? Beg you pardon. ? Sounds like a good idea. ? （ I ）Beg you pardon.
? ( It ) Sounds like a good idea..
? Doesn’t matter. ? ( It ) doesn’t matter.
? What/How (____________) do you think about a cup of tea ? ? Why (______) do you not say hello to him ?
? –Are you thirsty? – Yes, I am__________ (thirsty). ? His brother isn’t lazy, nor is his sister______ (lazy).
? Let’s meet at the same place as __________ (we met) yesterday. ? –Have you finished your work ? –Not yet. I have not finished my homework yet.
? My brother is a doctor and my sister-in-law (___) is a lawyer. ? When summer comes, the day is getting longer and longer, and the night (________) is getting shorter and shorter. 省略相同的谓语动词
1、主句中有一些成分被省略，如： ? ( I’m ) Sorry to hear you are ill. ? ( It’s a ) Pity that he missed such a good chance.
? －Are you leaving for Beijing this Sunday? so － I think so.for Beijing this I ’m leaving Sunday. ? －Tom must be free today. －If so, so he can help us. he is free.
? －It is going to rain, isn’t it? －I hope not. not it is not going to rain.
这种用法常见的有：How so? Why so? Is that so? I hope so. He said so. 及I suppose /believe /hope not. Why not?等等。
? We all know (that) that the earth runs around the sun.
? Mary said(that) that she is from American and that she is 16 years old.
3.定语从句中的省略 在定语从句中，that, which, who在从句中 作宾语时可省略。
? I haven’t read the book (___________) that/ which you’re reading. ? The man (________) that/ who your father just talked to is our English teacher, Mr. Smith.
4.状语从句中的省略 when, while, once 引导的时间状语 在以__________________ if, unless引导的条件状语从句 从句及以__________ though, although 引导的让步状语 中和__________________ 从句中，如果从句中的主语与主句中的主 语指同一对象，且从句中含有be动词时， 从句中可省去“主语+be”部分。
? When he was asked what he had done, John just kept silent. ? When __________ asked what he had done, John just kept silent. ? If he is free, Jack will go with us. ?_______, If free Jack will go with us.
? Unless he is invited, he won’t come.
?_____________, Unless invited he won’t come. ? While he he is doing house work, my father often listens to music. ?_____________________, While doing house work my father often listens to music.
动词不定式中为了避免重复，省去与前面出现的相同 部分，只保留to，但如果在省略的不定式结构中含有 be，have, have been时，要保留这些词。 ? –Are you going there? (go there). – Yes, I’d like to _________ ? He didn’t give me the chance, though he had me the chance). promised to (give __________________ ? –Are you an engineer? – No, but I want to ___. be ? –He hasn’t finished the task yet. –Well, he ought to ______. have
? I noticed a man to X enter the classroom when I passed by. to enter the classroom. ? A man was noticed ________ feel 一 这类使役动词 “感” hear listen to 二 及感官动词主 : “听” have make let 三 要有: : “让” : watch notice observe see 四 “看”:
在含有表示“命令、要求、建议、许可”或“禁止” 等意义的名词性从句中使用“should + 动词原形” 表示虚拟语气的，should常可以省略。如： we (should) set out right away ? He suggest that ____________________________. 他建议我们应该马上出发。 we (should) stay where we are ? The order that____________________________ （我们应该呆在原地） is very serious and severe. ? It’s very important thatstudents (should) study _____________________ hard at school ______________. 学生在学校应该努力学习是很重要的。
一.划掉句中可省略的部分 1. The burn that she got from the iron was red and (_____) it was very painful. 2. A boy was on the left side of the sick woman, and a girl was on the right (___________________) side of the sick woman. 3. She has a daughter(_____) who is in hospital. 4. He went to the doctor because he had to go to the doctor . (_____________)
5. Someone has used my mobile phone, but I
don’t know who has used it.
6. John worked hard but his brother did not
7. I have lazy students and hardworking
students in my class.
8. --- Has he ever been abroad?
--- No, he has never been abroad.
9. If it is necessary, we will finish it ahead of time.
10. You must not be late and you must not be absent. 11. Give me your name and address, please. 12. It is well done.
13. Mother can take a rest, Mother should take a rest but Mother won’t take a rest after long hours of work.
14. He could answer the questions very well if he would answer the questions but he didn’t answer the questions. 15. He wanted to help the accident victim but his friend didn’t want to help the accident victim.
1.----Tomorrow is a holiday. Why are you doing your homework? -----I am doing these exercises now so that I won’t have _____ on Sunday. A. it B. them C. for D. to
2.----Shall I invite Ann to my birthday party tomorrow evening? ----Yes. It’ll be fine if you______. A. are B. can C. invite D. do 3.---- Aren’t you the manager? ---- No, and I______ A. don’t want to B. don’t want to be C. don’t want be D. don’t want
4.---I’ll be away on a business trip. Would you mind looking after my cat? ---Not at all______. A. I’ve no time B. I’d rather not C. I’d like it D. I’d be glad to 5.---- Won’t you have another try? ---- ________. A. Yes, I will have B. Yes, I won’t have C. Yes, I won’t D. Yes, I will
6. ----Do you think it will snow tomorrow? ----______? A.I don’t think B. No, I don’t think C. I don’t think so D. No, I don’t so 7. ----Have you fed the cat? ----No, but______. A. I’m B. I am C. I’m just going D. I’m just going to
8. ---I won’t do it any more. ----_______? A. Why don’t B. Why don’t do it any more C. Why not D. Why not to
9. Although ____ to stop, he kept on working. A. tell B. telling C. having told D. told
10. ---Will you waste time and money on that? -Certainly_______. A. I not B. don’t C. not D. no
11. ----Mary didn’t attend the lecture, did she? ----Yes, she_______. A. attended B. didn’t attend C. didn’t D. did
12. ---What’s John doing? newspapers in the room. A. She reading B. She reads C. To read D. Reading
13. ---Can you climb that tree, my boy? ---_______? A. I B. Myself C. Mine D. Me 14. Some people are against the plan but _______ support it. A. any more B. many more C. much more D. no more 15. ---I’ll be away for a business trip. Would you mind looking after my cat? ---Not at all. ________. A. I’ve no time B. I’d rather not C. I’d like to D. I’d be happy to
16. ---Why not go and have a dinner in a restaurant? ---________. It’s too expensive. A. Why not B. I agree C. I’m afraid not D. I’m sure
17. ---What do you think made Mary so upset? --- _____ her bicycle. A. As she lost B. Lost C. Because of losing D. Losing
18．“I slipped on the stairs. I think my arm is broken.‖ ―Oh! I _______.‖ A. do not hope to B. do not hope C. hope not so D. hope not 19.―Is Professor Tate very sick?‖ ―I’m afraid _______.‖ A. so B. this C. to D. that 20.I hope there are enough glasses for each guest to have _______. A. it B. those C. them D. one 21.The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his mother told him _______. A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not do
22.―Do you think it’s going to rain over the weekend?‖ ―_______.‖ A. I don’t believe B. I don’t believe it C. I believe not so D. I believe not 23.―Don’t forget to come to my birthday party tomorrow.‖ ―_______.‖ A. I don’t B. I won’t C. I can’t D. I haven’t 24.―I’ll be away on business trip. Would you mind looking after my cat?‖ ―Not at all. _______.‖ A. I’ve no time B. I’d rather not C. I’d like it D. I’d be happy to
25.―Why don’t we take a little break?‖ ―Didn’t we just have _______?‖ A. it B. that C. one D. that
26.―There will be a new film on show.‖ ―I’m afraid _______.‖ A. so B. maybe C. not D. that 27.―We all hate pollution.‖― _______.‖ A. Yes, everyone hates B. Yes, everyone does C. No, I like not D. No, I don’t
28. — How about putting some pictures into the report? — _____ A picture is worth a thousand words. A. No way. B. Why not? C. All right? D. No matter. 29. When ____ help, one often says ―Thank you.‖ or ―It’s kind of you.‖ A. offering B. to offer C. to be offered D. offered 30.Tara: This is Tara Patel from cotton House in Kidderminster. Could I speak to Mr. Smith, please? Smith: ______ A. Hello! B. I’m Mr. Smith. C. Who are you? D. Speaking
1. — Would you like some more tea? — _______, please.（NMET2005，全国卷II，12） A. No more B. Just a little C. I’ve had enough D. Yes, I would 2. — It’ll take at least 2 hours to do this! —Oh, _______! I could do it in 30 minutes. (NMET2005，上海 39) A. come on B. pardon me C. your are right D. don’t mention it
3. — How about putting some pictures into the report? — _______ A picture is worth a thousand words. （NMET2005，江苏，24） A. No way. B. Why not? C. All right? D. No matter. 4. When ____ help, one often says ―Thank you.‖ or ―It’s kind of you.‖ (NMET2005，福建， 33) A. offering B. to offer C. to be offered D. offered
5. — Why didn’t you buy the camera you had longed for? — I planed to, but I was ￡ 50 ____. （NMET2005，福建，34） A. fewer B. less C. cheap D. short
6. — Would you mind my coming over and having a look at your new garden? My little son’s curious about those roses you grow.‖ — ______. You’re welcome. (NMET2005，湖北，25) A. Yes, I do B. Never mind C. Yes, please D. Not at all
7. Tom: Mike, our team will play against the Rockets this weekend. I’m sure we will win. Mike: _____! （NMET2005，广东，21） A. Congratulations B. Cheers C. Best wishes D. Good luck 8. Tara: This is Tara Patel from cotton House in Kidderminster. Could I speak to Mr. Smith, please? Smith: ______ (NMET2005，广东，22） A. Hello! B. I’m Mr. Smith. C. Who are you? D. Speaking
9. — My family usually goes skating for vacation. I like skating, but I want to try something different this year. — _______ （NMET2005，重庆，22） A.Let’s go. B. Cheer up. C. Like what? D. Take care.
10. — Have you been to New Zealand? — No, I’d like to, _____. (NMET2005，山东，21） A. too B. though C. yet D. either
11. — Could you do me a favor and take these books to my office? — Yes, _______ （NMET2005，山东，22） A. for pleasure B. I could C. my pleasure D. with pleasure
12 . — Let’s go to a movie after work, OK? —_____ (NMET2005，山东，33） A. Not at all. B. Why not? C. Never mind. D. What of it?
3. —I feel tired, Dad. — Tired? _____? A. For what C. From which
B. For which D. Of what
4. — Why not join us in the game? — _________. A.No, you do the same B. Oh, that’s all right C. Ok, coming D. Sure, please do
5. The boy wanted him to ride his bicycle in the street but his mother told him ______. A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to 6. — Would you like some wine? — Yes, _________. A. little B. very little C. a little D. little bit
7. —How long has this book shop been in business? — ____ 1982. A. After B. In C. From D. Since 8. You are standing too near the camera. Can you move ______. A. a bit far B. a little farther C. a bit of farther D. a little far