高二英语选修 7 教案 Unit 1 三维目标
知识目标 1．Get students to learn the useful words and expressions in this unit. eyesight，ambition，disabled，beneficial，in other words，clumsy，adapt，microscope， out of b
reath，absence，stupid，fellow，annoyed，all in all，industry，tank，make fun of， encouragement，adapt to 2．Help students to learn about disabilities and life of the disabled. 能力目标 1．Let students read the passage Marty's Story to develop their reading ability. 2．Enable students to know that people with disabilities can also live well. 情感目标 1．By talking about disabilities and life of the disabled，make sure students can learn some positive stories of the disabled. 2．Help them understand more about how challenging life can be for the disabled. 3．Develop students' sense of cooperative learning. 教学重点 Get students inspired by positive stories of the people with disabilities. 教学难点 1．Develop students' reading ability. 2．Help students understand the difficulties the disabled have to overcome. 学情分析 1. 教学方法 1．Task－based teaching and learning. 2．Cooperative learning. 教学过程 Step 1 Warming up 1．Warming up by discussing First ask students to talk about people with a mental or physical disability to see how much they know about disabilities. Then show some photos of people with disabilities. Students will be asked to discuss the following questions in small groups. Do you know any famous people who are disabled? What difficulties do they have to overcome in daily life? What have they achieved? 2．Warming up by talking First，ask students to look at the pictures and read what these people have achieved even
though they each have a disability. Next，work with partners to talk about what disability they might have according to each description below the picture. Gao Qiang was born with Down's Syndrome，which is a mental disability. Some Doun's Syndrome Down's Sufferers have made a good career as actors. Step 2 Pre－reading Ask students to read the short paragraph in Pre－reading carefully and find out the purpose of the website “Family Village”． Step 3 Reading 1．Skimming Give students 2 minutes；ask them to read the passage fast to fill in the blanks： Sum up the main idea of each paragraph： Paragraph 1：A(n)______ to Marty and his muscle disease. Paragraph 2：How the disease ______. Paragraph 3：Marty met a lot of ______ at school. Paragraph 4：How his life has become ______. Paragraph 5：The ______ of his disease. Suggested answers： Paragraph 1：An introduction to Marty and his muscle disease. Paragraph 2：How the disease developed/started. Paragraph 3：Marty met a lot of difficulties at school. Paragraph 4：How his life has become easier. Paragraph 5：The advantages of his disease. 2．Scanning for detailed information Ask students to read the passage carefully to locate the detailed information. (1)First ask students to read paragraph one and complete the chart below. Disease Difficulties Motto Suggested answers： Disease Difficulties Motto A muscle disease that makes him very weak. He can't run or climb stairs as quickly as other people. Sometimes he is clumsy and drop things or bump into furniture. Live one day at a time.
(2)Next read paragraphs two and three and choose the best answer. Why did the doctors cut out a piece of muscle from Marty's leg? A．Because they could cure the disease by cutting it out. B．Because they wanted to use it as a specimen(标本)． C．Because they would transplant(移植) the new muscle. D．Because they wanted to find out the cause of the disease. Key：D (3)Read paragraph four and answer the following questions： ①What is Marty's ambition? ②What is Marty's achievement? ③What is Marty's hobby?
(4)Ask students to find Marty's advice in paragraph five. Step4:合作探究 1.Ask students to work together to write a mini biography for Marty according to the text. My mini biography Name St atus Health Interests and Hobbies Ambition Motto 2.Discuss in pairs to get the main idea of the passage by filling in the blanks. Though he is a ______ person，Marty never feels ______ for himself and he ______ his life. Step 5 总结提升 1．Ask students to read the whole passage and choose the best answers. (1)Which of the following is false? A．Although there are a few students who look down upon him，Marty never gets annoyed. B．Marty leads a meaningful life and does not feel sorry for being disabled. C．Marty only spends time with his pets and never with his friends. D．Marty's disability has made him more independent. (2)From the passage we can infer that ______. A．Marty asks others to feel sorry for him B．Marty never loses heart C．Marty is afraid of being made fun of D．Marty will not accept any encouragement because he has grown stronger psychologically ?Step 6 Homework 1．Retell Marty's Story according to the mini biography. 2．Surf the Internet to learn more about the life of disabled people. 教学反思： 这篇文章是记叙文，对文章的整体理解不存在问题，不足之处是单词不熟。
三维目标 知识目标 1. Read a passage about robot and get some information from it. 2. Practise the skills of careful-reading and fast-reading. 能力目标
1. Target language 目标语言 a. 重点词汇和短语 fiction, cartoon, desire, satisfaction, absent, alarm, alarmed, smooth, embarrass, sympathy, elegant, pile, scan, fingernail, absurd, haircut, accompany, curtain, cushion, carpet, paint, awful，affair, firm, firmly, declare, victory, envy, marriage, test out, ring up, turn around, leave alone b. 重点句型 1. She felt embarrassed and quickly told him to go. 2. Claire thought it was ridiculous to be offered sympathy by a robot.
3. By the amused and surprised look on her face, Claire knew that Gladys thought she was having an affair. 2. Ability goals 能力目标: Help students to learn about robots and science fiction. 3. Learning ability goals 学能目标： Enable students to realize science fiction reflects scientific thought; a fiction of things-to-come based on things-on-hand. Teaching important points 教学重点 Teach students to enjoy science fiction. Enable students to grasp what Tony did to help Claire and how her emotion developed during Tony’s stay at her house. Help students to sum up characteristics of science fiction. Teaching difficult points 教学难点 How Claire’s emotion developed during Tony’s stay at her house. Teaching methods 教学方 Discussing, explaining, reading and practising Teaching aids 教具准备 The multimedia computer Teaching procedures & ways 教学过程 Step I Warming up Deal with Warming up. Present photos of different kinds of robots. Then ask them to say something about his or her favorite robot. Step II Pre-reading Ask students to discuss the questions in pre-reading in groups. Students are encouraged to speak out their opinion freely, no matter what it is. Teacher should encourage students to use their imagination. Step III Reading Deal with the reading part. Scanning Ask the students to scan the text and find out what Tony looks like. 1. What did Tony look like? 2. What did Tony do to make Claire and her home elegant? Several minutes later check the answers with the whole class. Suggested answer: 1. He was tall and handsome although his facial expressions never changed. His hair was smooth and black and his voice was deep. 2. Tony gave Claire a new haircut and changed the makeup she wore. He also suggested Claire buy new curtains, cushions, a carpet and paint for the house and new dresses for herself. He made improvements on the house so that the house looked very elegant. Careful reading Comprehending questions on Page 12 Ask students to read the text carefully and then discuss the comprehending questions Step IV Homework: Remember the characteristics of science fiction. Surf the internet to learn more about robots and science fiction. Surf the internet to learn about Isaac Asimov.
Unit3 Under the sea教学目标 1·Ability goals 能力目标 . To help students develop their reading abilityby skimming for main ideas and scanning for details. To help students solve the reading problems with the teacher’s guidance
2. Learning ability goals 学能目标 To help students learn about animals and plants under the sea To get students to master some key words, such as witness,abandon,reflect,drag,be aware of and so on 教学重点和难点 1.Help to comprehend the text and grasp the main idea of the text. 2.Guide students to learn about the usage of some key expressions,revise the key words and the language ponits, grammar learned in the last passage. Difficult Points: 教学难点 1.To help students get the main idea and some information by skimming and scanning the passage . 2.To help students tell apart from when, while and as . 学情分析 1.Most of the students are poor in English. 2.Students are active in thinking and comunicating,especially interseted in the given topic—Under the sea 教学过程(Teaching procedure) Step 1. Warming up talking about ocean plants and ocean animals Step 2. Pre-reading What is an anecdote? Let's start with a definition: "Anecdote: a usually short narrative of an interesting, amusing, or biographical incident." Give some anecodotes you have read Step 3. Reading 1.Reading aloud to the recording 2.Comprehension questions （1）. How did the killers help the whalers catch the whale? The wrong one is___. A. Old Tom reported the news to the whalers. B. Some stopped it fleeing out to sea. C. Some used the harpoon to hit the whale. D. Some killers threw themselves on top of the whale to stop it breathing. （2）. Which order is correct according to the passage? A. Clancy heard a huge noise coming from the bay. B. Clancy grabbed his boots and raced after George to the boat. C. The killers started racing between our boats and the whale. D. The man in the bow of the boat aimed the harpoon at the whale. A. ABCD B. ACBDC. BDAC D. DBCA （3）. Which of the following statements is TRUE? A. Killer whales are whalers’ friends. B. Killer whales often hunt cooperatively in groups for food. C. Killer whales like eating the lips and tongues of whales. D. There’s no danger in the sea because killer whales can protect human beings.
Scan the text, then fill in the blanks: Before the hunt ?The killer whale threw itself out of the water and then crashed down again. ?It swam by the boat, showing the whalers the way. ?The killers were working as a team. ?Some were throwing themselves on top of the whale’s blow-hole to stop it breathing. Others were stopping it fleeing out to sea. ?The killers dragged the dead body down into the depths of the sea, having a good feed on its lips and tongue .
During the hunt
After the hunt
Put the following sentences into correct order. （ ) Using a telescope we could see that something was happening. ( ) The killers started racing between our boat and the whale. ( ) Clancy arrived at the station. ( ) The men started turning the boat around to go home. ( ) Clancy heard a huge noise coming from the bay. ( ) The whale yelled out. ( ) We jumped into the boat with the other whalers and headed out into the bay. ( ) The man in the bow of the boat aimed the harpoon at the whale. (Answer: 5 6 1 8 2 3 4 7) Choose the best answer according to the text: 1. The first story is mainly about. _B A. a hunting experience of Old Tom B. how Old Tom helped with whale hunting C. how the whalers killed a whale D. how killer whales killed a whale 2. The second story was told to C. A. show killer whales were cruel hunters B. entertain readers C. show killer whales could protect and save people in danger D. show killer whales never harmed or attacked people. 3. According to the second story, the killer whales can protect men from being attacked by D. A. whales B. tigers C. enemies D. sharks 4. C killed the whale at last. A. Old Tom B. The killer whales C. The whalers D. The author 5. Why did the men start turning the boat around to go home after the whale died? C A. Because they didn’t need a dead whale. B. Because they couldn’t find the whale’s body.
C. Because they knew that the dead whale wouldn’t float up to the surface for around 24 hours. D. They had to do this because it was too late. 6. Which of the following might be true? C A. The author was for banning(禁止) whaling(捕鲸). B. The author was against banning whaling. C. Whaling was not banned at the beginning of the 20th century. D. The author thought it was Old Tom’s duty to protect James. 7. We can infer from the text that ___A__. A. the killer whales may be trained by the whalers B. the killer whales want to help man catch the whales themselves C. the killer whales need no training for helping the whalers D. the killer whales want to help whales after being killed 巩固提升： I. Summary Fill in the blanks according to the passage.Working at the _____ station, I had _____ whales being attacked many times. On the afternoon I arrived at the station, as I _____ (sort 短语) my accommodation, I heard a loud noise coming from the bay. Running down to the shore in time, we saw an ____ (huge 同义词) animal.“It is called Old Tom, the killer,” George said as he ran ahead of me. _____ the distance we could see that something was happening. As we _________ (draw), I could see a whale_________ by a _____ of about six killers. Being badly wounded, the whale soon died. Very soon, its body was ______ by the killers down into the________ of the sea. （Keys: whaling; witnessed; was sorting out; enormous; in; drew nearer; being attacked; pack; dragged; depths ) II. Complete the following sentences with proper words. 1. The police are appealing to the public for any driver who may have ___________(目击) the accident. 2. The professor _________ (暂停) for a moment, and then continued his speech. 3. Before cleaning the bedroom, you’d better d________ the carpet out of it. 4. One week ago, my parents u_______that I (should) apologize to him. 5. The childless old lady offered to adopt one of the children _____________ (遗弃) by their parents. 6. You do not have to y____; I can hear you clearly. 7. Have you heard of the frogmen _______(潜水) for the sunken treasure? 8. Many German artists f_____ to America at the beginning of World War II. (Keys: witnessed; paused; drag; urged; abandoned; yell; diving; fled; ) III. Translation 1. I had already heard that George didn’t like _____________________________ (等人). 2. I could see a whale ________________________ (被攻击) by a pack of about six other killers. 3. _____________________________(受了重伤), the whale soon died. 4. From James’s face, I could see he was terrified of __________________(被遗弃) by us. 5. I ______________________________ (把这个消息告诉她) as soon as she comes back. 6. She looks __________________________________________. (好像玩得挺开心). 7. He arrived home just in time to _________________________________ (看到他的兄弟被带
走) by the police. 8. The broken bike was found ______________________________________ (被弃在河边). (Keys: 1.being kept waiting; 2.being attacked; 3.Being badly wounded; 4.being abandoned; 5.will / shall tell her the news; 6.as though / as if she has had a good time; 7.witness his brother being taken away; 8.abandoned by the river side )
被动语态（二） — v-ing 的被动语态 一. 回顾 v-ing 的形式 语态 时态 一般式 完成式 （Keys: 一般式 （not） doing; (not) being done; 完成式 （not） having done; (not) having been done) ★ V-ing 可作主语、宾语、表语 、 定语、状语和宾语补足语，但不能单独作谓语。 二 v-ing 的用法 1.作主语 ★ Swimming is good for health. ★ ______ (raise) your hat to a lady is good manners . 对一位女士脱帽致敬是礼貌的。 ★____________ (kill) by sharks in the sea is a common thing . (Keys: Raising; Being killed ) It’s no use (good) doing sth It’s a waste of time doing sth It is no use crying over spilt milk. 覆水难收。 It is a waste of time ___________ (talk) to him . It is important for me _______________ (learn) English . （Keys: talking; to learn ) Exercises 1 (1)_____ the exam will disappoint your parents. A. You failing B. Your failing C. You fail D. You to fail. （2). I don't think it's much good _____ to him. A. writing B. to write C. write D. written (3). _________ the same mistake again made his parents very angry. （他犯同一个错误） (4).It is no use _______ without __________. （光说不做是没用的。 ）
（Keys: B; A; Making; talking; doing ) 2. 作表语 ☆ Teaching is learning. 教学相长． ☆ My hobby is __________ (make) model planes. (making ) ☆ What worried the child most was C A his not allowing C his being allowed 注意一 Playing with fire is dangerous. To play with fire will be dangerous. ① 动名词作主语表示__________多次行为， 不定式作主语往往表示___________的动作。 (答案：一般或抽象的；具体的或一次性） To see is to believe. = Seeing is believing. ②V-ing 形式和不定式同时作主语和表语其前后形式要____________ (答案：保持一致） 3.作宾语 V-ing 形式既可作动词的宾语, 也可作介词的宾语。 ★We would appreciate hearing from you．我们会珍惜你的来信。 ★The bird escaped ______________ ★I feel like __________ (join) the army. ★He was afraid of _________________ (abandon) by us. (Keys:being caught; joining; being abandoned ) 注意：在 avoid, admit, appreciate, consider, delay, enjoy, escape, excuse, finish, forgive, imagine, mind, miss, practise, risk, suggest, give up, put off, feel like, insist on , instead of, look forward to, object to, keep on 等后只接 V-ing 形式作宾语。 注意二 ① want，need，require, deserve (值得）等动词之后作宾语时，常用动名词的主动式表示被 在 动意义。 want/need/require doing =want/need/require to be done The problem requires___________________. 这个问题需要认真研究。 The trees want __________. 这些树需要浇水了。 ② 在（be）worth 后面只能用动名词的主动形式来表示被动意义。 His suggestion is worth considering. The book is worth________.
to visit his mother in the hospital .
B his not being allowing D having not been allowed
③ allow，advise，forbid，permit doing sth allow, advise, forbid, permit sb to do sth We don’t _____________here. (不许吸烟) We don’t_____________________here. (不许学生吸烟) (Keys: ① studying carefully; watering; smoke ) Exercises 2 (1)The thief entered the room without _____. A. noticing C. having noticed A. to explain C. being explained to see what was happening. (4) I am busy _________ (prepare) for the entrance examination, so I can’t help ________ (do) housework at home. (Keys: B; B; reading; went; preparing; to do ) 4. 作定语 ＊ The girl standing there is my sister . ＊ This is a piece of _________(surprise) news . ＊ The problem___________________ (discuss) now is very important. ＊ The farmers ____________ (work) in the fields are tired . (Keys: surprising; being discussed; working ) 5. 作状语 ◆Hearing he good news , he jumped with joy . ◆He sat at the table , __________ (read) China Daily . ◆__________ ( work ) hard , you will succeed . ( Keys: reading; working ) 6. 作宾语补足语: ● I saw people coming and going in the street . ● I heard her ___________ (sing) a song in her room. ● You’ll find the topic _____________ (discuss) everywhere now. ( Keys: singing; being discussed ) 7.--- V-ing 一般式和一般式的被动形式; 1) He hurried home , looking behind from time to time . ____________________________________________________ 2) The building being repaired is our dormitory. _____________________________________________________ (答案：1.他匆匆忙忙的回家，并不时的回头往后看 舍 ）
③ allow smoking; allow students to
B. being noticed D. having been noticed B. explaining D. to be explained it
(2) The sentence wants __________ once more.
(3) When he heard the big noise, Tom stopped ________(read) and ________ (go) to the window
练一练： （1）George didn’t like ______________.（被嘲笑） （2）I could see he was terrified of ______________by us.（被抛弃） --- V-ing 的完成式和完成式的被动形式 3) Having lit a candle , she went out. _________________________________________________________ 4) Having been given such a good chance , you should catch it. __________________________________________________________ 参观了图书馆之后，我们又去了实验室。 _________________________, we went to the lab. 你记得十岁的时候曾被带去北京吗？ Do you remember _________________________ at the age of ten? (Keys:1 being laughed; 2 being abandoned; 3 点燃蜡烛之后他就出去了； 给你这么好的机会， 4 你应该抓住；Having visited the library; being taken to ) Exercises 3 Fill in the blanks : 1. _________ (turn) to the right , you will find the place you want . 2. ___________ (ask) to put on performance , she refused . 3. _______________ (finish) his work , Henry went home . 4. ________ (learn) new words is useful. 5.________ badly___________ (wound), the whale soon died. 6. James was afraid of ________________ (attack) by sharks. 7.The children enjoy_______________(take) to the aquarium. 8.Anemone fish hide in the coral to avoid _____________ (catch) 9. I didn’t mind ___________ (leave) at home . 10. The house wants _________ (clean). 11. He came in without __________ (ask). 12. _________________ (show) around the library , we were taken to see the lab. 13. He disliked _______________ (interrupt) in his experiment . 14. _________________ (not, receive) an answer , I wrote to him again . 15. _________________ (give) such a good chance , you should catch it 将下列句子翻译成英语。 1. 他受不了别人那样开他的玩 _______________________________________________________________________________ 2. 告诉过这个男孩几次，最终他明白了。 _______________________________________________________________________________ (Keys:1.Turning; 2.Being asked; 3.Having finished; 4.Learning;5. Being ; wounded; 6.being attacked; 7.taking; 8.being caught;9. being left;10. cleaning; 11.being asked; 12.Having been shown; 13.being interrupted; 14.Not having received;15. Having been given
1.He cant’t bear being made fun of like that; understood )
2.Having been told several times,the boy finally
Teaching aims: 1．知识目标：
(1). Ask students to read and use the following words correctly： airmail； fortnight； roof； muddy； textbook； concept； weekly； relevant； remot e； weed；rectangle；rectangular；adjust；platform；broom；tin；jar；sniff；participate； interpreter；grill；otherwise；privilege (2). Ask students to understand these phrases and use them freely ： hear from；(be)dying to；the other day；dry out；dry up 2．技能目标： (1)Train the students reading ability by using skimming and scanning. (2)Train the students ability of guessing the meaning of the new words in the reading passage. 3．能力目标： Strengthen the students reading ability；Develop the students ability of language output by using diagram and forms. 4．情感目标：: (1). Help students understand the volunteers’ work, train their love for others and help others in their daily life. (2)Strengthen their spirit of teamwork and sharing. Teaching methods: Explanation, discussion, teamwork. Teaching important points: 1．Get some information about Papua New Guinea: the living conditions and the customs. 2. Train their reading ability by using different reading strategies. Teaching difficult points:
1. Understand the volunteers’ work and set up the right values. 2. Train students ability of getting information, dealing with information and the ability of analyzing problems and solving
教学过程： Step 1 Warming up 1．Show the sign of United Nations Volunteer in China.
2．What does the word “volunteer” mean？In groups，discuss who can be called volunteers. (People who help others in their community or outside their community would be called volunteers. However，they would not be called volunteers if they help their parents，other relatives or friends.) Step 2 Pre－reading 1． Show the title and a map to the students and introduce some information about Papua New Guinea. (T：Now，let's read a passage about a volunteer working in Papua New Guinea—A Letter Home.) Step 3 Scanning Divide the passage into 4 parts and find out the main idea of each paragraph. Part 1(Paragraph 1) Opening of the letter and introduction to what will be talked about in the passage. Part 2(Paragraphs 2－3) The school where Jo worked and Jo's work at school. Part 3(Paragraphs 4－8) Jo and Jenny visited Tombe's home in the village. Part 4(Paragraph 9) End of the letter. Step 4 Skimming Skim the passage and finish the following tasks： Task 1 : Answe r the following questions： (1)Why did Jo send Rosemary some photos? (It is difficult for Rosemary to imagine how life was hard.) (2)Why was science the most challenging subject for Jo? (Her students ha d no concept of doing experiments and there was no equipment.) (3)Why did the boys start jumping out the windows? (The boys never came across anything like the bubbling mixture.) (4)Why should it take Jo and Jenny two and a half hours to get to the village? (They had to climb up a mountain to a ridge first and then down a steep path to the village below.) Task 2: What have you learned about the customs and lives of the people in Tombe's village？Read Paragraphs 4－8 carefully and complete the table below. Type of houses Diet Family relationships Possessions Cooking methods Agriculture Sleeping Beliefs arrangements Suggested answers： small， round， made of bamboo，grass roofs； men's huts have grass Sweet potato，corn， Type of houses sticking out of the top Diet vegetables peanuts of the roof ， no windows ； small doorway ； floor
covered with fresh grass large extended families (Everyone Poss essions seems to be a relative of Tombe's). Hot stones are placed in an oil drum，then vegetables are placed Agriculture in the drum，covered with banana leaves and steamed.
Not many—one broom ， a few tin plates and cups ， a couple of jar Tools are very basic， e.g.a digging stick(There is no machinery.)
The villagers believe in evil spirits. They A new sleeping believe that leftover platform for the food attracts evil Sleeping arrangements Beliefs guests. Kiak usually spirits so they dry it slept in her own hut. out in a can over the fire. Then the can is thrown out of the hut. 仔细阅读是快速阅读的延续。通过阅读，查找到巴布亚新几内亚独立国里各 部落居民的生活状况和风俗习惯。这也是这篇课文的重点之一。如果学生感觉难 度较大，可以给出句子，只留一些关键词汇的空格让学生填写，如空出答案中的 画线的单词。 Step 5 Reading aloud Read the passage aloud and underline the important phrases and difficult sentences. Step 6 Discussion 1．Why do you think Jo became a volunteer in PNG? 2．Would you like to work as a volunteer in a poor area？Give reasons. Step 7 Homework Write a passage about 100 words to introduce the village and life in the village according to the photos and the table in Exercise.1. 教学反思： 在本节阅读课上， 学生都能积极认真地参与讨论，在老师的指导下能够运用 多种阅读技巧认真阅读和分析本篇课文，对课文有了全面准确的理解，而且通过 本节课的学习， 学生了解了志愿者的工作并对他们产生了很大的敬意，改变了以 前自己的一些不正确的价值观， 这是本节课的成功之处。但仍有个别学生在仔细 阅读查找巴布亚新几内亚独立国里各部落居民的生活状况和风俗习惯时， 把握不 准，感觉有难度，在以后教学中在阅读方法上还要多给学生指导和练习。
Unit5 Travelling abroad
Teaching goals 教学目标
1. Target language 目标语言 a.词汇和短语: volunteer, clinic, challenging, over the last few years, in the future, in two weeks’ time, a couple of, developing country, Medecins Sans Frontieres(MSF), Malawi, Sudan, The Fred Hollows Foundation, The Cancer Council, Youth in the city, go blind, belief b. 重点句子: Why did Mary decide to work in the developing countries? Why were conditions in the clinic in the Sudan challenging? In the Sudan, why was it nearly impossible for Mary to get to the clinics when the rains came? 2. Ability goals 能力目标 Improve the students’ listening ability by listening to Dr Mary Murray’s experience as a volunteer with Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) 3．Learning ability goals 学能目标 Learn to predict what will be heard. Help the students understand time expressions and use them. Teaching important point 教学重点 Learn to make notes while listening to the material and number the events in the order they are heard. Teaching difficult point 教学难点 Learn to use time expressions and work together with a partner to describe a person’s experience.. Teaching methods 教学方法 Listening and cooperative learning. Teaching aid 教具准备 A recorder Teaching procedures & ways 教学过程与方式 Listening and cooperative learning. Step I Warming Up
(The teacher plays the tape and the students listen to it.) T: Now let’s check the answers of Exercise 1 and 2. (The students will answer the questions) T: Now let’s listen to the dialogue for a second time. When you are listening, you can check the answers of Exercise 2 and finish Exercises 3 and 4. Learn to make notes about Mary’s experiences in the table on Page 35. And share your notes with your partner and then with other groups. (The students will makes notes, and share their notes.) T: Ok, let’s listen to it for a third time to check the notes. Step III Listening(II)
T: Perhaps you may wonder, because we are students, what we can do to help. That is, what can we do to serve communities outside the school? Ok, let do LISTENING in the workbook on Page 70. You are also required to predict what you will hear, according to the four questions. Sa: There are three characters in the material: Jason, Mick and Annie. Sb: They want to raise money to help. Sc: Perhaps they will help children in hospital, or serve soup to the homeless, or protect the environment. Sd: They will spend some time working for their school’s Community Care Committee (CCC). T: It couldn’t be better. Now we’ll listen and check our prediction and also finish the exercises on Page 70. Step V Assignment T: Boys and girls, today we have listened to two materials about giving help to others. I do hope all of us will help those who need help. Besides, you should learn to predict what you will hear before listening and pay attention to the time expressions while listening. Homework for today. 1. Finish the LISTENING TASK on Page 75-76. Remember to predict what you will hear
according to the given information and also pay attention to time expressions. 2. Google for more information about MSF and share it between us. Now class is over. Goodbye, everyone. Ss: Goodbye, sir/madam.