, Sam? —It’s Terry. She asked _____. A. that Alice was in C. if Alice was in A. ever since A. of A. surprised B. for B. concerned B. because B. if was Alice in D. whether was Alice in C. as if C. with C. excited D. though D. about D. determined
28. There was never any time for her to feel happy, _____ lots of people loved her. 29. I don’t think Lucy is a nice woman and I am tired_____ her empty talk. 30. The _____ look on Tom’s face showed that he completely believed in himself. 31. —Do you like traveling? —Sure. I _____ to Australia six months ago, but I _____ anywhere since then. A. went; didn't go C. went; haven't been A. which A. drive; to ride B. that B. driving; to ride C. when B. have gone; haven't been D. went; hadn't been D. what D. to drive; ride
32. It was last month ______ we bought this house and moved in. ks5u 33. Rather than ______ a car, our maths teacher prefers ______ a bicycle to go to school. C. to drive; riding 三、完形填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） It was still early when I arrived at my workplace. My watch said it was only 6 am. “Hi, I’m Janet.” I tried to sound cheerful, although I already knew that it was Rose. Rose, a middle-aged woman, stopped what she was doing and glasses. I could tell from her expression that she wasn’t “What do you want me to do? Start the coffee?” Rose “That’s not the 39 to make coffee.” I was 40 36 37 35 me over her to see a student worker. and went away. I filled the 38 and took over, 34 to work with
pot with cold water and began making coffee when Rose suddenly supervisor (视导员) showed us.
as I just followed the steps our 42 me.
41 I did pleased her. All morning her eyes missed nothing and her words Totally tired, I came home late that afternoon. Fighting back to 45 . Then I had the answer — I needed to 46 43 her. alone in my room. Should I see if my supervisor would change my Working with Rose the next morning, I 47 44
, I thought of my situation ? But I didn’t want
her sharp words and did things in her way as to me. As I
much as possible. Things began to change over the next few days. She became 48 worked with this woman, I listened to her — something no one else had done.
I never see Rose again after that summer, but I still remember her. That summer I learned a lesson that love is the best way to turn an enemy into a friend. 34. A. useful B. interesting C. strange D. difficult 35. A. smiled at B. shouted at C. looked at D. glared at
36. A. sad 37. A. nodded 38. A. agreed 39. A. time 40. A. serious 41. A. Nothing 42. A. attracted 43. A. fear 44. A. mind 45. A. get down 46. A. notice 47. A. enjoyed 48. A. helpful
B. pleased B. shook B. decided B. way B. excited B. Something B. hurt B. worry B. plan B. give in B. trust B. heard B. friendly
C. nervous C. spoke C. appeared C. place C. bored C. Anything C. moved C. pride C. work C. go away C. show C. ignored C. angry
D. interested D. stood D. requested D. student D. shocked D. Everything D. taught D. tears D. tool D. come up D. love D. considered D. thankful
四、阅读理解（共20小题；每小题1.5分，满分30分） 第一节：阅读下列短文，然后从 49－64 各题所给的四个选项 A、B、C 和 D 中，选出 最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。 A Once I had an unforgettable experience which has changed and directed the way I think and act even nowadays. When I was about seven years old, my grandfather took me to a fish pond on a farm and told me to throw a stone into the water. He told me to watch the circles created by the stone. Then he asked me to think of myself as that stone. “You may create lots of circles in your life, but the waves that come from those circles will disturb the peace of all your fellow people,” he said thoughtfully. “Remember that your circle may touch many other circles, meaning that your thoughts or actions may disturb others’ lives. You are responsible for what you put in your circle. You will need to live in a way that allows the good or peace that comes from your circle to be sent to others. At the same time, the anger or jealousy(嫉妒) coming from your circle may also spread to other circles. You are responsible for both.” For the first time in my life, I realized that each person’s inner peace or discord(不和谐) can flow out into the world. If we are filled with inner conflict(冲突), doubt or anger, we cannot create world peace. We spread the feelings and thoughts that we hold inside, whether we speak them or not. Whatever circles are inside us, they are spreading into the world, creating beauty or discord with all other circles of life. 49. The author’s grandfather took him/her to the fishpond to_______. A. go fishing together D. correct his/her wrong doings B. play a fun game with the author D. teach him/her a meaningful truth of life
50. What does the author want to say by telling us his unforgettable experience? A. We only have to be responsible for our own feelings B. What we think and do can affect others’ lives. C. We’d better not keep in touch with other people. D. It’s not easy to keep a good relationship with other people. 51. The author would probably agree that we should________. A. share our happiness with other people
B. complain about the misfortune in our lives C. send our anger to other people D. hide our feelings and never express them to others B Everybody is unique in this world, that is, no one is the same as one another. But do you know that understanding differences can help you better manage your money? As we grow up, we gradually develop a set of our own values or beliefs. These are influenced by society, our family, the education we receive and so on. Once this value system is set up, it's not easy to change later in life. Financial experts say that everyone also has their own belief of how to manage their money. This is part of our value system and it has a great effect on the way we look after our money. According to our different values, experts put us in three categories. They are: the ant, the cricket (蟋蟀) and the snail. ◆ ant — works first The Just like ants who work heart and soul in summer in order to store food for winter, these people don't care about enjoying the moment. They work very hard and save money they earn so that they can enjoy life when they get old and retire. The ant loves to save but they could make more out of their money if they were willing to invest（投资） in some funds and stocks with low risk. ◆ cricket — fun first The The cricket cares about everything at the moment but not the future. They even borrow money when they really want something. Many young people now belong to this group. These people have little savings. When they get old, they might have problems. They should learn to save and buy insurance. ◆ snail — lives under pressure The The snail refers to people who make life difficult for themselves. They take big long-term loans from the bank in order to buy things such as luxury houses. They are happy to take big loans even though they may not be able to afford it. This can cause problems in the future. They should plan more carefully. 52. One’s beliefs and values are affected by the following except _____. A. money B. family C. education D. society 53. People with the character of the cricket will probably _____. A. care about the moment and work hard as well B. borrow money to live a luxury life C. take the risk of investing a large sum of money D. enjoy life now without thinking much about the future 54. Of the three types of people, the one that has no weakness is_________. A. the ant B. the cricket C. the snail D. none of them 55. This passage mainly talks about _____. A. the insects in nature C. people’s values and beliefs B. people’s ways of dealing with money D. the relation between man and insects C If touring in a large group isn’t fit for you and the idea of driving yourself doesn’t attract you,
a small group journey with the Great New Zealand Travel Company might be just the answer. Panorama — 24 Days Discover why New Zealand remains one of the world’s most popular destinations. This leisurely, 24-day journey offers you a wide choice of things to do and places to see. You will enjoy plenty of time to sightsee, relax and experience the lifestyle that is in New Zealand. Departure Dates: Jan. 12, 26; Feb. 9, 23 Nikau — 13 Days This 13-day journey from Auckland to Christchurch lets you experience the true diversity of this beautiful country. History, culture, scenery and adventure, they all feature on this trip to give you a brief insight into the land. Departure Dates: Jan. 2, 23; Feb. 2, 16 Southern Adventure — 11 Days Enjoy a South Island holiday with exciting sightseeing and activities, including the world-famous whale-watch at KaiKoura and a wildlife tour on Akaroa Harbour. This tour will take you on a journey of discovery. Departure Dates: Jan. 17, 31; Feb. 7, 24 Northland — 4 Days The Bay of Islands is a great place and should not be missed if time permits. You will visit the Northland region, the birthplace of New Zealand as we know it today. See the oldest Maori and European Settlements in the country and take an eco-cultural trip into the Waipoua Forest. Enjoy free time to learn more of the early days of the nation. Departure Dates: daily A. relaxing B. tiring C. expensive Price: NZ$2,015 D. interesting 56. The underlined word “leisurely” in Paragraph 2 probably means _________. 57. Tourists who are interested in wild animals should choose __________ A. Panorama — 24 Days C. Southern Adventure — 11 Days A. culture B. agriculture B. Nikau — 13 Days D. Northland — 4 Days C. population D. history Price: NZ$5,820 Price: NZ$5,680 Price: NZ$10,715
58. A tour to the Bay of Islands helps tourists learn about New Zealand’s _______ 59. According to the passage, who will be interested in having these trips? A. people who love traveling with a large group B. foreigners who have a lot of free time C. tourists who enjoy staying in a small groupks5u D. natives who know much about their country D The other day I came across a few local musicians and happened to hear them talking: “I hate all the terrible pianos in this town. I hate that rubbish they play on the radio. They can’t even understand a bit of music.” “I’m never playing in that club again. Too many drunks and nobody listens to us.” But one younger musician said, “There are a few clubs that book my band a few nights a month, and I’m trying to find other places to play. I’m also looking forward to booking a few summer festivals this year.” It’s said that you are the average of the five people whom you spend the most time with, or to
put it another way, you are who your friends are. Attitudes are important. Whether they’re positive(积极的) or negative, they’re rubbing off on you. If you’re always around people who complain about lack of work and about other musicians or blame (责怪) others, and you play the role of victim (受害者), chances are that you will start to as well. So it’s time to take a look at the people you call “friends”, as what kind of friends you have determines what kind of life you are going to live. This is an easy exercise: Make a list of the people who you often hang out with, and simply stop spending time with the negative people on your list. Set a new standard (标准) for yourself and don’t become friends with people who fall below that standard. Keep successful people around you and your own chances for success will be much better. Ask them how they do it and learn from them. Ask if they will help you get the work you’re looking for, or maybe give you some advice to help you on your career path. 60. Which of the following would be the best title for this passage? A. You are who your friends are C. A friend in need is a friend indeed A. the musicians live a poor life B. people have poor taste in music C. people have different attitudes towards the same thing D. young people have greater chances of succeeding 62. The underlined sentence “they’re rubbing off on you” in Paragraph 6 means ______. A. they’ll push you ahead C. they’ll cover your feelings A. improve a lot in making more friends B. come to the right way of making friends C. develop a better relationship with your friends D. plan the time with your friends properly 64. The passage is mainly written for ______. A. unsuccessful musicians C. negative people B. successful managers D. people wanting to succeed B. they’ll have an effect on you D. they’ll help you succeed B. How to make friendship last forever D. Friends are the most important in one’s success
61. The musicians’ words at the beginning are written mainly to show ______.
63. By taking the exercise mentioned in Paragraph 7, you can ______.
第二节：Molly 信箱是一个报刊栏目，主持人 Molly 回答读者提出的各种问题。第 65 至 68 题是四位读者的来信。请从 A、B、C、D 和 E 中为每封来信选出最合适的回答。选项 中有一项是多余选项。 65. Dear Molly, I have a problem. My parents are always talking to me about studying. They want me to study harder so I can go to a good school. I know studying is very important, but my parents put too much pressure on me. How can I explain to my parents that I need some free time? — Overworked 66. Dear Molly, My best friend Tony is a nice young man, but he has a bad habit. He is always late. No matter where he is going or what he is doing, he is never on time. Once he turned up thirty minutes late for a meeting! What can I do to break him of this bad habit?
— Worried 67. Dear Molly, My cousin plays computer games a lot and he keeps on talking to me about various games. I don’t have any interest at all, but I find it difficult to stop him without hurting his feelings. Would you kindly give me some advice. ks5u — Shy 68. Dear Molly, I have a new roommate named Louis. He is a good friend of mine, but he is driving me crazy because he is very untidy. He leaves his dirty clothes everywhere, and he never makes his bed. I am extremely neat. What can I do? — Unhappy A
Dear XX, As I see it, you have three choices. You can find a new flat for yourself, make him find a new one, or have a talk with him and see if you could both be a little less extreme in your attitudes towards housekeeping. I would suggest you start with the third.
Dear XX, This is a common problem for people of your age. Tell your parents how you feel. Let them know you respect them. Maybe you can make a deal with them. For example, ask tem for one day off each week to do what you want to do. Molly
Dear XX, You could try talking to him about the importance if being on time. If it doesn’t work, one trick you can try is to ask him to set his clock 15 minutes ahead. You could also tell him that something starts 15 minutes or more before it really starts. Molly
Dear XX, “Be yourself” is the best solution. If I were you, I’d tell him to leave me alone. At least tell him, “That was hurtful. Please don’t say things like that to me. I’m a football fan and like watching football games. I can make my own decision. Molly
Dear XX, Next time when he begins talking, you might stop him with a smile, saying “ That’s interesting, but I hope you understand that is my time to relax. I need to do some reading now.” He may sense your unwillingness and stop talking. Molly
卷 II （非选择题 满分 30 分） 五、单词拼写（共 10 小题；每小题 0.5 分，满分 5 分） 根据下列句子及所给单词的首字母，写出各单词的正确形式（每空限填一词） 。 69. After g_____________ from Tsinghua University, she worked as an engineer. 70. It took a long time for him to r____________ from a bad cold. 71. We tried to p____________ him to give up the plan, but he didn’t listen to us. 72. I didn't like him at first, but in the end I a________ got quite fond of him. 73. I don’t think it was an accident at all. Your brother did it on p___________. 74. Mo Yan, the winner of Nobel Literature Prize this year, said he was g___________ to his family for their support. 75. No one is perfect, for they all have some s_______________. 76. Of the phrases “go crazy” and “go nuts”, the l_____________ is used less often. 77. Though she changed much, I r____________ her at first sight. 78. Don’t always stay indoors. You’d better go o____________ for fun. 六、按照课文内容填空（共 10 小题; 每小题 0.5 分，满分 5 分） 阅读下面的短文， 在标有序号的空白处填入一个适当的词， 或填入括号中单词的适当形 式。 All languages change and develop 79 cultures meet and communicate with each other, 80 (base) more on German than the 82 84 (settle) enriched the English language, happened. 85 86 .Will so does English. At first, the English used in England English we speak at 81 . However, the new 83 the 19 century, when two big changes in English
its vocabulary. So English became less like German. The language finally became stable by English is now used throughout the world. In India, there are a large number of
English speakers while in China, the number of people learning English is increasing Chinese English develop its own 87 ? Maybe only time will 88 . 七、短文改错（共 10 小题; 每小题 0.5 分，满分 5 分）ks5u
假如英语课上老师要求同学们交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中 有 10 处错误，要求你在错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧)，并在其下面写上该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写上修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词。 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多者(从 11 处起)不计分。
例如：It was very nice to get your invitation to spend/\ weekend with you. Luckily I was the on Last summer, I go to America and studied at a language school. I had many wonderful experience, but I also had a sad one. One day, the school took a party, where I was invited to talk about Tianjin. After that they asked me a lot of things about China. But I couldn’t explain them with English clearly. I felt sadly. I learnt a lesson from this experience. I have already studied English for eight years, I can’t use it very well. I must work hard to improve my speaking English so that I will not be able to communicate freely with foreigners. I hope I can be the bridge between China and others countries in the future. 八、书面表达（满分 15 分） 越来越多的中国中学生出国学习， 对此人们有不同的看法。 请根据以下提示， Studying 以 Abroad 为题给二十一世纪英文报中学生版写一篇短文。 赞成者认为 1. 2. 3. 与不同文化背景的人交友。 更快地学习外语。 …… 1. 2. 3. 反对者认为 年纪小、缺乏生活经验，自理能力差。 情感孤独，思乡。 …… …… 注意：1．短文须包括所有要点，内容连贯； 2．词数；120 左右；开头已给出（不计 入总词数） 。 Studying Abroad In recent years, studying abroad has been popular with Chinese high school students. ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ am completely free then, so I’ll to say “yes”. I’ll arrive in Bristol at around 8 pm in Friday evening.
你 自 己 的 看 法
台州中学 2012 学年第一学期期中试题 高一 英语 一、听力（共两节，满分 17 分） 1—5 BBCAB 5—10 ABACB 11—15 AABBA 16—17 CB 二、单项填空（共 16 小题；每小题 0.5 分，满分 8 分） 18-20 BCA 21-25 DCDBC 26-30 BCDAD 31-33 CBA
三、完形填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 34-35. DC 36-40. BACBD 41-45. ABDCB 46-48. DCB
四、阅读理解（共20小题；每小题1.5分，满分30分） 49-51 DBA 52-55 ADDB 56-59 ACDC 60-64 ACBBD 65-68 BCEA
五、单词拼写（共 10 小题；每小题 0.5 分，满分 5 分） 69. graduating 74. grateful 70. recover 71. persuade 72. actually 73. purpose
75. shortcomings 76. latter
77. recognized 78. outdoors
六、按照课文内容填空（共 10 小题; 每小题 0.5 分，满分 5 分） 79. when 84. spelling 80. was based 85. fluent 81. present 86. rapidly 82. settlers 87. identity 83. especially 88. tell
七、短文改错（共 10 小题; 每小题 0.5 分，满分 5 分） 89. go —went 93. sadly —sad 90. experiences 94. ^ but “I can’t” 91. took — held 95. speaking —spoken 98. others— otherks5u 92. with— in
96. not 删掉 97. the— a 八、书面表达（满分 15 分）
Studying Abroad In recent years, studying abroad has been popular with Chinese high school students. As for this, people have different opinions. Some people are for it as it has many advantages. Students studying abroad can not only make friends with people of different cultures but can improve their foreign languages more quickly. Meanwhile, they can learn more knowledge about foreign countries. However, other people argue that students, without any living experience, are too young to live by themselves. Being far away from their motherland, they may suffer from loneliness and homesickness. Besides, the high cost is also a problem for ordinary families. Personally speaking, studying abroad contributes to students’ growth, for it broadens their horizons as well as makes them learn to be independent. However, before going abroad, they’d better ask teachers or students who have studied abroad for advice and get well prepared for it.