一、单项填空 （共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 从 A、B、C 和 D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 1. —What do you want to be when you grow up，Eric? —I want to be______A____ university profess
or. That’s my dream. A. a B. an C. the D. \ 2. Neil Armstrong was interested in flying ____D______ a very young age. He received his student pilot’s licence when he was 16. A. from B. in C. on D. at 3. The foreign visitors asked _____A_____ lots of questions about Chinese culture during the trip. A. us B. we C. ours D. ourselves 4. —It’s bright enough in the classroom, I think. You’d better not leave the lights on in the daytime. —Sorry, I’ll _______D___now. A. put them away B. put them down C. turn them down D. turn them off 5. —Look! Ming City Wall of Nanjing is so wonderful! —Yeah, it____B______ almost 600 years ago. Local people consider it as the pride of the city. A. was building B. was built C. has built D. is built 6. —Don’t you think fishing is _____B_____? Imagine you just sit by the water and wait for hours. —No, I really enjoy the fishing time. A. interesting B. boring C. bored D. interested 7. —Did you mail the cards to your teachers? —No, I want to check them again. I _____C_____ them after dinner. A. mailed B. mail C. will mail D. have mailed 8. I usually take a camera on my trips because taking pictures is a good way for me to remember the _____D_____. A. earthquake B. education C. experiment D. experience 9. —Jim, how do you like the movie? —_____C_____ interesting. It was just a waste of time. A. Something B. Anything C. Nothing D. Everything 10. You can’t borrow books from the school library ___C____ you show your student card first. A. so B. if C. unless D. as 11. —I don’t really like James at all. Why did you invite him? —Don’t worry. He D come. He said he wasn’t sure if he would come. A. must not B. need not C. should not D. may not
12. —I’ve just got a birthday card from my pen friend. —Let me have a look. Wow. ____B______ nice birthday card! A. What B. What a C. How D. How a 13. —May Day is coming soon. Can you tell me ____B____ your holiday? — OK. I will go to Beijing with my parents. A. when you are going to spend B. where you are going to spend C. when are you going to spend D. where are you going to spend 14. —You are confident about the job interview, aren’t you? — C . I feel I’ve got everything they need. A. I hope so B. It’s hard to say C. Sure, I am D. Well, maybe 15. —I can’t get along with some of my classmates. I often feel lonely. —_____A_____ But what’s the reason? A. Sorry to hear that. B. How about that? C. That’s all right. D. Never give up. 二、完形填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下面短文，从各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白 处的最佳选项。 Some boys join the Navy when they are young. They are then given a course of training as sailors(水手). It is a long course, both on land and at sea. During it, the boys study things 16 mathematics and science as well as learning to tie the knots (打 结), fire guns and to 17 other practical things. One of the important things they are 18 is, of course, how to swim. In the old days, many sailors were unable to swim, 19 now it is hard to find one that cannot. At one school for sailors, the swimming coach( 教 练 )was very good. He had 20 had a boy who he had failed to teach to swim when the course 21 . One year, however, there was one 22 boy on the training course who seemed quite unable to learn to swim. The coach tried giving him extra lessons, but he had no success at all, whatever he did. In the end, 23 the time came near for the training to end, he had to accept failure(失败). One day, he called the boy to him after the swimming lesson and said to him, “John, I have tried very hard to teach you to swim, but I have failed for the first time in my life. Now I want to give you a piece of 24 . Listen carefully.” “Yes, sir,” answered the boy. “Well,” the coach went on, “if you are ever in a ship and it sinks(下沉), just jump over the side into the sea, go right down to the bottom and 25 to the land as fast as you can. That is the only way you will save your life.” 16. A. except B. like C. with D. for 17. A. teach B. play C. do D. watch 18. A. taught B. told C. made D. promised 19. A. and B. because C. when D. but
20. A. often B. never C. always 21. A. began B. gave C. ended 22. A. interesting B. particular C. clever 23. A. as B. while C. if 24. A. news B. music C. information 25. A. run B. walk C. swim 三、阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分）
D. once D. took D. unknown D. why D. advice D. jump
Now more and more people like talking about something that they are interested in. Here is a page from an Internet Forum (论坛). Some people are discussing who is a better singer. Internet Forum Writer\Time Lucy 1-17-2012 2:45 p.m. Anita 1-17-2012 4:38 p.m. Tom 1-17-2012 8:55 p.m. Peter 1-18-2012 10:17 a.m. Anita 1-18-2012 12:47 p.m. Topic: Who’s a better singer, Andy Lau or Jacky Cheung? Some people say Jacky Cheung is the best Chinese singer. I don’t think so! Andy Lau is the best. I went to his concert last year. It was so hard to believe, I almost cried! OK, I did cry. That’s because Andy Lau is so handsome! I don’t agree at all. Andy Lau sounds like every other singer. His voice is nothing special. However, Jacky Cheung’s is different from others’, and his songs are so romantic! I think they are about the same. But Jacky Cheung is really a better actor. I’ve seen almost all of his movies. Remember the one that he played the lead role of an airplane pilot in, and his plane hit a hill. I love that movie! I also think Jacky Cheung is a better singer, I prefer his Cantonese(粤语) songs. Maybe they sound better because Cantonese is his first language. I agree. Jacky Cheung’s Cantonese songs are better than his Mandarin(普通话) songs though I still like all his songs.
26. Who likes Andy Lau the best? A. Lucy B. Anita C. Tom 27. Why did Lucy cry? A. She was sad at the concert. B. She was angry with Andy Lau.
C. She thought Andy Lau sang badly D. She thought Andy Lau was good-looking. 28. What is Tom’s opinion? A. Andy Lau is a better singer. B. Jacky Cheung is a better singer. C. Andy Lau sings as well as Jacky Cheung. D. Jacky Cheung doesn’t act as well as Andy Lau. 29. Why does Peter think Jacky Cheung’s Cantonese songs sound better ? A. Jacky Cheung’s Mandarin songs are boring. B. Cantonese is Jacky Cheung’s first language. C. Jacky Cheung doesn’t like singing Mandarin songs. D. Jacky Cheung has no experience singing in Mandarin. 30. Which of the following is TRUE? A. Nobody likes Jacky Cheung’s movies. B. Anita has the same opinion as Peter. C. Lucy has never seen an Andy Lau’s concert. D. Anita thinks Andy Lau’s voice is more special than Jack Cheung’s. ? B The Great Fire of London started in the very early hours of September 2, 1666. In four days it destroyed more than three -quarters of the old city, where most of the houses were wooden and close together. One hundred thousand people became homeless, but only a few lost their lives. The fire started on Sunday morning in the house of the King’s baker(面包师) in Pudding Lane . The baker, with his wife and family, was able to get out through a window in the roof(屋顶). A strong wind blew the fire from the bakery 面 （ 包房）into a small hotel next door . Then it spread quickly into Thames Street. That was the beginning. By eight o’clock three hundred houses were on fire. On Monday nearly a kilometer of the city was burning along the River Thames. Tuesday was the worst day. The fire destroyed many well-known buildings, old St Paul’s and the Guildhall among them. Samuel Pepys, the famous writer, wrote about the fire. People threw their things into the river. Many poor people stayed in their houses until the last moment. Birds fell out of the air because of the heat. The fire stopped only when the King(国王) finally ordered people to destroy hundreds of buildings in the paths of the fire, With nothing left to burn , the fire became weak and finally died out . After the fire, Christopher Wren, an architect(建筑师), wanted a city with wider streets and fine new houses of stone. In fact, the streets are still not wide, but he did build more than fifty churches(教堂), among them the new St Paul’s. The fire caused great pain and loss, but after it London was a better place: a city for the future and not just of the past.
31. Where did the fire begin first? A. A hotel. B. A palace. C. Pudding Lane. D. Thames Street. 32. It seems that the writer of the text was most sorry for the fact that . A. people threw their things into the river B. many famous buildings were destroyed C the birds in the sky were killed by the fire D. the King’s bakery was burned down 33. Why did the writer mention Samuel Pepys? A. To give the readers a clearer picture of the fire. B. Because Pepys also wrote about the fire. C. Because Pepys was a famous writer. D. Because Pepys was among those people putting out the fire. 34. How was the fire put out according to the text? A. The King and his soldiers came to help. B. All the houses in the city were destroyed. C. People managed to get enough water from the river. D. Houses standing in the direction of the fire were pulled down. 35. Which was probably NOT the main reason for the fast spread of the big fire? A. There was a strong wind. B. The streets were not very wide. C. The houses were wooden. D. There was not enough water in the city.
Pierre is a 25-year-old penguin(企鹅) at the California College of Sciences. Because of his old age, he was going bald, which made him feel too cold to swim in the pool. Therefore, scientists at the college had created a wetsuit for this penguin to help him get back in the swimming pool. Unlike other animals, which have a layer(层) of blubber(油脂) to keep them warm, penguins depend on(依靠) their feathers. Without them, Pierre was not willing to jump into the swimming pool and trembled on the side of the pool while another 19 penguins played in the water. “He was cold, he would shake,” said Pam Schaller, a scientist. Schaller first tried a heat lamp to keep Pierre warm. Then she got another idea: if wetsuits keep humans warm in cold climates, why not make one for Pierre? Schaller designed the suit, which covered Pierre’s body and had small openings for his feet. “I would walk behind him and see if the wetsuit would fit him well. If not, I would cut and refit until it was very suitable,” she said. One problem was that the other penguins would refuse Pierre in his new suit, but in fact, they accepted his new look. He swam freely and got along with others well,
although he was the only penguin with a black stomach. Schaller couldn’t say surely whether the wetsuit allowed Pierre to grow his fine feathers again, but certainly we were able to keep him comfortable during the special time”. Pierre will take off his suit after his new feathers grow back. 36. Pierre felt too cold to swim in the pool because of . A. not having a layer of blubber B. having few feathers because of old age C. having no wetsuit D. others penguins refusing him 37. The idea of making a wetsuit for Pierre came from . A. an invention B. feathers C. the use of a heat lamp D. the use of wetsuits on humans 38. Schaller followed Pierre in order to see . A. if anywhere of the wetsuit needed to be cut and refitted B. whether other penguins would attack him C. if the wetsuit kept warm D. whether the wetsuit would keep the feathers from growing 39. What does the underlined word “ trembled ” in the second paragraph mean? A. feeling scared B. staying alone C. shaking with cold D. having a sleep 40. What can be the best title for the text? A. Beautiful Look of Pierre B. Old Penguin Getting Bald C. Not Willing to Swim D. A Wetsuit for An Old Penguin
James Cleveland Owens was the son of a farmer and the grandson of black slaves(奴隶). His family moved to Cleveland when he was 9. There, a school teacher asked the youth his name. “J.C.,” he replied. She thought he had said “Jesse”, and he had a new name. Owens ran his first race at the age of 13. After high school, he went to Ohio State University. He had to work part time in order to pay for his education. As a second year student, in the Big Ten games in 1935, he set even more records than he would in the Olympic Games a year later. A week before the Big Ten games, Owens fell down when he went downstairs. His back hurt so much that he could not exercise all week, and he was helped in and out of the car that drove him to the games. He refused to listen to the suggestions that he should give up and said he would try, event by event. He did try, and the results are in the record book. The stage was set for Owens’ success at the Olympic Games in Berlin(柏林) the next year, and his success would come to be considered as not only athletic but also political(政治的). Hitler(希特勒) did not give congratulations to any of the black American winners. “It was all right with me,” he said years later. “I didn’t go to Berlin to shake hands with him, anyway.”
After returning from Berlin, he received no telephone calls from the president of his own country, either. In fact, he was not honored by the United States until 1976, four years before his death. Owens’ Olympic success made little difference to him. He earned his living by looking after a school playground, and racing against cars and dogs. “Sure, it worried me,” he said later. “But at least it was an honest living. I had to eat. ” In the end, however, his gold medals changed his life. “They have kept me alive over the years,” he once said. “Time has stood still for me. That golden moment dies hard. ” 41. Owens got his other name “Jesse” when . A. he went to Ohio State University B. his teacher laughed at him C. his teacher thought that he had said “Jesse” D. he won gold medals in the Big Ten games 42. In the Big Ten games, Owens . A. hurt himself in the back B. was successful in setting many records C. tried every sports event but all failed D. had to give up all events 43. We can infer(推测) from the text that Owens was treated unfairly in the US at that time because . A. he was the grandson of black slaves B. he was the son of a poor farmer C. he didn’t shake hands with Hitler D. he didn’t talk to the US president on the phone 44. When Owens says “They have kept me alive over the years”, he means that the medals . A. have been changed for money to help him live on B. have made him famous in the US C. have encouraged him to face difficulties in life D. have kept him busy with all kinds of jobs 45. What can be the best title for the text? A. Jesse Owens — A Great American Sportsman B. The Big Ten Games C. Making a Living As a Sportsman D. How to Be a Successful Sportsman
第 II 卷 非选择题 （共 51 分）
四、填空（共 16 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 16 分） A) 根据括号中所给的汉语写出单词，使句子意思完整正确。 46. Lin Shuhao, a 24-year-old basketball player, tries his best to catch every ▲ (机会) to perform himself in NBA court. 47. Dr. Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum lies in the eastern part of Nanjing and it attracts ▲ (百万) of tourists every year.
48. Philip is fond of sports now and plays basketball almost every day, so he is much ▲ (强壮的) than before. 49. It is about ten ▲ (分钟) walk from the centre of the city to my school. 50. These beautiful birds are fast ▲ (消失) because their living areas are becoming more and more farmlands. B) 根据句子意思，用括号中所给单词的适当形式填空。 51. — Jack, how often do you play football with your friends? —I play football with them ▲ (two) a week. 52. Some children like sharing secrets with close friends while others prefer to keep secrets to ▲ (they). 53. As a young Chinese soldier in the 1960s, Lei Feng was known for devoting most of his spare time and money to ▲ (help) others. 54. We usually gather on the playground to watch the raising of ▲ (nation) flag on Monday morning. 55. If you can answer all the questions ▲ (correct), you will get two free film tickets. 56. Kitty thought her parents would do a lot ▲ (celebrate) her birthday, but they just gave her a birthday card. C）根据对话内容，从下面方框中选择适当的单词或短语填空，使对话内容完整正 确。 sound like snow another even though for a long time A: What’s your favourite Christmas memory, Ann? B: My favourite Christmas was the one last year. My dad had been away for three months who worked in 57 city. Mum and I were very sad, because he had called and told us that he wouldn’t come home for Christmas. Mum and I invited our grandparents and we had dinner together. In the evening, we called dad and talked 58 . I could hear that dad was very sad, too, though he tried to sound happy. A: That doesn’t 59 a good Christmas at all. Why do you say that it’s your favourite Christmas? B: Well, because of what happened later. My dad returned in March. I was in school the day he arrived, and mum hadn’t told me that he was coming. When I got home from school, our house was decorated(装饰) with Christmas lights and even some 60 . I ran into the house and there was a big Christmas tree in the living room. Mum and Dad were waiting for me and we had a great Christmas party that evening. That was the best Christmas 61 it wasn’t really Christmas at all. A: Now I understand what you mean when you say that Christmas is not just about getting gifts. 五、阅读填空 (共 20 小题；每小题 1 分；满分 20 分) A) 阅读下面短文，并根据所读内容，在文章后第 62～71 小题的空格里填入一个 最恰当的单词。注意：每空只填 1 个单词。 The Chinese are very generous when it comes to educating their children. Some parents send their children to the best schools or even foreign countries, for example, England, the US or Australia although it costs much. Many also want their children to take after-school activities. Their children either learn a musical instrument(乐器) or
ballet, or other classes that will give them a head start in life. The Chinese believe that the more expensive an education is, the better it is, so parents often spend a big amount of money on education. Even poor couples buy a computer for their son or daughter. However, what most parents fail to see is that the best education they can give their children is usually very cheap. Parents should know their children’s various skills. Children will usually be good in some areas while poor in others. What most parents fail to realize is that today’s children lack(缺乏) confidence. The problem is that parents only care about their children on how to achieve high marks in exams. They are not teaching children the most important skills that can be helpful to their growth. These skills also can build their confidence. Parents can help achieve this by teaching their children practical skills like cooking, cleaning and other housework. Teaching a child to cook will improve many of the skills that he will need later in life. Cooking requires patience and time. It is a pleasant but difficult experience. A good cook always tries to improve his cooking, so he will learn to work hard and successfully finish his job step by step. The result, a well-cooked dinner, will give a child a lot of satisfaction and confidence. An old machine such as a broken radio or TV set that you give your child as a toy may make him curious. If he spends hours looking at it and trying to repair it， your child might become an engineer when he grows up. It’s better to do such activities than teach a child to read a book. These activities can teach them to think, and to use their minds. How Chinese parents should 62 their children Title ★ Being 63 with money when it comes to education. ★ Sending them to the best schools at home or even 64 . Making children take after-school activities in order to Common practice ★ 65 them a head start in life. ★ Spending more 66 than they can afford on education. ★ Children are not confident. 67 results ★ Teaching their children practical skills, which are of the greatest importance. ★ 68 . ★ Cleaning ★ Other housework. ★ 69 a broken radio or TV. ★ 70 the children curious and creative. ★ Teaching the children to think and use their 71 .
B) 根据短文内容和首字母提示，填写所缺单词。 It is said that the eyes are the windows of our soul(心灵). Beautiful and bright eyes not only show a good health but also make you look very attractive. However, to have h 72 eyes you have to look after them properly. Your eyes n 73 everyday attention.
Pay more attention to your diet. First, eat different kinds of good food. They are f 74 fruits, vegetables, fish, eggs, and milk. Besides, a regular amount of vitamins A and B2 should a 75 be taken. A regular sleep is a must. It relaxes the eye muscles(肌肉)and gives them the rest required. Sleep not only helps the body to repair its tired tissues(组织). Usually, you must sleep for at l 76 seven to eight hours every day. L 77 of enough sleep can give you dark circles(圆圈)under the eye. You must e 78 your eyes every day. Blink(眨眼) your eyes at regular times, which makes the eyeballs watery, and gives them a good wash. We use our eyes in many wrong w 79 . Fox example, if a small thing goes into our eye, we start rubbing it, which is wrong. Rubbing can cause damage(损害) to your eyes. Don’t read or write in poor or bright sunlight. Always using sunglasses can cause eye tiredness. Light should not shine directly in your eyes. Some people don’t have a r 80 after too much reading, writing, watching TV or working on the computer. Your life will not be colourful w 81 your eyes. Remember to always take care of God’s most beautiful gift to you. 六、书面表达 (满分 15 分) 为 配 合 创 建 “ 绿 色 健 康 学 校 ” 工 作 ， 学 生 会 发 起 以 “Make Our School Greener”为主题的英语征文比赛。请根据以下信息写一篇短文，短文题目和开头 已给出。 要点提示： 1、爱护校园内的花草树木 2、保持校园整洁，不乱扔废弃物 3、节约用水、坚持锻炼?? 注意： 1．词数 80 左右；开头已给出，不计入总词数。 2．结合以上要点，可围绕主题适当发挥，增加细节，以使行文连贯。 3．文中不得出现你的真实姓名和学校名称。 Make Our School Greener In order to make our school greener, I think we should .
- 10 -
一、1～5 ADADB 6～10 BCDCC 11～15 DBBCA 二、16～20 BCADB 21～25CBADA 三、26～30 ADCBB 31～35 CBADD 36～40 BDACD 41～45 CBACA 四、A) 46. chance 47. millions 48. stronger 49. minutes’ 50. disappearing B) 51. twice 52. themselves 53. helping 54. national 55. correctly 56. to celebrate C) 57. another 58. for a long time 59. sound like 60. snow 61. even though 五、A) 62. educate 63. generous 64. abroad 65. give 66. money 67. Bad 68. Cooking 69. Fixing/ Mending/ Repairing 70. Making 71. minds B) 72. healthy 73. need 74. fresh 75. also 76. least 77. Loss 78. exercise 79. ways 80. rest 81. without 六、One possible version： In order to make our school greener, I think we should keep the school environment neat and clean. We ought not to throw away the waste carelessly. Meanwhile, try to save water if necessary and never forget to turn off the lights in the daytime or when there is no one in the classroom. What’s more, regular exercise can help us stay healthy and build up our body. We should do sports for about one hour every day. We should also be polite to others, and try our best to get on well with each other. In a word, whatever you do, please remember to live a green and healthy lifestyle.
附：书面表达评分标准建议：1. 评分原则： （1）本题总分 15 分，按 5 个档次给分。 （2）评分要求：先读文章，再定档次，最后评分。 （3）短文格式：分段和结尾（1 分） 。 （4）短文内容：要涵盖表格中所提示的内容和适当发挥。 （5）书写、词数：书写（1 分） 。如书写较差，影响信息传递，将分数降低一个档次。 （6）评 分时应注意内容表达、 词汇和语法结构的使用是否准确、 上下文是否连贯及语言表述是否得体。 2. 各档次的给分范围和要求： 第五档（13～15 分） ：能写明全部要点，语言基本无误或有少量拼写错误，行文流畅，表达清 楚。 第四档（10～12 分） ：能写明大部份要点，语言有一些错误（句子结构或动词时态错误 1～2 处） ，但行文基本流畅，表达基本清楚。 第三档（7～9 分） ：能写明一些要点，语言错误较多（句子结构或动词时态错误 3～4 处）但 意思基本连贯，表达基本清楚。 第二档（4～6 分） ：能写明少数要点，语言错误多，意思不连贯，影响意思表达。 第一档（1～3 分） ：只能写出若干单词，无可读的句子。
- 11 -