1.押韵；押韵的词 rhyme 2. 具体的 concrete 3.引起矛盾的contradictory 4.钻石 diamond 5.灵活的；可弯曲的 flexible 6.模式 pattern 7.村舍 cottage 8.无穷的 endless 9.最低限度 minimum 10.翻译 translation 11.枝条；支流 br
anch 12.最后 eventually 13.悲伤 sorrow 14.赤裸的 bare 15.图书管理员 librarian 16.永远 forever 17.部分 section 18.毕业文凭 diploma 19.赞助人sponsor 20. 空白的 blank 21.指南针 compass 22. 冠军称号 championship 23.黑暗 darkness 24.温暖 warmth 25.奖学金 scholarship
Poetry is like a diamond（宝石）of language, which displays （呈现） the beauty of language as well as conveys the writer’s emotions and thoughts using the minimum of words. There are various forms of poetry. Some poems, like nursery rhymes, are written to delight children, though they may not make sense or even seem contradictory. Some, like the list poems have a flexible line length while others do not. The translations of Asian poems are popular with English speakers, Tang poems from China in particular. With so many different forms of poems to choose from, you may eventually want to write a poem of your own. It is certainly worth a try.
1. 传达感情 3. 将…从…运到… 4. 有意义，讲得通
1. convey one’s emotion(s)
2. convey one’s thanks/ sorrow/ 2. 向某人表达谢意、悲痛、 greeting to sb 问候等
3. convey sth from…to… 4. sb make sense of sth 5. sth make sense to sb 6. a flexible schedule 5. 灵活的时间表 7. take it easy 6. 放松，松懈 8. take your time 7. 慢慢来，不要急 9. We are running out of money. 8. 我们的钱快用完了。 10.our money is running out. 11.be made up of= consist of 9. 由……组成 12.make up for 10.弥补 11.因某事嘲笑某人 13.tease sb about sth 14.be popular with sb 12.受欢迎
1. in particular= particularly 1. 尤其 2. be particular about/over 2. 对……挑剔的 3. transform …into… 3. 从……转变成…… 4. choose from 4. 从中选择 5. it is appropriate for sb to do 5. 某人做某事是恰当的 6. exchange A for B 6. 交换，调换 in exchange for 7. a heavy load to sb 7. 对…是沉重的负担 8. take a load off one’s mind 8. 消除某人的精神负担 9. load…onto/into 9. 尝试，试验 10.load…with 10.发出，放走，泄露 11.try out 11.let alone 12.let out 12.let sb down 13.更不用说 14.使某人失望
make sense make up of tease … about run out of be popular with load with take it easy convey … to …
Take it easy you are sure to succeed. 1.____________, are running out of our time. 2. We ________________ is made up of eleven players. 3. A football team _____________ 4. He hates to be ____________ teased about his balding head. makes sense to take care of your health. 5. It _____________ 6. ________ Convey my apologies _____ to your friend. 7. Jay ____________________the students. is very popular with load him _____ with too much stress. 8. Don’t ______
1. The reason why she was late was that she was caught in the traffic jam. 2. With so many problems to solve (solve), we will have a hard time. 3. With no one noticing (notice), he slipped out of the room. 4. I like the TV program Sports World while my sister like Animal World. 5. While I understand your viewpoint, I don’t agree with you. 6. He is likely to be fired by the company due to his faults. 7. Whoever breaks the law shall be punished.
1.There are various reasons why/ for which people write poetry.人们写诗有着各种各样的原因。
2.The poems may not make sense and even seem contradictory, but they are easy to learn and recite .童谣不一 3.Some rhyme (like B) while others do not (like C)． 有些清单诗押韵(像B)，而有些不押韵(像C)。 4.With so many different forms of poetry to choose from, students may eventually want to write poems of their own.
5.Some poems tell a story or describe something
in a way that will give the reader a strong impression. Others try to convey certain emotions.(P10)
some…others… 一些……而另一些…… In the summer camp, some members are from Africa. Others are from Asia. 夏令营活动中，有些成员来自非洲，有些来自亚洲。
5.In fact, my family love reading so much that we keep buying books.事实上，我的家人如此喜欢读书以至于我们 总是买书。 6.Do you think the speaker in the poem is more likely to be a girlfriend/boyfriend or a parent?
7.Although the future may be difficult for you, whenever you need warmth and love, remember I'll have some to give you.
1.抽象的, 摘要 abstract 2.画廊 gallery 3.信念，信仰 faith 4.常规的 conventional 5.典型的 typical 6.明显的 evident 7.采用，收养 adopt 8.拥有 v. possess 9.技能，方法 technique 10.巧合 coincidence 11.影子 shadow 12.荒谬可笑的 ridiculous 13.有争议的controversial 14.试图 v. n. attempt 15.预测 predict
18.雕刻 v. carve 19.脆弱的，精致的 delicate 20.过敏的 allergic 21.敢作敢为,好斗的aggressive 22.学者 scholar 23.有感染力,呼吁,求助 appeal 24.名声 reputation 25.易碎的 fragile 26.当代的 contemporary 27.永久的 permanent 28.区域 district 29.委员会 committee 30.签名 signature
influencedby the customs and ____ faithof _a Art is ________ people. Styles in Western art have changed many aim of times.During the Middle Ages, the main ___ typical painters was to represent religious themes. A _____ picture at this time was full of religious symbols. concentrate During the Renaissance, people began to _______ on religious themes and ____ adopta more _____ humanistic less __ attitude to _____ __life. Artists tried to paint people and asthey really ____. were The ________ technique called nature __ were perspective was used, by which people ____ convinced that through a hole in a ____ _______ they were looking ______ at a real scene. __ wall ____ By_________, coincidence oil paints were also developed. Without the new paints and new technique, we would not be able to see many for which masterpieces ___ ____this period is famous.
a the late In ___ ____ 19th century, Europe changed _ ____ ___ great deal from a mostly agricultural society to a one The impressionists were mostly industrial ___. to paint outdoors. They were ___ eager the first __ __to show the effect of light and ______. shadow They had to paint quickly and their paintings were not __ as ______ __ detailed as _____ those of earlier painters. The Impressionist paintings were first thought controversial __________, but today people accept them as the beginning of ______ what we call modern art. On abstract __ the one hand, some modern art is _______. On the other handsome is realistic. With so many ___ ____ ____, different styles, who canpredict _____ what painting styles there will be in the future?
1. have faith in 2. be faithful to 3. specific aim 4. with the aim of 5. (take) aim at/ aim to do 6. sth be aimed at 7. be typical of 8. it’s typical of sb to do 9. an adopted child 10.adopt suggestions 11.adopt a positive attitude to life 11.对生活采取积极的态度 12.sb possess sth 12.某人拥有某物 sb be in possession of sth 13.某物为某人所有 13.sth be in the possession of sb 14.占据 14.take possession of 15.继承 15.come into possession of 16.个人财产 16.personal possessions 1. 对……有信心 2. 对……忠心的 3. 特定的目的 4. 带着……的目的 5. 瞄准，目的是 6. （某物）旨在做 7. 是……的典型 8. 某人一向如此 9. 一个被收养的孩子 10.采纳建议
1. (make an) attempt to do 1. 试图做 2. at one’s first attempt 2. 在第一次尝试的时候 3. it is predicted that 3. 据预测 4. a great deal of (不可数) 4. 大量的 scores of（加可数） two score of （八十个） 5. 第一个做某事的人 5. the first one to do 6. 计算出，理解 6. figure out 7. 偏爱 7. have a preference for 8. 优先于 8. in preference to 9. 本人 9. in the flesh 10.向某人献一束花 10.present sb with a bunch of flowers 11.be well worth a visit 11.很值得一看 12.be well worth reading 12.值得一读 13.on (the) one hand, on the 13.一方面，另一方面 other hand
1. The painting appeals to me. 1. 这画吸引我。 2. appeal to sb for sth/ to do 2. 呼吁某人做 3. appeal to force 3. 诉诸于武力 4. more than 4. 不仅仅是 5. rather than 5. 而不是 6. other than 6. 除外 7. be allergic to 7. 对……过敏的 8. have a good reputation for 8. 在某方面有好的声望 9. visual effects 9. 视觉效果 10.by coincidence 10.巧合 11.the admission price 11.门票价格 12.convince sb of sth 12.使某人相信 convince sb to do 说服某人做 convince sb that be convinced of/ to do/that
1. During the Renaissance, new ideas and values gradually replaced those held in the Middle Ages. that were held … Their paintings were not as detailed as those of earlier painters.
The cars made in this city are more expensive than _____ those made in that city. that of The history of China is as interesting as _____ Russia. that = the +单数或不可数名词 those = the+复数名词 one= a/an+可数名词 ones=复数名词
If the roles of perspective had not been discovered, no one would have been able to paint such realistic pictures.
Without the new paints and the new technique, we would not be able to see the many great masterpieces for which this period is famous.
By coincidence, oil paints were also developed at this time, which made the colours used in paintings look richer and deeper.
In the late 19th century, Europe changed a great deal from a mostly agricultural society to a mostly industrial one.
He likes swimming a great deal. She's married to a man a good deal older than herself. It took a great deal of time and effort to run a company. His work has attracted a great deal of attention.
Among the painters who broke away from the traditional style of painting were the Impressionists, who lived and worked in Paris. Among the guests is (be) the person you are looking for. Under the tree sits (sit) a beautiful girl. Present at the meeting were (be) some important figures. Out rushed a boy, crying. Look, there come (come) the rest of guests. Gone are the days when we lived a poor life. 必修五三维P59
At the time they were created, the Impressionist paintings were controversial, but today they are accepted as the beginning of what we call "modem art". What we can’t get seems better than what we have. What made the school proud was that more than 90％ of the students had been admitted to key universities. Perseverance is a kind of quality --- and that’s what it takes to do anything well. After what seemed like hours he came out with a bitter smile.
Henry Clay Frick, a rich New Yorker, died in 1919, leaving his house, furniture and art collection to the American people. V-ing形式作结果状语,常表示自然而然的现象。一 般放在句末，前面可用so,thus 等副词。 only to 表示出乎意料的结果 The fire lasted nearly a week, thus leaving nothing. I rushed to the school, only to find it was Sunday.
If I _____ were (be) you , I _______ would (tell) him the good news.
Were I you If I ___________ had known (know) about the computer program, a have been saved huge amount of time and energy would _____________ (save). Had I known If it _________(happen), what _______ would you ______(do)? do happened should happen were to happen Should it happen Were it to happen
1. If you _________ ________________ have made (make) had taken (take) my advice, you wouldn’t such mistakes. 2. If you had ________ (be) in taken(take) my advice, you _________________ wouldn’t be such trouble now. had studied (study) harder, you would be a college 3. If you ____________ student now. would have gone was 4. I ____________ (go) to Beijing with her last week, but I ________ (be) too busy. 5. I would have come earlier, but I ___________ didn’t know (not know) that you were waiting. was would have come 6. He _________ (be) busy yesterday, otherwise he _________ (come) to the party. would not have(not finished 7. But for/ without your help, we _____________ finish) the work on time. would have put (put) John’s name on the list but for his 8. We ______________ recent injury.
held 1. It is suggested that the party be _______(hold) on Saturday. not use 2. It is required that students _________(not use) cellphone in school. taken 3. My suggestion is that some measures be ________(take) to stop the river being polluted. 4. His pale face suggested that he ______(be) tired and we was suggested he _______(have) a good rest. have not be punished 5. He insisted that hehadn’t _________ (steal) the money and __________ stolen (not punish). be 6. It is a pity that Lucy ______(be) so careless. 7. It is high time that you _______________ should go/ went (go) to bed. 8. He treats me as if I ______ were (be) his son. had seen(see) it. 9. He talked about the accident as if he _______ had (have) a car now. 10.I wish I _____ had studied(study) harder in junior school. 11.How I wish I __________ came 12.I would rather you ___________ (come) tomorrow. hadn’t tell (not tell) me about the news 13.I would rather you ___________ yesterday.
I. 根据下列各句句意及所给单词的首字母或 汉语提示，写出各单词的正确形式。 1.Our English teacher asked each of us to write a oem (诗) after class. p____ 2. My p______ oetry (诗集) was published last year. 3. Parents always give their children names that r______: Donnie, Ronnie, Connie. hyme 4. Six weeks later we heard, to our great s______, orrow that he had died. diamond (钻石) earrings at 5. She wore a pair of ________ last night’s party. rhythm 节奏) of 6. The music is written in a _________( three beats to a bar.
awaiting （等待） their reply. 7. I’m ___________ 8. ______ Enter （收入，报名）my name for the competition. awoke （唤醒）me. 9. The songs of birds ________ branch （分支）of Germanic 10. English is a ________ family of languages. 11. Don’t take it seriously, he was only t__________ （开玩笑）. easing 12. A steam engine t_________ ransforms (转变) heat into power. 13. I can't c_______( 表达) my feelings in words. onvey
II. 根据句意, 选择适当的单词或短语并用其适当形式填空。
1. poet; poem; poetry poetry a.As a piece of ______, it seems to be a selection of Renaissance. poet b. He is both a soldier and a ______. poem about what c. I decided to write a ______ I felt.
2. run out; run out of a. By the time his patience had completely run out ________. run out of gas when we b. Unluckily, we have __________ are still on the highway.
3. be made up of; be made of; be made from
is made up of 5 a.The medicine team _______________ doctors and 10 nurses. b. This kind of paper _____________ is made from wood. was made of stones over a c. The bridge ____________ century ago. 4. translate into; translate from a. “Red Mansion Dream” has been ______________ translated into several languages. translated from one of b. This text is _________________ Shakespeare’s famous works.
III. 每空填一词, 使该句与所给句子的意思 相同。 1.The doctor told me to relax when examined. take it easy The doctor told me to ____ ___ ____ when examined. 2. I have used up my money. Please lend me some. I ____ have ____ run____ out of ___ my money. Please lend me some.
3. The football team consists of 11 players. The football team __ ___ is____ made up ___ of 11 players. 4. I failed in the exam. That’s because I didn’t study hard. The reason why ____ ______ ___ I failed in the exam was ______ that I didn’t study hard. 5. People write poems for various reasons. People write poems for __ ____ ___ a variety of reasons.
III. 根据提示将下列句子翻译成英语。 1. 我试图使他相信那个人不是个好人,可他不在乎。 (convince) I tried to convince him that the man wasn’t a good person, but he did not care. 2. 在过去几个月里，我们的医疗队取得了很大成功。 (a great deal) Our medical team has achieved a great deal in the last few months. 3. 他在这家公司工作已有几十年了(scores of) He has been working in the company for scores of years. 4. 那个男孩想熬夜看世界杯但被他的父母阻止了。 (attempt) The boy attempted to stay up for the World Cup but was stopped by his parents.
IV. 根据括号内所给的提示将下列句子翻 译成英语。 1.他讲了一些笑话, 使观众很开心.(delight)
He delighted the audience by telling some jokes. 2. 医生叫我休息几周。(take it easy)
The doctor told me to take it easy for a few weeks.
3. 这是一种很受说英语的人欢迎的日本诗。 (be popular with)
It is a Japanese form of poetry that is very popular with English speakers.
4. 我们的汽油昨天就用完了。(run out of) We ran out of petrol yesterday.
5. 这个团体是由医生和教师组成的。 (make up of)
The group is made up of doctors and teachers. 6. 她的书已经被译成了10种语言。 (translate ... into) Her book has been translated into 10 languages.
dread emotion repetition sorrow translate warm 用以下单词的正确形式填空 . 1.Besides practical knowledge, a teacher is ready to provide his or her pupils with emotional ________ support. repeat 2.Please ______ what you are required to do. I want you to know for sure before I take my leave. 3.Everyone would have screamed if they had dreadful noticed a snake crawling in. What a ______ scene. 4.I always enjoyed my English lessons at college, for I could sense the encouragement from the teacher as well as the warmth ______ which was conveyed by her words. 5.I was dragged by a whirlpool of sorrow ______ and became extremely worried about her, not knowing what to do throughout the day. when I heard of the news.
1. The words of his old teacher left a C (an)___________ impression on his mind. He is still influenced by them. A. long B. temporary C. lasting D. ever B 2. Putting in a new window will _______________ cutting away part of the roof. A. include B. involve C. contain D. possess 3. Cancer is only second ____ B heart disease as a cause of death. A. of B. to C. with D. from
4. The sports meet, originally _________ to be held last Friday, was finally _________ D because of the bad weather. A. due, set off B. supposed, broken off C. supposed, worn off D. due, called off 5. Shelly had prepared carefully for her biology exam so that she could be sure of passing it on her first ___________. B A. intention B. attempt C. purpose D. desire
6. I’d rather read than watch television; the programs seem _____________ all the time. B A. to get worse B. to be getting worse C. to have got worse D. getting worse
8. It worried her a lot that her husband always A awake all night long. _______ A. stayed B. was remained C. Continued D. kept on
B work late into the night but 9. My son ____ now he had been used to ____ to bed earlier. A. was used to; getting B. used to ;getting C. used to; get D. was used to
9.Those who are of great determination are _________ to make great achievements. B A. like B. likely C. probable D. possible