萨二中 2013—2014 学年度第一学期高二年级 11 月月考
英 语 试 卷
第一卷 选择题部分 (共计 105 分) 第一部分 听力（共两节，共计 20 分） 第一节（共 5 小题; 每小题 1 分,共计 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出 最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话
后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关 小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What’s the man probably doing? A. Studying. B. Sleeping. C. Watching TV.
2. What’s the possible relationship between the two speakers? A. Husband and wife. B. Manager and clerk. C. Doctor and patient.
3. Where does the man probably come from? A. The Middle East. B. Latin America. C. North America.
4. Why does the man refuse to talk to Jim again? A. Jim isn’t his friend. B. Jim spoke ill of him. C. Jim made fun of him.
5. What will the man do tonight? A. Take a history exam. B. Buy a record. C. Watch a game.
第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三 个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅 读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独 白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. What birthday present does the man usually give his wife? A. Pearl necklaces. B. Beautiful dresses. C. Flowers.
7. How much will the man pay? A. 800 yuan. B. 640 yuan. C. 160 yuan.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 9 题。
8. Why does the man feel pity? A. He is too busy to do sports. B. The woman doesn’t like to play with him. C. He can’t find somebody to do sports together. 9. What will the man do tomorrow morning? A. Have a class. B. Meet a friend. C. Play basketball.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What is Alexandra going to do? A. Look for a job. B. Apply for a visa. C. Go back to Greece.
11. What gift will the two speakers give Alexandra? A. Some Greek books. B. A set of dictionaries. C. A picture of their whole class. 12. What relation is Alexandra to the two speakers? A. Their teacher. B. Their co-worker. C. Their classmate.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. Why does the man play some sports? A. To be healthier. B. To be fun. C. To be energetic.
14. Which sports does the man often play? A. Football and tennis. B. Basketball and swimming. 15. How often does the man play sports? A. Twice a week. B Three times a week. C. Five times a week. C. Golf and volleyball.
16. What can we know about the woman? A. She can consult the man’s friends about yoga. B. She wants to lose weight by doing yoga. C. She doesn’t like doing yoga at home. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What does the woman want to do? A. Take a break before the finals. B. Review the lessons before the finals.
C. Have a holiday before the midterms. 18. Which of the following will the man need to bring? A. Drinks. B. Food. C. A bathing suit.
19. How will the two speakers go to that place? A. By car. B. On foot. C. By bike.
20. What will the woman confirm with the man soon? A. Where they will meet. C. Whether he has decided to go or not. 第二部分 英语知识应用 (共两节，共计 45 分) B. When they will set out.
第一节 单项填空 (共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，共 15 分) 21. She didn’t manage to break _____ record for the 100 metres, but it was _____ good try. A. a; a B. 不填; a C. the; a D. the; 不填
22. He studies hard, _______ the exam. A. aim at B. aiming at passing C. aiming passing D. aimed to passing
23. Some government officials were punished by law only because they were _______ what didn’t belong to them. A. in the possession of B. in possession of C. possessed D. to possess
24. I have learned _______ from my visit here. A. a great many B. a great deal C. a great deal of D. a bit of
25. ___ it rain tomorrow, we would have to put off the visit to the Yangpu Bridge. A. Were B. Should C. Would D. Will
26. But for the help of my English teacher, I __________ the first prize in the English writing competition. A. would not win C. would win B. would not have won D. would have won
27. Five players ________a basketball team. A.are made up of B. make up C. consist of D. are consisted
28. ---Do you think I can wear sports clothes for his wedding? ---No, sports clothes are not______. A. particular B. right C. appropriate
29. We must give up the project now. We _____ money. A. are running out of B. will run out of C. had run out of D.have run out of 30. Ann is full of great ideas. She is always considering____ new ways of doing things. A. to let out B. letting out C. to try out D. trying out
31.It is necessary that the problem ______ at once. A. solves B. should solve C. be solved D. will be solved
32.She made the demand that she ______ at once. A. leaves B. leave C. left D. to be left
33. ---“Have you ever been to Beijing?” --- “No, but I wish I ______.” A. have B. will C. do D. had
34.It’s time we ______ to bed. A. must go B. will go C. went D. have gone
35. ----Is there anything wrong with my baby? ----Nothing serious. _________. A.Take your time. B.Take it easy. C.That’s all right. 第二节 完形填空 (共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分) 阅读下列短文，掌握大意，然后从每小题所给的四个选项中，选出最佳选项。 One young person, who was well educated, went for a job as a manager in a big company. The president did the final 36 . He discovered the youth was 37 and felt satisfied. Then the president asked who paid for his school fees. The youth answered, “My mother did it. She worked as a clothes 38.” The president requested the youth to 39 his hands. So the youth did. They were smooth. Then he asked, “Have you ever 40 your mother wash the clothes before?” The youth 41 .” 43 me D.Don’t mention it.
answered, “Never, my mother always wanted me to “Go and clean your mother’s tomorrow morning,” the president said 42 44 .
when you go back today, and then
The youth felt his chance of getting the job was high, so when he went back, he 45 requested his mother to let him clean her hands. However, his tears fell 46 he cleaned his mother’s hands slowly. It was the first time he had
that his mother’s hands were so
wrinkled (布满皱纹的). After that, the youth didn’t say a word and washed all the remaining clothes for his mother 48 . That night, Mother and Son 49 for a very long time, longer than any talk before. The next 50 , the youth went to the president’s office. The president noticed the tears in the youth’s eyes and asked: “Please tell me how you 51 about helping your mother.” The youth said, “Number One, I know now what 52 is. Without my mother, I wouldn’t be successful today. Number Two, by helping my mother, I realize how 53 it is to get something done. Number Three, I’ve come to realize the 54 of family relationship.” The president said, “You are 55 .This is what I’m looking for to be my manager.” 36. A. election 37. A. strong 38. A. maker 39. A. wash 40. A. found 41. A. study 42. A. clothes 43. A. see 44. A. on purpose 45. A. carefully 46. A. after 47. A. believed 48. A. quietly 49. A. thought 50. A. morning 51. A. worried 52. A. courage 53. A. important 54. A. value 55. A. educated B. test B. excellent B. cleaner B. hide B. let B. ignore B. hands B. move B. in patience B. nervously B. until B. sensed B. sadly B. slept B. noon B. felt B. appreciation B. difficult B. secret B. respected C. interview C. humorous C. mender C. show C. helped C. work C. feet C. recognize C. by chance C. happily C. because C. noticed C. excitedly C. sat C. afternoon C. brought C. success C. different C. type C. trusted D. competition D. cute D. seller D. dry D. watched D. rest D. shoes D. answer D. at last D. shyly D. as D. expected D. angrily D. talked D. evening D. spoke D. family D. impossible D. change D. hired
第三部分 阅读理解 (共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，共计 40 分)
第一节 (共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，共计 30 分) A If you called someone a scientist in the early eighteenth century they would have thought of someone who improved on practical designs. Benjamin Franklin was such a scientist. He liked asking questions and then trying to find out the answers. For example, he thought that storms moved in the opposite direction to the winds that went with them. He suggested that it would be possible to mark the path of a storm on a map. To prove it he rode into a storm and then followed it down the road. Today people do not chase storms but they do mark their journeys down on maps. Since Benjamin Franklin spent so much time sailing from America to Europe, he became very interested in sea currents. In November, 1783, when he was in Paris, he happened to watch the first hot air balloon flight. He thought that hot air balloons could be used for war, perhaps for spying or dropping bombs on an enemy! But sadly he died before the first American hot air balloon flight. 56. The passage mainly tells us that Benjamin Franklin A. worked on electricity C. liked to do experiments .
B. thought scientifically D. could do things better than others .
57. The example in the first paragraph is used to suggest A. Franklin was thinking in a different way B. storms and their winds go in different directions
C. Franklin was someone who tried to find out how things worked D. Franklin’s observation is of great use to today’s meteorology 58. What can we infer from the last paragraph? A. The first known hot air balloon flight took place in November, 1783. B. In Benjamin’s times, people began to travel in hot air balloon. C. Benjamin’s prediction about balloon flights has come true. D. Benjamin was interested in peaceful uses of hot air balloon flights. B One day Haydn and Mozart had a competition. Mozart bet Hayden that he could not play the entertaining piece which Mozart had composed earlier that day. Haydn happily agreed to
the bet as he was famous for his sight-reading of music. So Mozart produced the piece of music and put it on the keyboard. At first Haydn had no trouble with it. He began well but all of a sudden the music stopped and his hands fell to his sides. There was a difficulty. This piece of music required the pianist to play at opposite ends of the keyboard while a note was being played directly in the centre of the piano. How could this be achieved? It seemed impossible! Haydn sat and looked at the music and was finally forced to agree that Mozart had won the bet. “But you can only win if you play this piece yourself,” he said. Mozart willingly agreed. He took his place at the piano and began to play. Sure enough his two hands were soon busy at either end of the keyboard just as the note in the centre of the keyboard needed to be played. Haydn watched in amazement as Mozart bent his face towards the keyboard. As the time for the note to be played arrived, Mozart bent his head very close to the keyboard that. Then he picked out the note and played it — with his nose. Haydn laughed and had to agree that Mozart had won the bet fair and square！ 59. What did Mozart and Haydn bet? A. They bet that Haydn couldn’t read a piece Mozart had composed. B. They bet that Haydn couldn’t play a piece Mozart had composed. C. They bet that Haydn couldn’t produce a piece as Mozart required. D. They bet that Haydn couldn’t tell whether a piece was composed by Mozart. 60. Haydn was famous for A. reading music by sight C. commenting on music 61. We can infer from the passage that . B. composing music D. playing music with a piano .
A. Haydn enjoyed a better reputation than Mozart B. Haydn thought it was an unfair competition C. Mozart was better than Haydn in playing music D. Mozart was confident he would win in the competition 62. Which of the following is the best title of the passage? A. A Gifted Musician C. An Interesting Competition C
B. Friendship between Two Musicians D. A Famous Piece of Music
The Sahara Festival is a three-day African celebration of the very recent past, which takes place every year either in November or December. It is part military display and part competition. The military display comes first. It is very popular with tourists and local people and especially with government leaders. During the opening ceremonies, the government leaders first make speeches. They welcome everybody to the display and hope that everyone will enjoy themselves. Then there is a display of soldiers who march very smartly in front of the place where the government leaders sit. Then horsemen from several different countries show off their beautiful clothes and their good riding skills. One after another they come and dancers from all over the Sahara take their turns to show off their wonderful traditional clothes and dances. They are accompanied by men playing drums and beating strong rhythms for the dancers. The highlight of the opening ceremony are the races which take place in the evening. It is the grand finale of the day. Men ride their horses very fast. Some ride with their legs in the air, others ride in pairs on different horses. It is so fast and so wonderful! 63. The Sahara Festival is a festival which A. has a very long history in North Africa B. is not celebrated on the same dates each year C. is attended mainly by the people in the Sahara D. is celebrated only by travellers from different countries 64. Before the races begin, take part in the activities during the opening ceremonies. .
A. horsemen, dancers, horses and soldiers B. horsemen, horses, government leaders and dancers C. government leaders, horsemen, dancers and soldiers D. musicians, soldiers, government leaders and soldiers 65. The underlined word “finale” in the third paragraph most probably means the of the opening day. A. first part B. middle C. last part . D. whole
66. This passage mainly tells readers
A. what happens on the opening day of the Sahara Festival B. how people celebrate during the three-day Sahara Festival
C. what takes place at the closing ceremonies of the Sahara Festival D. how animals race on the first and the last days of the Sahara Festival D What is teaching? It’s a difficult question to answer. In fact, as long as teachers fail to distinguish between teaching and learning, they will continue to undertake to do for children that which only children can do for themselves. Teaching children to read is not passing reading on to them. It is certainly not endless hours spent in activities about reading. Douglas insists that “reading cannot be taught directly and schools should stop trying to do the impossible”. Teaching and learning are two entirely different processes. They differ in kind and function. The function of teaching is to create the conditions and the climate that will make it possible for children to devise the most efficient system for teaching themselves to read. Teaching is also a public activity. It can be seen and observed. Learning to read involves all that each individual does to make sense of the world of printed language. Almost all of it is private, for learning is an occupation of the mind, and that process is not open to public scrutiny. If teacher and learner roles are not interchangeable, what then can be done through teaching that will aid the child in the quest(探索) for knowledge? Smith has one principal rule for all teaching instructions. “Make learning to read easy, which means making reading a meaningful, enjoyable and frequent experience for children”. When the roles of teacher and learner are seen for what they are, and when both teacher fulfil them appropriately, then much of the pressure and feeling of failure for both is eliminated. Learning to read is made easier when teachers create an environment where children are given the opportunity to solve the problem of leaning to read by reading. 67. According to the passage, learning to read will no longer be a difficult task when ______. A. reading enriches children’s experience B. teacher and learner roles are interchangeable C. teaching helps children in the search for knowledge D. children become highly motivated
68. The instruction of reading will be successful if
A. teachers can enable students to develop their own way of reading B. teachers can improve conditions at school for the students C. teachers can devise the most efficient system for reading D. teachers can make their teaching activities observable 69. The underlined word “scrutiny” most probably means “ A. inquiry B. suspect C. control ”. D. observation
70. The main idea of the passage is that ________. A. teachers should do as little as possible in helping students learn to read B. teachers should encourage students to read as widely as possible C. reading is more complicated than generally believed D. reading ability is something acquired rather than taught 第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为 多余选项。 Kids who have autism (自闭症) see the world differently than other people do, so they sometimes react to it in unexpected ways. 71 She hopes that people can understand autism and treat those who have autism with respect. So if you meet someone who has autism, you can try... 72 It can be hard for some kids who have autism to approach groups of kids to make friends. But Gina says that making friends with someone who has autism isn’t a big deal. “Just say hi — even if you’re shy. Every-one has to get used to a new friend.” 73 Learning about them 74 For example, a person who has autism might be very bothered by a noisy classroom. You might have no problem with the noise, but a kid with autism might be so upset that she has to leave the room. Gina says, “To understand a kid like me, you just have to be patient.” Being kind to them Words can hurt a kid with autism and sometimes it’s very hard for them to get over it after someone is mean to them. Gina says, “ 75 Try to have a nice heart.”
A. Saying hello to them B. Talking freely with them C. Be nice to people who are different. D. Autism can cause a kid to be afraid in public. E. That includes kids who don’t have autism, too, she says. F. Autism can make some kids uncomfortable in certain situations. G. Gina is such a girl who has made great success through her efforts.
第二卷 非选择题部分 (共计 45 分) 第一节 单词拼写: 根据汉语或首字母提示完成单词拼写，每空一词。 (共 10 小题，每 小题 1 分，共 10 分) 1. We may often talk of beautiful things, but beauty itself ___________(抽象的). 2. He made an ______________ (企图) to escape from being punished. 3. Sometimes earthquake can’t be _______________ (预测) . 4. He _____________ (改变) the old kitchen into a beautiful sitting room. 5. The naughty boy climbed up the tree and hid himself among the _____________ (树枝). 6. Having no children of their own, they decided to a_______ a child from the earthquake-hit area. 7. By c________________, I met the person we had been discussing the next day. 8. True friends should share happiness as well as s____________. 9. He feel like e_______________ this red dress for a blue one. 10. I like reading poems, because poems can c____________ certain emotions.
第二节 短文改错 (共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，共 10 分) 文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（＼）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及修改均仅限一词； 2. 只修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。
May 10, 2007
Today I was having a PE lesson while I fell down and hurt my foot. I was in
greatly pain at that moment, but I tried to act as if nothing has happened until the
class was over. Though I had difficulty walk back to my classroom, I still didn’t
tell anyone but even refused the offer of help my classmates. As result, the hurt in
my foot became worse. Now I know I was wrong. We can tell others our need for
help and accept his help. Some day we can not help others in return. In this way,
we can get along to each other happily and peacefully.
第二节 书面表达 (共 25 分) 假设你是新华中学的李华，不久前在学校举办的英语竞赛中获得一等奖。校报请你 写一篇稿件刊登在英文版面上，介绍你课外学习英语的经验。请根据以下提示用英语写 一篇短文： 1.参加英语角的益处； 2.坚持写英语日记的作用；3. 英文阅读对你的帮助。 注意：1. 词数：100---120 词。 2. 可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。 My name is Li Hua, a student from Xin Hua Middle School. I got the first place in the English contest held by our school not long ago. Here I’d like to share my experience in learning English with you.
_______________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________
高二年级 12 月考试答案 Listening:(20*1=20) 1. ACCBC 6. CBCAC 11. BCABC 16. AACAB
Multiple:(15*1=15) 21-25. CBBBB Cloze:(20*1.5=30) 36-40. CBBCC Reading:(20*2=40) 56. (A)BCC 59. (B)BADC Words-spelling:(10*1=10) 1-5. abstract attempt 6-10. adopt predicted transformed exchanging branches convey 63. (C)BCCA 67. (D) DADD 71-75 GAEFC 41-45. ABADC 46-50. DCADA 51-55. BBBAD 26-30. BBCDD 31-35. CBDCB
Proof-reading:(10*1=10) 1.when →while 2.greatly→great 3. has→had 4.walk→walking 5.but→and 6. as ∧ result → 7.was→ am Writing:(25*1=25) My name is Li Hua, a student from Xin Hua Middle School. I got the first place in the English contest held by our school not long ago. Here I’d like to share my experience in learning English with you. First of all, attending English corners is of great help to improve my oral English and motivate my interest of English, so whenever there is an opportunity, I’ll grasp it. Secondly, I keep writing English diaries, which enables me to express what happens in daily life and in this way I can practice my written English. Thirdly, as we all know, we need extensive reading to enlarge our vision, so I also do a lot of reading in my spare time. Meanwhile, English TV programmes and movies also helped me a lot. Where there is a will, there is a way. As long as you make up your mind to develop good habits of English learning, you can get a good result. 8.his→their 9.去掉 not 10.to→with
56. B 解析： 本文并未提到 Franklin 在电学方面的成就， 因此 A 不对； C 和 D 也未涉及。 而 57. C 解析：从第二行 practical 一词可以看出 C 选项正确。 58. C. A 不是推断出来而是直接呈现的；B 与最后一句话不符；D 错在 peaceful 一词上。 59．B 解析：第一段第二句告诉了答案，即：Mozart bet Hayden that he could not play the entertaining piece which Mozart had composed earlier that day. 60. A 解析：由第一段第三句可知正确答案是选项 A。 61. D 解析：从 Mozart 后来的表现和倒数第六行的 willingly 一词可以看出选项 D 正确。 62. C 解析：A、D 明显与文章不符；没有如 B 所说强调友谊，而只是一次有趣的打赌。 63. B 解析：从第一段就能发现 A、C、D 是错误的。由第一段第二行的 either … or 可以看 出它的日期不定。 64. C 解析：第二段中逐个介绍了开幕式中参加表演的人。 65. C 解析： 从前后的信息中可以看出这部分应该是当天开幕式的高潮， 也是最后部分了。 结合 the evening 和 finale 本身与 final 的联系来看，也应选 C。 66. A 解析：文章第二段和第三段的中心词都是 opening ceremonies，闭幕式从没提到， 也没有提到三天具体的活动，所以选 A。 67. D 解析：依据文章第四段、 第五段所提供的信息， 特别是第五段第三行 Learning to read is made easier when teachers create an environment where children are given the opportunity to solve the problem of learning to read by reading. (当教师们创造了一种环 境，使孩子们有机会自己通过阅读解决所遇到的问题时，学习阅读就变得容易多了)，可 以看出 D 项与之最为相近。 68. A 解析： 依据文章第二段第二行 The function of teaching is to create the conditions and the climate that will make it possible for children to devise the most efficient system for teaching themselves to read. (教学的任务是为学生能够找出自己最有效的自学阅读的方 法创造条件和氛围)，A 项符合上述意思，为正确答案。注意与选项 C 的区别。 69. D 解析：猜测词义题。inquiry 询问；observation 观察；control 控制；suspicion 怀 疑。该词出现在第三段最后两句 process is not open to public scrutiny，考生可从该句的上 文作出推测。最明显的提示出现在第二段最后两句 Teaching is also a public activity. It can be seen and observed. 所以，scrutiny 最可能的词义应该是 observation，故 D 项正确。 70. D 解析：依据文章第一段最后一句 reading cannot be taught directly and … 说明阅读 能力并不是通过教师教就能掌握的。教师应做的是给学生创造一个好的环境和条件，激 发学生阅读的渴望，培养出良好的阅读习惯和方法，只有这样，才能掌握阅读技能，提 高阅读水平。所以选项 D 正确。