Module 6 Problems
If you tell him the truth now,
you will show that you are honest.
How many letters are there in this passage?
Two. (A letter and a reply) Who wrote these letters? Steve Diana
has a problem, ask for help give some advice
at New Standard Magazine
b) A magazine
a) A report
1: Don’t forget to read c) Tip A story d) A play the first sentence.
What is Steve’s problem?
a)Steve and his friend played a computer game on his father’s computer, though his father warned him not to do so, Steve’s father was really angry. b)Steve’s friend cut some documents by mistake from Steve’s father’s computer. His father was very angry. Steve did not know how to repair it. c) Steve and his friend played a computer game on his father’s computer. Some important documents were missing. His father was angry. Steve was worried about what to do.
What is Diana’s advice
games on his father’s 1. Steve should never play _____________________ computer _________when his father told him not to do so. 2. Steve should tell his father the truth to show he is honest ___________. tell the truth to his father and 3. Steve should ____________ the bill pay_________. pocket money so 4. Steve should give up his ____________ that his father will realise that______________. he is really sorry
1. What did David take with him to Steve’s home last week?
A new computer game.
2. Where did they play the computer game?
On Steve’s father’s computer
3. Can Steve do anything on his father’s computer? Why?
His father thinks something will go wrong if he plays games on it.
No, he can’t. He can only use it for his homework
Q1: How did the computer go wrong?
copied it to the computer. 1. We ______ 2. After we finished playing, we took ____ it off the computer. ____ 3. When I checked if everything was OK, some of my dad’s document weremissing _____. 4. My father could ___ _____ find the important documents anywhere.
What do you think Steve should do with the problem?
?Keep silent. ?Tell the truth to his father. ?Repair it with his own pocket money.
To be honest or dishonest?
?Offer to do some jobs around the home to
pay for it.
4 Complete the passage with the words in the box. bill honest least reason repair truth If Steve tells his father the (1)_______, truth at (2)______ least he will show that he is (3)______. honest If Steve wants to get his father’s documents back, he will have to ask a repair computer (4)_________ shop for help.
Steve should use his pocket money to pay the (5) _______. The (6)_________ bill reason for this is that it will show he is sorry.
1. He think that if I play games on it, it’ll go wrong. ? go wrong 表示“出毛病, 出故障, 出错” e.g. His television has gone wrong again. Follow these instructions and can’t go wrong. ? go 此处用作系动词, 意思为“变得, 变成”。如： The bread’s gone bad. Her hair is starting to go grey.
2. Well, my dad was out, so … be out 表示“不在家或办公室等, 特别是 短时间”。如： Did anyone call while I was out? My parents are both out at the moment. 3. Should I offer to pay? offer vt. 表示“提供; 提出; 提议； offer to do 表示“愿意做某事”。如： Can I offer you something to drink? Jack had offered to help me with my maths. My dad has offered to pick us up.
4. He’ll be angry with you, but at least you’ll prove how honest you are. ? be angry with sb 表示“生某人的气”。如： I’ll be angry with you if you break the cup. I was angry with him for keeping me waiting. ? at least 表示“至少”。如： The food wasn’t good, but at least it was cheap. It will take at least 20 minutes to get there. At least, he didn’t lie to me.
5. But you shouldn’t use your pocket money — after all, your parents gave you that money. ? after all 表示“毕竟”。如： I know he hasn’t finished the work, but after all, he’s done his best. After all, we don’t want to get into trouble.
How to write a letter to someone to describe your problem?
1. Pay attention to the form of a letter.
When Where who what
2. What is the problem.
Tip 3: If you want to ask for help, you should tell the problem clearly.
How to write a letter of reply to give advice?
1. Pay attention to the form of a letter.
What is the problem?
2. the problem
How to solve the problem? (give advice)
Work in groups. Read your problem to the group. Discuss advice for each problem. Decide who is going to write the advice for each problem. Write down the advice on the paper. Find one of them read it loudly. The other group also can give some advice.
I am a student in No. 2 Middle School, I am very fat and short, so many students often laugh at me, I am very sad, I want to be thinner and thinner, I want to become beautiful very much, I want to be a film star like Zhang Ziyi. Could you help me? How can I lose weight? I hope you can give me some advice. Thank you!