成都七中高 2014 级零诊模拟试题
注意事项： 1. 本试卷分第 I 卷（选择题）和第 II 卷 (非选择题)两部分。 2. 本堂考试 110 分钟，满分 150 分。 3. 答题前，考生务必先将自己的姓名、学号填写在答题卷和机读卡上，并使用 2B 铅笔填涂。 4. 考试结束后，将答题卷和机读卡一并交回。
第一部分 语法和词汇知识（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 1. ---Are your parents worried about your leaving home for university? ---______. But they are happy to see me grow up independent. A. Sort of B. So what? C. By no means D. No kidding? 2. Without ______ electricity, how can we search for information on ______ Internet? A. /; a B. /; the C. the; the D. the; a 3. --- What do you think of Andrew? --- There are some things that are not easy to _____ and his coldness is one. A. put aside B. put away C. put up with D. put down 4. ______ we are advocating teaching reform, why not try a new _______ to teaching English? A. Even if; way B. Now that; approach C. Now that; method D. Even if; means 5. ______ scores of times, Mary still couldn’t understand how to use the model verb ―shall‖ in a proper way. A. Having explained B. Having been explained C. Though it was explained D. It had been explained 6. It was not just the size of the party last night ____ made it unique, but ____ it meant to our country. A. which; that B. that; what C. that; because D. that; that 7. — Has Mr. Tom White arrived? — Yes, already. ______ he wait outside or just come in？ A. Shall B. May C. Could D. Must 8. The news came as no surprise to me. I ______ for some time that the factory was going to shut down. A. knew B. know C. have known D. had known 9. The engineer spoke highly of the government’s efforts, ______ he owed his safe return from Libya. A. through which B. for whom C. with whom D. to which 10. But for the heavy traffic, the police ______ the thieves who tried to escape in the stolen car. A. would not have caught B. couldn’t catch C. would’t caught D. can’t have caught 第二部分 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项， 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 After years of searching, a truth seeker was told to go to a cave, in which he would find a well. " Ask the well what is___11___", he was advised, "and the well will reveal it to you." Having found the well, the seeker asked that the most basic and important__12__. And from the depths came the answer: "Go to the village crossroad, and there you shall find what you are seeking."
Full of__13__ the man ran to the crossroad to __14___only three uninteresting shops. One shop was selling pieces of metal, another sold__15__, and thin wires were for sales in the third. Nothing and no one there seemed to__16__much to do with the revelation of truth. Disappointed, the seeker returned to the well to demand an__17___, but he was told only: "You will__18__in the future." As years went by, the__19___of his experience at the well gradually_20___until one night, while he was walking, the sound of sitar(锡塔琴) music__21__his attention. It was wonderful and it was__22___with great skill and inspiration. Deeply___23__, the truth seeker felt drawn towards the___24_. He looked at the fingers dancing over the strings. And then suddenly he let out a cry of joyful__25__: the sitar was made out of wires and pieces of metal and wood just like__26__he had once seen in the three stores. At last he understood the __27__of the well: we have already been given everything we need, our__28___is to assemble and use them in the proper way. Nothing is__29__ so long as we recognize only fragments(碎片). But as soon as the pieces are put together, something new appears, whose nature we could not have__30__by considering the fragments alone. 11. A. truth 12. A. fact 13. A. energy 14. A. get 15. A. instruments 16. A. connect 17. A. explanation 18. A. succeed 19. A. bitterness 20. A. doubled 21. A. paid 22. A. played 23. A. annoyed 24. A. adviser 25. A. admiration 26. A. those 27. A. secret 28. A. target 29. A. interesting 30. A. foreseen 第三部分 阅读理解
B. hope B. reason B. hope B. count B. clothing B. have B. advice B. discover B. failure B. forgot B. lost B. broadcast B. moved B. director B. distinction B. that B. message B. difficulty B. meaningful B. decided
C. future C. question C. mystery C. find C. food C. prepare C. excuse C. pay C. memory C. faded C. split C. enjoyed C. confused C. composer C. recognition C. it C. theory C. task C. accessible C. judged
D. music D. well D. surprise D. open D. wood D. offer D. opportunity D. understand D. secret D. recovered D. caught D. conducted D. frightened D. player D. imagination D. them D. benefit D. shortcoming D. successful D. formed
第一节 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项 涂黑。 （共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分）
A woman whose sports car was stolen with her dog in it put up notices all over the area that made it clear getting back her pet was more important than her car． “Whoever did this can keep my car．Please let Benjerman come home,”the notice said． It is not known whether the thief showed any pity, but almost 30 hours after the 1 pm theft Friday, Kimberly Atkins of Dover and Benjerman，a 12-year-old black retriever，were reunited after police located them in Barrington． “He’s hungry and dirty, but he’s very happy to be home,”Atkins said． The car was found at about 5 pm Saturday off Route 125 in a swampy area frequented by off-the-road cars and dirty bikes．However, the police couldn’t control Benjerman，and they had to call Atkins to come and get him． Atkins said the thief cared for Benjerman a little by providing him with some dry cat food．She believed Benjerman ended up drinking some muddy water in the area．She said they have been together for nearly 11 years after she took him back from a society shelter in Dallas, Texas． Before Benjelman was found ， Atkins and several friends put up notices all over the city and in Somersworth．They also contacted animal shelters，throughout southern New Hampshire and Massachusetts. The notice stated there was a reward，and also that the dog needed medication．Any caller could remain anonymous（匿名的） ． Atkins had parked the car outside a hardware store with the keys inside and gone in to rent a carpet cleaner. ―It was l0 minutes and I came out and my car was gone along with Benjerman in broad daylight, ‖ Atkins said． The car thief threw Atkins’wallet and other personal items out of the car before escaping from the scene． 31. What would be the best title for the passage? A. A car with a dog was stolen B. Lucky dog was returned to his owner C. Stealing cars：a most important social problem D. Woman wants dog back more than stolen car 32. Which of the following shows the correct order of what happened? a. Notices were put up saying there was a reward． b. Atkins saw Benjerman again． c. Police found Atkins’ car． d. Atkins took Benjerman back from a society shelter． e. Atkins hired a carpet cleaner in a hardware store．
A. d, e, a, b, c
B. d, e, a, c, b
C. e, a, d, b, c
D. e, a, c, d, b
33. We can infer from the passage ___________. A. the dog was treated extremely badly by the thief B. car stolen accidents happen frequently nowadays C. the dog was found because of the reward D. the thief stole the car easily 34. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A. Benjerman was sent back immediately after Atkins put up the notices． B. Atkins and her friends made a great effort to look for Benjerman． C. The thief gave the dog back but kept the sports car． D. The dog was back at 1 pm on a Friday． B Visiting London can be an expensive trip, so establishing a budget and finding bargains when you arrive will help you get around London on the cheap. The following steps can help you find cheaper alternatives for transport for your London trip. ? Familiarize yourself with the city’s boroughs and specifically the area where you will be staying. You can
use a street map, or an online map search engine, to establish where in the city you will be staying and the distance you are from the major tourist attractions you want to visit. ? Find a local provider of Transport for London tickets or travel cards, since your first bargain purchase
will be an Oyster Card. Traveling around London with an Oyster Card will give you access to the cheapest option of transportation methods and the Oyster Card is accepted citywide on buses, boats and the London Underground, known by the locals as ―the tube‖. ? Seek out your nearest Tube Station. The Tube is the cheapest and most reliable form of transportation and
runs from around 6 a.m. until around 1 a.m. ..., depending on the line or the station. There are 287 tube stations in London that accept the Oyster Card, with a high concentration in central London. If you are staying anywhere in central London, there will be a tube station less than 10 minutes away. The Transport for London website offers a tube station search facility to find the nearest subway station to any location in the city. When you find a tube station, you can easily locate the closest bus stop by using the comparison bus-tube maps at the station’s entrance. ? Follow the Transport for London Tube Guide to your destinations and always plan ahead. Making a plan
for transport will save you unnecessary expenses, wasted trips on the tube and doubling back on your journey . 35. What’s the author’s purpose in writing the passage? A. To introduce the public transport system in London. B. To show readers how to use the Oyster Card. C. To prove the subway in London is easy to use. D. To offer tips for saving transport costs in London. 36. Which of the following can help a traveler spend the least money on transport in London? A. Trying different transportation methods. B. Taking buses as much as possible. C. Traveling with an Oyster Card. D. Making a plan before your journey. 37. By visiting the Transport for London website, people can ________. A. identify their own location C. find the nearest subway station B. locate the nearest bus station D. use an online map to avoid getting lost
38. We can conclude from the passage that ________. A. the subway is the cheapest means of transport in London. B. only Tube stations in Central London accept Oyster Card. C. subway lines in London run no less than 19 hours a day. D. the transfer from subway to bus is very convenient. C Le Whif, an inhaler(吸入剂) that allows chocolate lovers to meet their needs whenever they please without putting on weight, is to be released in British stores. The invention, called the world's first breathable food by its creators, let consumers suck in the taste of chocolate and coffee while taking on less than one calorie. Its makers claim it will enable dieters to enjoy their favorite snacks without worrying about their waistline. The lip-stick-style tube contains hundreds of milligrams of tiny food particles which are small enough to become conveyed by air, but too large to enter the lungs. Each Le Whif contains enough flavor about eight to ten whiffs(气味) and costs $1.99 on its own or $4.99 for a pack of three. The inhaler is available in chocolate, raspberry chocolate and mint chocolate models as well as coffee flavor, which gives a dose of caffeine equivalent to a small short of strong black coffee. It was invented by Prof. David Edwards. He said Le Whif was not designed to replace food but could be used
to increase dining experience, such as allowing people to sample a variety of dishes from restaurant menus before ordering their meals He said, "In terms of living off whiffing we aren't even close to being there. But there clearly has been a revolution over the last few years where we are eating smaller amounts of food more frequently, and choosing food or its aesthetic(审美的) pleasure. We will be launching new whiffing experiences probably every six months. It is reasonable to assume that the next line of whiffing products will be even more health-centered. The product that was released in Paris in 2009 and the initial production run of 25,000 inhalers were sold out within a month. It has since been made available across France and in the US. In Britain Le Whif is to be sold firstly in House of Fraser for a month, after which it could become more widely distributed. 39.According to Paragraph 1, Le Whif_____. A. is a new kind of healthy food C. is popular with British chocolate lovers 40. What is the main purpose of inventing Le Whif? A. To produce all kinds of chocolate. C. To change the coffee flavor. B. To replace the traditional chocolate. D. To increase people's dining experience. B. contains few nutrients in fact D. is able to help dieters lose weight
41. Which of the following statements does David Edwards agree with? A. His new products will come out once a year. B. Le Whif is a revolution that will change people's life completely. C. The whiffing products in the future will be improved. D. Le Whif can make people eat less food. 42. From the passage, we know that_____. A. customers can buy Le Whif all over the world. B. Le Whif hasn't been made available in British stores C. Le Whif can help to lose weight but is harmful to health D. Le Whif contains hundreds of tiny food particles which are small enough to enter the lungs D It's not just adults who have a thing or two to discuss with other people, babies too have their own social lives and enjoy group interaction, according to a world-first study. The breakthrough study conducted by psychologist Professor Ben Bradley, at Charles Sturt University, could completely transform the way child-care centres are set up. In their study, the researchers examined groups of nine-month-old babies in New South Wales and Britain. And they came across astounding(令人吃惊的)results. It was found that infants had "social brains" and focused not just on their mothers but on social life in groups as well. "They communicate with more than one baby at once, and show jealousy and generousness," said Professor Bradley. He added, "They develop their own meanings through group interaction, they notice if a group member is behaving differently and they take on roles, such as leaders and followers.‖
"A baby who has a depressed mother tends to be withdrawn ( 内向的 ), but put that same baby in a group of its peers (同龄人) and they behave and interact like any other baby." It was the first all-baby group study ever to be conducted. "Most studies of babies concentrate on the infant-mother relationship, assuming that is the single foundation for mental health, but babies are constantly involved with groups of people other than their mothers, fathers, siblings, grandparents and those taking care. Therefore, the mother-baby approach needs to be combined with a group approach, "said Bradley. Phoebe Christison, a child-care worker at Camperdown Sunshine Bubs in Sydney's inner west, said she often noticed what appeared to be emotional attachments developed between toddlers. She said," Joel ( 10 months ) and Isabella ( 11 months ) always like to hold hands when they sit in their high chairs and eat. And babies definitely show jealousy. They push and touch each other, and copy what the other is doing." 43. Which of the following statements about the study is TRUE? A. It's the first study to look at all-baby groups. B. It divides babies according to their personalities. C. Its aim is to change the way of child care. D. Its results are hard to believe. 44. A baby who has a depressed mother A. tends to be a follower C. has poor social ability B. also enjoys group interaction D. pays more attention to its mother
45. What can be inferred from the result of this study? A. There's no need of child-care centers at all. B. Babies are affected by groups more than by their mothers. C. Adults should include babies when having social activities. D. The normal infant-mother bond alone isn't enough for the good mental health for babies. 46. The underlined word "toddlers" in Para. 8 can be replaced by A. adults B. infants C. peers E It is common and usual to see people freak out when they face challenges in their life. We all pass in different life problems and challenges. No one is free of life problems. Only a dead man faces no problem. As long as you are alive, challenges are everywhere. How do you face problems and challenges in your life? Problems and challenges are the building blocks of your personality. They make you who you are. Besides, whether what happened in your life builds or destructs you depends on how you look at it. If you take your problems as troubles, they will be troubles and may cause
. D. groups
destruction. If you take them as constructive tools, you are going to be built up on them. Problems are everywhere. No one can avoid them. And they are good too. They open up a different look and opportunity if you are willing to see. When you face troubles, do not frustrate or freak out. Just cool yourself to think in a different direction. Think in a positive way. Every problem has its own good as well as bad sides. Focus on the good one. Look at the bright side. Besides, there is always a good person, perhaps your mom or dad, or one of your friends, right beside you who can turn everything into your best if you are willing to turn to them. No matter what happens, they will be there to help you. Trust them and they will never let you down. All you need to know is that you are loved wherever you are. 47. What’s the meaning of the underlined phrase ―freak out‖ in Paragraph 1? A. Feel shy. B. Stay calm. C. Keep up. D. Feel upset.
48. In Paragraph 2, the writer implies that ______. A. problems cause troubles C. challenges can be avoided B. attitude is everything D. personalities are built on failures
49. According to the last paragraph, when we're in trouble, we ______. A. can only depend on our parents C. should only believe ourselves 50. What’s the writer’s purpose to write the passage? A. To encourage. B. To compare. C. To prove. D. To explain. B. are not alone D. are not confident
第二节 补全对话 (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分)
根据对话内容，从对话后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项，并将答案写在二卷对应位置（否则 不予给分） ，选项中有两项多余选项。 Laurance: What kind of car do you have? Soony: An old one. Laurance: I know it’s old, but 51
Soony: It’s a Chevrolet. Why do you ask? You are going into the car business? Laurance: Nothing like that. My cousin is going to take a job overseas and he can’t take his car with him, so he’s going to sell it cheap. 52
Soony: Well, I have been thinking about getting a newer car. I can’t afford a brand new one.
Soony: Is it a four-door or a two-door? Laurance: It’s a coupe (双门小汽车) with a vinyl roof. Soony: 54
Laurance: Yes, and it also has power steering, power brakes, and air conditioning. Soony: I guess I might take a look at it. How much is he asking? Laurance: 55
Soony: Okay. Set it up for me to see it, if you can.
A. what mark is it? B. I can show you a second-hand car. C. Would you like to look at my cousin’s car? D. Does it have automatic transmission? E. Would you like to introduce your cousin to me? F. It’s practically new. G. I don’t know for sure, but he’ll make you a good deal.
写作(共两节，共 60 分)
第一节 阅读表达（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分）
阅读下面短文并回答问题，将答案写到相应的位置上（请注意问题后的词数要求） 。 Losing weight is hard enough．Keeping it off is even harder．Now a new study by researchers at Penn State suggests that the techniques that work for losing weight aren’t necessarily the same as those that help keep you slim． First the researchers surveyed over 1,100 people who had achieved significant weight loss and maintained it．The researchers identified 36 weight-loss and weight-maintenance practices that at least10% of the group used． Then the researchers conducted a national telephone survey of overweight people who had tried to lose weight and keep it off with different success: about 11% reported successfully losing weight, and 21% were able to maintain that loss for at least a year． The survey found people who lost weight successfully did so by participating in weight loss programs, cutting back on sugar, eating healthy snacks, not skipping meals and participating in different types of exercise．
Still, say many nutrition and obesity(减肥) experts. The basic principles of weight loss and maintenance are the same; you have to eat a healthy diet and increase your exercise．People who lose weight and keep it off tend to eat significantly healthier foods and do a lot more exercise than the average American． But what may maintain between weight-loss and maintenance is a person’s attitude; rather than focusing on actively losing weight in the short term．People have to start focusing on long-term, permanent lifestyle changes and behaviors, if they want to maintain the weight that’s been lost． The key to success, experts agree, is motivation, not necessarily the particulars of your weight-loss program． 56．What is the main idea of the text? （within 8 words） 57．What does the the underlined word ―those‖ in the first paragraph refer to? (within 3 words) 58．What way do the researchers use to do the study? (Within 5 words) 59. What are the best ways do the experts say about weight loss and maintenance? 60．What is the key to maintaining the weight that’s been lost? (within 3 words) (within 10 words)
成都七中高 2014 级零诊模拟试题 答题卷
补全对话： 51. _______ 52. _______ 53. _______ 54. _______ 55. ________
写作(共两节，共 60 分)
第一节 阅读表达（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 56. _________________________________________________________________________ 57. _________________________________________________________________________ 58. _________________________________________________________________________ 59. _________________________________________________________________________ 60. _________________________________________________________________________ 第二节 短文改错：(共 10 道小题，每题 1.5 分，共 15 分) 此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多两个错误；每处错误仅涉及一个单 词的增加，删除或修改。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在其下写出该加的词。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出改正后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从 11 处起）不计分。 Ken was having a serious back pain. He was in the hospital. The doctor talked to Eva, Ken's wife, about her condition. When she asked what serious her husband's back trouble was, the doctor said that Ken should have a completely bed rest. This meant that he has to lie down all the time in 2 or 3 weeks after he could go home. He then had to stay bed for about 10 days. After that, he could only got up twice a day to move around for 10 minute. Finally he could do some easy exercise. When he could walk round for an hour, he was able leave the hospital.
书面表达（满分 30 分）
最近，速成鸡事件再一次使食品安全成为了社会热点话题之一。请你根据以下提示以 Food Safety Issues 为题写一篇短文。 。 1. 不安全食品的危害（两点） 。 2. 应当采取的有效措施（两点） 。 3. 对这一问题解决的信心。 注意：1. 词数：120 左右； 2. 文章的开头已经给出，不计入总词数； Food Safety Issues Nowadays, unsafe foods can be found, now and then, in the market, _________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________
成都七中高 2014 级零诊模拟试题
单项选择： ABCBC BADDA 完型填空 11.--15 ACBCD 16--20 BADCC 21--25 DABDC 26---30 ABCBA 阅读理解： 31-34 DBDB 35-38 DCCA 39-42 ADCB 43-46 ABDB 47-50 DBBA 补全对话： 51 – 55 AFCDG 阅读表达： 56. How to keep the weight off/ The ways/techniques/tips to keep the weight off 57. The techniques 58. By making surveys. 59. You should eat healthier food and increase your exercise. 60. The motivation 短文改错： 1. 去掉 the 2. her—his 3. what—how 4. completely—complete 5. has—had 6. after—before 7. bed 前 加 in 8. got—get 9. minute—minutes 10. able 后加 to 书面表达： Food Safety Issues Nowadays, unsafe food can be found, now and then, in the market, which has aroused a lot of public attention. Unsafe food is harmful in many ways. To begin with, it has a bad effecton on the reputation of the real manufacturers and brings about moral crisis, making people not believe in each other any more. Above all, perople’s health and lives are severely threatened if they buy and eat some unsafe food. Measures should be taken to deal with the problem. For one thing, strict laws should be passed to punish the producers and the sellers.Once found commiting such a crime, they must answer for what they have done. For another, the government should strengthen the supervision of all aspects of food. With some effective mesures taken, I firmly believe this problem will be solved in the near future. (128)