第一卷（选择题，共 115 分） 第一部分 听力 (共两节，满分 30 分)
第一节（共 5 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话，每段对话后有一个小题从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项 中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的 时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What
does the woman think makes people happy ? A. Money B. Success C. Love
2. What do we know about the woman? A. Her mother is tall. C .Her father has blond hair. 3. What are the speakers mainly discussing? A. A car advertisement. B. A car crash. C A funny guy. B. Her brother is younger than her .
4. When is Tyrone’s birthday party? A On the 13th B .On the 16th. C. On the 19th.
5. What will the speakers do after watching a movie? A. Have dinner. B. Type the reports.
C. Help Tony with his work. 第二段（共 15 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白，每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、 B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前， 你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒种的作答 时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. Which city do the speakers stay in now? A. Vancouver. 7. What does Mike do? A. A student. B. A travel agent. C. A teacher. B. Seattle. C San Francisco.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 9 题。 8. Where does the woman want to spend the vacation? A. At home. B. On the beach. C. On an island.
9. What is the relationship between the speakers? A. Classmates. B. Boss and clerk. C. Husband and wife.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. How did the woman feel at first when making cakes? A. Worried. B. Glad. C. Tired.
11. What happened to the cakes? A. They were burnt. C. They were dropped on the ground. 12. How did the woman solve the problem? A. She made cakes again. C. She bought some cakes in a store. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. Where will the woman go next week? A. To Australia. B. To the United States. C. To the Great Britain. B. She asked her sister for help. B. They were eaten by someone.
14. What does the woman like most about her job? A. Experiencing the big news event. B. Meeting different people. C. Travelling around the world. 15. How did the woman get to know her boyfriend? A. She ran into him in Hong Kong. B. Her sister introduced him to her. C. They met when studying in the same university. 16. What will the woman do when she wants to relax? A. Cook for herself. B. Go fishing. C. Go for a sail.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. How did Katrina have an accident? A. Her car was hit by a drunk driver.
B. She sped through a light. C. She drank a lot and hit a car. 18. Why does Katrina have to stay in the hospital for a few days? A. She was seriously hurt. C. She needs an operation. 19. What will Katrina receive in the hospital? A. A cake. B.A card. C. Flowers. B. She was asked to do so.
20. What is the probable relationship between the speaker and Katrina? A. Doctor and patient. 第二部分 英语知识运用 B. Policeman and driver. (共两节。满分 45 分) C. Workmates.
第一节 单项填空 (共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 21. —May I go now？ —_______ you've finished your work，you may go. A . After B. Although C. As soon as D. Now that
22. With the rising price，I have to _______ quite a lot of things ---clothes，records and so on. A. cut in B. cut down C .cut off D. cut up
23. His tired face suggested that he _________ really tired after the long walk, and I suggested that he ______ a good rest. A. be ; had C should be; should have B was ; have D was ; had
24.The printer is of good quality. If it ______ break down within the first year, we would repair it at our expense. A. should B would C could D might
25. The chair is _________ .Please take it away. A. in some ways 26. B. in this way C. in the way D. on the way
_ __ __, I have to put it away and focus my attention on study this week. B. No matter amusing the story is D. No matter how the story is amusing
A. However the story is amusing C. However amusing the story is
27. If John Lennon and Paul McCartney _______ , the pop music of today ________ very different. A didn’t meet ; would be C didn’t meet ; would have been B hadn’t met; would be D hadn’t met ; would have been
28. The woman talking on TV show now is known ___ a famous singer___ the public. A. for; as B to ; for C for ; to D as ;to
29. The factory used 65 percent of the raw materials, the rest of which _______ saved for other purpose. A. are B. is C were D was
30. — Sorry, I have to _____ now. It’s time for class. — I’ll call back later A hang up B give up C hold up D take up
31. ____________, the new machine is now in large production. A With the solved problem C With the problem solving B With the problem solved D With the problem to solve
32. I’m not feeling well in the stomach, I _____ so much fried chicken just now. A. shouldn’t eat C. shouldn’t have eaten 33. —If he ______, he _____ that food. — Luckily, he was sent to the hospital immediately. A was warned; would not take C would be warned; had not taken 34. —Ann is in hospital. — Really? I _____ know. I ______ go and visit her. A. didn’t ; am going to B don’t ; would C. don’t ; will D didn’t; will B had been warned; would not have taken D would have been warned; had not taken B mustn’t eat D mustn’t have eaten
35. —What do you want to do next？We have half an hour until the basketball game。 — __________.Whatever you want to do is fine with me. A. All right. 第二节 完形填空 B It just depends. C It ’s up to you D Glad to hear that
(共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分)
阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填 入空白处的最佳选项。 A lesson in caring It was a cold evening. My daughter and I were walking up Broadway. I didn’t notice a guy sitting inside a cardboard box. But Nora four, but she him home?” I don’t remember my 38 . But I do remember a sudden 39 feeling 37 36 . She wasn’t even
at my coat and said, “That man’s cold. Daddy, can we take
inside me. I had always been delighted at how much my daughter noticed in her 40 noticing , whether it was 42 41 flying or children playing. But now she was
A few days later, I saw an article in the newspaper about volunteers who picked up a food package from a nearby school on a Sunday morning and elderly person. It was quick and easy. I signed us up. Nora was 44 43 it to an about it. 45
She could understand the importance of food, so she could easily see how our job was. When Sunday came, she was ready, but I had to 46
leave the house to fetch the food package. On my way to the school, I fought an urge (强烈愿望) to turn home. Why do this? She 49 47 48 . The Sunday paper and coffee were waiting for me at , we phoned the elderly person we’d been appointed.
us right over.
The building was in a bad state. Facing us was a silver-haired woman in an old dress. She took the package and asked us to come in. Nora ran inside. I unwillingly followed. 50 walking inside, I saw that the department belonged to someone poor.
Our hostess showed us some photos. Nora played and when it came time to say goodbye, we three hugged. I walked home Professionals call such a(n) 52 51 .
“a volunteer opportunity”. They are
opportunities and I’ve come to see. Where else but as volunteers do you have the opportunity to do something 53 that’s good for others as well as for yourself? 54 clothes for the homeless.
Nora and I often serve meals to needy people and Yet, as I’ve 55
her grow over these past four years, I still wonder—which of
us has benefited more? 36. A. was 37. A. aimed 38. A. settlement 39. A. heavy 40. A. web 41. A. birds 42. A. coldness 43. A. represented 44. A. concerned 45. A. creative 46. A. push 47. A. back 48. A. Therefore 49. A. requested 50. A. By 51. A. in surprise 52.A. stay 53. A. attractive 54. A. design 55. A. let B. did B. replaced B. explanation B. funny B. dream B. animals B. suffering B. returned B. sorry B. valuable B. stop B. away B. However B. invited B. For B. in tears B. reception B. famous B. make B. made C. has C. waved C. reply C. general C. castle C. plants C. illness C. sent C. excited C. shocking C. allow C. up C. But C. promised C. At C. in reality C. visit C. difficult C. order C. watched D. had D. pulled D. expression D. imaginative D. world D. insects D. appearance D. posted D. worried D. simple D. warn D. out D. Also D. helped D. On D. in amazement D. challenge D. enjoyable D. collect D. suggest
(共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分)
阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项 (A、B、C 和 D) 中，选出最佳选项。 A Long long ago, there was a small seed（种子）. Because it was only a seed, nobody noticed it. Thus, feeling inferior (低级的), the seed gave no importance to his existence. Then one day, a wind picked him up and threw him on an open field in the sun. Later, he was given rain. Years later he saw a traveler sitting by his side. "Thank you God for this. I really needed some rest," he heard the traveler say. "What are you
talking about?" the seed quickly asked. He thought the man was making fun of him. No one ever spoke to him like that. "Who just spoke?" the shocked man asked. "It is me, a seed." "A seed?" the man looked at the big tree. "Are you joking? You are no seed. You are a big tree!" "Really?" "Yes! Why else do you think people come here?" "What do they come here for?" "To feel your shade (树阴)! Don’t tell me you didn’t know you had grown over time. "A moment passed. The seed thought and smiled for the first time in his life. The years of torture (磨难) by the sun and the rain finally helped him grow up. "Oh! That means I’m not a little seed anymore! I was actually born to make people feel comfortable. Wow! That’s great! " 56. The seed didn’t realize the importance of his existence because ______. A. nobody looked after him C. he was such a small seed B. he didn’t believe in himself D. he was thrown into the open air
57. The traveler sat by the seed’s side to ______. A. escape from the rain C. have a rest and enjoy the shade B. thank God for offering him a tree D. talk with the big tree
58. The author’s purpose of writing the passage is to ____. A. tell us that we should help each other B. praise the seed for his strength C. teach us a lesson: never laugh at others D. tell us that we should never lose hope 59. Where does the passage most probably come from? A. A storybook. B. A science book. C. A history book. D. A novel. B When we donate （捐献） blood, a small amount is usually taken in advance for at least ABO and Rh systems typing. If you are O+, the O is your ABO type and the + is your Rh type. It is possible to be A, B, AB, or O as well as Rh + or Rh-. The ABO system was discovered by Karl Landsteiner in the early 1900s. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for his achievements. There are four basic types of blood in the ABO system: A, B, AB and O. Everybody is born with one of these four types of blood. We get blood type, just like hair color and height from parents. Because of the
substances(物质) contained in each type, the four groups must be transfused carefully, If two different blood types are mixed together, it may put a person into an extremely dangerous situation. Basically, A and B cannot be mixed. A and B cannot receive AB, but AB may receive A or B. In an emergency, type O blood can be given because it is most likely to be accepted by all blood types, so it is often called the universal donor. However, there is still a risk. For the opposite reason, AB is sometimes called the universal receiver. However, because there can be so many reactions in the blood bank of the hospital. There is a relationship between your blood type and your nationality. Among the Europeans, about 45 percent have type O while 42 percent have type A. The least common is type AB. Other races have different percentage. For example, some American Indian groups have nearly 100 percent type O out of 100 donors in the world… 60. Which of the following shown the correct relationships in blood transfusions? A B A B A B A B
61. The underlined word “transfuse” most probably means ________. A. to put the blood into a container B. to move the blood from one place to another C. to put the blood of one person into the body of another D. to give power to another person 62. The writer suggests that the third most common blood type among the Europeans is ______. A. B B. A C. AB D. O
63 The text mainly tells us ______. A. about the basic types of human blood B. what kind of blood is the most common C. about Karl Landsteiner who won the Nobel Prize
D. the relationship between blood type and nationality C London’s Chinese community dates back to the 18th century, when a small number of Chinese sailors moved to the city to work in Limehouse, east London. As time went by, other Chinese people came to this area and Limehouse began to be known as "Chinatown". At the start of the 20th century, there were just 545 Chinese people in Britain. However, this situation changed greatly after the Second World War. At this time, many farmers in Hong Kong lost their jobs, and decided to move to London. In the 1950s, a small Chinese restaurant opened in central London. Many British people visited it and said that Chinese food was wonderful! Suddenly, Chinese restaurants started opening in every part of the city. Instead of too little work, the new Chinese immigrants (移民) now found that they had too much! Most of the new immigrants enjoyed their lives and the chances they were offered. Many asked their friends and relatives to join them from their hometowns, and a lot of families were reunited again at this time. As time went by, London’s Chinese community became more and more successful. The sons and daughters of the first restaurant workers, encouraged by their parents, studied very hard at school and university. And most got highly-paid jobs. As a result, increasing numbers of Chinese families left Chinatown and moved to the more expensive places. Chinatown, however, is still as lively as ever, and a must-see for any visitor to London. 64. From the passage, we can learn that the first members of "Chinatown" were _____. A. early Chinese sailors C. Hong Kong farmers B. restaurant workers D. visitors to London
65. What does the author mean by the underlined sentence in Paragraph 1? A. Limehouse was influenced by World War II. B. The new immigrants found it hard to find jobs during the war. C. Many Hong Kong farmers lost their jobs because of the war. D. The number of Chinese people in Britain increased after the war.
66. Which of the following statements is NOT true? A. Before the 20th century, "Chinatown" in London was still very small. B. In the 1950s, Chinese food became quite popular in Britain. C. Most of the new immigrants could find a job in the 1950s. D. With the help of the British government, Chinatown was very successful。 67. The passage is mainly about _______. A. "Chinatown" in World War II B. the history of "Chinatown" in London C. the successful Chinese in London D. an old Chinese restaurant D I told my friend Graham, "I often walk two miles from my house to the town centre. Unfortunately, there is a big hill on the way." He replied, "You should say 'fortunately’." He explained that I should be glad for the extra exercise that the hill gave. I thought he was right. My attitude to the hill has now changed. As I approach the foot of the hill and prepare to climb, I tell myself that this hill will help me lose weight and get fit. This hill is my friend. I have a smile of satisfaction as I reach the top of the hill. Problems are to be faced. We cannot achieve anything with an easy life. Helen Keller once wrote that "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened ..." Our attitude towards difficulties is of importance in life. From time to time, we all face problems, accidents and difficulties. We cannot choose the situation but we can choose our attitude toward the situation. How can you change your attitude towards difficulties? Try these steps:1. Face the problem. Do not avoid it. 2. Take a positive attitude. 3. Imagine how you will feel when you solve the problem. 4. Develop an action plan for how to deal with it. 5. Smile. Many great people like Helen Keller, took these steps to deal with their
problems. They chose their attitude. They chose to be positive. They accepted the challenge. They won. 68. We can infer from the passage that_____. A. the author’s favorite sport is climbing hills B. the author has to climb a hill to go to work C. Graham helped change the author’s attitude D. Graham often climbs hills to exercise 69. The underlined word "approach" in Paragraph 2 means "_______". A. come near B. look at C. look for D. come across
70. The author used Helen Keller’s words to_____. A. tell us to learn from successful people B. tell us to do more exercise to keep fit C. prove that we should choose a hard life D. prove that difficulties make a man great 71. The author tries to prove his idea by____. A. giving numbers C. comparing facts E UFO stands for "unidentified flying object"(不明飞行物). Many people reported having seen UFOs in the sky. A lot of countries tried to research into them and in 1952 they got the name of UFO. There were several reports published in the 19th century which were related to UFOs. Denison Daily News in its report of 25th January, 1878 wrote that a farmer, Martin saw a flying object in the sky and it was just like a plate. This was the first time that the word plate had been related to the UFO. First reports on UFOs came during the World War II. In 1947 the pilot Kenneth Arnold said while he was flying near the Mount Rainer he saw a very bright object in the sky. He told that it was like a plate, too. The information given by Kenneth got lots of attention from the media and people. Several research organisations gave their reports on the UFOs. They showed B. giving examples D. using old sayings
direct or indirect physical evidence of UFOs, and sometimes UFOs’ appearance was found in the radar (雷达) screen. Many people try to take video tapes or photos of UFOs as proof. Most UFOs are in plate shape while many UFOs are like cigarettes or half balls. Many films and TV shows are made about UFOs. There are two famous movies which are created on the topic of UFOs and aliens (外星人), War of the World and Star Wars. UFOs have created a new field in science which is known as Ufology (飞 碟学). 72. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A. People named the flying object UFO in the 19th century. B. The UFOs Martin and Kenneth Arnold saw were in different shapes. C. Kenneth Arnold was given much attention for his discovering the UFO. D. Martin was the first person that described the flying object as a plate. 73. What does the underlined word "proof" in the fourth paragraph mean? A. Research. B. Evidence. C. Appearance. D. Exhibition.
74. The next paragraph following the passage probably talks about ________. A. the introduction to UFOs’shapes C. the new science —Ufology 75. This passage is mainly telling us ______. A. how to discover UFOs C. a new field in science B. who discovered UFOs D. UFOs’ discoveries and research B. famous movies on UFOs D. effects of UFOs on humans
第Ⅱ 卷（共两部分，共 35 分） 第一部分：单句填词（10 分） 1.No matter what we do, we should c__________ theory and practice. 2. Pandas are our national t________ 3.The East Pearl Tower is l_____ 4. What he said left a deep i________ . in the center of China. on the girl.
5. Venice is one of the great _____________ attractions (旅游胜地）of the world.
6.He was busy, but he still visited his parents ___________
7. This problem has also a_____________ (影响) our final decision. 8.__________ (显然), he didn’t realize it was a formal occasion. ___________ (风景）of the beautiful hotel garden from there.
9.You can get a good
10. To their _______________ （失望），they failed at last. 1. 5. 9. 2. 6. 10. 3. 7. 4. 8.
第二部分：书面表达（25 分） 假定有一批外宾要在中国过春节，他们很想了解关于我国春节的一些情况，请你 根据下列要点写一篇短文，以作介绍。字数 100 左右。 要点：(1) 春节就是中国的新年，一般在二月份。 (2) 中国的年份是按１２生肖命名的，如狗年、猴年等。今年是羊年。 (3) 春节前人们要大扫除，给孩子买新衣。大年夜家人在一起吃年夜饭。 (4) 年初一走访亲友。孩子们会得到压岁钱。 (5) 人们在春节常常过得很愉快。 1.词数 100 字左右 2.可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯 参考词汇：羊年 Year of the Goat 压岁钱 lucky money
The Chinese New Year is called Spring Festival，
_____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________