<<All You Need to Know About Hip Hop>>学案
Step1. Fast reading
Choose the right general idea for each part. Part1. How rap singers improved their records step by step and
when hip hop spread across the world Part2. Part3 Part4. The definition and origin of hip hop Mcs, another style of music known as rap was born The two reasons why hip hop was successful
Step2. Careful reading 1> Read the Part1 and fill in the blanks
Hip hop What When Where Main aspects
2> Read the Part2 and ans wer some questions
1. How did the DJs make the percussion breaks in the songs longer?
2. How long were the performances of the shouting DJs?
3. Apart from the DJs, what else happened at block parties?
3> Read the Part3 and decide True or False
1. Hip Hop is successful because it doesn’t cost a lot of money to do it. 2. Anyone who wants to be an Mcs must have professional skills. ( ) ( )
4> Read the Part4 and fill in the blanks
How did rap singers record their songs
The first time that rap artists recorded their music, (the music without the singing) in the next generation of Step3. Conclusion Fill in the blanks Hip hop is an American In New York. There were four people dance which started in the 1970s at of Hip hop. The DJs played a lot of soul music and they the percussion breaks because they were the best parts to and ; recorded the backing and the rappers added their later. The
recorded their vocals at the same time as the musicians.
. The 2 reasons of Hip hop’s success were that: firstly, it’s
Secondly, people were
the pop music of the day----- disco and rock music were in Hip hop across the world Japan,
in the mid 1970s. In the late 1980s, India and many parts of Europe.
Step4. Language Points
1. Hip hop is an American cultural movement which started in the 1970s at block parties in New York, (尤其，特别地) in a district called the Bronx.
2. New York audiences didn’t really like reggae music, so he started playing other kinds of music, (包括)rock and disco music. 3. …they noticed that people preferred the percussion breaks in the songs because they were the best parts to (随着……音乐跳舞) the idea them..(随
4. There were a lot of Jamaicans in New York who 身带去某物) 5. The couple sat 6. Later, they 7.“ music.” 8. ，(其次) people (肩并肩地)
(用……进行实验)different vocal and rhythmic approaches… (一……就)I heard it” he said, “I knew it was a completely new kind of
(对……厌倦)the pop music of (下降，下坡路)in the
the day-----disco music and rock music were both mid 1970s. 9. Hip hop people who hated disco! 10. The style soon (利用) that and
(提供)a kind of disco
(传播到……) other parts of the United States.