淮安市清江中学 2015-2016 学年度第一学期期中考试
时间：120 分钟 满分：150 分 命题人：
第 I 卷（80 分）
I. 听力测试（共 20 小题，每小题 1 分；满分 20 分） 第一部分 听对话回答问题 本部分共有 10 道小题， 每小题你将听到一段对话，每段对话听两遍。在听每段对话
前，你 将有 5 秒钟的时间阅读题目；听完后，将有 5 秒钟的时间选择你认为最合适的备选答案。听 到“嘀”的信号时，进入下一小题。 1. Which season does the woman like best?
2. Which man is the woman’s uncle?
3. What animals are they going to see next?
4. What time may they finish the work?
A. B. 5. Where is the woman going? A. The Museum. B. The bank. 6. What is the weather like now? A. It is rainy. B. It is sunny. 7. How is Mrs. Smith going to Xi’an tomorrow? A. By plane. B. By train. 8. How will they make their school more beautiful? A. By planting some young trees inside their school. B. By planting some young trees around their school. C. By doing some cleaning.
C. C. The supermarket. C. It is cloudy. C. By ship.
9. How much should the woman pay for the tickets? A. 64 yuan. B. 72 yuan. 10. Where were the woman and her father four years ago? A. In China. B. In England. 第二部分 听对话和短文回答问题
C. 96 yuan. C. In America.
你将听到一段对话和两篇短文，各听两遍。每段对话或短文后各有几道小题。听每段对话或 短文前，你将有时间阅读相关小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，每小题你将有 5 秒钟的时间选 择你认为最合适的备选答案。 听一段对话，回答第 11-12 小题。答题完毕，请等待“嘀”的信号，进入下一篇短文。 11. What was Sophia like in the middle school? A. Tall and pretty. A. Swimming. B. Short and quiet. B. Travelling. C. Tall and quiet. C. French. 12. What is the man interested in now? 听第一篇短文，回答第 13-15 小题。请根据短文内容，选择正确答案，完成信息记录表。答 题完毕，请等待“嘀”的信号，进入下一篇短文。 Tony’s Information Who does he live with? What will he do first? Who will help him play basketball? 13. A. Mother. 14. A. Find a part-time job. 15. A. Yao Ming. B. Parents. B. Play basketball. B. Mr. White. 13 14 15 C. Grandfather. C. Join the club. C. Grandfather.
听第二篇短文，回答第 16-20 小题。 16. What sport is very popular in China? A. Tennis. 17. Who likes baseball best? A. Li Bo. A. On streets. A. Nine. B. The speaker. B. At school. B. Two. C. We don’t know. C. In fields or parks. C. Eleven. 18. Where do the American children often play baseball? 19. How many players are there in each baseball team? 20. What does the speaker think of doing sports? A. It can give us strength (力量). B. It can make us healthy. C. It can make us popular. II. 单项选择（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的正确答案。 21. What _______ honest boy! And he is ________ best student of all. A. a; the B. an; a C. an; the D. the; the 22. —How _______can the big bridge be? —Over 200 tons, I think. A. long B. wide C. heavy D. far 23. Mike fell down from his bike yesterday. ______, someone helped him at once. A. Finally B. Exactly C. Politely D. Luckily 24. __________ is in Australia. It’s famous all over the world. A. The Opera House B. The White House C. The Eiffel Tower D. The Great Wall
25. As parents, we must tell our children how to look after and keep safe when they are alone at home. A. ourselves B. yourselves C. himself D. themselves 26.—How about a football for Tom’s birthday? —He never plays football. We may give him a music CD ________. A. as well B. instead C. too D. also 27. My sister is very careful. She made_________ mistakes in this test. A. little B. a little C. few D. a few 28. After a long walk in the sun, they wanted to drink . A. cold something B. something cold C. nothing cold D. cold anything 29. Daniel had one month last summer and he took a course DIY. A. off; in B. for; about C. away; on D. off; for 30. Not only my friends but also I ________interested in the film—Breakup Buddies(心花怒放). A. be B. are C. am D. is 31. We had a good time _________ TV yesterday, but Linda had no time _________ TV. A. watching; watching B. to watch; to watch C. watching; to watch D. to watch; watching 32. Hiking is__________ camping. I like both of them. A. not as interesting as B. more dangerous than C. as interesting as D. as dangerous as 33. Kitty is _________ of the twin sisters. She is weaker in her subjects than her sister. A. lazy B. lazier C. the lazier D. the laziest 34. I’m much ________ than my two friends, but I jump _____________ of us three. A. taller; higher B. shorter; higher C. shorter; highest D. taller; highest 35. The orange juice . Please help yourselves. A. tastes good B. tastes well C. taste terrible D. tastes terrible 36. —Where will the 2022 Winter Olympic Games ? —In Beijing. A. take care B. look through C. take place D. stand for 37. —Look at the sign. It says “No Smoking”. —Sorry, I will ______ the cigarette(香烟) soon. A. put into B. put in C. put out D. put up 38. —Our team won the basketball final today! — A. I hope not. B. I'm not sure. C. I know. D. That's great! 39. —Shall we talk about it in English? —_______? Let’s do it right away. A. Why not A. No way B. Will we B. No problem C. Are we C. Forget it D. Do we . Let me have a look. D. Sorry 40. —Could you tell me how to use the digital camera? — III. 完形填空（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分；满分 15 分） 阅读短文，掌握其大意，然后从各小题所给的四个选项中，选出一个最佳答案。 Students’ life in America Students in America always have a busy but wonderful school day. They have classes for five days each week. From 41 to Friday students usually get up at seven. Then they wash their faces and have 42 . They usually have eggs, bacon (熏猪肉), bread, fruit and a glass of milk. After that they go to school on foot or by yellow school 43 .
Some students ride bikes. They get to school at about half past eight. Then they put their 44 in their lockers and 45 only one book, a notebook and a pencil to each class. In a middle school, students have 46 for six hours. Their classes are English, Writing, Math, Music, 47 and so on (等等). At noon students don’t go home for lunch. They 48 have lunch at school. They often have meat, fruit, 49 , bread and a drink. 50 most students like pizza, hot dogs and hamburgers better. Students don’t have a short 51 . They go back to have classes 52 lunch until three o’clock. Then they go home. Students don’t do their homework after they get home. They usually play or watch TV before 53 . They have supper at six in the evening. The supper usually has soup, meat, vegetables, rice or pasta (面食). After supper they do their 54 . Sometimes they play or talk with their 55 at home. 41. A. Monday B. Tuesday C. Wednesday D. Thursday 42. A. dinner B. breakfast C. lunch D. supper 43. A. car B. bike C. bus D. plan 44. A. school bags B. clothes C. pencil boxes D. money 45.A. get B. carry C. bring D. take 46. A. meals B. a rest C. a talk D. classes 47. A. Chatting B. Sleeping C. Drawing D. Eating 48. A. really B. seldom C. usually D. never 49. A. vegetables B. games C. books D. competitions 50. A. So B. And C. Because D. But 51. A. sleep B. talk C. drink D. holiday 52. A. at B. before C. after D. in 53. A. midnight B. supper C. rest D. work 54. A. homework B. housework C. cleaning D. washing 55. A. parents B. friends C. teachers D. classmates IV. 阅读理解（共 15 小题, A、B 两篇每小题 2 分， C 篇每小题 1 分，满分 25 分） 阅读下文，从所给的四个选项中选出一个最佳答案。 (A) All schools have their own rules (规则). The rules change from one school to another. Some schools are much stricter (严格) than others. There are also some rules that are strange or funny to us. Here are some funny school rules: Strict Japanese rules Most schools ask students to wear uniforms, such as sports suits or skirts. But Japanese schools even have rules about the color of underwear! They also need that girls' socks should be folded(折叠) in a certain way and boys' heads should be shaved (剃). Other Japanese schools tell students that they can't go to the movies after sunset. Different shoes in the USA At some American schools, students have to change their shoes when they go into the schools every day. This makes sure students won't fall over on the floors and keeps the schools clean. No strange hair in the UK Students can’t have strange hairstyles (发型) in some British schools. But they can wear certain hairstyles during the World Cup years. There were two students who had special hairstyles
during the 2012 World Cup. After the World Cup, their teachers asked them to go to the barber's at once. 56. How many countries are mentioned (被提到) about their strange or funny school rules in this passage? A. Three. B. Four. C. Five. D. Six. 57. Students in Japanese schools should wear_______. A. uniforms B. indoor shoes C. shirts D. strange hairstyles 58. Why do students in the USA have to wear indoor shoes? A. Because in that way they won't hurt if they fight. B. Because in that way they will feel comfortable. C. Because in that way they won't fall and can keep the schools clean. D. Because in that way they won't make any noise when walking. 59. Which country's schools have rules about students' hair? A. Schools in Japan only. B. Schools in the USA and the UK. C. Schools in Japan and the UK. D. Schools in the UK only. 60. What's the best title of the passage? A. Different school uniforms B. Different hairstyles C. Different shoes D. Different school rules (B)
T h e A n t B e lly Ac to rs : J u lia R o b e rts (vo ic e ) Nic o la s c a g e (vo ic e ) La n g u a g e : En g lis h R u n n in g tim e : 1 h o u r 2 5 m in u te s P ric e : W e e kd a y s - $ 3 0 $ 1 5 (C h ild re n u n d e r 7 ) W e e ke n d s - $ 4 0 $ 2 0 (Children under 7)
I really enjoyed this movie. It's a fun movie for the whole family. I had really good laughs and enjoyed being there. —James I would recommend this movie to everyone. Whether you go with family or friends, I honestly think this movie has something you will really enjoy! —Sam I've seen several movies of this kind, but this one is the best. It is so well made—some of the scenes (风景) are so beautiful. —John I went to see this movie with my 9-year-old daughter this Tuesday, really without knowing too much about it. My daughter and I were pleasantly surprised at how funny it was. We just couldn't help laughing. I would recommend this movie to the whole family. —Mary 61. From the poster, we can tell that is spoken in the movie. A. Chinese B. English C. Japanese D. French
62. The poster shows that the movie lasts _______. A. 25 minutes B. 60 minutes C. 85 minutes D. 125 minutes 63. John likes the movie because of _______. A. the funny actors B. the wonderful music C. the sweet voices D. the beautiful scenes 64. Mary and her daughter spent watching the movie. A. $30 B. $40 C. $45 D. $60 65. According to the passage, the movie most probably (最可能) tells a story. A. funny B. sad C. terrible D. tree (C) Reading newspapers has become an important part of everyday life. Some people read newspapers as the first thing to do in the morning; others read newspapers when they have free time during the day, because they can learn what is happening in the world. Sometimes, we do not have enough time to read all the news carefully, so we just take a quick look at the front page. At other times, we may be in such a hurry that we only have a few minutes to look at the headlines(标题) of the passages. We can find newspapers in the world. We can get many different kinds of newspapers in big cities, but in some mountain villages we can see few newspapers. Some newspapers come out once a week, but most of the papers come out once a day with many pages, some even twice a day. You know different people enjoy reading different newspapers. Some like world news and others like short stories better. They just choose what they are interested in. Today newspapers in English have the largest numbers of readers in the world. The English language is so popular that many Chinese students are reading English newspapers such as China Daily or 21st Century. Also they bring us more and more information with Internet. 66. People read newspapers in order to _____________. A. only learn the latest news C. read the short stories A. they read them very carefully C. not everyone reads all the pages A. more and more people like to read them C. newspapers become cheaper A. in English C. in other language A. magazines C. e-mails B. meet their own different needs D. find the morning news B. they just read the headlines D. they have no time to read them B. people enjoy reading something different D. more pages mean more money B. in Chinese D. with many pages B. advertisements D. Internet
67. From the passage we can see that __________ when people get newspapers.
68. Newspapers have so many pages because _______________.
69. The most popular in the world are newspapers ____________.
70. From the passage, we know people can also get more information from _______.
第 II 卷（70 分）
V. 词汇运用（共 16 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 16 分） A）根据句子意思，从方框中选用恰当的短语填空。 attends an important meeting, stuck many stickers, his worst day, bright and smiling eyes,
lose weight, offering me so much help, read these instructions, take part in 1. If you want to __________, you’d better do more exercise and eat less meat. 2. Before you take the medicine, please __________ first. 3. She is going to __________ one of the most important drawing competitions. 4. My sister often __________ on the covers of her notebooks when she was young. 5. Lucy with her parents _________ every weekend. 6. Today is ___________ because he fell off the tree and hurt his leg. 7. Thank you very much for ______________. 8. Lucy’s ________________ make her look very pretty. B）根据句意，用括号中所给单词的正确形式填空。 9. I think swimming can make us (happy) than skiing. 10. If you listen (careful), you will be able to answer the question. 11. (take) exercise, and you will become stronger and healthier. 12. All of us can’t wait (decorate) the room with beautiful flowers. 13. He spends the (little) time on his hobbies because he is too busy. 14. My teacher often advises us (read) English aloud every morning. 15. You’d better (not fill) the bottle with hot water. 16. Do you think the bag is one of those (climb)? VI. 完成句子（共 7 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 14 分） 根据中文意思，在下列各小题的空白处填入适当的单词或短语。 17. 举个例子，你可以在你的空闲时间整理好你的房间。 , you can Mike The machines always your room in your free time. in English every day. . . 18. 麦克学习英语很着迷，他每天坚持用英语写日记。 learning English. He 19. 那些机器总是出错，它们一天最多工作两个小时。 and they work for two hours a day , the students are talking about famous 21. 她总是乐意关心身边的人，长大想要成为一名社会工作者。 She is always willing to be when she grows up. and never the bus before you the last stop. . people around her. She wants to 20. 课堂上，学生们正在谈论著名的景点。
22. 我信任我的好朋友，因为他们都能保守秘密，绝不说谎。 I trust my good friends because they can 23. 记住在你没有到达最后一站之前不要下车。 Remember not to VII. 任务型阅读（共 10 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，根据要求完成下列各题。 （A） Three months ago, I worked at a Chinese traditional medicine store (药店). Business was not bad. Every day we mixed medicinal herbs (中药) for patients, so the store was always full of a strong herbal smell (中药味). After I had worked there for some time, a boy of 13 or 14 started coming and sitting on the stairs outside the store for a while every day. It seemed strange to me.
“Do you like the herbal smell?” I asked him one day. “I grew up with this kind of smell,” he said. He told me that his mother took herbal medicine for years, so he could mix herbs for his mother when he was very young. He mixed the herbs with deep love, hoping his mother would get better as soon as possible. “Is your mother well now?” I asked. He shook his head. “My mother passed away (去世) three years ago.” Looking up into the sky, he went on: “When I first passed by here and smelled the herbs, I thought of my mother. It is comforting to remember those days when she was alive (活着). So I come here every day to sit for a moment. When I sit around this smell, I feel as if my mother is still alive and is waiting for her medicine in her room.” 24. Why was the store always full of a strong herbal smell? 25. How old was the boy? 26. When did his mother die? 27. Did the boy love his mother? 28. Every day what can we do for our mother? （B） Edward Sims was born in 1892. He was the fifth child and only son of Herbert and Dora Sims. Herbert was a carpenter (木匠) , and did a successful business making furniture. He decided that his first-born son would be a carpenter just like him. For this reason, Edward was kept away from school and worked with his father. However, Edward was not born to be a carpenter. Although he had a fit body, he didn't have strong arms like his father. When he tried to find another job, he found it difficult because he had never learnt to read or write. One day, he went for an interview (面试) at a law office. The job was a runner, taking papers from the office to other offices in the city. The lawyer (律师) was pleased to see that Edward was physically fit, but when he discovered (发现) that the young man couldn't read or write, he decided not to employ (雇用) him. "How can you deliver documents to other offices," he asked, "if you can't read the addresses on them?" Greatly disappointed(失望), Edward left the building and went to wait for a bus to take him back home. Next to the bus stop, a man was selling newspapers from a stand (摊位) . "Excuse me, young man?" he said. "Would you look after my stand for a moment?" For the next 20 minutes, Edward sold newspapers, lots of them. When the man came back, he was so happy to see his new assistant's honesty (忠诚) that he offered him a job. Edward took it immediately (立刻). In the next few months, the two men progressed from working on newspaper stands to selling newspapers, cigarettes, candy and other goods in a shop. Then they opened a second shop, and a third. Finally, they had a chain of 25 shops in three cities. Edward became very rich, so he employed a private teacher to teach him read and write. The teacher was amazed at what Edward had achieved. "Imagine what you could do if you were able
to read and write when you were young!" he said. 29. Edward was son of Herbert who did a successful business . 30. Edward was from school when he was young because his father wanted him to be just like him. 31. It was for Edward to find another job because he . 32. Edward felt when he was refused (拒绝) by the lawyer and then he was going to go back home . 33. The man selling newspapers asked Edward to help him and from then on, Edward caught the chance to become a . VIII. 书面表达 （满分 20 分） 假如你叫 Simon, 你们学校的 Buddy Club 在招募新成员，你想加入该俱乐部。根据下 面的信息，用英文写一封自荐信，单词数在 80-100 之间。 1. 介绍个人基本情况（包括年龄，外貌等） ； 2. 描述自己的性格特征，并举例说明 （如：乐于助人，经常倾听同学们的问题，并 提供帮助或自拟 1-2 点） ； 3. 描写自己的特别之处 (如：喜欢旅游因为可以了解不同的文化；对 DIY 很着迷，喜 欢自己动手制作或自拟 1-2 点)。 4. 表达要加入俱乐部的美好愿望。 Dear Sir or Madam, My name is Simon.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon. Yours faithfully, Simon
淮安市启明外国语学校 2015-2016 学年度第一学期期中考试
第 II 卷（70 分）
V. 词汇运用（16 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 16 分） A）根据句子意思，从方框中选用恰当的单词或短语填空。 1. 5. 2. 6. 3. 7. 4. 8.
B）根据句意，用括号中所给单词的正确形式填空。 9. 13. 10. 14. 11. 15. 12. 16.
VI. 完成句子（共 7 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 14 分） 根据中文意思，在下列各小题的空白处填入适当的单词或短语。 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. VII. 任务型阅读（共 10 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，根据要求完成下列各题。 (A) 24. 25. 26. 27. 28.
(B) 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. VIII. 书面表达 （满分 20 分） Dear Sir or Madam, My name is Simon.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon. Yours faithfully, Simon
第 I 卷（80 分） I. 听力测试（共 20 小题，每小题 1 分；满分 20 分） 1~5 BABBB 6~10 CABCC 11~15 BCCAB 16~20 CBCAB Ⅱ. 单项选择（共 20 小题, 每小题 1 分；满分 20 分） 21~25 CCDAD 26~30 BCBAC 31~35 CCCCA 36~40 CCDAB Ⅲ. 完型填空（共 15 小题, 每小题 1 分；满分 15 分） 41~45 ABCAD 46~50 DCCAD 51~55 ACBAA Ⅳ. 阅读理解（共 15 小题, A、B 两篇每小题 2 分， C 篇每小题 1 分，满分 25 分） 56~60 AACCD 61~65 BCDDA 66~70 BCBAD 第 II 卷（70 分） V. 词汇运用（16 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 16 分） A）根据句子意思，从方框中选用恰当的单词或短语填空。 1. lose weight 2. read these instructions 3. take part in 4. stuck many stickers 5. attends an important meeting 6. his worst day 7. offering me so much help 8. bright and smiling eyes B）根据句意，用括号中所给单词的正确形式填空。 9. happier 10. carefully 11. Take 12. to decorate 13. least 14. to read 15. not fill 16. climbers’ Ⅵ.完成句子（共 7 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 14 分） 17. For example; tidy up 18. is crazy about; keeps writing diaries 19. go wrong; at most 20. In class, places of interest 21. care about; a social worker 22. keep secrets/keep a secret; tell lies 23. get off; arrive at VII. 任务型阅读（共 10 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 20 分） (A) 24. Because it was a Chinese traditional medicine store (and medicinal herbs were mixed for the patients every day). 25. He was 13 or 14. 26. Three years ago. 27. Yes, he did. 28. Any reasonable answer is acceptable. (B) 29. the (fifth child and ) only; making furniture 30. kept away; a carpenter 31. difficult/hard; couldn’t read or write/ had never learnt to read or write 32. disappointed/sad; by bus 33. look after his stand; rich man VIII. 书面表达 （满分 20 分） Dear Sir or Madam, My name is Simon. I am 13 years old. I have a round face and big eyes. I have short black hair. And I’m the tallest boy in my class. I’m friendly and helpful. I’m willing to help people in need any time. I often listen to my classmates’ problems and offer them help. I enjoy traveling very much because I can learn a lot about different cultures. I’m crazy about DIY. I take a course in DIY at weekends. Now, I know much more about DIY. I hope to be a member of the Buddy Club. I want to make more friends there. I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon. Yours faithfully, Simon
第一部分 听对话回答问题 （计 10 分，每小题 1 分） 本部分共有 10 道小题， 每小题你将听到一段对话， 每段对话听两遍。 在听每段对话前， 你将有 5 秒钟的时间阅读题目；听完后，将有 5 秒钟的时间选择你认为最合适的备选答 案。听到“嘀”的信号时，进入下一小题。 1. M: Which season do you like best? W: I like winter best. I enjoy making a snowman. 2. M: Where does your uncle work? W: He works in a big restaurant. He is a famous cook. 3. W: How big the animal is! M: Yes. It’s the biggest animal on land. W: What animals are we going to see next? M: What about the animals with long necks? 4. W: What’s the time? M: It’s seven a.m. Do you think we can finish planting the trees? W: I don’t think so. I’m afraid we need one more hour. 5. W: Excuse me, but which is the way to the bank? Is it at the corner of the street? M: No, it’s between the museum and the supermarket. 6. W: Look! There are so many dark clouds in the sky. M: Yes. I think it’s going to rain soon. 7. M: How are you going to Xi’an tomorrow, Mrs. Smith? W: I plan to go there by train but the ticket has been sold out. So I have to fly there. 8. M: Spring again. What can we do to make our school more beautiful? W: We can plant some young trees around our school. 9. W: How much will it cost for my son and me to go to Shanghai? M: 64 yuan for you and half of the ticket price for your son as he is under 1.2 metres. 10. M: I know you’re from England. But did you live in America for some time? W: Yes, we did. We lived there for five years, and then we came to Beijing because my father found work here last year. 第二部分 听对话和短文回答问题 （计 10 分，每小题 1 分） 你将听到一段对话和两篇短文，各听两遍。每段对话或短文后各有几道小题。听每段对话 或短文前，你将有时间阅读相关小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，每小题你将有 5 秒钟的时间 选择你认为最合适的备选答案。 听第一段对话，回答第 11-12 小题。答题完毕，请等待“嘀”的信号，进入下一篇短文。 W: Hi, Paul. Don’t you remember me? M: Wow! You’re Sophia. W: That’s right. M: But you were short and quiet when we were in middle school.
W: Yes. When I was in middle school, I was a little shy when I talked to others. M: But now you are different. W: Yes. I like talking with people and making new friends. I remember you were interested in swimming before. M: But now I don’t often swim. I’m busy learning French. 听第一篇短文，回答第 13-15 小题。请根据短文内容，选择正确答案，完成信息记录表。答 题完毕，请等待“嘀”的信号，进入下一篇短文。 My cousin is Tony. He is in Beijing with his grandfather. He likes playing basketball. Last Monday I got a letter from him. He told me about his New Year ’s plan. First he is going to find a part-time job and save some money. Then he is going to join the basketball club, and he is going to practice basketball with the help of Mr. White. He wants to be a basketball player like Yao Ming and play basketball for our national team. 听第二篇短文，回答第 16-20 小题。 Ping-pong is a very popular sport in China. People of different ages like playing it. Li Bo is my best friend. His favorite sport is ping-pong, but I like baseball best. He knows a lot about many famous ping-pong players, but he doesn’t know any baseball stars. Baseball is one of the most popular sports in America. Children like playing it. They often play baseball in fields or parks. Each team has nine players. The baseball season goes from April to September. During that time, many baseball matches are on TV. People will watch them. Many people love sports in different ways. They play sports themselves. They watch the games on TV. Doing sports is good for our health, and it can also make us feel happy.