1.transport n.& v.运送；运输
场运送到城里。 will transport the passengers The yellow bus_____________________________ from the airport to the city.
2.Ever since middle school, my sister Wang Wei and I have dreamed about taking a great bike trip. 1). dream n. v.
of/about sth. (vi.)
dream that… (vt.)
sb. to be … (vt.)
1) 他梦想着有一天为自己工作, 没有老板. He dreams of / about working for himself and not having a boss one day. = He dreams that one day he will work for himself and not have a boss. 2) 我做梦也没想到他是个撒谎的人. I never dreamed him to be a liar.
3.persuade vt.说服，劝说 persuade sb. to do 说服/劝服某人去做
persuade sb. into doing 说服/劝服某人去做 persuade sb. out of doing说服/劝服某人不做 注意：劝而不服则要用advise sb.to do sth.或者 try to persuade sb.to do sth.
e.g. I persuaded him to do it.
= persuade him into doing it.
而应用try to persuade或advise, 或者用
persuade的否定式。 e.g. Some of us advised him to change his mind but no one could persuade him to do so.
4.graduate v.毕业 n.大学毕业生 graduate from 毕业于 派生：graduation n.毕业 from Beijing My sister graduated ______ in University ____ __ 1982.
5.schedule n.时间表；进度表 vt.为某事安排时间
according to schedule 按照计划；按照安排
on schedule 按时
behind schedule 晚点
be scheduled to do被安排，定于
火车按时到达。 on schedule. The train arrived ______
6.care vi.关心；介意 n.关心；照顾
care about 忧虑；担心；惦念 care for(=like，love)喜欢
take care of(=look after)照料；照顾
take care 小心；提防
about/for is ⑴ The only thing he cares __________ money.
⑵ I don’t really care _____ for red wine.
of your baby if you are ⑶ Who will take care ___ out?
7. She gave me a determined look –the kind that she wouldn’t change her mind. 她坚定地看了我一眼----这眼神表明她 不会改变主意。 determine v. 决定, 下定决心, 确定 1) determine to do sth. e.g. He determined to learn French.
2)be determined to do sth. 决心做 e.g. She was determined to go to university. change one’s mind 改变某人的主意 e.g. No matter what you say, I won’t change my mind.
8. When I told her that our journey would begin at an altitude of more than 5000 meters, she seemed to be excited about it. 当我告诉她我们将在海拔5000米处开 始旅程, 她好像对此很兴奋。 at an altitude of = at a height of 在海拔……米处
9.give in 屈服；让步
give out 用完；用尽；分发；分布 give away捐赠；暴露；泄露 give off发散(气味)；发出(光) give back交还
10.attitude n. 态度；看法 attitude to/towards ... 对……的态度
翻译：我的英语老师改变了对我的态度。 My English teacher ________________________ has changed his attitude _________________ me. to/towards me
11.reliable adj. 可信赖的；可靠的
reliable (rely) washing ⑴ I found this to be a ________ machines.
⑵ The villagers here rely ____ on wells for their water.
8. She gave me a determined look –the kind that she wouldn’t change her mind. 她坚定地看了我一眼----这眼神表明她 不会改变主意。 determine v. 决定, 下定决心, 确定 1) determine to do sth. e.g. He determined to learn French.
2) determine +从句 e.g. She determined that she would never see him again. 3) determine +疑问词+ to do e.g. Have you determined where to spend the holiday next week?
determined adj. 坚决的, 有决心的
be determined to do sth. 决心做 e.g. She was determined to go to university. change one’s mind 改变某人的主意 e.g. No matter what you say, I won’t change my mind.
make up one’s mind 下定决心
read one’s mind 看出某人的心思 speak one’s mind 直言不讳 give/ put one’s mind 专心于 keep…in mind 记住
Bear them in your mind!
9. When I told her that our journey would begin at an altitude of more than 5000 meters, she seemed to be excited about it. 当我告诉她我们将在海拔5000米处开 始旅程, 她好像对此很兴奋。 at an altitude of = at a height of 在海拔……米处
e.g. The plane is flying at a height /
altitude of 10,000 feet.
at 在此处表 “在……处/时,
以……”后接年龄, 速度, 长
宽深高, 价格, 费用等
2.give in 屈服；让步
give out 用完；用尽；分发；分布 give away捐赠；暴露；泄露 give off发散(气味)；发出(光) give back交还
at the age of
at a high / low price
at a depth/width of
at the cost of
at a distance of
10. When I told her the air would be hard to breath and it would be very cold… 当我告诉她将呼吸困难, 天气严寒……
主语 + be + adj.+ to do sth. 是一常用句 式既不定式用主动形式表达被动含义 e.g. The problem is really hard to work out. My boss is easy to deal with.
不定式和主语之间是逻辑动宾关系， 使用及物动词的主动形式，因此不及 物动词要加相应的介词。 这一结构中的形容词往往是表示心理 活动的，接不定式时, 不定式的逻辑 主语是句子的主语, 主动用to do, 被动 用to be done;也可以接从句。
这类形容词有surprised, moved, disappointed, pleased, happy, sad, delighted, sorry, interested, glad, worried, etc.
11. Finally, I had to give in. 最后, 我只好让步。 give in (to sb./sth.) 屈服于, 让步, 递交 e.g. He had to give in to my views. It’s time you gave in your papers.
give up 放弃, 认输 give out 筋疲力尽；分配 give away 捐赠, 泄露
1) After the long trip, both the men and the horses ________. gave out 2) Because of his small salary, he had to gave up his dream trip to Europe. _______ 3) Seeing that he could not persuade me, he had to ___________ gave in to my view.
awaymost of his fortune to the poor. 4) He gave _________ away 5) Please keep the secret, don’t gave ____ it _____.
※ give in (sth. to sb.) 1) He would rather die than give in. 屈服
2) Wang Kun had to give in because
he knew his sister well.
3) Please give your examination
papers in ( to the teacher) when
---Smoking is bad for your health. A. give it up √
---Yes,I know. But I simply can’t ___.
B. give it out
C. give it in
D. give it away
12. It becomes rapids as it passes
through deep valleys, traveling
across western Yunnan Province.
穿过深谷流经云南省西部时 它变成急流. across through prep. 穿过
横跨” 表面, 含义与on 有关 through 表达两边穿过或穿过空间 内部, 含义与in 有关 over表示 “越过” 是指越过较高
across e.g. She swam ________the river. through The river flows _________the city from west to east. Walk _______the square and go across _________the gate, then you’ll through come to the cafe. The thief climbed ______the wall over and ran away.
实例 The new railway winds its way to Hong Kong, ___ mountains ___ tunnels and ___ rivers. A.across; over; through B. over; across; through
C. over; through; across
D. through; over; across
I. 根据下列各句句意及所给单词的首字 母或汉语提示，写出该单词的正确形式。 1. He is planning his work _______ (进 schedule 度表) for the following week. 2. They took many pictures of the _________ (瀑布) yesterday. waterfall 3. What is the ______ (海拔) of this altitude mountain? 4. I think you don’t know your own s___________. In fact, no one is perfect. shortcomings
stubborn that nobody can 5. He is so s________ change his mind. source of the 6. Do you know where the s______ Changjiang River is?
II. 根据括号内所给的提示翻译下列句子。 1.最后我们来到了山顶。(finally) Finally we arrived at the top of the mountain. 2. 我不能骑车去上学，因为我的自行车坏 了。(cycle) I am unable to / can’t cycle to school because my bike is broken.
3. 汤姆坚持认为自己是对的。(insist) Tom insisted that he was right. 4. 你一旦开始，就必须坚持做下去。 (once)
Once you begin, you must keep doing it.
5. 她虽然小，但是知道怎么做。(although) Although she is young, she knows how to do it. 6. 我们决定立刻去火车站。(determine to do) We determined to go to the railway station at once.
必修1 Unit 3
1. 我一直梦想能去北京看奥运.(dream about) 2. 老师说服我努力学好英语.(persuade sb to do sth) 3. 我在一个小山村长大.(grow up) 4. 这位老师在听取学生意见方面很固执.(be stubborned in doing sth) 5. 我决定努力学习(be determined to do sth) 6. 当我们面对敌人时,不要屈服; 面对困难时,我们 不能放弃(give in ….give up) 7. 站在高山上,呼吸会非常困难(be hard to do sth) 8. 我宁愿骑自行车去上学也不坐公交车.(prefer to do sth rather than do sth) 9. 我的房子在地震中遭到严重受损.( be in ruins)
10. 你有没有梦想过到国外学习?(dream about/of) 11. 没人能说服他改变主意.(persuade sb to do sth) 12. 因为糟糕天气,比赛不得不推迟.(because of …put off) 13. 在做礼拜时我们把帽子摘除掉合适吗?(be adj to do sth… take off) 14. 他一旦下定决心就永不放弃.(make up one’s mind, give up) 15. 许多人把想法写入日记,而其他人把他们的旅行写 在称作日志的本子里(set down….. Write down…in what is called….)
1. I have dreamed about going Beijing to watch the Olympic Games. 2. My teacher persuaded me to study English harder. 3. I grew up in a country side. 4. The teacher is stubborned in listening to students’ advice. 5. I am determined to study harder. 6. When we face the enemy, we shouldn’t give in; when we face the difficulty, we shouldn’t give up 7. When we stand on top of the moutain, the air would be hard to breathe. 8. I prefer to go to school by on bike rather than go there by bus. 9. My house was greatly in ruins when the earthquake happened.
10. Have you dreamed about studying abroad. 11. No one can persuade him to change his mind. 12. The match has to be put off because of the bad weather. 13. Is it proper for us to take off our hats in church? 14. He will never give up once he makes up his mind. 15. A number of people set down their thoughts in the dairy, while others wrote down in what is called travel journal.
1. New words. 2. BE P30-31.