覃塘高中 2013 年秋季期 9 月月考试题 高一年级英语
总分 150 分，考试时间 120 分钟 试卷说明：本试卷分Ⅰ卷和Ⅱ卷，Ⅰ卷为试题（选择题和客观题） ，学生自已保存，Ⅱ卷一 般为答题卷，考试结束只交Ⅱ卷。 第Ⅰ卷(三部分，共 105 分) 第一部分 听 力 (共两节，满分 30 分) 第一节(共 5 小题，每小题 1．5 分，满分 7．5 分) 请听下面 5
段对话。每段对话后有一小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 选项中选出最佳选 项，并标在试题的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅 读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How did the man feel about the field trip? A. Interested. A. Brown. A. A jacket. A. Two. A. Losing weight. B. Surprised. B. Green. B. A watch. B. Three. C. Satisfied. C. Grey. C. A handbag. C. Five. 2. What color suit did the man wear yesterday? 3. What will the speakers buy next? 4. How many pets does the woman have in all? 5. What are the speakers mainly talking about? B. Playing games. C. Keeping healthy. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中 选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. Why is the woman unwilling to live in India? A. She doesn’t want to be far away from home. B. She doesn’t think India is beautiful. C. She worries about the language. 7. What will the man miss if he moves to a foreign country? A. His family. B. His pet. C. His friends. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。 8. What do we know about Alfred? A. He always works hard. at maths last term. 9. What does the man suggest doing? A. Having a talk with Alfred. online games with Alfred. 10. What is the probable relationship between the speakers? A. Classmates. B. Neighbours. C. Workmates.
B. He always stays with his friends.
C. He was good
B. Fulfilling the dreams online.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 13 题。 11. How is the man probably going back to the hotel? A. By bus. A. America. B. By taxi. B. Germany. C. By subway. C. England. 12. Where does the man probably come from? 13. What can we learn from the conversation? A. The man will meet someone tomorrow. B. Only a few of the taxis here are black. C. The speakers are on a road. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 16 题。 14. What is the woman’s favourite？ A. Spring rolls. 15. Where are the speakers? A. At a French restaurant. restaurant. 16. What does the woman suggest doing next? A. Ordering dishes restaurant. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. Where did the speaker take a journey last year? A. In south-west Africa. Asia. 18. What did the speaker have to carry during his journey? A. Enough food. A. Five B. Plenty of water. C. A lot of clothes. B. Three. C. Two C. He stayed under the 19. How many hours did the speaker walk every day? 20. What did the speaker do for the hottest part of the day? A. He climbed rocks. space blanket. 第二部分 英语知识运用 (共两节，满分 35 分) 第一节 单项选择(共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 21. I would be______ if you could give me some advice on how to get along well with my classmates. A. respectful B. grateful C. peaceful D. hopeful 22. —How many times have you been to Guilin? —In fact, it _______ the first time I __________ here. A. is, have been B. was, have been C. is, had been D. am, had been 23. –-- Have you_________ some new ideas? --- Yeah, I’ll tell you later. A. come about 24. had a good rest. A. a; when B. a; that C. the; that D. the; when
B. Hot and sour soup. B. At an Italian restaurant.
C. Dumplings. C. At a Chinese
B. Going back home
C. Going to another
B. In south-east Africa.
C. In south-west
B. He searched for animals..
B. come up with C. come into
D. come out
There was __________ time __________ I was very busy every day and hadn’t
25. With a good____ of Chinese, Helen was hired to do the task of communication with the Chinese company. A. program B. command C. guidance D. ability 26. She used to dress in the _____ fashion. However, she has been wearing clothes out of date _____. A. later; lately A. make for A. that he could C. if could he B. late; latter B. add to C. lately; late C. add up D. latest; lately 27. Put some balloons here to _______ the festival atmosphere (气氛). D. join in 28. The child asked his mother ______ go out to play tennis. B. if he could D. that could he
29. —I don’t think this is the right road to the place we want to go to. —______ Let’s try the other one. A. So I do. C. That’s right. A. has told the past. A. cost B. choice C. use D. matter 32. The number of people at present ______ sixty, but a number of people______ coming here to get tickets for free. A. is; is A. When at all. A. basing bravely. A. Because of B. As C. For D. According to 第二节 完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分) 阅读下面短文，从短文后的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 A Dad was not only my best friend, but also my compass (指南针). While he was alive, he __36_ me with his actions and advice. He taught me one important _37___: “Believe in yourself.” If there was one phrase my dad __38__ liked to hear, it was “I can’t.” He never got to finish high school and __39_ two jobs to support his large family, __40__ he never complained(抱怨). Through education and years of hard work, my dad became an excellent journalist. When I was in high school, I had a __41__ time with math. He tried to help me, but I __42_ struggled(挣扎). So my math teacher suggested I meet with him at 7:00 each morning before school for __43__ help. I told Dad, “That’s __44_! I’m tired!
B. Yes, I think so. D. Neither do I. C. had told D. told
30. He said he ______ you the story the night before. B. tells 31. The manager told us that very little ______ was made of waste materials in
B. is; are B. However
C. are; are C. Even though
D. are; is D. As if
33. ______ what he said is true, there is no need for us to be worried. 34. To tell you the truth, the film _____ on the book by Jack London is not good B. is based C. is basing D. based
35. ______ what her mother said to her, she can now face all her difficulties
I can’t do that!” He replied, “You are doing it. I’ll send you to school.” Every morning at 6: 45, we’d leave the __45_. Despite（尽管）working 12 hours every day, Dad never once __46_ driving me to school. After months of _47__, I was facing the final exam. I was so __48__. On the day of the final, my dad hugged me and said, “Luke, __49__ yourself. You can do it.” His words made me realize I needed to trust in my __50_ and in the hours of study I’d __51__. When I got my __52__ proudly, the first person I called was my father. He cried, “Yes! You deserved(应得) it!” Even now, whenever I __53_ that a task is too much for me, I think back to that exam. No matter how __54__ something is, if you’re willing to work, you can succeed. I’m forever _55_ to Dad for that lesson. 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 A. understood A. history A. always A. took A. so A. good A. still A. real A. wonderful A. house A. suggested A. meeting A excited A believe in A teacher A wasted A answer A hope A different A grateful B. forgave B. lesson B. almost B. lost B. or B. free B. nearly B. practical B. crazy B. school B. risked B. testing B nervous B hold back B luck B ignored B grade B forget B hard B sorry C. guided C skill C. ever C. left C. but C. terrible C. hardly C. immediate C. expensive C. office C. enjoyed C. learning C happy C stand for C time C picked up C pay C worry C important C polite D. impressed D. language D. never D. finished D. and D. short D. probably D. extra D. necessary D. farm D. missed D. interviewing D shocked D look after D ability D put in D gift D promise D interesting D useful
阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分）?
第一节（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分）? 请认真阅读下列短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项， 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。(A) In order to know a foreign language thoroughly( 完 全 地 ), four things are necessary. First, we must understand the language when we hear it spoken. Secondly, we must be able to speak it ourselves, correctly with confidence(自信) and without hesitation(犹豫). Thirdly, we must be able to write it. Finally, we must be able to make sentences that are correct in grammar. There is no short way to succeed in language learning. A good memory(记忆) is a great help, but it is not enough only to memorize the rules from a grammar book.
It is no much use learning by heart long lists(一览表) of words and their meanings, studying the dictionary and so on. We must learn by using the language. If we are pleased with a few rules we have memorized, we are not really learning the language. We must “Learn through use”. Practice is important. We must practise speaking and writing the language whenever(无论何时) we can. 56. The most important things to learn a foreign language are_______. A. understanding and speaking writing C. writing and understanding is because____. A. he doesn’t understand the language when he hears it spoken have a good memory C. he always remember lists of words and their meanings to practise speaking it 58. One can never learn a foreign language well only by_______. A. studying the dictionary D. using the language 59. Which of the following is the most important in learning a foreign language? A. A good memory. B. Speaking. B If you move to a new school, you’ll have to worry whether or not you’ll make friends. Here are some simple tips which help you make new friends a lot easier. ● Try speaking to the people you’re sitting next to in class. As they’re close by, it makes sense to chat to them first. ● Have courage to speak to everyone in your class. You tend to stay with that class through your five years at secondary school, so it helps if you get on with them. ● If you don’t have many friends in your form class, try and make new friends in your subject lessons. You can also chat to them at lunchtimes and after school. ● Join a lunchtime or afterschool club. You’ll get to meet kids of all years that way. ● Ask your teacher to pair you with another pupil. ● Use your celebrity status (名人身份)! Since you’re the new person, you’ll have acquired(获得) celebrity status, which you can use for a couple of weeks. Talk to people, remember to smile, be open and friendly, listen to what others have to say and make them feel important. As you grow older,, it’s natural to make new friends and sometimes that means you grow apart from your old friends. So try and make time for all your friends---why not introduce your different sets of friends so you can all go to the cinema or bowling together? But what if a friendship group is leaving you out? If this is happening to you, try and ask someone you’re friendly with what is happening. If the whole group is leaving you out, try to find new people to hang around with.
D. memorizing and listening
57. Someone hears and writes English very well, but he speaks it very badly. This B. he doesn’t
D. he often hesitates
B. much practice C. learning through use
60. According to the text, moving to a new school is___________. A. interesting B. exciting C. worrying D. boring 61. What is the purpose of this text? A. To introduce how to live in a new school. school life. C. To encourage people to get along well with friends. D. To explain how to make new friends in a new school. 62. It is suggested that when moving to a new school, you should ____________. A. grasp possible chances to communicate with others. B. try all your best to help your new classmates. C. sit close to a friendly classmate. respect. 63. If a friendship group is leaving you out, you should_________. A. turn to your teacher for help. one close friend. C. have a talk with them and find out the problem. D. find new people to make friends with immediately. C The United States is full of cars. There are still many families without cars, but some families have two or more. However, cars are used for more than pleasure. They are a necessary part of life. Cars are used for business. They are driven to offices and factories by workers who have no other way to get to their jobs. When salesmen are sent to different parts of the city, they have to drive in order to carry their products. Farmers have to drive into the city in order to get supplies. Sometimes small children must be driven to school. In some cities school buses are used only when children live more than a mile away from the school. When the children are too young to walk too far, their mothers take turns driving them to school. One mother drives on Mondays taking her own children and the neighbours' as well. Another mother drives on Tuesdays, another on Wednesday, and so on. This is called forming a car pool (拼车). Men also form car pools, with three or four men taking turns driving to the place where they all work. More car pools should be formed in order to put fewer cars on the road and use less gas. Too many cars are being driven. Something will have to be done about the use of cars. 64. The United States is filled with cars, but A. not every family has a car more C. every American has a car D. every family has a car B. Salesmen drive to carry their D. Cars are widely
B. To show how to get used to new
D. study hard to gain others’
B. try to know the reason from
B. few families have two cars or even
65. What's the main idea of the second paragraph? A. Workers drive cars to offices and factories products. C. Farmers drive into cities to get supplies.
used. 66. Mothers form car pools in order that A. they can drive to school to school C. they reach school quickly in time 67. The traffic in and around cities is a great problem because A. people put fewer cars on the roads car pools C. too many cars are being driven D. there is less gas D A city bus driver was praised as a hero after he jumped off his bus and snatched(抢 夺) a 3-year-old girl from traffic. The bus safety cameras(摄像头) showed the girl getting off the bus with a cheery “Bye!” and walking straight into traffic on a busy street. Chris Leslie, 38, is pictured(拍照) running out the door after her. One view from the bus cameras showed a car making a rapid stop directly in front of Leslie and the girl last week. “As I grabbed(抓住) her, I looked as I pulled her back and luckily the car in the next lane(车道) had stopped,” he said. “It was probably the first time in my life I was in the right place at the right time.” The girl’s mother was busy in the bus with another child in a stroller (折叠式婴儿车) and the toddler didn’t hear a command to wait. Leslie said the mother and the daughter were still hugging at the bus stop when he drove away. Leslie’s wife, Cara, said she knew something had happened when her husband returned home from work that night. She said he immediately grabbed their 2-year-old daughter, Hannah, and gave her a long hug. “He was really frightened by it all,” she said. “It’s pretty special,” said general manager of City Utilities, John Twitty. “He put his own life on the line.” Leslie, an eight-year CU veteran( 资 深的 人), earned the Driver of the Year award(奖) last year. His boss, transit manager Carol Cruise, said the utility’s rules won’t allow him to win it two years in a row (连续两年). “But there’s no reason he couldn’t win it the year after that.” 68. The underlined word “toddler” in the second paragraph refers to ____. A. the 3-year-old girl the girl’s mother 69. When the girl got off the bus with a cheery “Bye!” her mother ____. A. was busy repairing the stroller in the bus passenger C. was taking care of another child to stop 70. The writer of this passage mainly wants to tell us ____. A. people should take good care of their babies in the bus the Driver of the Year award
B. they can take turns driving their children D. they can drive their children to school .
B. there are too many
B. the bus driver
C. the child in the stroller
B. was chatting with another D. was shouting at the driver
B. a lucky driver won
C. children should obey their parents in the public off a bus to save a girl 第二节（共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，共 10 分）?
D. a bus driver jumped
根据短文内容， 从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。 选项中有两项为多余 选项。 Giacomo Puccini was born in 1855 and was a son of a musical director. 71 is remembered as a master of opera. 72__ Many early forerunners of Impressionistic Music including Rimsky-Korsakov, Strauss, Schoenberg and Stravinsky, inspired him greatly. Turandot, an opera based on an Italian drama by the same name, is by far considered to be one of Puccini’s most popular and most performed works. It’s a pity that Puccini had no chance to watch his own great opera himself. 73 In this opera you can hear a traditional Chinese folk song, which is titled Among them the version sung in Jiangsu, a province In 1804 the song was Molihua or Jasmine Flower. 74 He
in south China, is the most popular one. By admiring the jasmine flower, the song celebrates the sweetness and beauty of romantic love. 75 that gained popularity outside China. A. During his music career, Puccini was also influenced by other musicians. B. At the end of the 18th century, it was first translated into English. C. Though Puccini received training in various areas of music, his true love was in opera. D. Puccini’s operas are strong in emotion and conflict. E. Turandot is performed regularly all over the world. F. The opera was first performed in 1926, two years after Puccini’s death. G. There are many different versions of Molihua or Jasmine Flower in different parts of China. 第四部分(共三节，满分 45 分) 第一节 单词拼写（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 根据下列句子所给汉字注释或首字母提示， 在句子后边的横线上， 写出空缺处各单词的正确 形式。 （每空只写一词，请将答案填写在答卷上） 76. I don’t want to set down a s________ of facts in a diary as most people do. 77. Tell your friend that you are c__________ about him/her and you will meet after class and talk then. 78. India has a very large number of f________ English speakers because Britain ruled India from 1765 to 1947. 79. The l_______ gave a separate identity to American English spelling. 80. Geography also p______ a part in making dialects. 81.I stayed awake on ____ (故意地) until half past eleven in order to have a good look at the moon by myself. 82.Later in the next century, people from England made _______(航海) to conquer other parts of the world. 83.Ignore the bell and go somewhere quiet to ________(使?平静) your friend down.
published in a book by a British diplomat, making it the first Chinese folk song
84.Although many Americans move a lot ,they still ______ (辨认出)and understand each other’s dialects. 85.Or would not understand what you are _______through (经历)? 第二节 短文改错（共 10 小题，满分 10 分）? 文中共有 10 处错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。? 增加： 在缺词处加上一个漏词符号（∧） ，并在此符号下面写出该加的词。? 删除： 把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。? 修改： 在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。? 注意： 1．每处错误及修改均仅限一词；? 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 The Mid-autumn Festival, that is one important traditional festival in China, falls in August 15th of the lunar calendar every year．It was celebrated both in China and many Asian country．People believe that a full of moon is the symbol of reunion and good luck．This is also a custom to express best wishes to their beloved ones at this particularly time．On that day they usually go back home to have a family get-together, so they appreciate the beautiful full moon, enjoyed the typical food—the moon cake．All Chinese have wonderful time at the festival． 第三节: 书面表达 （满分 25 分） 假设你是李华，作为交流学生去了美国新奥尔良市（New Orleans）学习生活了一年。 在此期间，你住在 Brown 夫妇家中，他们为你提供了吃、住、行及旅游方面的帮助。请你给 他们写一封感谢信，主要内容如下： ◆表示感谢 ◆表达感受 ◆欢迎来访 ◆保持联系 注意：1．词数 100 左右。2．信的开头和结尾已为你写好。3．可适当增加细节，以使 行文连贯。 April 10 Dear Mr．and Mrs．Brown, I'm writing to you from my home in China．_________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ __________ _______________________________________________________________________________ __________ _______________________________________________________________________________ __________ Yours faithfully, Li Hua