高一英语同步练习 必修 2 Unit 4 Wild life protection
第 4 课时 Using language
基础练习 本单元知识点总结归纳 一. 翻译下面单词和短语 1. 逐渐消失 _______ 3. 在危险中 _______
5. 突然笑起来 _______ 7. 注意 ___________ 9. 按照, 根据---所说 _____ 11. 对---- 有害 _________ 13. 追赶 ________ 15.感激,意识到 _________ 2. 和平地,和睦地 _____ 4. 如释重负 ___________ 6. 保护---不受---伤害 ________ 8. 形成,产生 _________ 10. 以至于,结果 ______ 12. 对- ---有影响 ________ 14. 环顾四周 ___________ 16. 保护区 ___________ 18. in the wild __________ 20. endangered species _________
17. without mercy ____________ 19. tens of millions of__________
二. 重点句型 1. We are being killed for the wool beneath our stomachs. 2. I’d like to help as the WWF suggests. 3. You should pay more attention to the rainforest where I live and appreciate how the animals live together. 4. We used to be an endangered species. 三. 交际用语 1. I would rather not ------- . 2. I’m ready to do --------- . 3. I feel like doing ------4. I intend/mean/plan to do -------.
5. It’s a shame that ------6. Thank you very much but ------四.语法: am/is/are + being + p.p
实战演练 一.单项选择 1. He used to _______ biscuits for his breakfast, but now he is used to _______bread. A. have ; have C. having ; have B. having ; having D. have ; having
2. He is wearing sunglasses to ____ his eyes from the strong sunlight . A. protect C. stop B. hold D. prevent
3. I’d like to take a week’s holiday. ----- ________ , we are too busy. A. Don’t worry C. Forget it B. Don’t mention it D. Pardon me
4. Would you like some more soup? ----- ________ . It is delicious, but I’ve had enough. A. Yes, please C. Nothing more B. No, thank you D. I’d like some
5. With his mother ________him, he is getting on well with his work. A. help C. helping B. to help D. helps
6. Wind ______ electricity(电) widely in many parts of the world. A. used to produce B. is used to producing C. is used to produce D. used to producing 7. Beer _______ alcohol; drinking too much of it will do harm to the health.
A. includes C. contains B. holds D. remains
8. It might be all right to tell a friend you loved the shirt you got as a gift _______ you know you’ll never wear it. A. even though C. in case B. unless D. or else
9. Our main speaker will not be able to arrive on time ______ the bad weather at the airport. A. because C. as a result B. as a result of D. thanks to
10. He said in his letter that he was going to visit China ___________ and he had the idea ___________. A. long before; before long B. before long; long before C. before long; soon D. before long; before long 二. 完形填空 My son Joey was born with club feet. The doctors said that with treatment he would be able to walk, but would never run very well. The first three years of his life was 1 in hospital. By the time he was eight, you wouldn’t know he has a problem
when you saw him 2 . Children in our neighborhood always ran around 3 jump and ran and play, 4 their play, and Joey would 5
. We never told him that he probably wouldn’t be
to run like the other children. So he didn’t know. In 6 grade he decided to join the school running team. Every day he trained. He ran more than any of the others, run for the didn’t know. He ran four to five miles every day — even when he had a fever. I was went to 10 9 , so I 7 only the top seven runners would be chosen to
8 . We didn’t tell him he probably would never make the team, so he
him after school. I found him running 11 . I asked him how he felt.
“Okay,” he said. He has two more miles to go. Yet he looked straight ahead and kept
Two weeks later, the names of the team six on the list. Joey had 14
were caked. Joey was number
the team. He was in seventh grade — the other six
team members were all eighth graders. We never told him he couldn’t do it … so he didn’t know. He just 1. A. spent 2. A. talk 3. A. after 4. A. either 5. A. able 6. A. sixth 7. A. so 8. A. neighborhood 9. A. excited 10. A. hear from 11. A. alone 12. A. riding 13. A. jumpers 14. A. got 15. A. did 三.阅读理解 Mr. Ma, a famous mental doctor from Beijing once said at an important meeting, “Now many young students can have problems with their minds. Some students become worried because they have to study very hard. Others have trouble getting on well with people around them like their parents and classmates. Parents and teachers should care more about this problem.” Then Mr. Ma gave some examples. One patient, a middle school students from Xi’an was doing badly in his lessons. He thought his teachers and friends often laughed at him, and he became so nervous and worried that one night he left his
15 it. C. paid C. study C. during C. though C. glad C. eighth C. then B. family C. school C. pleased C. agree with D. cost D. walk D. till D. yet D. afraid D. ninth D. because D. grade D. worried D. look for D. already D. running D. teachers D. found D. took
B. taken B. sit B. before B. too B. sorry B. seventh B. if
B. tired B. think about B. away B. walking B. runners B. kept B. left
C. almost C. playing C. doctors C. made C. had
homes without telling parents. Another student, a 14-year-old schoolgirl from Shanghai, was very afraid of exams. While she was reading the exam paper, she couldn’t think of anything to write. A recent report from Jiefang Daily says about 18% of the young students in Shanghai have mental problems. They often fell worried and very unhappy. Unluckily many of them won’t go and ask for help. Some think they will look stupid if they go to see a doctor. Others won’t talk about their secrets. At the end of the meeting, Mr. Ma offered some good ideas to young people: Talk to your parents or teacher often. Take part in group activities. Try to get on well with the people around you. Go to see a doctor if you often feel unhappy. 1.The students who often become worried or have trouble getting on with others may have _______. A. no parents C. poor memories B. no secrets D. mental problems
2.The schoolgirl’s problem happened whenever she _______. A. studied very hard B. had exams C. talked with her parents D. went to see the doctor 3.Some of those with mental problems won’t ask for help because _______. A. they don’t want o tell their secrets to others B. their parents are too busy to look after them C. doctors can’t help them with the problems D. they can do with the problems themselves 4.The underlined word “stupid” in this passage means _______. A. pretty C. not clever B. happy D. not friendly
5.According to the last part, which of the followings is a good idea?
A. It’s important for children to live with their parents. B. It’s helpful for people to see doctors every day. C. It’s useful for students to keep quiet in class. D. It’s necessary for young people to have group activities.
反馈检测 一. 翻译 1. People’s lives in Iraq are always ________ ________ (危险), so they hope they could live ______ _______(平平安安). 2. Our school ________ _______ _______ (建校) in 1957. 3. He will be here ______ _______ (肯定) within an hour. 4. May I use your computer? Mine _______ _______ ________ (在修理). 5. ________ _______ _______ (由他带) the way, we had no trouble in finding the old man’s house. 二. 书面表达 你班同学参加了“中学生英文报”组织的一场讨论。讨论的主题是：城市内是否可以豢养宠物 （狗和猫）。请你以李华的名义，根据下表所提供的信息，给报社投稿，介绍讨论情况，并 说明自己的观点和建议。 反对饲养宠物的同学认为 造成环境污染 吵闹声，甚至伤人 注意： 词数 100 左右。 _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ ________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ 支持饲养宠物的同学认为 安慰孤寡老人 人与动物和谐相处，增添生活情趣
_______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _______________
第 4 课时 Using language 基础练习 本单元知识点总结归纳 一. 翻译下面单词和短语 1. die out 2. in peace 3. in danger 4. in relief 5. burst into laughter 9. according
6. protect ---- from to 10. so that after 16. reserve 20. 濒临灭绝的种类
7. pay attention to
8. come into being
11. do harm to 14. look around 17.毫无仁慈地
12. have an effect on 15. appreciate 18. 在野外
一. 单项选择 1 ---- 5 DACBC 6 -----10 CCABB
二. 完形填空 1—5 ADCBA 三. 阅读理解 1—5 DBACD 6—10 BDCDD 11—15 DDBCD
3. for sure 4. is being repaired 5. With him leading 二. 书面表达 One possible version: Dear Editor:
1. in danger; in peace 2. came into being
Recently we have had a heated discussion on whether people should keep pets at home in cities. Some students think it’s a good idea to keep pets because many old people who live alone at home can get some comfort from pets. Besides, getting along well with animals will make our life interesting. On the contrary, the other students are against the idea. In their opinions, if too many people keep pets at home, it is bad for the environment. What is worse, pets may make too much noise and even attack people. I like animals, so I don’t think it’s bad to keep pets at home. But we must take some measures to prevent them from polluting our environment.
Yours sincerely Li Hua