株洲市二中 2012 年下期高一第二次质量检测
命题：高一英语备课组 时量：120 分钟 分值：150 分
Part One Listening Comprehension Section A (1.5′ x 15 = 22.5′) Directions: In this section, you’ll hear 6
conversations between 2 speakers. For each conversation, there are several questions and each question is followed by 3 choices. Listen to the conversations carefully and then answer the questions by marking the corresponding letter (A, B or C) on the question booklet. You will hear each conversation Twice. Conversation 1 1. What was the weather like last week? A. Nice and sunny B. Too warm C. Nether hot or cold 2. What season is it now? A. Summer B. Winter C. Autumn Conversation 2 3. Why does Mr. David want to see Mr. Ryan? A. To deal with his insurance for his car B. To show his consideration for his health C. To praise him for his hard work in the office 4. Who is the woman? A. Mr. Ryan’s wife B. Mr. Ryan’s workmate C. A secretary in the office Conversation 3 5. How much does the woman pay for what she buys? A. $215 B. $385 C. $170 6. Why does the woman change the first overcoat? A. It’s too expensive B. It’s too large C. It’s too small Conversation 4 7. Where does the girl come from? A. Germany B. France 8. How many countries did the girl visit? A. Two B. Three 9. How long did the girl stay in New York? A. For two days B. For three days Conversation 5 10. What is the woman going to do? A. Go cycling B. Study in the library
第 1 页 共 14 页
C. England C. Four C. For four days
C. Walk in the park
11. Why does Mike like to study in different places? A. It helps give him new ideas B. They’re usually quiet C. They’re interesting places 12. What does Mike tell the woman to do? A. To change her habit B. To study at home C. To try somewhere else Conversation 6 13. What does the man want to do? A. To invite a woman to a concert B. To invite a woman to see a film C. To invite a woman to dinner 14. Why won’t the woman go with the man on Friday? A. She’ll play in a concert B. The film is not to her taste C. It’s her father’s birthday 15. When are they going to meet? A. On Thursday evening B. On Friday evening
C. On Saturday evening
Directions: In this section, you will hear a short passage. Listen carefully and then fill in the numbered blanks with the information you have heard. Fill in each blank with No More Than Three Words. You will hear the short passage Twice. ●In 16. , everyone reads at the same time. ●You can hear 17. points of view and know something you’ve never 18. .
your group like the same kind of books and read at the as you do.
Part Two Language Knowledge Section A (1′ x 15 = 15′) Directions: Beneath each of the following sentences there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence. 21. This is the second time that I____ our grade monthly examination this term. A. have taken B. took C. was taken D. had taken 22. Some parents____ that taking part in all kinds of school activities helps children develop their mind in recent years. A. convince B. convinced C. have become convinced D. convincing 23. It’s so cold outside. Bring the flowers into a warm room ____ they'll soon open. A. or B. and C. but D. for 24. Sally is the girl ____ I think is likely to win the first prize in the competition. A. whose B. which C. whom D. who 25. —Many of my classmates and I will participate in our school art festival performance before New Year’s Day. —____. Shall we go together?
第 2 页 共 14 页
A. So do I
B. So can I
C. So am I
D. So will I
26. —It ____ that our school is to arrange us a chance to enjoy a class-free winter vocation. —Wonderful! But we must have a lot of assignments to finish at home. A. says B. is said C. saying D. was said 27. Look out! Don’t get too close to the house ____ roof is under repair. A. whose B. which C. of which D. that 28. —Tom seldom comes to school late, ____? —No. you can consider him a model student in our class. A. doesn’t he B. didn’t he C. does he D. will he 29. It is about 150 days since we ____ to Zhuzhou No.2 Middle School. That’s to say, we ____ here for about four months. A. came; have been B. have come; have been C. came; were D. came; have come 30. ______ online shopping attracts many people, there will always be some who enjoy shopping in the local groceries. A. While B. When C. If D. As 31.—Is there any possibility _____ there will be a more difficult final-term examination at the end of this term? —Maybe. We’d better spend more on our studies. A. if B. that C. what D. which 32. When ____ a letter about the life struggle overseas from his father working abroad, he was deeply touched. A. reading B. read C. to read D. is reading 33. —Is it possible for those who stay up at night to lose weight? —I’m not sure. Sometimes, loss of sleep ____ make people tired, and gain weight. A. is going to B. need C. should D. can 34. Mo Yan, the Chinese owner of 2012 Nobel Prize in Literature, has written many novels about ordinary people’s real life to make his readers ____ pity and moved. A. to feel B. felt C. feel D. to be felt 35. Shirley __ a book about the UFO she saw. But I really wonder if she has finished it. A. has written B. wrote C. has been writing D. had written Section B (1.5′x 12 = 18′) Directions: For each blank in the following passage there are four words or phrases marked A, B, C and D. Fill in each blank with word or phrases that best fits the context. A little boy invited his mother to attend his school’s first teacher-parent meeting. To the little boy’s 36 , she said she would go. This 37 be the first time that his classmates and teacher met his mother and he felt 38 of her appearance.
第 3 页 共 14 页
Although she was a beautiful woman, there was a big scar (疤痕) that covered nearly the right side of her face. The boy never wanted to 39 why or how she got the scar. At the meeting, the people were impressed (留下印象) by the kindness and natural beauty of his mother in spite of the scar, 40 the little boy was still embarrassed and hid himself from everyone. He did, however, get within 41 of a conversation between his mother and his teacher. The teacher asked 42 , “How did you get the scar on your face?” The mother replied with a smile, “ 43 my son was a baby, he was in a room that caught fire. Everyone was 44 afraid to go in because the fire was out of control, so I went in. As I was running toward his bed, I saw a long piece of wood 45 and I placed myself over him trying to protect him. I was knocked senseless, but luckily a fireman came in and saved both of us.” She 46 the burned side of her face. “This scar will be lasting, but to this day, I have never 47 what I did.” At this point, the little boy came out running toward his mother with tears in his eyes. He held her in his arms and felt a great sense of the sacrifice made for him. He held her hand tightly for the rest of the day. 36. A. excitement 37. A. could 38. A. ashamed 39. A. care about 40. A. so 41. A. hearing 42. A. nervously 43. A. As 44. A. so 45. A. falling down 46. A. pointed 47. A. forgot B. joy B. would B. afraid B. think about B. but B. reminding B. seriously B. now that B. too B. stepping up B. showed B. recognized C. happiness C. should C. sick C. talk about C. thus C. learning C. carefully C. Since C. quite C. going up C. touched C. considered
his mother had
D. disappointment D. must D. tired D. hear about D. and D. understanding D. anxiously D. When D. much D. closing down D. wiped D. regretted
Section C (1.5′ x 8 = 12′) Directions: Complete the following passage by filling in each blank with Only One Word that best fits the context. The end of the year is fast approaching 48. ____ Christmas Day is only two days to come. The celebration of Christmas begins 49. ____ the evening of December 24, called Christmas Eve. 50.____ is a time when family and friends gather together, sharing their stories of the year or bringing a newsletter to read out for what has happened during the 51. ____ year. The importance of Christmas Eve is greater 52. ____ that of the Day itself. The symbol--a Christmas Tree is believed 53. ____ come from Germany. It is the
第 4 页 共 14 页
most popular figure, Santa Claus, 54.____ brings children a lot of joy, fun and excitement. He flies over house top in a sleigh and delivers presents from chimney to children. Dec 26 is called Boxing Day in the UK, 55.____ means everyone opens their box of presents—the most joyful day for the children. Part Three Reading Comprehension (2′ x 15 = 30′) Directions: Read the following three passages. Each passage is followed by several questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one that fits best according to the information given in the passage. A Think of life as a game in which you are playing with five balls in the air. You name them work, family, health, friends and spirit (精神) and you keep all of them in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce (弹跳) back. But the other four balls, family, health, friends and spirit, are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be broken. They will never be the same. You must understand that and try to have balance in your life. How? Don’t look down on your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different and each of us is special. Don’t let other people set goals for you. Only you know what is best for yourself. Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying. Don’t be afraid of difficulties. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave. Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible. The quickest way to receive love is to give it; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly (紧紧地); the best way to keep love is to give it wings. Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going. Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is a treasure (珍宝) you can always carry easily. Don’t use time or words carelessly. You can’t get them back. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery (秘密), and today is a gift; that’s why we call it “the present”. Life is not a competition, but a trip, step by step. 56. The passage tells us not to ____ because everyone is special. A. compare yourself with others to look down on your worth B. be afraid of difficulties C. be afraid to learn D. run through life so fast 57. The sentence “Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.” means
第 5 页 共 14 页
that _____. A. Nothing is possible B. You should learn to give up C. If we don’t give up, there is always hope D. Although you try, nothing will change. 58. Why can’t we use time carelessly? ___________ A. Because time never returns B. Because time is too expensive. C. Because we are too poor. D. Because times will get back. 59. If you run through life so fast, you will ____________. A. lose your own treasure that you can always carry easily B. lose love by holding it too tightly C. not afraid of the difficulties D. forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going. 60. According to the passage, which is the best title? ___________ A. Nothing is impossible. B. Treat your life in a right way C. Things you can’t do. D. Glass balls are easy to be broken. B “Have a nice day!” may be a pleasant gesture or a meaningless expression. When my friend Maxie says “Have a nice day” with a smile, I know she sincerely cares about what happens to me. I feel loved and secure（安全的）since another person cares about me and wishes me well. “Have a nice day. Next!” This version of the expression is spoken by a salesgirl at the supermarket who is rushing me and my groceries out the door. The words came out in the same tone (腔调) with a fixed procedure. They are spoken at me, not to me. Obviously, the concern for my day and everyone else’s is the management’s attempt to increase business. The expression is one of those behaviors that help people get along with each other. Sometimes it shows the end of a meeting. As soon as you hear it, you know the meeting is at an end. Sometimes the expression saves us when we don’t know what to say. “Oh, you just had a tooth out? I’m terribly sorry, but have a nice day.” The expression can be pleasant. If a stranger says “Have a nice day” to you, you may find it heart-warming because someone you don’t know has tried to be nice to you. Although the use of the expression is an insincere, meaningless social custom at times, there is nothing wrong with the sentence except that it is a little uninteresting. The salesgirl, the waitress, the teacher, and all the countless others who speak it without thinking may not really care about my day. But in a strange and comfortable way, it’s nice to know they care enough to pretend they care when they really don’t care all that much. While the expression may not often be sincere, it is always spoken. The point is that people say it all the time when they like.
第 6 页 共 14 页
61. How does the author understand Maxie’s words? A. Maxie shows her anxiety to the author. B. Maxie encourages the author to stay happy. C. Maxie really wishes the author a good day. D. Maxie really worries about the author’s security. 62. What does the underlined sentence in Paragraph 2 mean? A. The sales-girl is rude. B. The sales-girl says the words as a routine. C. The sales-girl is bored. D. The sales-girl cares about me. 63. By saying “Have a nice day,” a stranger may _____. A. share his pleasure with you B. express respect to you C. give his blessing to you D. try to be polite to you 64. According to the last paragraph, people say “Have a nice day”_______. A. as a habit B. as thanks C. sincerely D. encouragingly 65. What is the best title of the passage? A. Have a Nice Day — a Pleasant Gesture B. Have a Nice Day — a Social Custom C. Have a Nice Day — a Heart-warming Greeting D. Have a Nice Day — a Polite Ending of a Conversation C Too many people want others to be their friends, but they don’t give friendship back. That is why some friendship don’t last long. To have a friend, you must learn to be one. You must learn to treat your friend the way you want your friend to treat you. Learning to be good friend means learning three rules: be honest; be generous; be understanding. Honesty is where a good friendship starts. Friends must be able to trust one another. If you do not tell the truth, people usually find out. If a friend finds out that you haven’t been honest, you may lose the friend’s trust. Good friends always count on one another to speak and act honestly. Generosity means sharing and sharing makes a friendship grow. You do not have to give your lunch money or your clothes. Naturally you will want to share your ideas and feelings. These can be very valuable to friend. They tell your friend what is important to you. By sharing them, you help your friend know better. Sooner or later everyone needs understanding and help with a problem. Something may go wrong at school. Talking about the problem can make it easier to solve. Turning to a friend can be a first step in solving the problem. So to be a friend you must listen and understand. You must try to put yourself in your friend’s place so you can understand the problem better. No two friendships are ever exactly alike. But all true friendships have three things in
第 7 页 共 14 页
common. If you plan to keep your friends, you must practice honesty, generosity and understanding. 66. Some friendships don’t last very long because_______. A. those who give others friendship receive friendship from others. B. there are too many people who want to make friends C. they don’t know friendship is something serious. D. some people receive friendship but don’t give friendship back 67. According to the passage honesty is_________. A. something countable B. as important as money C. the base of friendship D. more important than anything else 68. Which of the following isn’t mentioned in the passage? A. Always tell your friends the truth. B. A friend who gives you his lunch money is a true friend. C. Discussing your problems with your friends often helps to solve the problem. D. Sharing your mind with your friends is of great value. 69. The best title of this passage is_________. A. How to Be Friends B. Honesty Is the Best Policy C. A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed D. Three Important Points in Life 70. What’s the meaning of “count on” in the second paragraph? A. 重视 B. 认为 C. 期望，依赖 D. 数，点（数） Part Four Writing Section A (1′ x 10 = 10′) Directions: Read the following passage. Complete the diagram / Fill in the numbered blanks by using the information for the passage. Write No More Than 3 Words for each answer. Nowadays, studying abroad gains popularity in China. Many rich parents would rather send their children abroad to receive education than let them be educated in China. As every coin has two sides, studying abroad is not an exception. There are advantages for people to attend school abroad. In the first place, he can use the foreign language in his daily life so that his ability in the second language may be greatly improved, as it is obvious that there is no better chance to improve second-language than living in the country where it is spoken. While studying in a foreign country, he will most likely meet many others from overseas and it is possible to make friends from all over the world. This is not only exciting on the social level, but could lead to important overseas contacts in his career as well. He can get familiar with the latest knowledge in science and make use of the first-rate facilities available. In this way, there is every chance that he is able to widen his horizon (眼界) and broaden his mind.
第 8 页 共 14 页
Of course, attending schools abroad may bring about a series of problems. The most serious problem is language barrier (障碍). Most of the students who go abroad don’t have enough skills in the language spoken there. As a result, on arriving there, they will find it difficult to understand what the teachers say. Besides, for lack of knowledge of the customs of the local people, they may constantly run into trouble in dealing with various situations. Therefore, when given an opportunity to attend a school abroad, one must consider both sides of the factors carefully before making up his mind. Title: Studying abroad Present situation Sending children abroad to 71. _______ is popular with many rich parents. ● Children have the best chance to improve the second language because they can use it 72. _______. ● They can make friends with other students from 73. _______ countries. ● They can learn of the latest knowledge in science and have access to74. _______. ●Language barrier is the number one problem, because students don’t 76. _______ in the language spoken there. They will have 77. _______in understanding what the teachers say. ● They may constantly 78. _______ in dealing with cross-culture communication 79. _______ lack of knowledge of the customs of the locals. Both sides of the factors（因素）should be 80._______ carefully before one makes a decision.
Section B (2′ +2′ +3′ +3′ =10′) Directions: Read the following passage. Answer the questions according to the information given in the passage and the required words limit. Write your answers on your answer sheet. It's one of the world's greatest mysteries — how did the ancient Egyptians build the pyramids? It's as worrying as the riddle of the Sphinx. And the truth is, no one really knows how they built the pyramids. But amateur Egyptologist Maureen Clemmons has a theory. She thinks that kites may have been used to build the pyramids. "If you look at the top center of every monument, you see wings," Clemmons said. "I think the Egyptians have been trying to tell us in pictures for 3000 years that this is how they built the pyramids." Her idea — to build a pyramid, you control the desert wind using kites to lift the
第 9 页 共 14 页
stones. She got a team of aeronautic engineers from Caltech to help her test the theory. "At the beginning, we were very critical of her ideas but then we started to think more about it and we said, 'why not? Let's try it,' " said Mary Gharid of Caltech. The engineers worked out the math and designed a system of nylon ropes and pulleys (滑轮). Each pulley is four times the amount of weight a single kite can pull. "So, we're using one kite in 15 mile per hour winds to lift up a three and half ton block," said Caltech student Emilio Castano. Yesterday, in the Mojave Desert, they put their theory to the test using a nylon kite, three pulleys and an obelisk（方尖塔） that weighs nearly four tons. The wind speed had to be just right. And unimaginably, it worked. There was more than enough force to raise the obelisk. The total airtime is only twenty-five seconds. But the fact that it can be done doesn't necessarily mean that's how the ancient Egyptians did it. "There's absolutely no evidence for kites in ancient Egypt," said Professor Carol Redmount of UC Berkeley. "There's no evidence of pulleys as we know them today." 81. Did Mary Gharid support Maureen Clemmons’s idea? (No more than 3 words) _________________________________________________________. 82. Who helped her test the theory? (No more than 5 words) _________________________________________________________. 83. What is Maureen Clemmons’s theory? ( No more than 10 words ) _________________________________________________________. 84. Why did Maureen Clemmons’s theory prove not true? (No more than 12 words) _________________________________________________________. Section C (25′) Directions: Write an English composition according to the instructions given below in Chinese.
我们的校园生活丰富多彩，师生和谐相处，朝夕相伴。紧张的学习，活跃的课堂(lively class)， 以及校运会(school sports meet)、 社团活动(club activity)、 合唱比赛 （chorus competition） 、 厨艺秀(cooking talent show)等各种活动，交织成我们的青春梦想。我们得到了体验、锻炼和提 高，享受到了成功和欢乐。 请以“An Unforgettable School Activity”为题，用英语记叙一次校园活动经历，然后 发表感想或提出建议。 注意：（1）文章结构完整，行文连贯； （2）词数：120 左右。
第 10 页 共 14 页
株洲市二中 2012 年下期高一第二次质量检测英语试题
第 I 卷答题卡
1 A B C 21 A B C D 36 A B C D 56 A B C D 2 A B C 22 A B C D 37 A B C D 57 A B C D 3 A B C 23 A B C D 38 A B C D 58 A B C D 4 A B C 24 A B C D 39 A B C D 59 A B C D 5 A B C 25 A B C D 40 A B C D 60 A B C D 6 A B C 26 A B C D 41 A B C D 61 A B C D 7 A B C 27 A B C D 42 A B C D 62 A B C D 8 A B C 28 A B C D 43 A B C D 63 A B C D 9 A B C 29 A B C D 44 A B C D 64 A B C D 10 A B C 30 A B C D 45 A B C D 65 A B C D 11 A B C 31 A B C D 46 A B C D 66 A B C D 12 A B C 32 A B C D 47 A 50 B C D 67 A B C D 52 54 68 A B C D 69 A B C D 70 A B C D 53 55 51 13 A B C 33 A B C D 48 14 A B C 34 A B C D 15 16 A B C 35 A B C D 49 18 20 19 17
71．_____________________ 73. ______________________ 75. ______________________ 77．_____________________ 79. ______________________
72. _______________________ 74. _______________________ 76.________________________ 78. _______________________ 80. _______________________
81. (2′) 82. (2′) 83. (3′) 84. (3′)___________________________________________________________________________
第 11 页 共 14 页
Section C (25′)
An Unforgettable School Activity ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________
英语试题答案及阅卷细则 第 12 页 共 14 页
Part One Listening Comprehension Section A (1.5′ x 15 = 22.5′) 1--5 BCABC 6--10 CCBCA 11--15 ABBCC Section B (1.5′ x 5 = 7.5′) 16. a book club 17.different 18.thought about 19. Make sure 20.speed Part Two Language Knowledge Section A (1′ x 15 = 15′) 21--25 ACBDD 26--30 BACAA 31--35 BADCC Section B (1.5′x 12 = 18′) 36--40 DBACB 41--45 ACDBA 46--47 CD Section C (1.5′ x 8 = 12′) 48. and 49. on 50. It 51. past/last 52. than 53. to 54. that / who 55. which Part Three Reading Comprehension (2′ x 15 = 30′) 56--60 ACADB 61--65 CBDAB 66--70 DCBAC Part Four Writing Section A (1′ x 10 = 10′) 71. receive education/study 72. in daily life/every day 73. overseas/foreign / other/different 74.the first-rate facilities 75. Disadvantages/ Problems 76. have enough skills 77. difficulty / trouble 78. run into trouble /in trouble 79. because of / for/due to 80. considered Section B (2′ +2′ +3′ +3′ =10′) 81. (2′)Yes, she did. 82. (2′)Aeronautic engineers from Caltech. 83. (3′) Kites may have been used to build the pyramids. 84. (3′) Because there's no evidence for kites and pulleys in ancient Egypt. Section C (25′) 注意：表达中的错误，要下划线；同时，精彩词语或句子也请用波浪线标出。 要点： ①引入话题，点出校园活动 2′；②活动经历（准备 3′、过程 4′、结果 3′） ； ③感想和建议 5′④句式多边，衔接、过渡自然，行文连贯，卷面整洁，整体印象好 5′ ⑤卷面 2′ ⑥字数 1′ 评分原则：1. 本题总分为 25 分，按 5 个档次给分： 第五档 22－25 分 第四档 18－21 分 第三档 15－17 分 第二档 7－ 14 分 第一 档 1－ 6 分 2. 评分时，先根据文章的内容和语言初步确定其所属档次，然后以该档次的要求来衡量， 确定或调整档次，最后给分。 3. 评分时，应注意的主要内容为：内容要点、应用词汇和语法结构的数量和准确度、上下文 的连贯及语言的规范性。 4. 拼写与标点符号是语言准确性的一个方面，评分时，应视其对交际的影响程度予以考虑。 5. 如书写较差，以致影响交际，将分数降低一个档次。 必扣分项目和扣分细则： 1、要点不到位，如实予以扣分；只缺了要点中细小的内容酌情扣分。 2、严重语法错误，如，谓语错误，每处扣 1 分；基本句式和句子结构错误，每个扣 1--2 分。 重复错误只扣 1 处的得分。 3、只会使用简单句子，且句式单一（没有 1 个复合句或特定句式） ，最高得分不能超过 20 分。 写作评分原则： 1. 本题总分为 25 分，按 5 个档次给分。 2. 评分时，先根据文章的内容和语言初步确定其所属档次，然后以该档次的要求来衡量， 确定或调整档次，最后给分。 3. 评分时，应注意的主要内容为：内容要点、应用词汇和语法结构的数量和准确度、上下文 的连贯及语言的规范性。 4. 拼写与标点符号是语言准确性的一个方面，评分时，应视其对交际的影响程度予以考虑。 5. 如书写较差，以致影响交际，将分数降低一个档次。 给分标准： 1. 内容 13 分 2. 表达 10 分 3. 衔接、连贯 5 分 4. 整体印象 2 分 20－25 分：完全符合题目要求，文章结构完整，要点全；语句通顺，语言质量高，表达到位， 很少或没有语言错误。书写漂亮。 15－20 分：基本符合题目要求，写出了大部分要点，但有少量的小语言错误。 10－15 分：基本符合题目要求，只写出一些基本要点，有一些语言错误，但能表达其意。 第 13 页 共 14 页
5－10 分： 虽写出了要点，但语言错误较多，有近 3 分之 2 的语言不能达其意。 5 分以下： 难以或不能表达其意。 必扣分项目和扣分细则： ①要点不到位，如实予以扣分； ②只缺了要点中细小的内容酌情扣分。
第 14 页 共 14 页