西宁市第四高级中学 2015—2016 学年第一学期期中考试 高
第一部分：听力(共两节，满分30分) 做题时，先将答案标在试卷上。录音内容结束后，你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案转涂到答题 卡上。 第一节(共5小题：每小题1.5分，满分7.5分) 听下面5段对话，回答1至5题(每段对话只读一遍) 1． Who is going to India this summer
holiday? A. Mary. B. Jane. A. She wore too little. A. $160. B. $120. C. Jack. B. She had a cold bath. C. $80. B. Learn something about business. C. Study for her degree. C. She slept in a cold room. 2． Why did the woman catch a cold according to the man? 3． How much do two pairs of shoes cost now? 4． What does the woman think Mary should do first? A. Work in a company.
5． What’s the woman probably? A. A secretary. B. A teacher. C. A Waitress.
第二节(共15小题：每小题1.5分，满分22.5分) 听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的A，B，C三个选项中选出最佳选 项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题5秒钟；听完后， 各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第6段材料，回答6至7题 6． What is the man sorry for? A. Coming back home late for dinner. C. Not coming back home for dinner. 7． Why is the man so busy? A. His company has just opened. 听第7段材料，回答8至10题 8． How many children does the man have? A. Three . B. Four A A C. Five.. B In a construction business. C In a toy company. C Three years ago. 9． Where is the man working now? In an advertising company. Last year. 10． When did the speaker meet last time? B Two years ago. 听第8段材料，回答11至13题 11． What can we know about the place where the speaker are? A It has beautiful lakes and trees. B It is a place for hunting . C. It is a pleasant
B. Not take the woman out for dinner.
B. He has many things to explain to his boss.
C. He has to spend the weekend with the woman.
place for outing.
12． What colors does the bird have? A C Blue ,orange, and dark brown Blue, yellow and light brown. B. Have something to eat. C. Catch the bird. B Blue, red and light brown.
13． What are the speakers going to do next ? A. Take some photos 听第9段材料 ，回答14至17题 14． What is the probable relationship between the speakers? A A 16 A 17. Fellow workers. Monday. B Husband and wife. C Father and daughter. C Saturday. B Watching TV. C Washing up. 15． What day is it today? B Tuesday. What is the man doing? Reading the newspaper. What is the man going to do next? A Cook the dinner. 听第10段材料，回答18至20题 18. What does the speaker suggest about remembering people’s names? A Remembering their family names. C Remembering their last names. 19. How often should people rest during work time？ A C About every 10 minutes. About every 20 minutes. B About every 15 minutes. B Remembering their first names.. B Do the dishes. C Sweep the floor.
20. What can we learn from the talk? A Vitamin B1and B2 are good for memory. B Resting for long periods of time will help improve memory. C People will be upset if their last names are forgetten. 第二部分：阅读理解（共两节，满分40分） 第一节（共15小题；每小题2分，满分30分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C和D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A Making friends is a skill like most skills. It improves with practice. If you want to meet people and make friends, you must be willing to take some action. You must first go where there are people. You won’t make fri ends staying home alone. Joining a club or a group, talking with those who like the same things as you do is much easier. Or join someone in some activity. Many people are nervous when talking to new people. After all meeting strangers means facing the unknown. And it’s human nature to feel a bit uncomfortable about unknown. Most of our fears about dealing with new people comes from doubts about ourselves. We imagine other people are judging us, finding us too tall or too short, too this or too that. But don’t forget that they must be feeling the same way. Try to a ccept yourself as you are, and try to put the other person at ease. You’ll both feel more comfortable. Try to act self-confident even if you don’t feel that way. When you enter a room full of strangers, such as a new classroom, walk tall and straight, look directly at other people and smile. If you see someone you’d like to speak to, say something. Don’t wait for the other person
to start a conversation. Just meeting someone new does not mean that you will make friends with that person—friendship is based on mutual(相互的) liking and “give and take”. It takes time and effort to develop. 21. The best topic of the passage may be ________. A. Friendship B. Making friends C. Meeting New People D. Facing the Unknown 22. Which of the following statements is NOT TRUE? A. Making friends needs practicing. B. Making friend s needs to be more active in getting in touch with people. C. When meeting someone, make him feel nice and easy. D. Before making friends with someone, judge him if he’s too this or too that. 23. The development of friendship needs ________. A. a lot of money C. time and effort(努力) B. lots of conversation D. carefully judging B Tom was a clever boy, but his parents were poor, so he had to work in his spare time and during his holidays to pay for his education. In spite of this, he managed to get to the university, but it was so expensive to study there that during the holidays he found it necessary to get two jobs at the same time so as to make enough money to pay for his studies. One summer he managed to get a job in a butcher’s shop during the daytime, and another in a hospital at night. In the shop, he learnt to cut meat up quite nicely, so the butcher(屠
夫) often left him to do all the serving while he went to the back room to do the accounts(账
目).In the hospital, on the other hand, he was, of course, allowed to do the simplest jobs, like helping to lift people and to carry them from one part of the hospital to another. Both at the butcher’s shops and at the hospital, Tom had to wear white clothes. One evening at the hospital, Tom had to help to carry a woman from her bed to the operating room. The woman happened to be one of his customers. She had already felt frightened at the thought of the operating before he came to get her, but when she saw Tom, that finished her. “No! No!” she cried. “Not the butcher!” I won’t b e operated by the butcher!” Then she
24. Tom made enough money by ________. A. studying in the university C. doing two jobs A. a doctor A. was sleeping. drinking. 27. The woman patient recognized Tom because he _____ . A. was wearing white clothes B. had sold meat to her C. was now working in the hospital D. was going to operate on her 28“..when she saw Tom, that finished her ”, which meant the sight of Tom_____.
B. working in a butcher’s shop D. cutting meat up well
25．Tom was a student, but at the same time he was ____. B. a manager and a doctor B. was doing the accounts. C. an assistant D. a manager D. was 26. In the butcher’s shop, Tom was doing all the serving while the butcher______. C. was having a rest.
A. plunged her into deep sorrow C. broke her heart
B. made her decide not to have the operation D. took all her strength and courage away C
Well, when the huge wave hit the boat, my safety belt broke and I was swept overboard. I don’t really understand how it happened, but I heard someone yell out, but then my boat, Wild One, went off into the darkness and I was alone in a very rough sea. I then spent five and a half hours in the water. The place where it happened was, oh, about 50 kilometers from shore(岸). It was likely that I wouldn’t see another day, but I always thought I’d overcome（克服） the difficulties. At first I was watching out for Wild One. The rest of the crew（船员） knew I was gone, so they were sure to come back and look for me. After a while, I saw the boat’s lights when it came looking for me. They were within about 300 meters of me, but the spotlight just missed me. The reason why they didn’t see me was because of the huge waves. You know, I started sailing when I was seven, and started ocean racing when I was about eighteen, but I’d never been overboard before. I believed I was going to survive, but it was very cold, and as the hours passed I started to get desperate—and frozen! It was around 5 am when I saw the lights of a tanker coming towards me. I figured it was probably my last chance. At first, I thought they were going to miss me, and then they made a slight turn and I yelled out “Help!” and they heard me. They covered me with as much dry clothes as they could, and a guy with me stayed to transfer his body heat to me. 29. The author of the passage was alone in the sea NOT because ________. A. the wind was too strong C. the safety belt was broken A. he didn’t yell out “Help!” C. he was not found B. the wave hit the boat D. his boat was in the darkness B. 300 meters was long distance D. he didn’t see the spotlight
30. He was not saved by his crew because ________.
31. It was inferred(推断)from the passage that ________. A. he was swept overboard at about midnight B. Wild One was the name of a crew member C. he started ocean racing at about ten chance 32. One of the guy who saved him stayed with him in order to ________. A. cover him with more dry clothes C. comfort him D This Sunday is grandpa's 70th birthday．The Smart family are going to celebrate it, so they will have a busy weekend. B. warm him with his body heat D. congratulate him D. he was too hopeless to take the last
33. The Smart family will be busy this weekend because they plan to ________. A. work on science projects B. do some cleaning C. celebrate grandpa's birthday D. watch TV together 34. The whole family will watch TV on ________. A. Saturday afternoon B. Saturday evening C. Sunday morning D. Sunday evening 35. Amy and Rose will ________ together． A. wrap grandpa's gifts B. cook the food C. have dance lessons room 第二节（共5小题，满分10分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 If you are going on vacation，you certainly hope you can enjoy yourself and at the same time，not spend too much money 37 36 Rememb er any food that you take will help you save a lot． Most hotels have a small refrigerator in the room that can be used to store all the food you bring with you．In case the room does not have a refrigerator，just buy a cooler(冷 却器)and store your food in it. Carry your own DVDs and laptop． This way you can watch your own movies instead of spending money on those offered by the hotel. Some hotels provide the latest movies，but the cost can be very high. you can just watch the usual television shows in the hotel. 39 Usually if y ou are on holiday at an international destination，you will have to pay a lot for the transactions(交易)when you use your credit card．So pay cash each time you want to buy something Before making any calls from your hotel room，make sure you find out what the charges are. 40 You are on holiday．so learn to relax and try not to use the phone to get in touch with your family. A. Try not to use your credit card
D. decorate the sitting
38 Or else，
B. It is best to carry your own snacks and drinks C. If you get into trouble on holiday，phone the number D. Take less money with you while you are on holiday． E. The charges（费用） will be added to your bill when you are leaving F. Here are some tips to help you save money while you are traveling． G. Why not buy a DVD or download movies from the Internet in advance? 第三部分：英语知识运用（共两节；满分40分） 第一节：完形填空（共20小题;每小题1.5分，满分30分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（Ａ，Ｂ，Ｃ，和Ｄ）中，选出可以填入空白处的最 佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Here’s an interesting story about King Alfred during his wars. At one time the enemy was winning. Alfred’s soldiers had all run away, and the king was alone in a forest. It was late, and Alfred was tired and 41 . 42 . He knocked at the door and 43 46 was a poor woman in the cottage(茅屋). She did not 48 her cakes which were 51 . After walking for some time, he came to a little for food and shelter for the night. 44 know that Alfred was the king him to sit down by the fire to Poor Alfred had 47
45 his clothes were torn and dirty. She let him in and himself. She asked him to 49 water. 52 . She was very 53 . 54
baking, while she went to the well to
50 important things to think about than the cakes, which he soon
When the woman came back, her cakes were all
“You, worthless(无用的) man!” she said, “You can’t big stick.
watch some cakes for a
quarter of an hour. Take that! And that! And that！” She began beating the 55 king with a 56 some of the enemy’s soldiers came. When they saw the woman 57 he was her bowed before him. 60 him, they thought
58 . So they laughed and left. Later some of Alfred’s own soldiers 59 him and the poor woman learnt that it was the king whom she had beaten, she
was very frightened. She went down on her knees and begged for mercy(乞求宽恕). Instead of anger, the king thanked her and said that he would always remember her for saving his life. 41. A. cold 42. A. building 43. A. waited 44. A. It 45. A. and 46. A. told 47. A. care 48. A. taste 49. A. fetch 50. A. some 51. A. forgot 52. A. lost 53. A. happy 54. A. ever 55 A. brave B. strange B. home B. searched B. She B. as B. persuaded B. warm B. eat B. make B. more B. remembered B. gone B. excited B. even B. great C. hungry C. room C. sent C. There C. but C. had C. cover C. watch C. pass C. ate C. burnt C. angry C. still C. important C. specially D . sad D. cottage D. asked D. That D. or D. begged D. enjoy D. cook D. boil D. unusually D. cooked D. disappeared D. sad D. yet D. poor
56. A. Till then 57. A. beating 58. A. servant 59. A. looked for 60. A. When
B. Just then B. kissing B. father B. found B. Until
C. Far away C. feeding C. husband C. searched C. Unless
D. From there D. scolding D. cousin D. looked D. Since
第二节 语法填空（共10小题；每小题1分，满分10分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 At the end of the 16 century, English was only spoken by people from England. They were native speakers. 61 __________ largest number of people speaking English may be in China at present. A lot of Chinese people speak English 62__________ their foreign language and some can even speak English 63____________ (fluent). The English language 64___________ (change) quite a lot over time. Old English 65___________ (speak) at that time sounded like German because it 66___________ (base) on German, but modern English sounds more like French 67___________ German because England was once ruled by the French. Two people had great effects on English. One was Shakespeare, the person 68___________ enriched the English vocabulary; the 69___________ was Noah Webster. He wrote a dictionary and finally gave American English 70___________ own identity. 第Ⅱ卷 第四部分： 写作 （共两节，满分40分） 第一节：短文改错（共10小题；满分10分） 文中共有10处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧），并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（＼）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词；2. 只允许修改10处，多者（从第11处起）不计分。 Every morning John goes to work by trains. He always buys a piece of newspaper, it helps to make the time pass more quickly. One Thursday morning, he turns to the sports page. He wanted to reading the report about an important football match the night before. The report was such interesting that he forgot to get off at his station. And he didn’t know it until he saw the sea. He got off at the next station, and had to wait long time for a train to return back. Of course, he arrived very lately at the office. His boss got very angry when Tom told him why he was late. “Work is very important than football !” he shouted. 第二节：英汉互译（满分20分） 短语： 71.放声大笑 _____ 73.失去勇气或信心 _____ 75.结束，终结_____ 77.照常 __________ 单词： 79.教育，训练 v. _____ 81.rescue _____ 83.可信赖的 _____ 80.相等的，平等的 adj. _____ 82.说服， 劝说_____ 84. 陷入困境，陷阱 _____
72.事实上 _____ 74．被判处?徒刑 _____ 76.严重受损，破败不堪 ______ 78.屈服，让步_____
85.辨认出，承认，公认 _____ 87. reward _____ 89.忠实的，深爱的 adj. _____
86.recover _____ 88. 毕业于，从?毕业 v. _____ 90.态度;看法 n. _____
第三节：定语从句：将正确答案的序号涂在答题卡的相应位置（每小题 1 分，共 10 分） 91.A football fan is 92.The house, has a strong interest in football. A. that B. who C. a person who D. what was destroyed in the terrible fire, has been repaired. they remember in the school. A. whose roof B. which roof C. its roof D. the roof 93. They talked for about an hour of things and persons A. which B. that 94.All the apples A. that A .what A. what A. which A. what A. what A. who C. who D. whom fell down were eaten by the pigs. D. what he saw at the front. D. where was peaceful. D. how
B. those C. which B. that B. which C. which
95.They asked him to tell them everything 96.We first broke the law in a way C. in which 97.He was born in the year 98.Do you think the reason B. why B. who B. whom C. that C. that 99. God helps those 100. I don’t know the girl
the Anti-Japanese War broke out. he gave is believable? D. where D. whom our teacher is talking with. helps themselves.
B. when C. on which D. during which
C. that D. all of the above.
高一英语期中答案 听力：1---5 BABCA 6---10 CAAAC 11---15CBBBB 16---20 ACBCA 阅读理解： 21---23 BDC 24--28 CCBBD 29--32 DCAB 33--35 CBAGF 36-40 FBGAE 完形填空： 41---45 CDDCB 46---50 ADBBB 51---55CBACD 56---60 BACBA 语法填词： 61 The 62 as 63 fluently 64 has changed 65 spoken 66 was based 67 than 68 who/that 69 who/that 70 its 改错：trains---train; it---which;turns---turned;reading---read; such---so; And---But; had to wait long time ---had to wait a long time; return back---go back 或去掉 back;lately---late;very---more 英汉互译 71 burst into laughter / burst out laughing 72 as a matter of fact/in fact 73 lose heart 74 be sentenced to 75 at an end 76 in ruins 77 as usual 78 give in 79 educate 80 equal 81 营救，援救 82 persuade 83 reliable 84 trap 85 recognize 86 恢复，重新获得，痊愈 graduate 89 devoted 90 attitude 定语从句 91—95 CABAB