Unit 1-3 1. She could read the strange e_______ on her husband's race. 2. The shop e_________ more workers for Christmas season. 3. These are my o__________ about the
matter. 4. Mr Grey and his family are away on v___________ now. 5. The c__________ connects the Atlantic Ocean and North Sea. 6. Don't worry too much about the r__________ of the examination. 7. There are a lot of wild animals in this a____________ . 8. The word"lead"has two p__________ . 9. The c____________ in Chinese writing look like small pictures. 10. A person who wants to become a doctor has to study m________ . 11. If you are in China, France is a w_______________ country. 12. The cinema emptied when the m_____________ ended. 13. Will you please e____________ the sentence again 14. He lost his legs in an accident and had to move about in a w______ chair. 15. At first, the government had great d_________ in carrying out the plan. 16. The teacher asked us to catch the g_____________ idea of the text. 17. At the b________ of this term, we don't know each other very well. 18. When I left, she was busy with her e_____________ . 19. E___________ plays an important part in our life. 20. You are sure to succeed if you do it p___________ . 21. You must read and understand the i______ before you take the medicine. 22. Mix some oil and v_____________ as a dressing for salad. 23. German, English, Spanish and French are E__________ languages. 24. He went home d_____________ after school. 25. The wind was h_____________ outside. Unit 4-6 1. Everyone has tow hands. Each hand has five f ________. 2. The person whom you work together with is called your p__________ . 3. The farmers had the pump pumping water from d_________ until dark in the dry season. 4. M_________ is something that is mixed together. 5. In China, rice is grown in the south while w________ is grown in the north. 6. We usually put our cups and glasses in a c__________ . 7. They usually do their e________ in the chemistry lab or in the physics lab. 8. Smoking is not a_________ here. 9. Yesterday Mr. John s________ at the gathering and the students enjoyed his speech very much. 10. Christmas is a h_______ for everybody in the western countries. 11. Please turn on the e__________ lights, the classroom is too dark.
12. Karl Marx Was born in G__________ and his native language was German. 13. The e__________ "right away" means "at once". 14. Today it's my t________ to be on duty. 15. We should not only practise written English, but also practise o_____ English. 16. Please give my best w__________ to your parents. 17.The climate in the east of China is different from that in the w_____ of China. 18. Did his mother die in the summer or in the f__________ of 1990 19. It doesn't make any d_________ to me whether you go or stay. 20. If someone says that Tom and Bill are classmates, it means they are in the s__________class. 21. A ________is the hottest month of the year in Hangzhou. 22. It takes years of p_________ to become an expert. 23. Everyone thinks he is r________ a good student. 24.What did Zhou Lan say when she wanted to i_______ Tang Lin to Jane 25. The sentence "We had a good time last night" has the same meaning as the sentence "We e___________ ourselves". Unit 7-9 1. A h_________ is a place where people can stay and have meals when they are traveling. 2.American country song singers usually liked to carry a g________ with them because it was easy. 3. It's said that the p________ of the computer will go down soon. It's the time to buy one. 4. It's good news that a new a____________ is being built in Hangzhou. 5 Bob and Marx will go to Xi'an s________ , but they will meet each other there . 6. Mother often advises(劝告)me to save some money for f________ .She says it's very useful. 7. This summer, it rained heavily along the Changjiang River and the water destroyed bridges, houses, crops, s_________ and so on . 8. With the help of some v________ , we got through the forest near the village. 9. The travelers lost their way . They needed a g________ . 10. We went to the hospital by t_________ . 11. In the p______ people used to cut down trees and never took care of them. 12. Nearly all the children in China are n_______ dressed during the Spring Festival. 13. The car that my uncle had just bought was d_________ in a big accident. 14. On Sundays the young students like to go to the b________ to buy some useful books. 15. A k__________ is a room where meals are cooked or prepared. 16. The story is well written and s_________ beautiful. 17. What about t_________ some photos in front of the factory gate. 18. It looks as if it will rain .You'd better take a r__________ with you . 19. As u________ , she arrived earlier than I had expected . 20. D___________ comes after November.
21. Does the 21st c__________ begin with the year 2000 or 2001 22. Helen made many mistakes because of her c___________ . 23. Mick is watching his mother s___________ cabbage seed now. 24. We'll get much s__________ when the trees grow up . 25. You can grow tomatoes well following the i________ . Unit 10-14 1. I don't like maths but I am i______________ in English. 2. When it is dry, farmers often pump water from the w______ and water the plants . 3. The teacher asked his students to read the d________ in Lesson 1 again and answer the questions. 4. The cook t__________ everything to see if it is right. 5. Mother d________ both her hands into a basin to wash something. 6. If Tom feels well e_________ to watch TV by then , he Will be fine after the football game. 7. When the cup was at last r______ to the teacher, he said nothing but smiled. 8. Visitors are r_________ not to touch the paintings. 9. Please give my r________ to your parents. 10. We have a lot of m__________ on the farm. 11. Watch me c___________ when I do this. 12. Don't m________ a face when you don't understand others. 13. I'm sorry I don't quite f__________ you 14. For e_______ , the words "colour" and "center" are spelt color, center in American English. 15. Railroads and banks in China belong to the s_______ . 16. In our school, there are four p________ labs. 17.Tom didn't join us because he would take an exam in c the next day. 18. O______ he arrives, we'll start. 19. U________ forced to stay in by bad weather, I do climbing every morning.. 20. S______ the door after you, please. 21. After a lot of talk he f________ agreed to pay the damage. 22. I'm afraid the p________ in the car is running out . 23. The boy had a sweet in his mouth and was s__________ it hard. 24. The girl cried s________ when she learned her close friend had died in a traffic accident. 25. He had a strange way of making his classes l_________ and interesting. Unit (15-17) 1. To h __________the Olympic Games is a rich prize for a country. 2. Columbus liked s_______ . As a result, he discovered America. 3. W_________ is a sport in which you try to get the other person down on the floor . 4. In the 1988 games Karl Lewis won four gold m______ .
5. An a________ is a person who is very good at sports and who competes. 6. One of the great c_______ is not to get a medal but to hold the Olympics. 7. The opposite of usual is u________ . 8. Once the Olympic Games stopped, for c______ there were no Olympic Games. 9. The word "s_______" has the same meaning as "quick" or "fast". 10. The e___________ news made everyone in our class excited. 11. A c___________ is a person who competes in a game. 12. The m__________ of newspaper is exact, fast and latest. 13. Now he need money as much as p___________ . 14. Do you still remember the year when the first Olympic Games h_________ . 15. You won't fail this time. S____________ goes with you. 16. The mews is b_______ at seven every evening. 17. Walking in the b_________ of the country is one of the best things in my life. 18. When I got to the cinema, I found all the t___________ had been sold out. 19. Today many famous singers from all over the world will a________ on television. 20. The e__________ of the chemistry lab is the latest. 21. We must get along well with our n______________ . 22. More and more people get to know the v__________ of stamp-collecting. 23. The working people lived a hard life in old s__________ . 24. During the 1990s American song writers are writing about c_________ things instead of money, expensive things and so on. 25. To learn English well, we need more p______________ . Unit (18-20) 26.I did not r_______ the programme, because there was no electricity last might. 27. It is not good manner to made f_______ of your classmates. 28. Let's ask for his a________ on how to learn English well. 29. It is the third time you've been late. I don't want to listen to your e________ . 30. Is there anything s_________ in yesterday's newspaper 31. I find it hardest to study English g________ . 32. One is never too old to s the people.___________ 33. Would you please give us an e______________ in Chinese 34. Are there any d________ between American English and British English 35. He had some d________ in working out the problem. 36. It is i_______ to pick up BBC English programmes in the small mountain village. 37. It is n________ for a college student to study a second foreign language. 38. Every four years, a________ from all over the world take part in the Olympic Games. 39. He is very s__________ , He's made lots of records. 40. You'd better hurry and buy a ticket then. It'll be very p____________ . 41. Is Russia a E___________ country or an Asian one? 42. John won the first p_____________ for his singing.
43. In Sydney, the Chinese team won 28 gold m___________ . 44.The first m____________ Olympic Games happened in 1896. 45. She said she p__________ swimming to skating when she was a child. 46. What play will be put in the t___________ 47. If you take 3 from 8, 5 r___________ . 48. I'm hungry. Let's go to the r___________ to have lunch. 49. In 1949, New China, like a sun rising in the east, a_________ in the world. 50. She wanted to find out which shop offered good s__________ . Unit (21-23) 1. Sometimes we go on working after dark by the lights of our t____________ . 2. My Dad e_____________ more men for the harvest. 3. We pump water from a well and then it runs along c__________ to different parts of the garden. 4. Don't touch anything u__________ your teacher tells you to do. 5. And his lessons were not easily f___________ . 6. He put a finger in his mouth, tasted it and smiled, looking rather p_________ . 7. There are some s_________ differences in written English in both Britain and America. 8. A great many words and e__________ have come into the language from American English. 9. We can't travel t_________ the forest by road, because there aren't any roads. 10. After s_________ the weekend in the capital, we took a taxi to the airport. 11. For miles and miles I could see nothing e_______ a great fire and lots of smoke . 12. As a result, they saved 90 p_________ of the trees in the forest. 13. Today there is a forest p________ in the 70 villages in the area. 14. Anybody who breaks the rules is p____________ . 15. As a result, there will be a great many new j____________ for workers. 16. Our city is at the c___________ of some important railways. 17. This will mean a great many jobs for s_________ in the province. 18. C___________ parts of the car will be made in the factory. 19. A wide and busy road which was built like a bridge over another road fell onto the one b_____________ . 20. The Pacific plate which is moving t__________ the northwest meets the North American plate. 21. Would you like another p__________ of beancurd 22. What a d__________ supper, next time you must come to us. 23. At that time the land along the Changjiang River was becoming very c________ . 24. Today, corn is f_________ all over the world. 25. It is a very useful plant that can be p______________ in many different ways. Unit (24-26)
26. In the b__________ , people who bought them often got angry. 27. Early European travelers to China t_________ back to their own countries the seeds. 28. I hope we can make a d_________ today. 29. This factory needs a computer as soon as p___________ . 30. At one time, there were long q_________ of people waiting outside the CAAC office. 31. T__________ and business people both at home and aboard have been greatly helped by this new computer. 32. You'd better save your s_________ money. 33. He not only studies all the subjects well but also is active in p___________ . 34. The policemen are trying to find the o__________ of the lost bikes. 35. Our school has found the Students' U__________ . 36. Let us be h__________ with each other. 37. You may have complete f_________ to express yourself. 38. It is the duty of everybody to obey the l___________ of the country. 39. In those countries s________ were bought and sold like horses. 40. It was w ________of Abraham Lincoln to break away with slavery. 41. We have made a d_________ to build a library. 42. Who d________ the plant "corn" in American in 1492. 43. He often o________ me a lot of help. 44. Please go to my office to f________ some pieces of chalk for me. 45. Very soon she will go a____________ to study. 46. Without trees the soil on the hills will be c________ away by the rain. 47. A great many new cars will be s__________ to people soon. 48. Mother is busy in the k____________ cooking something. 49. He worked hard and his English i_________ quickly. 50. There will be a football c____________ between Class 1 and Class 4.