Unit 3 Travel Journal 考 点 导 航
n. 日记；杂志_______运输_______不利条件_______费用________缺 点_________旅行， 旅程________海拔高度________山谷_______拐角 ________态度看法________预测， 预报__
_______小包， 包裹________ 保险______风景， 视野__________枕头_________午夜________火焰， 光芒________寺庙_________洞穴________ v．更喜欢；选择某事物_______；流动；流出 ________；说服；劝 说_______；骑自行车____；毕业______；组织；成立______；决定； 确定；下定决心_______；缓慢而行________; 沸腾_______； adj. 喜爱的；慈爱的_______；顽固的；固执的______；可信赖的； 可靠的________; prep.在??下面__________ 自 从 ______ 喜 爱 ； 喜 欢 ________ 关 心 ； 忧 虑 ________ 改 变 主 意 ________ 下决心；决定________ 让步________ 照常________ 在午夜 ________ 现在进行时表示将来 Where are we going? When are we leaving? When are we coming back? Lucy is taking her mother some flowers. 1．讨论未来的计划 When are you leaving? How are you going to... When are you arriving in/at---? Where are you staying? How long are you staying in---? When are you coming back? 2.祝愿和告别 Have a nice/good time ! Good luck on your journey ! Best wishes to. . . Have a nice/good trip/journey!
学 法 指 导
2011 高考命题趋向分析 1.动词的固定搭配和用法辨析是历年来高考考查的重点，persuade sb. of, persuade sb. to do sth., persuade that----,和近义词短语 advice sb. to do, advise sb.(sb.‘s)doing 及 advice 后接宾语从 句用虚拟语气的用法是考查角度之一，2007 上海卷中考查了 persuade 在不同的时态中的辨 析。2011 年很可能把 persuade,try,manage，advise 等词放在一起考查 2. insist, suggest 各自的用法要注意；这两个动词都可以用于虚拟语气和陈述句中。具体语
气的选择要根据句子语境。 当 insist 表示坚持某种看法、行为时，suggest 表示―暗示‖意思 时均用陈述语气。2007 年全国卷考查了 suggest,prefer,expect,suppose 的辨析 2011 届考生在 复习备考中仍需注意四个词的用法和辨析 3.give in,give up 的词义辨析，以及 give 构成的短语 give out, give off, give away 等考生应该 牢记并能依据语境灵活运用考查词义，历年高考多次涉及到它们。 2007 福建卷考查了 turn out, find out,give out,carry out 四个短语的辨析。 07 陕西卷考查了 give out 与 find out,hand out 和 work out 的辨析。2011 年仍可能考查该点
15 分钟 自主梳理
1. persuade 一词的结构。它同 advise sb to do 有什么区别？ 2. insist on /stick to 的区别；insist 后的宾语从句陈述和虚拟语气的选择；类似 insist 且后 面跟虚拟语气的其他词汇你能写出来多少？总结一下。 3. 总结一下你所掌握的 give 有哪些常用的短语？你能写出它们的常考用法吗？必要时查 一下词典把它们总结下来。 4. Unit 1 中出现的强调句型为高中阶段的重点句型结构。你能否总结一下它的用法？（一 般式、疑问式、特殊疑问式、宾语从句中以及 not until 句型的强调式） 5. while 引导让步状语从句和表示“对比性转折”为近几年高考的考查热点。
1. （2007 福建卷） 6. The news of the mayor‘s coming to our school for a visit was on the radio yesterday. A.turned out B.found out C.given out D.carried out 2.（2007 陕西卷）13. We had wanted to finish our task by noon, but it didn‘t quite . A.find out B.give out C.hand out D.work out 3.（2007 浙江卷）19. Would you please ______ this form for me to see if I‘ve filled it in right? A. take off B. look after C. give up D. go over 4.（08 江苏卷）31. —I‘m still working on my project. —Oh, you‘ll miss the deadline. Time is ______. A. running out B. going out C. giving out D. losing out 5.（08 山东卷）29. Einstein liked Bose‘s paper so much that he ______ his own work and translated it into German. A. gave off B. turned down C. took over D. set aside 6.（09 安徽）10. We tried to find a table for seven，but they were all A. given away C. taken up B. kept away D. used up .
7.（09 湖北）13. During the war there was a serious lack of food. It was not unusual that even the
wealthy families had to ______ bread for days. A. eat up B. give away C. do without D. deal with
8. （09 陕西） 20. A. notice was A. sent up B. given up
in order to remind the students of the changed lecture time. C. set up D. put up
45 分钟 考点突破
1．persuade F．说服，劝服；使相信，使信服 persuasion 凡．persuasive adj.劝说的，有说服 力的 常见短语： persuade sb. to do sth.= persuade sb. into doing sth.说服某人做某事； persuade sb. not to do sth.=persuade sb. out of doing sth.说服某人不要做某事；persuade sb. of sth.=persuade sb. +that--使某人相信 辨析：persuade 强调“劝说”已收到成效；advise 并不涉及是否有成效，甚至说而不服。 try to persuade sb. to do sth.=advise sb. to do sth.尽力劝说某人做某事（不一定劝说成功） 即学活用： 1)翻译：他是那种可以被说服做任何事情的人。 ___________________________________________. 2) Can you persuade her________________（不穿）that dress? 3) I_____________him to stop smoking, but he refused to do so. 2．insist vi. 坚持，坚持说；坚决主张／认为 常见短语：1) insist on/ upon sth/ doing sth./ one's doing sth.坚持某事／做某事／某人做某 事 2) insist that---“坚持认为，坚持说” ，表示“坚持一种说法、看法或事实” ，宾语从句使 用陈述语序及相应的时态。 3) insist that ---“坚持，坚决主张” ，其后的 that 从句使用虚拟语气，谓语动词用 should do 形式，should 可以省略。 辨析:insist on 坚持做某事；stick to 坚持计划、理论、意见等名词或代词 ． 即学活用： 1) He________ ____________staying here. 2)Tom always________ ________his promise.
3) The lady insisted that the young man____her wallet and insisted on____to the police station at once. A. had stolen; be sent B.should steal; sending him C. had stolen; his being sent D.should steal; sending 3．determine vt. 决定，确定，下定决心 determination n．决心 determined adj.坚决的；有 决心的。 常用短语： determine on+n ．／ pron. determine to do sth. 表示动作，非延续性动词短语； be determined to do sth.表示状态，可与表示时间段的状语连用；determine that/ be determined that ---后面所接的从句中谓语用 should+动词原形，should 可以省略；make up one's mind to do sth.决心做某事 decide to do sth.决定做某事 即学活用： 1) ______to train his daughter in English, he put an ad like this in the paper,“____an English teacher for a ten - year - old girl". A. Determined; Wanted B.Determined; Wanting C. Determine; Wanted D.Determining; Wanting 2)I left him,____never to come back again. A. being determined B.was determined C.determining D.determined 3) ---What about the person? ---Seldom in all my life____such a____person. A. I met;determining B.I have met;determining C. did I meet; determined D.have I met; determined 4. care about 常用短语：care for/ take care of/be careful／careless 辨析：care about 关心；在乎；一般多用于否定句；care for 照顾；喜欢；愿意 即学活用： 1) I don't _____________what people have said. 2)Lily spent years____________ _____________her sick uncle. 3) Would you_________ ___________some coffee? 5．give in 让步；投降；上交 常用短语：表示“让步；投降”为不及物，需用：give in to sb.／sth; 表示“上交”为及 物，可以用 give sth. in 辨析： give away 赠送，给予；揭发，泄露；give back 归还；恢复；give off 放出；散发 出（液体、气体、气味、热量、能量、光、声音） ；give oneself to 专心于，迷恋于；give out 放出（声、光、热）分发；用完，消耗尽，筋疲力尽；give over 交付；托付；give up 放弃， 戒掉；停止；结束；give way to 让位；让路于 即学活用： 1) He won't _______ ________to their demands. 2) Don't mention that at the beginning of the story, or it may_______the shocking ending. A. give away B.give out C.give up D.give off 3) The teacher is________ _________the examination papers. 4) She________ ______her job to look after her sick mother. 6．强调句式 it +be+被强调部分+that/who/whom+句子其他成分 常用句式：1）一般式：It was my uncle who/that bought a new car yesterday. 2）一般疑问句式：ls it at 7:30 that Tom often goes to work?
3）特殊疑问句式：When was it that your uncle bought a new car?只用 that 引导 4）宾语从句中的强调句：I wonder when it was that my uncle bought a new car. 5）强调句和定语从句等从句混在一起：lt was in the factory where we worked together that we got to know each other. 6） 强调 not…until 句式： It was not until his father came back that he went to bed. 即景活用： 1)---______that makes her different from the other students? ---Honestly, hard work and,I suppose,a bit of imagination. A. What do you know B.What do you think it is C. How do you believe D.How come that 2) ---Where did you get to know her? ---lt was on the farm____we worked(2010 济宁模拟). A. that B.there C.which D.where 3) I just wonder____that makes him so excited. (2010 山东模拟) A. why it does B.what he does C.how it is D.what it is 自我总结：
一．用方框中所给单词或词组的适当形式填空 persuade; determine; record; familiar to ; dream of ; change one’s mind; insist on ; attitude that ; which ; advise ;
1. Don't let yourself________ _______ ________buying things you don't really want. 2. His friends__________him______see a doctor, but he refused all of them. 3. He________ ________his innocence, even though the police refused to believe him. 4. We________ __________go at once. 5. What's your______ ________this problem? 6. The voice on the phone sounded_______ _________me. 7. Since getting to know him better,I______ _________ ________ ________about him. 8. It is the education_______ he received when studying abroad_______had made him such an excellent manager 二．请用本单元所学单词或短语的适当形式填空 1. Can you i_________life on the moon? 2.1 was persuaded by him, so I had to_________（屈服） ． 3．He gets up as early_________ _________（像往常一样） ． 4. Is the news in the paper r________? 5. To write a good essay you must first o_________your ideas logically. 三．根据中文提示完成下列句子 1._______________________________（是我姐姐首先想到??） cycle along the Mekong
River from where it begins to where it ends. 2. When I told her the air would___________________（呼吸困难）and it would be very cold, she said it would be an interesting experience. 3._________________________（一旦她下定决心） ，nothing can change it． 4. I_______________（喜欢）my sister but she has one serious_____________（缺点） ． 5._______________________(半夜里) the sky became clearer and_______________ （星星更亮 了） ． 6. After graduating from college , __________________________ （我们终于有了机会骑自 行车旅行) . 四. 单项选择 l. I can' t imagine ______at a person in trouble. A. you to laugn B. you laughing C. you laughed D. why laughing 2. --- He won ' t get well until tomorrow. ---___________. A. I‘ m afraid B. I fear so C. I hope so D. I don't hope so 3. I advise that she______ the book at once. A. translate B. translates C. would translate D. translated 4. --- Are you still busy? --- Yes, I ______my work , and it won ' t take long. (2009 江城模拟) A. just finish B. am just finishing C. have just finished D. am just going to finish 5. Listen to the two girls by the window. What language _______? (2010 盐城一中月考) A. did they speak B. were they speaking C. are they speaking D. have they been speaking 6. Jane tried to keep up a calm appearance, but trembling voice________. . A. gave her away B. gave her out C. .gave her in D. gave her up 7. I don' t really work here; I_________ until the new secretary arrives. A. just help out B. have just helped out C. am just helping out D. will just help out 8. I' ve won a holiday for two weeks to Florida. I ______ my mum. A. am taking B. have taken C. take D. will have taken 9. ---What were you doing when he came to see you? ---I had just put on my overcoat and _____ to visit a friend of mine. A. leaving B. was left C. left D. was leaving 五．背诵下列经典句子： 1. Since middle school, my sister Wang Wei and I have dreamed about taking a great bike trip. 2. When we graduated from college, we finally got the chance to do it. 3.Many people put their thoughts into a diary but others write about their travels in what is called a travel journal. 4. For one thing,a journal isn't as personal as a diary. For another( thing),a travel journal has a different purpose. 六.美文背诵（好学生应具备的品质）
一个好的学生应该具有许多优秀品质（如下图所示） ，你认为哪个或哪两个是最重的 呢？为什么？请分析原因，并结合自己的生活实际，写下你的感悟。 Being passionate, honest and hard – working, a good student is always listening and learning. Personally speaking, I strongly believe that honesty is of utmost importance among dozens of good qualities. There is a proverb that goes ‘Honesty is the best policy’ , and it seems as true as it was when first coined. The most important element in human relationships, whether business or personal, is trust. Here is one of my secrets. I once lied to my parents because of my poor scores. Having known the real fact from teachers, they praised and encouraged me, showing their deep love. Later days, my conscience swallowed me, growing as I told lies in an effort to conceal my original deceit. I gave it up, and chose to be frank. Wow! It is better to stick to the truth! From then on, I have kept the following in my minds: If it is not true, don‘t say it. If it is not right, don‘t do it. Honesty is not the best policy, but also a principle, which is absolutely essential for the good and happy living of life.
阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中，选出可以填入空白处的 最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 （08 安徽）There are many different ways of seeing a town for the first time. One of them is to walk around it, guide-book history and time and 38 40 36 hand. Of course, we may 37 with our guide-books the 39 then, if we take out 41 it as a
developments of a town and get to know them.
in a town for a while, we may get to know it better. When we 42
whole, we begin to have some the town just 43
,which even the best guide-books do not answer. Why is 44 in this
this, this shape, this plan, this size? Why do its streets 45 way? 46
particular way, and not in any
Here even the best guide-book town has developed to the 47
us. One can‘t find in it the information about how a 48
appearance. It may not describe the original (最初的) 49
of a town. However, one may get some idea of what it town. One can also imagine 50
look like by walking around the
the town was first planned and 51_. Then one can learn 51 to develop. 53 that one gets a 54 visit to a
more about in what direction the town What is the 52
of studying towns in the way? For me, it is
greater depth of pleasure by visiting and seeing a town with one‘s own eyes. A town may help one better understand why it is attractive 55
just reading about it in a
guide-book. 36. A. in 37. A. write 38. A. strange 39. A. But 40. A.look at 41. A. look at 42. A. ideas 43. A. of 44. A. open 45. A. one 46. A. helps 47. A. old 48. A. capital 49. A. used to 50. A. what 51. A. stops 52. A. point 53. A.nearly 54. A.costly 55. A. from B.at B. study B. similar B. Before B. work B. look after B. opinions B. for B. run B. more B. tricks B. normal B. meaning B. seemed to B. how B. appears B. view B. simply B. formal B.than C. by C. tell C. separate C. Since C. stay C. look for C. feelings C. like C. begin C. other C. fails C. first C. design C. had to C. when C. starts C. problem C. generally C. group C. through D. on D. remember D. special D. Until D.wail D. look up D. questions D.as D. move D. such D. satisfies D. present D. change D. happened to D. where D. continues D. difficulty D. hardly D. personal D. with
GET YOUR DEGREE AT HOME! Have you ever wondered what a Degree might be worth to you in your job or career(事业)? It means a lot of Americans with an Associate Degree average nearly $10,000 more in yearly earnings than those with just a High School Diploma(毕业证). Harcourt Learning Direct offers you a way to get a Specialized Associate Degree in 11 of today‘s growing fields-without having to go to college full time. With Harcourt, you study at home, in your spare time;so you don‘t have to give up your present job while you train for a better one. Choose from exciting majors like Business Management, Accounting, Dressmaking ＆Design,
Bookkeeping, Photography, Computer Science, Engineering, and more! Your training includes everything you need! Books, lessons, learning aids even professional-quality tools and equipment--everything you need to master your training and more ahead to a new career is included in the low tuition(学费) price you pay. Your education is nationally recognized! Nearly 2, 000 American companies including General Electric, IBM, Mobile, General Motors, Ford, and many others have used our training for their employees. If companies like these recognize the value of our training, you can be sure that employees in your area will, too! Earn your degree in as little as two years! Get a career diploma in just six months! The career of your dreams is closer than you think! Even if you have no experience before, you can get valuable job skills in today‘s hottest fields! Step-by-step lessons make learning easy. Prepare for promotions( 提 升 ), pay raises, even start a business of your own! Send today for FREE information about Harcourt at home training! Simply fill in your name and address on the coupon(票券) above. Then write in the name and number of the one program you‘re most interested in, and mail it today. We‘ll rush your free information about how you can take advantage of the opportunities(机会) in the field you‘ve chosen. Act today! Mail coupon today! Or call the number below 1-800-372-1589. Call any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. www. Harcourt-learning. com E-mail：Harcourt＠learning. com. 1. This advertisement aims at calling on people to ________. A. attend full-time universities B. work part time to further their education C. improve their education at home to get better jobs D. earn their degrees in different ways that suit them 2. Which of the following is NOT clearly mentioned in this advertisement? A. The way how you will get your degree. B. Tuition price. C. The hot fields you will be preparing yourself for. D. The length of time it will take you to get a degree. 3. What does the writer of this ad intend to say by naming General Electric, IBM, Ford, etc.? A. To show that their training is widely used in the country.
B. To show that the training program is fully supported by famous companies in the U. S. C. To prove the value of their training in every area. D. To show the importance of getting recognized by the most famous companies. 4. It seems to the writer that the greatest attraction for people to take their training is______. A. its convenience B. the degree‘s nation-wide recognition C. the economic benefit(利益) it will bring about D. the hot fields the training will help people to enter 5. How many ways are mentioned in the ad for people to get in touch with the Harcourt Learning Direct? A. One. B. Two. C. Three. D. Four.
B Even before my father left us, my mother had to go back to work to support our family. Once I came out of the kitchen, complaining, ―Mom, I can‘t peel potatoes. I have only one hand.‖ Mom never looked up from sewing. ―You get yourself into that kitchen and peel those potatoes,‖ she told me. ―And don‘t ever use that as an excuse for anything again!‖ In the second grade, our teacher lined up my class on the playground and had each of us race across the monkey bars, swinging from one high steel rod to the next. When it was my turn, I shook my head. Some kids behind me laughed, and I went home crying. That night I told Mom about it. She hugged me, and I saw her ―we‘ll see about that‖ look. The next afternoon, she took me back to school. At the deserted playground, Mom looked carefully at the bars. ―Now, pull up with your right arm,‖ she advised. She stood by as I struggled to lift myself with my right hand until I could hook the bar with my other elbow. Day after day we practiced, and she praised me for every rung I reached. I‘ll never forget the next time, crossing the rungs, I looked down at the kids who were standing with their mouths open. One night, after a dance at my new junior high, I lay in bed sobbing. I could hear Mom come into my room. ―Mom,‖ I said, weeping, ―none of the boys would dance with me.‖ For a long time, I didn‘t hear anything. Then she said, ―Oh, honey, someday you‘ll be beating
those boys off with a bat.‖ Her voice was faint and cracking. I peeked out from my covers to see tears running down her cheeks. Then I knew how much she suffered on my behalf. She had never let me see her tears. 6. Which of the following expressions can be used most suitably to describe Mom‘s attitude when she made the child to peel potatoes? A. Cruel. B. Serious. C. Strict. D. Cold.
7. From the passage, we know monkey bars can help a child train ______. A. the skill to throw and catch things B. the speed of one‘s hand movement C. the strength and skill to hang and sway D. the bodily skill to rotate round a bar 8. What does the sentence ―I saw her ?we‘ll see about that‘ look‖ imply? A. Mom believed every aim could be achieved if you stuck to it. B. The race across monkey bars was not difficult enough for a child to give up. C. Mom was determined to prove she herself was better than the teacher. D. What the child had said brought Mom great attraction and curiosity. 9. When the child looked down at the kids, they were standing with their mouths open because ______. A. they felt sorry for what they had done before B. they were afraid the author might fall off and get hurt C. they wanted to see what the author would do on the bars D. they were astonished to find the author‘s progress 10. The most probable conclusion we can draw after reading the passage is ______. A. the last incident was sad enough to make Mom weep B. the child‘s experience reminded Mom of that of her own C. Mom could solve any problem except the one in the last paragraph D. in fact Mom suffered more in the process of the child‘s growth
Unit 3 答案
第一部分：自我评价 1.【答案】C 考查动词短语词义辨析。A 结果是，原来是；B 了解，查明；C 散发，发布， 精疲力尽；D 执行，完成。 【点拨】牢记短语，依据句意排除。 2.【答案】D 考查短语词义辨析。 【点拨】牢记短语，依据句意排除。 3.【答案】D 考查动词短语辨析。go over 复习，温习，回顾。 【点拨】牢记短语，依据句意排除。 4.【答案】A 考查动词短语词义辨析。A 项，花完，用光符合句意。 【点拨】牢记短语，依据句意排除。 5.【答案】D 考查动词短语词义辨析。Set aside 放在一边符合句意 【点拨】牢记短语，依据句意排除 6.【答案】C 考查动词短语辨析。take up 占（时间、空间） 【点拨】牢记短语意思，依据句意排除 7.【答案】C 考查动词短语辨析根据上句 During the war there was a serious lack of food 可推 测出―即或是富裕家庭也得几天吃不上面包‖，应选择 do without 表示―不用/吃……勉强度 过‖。eat up―吃完‖，give away―收拾‖，deal with―应付，处理‖ 【点拨】牢记短语意思，依据句意排除 8.【答案】D 考查动词短语辨析。send up：发射；give up：放弃，传上去；set up：提出， 提议；竖起，升起；put up：张贴。题干意思是：一个通知被张贴出来，以便告知学生们演 讲的新时间。选 D。 【点拨】牢记短语意思，依据句意逐一排除 第二部分：考点突破 答案：考点突破 1.1)He is the sort of man that could be persuaded into doing everything. 2)not to wear /out of wearing 3)advised/tried to persuade 2.1)insisted on 2)stick to 3)C 3.1)A 2)D3)C 4.1)care about 2)caring for 3)care for
5.1)give in 2)A3)giving out 4)gave up 6. 1)B2)D 3)D 第三部分：当堂达标 一.1.be persuaded into 2. advised, to 3. insisted on 4. determined to 5. attitude to /toward 6.familiar to 7. have changed my mind 8. that/which ; that 二． 1. imagine 2.give in 3. as usual 4. reliable 5. organize 三． 1. It was my sister who first had the idea to 2. be hard to breathe 3. Once she has made up her mind 4. am fond of ; shortcoming5.At midnight ;the stars grew brighter 6. we finally got the chance to take a bike trip. 四． 1-5BBABC6-9ACAD 第四部分：25 分钟课后能力提升 一．完型填空
36. A。guide-book in hand 是独立主格结构，作状语，表示方式。 37. B。了解一座城市的方式很多，其中之一就是环城徒步旅行，当然，我们还 可以借助 guide-book 来研究（study）其历史和特有的（special）的发展并了解他 们。我们不能借助导游手册来写（write）其历史，也不需要讲述（tell）和记忆 （remember）其历史。 38. D。special 是指这个城市所特有的。
39. A。上文讲我们可以借助导游手册研究其历史和发展，下文讲如果我们从容一点，在一 个城市小住几天，则对其了解更多。此间有转折的意思。 40. C。 41. A。look at 在本题中有―考虑，判断‖的意思，look at …as a whole 意思是―从整体上看‖。 42. D。下文有动词 answer，此处是先行词，在定语从句中用 answer 的宾语，只有 questions 才能构成动宾关系。 43. C。介词 like 意思是―像‖。 44. B。 run 在这里意思是―延伸； 延续； 继续‖ （stretch） 。 例如： The road runs along the river bank. 这条路沿着河边一直延伸。 45. C。in any other way 以其它方式 46. C。fail 在这里的意思是―使……失望‖。从上下文看出，导游手册也不能回答以上这些问 题。 47. D。present adj 现在的，当前的。 48. C。the original design of a town 一座城市最初的设计。
49. A。what it used to look like 城市过去的样子，与上文 the original design of a town 相响应。 50. B。选项 A 是疑问代词，用在此处语法结构错误；选项 C 和 D 分别指这座城 市首次建造的时间和地点，与上文 the original design of a town 和 what it used to look like 没有联系；选项 B 表示这座城市设计建造的方式。 51. D。与上句一致，意思是人们还能更多地了解这座城市未来继续发展方向。
52. A。 point 在本句的意思是―用途， 目的‖。 Begin your work now. There‘s no point in wasting time. 现在就开始你的工作吧，耗时间没用。 53. B。nearly 几乎；generally 一般地；hardly 几乎不，都不符合题意。simply 仅 仅， 只是。 作者以这种方式去了解一座城市的原因很简单， 仅仅是通过亲眼去看， 去感受一个人就能更获得更大的快乐。 54. D。 personal 亲自的， 亲身的， 与上一句里的 visiting and seeing a town with one‘s own eyes 意思相一致。 55. B。前面有比较级 better，这里当然用介词 than。
二．阅读理解 A 篇：文章是一则业余培训班的招生广告。 1. C。推理判断题。根据 With Harcourt, you study at home, in your spare time so you don‘t have to give up your present job while you train for a better one(你可以在家，业余时间接受培 训…)可知答案选 C。 2. B。事实细节题。文章中提到…in the low tuition price you pay，但没说具体多少学费， 故答案选 B。 3. C。推理判断题。从 Your education is nationally recognized 和 If companies like these recognize the value of our training, you can be sure that employees in your area will, too!可知答 案 C 正确。 4. C。推理判断题。从 Prepare for promotions, pay raises, even start a business of your own 可推知答案 C 正确。 5. D。事实细节题。文章共提到四种联系方式：(1)sending today for FREE information (2)fill the coupon (3)mail coupon (4)call，即答案选 D。 B 篇：文章讲的是一位母亲是如何帮助自己缺一只手的儿子解决成长中的问题。 6. C。推理判断题。从他妈妈的话 And don‘t ever use that as an excuse for anything again 可知他妈妈对他要求很严，即答案选 C。 7. C。推理判断题。从 had each of us race across the monkey bars, swinging from one high steel rod to the next 可知答案 C 正确。 8. A。推理判断题。第二天妈妈带我去学校帮助我练习 monkey bars，可推知妈妈是个 很有恒心的人，故答案选 A。 9. D。 推理判断题。 从 I‘ll never forget the next time, crossing the rungs, I looked down at the kids who were standing with their mouths open 可知同学们对我的表现都很吃惊，即答案选 D。
10. D。 推理判断题。 从 Then I knew how much she suffered on my behalf. She had never let me see her tears 可知对于我的成长中的痛苦妈妈比我承受得还要多，即答案选 D。