1. Do you think it’s possible for human being to have a time travel?
2. If you have the chance the take a time travel to the year AD 3005 as Li Qiang did, what places will you go t
Do you think there are alien creatures in outer space? What do you think they look like?
Read the passage, then finish the following exercises
1. How many types of creatures are mentioned in the passage? What are they?
Two types of creatures. They are the mu-mu and the dimpods
2. Where are they from?
The mu-mu are a family from the Pleiades group of stars. The dimpods are from a galaxy near NGC 6240.
Read Para 1. and answer:
3. What is the space station like?
It is an enormous round plate.
4. What do the alien creatures do with the human scientists?
They work with human space scientists searching for new worlds.
Read Para2. and fill the blanks. 5. If you go to the stars where mu-mu red nightlights live, you must wear _______________ on your helmets so that you can see _______, but the mu-mu won’t be disturbed ______________. assisted in the 6 . Mu-mu have ____________ discovery of planets round the fourth Pleiades system ______ star in the _______________.
Read Para3.Do the “True or False”.
7. Dimpods can build a new spaceship in twenty-four years.
8. Dimpods can produce a liquid which melts metal.
Read Para4 and answer:
9. Can humans communicate with these creatures easily? 10. What kind of food do they eat? Both of them eat food that contains carbon. The mu-mu drink a strange mixture of carrot juice and cocoa, while the dimpods drink lemonade mixed with herbs.
Read the first and
and fill in the chart on page 22
tall and thin small a pointed head, shell- the size of a little covered leg, black and cat white colour
black and white very friendly purple or blue interesting and lively
Colour Personality No. of arms No. of legs How it moves
six one leg covered by shell By shaking from side to side
too many to tell
too many to tell skip around fast shout
mixture of carrot juice and cocoa
lemonade with herbs
1. a number of a great many +可数名词 a good many many a more than one a great deal of +不可数名词 a great amount of plenty of +可数或不 a quantity of ? quantities of 可数名词
1.extraordinarily adv. 异常地;非常 extraordinary adj. 异常的,特别的
extra- 前缀：超出 ordin 次序，等级
ordinary adj. 平凡的 ordinarily adv. 平常地
她是个美丽非凡的姑娘． She is an extraordinarily beautiful girl. 他的意志力非凡． His strength of will was extraordinary.
2. So you can imagine how exciting that is!
我们简直不能设想没有电灯的生活． We can hardly imagine life without electric light. 你能想像她成了飞行员吗？ Can you imagine her becoming a pilot?
imagine + v-ing imagine + sb. doing/sb.’s doing imagination n. 想象力 imaginary adj. 虚构的，想象的
3. … but the mu-mu won’t be disturbed. disturb 干扰，困扰 interrupt 打断 1.He is speaking at the meeting. interrupt him. Don’t _____ 2. He is sleeping in his room. disturb Don’t _______ him.
当老师讲课时不要打断他． Don’t interrupt your teacher while he is talking.
4. assist. v. help 帮助
I will do my best to assist you 帮助某人做某事 He assists me with money. assist sb. with sth The police will assist you in finding her address. assist sb. in doing sth. help (sb.) (to) do help with sth. help sb. with sth
5. require 要求所有的学生都参加这次考试 All the students are required to take this examination. require sb. to do sb. is required to do 他要求我们干通宵． He required that we (should) work all night.
require (that) sb. (should) do It’s required that sb. (should) do…
require 要求或命令 demand 含有强硬的意味 I demand ______ that you leave this place at once. requires that he should His health _______ go to bed early. 6. depend on 万物生长都需要太阳 All living things depend on/upon the sun for their growth. 你放心，我会帮你的． You may depend on me to help you. depend on sb. to do 依靠某人做某事
Exercise: 1.He asked us to _____ him in carrying through the plan. A.provide B. encourage C. assist D. persuade 2. When entering the park, all visitors ____ to show their tickets. A. require B. will require C. are required D. be required 3. He is so careless that he is _____ making mistakes in his homework. A. extraordinarily B. completely C. continuously D. constantly
1）A good many of animals have died out in recent years. are 2)Quantities of sand is piled in the corner. 3)The number of people attending the is meeting are 500. 4)There is a plenty of snow in this winter.