成都七中 2017 届半期考试练习(一)(By Spring) （11 月 10 日直播课评讲）
一、单项选择。 1. Without ________ electricity, how can we search for information on __________ Internet? A. /; a B. /; the C. the; the D. the;
a 2. --- It was sunny yesterday. --- __________. And a very good day for picnic, wasn’t it? A. So it was B. So it is C. So was it D. So is it 3. The trouble they had __________ the work completed on time is beyond description. A. to get B. getting C. to be getting D. got 4. --- Have you had a good evening? --- Well, I __________ on my math, but it ’s so difficult that I think I will have a break. A. worked B. was working C. work D. have been working 5. The palace caught fire three times in the last century, and little of the original building____now. A. remains B. is remained 6. This __________ girl is Nancy’s daughter. A. little lovely Australian C. Australian lovely little C. is remaining D. have been remained
B. Australian little lovely D. lovely little Australian
7. They will __________ food and clothing __________ the homeless people. A. offer; with B. supply; to C. supply; with D. provide; to 8. --- Did you enjoy yourself at the party? 【Spring 老师智慧奉献】 ---Yes. I appreciated __________. A. to be invited B. to have invited C. being invited D. having invited 9. --- Shall we go biking in the suburbs this weekend? --- Well, __________. A. It’s your opinion B. I don’t mind C. It’s all up to you D. That’s your idea 10. The man with a gun had a __________ expression on his face. A. satisfying B. satisfactory C. satisfy D. satisfied 11. Tom has made _______ great progress this term and as _______ result he is praised by his teacher. A. /; a B. a; a C. a; the D. /; / 12. With his two daughters _______ in senior high school at present, Mr. White has taken a parttime job. A. to study B. studying C. studied D. having studied 13. —I’ll meet you outside the cinema in an hour, OK? —_______ See you then. A. Oh really? B. That’s settled. C. Have you got that? D. Not at all. 14. —Did you enjoy the party last weekend at Peter’s home? —Oh, sure. It has been years ____ I last enjoyed myself like that. 【Spring老师智慧奉献】 A. since B. before C. until D. when 15. Hearing the _______ news that he failed in the exam again, a _______ look appeared on his face. A. disappointed; disappointed B. disappointed; disappointing C. disappointing; disappointed D. disappointing; disappointing 16. She waited and waited, and the exciting moment she had been looking forward to _______ at last. A. coming B. come C. came D. comes 17. A car crashed on Sunday. However, all the passengers _______ the accident with only a few slightly injured. A. remained B. stayed C. lived D. survived 18. Life is full of surprises and you never know how things will _______. A. turn out B. put out C. break out D. set out 19. You couldn’t imagine what difficulty they had last week _______ the fire under control. A. bringing B. brought C. to bring
20. Like so many scientists before him, Gurdon shows us _______ the power of curiosity and perseverance can lead us to great discoveries. A. what B. how C. when 21. Susan’s scarf looks just the same as Mary’s, but it cost _______ hers. A. as much twice as C. as twice much as B. twice as much as D. much as twice as D. where
22. Sandy, which is considered one of the strongest storms ever to affect the U.S. east coast, _______ 38 deaths so far. 【Spring 老师智慧奉献】 A. caused B. had caused C. is causing D. has caused 23. _______ with the size of the whole earth, the biggest ocean does not seem big at all. A. Compare B. Having compared C. Comparing D. Compared
entertainments of a kind, but _______ what you’ll find in the city. A. nothing but B. anything like C. nothing like D. something like 25. The most _______ names of the Americans are Smith, Johnson, Williams, Brown and Miller. A. ordinary B. average C. normal D. common D. means D. to be published 26. We can improve our English ability by _______ of reading and listening to it a lot every day. A. method B. approach C. way 27. We are looking forward to J.K Rolling’s new book ________. A. published B. publish C. publishing
24. The town offers
二、词汇运用（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分；满分 10 分） 题组一 根据下列各句意思，用方框内单词的适当形式填空完成句子。 （请将答案写在答题卡上相应番号后的横线上） scenery, approach, interview, abandon, neighborhood, similar, behave, disappear, 1. Between him and the four other brothers there was much __________. embarrass, scientific 2. Tom won a prize for good __________ at school. 【Spring 老师智慧奉献】 3. He is a good player, but hasn’t __________ international standard. 4. The film star agreed to give an/ a __________ immediately after his wedding. 5. We passed through some beautiful __________ on our journey through the Lake District. 6. To do experiments __________ is to carry them out in a complete way. 7. The __________ they lived in must be very poor. 8. These beautiful birds are fast __________. We must take measures to protect them. 9. He talked about his request very carefully, for he was afraid of __________ his boss. 10. The game had to be ___________ because of crowd trouble. 题组二 从方框中选出恰当的词或短语并用其正确形式填空。每个词或短语仅用一次。（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） conclude, patience, aim at, fortunate, access, abandon, in other words, contact, astonish, relax 1. Much to our _______ , the visiting team won. 2. There’s little time left. _______, we can’t get to the cinema on time. 3. In Europe, the relationship between teachers and students is much friendlier and more _______. 4. After waiting for two hours, the long queue of people became _______. 5. We saw _______ farms which were built more than a hundred years ago.
6. _______, he failed in the Entrance Examination, but he didn ’t lose heart and decided to try again. 7. He can’t be _______ by phone on the telephone number given below. 8. Now we can draw a _______ that water is the most important substance in our life. 9. The digital resources of our school library are _______ to all the students. 10. Though the charity project _______ generous artists, ordinary residents responded actively. 题组三 从方框中选出恰当的词或短语并用其正确形式填空。每个词或短语仅用一次。（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
1. The most important thing at the beginning is __________, getting the sounds right. 2. Her __________ of English grammar is so clear that even I understand it. 3. I needed an elephant __________ to carry people. I didn’t know anything about elephants, so I asked an expert for help. 4. It’s very important for teachers to have _________ in the class, so that the class can be in order instead of in a mass. 5. There are also _________ activities such as the school orchestra, the school choir and dance clubs. 6. The large number of _________graduates is a serious problem in the US as well as in China. 7. I was __________ moved by the friendship between Sullivan and Mike in the movie Monster University. 8. With Spring Festival _________, Feng Xiaogang is busy preparing for the annual CCTV Spring Festival Gala as the chief director. 9. If you choose to drive to Hongyuan, you will enjoy the beautiful _________ just outside the car window. 10. Students in No.7 High School have to learn how to _________ academic study and students activities as there are colorful activities for you to take part in.
阅读表达（共 5 小题；每小题 3 分，满分 15 分） （2014 山东） 阅读下面的短文并用英语回答问题，然后将答案写到答题卡相应的位置上（请注意问题后的字数要求） 。  Nowadays the cost of a new car has fallen in real terms so that it is cheaper than ever to own one, and better road conditions have also attracted more drivers. The result is overcrowding on the road system, which is one of the problems the local governments are faced with.  When people travel to other towns, the problem might be relieved by getting them to park outside the town. Buses could be provided to take them into the centre. These Park and Ride projects are increasingly popular in the UK. At Southerton, for example, a council-funded project led to a 15% drop in city centre traffic over five months.  What the council found, though, was that the project proved somewhat unpopular with shop owners in the area outside the centre. Many of their shops relied on passing car drivers for some of their trade. As the number of people driving past dropped, so did their incomes.  Making car driving expensive is another way of ____________. Road taxes tend to mean that people use their cars less. Fining drivers who are in areas where cars have been banned can also tend to encourage them to leave their cars behind.  However, one thing has to be got right for any solution to succeed. If we expect people to give up the habit of driving, we must give them an alternative they can rely on. Constant delays, unannounced changes t o the timetable and sudden cancellations all discourage people from using public transport. People will only see it as a real choice if the buses and tr ains are on time.
1. What causes overcrowding on the road system according to Paragraph 1? (no more than 12 words) _______________________________________________________________________________ 2. What should people do when traveling to other towns according to the Park and Ride projects? (no more than 10 words) _______________________________________________________________________________ 3. Why were some shop owners unhappy about the project? (no more than 10 words) _______________________________________________________________________________ 4. Fill in the blank in Paragraph 4. ( no more than 8 words) _______________________________________________________________________________ 5. Why are people unwilling to use public transport according to Paragraph 5? (no more than 8 words) _______________________________________________________________________________
四、短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，共 15 分） （2014 辽宁） 下面短文中有 10 处语言错误。请在有错误的工方增加、删除或修改某个单词。 增加：在缺词处加一个符号（^） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意： 1. 每句不超过两个错误； 2. 每处错误及其修改均只限一词； 3. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Dear Jeremy and Alice, Although we’ve been delighted to have you as neighbors, we’re hoping to settle something that bothers to us. In a word, your dog—Cleo. 【Spring 老师智慧奉献】 We’ve called several time about Cleo’s early morning barking. It is difficult to understanding why she barks every minute she’s outside. The early morning barking have been disturbing us as we are often up all night with the baby. Beside, Cleo tends to bark a average of six hours a day. This morning she starts barking even before 5 o’clock. That is too much for us, considering how closely the houses are. We appreciate our apologies and goodwill, but we hope that you can figure a good way of settling the matter.